The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'm wondering if an Outer God has the ability to grant someone an ability of their own universe that the God himself doesn't use. If Shadronus is capable of doing so, I'd like him to unlock Maxwell's ability to use the Spirit Bomb during the timeskip after Arc 3.

Oh yes ask the pseudo-illegal character for a clearly illegal move.

Real good idea. I'm sure nobody else has anything against it.

Oh, my bad.

Allow me to put it in more... uh... sensitive? terms.

Spirit Bomb is an edge that would ruin the fun. It would tip the scales way too much. If your character gets the nuke-everything, how can anybody else hope to fight at all? Without resorting to equally ridiculous weaponry. BUT WAIT! That would mean both sides would have to be using ridiculous firepower. Where's the fun in having two nukes pointed at one another?

I cannot stress this enough. Spirit Bomb. Cannot. Happen.

Oh, my bad.

Allow me to put it in more... uh... sensitive? terms.

Spirit Bomb is an edge that would ruin the fun. It would tip the scales way too much. If your character gets the nuke-everything, how can anybody else hope to fight at all? Without resorting to equally ridiculous weaponry. BUT WAIT! That would mean both sides would have to be using ridiculous firepower. Where's the fun in having two nukes pointed at one another?

I cannot stress this enough. Spirit Bomb. Cannot. Happen.

"How many nukes does it take to end the world?  Only one."

@Mugendragon: Saving it for the boss of Arc 4 is acceptable, like how just about everyone else achieved inexplicable powerups during the battle against LERNA. And besides, Spirit Bomb is actually an impractical move, considering that it requires Maxwell to stay still and gather up energy for a long time, along with the fact that it requires people to trust him. If you've watched the Goku vs Frieza battle, you can see how this can be a problem.

Is Merc being kept busy by something, or is he just not posting? I'm waiting for a response from Isamy.

A combination of laziness and life. Besides, my next post will advance the plot, so I can't just reply so simply.

After a bit of consideration, it may be better if I made that post at the top of the next page. Alright, I'll make a post now, but it's not going to have Ophelia in it just yet. Then it'll take five more posts until the plot advances.

@Mugendragon: Saving it for the boss of Arc 4 is acceptable, like how just about everyone else achieved inexplicable powerups during the battle against LERNA. And besides, Spirit Bomb is actually an impractical move, considering that it requires Maxwell to stay still and gather up energy for a long time, along with the fact that it requires people to trust him. If you've watched the Goku vs Frieza battle, you can see how this can be a problem.

Firing a nuke also took a lot of preparation and trust, you know. People needed to turn keys at the exact same time and anyone not compelling to this resulted in a failure to launch. It was still deemed a war crime to use them.

Then again, whatever I guess.

And I'm wondering if an Outer God has the ability to grant someone an ability of their own universe that the God himself doesn't use. If Shadronus is capable of doing so, I'd like him to unlock Maxwell's ability to use the Spirit Bomb during the timeskip after Arc 3.

I actually had thought that during Arc 4, Shadronus could be a little more involved. He obviously wouldn't do anything himself, and mostly be in the background, but I was toying with the idea that he could help by giving items or whatever that makes specific characters stronger, or expands on a specific character's abilities.

Again, this is just something that I had been toying around with, idea-wise. There's no guarantee that it's going to happen, but if it does, then it's going to be pretty much just him handing out power ups.

And doesn't the Spirit Bomb take 5 minutes to charge? How do you expect to be able to even use something like that?

Uhh Merc, may I ask something? Ophelia did know everything about what happened to he summons, right? Also, is there anyone who's able to create any kind of connection to another universe aside from the big figures? Just curious, really.

Shadronus can, but he's far too busy staying in his domain. As he is now, he's not going to do something unless it benefits him in a way that he can't achieve on his own.

Given that he doesn't currently have a vested interest in the struggle, he's not liable to do more than talk with people via image projection.

Actually, his current attitude is that if he's erased from existence, it would be a relief. He's lived far too long and learned far too much to find adequate ways of keeping himself from feeling bored.

Uhh Merc, may I ask something? Ophelia did know everything about what happened to he summons, right? Also, is there anyone who's able to create any kind of connection to another universe aside from the big figures? Just curious, really.

Possibly, but it depends on what you mean by connection. The standard ways people use to travel through dimensions, be they through abilities or complex machines, aren't really usable anymore due to all the distortions. You could say that all the gateways have caved in.

[spoiler=Here's a breakup on the methods of traveling across universes.]

The only way to bypass this is by unconventional interdimensional travel.

What Arthuria does is travel through the fabric of the multiverse itself, like traveling across a road from within its materials.

Isamy uses conceptual travel, meaning she employs the concept of 'teleporting from A to B' and bypasses spacetime itself. Think of it like this; if teleportation is like walking across a road, then instead of walking, she just disappears and ends up at the other end. Sayer does it similarly, but not quite on the same level since it requires both sides to have R.O.Ds, while Isamy doesn't need to worry about that at all.

Ophelia does it by keeping a log of Isamy's outings and using complex calculations to reveal the range of distortions and thereby determine a safe path through them. Imagine all the debris on the broken road to be explosive; this is like dodging past them to get to the other side.

The way LERNA did it was by using her barrier as a universe in and of itself, and then 'moving' her universe between other universes. Imagine it like using an enormous truck with absolutely gigantic tires to get across the road, riding over all hindrances safely.

There are also some other ways. Not sure if GLaDOS has used this in-story yet, but one of his ships travel by tearing through spacetime in order to make a path. Think of it like, instead of trying to make your way through that broken road, you run a bulldozer through it. Overkill, and would probably bring more bad than good, but it works.

Actually, his current attitude is that if he's erased from existence, it would be a relief. He's lived far too long and learned far too much to find adequate ways of keeping himself from feeling bored.

Then I guess he might just want to use the Door of Origin for himself?

The way the Door works is like this; when a character enters it, they gain the power of writing the narrative without any rules to stop them. In other words, they replace their own controller (us) and take control over everything, absolutely everything, and that person can simply write "Shadronus was then suddenly erased from existence" and it would happen. No matter how great Shadronus is, in the end, he's nothing more than the creation of a bored human with the username of Satsui no Hadou, right?

That's how powerful it is. It's not some petty reality-warping thing, given funny explanations and stuff like that. This is the real deal. "Door of Origin" isn't even its proper name, but to reveal its true name would be to reveal its true nature.

Darcy's also managed it a couple of times with the creature summons during the shadow realm arc, but that's extremely limited, capable only of bringing them here from a place she's well aware of to open a portal from, and I'm not even sure if it will still work outside of the shadow realm, seeing as what she was summoning essentially came from her own universe's version of a shadow realm, making the connection easier. I suppose if the Remnants of the Shadow Realm helped it may be possible, but considering the amount of power it took her to do it originally inside a realm closely connected to their origin, she's unlikely to try it again. In terms of the methods, Darcy's method is probably similar to Sayers, except she's using herself as the beacon on the side she's summoning them to, and using her own magic's conceptual connection to the realm in the place of the R.O.D on the other side, which is why it also uses up much more power for her than Sayer, she's using her own magic as the beacon rather than a pair of connected objects like the R.O.Ds. Chandra could be said to do a similar thing as well, depending on if her creature summoning abilities are classed as her magic actually forming the creature or just dragging it into wherever she currently is from the Magic: The Gathering Multiverse. It's more likely that it's just her magic making the creatures though, considering most, if not all of her summons are made from and connected to Red Mana in some way.

A bored outer god created by a bored human. That's hilariously accurate.

I plan on giving him some character development that has him start actually giving a damn about things, though, so that he can reach the point where he'll make the decision he would never have considered in the past.

Actually, I've already started that bit by first giving him regret over how he had treated Blaze, and now I plan to further his development through his conversation with Isamy.

By the way, what's happening with the group that Arthuria is in? Are they being attacked by enemies? If so, which ones?

Possibly, but it depends on what you mean by connection. The standard ways people use to travel through dimensions, be they through abilities or complex machines, aren't really usable anymore due to all the distortions. You could say that all the gateways have caved in.

[spoiler=Here's a breakup on the methods of traveling across universes.]

The only way to bypass this is by unconventional interdimensional travel.

What Arthuria does is travel through the fabric of the multiverse itself, like traveling across a road from within its materials.

Isamy uses conceptual travel, meaning she employs the concept of 'teleporting from A to B' and bypasses spacetime itself. Think of it like this; if teleportation is like walking across a road, then instead of walking, she just disappears and ends up at the other end. Sayer does it similarly, but not quite on the same level since it requires both sides to have R.O.Ds, while Isamy doesn't need to worry about that at all.

Ophelia does it by keeping a log of Isamy's outings and using complex calculations to reveal the range of distortions and thereby determine a safe path through them. Imagine all the debris on the broken road to be explosive; this is like dodging past them to get to the other side.

The way LERNA did it was by using her barrier as a universe in and of itself, and then 'moving' her universe between other universes. Imagine it like using an enormous truck with absolutely gigantic tires to get across the road, riding over all hindrances safely.

There are also some other ways. Not sure if GLaDOS has used this in-story yet, but one of his ships travel by tearing through spacetime in order to make a path. Think of it like, instead of trying to make your way through that broken road, you run a bulldozer through it. Overkill, and would probably bring more bad than good, but it works.

Science.

Anyway, I'm making a post even though Admiral hasn't replied to the Sephiroth battle yet.

While you're at it, maybe you could post with Nero? That way, I can respond to everyone at D1 Night.

By the way, what's happening with the group that Arthuria is in? Are they being attacked by enemies? If so, which ones?

Sarah made a deal with Jecht, who is about to fight Arthuria, who told Cerebrum to either go away or die.

While you're at it, maybe you could post with Nero? That way, I can respond to everyone at D1 Night.

Sarah made a deal with Jecht, who is about to fight Arthuria, who told Cerebrum to either go away or die.

The only person I'm posting with is Nero, actually. Sykes is Elsewhere and Sephiroth is locked. Can't really make an Under the Forest of the Periphery post either yet. Also, Roxas, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Well, since I can post with my CC characters now, I could post with my NPCs, so maybe Sliske could help you make a post for the coliseum.

I had actually forgotten that Simdoggy made an Ayame post, but I think I'd rather wait for you either way.

EDIT: The Beholder and the Amphibian are weaker prey that are easily killed, the only real trouble is The Guardian of the Desert.

Are you allowed to have more than four characters if one of them is from a previous arc? I kind of need to know, since I am going to have past, present, and future iterations of Shadronus involved in events of Arc 4. His Present self won't be directly involved, mainly just doing stuff in the background to prepare for the final conflict, and probably handing out power ups to characters who would stand in need of them. His past self will be a heavily modified version of when he had the Demon Arm, and his future iteration will be Torma Ximnus, essentially Shadronus after he decided to forsake outer god-hood to enter the battle directly.

Are you allowed to have more than four characters if one of them is from a previous arc? I kind of need to know, since I am going to have past, present, and future iterations of Shadronus involved in events of Arc 4. His Present self won't be directly involved, mainly just doing stuff in the background to prepare for the final conflict, and probably handing out power ups to characters who would stand in need of them. His past self will be a heavily modified version of when he had the Demon Arm, and his future iteration will be Torma Ximnus, essentially Shadronus after he decided to forsake outer god-hood to enter the battle directly.

You can't exceed the limit, but I think they would merely be considered a summoning/NPC, but it really depends on what Merciful says I suppose.

Archived