[spoiler=139 thoughts]

• Well, at least Crow and Sawatari made Zarc go into denial for a while about Entertainment. 
  • Admittedly, Sawatari was the only one who had removal on him; shame that it didn't do much [maybe you should've blown up the Scales, but even then, can't really do much]
  • Leo's entrance didn't do much, and just put another monster that Zarc can use as a meat shield. Supposedly Spirit Collapse was supposed to trigger the 4 cards that Ray used. 
  • Reiji appears again. 

[spoiler Neo New Sawatari]Tfw Sawatari is the only character that has Spell/Trap-based monster removal...

Then again, on a hypothetical note: if Shingo had Yosenju, is there anything Zarc has shown so far that'd be able to stop them?

[spoiler=Response]

Right now, no. 

Yosenju are mostly Main Deck, so Zarc can be targeted by Kama 1 (think this is the one that bounces stuff to the hand) if he can pull off the others (and that's assuming Zarc doesn't have summon negation as a hand trap). Only problem would be when he uses Shinchu R for Daibakaze, as Odd-Eyes would appear; that's about it, I think. 

===

In other words, anyone who doesn't have an ED/Pendulum-focused strategy can probably take on Zarc and not trigger his Servant Dragons from spam summoning themselves. 

===

Can't really check the Wikia b/c lagging as hell, but last time I checked (from this episode), shouldn't have anything. I might be wrong though, and Zarc can cock block even Main Deck attempts. 

nvm, Zarc blocks anything that prevents him from leaving the field. Thank god he got nerfed hard. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta be honest. On one hand, I really liked this episode. But part of it actually makes me slightly angry.

[spoiler=Episode Thoughts]

First off, Crow and Sawatari did EXTREMELY well in this episode. They made their plays competently and with purpose, and Sawatari actually came THIS close to destroying Zarc. Furthermore, they got under Zarc's skin by noting that his playstyle and effects are stupidly defensive and "unfun".

Which led to me realizing - a lot of people have complained that Zarc's effects are total BS in how they work, by essentially locking down and countering almost every possible strategy. And I agree, they are BS, but it doesn't really make me mad on itself, because I recognize that the whole Duel with Zarc is intended to be one enormous gauntlet match, where every player contributes something, whether it's uncovering weaknesses or just discovering information that a later player will be able to use and figure out a way to play around it.

The realization - Zarc's effects being this way is COMPLETELY DELIBERATE. This isn't a case of the writers just slapping BS effects on everything and claiming that to be proof that Zarc is a "powerful Duelist", whereas Z-One's BS effects in 5Ds was intended to show that he was essentially a god, and Don Thousand literally WAS a god, and his effects were about overwhelming the opponent with ludicrously high ATK (the Numerronius cards) or ludicrous amounts of burn damage (C1's effect), while also manipulating his opponent's plays (Numeron Network and the Counter Traps, C1000 and locking Chaos Number effects, plus killing and stealing all monsters after each Battle Phase).

Zarc embodies the opposite of Yuya. Yuya used defensive plays at times, but it usually advanced a way to turn the tables, because that's entertaining to see and play against. Zarc only desires to win. And win. And win. His card effects embody little more than a refusal to let anyone come close to turning the tables. And that's deliberate contrast to Yuya's character. Hell, that's deliberate contrast to ALL of the Yu-boys. Yuto used unorthodox effects, and Dark Rebellion essentially IS "Turn the tables and win". Yugo used a lot of gamble and chance cards because it was more exciting, and Clear Wing counters stuff in order to break through a losing situation. Even Yuri's effects focus on taking control of a situation that, on the surface, appears to be disadvantageous (Super Poly, Starve Venom, etc).

Zarc's card effects being just "Defend against goddamn everything and sit on 4000 ATK" is boring...and that's probably the point. Zarc wanted to be an entertainer and took his "oath" to become the strongest because that's what the audience wants...but he went too far, and his cards are just...boring. Kind of like when you lose a game because of something kind of stupid (like a lockdown) and your response is essentially a bland, passive-aggressive, "Wow...you won. Shocking." Zarc is pretty much your opponent. Losing to him isn't really fun, not because you lost, but because there was no real GAME taking place. You just lose to him, and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it.

NOW...here's my actual issue with this episode.

I admit I never really read that closely into what Zarc's anime effects are, probably because he has 30 million of them.

But seriously? He has an effect that reads "Cannot be destroyed while your opponent has monsters in their Graveyard?"

The reveal that he has that effect, is what makes me mad, because it's so stupid. I was able to shrug about Dance preventing Supreme King cards from dying. I was fine with Odd-Eyes having an effect that protects Pendulums. But to discover that Zarc itself has an effect that pretty much says "Can never be destroyed, and you're just discovering this RIGHT NOW" is what makes it dumb.

I legitimately feel that Sawatari should have succeeded in killing Zarc, and that by doing so, all hell breaks loose because Zarc had a Trap that takes advantage of this, or Zarc can just be Pendulum Summoned back the following turn, or Zarc being destroyed will do something involving the Pendulum Scales (like Odd-Eyes Rebellion), or at least a reveal that Zarc has an effect that requires him to Tribute a Supreme King card or something to prevent destruction.

Not something as stupidly tacked on as "You have monsters in your Graveyard, so funk you".

I found it a mix of hilarious and terrible that the Professor got owned so badly, especially since he and Zarc had an interesting interaction prior to this, and Reiji hopping into the Duel, and that Zarc totally saw the "4 cards" coming and countered it IMMEDIATELY.

[spoiler=Well...]

Zarc's actual effect is "While there are Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters banished and/or in any Graveyard(s), this card cannot be destroyed, also unaffected by card effects that would make it leave the field". The only monsters that appeared as his shield was his own Dimensional Dragons, and the ED monsters used by Edo, Sora, Shun, Kaito, Jack, Gongenzaka, and Crow. He draws strength from all summoning types bar Pendulum as a symbol that he rules over them all. Supreme King and whatnot. Basically, you gotta beat him by removing one of the ED Dimensional Dragons back to his ED, then winning without losing an ED monster. Or you can just negate his effect with BTS or Fiendish Chain.

[spoiler=But common removal apparently doesn't exist in the ARC-V universe]

Yeah, BTS, Fiendish and a lot of common techs to negate stuff is an option, as is flipping Zarc face-down by BoM, Quaking Mirror Force and the like (as he won't be face-up to apply his effects; heck, Quaking will keep him face-down without any option to come back). Although it also depends on Zarc not having convenient counters to those options that can exploit his weaknesses. 

(Need to check how many cards he has in hand right now)

Since said cards apparently are nonexistent in this universe, Reiji/whoever ends up fighting Zarc next will end up doing a bunch of anime maneuvers just to accomplish the same thing. You can certainly negate Zarc for a while, and then handle him however you need to after his effects are neutered; that's probably the easiest option, but they want to make it dramatic. 

Well, at least he was the only one who came close [if not for the fact Zarc is already busted on his own]. But yeah, simple removal cards we have on our end would be enough to deal with Zarc, and not have to drag in multiple duelists and reveal a bunch of cards that we aren't getting for a couple years just to do the same thing. 

(Hey Sawatari, if you had set Breakthrough Skill, maybe you could've done something.)

That screenshot of Sawatari with Breakthrough Skill is from WAY early in the series, during his and Yuya's first Duel. Sawatari evidently had that card in hand, but didn't Set it, likely due to being so absolutely convinced he was about to win that it simply didn't occur to him (which was pretty much in-character. Sawatari in the earliest episodes was an unlikeable, egotistical prick who valued a card's rarity over its practical applications). The following turn, Yuya used a bunch of Monster Effects to turn the tables and win. Had Sawatari Set Breakthrough, he would most likely have countered Yuya's play and won.

[spoiler=Er... Episode 141 preview..(?)]

e1a38b67-s.jpg

Episode 141: ジュニアユース選手権 - Juniayūsu Senshuken
(The Junior Youth Championship)

Yuya and co. returned to a peaceful world!
As Yuya spends his peaceful days, he receives a notice about the Junior Youth Championship. When Yuya arrives to the stadium, Reiji tells him the details about the championship.

This week's Reiji: What is the purpose of the championship?
Reiji invited Yuya, Gongenzaka, and Sawatari to the Junior Youth Championship, where fierce battles will unfold. Just what on earth is Reiji's true motive...!?

[spoiler=Preview(?) Thoughts]

I actually think what ISN'T being said is more telling.

The entire Miami Championship had been called off due to Academia's invasion. The Junior class championship ended (Reira won). The Youth championship uh...ended in a fiasco, as they all were annihilated by the Obelisk Force, but one survived thanks to Yugo, so...that guy "won" by default. The Junior Youth competition was cancelled in favor of the Lancers announcement.

Who were the survivors?

- Yuya (he's invited)

- Gogenzaka (invited)

- Sawatari was allowed back if he helped against the Obelisk Force (invited).

- Yuzu/Serena (Uh...this falls under a ridiculous technicality. The real Yuzu got warped to Synchro, and Serena wasn't actually a participant. Interestingly, there is NO MENTION of Yuzu or her counterparts, leaving it unclear what the deal is there. Odds are, though, due to the above technicality, even if Yuzu is fine, she probably wouldn't be invited)

-Shun (I expect that the dimensions were re-separated successfully, and Shun is back in Xyz, helping to rebuild. Shun was only in the Championship in the first place because Reiji insisted on testing him for their alliance).

- Dennis (Academia spy. Presumably, he is either in Fusion or Xyz, working to repent for his role in things)

- Tsusikage (He's an utterly subpar Duelist who really only got involved in things because he was hired or indebted to Reiji. No reason for him to be invited).

So yeah...to conclude the abandoned tournament, they're brought back. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a 4th Duelist (I really wouldn't be that surprised if Yuzu is included in some form).

What's the purpose? I dunno.

Also, I have a feeling that Reiji doesn't defeat Zarc. I think Reira and Reiji do so together, with Reira channeling Ray.

From a writing standpoint, Reira still needs to do one more extremely significant thing to fully justify why he's being involved in the first place, so I think it'll be him/Ray who fully breaks Yuya out of Zarc, because Yuya went weirdly out of his way during Synchro to bond with Reira. Plus, Reira's Duel with Reiji indicated that Reira is very close to being on par or surpassing Reiji.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 139 Subbed]

- Reiji remembers that smiles can't come from someone else's sorrow when Reira mentioned that he wanted everyone to smile and if Leo was sacrificed, Reiji wouldn't be able to smile.

- Crow and Sawatari may have lost, but at least they managed (specifically Crow) to take some LP from Zarc by negating the scale 0's effect

- Zarc is certainly proving to be a sociopath by saying that destroying the world is entertainment, ofc Sawatari/Crow disagreed

- When Crow mentioned about the Commons always losing and then gaining pleasure when peace returned (something Yuya did), Zarc was in denial about losing, causing Crow to say that it's embarrassing to lie about being afraid of losing. (That is true, no one wants to lose, but there's no shame in losing, it helps one grow as a person)

- I actually forgot Zarc's anime effect prevents it from leaving the field whilst Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monsters exist in the grave/banished. Watching the subs made me re-read the anime effect.

- Zarc remembers that Leo revolutionised duelling with RSV, and Leo mentioned that as a result people seeked out more violent ways of duelling and that Zarc was the demon created from that.

- When Leo sent his fusion monster to the grave, he mentions that with 3 in the grave, the conditions are set (ofc there were 3+ Synchros and Xyz in the grave as well), so those four cards needed 3 of a certain card type in the grave or something.

- Reiji says that what created Zarc was the unawareness of evil inside everyone, meaning it was society that created such a demon and that everyone must bear the sin of his creation.

[spoiler=SPOILER]

I actually saw a summary of ep. 140, and Zarc lost....to Riley!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[spoiler=spoiler]

I actually saw a summary of ep. 140, and Zarc lost....to Riley!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fix'd out of respect for those who haven't seen the episode yet.

(to clarify, I blurred my own vision when inserting the spoiler tags)

10/10 arc v you topped yourself again

best series anime of the year, what a plot twist.

Assuming this isn't sarcasm, best in what way?  I actually think this episode is relatively OK, and I'm not an anime buff, so I don't know, but what makes this the best anime of the year (especially in January)?

Also, the twists in this episode were kinda interesting, but nothing I'd rate it 10/10 over.

[spoiler=Script 140]

Last Time’s Egao Count: 252

Leo: Our only hope to stop Zarc is lost…

Reiji: There is still hope!
Yuya’s soul is still inside Zarc!
Otherwise, his friends wouldn’t have fought this hard.

Crow: Yuya is definitely inside Zarc!

SAWATARI-SAN: Reiji!
Pull Yuya out of that monster!

Reiji: Zarc is using Pendulum right now.
That’s the proof that Yuya’s soul still exists!

Narrator: The world is divided into four dimensions.
Across these dimensions, there are four boys, who all share the same face,
And the dragons they possess call out to one another,
As if seeking out each other…

(Opening Sequence)

Reiji: The one who created Pendulum Summon was you, Yuya!

Zarc: Oh? Pendulum?

Reiji: I was always the top runner ever since I aspired to become a Duelist.
Until the day you successfully Pendulum Summoned…
It’s my turn!

Reiji: After that, I spent my time researching and analyzing you…
Until I was able to create those Pendulum cards!
Using the Scale-2 D/D Savant Schrödinger and the Scale-8 D/D Savant Dirac,
I set the Pendulum Scales!
With this, I can simultaneously summon monsters between Level-3 and 7!

Reiji: Pendulum Summon!
Reveal yourselves, my monsters!
The Tuner Monster, D/D Night Howling!
Two copies of D/D Savant Nikola!
And D/D Vice Typhon!

Reiji: Everyone who is here has been profoundly influenced by you one way or another.
You can move the hearts of many people!
I’m sure you can overcome Zarc’s wicked heart as well!

JACK: He’s right, Yuya.
You moved the hearts of the people of the City!

Reiji: Watch closely, Yuya!
This is my Dueling!
I overlay the two Level-6 D/D Savant Nikolas together!
Xyz Summon!
Be born!
D/D/D Wave High King Executive Caesar

Reiji: Next, I tune the Level-7 D/D Vice Typhon with the Level-3 D/D Night Howling!
Synchro Summon!
Be born!
D/D/D Gust High King Executive Alexander!

Reiji: Then, I activate the effect of Vice Typhon from the Graveyard!
I banish this card and Night Howling from the Graveyard,
And Fusion Summon!
Be born!
D/D/D Flame High King Executive Temujin!

Ayu: Akaba Reiji is…

Tatsuya: …trying to reach out to Big Bro Yuya.

Futoshi: Hurry up and come back already, Big Bro Yuya!

Reira: All right.
Let’s go together, Ray!

Reira: I can serve as your host.
I’ll become a vessel for you!

Zarc: From Pendulum to Xyz, Synchro, and Fusion, huh?
You certainly are different from the other vermin.

Reiji: If my voice is not reaching you, then…
I’ll reach you with my Dueling!
Executive Alexander’s effect activates!
When there are two or more D/D monsters,
Its ATK will be doubled!

Kids: 6000 ATK!

Futoshi: Then, even that monster will be defeated…

Tokumatsu: It won’t work.
No matter what you do, you can’t destroy Supreme Dragon King Zarc!

Frank: Besides, even if you destroy other monsters, because of the Pendulum Effects...

Amanda: Zarc can gain Life Point equal to the damage he would have taken!

Tanner: Everyone had a tough time dealing with that!

Reiji: I activate Executive Temujin’s effect!
Until my Standby Phase, for every D/D monster besides this card, I can negate the effects of a Magic or Trap Card on my opponent’s Field!

Reiji: I’ll negate the cards set in your Pendulum Zones.
Supreme King Gate Zero and Supreme King Gate Infinity!

Tokumatsu: Oh! Nicely done!

Amanda: Now he can’t convert damage into Life!

Tanner: Meaning he can be attacked!
Even if Zarc can’t be destroyed, Reiji can attack Evil Odd-Eyes!

Frank: He can only use its effect to negate destruction once per turn!

Zarc: I’ll activate Supreme King Servant Dragon – Odd-Eyes’s effect!
I return this card to the Extra Deck, and Special Summon two Supreme King Servant Dragon Darkwurms!

Kids: Oh, no!

Reiji: I detach one of Executive Caesar’s Overlay Units, and activate its effect!
It negates Special Summoning effects,
And it’ll gain the ATK of a monster whose Special Summon was negated until the End Phase!

Reiji: I detach another Overlay Unit!
Executive Temujin will gain the same amount of ATK that Caesar gained until the End Phase!

Frank: Amazing!
Just when you thought that Odd-Eyes was going to escape…

Amanda: He sent the monsters that were supposed to replace it to the Graveyard…

Tanner: …and boosted the ATK of his own monster!
Two of them, to boot!

Reiji: Battle!
I attack Supreme Dragon King Zarc with Executive Temujin!

Edo: All right!

Sora: He damaged him!

Tokumatsu: Even if he’s indestructible, he’ll still take damage!

Crow: He can win this.

SAWATARI-SAN: Get him, Reiji!

GONGENZAKA: Open up Yuya’s heart with your fists!

Reiji: I attack Supreme Dragon King Zarc with Executive Caesar!

Captain Falcon: All right!

Kaito: His strategy is working!

Shuzo: That’s the spirit! Keep it up!

Kids: Go for it, Reiji!
We’re counting on you, Reiji!

Allen: Take our feelings…

Sayaka: …and deliver them to Yuya!

Reiji: I attack Supreme Dragon King Zarc with Executive Alexander!
Wake up, Yuya!

Zarc: AAAAHHHH!

Reiji: I end my turn.
At this moment, Executive Caesar’s effect ends, and Caesar and Temujin’s ATKs return to normal.

Zarc: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Reiji: Hmm?

Zarc: Akaba Reiji.
You were wrong about one thing!
You thought that the one who created Pendulum Summon was my fragment, Sakaki Yuya,
But you were wrong!

Reiji: Wrong?

Zarc: I’m the one who created Pendulum Summon!
I, Supreme Dragon King Zarc, am the true creator of Pendulum Summon!

Reiji: What!?

Tatsuya: Zarc is the creator of Pendulum!?

Shuzo: Yuya was the one who created Pendulum Summon!

Yuya: No! NO!

Zarc: I create Pendulum Summon to aid my quest for vengeance!

Yuya/Zarc: That moment…

Zarc: …was when my soul awakened!

Yuya/Zarc: I swore that the next time I fight her…

Zarc: I will definitely win!

Reiji: The next time you fight her!?
Could it be…!?

Leo: RAY!?

Reira: Tell me, Ray!
How did you fight Zarc using the four cards your father created?

Leo: The four cards I created were…
En Moon, which contains the boundless energy of the cosmos.
En Winds, which contains the energy of the sweeping winds.
En Birds, which contains the vibrant energy of life.
And En Flowers, which contains the energy of Mother Earth itself.
By using those four Magic Cards,
Ray was able to split up Zarc.
However…

Zarc: That’s right!
That was when Pendulum was born!
When I, an absolute and supreme being, was divided,
The great power swaying back and forth inside me was also unleashed!

Reira: I have to hurry.
Brother is…

Tsukikage: Reira-dono.

Reira: EH?
Tsukikage!?

Zarc: I was revived with the new power of Pendulum Summoning in my hands!
You damaged me, so I shall now deal out your punishment!
Trap, activate!
Wrath of the Supreme King!

Zarc: On the End Phase of the turn I receive 2000 or more damage,
I can Special Summon my servants from the Graveyard and Extra Deck!
Come forth!
Supreme King Servant Dragon – Odd-Eyes!
Supreme King Servant Dragon – Clear Wing!
Supreme King Servant Dragon – Dark Rebellion!
Supreme King Servant Dragon – Starve Venom!

Zarc: It’s my turn!

(ZETSUBOU commercial. Brb)

Zarc: Battle!
I attack Executive Alexander with Supreme King Servant Dragon – Clear Wing!

Futoshi: He’s attacking a 6000ATK monster with a 2500ATK one?

Zarc: Clear Wing’s effect activates!
It negates the battle, and destroys the opposing monster!
The opposing player will receive damage equal to the destroy monster’s ATK!

Reiji: D/D Savant Dirac’s Pendulum Effect!
I Special Summon this card in Defense Position,
And reduce any effect damage to zero!

GONGENZAKA: As expected from Reiji!

Zarc: Then, I attack Executive Caesar with Supreme King Servant Dragon – Dark Rebellion!

Ayu: Is he going to destroy it through an effect!?

Zarc: I detach one of Dark Rebellion’s Overlay Units!
Until the End Phase, the ATK of the battling monster will be reduced to zero,
And it gains ATK equal to the lost amount!

Tatsuya: No way!

Zarc: Go! Dark Rebellion!

Reiji: D/D Savant Schrödinger’s Pendulum Effect!
I Special Summon this card in Defense Position,
And reduce any battlet damage to zero!

Zarc: You insolent fool!

Zarc: Supreme King Servant Dragon – Starve Venom’s effect activates!
Until the End Phase, it will gain the effect of the Executive Alexander in the Graveyard!

Reiji: What!?
When there are two or more D/D monsters on the Field, Executive Alexander’s ATK will be doubled.

Frank: 5600 ATK!?

Himika: Reiji-san!

Zarc: Go! Starve Venom!
Bury Executive Temujin!

Reiji: D/D Savant Schrödinger’s effect activates!
Once during each turn, it can negate the battle damage!

Leo: He has two Defense Position monsters left.
Even if they are attacked, he won’t take damage.

Zarc: Fool!
I attack D/D Savant Dirac with Supreme King Servant Dragon – Odd-Eyes!

Zarc: At this moment, Starve Venom’s effect activates!
My monsters can now inflict piercing damage!
Due to Odd-Eyes’s effect, the damage will be doubled!

Himika: Reiji-san!

Leo: Reiji!

Ayu: That can’t be him…
Big Bro Yuya would not do something like this, right!?

Futoshi: Obviously!
That monster is not Yuya!

Captain Falcon: Does this mean that the world…

GONGENZAKA: …will be destroyed?

Zarc: I’ll personally deliver the final blow!
I attack D/D Savant Schrödinger!

Reira: Brother!

Duel Disk: Intrusion Penalty, 2000 points.

SAWATARI-SAN: Tsukikage!

Crow: He’s revived as well!

Tatsuya: That’s…!
Reira-kun!

Reiji: Reira! What are you doing!?

Himika: Reira!

Reira: I’m… I am…
I am not Reira!
I am Ray!

Reiji: Ray?

Leo: What!?

Zarc: Ray!

Reira/Ray: If you revive, I will revive as well!
If you’re going to destroy the world, I will stop you!
It’s my turn!
I activate the Magic Card, Transmigrating Life Force!
I send my entire hand into the Graveyard,
And recover En Flowers, En Birds, En Winds, and En Moon from the Graveyard.
I can then set them!

Leo: The activation conditions have been met!
Then…

Zarc: You insolent girl!

Reira/Ray: I activate the Continuous Magic, En Flowers!

Kids: Wow!

Futoshi: I’m getting shivers~~!

Reira: When there are three or more Xyz Monsters in the Graveyard, and En Flowers is activated, I can activate the Continuous Magic, En Birds!
Xyz Monsters that are on the Field, in the Graveyard or the Banish Zone, will be treated as Normal Monsters!
Their Monster Effects are also negated!

Kaito: The Xyz Monsters…

Captain Falcon: Are now Normal Monsters!

Reira: When there are three or more Synchro Monsters in the Graveyard, and En Birds is activated, I can activate the Continuous Magic, En Winds!
All Synchro Monsters will become Normal Monsters,
And their effects are negated!

Crow: The Supreme Dragon King that gave us such a hard time…

JACK: …Is now powerless!

Reira: When there are three or more Fusion Monsters in the Graveyard, and En Birds and En Winds are activated, I can activate the Continuous Magic, En Moon!
All Fusion Monsters will become Normal Monsters,
And their effects are negated!

Edo: Due to this, the Supreme Dragon King’s status of being Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz, has been removed!

Zarc: Damn you!

Reira/Ray: You’re finished!
Due to En Flowers’s effect, the effects of all monsters on the Field will be negated, and they will be destroyed!
And the controller will receive 600 damage for every card sent to the Graveyard!

Reiji: At this rate…

GONGENZAKA: Beautiful…

Zarc: DAMN YOU!

Reira: Yuya!

Zarc: I’m not Yuya!

Reiji: No, you’re Yuya!
And also Zarc as well.

Reiji: Your heart is always swinging back and forth.
LIKE A PENDULUM!

Zarc: Pendulum?

Reira/Ray: The four cards Father created return all powers back to nature,
And purify them!
That’s why Pendulum was created!

Reira/Ray: A being filled with only evil cannot make the Pendulum swing!

Ray: He still exists inside you!
The embodiment of your pure desire to pursue smiles! Sakaki Yuya! (Egao Count: 252+1=253)

Zarc: NO!
It was created by my will…!

Yuzu: I believe in you, Yuya!

Yuya: Yuzu!

Yuzu: You’re not a demon!
You’re a person who want to bring smiles and happiness to everyone in the world! (Egao Count: 253+1=254)

Zarc: Shut up!
I only bring fear!

Yuya: Stop! What are you saying!?

Zarc: My wish is to let the people who forced me to fight and treated me like a toy have a taste of what true fear is!

Yuya: No! That’s not true!

Zarc: I don’t need smiles or whatever…! (Egao Count: 254+1=255)

Yuzu: You’ve left your home to save me!

Yuzu: No matter how many times I got separated from you, you kept chasing after me!

Yuzu: I’ve become stronger because of you!

Yuzu: I was able to smile! (Egao Count: 255+1=256)
Respond to them, Yuya! Respond to your friends’ feelings!
And then, we’ll go back to our hometown together!

Reiji: All right! It’s the last turn, Yuya!

Yusho: If you let fear take hold of you, you won’t be able to do anything.
If you want to win, you must be brave…

Yuya: …and step forward!

Yuya: It’s my turn!
I activate the Quick-Play Magic, SMILE UNIVERSE! (Egao Count: 256+1=257)
I can Special Summon as many Pendulum Monsters as possible from the Extra Deck, with their Monster Effects negated!

GONGENZAKA: Supreme Dragon King has revived!

SAWATARI-SAN: Then, he’s not Yuya!?

Zarc: Pendulum Monsters are indestructible!
No matter how many times they are destroyed, they will revive!

Yuya: I won’t allow that!
I will put an end to this!

Zarc: You little…!
You’re just my fragment! Know your place!

Yuya: The monsters Special Summoned by this effect became Normal Monsters, and my opponent gains Life equal to their ATKs!

Zarc: W-What are you doing!?
S-Stop it!

Yuya: I’ve made up my mind!
I won’t ever become a demon again!
Now’s your chance!
Do it! Reira!

Reira: Using En Flowers’s effect, I can negate the effects of all monsters on the Field,
And destroy them!
And for every monster sent to the Graveyard, the controller will receive 600 damage!

Zarc: DAMN YOU ALL!
I’ll definitely retur—

Leo: The world is breaking into four again!

Reiji: Zarc will be reincarnated in the four dimensions again, and the same things will happen all over again!

Reira: I won’t let it happen again!
I will seal Zarc away!

Zarc: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Reira: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Yuya: Reira?
REIRAAAAAAA!

[spoiler this episode... just...wow....]

- Reiji is as impressive as ever. I always love watching him duel

- Zarc's explanation about the pendant and pendulum summoning was pretty neat.

- Wait, so, is Reira a girl, or was he just channelling Ray?

- And...how can he channel ray again? Was it ever said where Reira got his psychic powers?

- Still, nice to see Zarc kinda beaten. and the return of the Yami Marik face distortion of course.

- Yep, I was right, something's clearly not right next time. Reira's a baby, presumably now a vessel for both Zarc and Ray. There'll probably be other changes too.

This episode caught me off guard real good. I got al little theory here based on the next summary

[spoiler=My Theory - PLOT TWISTS!!! :D]

So basically the world is split again. The Yuboys all live in their respective dimensions. All the Yu-Girls are gone, but before they left they split the worlds and erased themselves from everyones mind, heres the plot twist, what if Sergey was correct and Reiji was actually trying to take over his father's company! This could make sense if we think really hard. Reiji's smart, we know that much, but he's also manipulative. Maybe Reiji's the hole reason this started. His father made a huge deal about Utopia, so Reiji got angry coz he can't rule a world he doesn't live in. So he makes lancer's to take over His dad, and take control of the Fusion Dimension. On his way, he takes control of the Synchro Dimension, but doesn't take over Xyz due to the fact it's basically blown up. Lastly is standard, in which case he hosts a tournament so the public keep their eyes on it and away from him. Yuya, Sawatari and Gongenzaka all trust Reiji. The only reason he kept Yuya alive was to gain his trust.

Archived