The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

Thanks a lot, Roxas, though I do have to admit that locking the thread was a bit of an extreme step there ^_^; in any case, now that I'm here, don't suppose you could unlock it again so I can post on the next page~?

Just wanted to be careful. Anyway, it's unlocked.

EDIT:

Ah, Roxas, it seems like you're completely ignoring my post when you posted with Sliske. Ayame had already redirected the lightning away from Ed, and was attacking the Kua-toa herself. 

Whoops. Yeah, I did. Fixed it.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The awkward moment when you're preparing a large explanation post and then you suddenly lose everything. But if there's anything to be glad about, it's that this didn't happen before I could post in the IC thread.

The general mentality is that since the important post is the first in the page, one could associate "page x" with "y happening".

But after 5 pages went by, who the funk remembers?

Well, every now and then, someone might want to go back. I've memorized Page 13 as the one in which the Shadow Realm is destroyed and Arc 2 starts, and Page 35 as the one in which LERNA is finally defeated and Arc 3 starts. But apart from Arc endings, I don't really mind about who gets the top post of the next page. Besides, I was sort of expecting you to post anyway. So it's perfectly fine.

Half an hour before game over eh? I wonder if weather control has a way to have its effect magnified, to buy more time. Ah, this'll be really interesting. Also, will the whole stuff explode if someone foolishly started a forest fire?

Well, considering that the whole forest is attacking, and they're all pretty fire-resistant, it's possible but it wouldn't be so easy. But as for the ground...well, that's another matter. If the ground starts burning, it'll spread out pretty fast, and screw up your chances even faster.

[spoiler=The Inner Peripheries, Map & Info]
i3wivs.jpg

Here's a rundown; first off, there are five shells and they're about two kilometers deep. Arthuria made one opening from C4 Night that also managed to penetrate through the first shell, so there's an opening through I-B1. If one were to fire from C4 Day, they would hit I-B3. Due to Ophelia messing up the planetoid, there won't be any magma or anything on the way down, only flammable gases, earth, and iron ores on your way down. The only real trouble is attacking through such a long distance with so much earth in the way, but if you were to find one of those secret tunnels that lead into the colosseum, you'd be about fifty meters closer.

As for the shells themselves, they are very dense and spherical in nature, but they have a disc-like hollow area stemming from the center, making it nearly impossible to penetrate if not from the equator (all Sector 4s of the Sphere Forest) . Ophelia needed it in order to construct the defense as quickly as she did, and she simply overlooked the gaps. Each shell is stronger than the last, using a more powerful metal alloy the deeper you go in. Arthuria was able to get through one with a weakened superlaser, but it might take more than that to get through the next one.

You can choose to go down there if you want, entering through the gaps shown in the map, but it'll be really hot, with higher gravity the deeper you go, be very dark, and you run the risk of getting hit by someone else's laser. The positions are there more to pinpoint where the damage is rather than determine the positions of actual people.

The safest thing to do would be to wait for someone stronger to come up and do the work themselves, and then once all shells have been penetrated through, jump down and enter the Core World reality marble (whatever that is) without consequence.

It's not going to be easy, but I'm sure you guys can do it! ;)

Oh, and just to summarize everything else: The Day Side of the Sphere Forest will explode in thirty minutes, while it'll take a few more for the atmosphere to thin out and suffocate everyone on the Night Side. The forest is also out to kill you, the sun is gradually getting hotter as the Sphere Forest is about 45 minutes from getting burned up, and for those of you who haven't beaten the opponents Ophelia chose you, tough luck.

If there's anything I've learned from this, it's that spheres made this arc unnecessarily complicated. I should've stuck with a foresty space station. I HATE YOU, SPHERES! >:[

So now that I've learned from my mistakes, I'll make sure to have Arc 4's map be flat again.

Flat is good right? Jokes aside, iirc Tenshi made a big hole somewhere in the day sector though with unspecified depth, so I wonder if that can be used as an alternate waypoint (or make it easier for someone else to make a waypoint). But still, the sphere made it difficult for me to visualize your explanation on the map. Ah well, still a lot of time to think about something.

Flat is good right? Jokes aside, iirc Tenshi made a big hole somewhere in the day sector though with unspecified depth, so I wonder if that can be used as an alternate waypoint (or make it easier for someone else to make a waypoint). But still, the sphere made it difficult for me to visualize your explanation on the map. Ah well, still a lot of time to think about something.

Depends where. The shells are situated around the core of the Sphere, so if you're confused, get a ball and write 'C4-D' on one side and 'C4-N' on the other. Afterwards, it should be pretty easy to imagine the shells as a flat disc that goes from that point to the other.

The part I was confused with is the random laser hitting you part. Don't that need something like a direct tunnel from C4N to C4D for example, or do you mean about the smaller size of the spheres the deeper you go made it easier to get hit by a stray attack inside?

Mainly the direct tunnel part, but as for the second one, that works too. If the laser isn't strong enough, it's just going to reflect off the metal surface of a shell and bounce in another direction. Now, considering that each shell is about fifty to a hundred meters apart and leaves a lot of room in between, this is normally safe, but it can still happen.

The part I was confused with is the random laser hitting you part. Don't that need something like a direct tunnel from C4N to C4D for example, or do you mean about the smaller size of the spheres the deeper you go made it easier to get hit by a stray attack inside?

Mainly the direct tunnel part, but as for the second one, that works too. If the laser isn't strong enough, it's just going to reflect off the metal surface of a shell and bounce in another direction. Now, considering that each shell is about fifty to a hundred meters apart and leaves a lot of room in between, this is normally safe, but it can still happen.

@Decibel: Earth, yes, since that's exactly what Isamy did. The Inner Peripheries not so much, as the metals are proofed against phasing.

@Junko: Sure, but I mean, we're talking about two kilometers here. That's a long way to dig. And as for Ophelia's summons, yes, she's already given everyone their opponent.

@Mugendramon: Did not know this, but as long as the Earthbound Immortal is burning on a low enough scale (it should be slightly larger than the trees around it, if we go by the anime-depicted size), the fires would be trampled by roots and thus wouldn't spread. But since exposure to sunlight is on a much wider scale, once the Sphere is close enough to the sun, it will be such that no amount of trampling would be able to put out the spreading flames.

Edit: @Beginning: It's not so flammable that it means that a tiny, insignificant five-meter explosion would instantly set off a super-mega chain reaction, but flammable enough in that when the sunlight becomes intense enough, you won't be able to do anything to stop it.

Edit: @Beginning: It's not so flammable that it means that a tiny, insignificant five-meter explosion would instantly set off a super-mega chain reaction, but flammable enough in that when the sunlight becomes intense enough, you won't be able to do anything to stop it.

What if Dorian used his corona which is the fire from the sun's surface? It might not be larger than the trees but the heat would surely be intense enough correct?

Archived