The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the ability isn't edo tensei anymore. What is it then?

You also have yet to justify there being a moon.

Night and day so I assumed.  Or I could manually create one.

And it's not Edo Tensei, it's property of Yin-Yang creation.  Creation of will, manipulation of life.

EDIT:  Actually nvm, I will make one.

EDIT 2:  Done.

That was a fun read. So let me get this straight all Edo Tensei-esque bodies are looking at Team Dorian?

The four at location of the Divine, yes.  And technically, it's not Edo Tensei.  It's simple creation and animation of life, not reanimation of the dead.

Well, that's one hell of a way to make a gigantic post.

So, -6% accuracy, -3% movement, +50% damage against CC members but take +30% more damages as the condition for the Divine, and -6% accuracy, -6 to -26% chance of misfiring, and +30% stamina when together, yet receiving a 10% defense penalty when fighting against a Divine member as the condition for the CC.

I could say that the CC got the short end of the stick on this one, mainly since they risk a friendly fire to get the 30% boost to their stamina. But at least they have the advantage in numbers.

I wonder if attempting to manipulate the weather will have any effect to the battlefield.

You know Chris. I was hoping for this to be good. And you did good. However...

I should have just kept my mouth shut about having Richard killed. I could have done it on my own terms, but YOU took things too far. And there were a lot of things you did wrong with Richard:

1. Tsunugai is the one with a helmet, not Richard (Just a tiny nitpick, but I'm, bringing it up just because).
  2. Richard can't be killed so easily. You just basically compared Richard to Matthew, yet they themselves are in separate tiers (Richard being in TOP tier).
  3. Richard has REDEMPTION MODE! As such, it makes him just as equal a god as Madara is (Well, maybe not as powerful, but he'd be able to damn well survive the suffering put on him when using his full extent).

Is it too late to take back what I said about wanting him killed? :mellow:

You know Chris. I was hoping for this to be good. And you did good. However...

I should have just kept my mouth shut about having Richard killed. I could have done it on my own terms, but YOU took things too far. And there were a lot of things you did wrong with Richard:

1. Tsunugai is the one with a helmet, not Richard (Just a tiny nitpick, but I'm, bringing it up just because).
  2. Richard can't be killed so easily. You just basically compared Richard to Matthew, yet they themselves are in separate tiers (Richard being in TOP tier).
  3. Richard has REDEMPTION MODE! As such, it makes him just as equal a god as Madara is (Well, maybe not as powerful, but he'd be able to damn well survive the suffering put on him when using his full extent).

Is it too late to take back what I said about wanting him killed? :mellow:

Yes, but to be honest I couldn't get to his app.  The link on page one is broken and it was tough to find in your history.  I can however give him more of a fighting chance.  Another two posts, and have him live for that length.  Make him a standing character, what with Matthew giving the Corp a resounding "No Regrets."  How's that?

Well, that's one hell of a way to make a gigantic post.

So, -6% accuracy, -3% movement, +50% damage against CC members but take +30% more damages as the condition for the Divine, and -6% accuracy, -6 to -26% chance of misfiring, and +30% stamina when together, yet receiving a 10% defense penalty when fighting against a Divine member as the condition for the CC.

I could say that the CC got the short end of the stick on this one, mainly since they risk a friendly fire to get the 30% boost to their stamina. But at least they have the advantage in numbers.

I wonder if attempting to manipulate the weather will have any effect to the battlefield.

This could be really interesting.  A combination of healthy or negative weather effects could do some serious damage, but it depends on your location on the Periphery really.  Remember, the entire planet is freezing.  How, where, and what type of weather you manipulate could be excellent or catastrophic.

I still had plans for Richard. Plus, I didn't know you would do this IMMEDIATELY after the world is described. That kinda pissed me off. I don't mind Madara killing him, but I don't want Richard dead so early in the Arc. If I'd be so lucky, he would die near the end of Arc 3.

So, let me offer you something: Richard completely shrugs off Madara's lesser attempts at killing him (Including the poison as he has the ability to repel it along with the rest of my characters), and he (Madara) actually does some internal damage that will slowly kill him on the inside (And his healing magic can do nothing about it). Kind of like some internal bleeding, but it won't affect him immediately. He'll take it as if the poison got to him, giving the illusion that his own god-like power couldn't overcome the poison entirely.

How's that sound? Plus, it'll only start to be noticed during after Merciful's big posts in the arc. How's that for a deal?

I don't mean to complain, your idea was just so sudden (Bringing it up and actually posting it). I get it. This is an RP. Anything can happen based on other RPers.

So I'll just put how I feel in a simple sentence: Forget I even considered making the sacrifice.

Sorry, Chris, I didn't mean to piss you off. -_-

I don't mean to complain, your idea was just so sudden (Bringing it up and actually posting it). I get it. This is an RP. Anything can happen based on other RPers.

So I'll just put how I feel in a simple sentence: Forget I even considered making the sacrifice.

Sorry, Chris, I didn't mean to piss you off. -_-

Oh I'm not upset, I'm just really tired.  You can keep him, it's all good.  No need in complaining on my end, so let's just play.

This could be really interesting.  A combination of healthy or negative weather effects could do some serious damage, but it depends on your location on the Periphery really.  Remember, the entire planet is freezing.  How, where, and what type of weather you manipulate could be excellent or catastrophic.

Well, Tenshi's sword has the ability to manipulate and influence the weather, though due to how does the power work (utilizing scarlet energies that was made from the temperaments and emotions in the air or the one generated by the strike of her sword. The weather generated would be related to the source of the temperament, though if its not from a definite subject, the weather generation will be randomized), it's kind of a crapshoot and it's quite hard to generate a weather that correctly respond to the current situation (though Tenshi herself can operate well in most weathers due to her natural resistance). 

The weather she can generate ranged from heavy storms, rain, clear sky, snow, hailstorms, mist, dry, sandstorms, and others.

The AoE is around 1 km.

So, aside from the wake-up call boss battle against the resurrected characters, will there still be monsters?

Plenty of discussion, but ONLY ONE IC POST? Huh.

So anyway, after reading your post, Chris, I kinda have to admit that perhaps it might've been better if you conserved this post until halfway into the arc due to its magnitude, letting the characters explore the world and fight against Ophelia's creatures, and having Madara lay low until he finally got bored and decided to do stuff. A bit similar to how LERNA didn't do anything until she abruptly telepathically messaged everyone and destroyed the 'sun' in the Desert Seth.

I mean, it's probably quite a lot to take in IMO, especially for the newcomers, and next time I'd recommend actually telling me your plans first, instead of keeping it a secret from the host ^_^; but oh well. What's done is done~

So, aside from the wake-up call boss battle against the resurrected characters, will there still be monsters?

Obviously.

I can't help but feel sorry for you guys, because all your characters about to face so many obstacles - and so soon as well. This isn't exactly the best pace for the RP to be going at.

A couple of things

1. In Chris' defense he was going to wait till we had explored the world a bit before making the epic post of epicness. But once everyone knew how long the post was I think we just said he should come second in the post of the new story.

2. I'm definitely going to post today, but I was wondering about this tier list business. Just a mini I'm going to have Radamanthys try to take down the entire 2 Life crew and clone. So he can make his way to Kratos lol

I've been relaxing after some intense exams, but this recent pair of posts have kind of thrown me off.

Is there any way to summarize WTF just happened?

Also, half of my characters should be safe. Izumi's T.E.S.La.R.C. Armor can be environmentally sealed, and poison has no effect on someone who is already dead, like Otto.

Given enough warning, Foster could start fabricating some polarized masks.

@Bailas, GLaDOS: Content is way more important than length. Speaking of which, that Chris assumed everyone will succumb to the poison - considering the vast range of entities who would be unaffected, not sure how he expected this to work - isn't really good. That's called powerplaying, and even though I kinda let him do this, it's still bothering. I think the most valid explanation would be that the trees simply dragged them over, poison or no poison.

And yes, I completely understand about the 'throwing off' bit. Sorry about that. A crossover can't be maintained if it goes into too much detail, since there's bound to be conflicting elements. Right now, I have two options; either I can ask Chris to postpone his post for halfway into the RP, which'll help the story flow smoother, but it ruins the surprise. Or I can let things continue as they are, and micromanage things so that they run smoother.

Right now, I need to think. I may have to make a poll and let you guys vote on it, but I wouldn't want to pressure Chris >.<

Instead, I'll wait for his opinion on this matter, as well as Roxas's.

@Mugendramon: Yes! Sorry, slight setbacks. As I explained, my computer crashed and it seems like I've lost my two maps, so I guess I'll have to make them again on my Windows XP laptop.

@Bailas, GLaDOS: Content is way more important than length. Speaking of which, that Chris assumed everyone will succumb to the poison - considering the vast range of entities who would be unaffected, not sure how he expected this to work - isn't really good. That's called powerplaying, and even though I kinda let him do this, it's still bothering. I think the most valid explanation would be that the trees simply dragged them over, poison or no poison.

And yes, I completely understand about the 'throwing off' bit. Sorry about that. A crossover can't be maintained if it goes into too much detail, since there's bound to be conflicting elements. Right now, I have two options; either I can ask Chris to postpone his post for halfway into the RP, which'll help the story flow smoother, but it ruins the surprise. Or I can let things continue as they are, and micromanage things so that they run smoother.

That still tells me nothing about what I need to know.

I don't really understand this Tsukuyomi/Poison combination.

And how exactly Madara just hijacked the Arc.

Could you just give a summary of yours and Chris' posts?

Archived