[TCG] September 2013 Banlist

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um... They might not have been topping things very often, but they were certainly used.

Offering is a horribly designed card anyway, it exists to OTK really.

But if you screw up or the OTK fails, your opponent can do the same thing. It works two ways.

And I really only ran it in my deck based around March Of The Monarchs and my Heroics, where I made a 5500 rank 4 with trap negating abilities >_>

And that required a LOT of luck, having all 3 Extra Swords in hand.

But if you screw up or the OTK fails, your opponent can do the same thing. It works two ways.

And I really only ran it in my deck based around March Of The Monarchs and my Heroics, where I made a 5500 rank 4 with trap negating abilities >_>

Uh, no it doesn't.

If you screw up, you didn't deserve a win in the first place, and shouldn't have misplayed that badly.

If your OTK fails, why didn't you have a contingency plan? I mean, this argument could be used for any OTK, saying OTKs are fine by this logic is just ignorant.

It's a horribly designed card that jut says "please OTK with me", and it adds nothing to the game that;s good.

No one cares about your bad rogue decks, Ultimate Offering had much worse implications in other decks, and thi banlist aimed itself at getting rid of OTK Machines/Winmoar cards.

If you have a problem with the game being improved because it hurts your deck, you should check yourself.

You honestly can't defend a broken card that literally screams OTK with "it won't work if you screw up".

If you screw up, then you're a terrible player and you deserve to lose.

Or you got a bad hand, did a misplay, and faced someone who wouldn't let you take your move back.

And on another subject, a version of Reborn that doesn't touch your opponent's grave could be less broken, right?

Call doesn't count because it stays on the field.

Even if you open with a shit hand, being able to adapt to any circumstance is the trademark of being a good player. You can't just say "oh, I can't OTK with this hand, it doesn't work, this card isn't as broken as you guys make it out to be". Then find ways to make it work. And if you misplay, just learn from that misplay and get better. But saying that a card isn't broken because you misplayed, had bad hands, or whatnot, is not a credible source to defend why a card is broken.

You have to just love the sentimentality that "if it doesn't top, it's not worth it" that this forum is famous for.

Since this is pretty vague. I really hope you weren't talking to me, since that's not even the point I was making. :/

I said they weren't topping and that it still deserved the hit.

You should be able to adapt if the OTK fails, if you can't, you shouldn't have pushed unless you truly thought they couldn't stop you.

Btw, this thread arises a question on me:

I see that other games have their own banlists, and even the ones that have rotation have some need of it once in a while.

How complex do other games get in that regard? Like, do limited/semi-limited cards exist in other games or is it just a Yugioh thing that cards are not all or nothing?

And I don't mean to include card that limit themeselves in their text to "one per deck" and such, but ones that legitimately need a banlist placement after creation.

Btw, this thread arises a question on me:

I see that other games have their own banlists, and even the ones that have rotation have some need of it once in a while.

How complex do other games get in that regard? Like, do limited/semi-limited cards exist in other games or is it just a Yugioh thing that cards are not all or nothing?

And I don't mean to include card that limit themeselves in their text to "one per deck" and such, but ones that legitimately need a banlist placement after creation.

I can only talk about MTG but their ban system is to greatly avoid banning things. In standard, the primary format, it almost never gets bans. The older format where more powerful cards can combine and interact has more bannings. That list has a small change every now and then. There it is either you can play 0 or 4, no or limits. FYI I find Semi and Limited to be very stupid.

In Redemption CCG (the other card game I play... It's a Christian one) they never ban cards. How it goes there is that your only allowed 1 copy of most effect cards per 50 cards in your deck (min is 50, max is 150 so...) What the creators of the game do is when they make a set and the theme is topping, the next set will have cards made to counter the top deck's main strategy. There is a deck though that keeps on getting support and the counter strategies just keep on falling apart in the game, but the deck may finally be close to dying.... (Yay!)

Archived