[TCG] September 2013 Banlist

We can rule out Blizzard because who the hell wants Vayu in the hand?  Lol. 

Who Normal Summons Gale or Kalut these days?

So, really, the only BWs that make full use of Whirlwind are Shura, Bora, Zephyros (who you only run 1 of), Sirocco, and Elphin (if you run those last two, lol).

Gale is Normal'd pretty often. Sirocco should be run idk what people are thinking when they say he shouldn't be run. How can you genuinely be trying to justify that BWW isn't ridiculously broken?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gale is Normal'd pretty often. Sirocco should be run idk what people are thinking when they say he shouldn't be run. How can you genuinely be trying to justify that BWW isn't ridiculously broken?

Because #soraisbad

Just kidding, but you cannot be considered to be good when you try to justify a card like Black Whirlwind or Wind-Up factory to be not something other than broken.

[quote name="Zanda Panda" post="6262018" timestamp="1377287061"]Because #soraisbad   Just kidding, but you cannot be considered to be good when you try to justify a card like Black Whirlwind or Wind-Up factory to be not something other than broken.[/quote] I never said anything about factory. And I didn't say that Whirlwind wasn't broken, just not that it's not the rage quit end all borked card that Big made it out to be.

why should whirlwind be banned? to kill the deck even more, at 2 in the ocg after testing it wasnt that op. Like every deck has a recruiter almost so why should blackwings one be banned?

and no dont suggest that if you ban it to bring back gale because that wont help blackwings.

Malicious at 3 is fine with stratos gone, stratos was the problem for it being at 2 aswell.

I don't give a shit about whether Blackwings are good or not. Black Whirlwind is poorly designed. Gale @2 or even 3 is actually fairly okay. Halving ATK isn't THAT problematic. They should be switched because that makes the most sense balance-wise, not so that it can help blackwings. That's terrible banlist logic.

And the problem with Malicious was not Stratos. The searchability was just a plus. The immediate +2 was and is the problem with malicious. 

so does windup factory

Absolutely flawless argument.

BWW and Factory both shouldn't be around.

I like this guy.

I never said anything about factory. And I didn't say that Whirlwind wasn't broken, just not that it's not the rage quit end all borked card that Big made it out to be.

It's not Gateway of the fucking Six. So what? I doubt you see the difference when multiples get on the field.

i dont see why whirlwind shouldnt be at 2/3 if the deck wont do good

just because the deck hasn't done anything for a while, does not mean it can't do anything anymore. when people start focusing on a deck they like, a lot of unexpected combos comme into play. blackwings are also one of the decks that still has a powerful generic destruction card (Icarus attack). add in black whirlwind, and the sheer amount of blackwings that can special themselves, and you have a pretty good deck.

2 is a problem because dropping multiples of this card is extremely unfair.

while I agree with you on that, I also don't see the card as too much of a problem, because unlike gateway, you only can use it's effect on normal summons. the card is still pretty degenerate, but with all the new decks coming out, blackwings have lost Some of the force they used to have. whirlwind deserves a spot off the list for at least one season to see if blackwings are as much of a threat as they used to be, and while I don't think whirlwind should exist(I lost quite a few games when whirlwind was at 3 due to siccoro bora, and kalut, all thanks to the whirlwind setup) I do think it should be taken off the leash for now to see if it's as brutal as it once was.

Gateway is good for Six sams so should be bring it back to keep it alive?

Six sams don't need gateway to live, they need it to OTK. BWW is bad, but not gateway bad, after facing a few decks though, I can now say that BWW is a problem at 3. the card needs to be at 2 at most. At 2, it gives them a slight edge, but not enough to go stupid, they can afford to lose one, but they wont have that 3rd one to make reckless plays with off of if they waste their cards.

Gateway is good for Six sams so should be bring it back to keep it alive?

gateway can be used multiples times in a turn and it works on special summons

gateway is just an otk spam card if you draw it with like your 2 six sam combo plus something like kizan which is unfair

whirlwind gives you a search once a turn if you draw what you can summon

obv whirlwind is powerful but not too powerful to be at 0/1

like kalut needs a hit more than it imo, and most of the other honest type cards that are powerful

Lightsworn deck should be nerfed.

3x Judgement
3x Lumina
1x BLS
1x Sorcerer
3x Solar Charge

That's freaking too much.

Please tell me you're kidding

Granted, Judgment Dragon is a stupid card that shouldn't exist, but Lightsworn as a deck themselves needing a nerf is silly.

Archived