Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

Koko's idea has some potential. The Fated Day could be the emergence of a new Messiah, bringing with it an archetype of angels. If we were to do this idea, would the clans be warring and militaristic or at peace? Making them militaristic would lend us more options and more room for coolness. Or... What if the Fated is the division of the elements?

[quote name="Therrion" post="6282967" timestamp="1381018847"]]Are we making a MTG Set approach where there is a set, then another set, then a wrap up set? Or just a single set with what story we develop?[/quote] We should do a MTG style approach, where we refresh the story every now and then. We don't necessarily need a wrap-up set.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should do a MTG style approach, where we refresh the story every now and then. We don't necessarily need a wrap-up set.

A wrap-up set seems like it'd be the best way to end a saga with some super cool and hype bosses to get people excited for the new start.

Well, really, with the World Birth idea, we could have a creator race or primordial race or something. Division of elements is more of the world creation thing, I don't see how a Fated Day would really split the elements and the bond between elemental tribes or something.

I actually don't mind either though.

A wrap-up set later on sounds good to me as well.

Are we doing Clans or Planes? Plane is strict 1 Attribute as I see it, where as Clans are obviously two (unless each Plane IS consisting of two attributes each). If we exclude DARK entirely and only make clans with WIND, FIRE, WATER, and EARTH it'd make for 6 clans, which is a nice somewhat low number.

So 2 sets?

Set 1

-LIGHT Archetype, being this world's creators and divine beings.

-FIRE/WATER, FIRE/WIND, FIRE/EARTH, WATER/WIND, WATER/EARTH, and WIND/EARTH clans, each having an archetype.

-Flavor cards/Normal Monsters focusing on submission and content with the divine.

-Focused more on utility/combos.

-Boss of each Clan.

Set 2

-Cards focusing/addressing the absence of the LIGHT archetype

-Cards showing the Planes are now in conflict, for example Battle of the Elements.

-More aggressive cards overall.

-A different form of each Clan's leader, similar to Assault Mode Activate.

So, we're making something like DT? I like it, first set we can focus on worldbuilding, second set on the conflict, and so on.

Hm, following this idea.

First set: World-building/world creation. Life begins.

Second set: Revealing of the flaws and evil of this world as the creator race leaves. Conflicts occur.

Third Set: Creator race decides that they would start it anew, but the created disagree and fight back. In the end, they surprise the creator with their resilience and, moved by their cooperation and ability to settle differences, the creator race changes their mind and the world survived. END OF FIRST SAGA.

So is everyone okay with the world creation idea then? Everyone in the club has already seen the poll and voted or decided not to vote, thus stating indifference. Speak up now.

Clans may be a little much, we'd have too many clans.

Aix, that sounds exactly like the Vylon-Gusto-Gishki-Laval-Gem Knight world, excluding DARK and instead of getting their asses wooped, they are moved.

I don't really like the idea of the Divine being moved. I always view them as snobby in a sense no matter what they see. They are the creators, why wouldn't they have serious cases of elitism and not be able to see eye to eye with "mere creations".

I'm perfectly fine with World Creation and Clans, however. Of course the story will be a work in progress.

Though, my set outline kind of demands a 3rd, as you can't leave it with "conflict is occuring".

I'll say my piece, then, based on the poll above:

Booster Packs have never had a story. Structure Decks had some degree of story, but there has never been one in a Booster Pack. All these packs have ever done is keep you up to date with the new cards of the game, themed after what it, in Konami's eyes at the least, the best card in the pack.

I think we're over-thinking it, but I've only just joined so w/e.

I'll say my piece, then, based on the poll above:

Booster Packs have never had a story. Structure Decks had some degree of story, but there has never been one in a Booster Pack. All these packs have ever done is keep you up to date with the new cards of the game, themed after what it, in Konami's eyes at the least, the best card in the pack.

I think we're over-thinking it, but I've only just joined so w/e.

This is incorrect. Archetypes have recently had a story and the Duel Terminal was based purely off of the storyline.

Aix, that sounds exactly like the Vylon-Gusto-Gishki-Laval-Gem Knight world, excluding DARK and instead of getting their asses wooped, they are moved.

I don't really like the idea of the Divine being moved. I always view them as snobby in a sense no matter what they see. They are the creators, why wouldn't they have serious cases of elitism and not be able to see eye to eye with "mere creations".

I'm perfectly fine with World Creation and Clans, however. Of course the story will be a work in progress.

Though, my set outline kind of demands a 3rd, as you can't leave it with "conflict is occuring".

Sure, kicking God's butt works, too. What I meant to have happen is that the conflict is resolved as the creator race moves in, they have to get their act together or get wiped out.

Username: Arin the NSFW

What you want to do here: See how far I can actually stretch my boundaries when it comes to cardmaking, and figure out what is truly balanced and what is broken and terrible card design, etc., and what is underpowered and worthless, etc.

What you want to see happen: A Harem fashioned in my own name No More Naruto cards in RC.

Apparently Atlantean conquered Mermails, and plan to take on Fire Kings. Endymion waged war against the spellbook institute, that prompted Fool to access Spellbook of Master and transforms into Reaper. Elemental dragons are the guardians of the world, keeping the balance(lol). They're slowly making the main booster to tell a story, even if it's kinda all over the place now.

Okay, I have an idea.

The Gods come, create the world, and in it, the created beings separate into 6 clans, seeing how beings tend to be with beings like them. Set 1, they are in peace, obedient.

The Gods become absent. Enraged, the clans war, blaming each other or simply feuding due to tensions that were set aside under the Gods. Set 1, conflict and emptiness are apparent.

The Gods return, corrupt. A LIGHT/DARK Archetype of these Divine beings is solidified. Their absence wasn't their choosing, they became taint with their power and seeing the wars of these clans made them bloodthirsty, hence their return. Upon this, there becomes 3 sides, the Tainted Gods, and 2 different allied forces of different clans. Set 3, the final battle, left unconcluded for imaginations to run rampant.

Okay, change the name from Booster Set to Duel Terminal World creation, then, to clarify.

Okay, I have an idea.

The Gods come, create the world, and in it, the created beings separate into 6 clans, seeing how beings tend to be with beings like them. Set 1, they are in peace, obedient.

The Gods become absent. Enraged, the clans war, blaming each other or simply feuding due to tensions that were set aside under the Gods. Set 1, conflict and emptiness are apparent.

The Gods return, corrupt. A LIGHT/DARK Archetype of these Divine beings is solidified. Their absence wasn't their choosing, they became taint with their power and seeing the wars of these clans made them bloodthirsty, hence their return. Upon this, there becomes 3 sides, the Tainted Gods, and 2 different allied forces of different clans. Set 3, the final battle, left unconcluded for imaginations to run rampant.

Okay, change the name from Booster Set to Duel Terminal World creation, then, to clarify.

How do the gods become corrupted?

It's not actually the matter of the TCG boosters having them or not, since we shouldn't restrict ourself to Konami's system. Making lores and such gives more depth to the cards, making them more than a name, effect, and image.

It seems you're talking more so about cards and archetypes, where flavour should exist, rather than the commercial packaging, where it needn't exist.

Please note: I'm not saying we shouldn't do this. I'm merely expressing my opinion.

How do the gods become corrupted?

Power corrupts.

-They create a world that is to be peaceful.

-They leave the world (become less apparent) to watch over it, chaos ensues.

-They blame the inhabitants for shattering their ideal image of the world, wishing to destroy them. And as Kyng said, power corrupts.

These corrupt thoughts taint them. Since they were good, loving Divine Creatures in the beginning, they were LIGHT. Now that they wish to destroy, they are DARK. It is also suggested that watching the world in its current state began to ware on them, changing their ideals slowly until their "breaking point".

-They create a world that is to be peaceful.

-They leave the world, chaos ensues.

-They blame the inhabitants for shattering their ideal image of the world, wishing to destroy them.

These corrupt thoughts taint them. Since they were good, loving Divine Creatures in the beginning, they were LIGHT. Now that they wish to destroy, they are DARK. It is also suggested that watching the world in its current state began to ware on them, changing their ideals slowly until their "breaking point".

Alright, that sounds good to me.

I think we should exclude LIGHT/DARKNESS from the elemental clans.

Archived