Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already said that there should be 6 Clans, consisting of WIND/FIRE/WATER/EARTH.

The LIGHT is simply the Gods, and the continuation of their archetype is found later in Set 3 in the form of DARK monsters. We obviously need to find a balanced way to approach handing a player Chaos Attributes, but it makes sense story wise.

Everyone's thought on:

Divine Beings created a world with good intentions. They wished for a peaceful world to watch over, full of obedience and good will. Upon returning to the heavens, however, the world broke down into chaos. 6 Clans, once peaceful groups dedicated to worship, began to war in the absence of their Gods. They lost faith. Upon seeing this, the Gods were enraged. How dare mere creations upset their ideals? They became corrupt, in both their power and elitism, and descend once again to punish their creations, who in turn form alliances and fight the Tainted Gods they once worshiped.

Ain, we tipped towards clans, the clans being

WATER/FIRE, WATER/WIND, WATER/EARTH, FIRE/WIND, FIRE/EARTH, WIND/EARTH. (every possible combination between WATER, FIRE, WIND and EARTH)

So, Six Clans, each being an archetype, and a LIGHT "Divine" archetype that later becomes DARK.

I have another idea. Something like:

EARTH was his corporal form that anchored him to this world

WATER was his unstopping movement that carried him from place to place

FIRE was his burning soul that never once gave in

WIND was his gentle breath that brought life and comfort to those around him

From the union of all the elements combined sprang Man, a mortal replica of the Gods.

Angered by the impudence of the mortals to replicate their sacred form, the Gods decided to destroy them

Hm?

Name: SunKistRebelution

What do you want to do here: Make awesome cards that trigger interest while maintaining balance, seek out and develop new mechanics, learn to make truly fair cards.

What do you want to see happen: All of you realize my greatness and bow at my feet.    Community developed and great stuff accomplished.

Okay, firstly, 'Tainted Gods' sounds like the best archetype name of all time. Just had to say it. I love the creation, separation, confrontation arc outline. I think it is both ambitious and admirable what this group is attempting to do. There, you have my vote.

User Name: Tech Genus Master (VIzor as well)

I think this sounds interesting. 

What I want to happen somewhere along the way:

I want to take the concept of all of them and merge them. Like, we have elementals that come from space in machine armors and build from there. Merging machines, use elements for combos, and crazy things like that. And we can relate it to a fated day approaching.  Like an archetype that tells a story. Although, this doesn't relate to the entire pack. I don't know, I'm just throwing my ideas out there. This poll got my mind racing...maybe a bit too much. I look forward to working with everyone regardless!

Username: kanokarob

What you want to do here: Help others with balancing and idea churning, and get feedback on the beginnings of an Archetype before I go all out on something that ends up being broken.

What you want to see happen: Unique and bar-setting cards developed by the club for all to enjoy. :)

I think the corruption sounds too much like lswarms, tbh. Maybe just different gods fighting eachother and growing in strength with more followers, but not changing atts.

Name: SunKistRebelution

What do you want to do here: Make awesome cards that trigger interest while maintaining balance, seek out and develop new mechanics, learn to make truly fair cards.

What do you want to see happen: All of you realize my greatness and bow at my feet.    Community developed and great stuff accomplished.

Okay, firstly, 'Tainted Gods' sounds like the best archetype name of all time. Just had to say it. I love the creation, separation, confrontation arc outline. I think it is both ambitious and admirable what this group is attempting to do. There, you have my vote.

Tainted Gods does sound like an awesome archetype name. Relate it to my idea! XD

Kano, you think there should be multiple sets of warring Gods?

I know it sounds like lswarm, but only because lswarm was based around a common thing that happens to powerful beings, corruption. Plus, it was a virus, not a mental shift.

Back to warring Gods. It'd be too straight forward, though. Gods of Aether, Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth, all in combat. They would use their followers as archetype filler and to combat the other God's armies, but again, it sounds really straight forward.

Also, Tech Genus, I do not side with your idea of combining all the poll ideas. Machine takeover, in itself, seems like an immature thought to me. Plus, being to broad would only punish us, we have to focus.

I like Therri's story arc idea.  Now we need to decide what the clans are actually going to be.

Just realized, wouldn't we have a very hard time finding card art for cross-attribute monsters?

The clans don't have to be based on the attributes.  Who says they do?  We could just make a bunch of cool archetypes with their own geographical lore about em, and that would be that.

For instance, an archetype based on sea creatures would take residence in the sea.

An archetype about, say, sky pirates would take place in the skies.

An archetype about Beasts would take place in the forest.

Cool concepts that don't necessarily correlate with any given attribute.

We need warlike, powerful-looking monsters for our clans.  I have an militaristic-looking archetype called Dragoarms that could be derived from a Dragon-Type archetype that we create now, i.e. "The once peaceful Haeldragons took to war to expand their power, crafting powerful instruments of battle, and taking on a new name: The Dragoarms."

So we just need a mechanical idea for a cool Dragon-Type archetype (if we were to do this concept).

"Tainted God" should be the name of the DARK archetype we create after the creators become evil.  What will actually be the creators anyways?

I can agree with Sora there. Multi-Attribute would be a pain in the ass, so we may as well just come up with clans based on the geographical as opposed to the combination of attributes.

Before we begin volunteering archetypes however, since I know most of us hold at least 1 under our belt that could just suddenly be thrown in here, we need to make lore and collaborate on archetypes. Since the clan will be used for 3 Sets, it isn't ideal for a project being done by 8+ people to have 1/7th of the archetypes done prior to the idea anyways.

The problem using the ultra cool name of "Tainted God" is the fact that the untainted Gods should probably be of the same archetype. Perhaps "Tainted God _____" should be used, blank being whatever other word we can put in, for instance, "Being" (despite it not sounding good, but for example's sake, roll with it). The archetype could then be "God Being", the good being "Divine God Being", the later, "Tainted God Being". Just a thought, unless we are to make them function like a whole different archetype, which would be fine as well.

You make some excellent points, Therrion. I am personally fine with 'God Being' or my new proposal 'God Over' being followed by whatever aspect of the realm they control.

In the same vein as Therrion's observation of the clans' necessitated longevity, might I also propose that we do my start out with any Extra Deck monsters? Those could be later adaptations and force us to literally start from the basic building blocks. I know I certainly have most of my archetypal bosses in the Extra Deck, but why start that way? This way we can work together to build from the foundation instead of shooting our own, already finished work into a jumbled mess. This is particularly appealing given that IMPROVEMENT is one of the most 'wanted to see' values of this particular exercise.

Interesting. Very interesting.

So, Set 1 they are all main deck operated. We have to make them function in this state, of course. This can help explain the fact they're at peace, not needing such tactics. When war ignites, they develop weaponry/tactics, the Synchro Summon. This also gives us an outline of what to do during Set 2, the addition of Synchro Summon capabilities. Then, Set 3, they must combat the Gods and thus must take their tactics and weapons even further, the development of The Xyz Summon.

Alternatively, half the tribes could go the Synchro Route as of Set 2, and half the Xyz Route. Then Set 3 would just be furthering those ideas. Since 6 archetypes with Synchro/Xyz capabilities would be repetitive.

If we chose to make the "Tainted God" and the "Divine God" (dubbed for now) two separate archetypes, the Divinity could be a dual Synchro/Xyz Archetype, where the Tainted are purely Main Deck. This could be symbolism for "How the mighty has fallen." Also, by not having those things, it shows that their power wanes, which would explain why their creations could defeat them (or at least lends itself to that).

Thoughts?

Please note all who are in discussion that most members are most likely sleeping, so it won't be until tomorrow any of these ideas are actually agreed to, and most ideas will probably be put to vote later by Aix.

Sorry, edited my post. But great point. The Clan Leaders would be in the Main Deck, while the Synchro/Xyz could be...

Gifts from the Divine/Tainted Gods? Perhaps upon seeing the bloodshed, they considered the possibility of entering the fray as of Set 2, so they gifted them power to simply make the encounter interesting. It would also go hand in hand with why the Divine have Synchro/Xyz, while the Tainted return without such powers, under the assumption of my last post.

It doesn't make sense for God Beings to sacrifice God Beings/Angels to Summon God Beings, honestly.

Plus, as Gishki showed us, you have to be loopy/abusable as a Ritual Archetype, and even then you aren't THAT good.

Archived