Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

True and we can't exactly rely on the 3DS XL's larger battery. I was thinking it could work because Resident Evil: Revalations ran pretty well. 

Also because not everyone has an XL

I dont mind

It still looked great, and ran smoothly.......until 3d sometimes XP

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you're not implying by this that they're running out of ideas or that today's Pokemon aren't as good as the earlier gens, because that's just a load of bollocks.

I'm not.

Though there are some designs that are questionable, overall they're fine. That was more for Generation 7 and beyond; should Pokemon ever go that far (it probably will)

I was implying the naming though; there are no problems with X/Y or even using Greek letters for these games; though after a while, the list of possible name additions will run low. 

Anyway, I'll probably get Sapphire [considering I am playing the original one on an emulator]; though I don't know if I can buy both [especially since I only have 1 3DS]. If I need anything from Omega Ruby, there's always the option of finding people who have this game and trading with them. Either way, $35-40 for a game is expensive but then again, I spent that much buying a used Battle Revolution and a new White 2, so nothing new there (I rarely buy games, so guess it's not as bad).

P.S. I have a regular sized 3DS, not an XL.

35 USD = £20.93

40 USD = £23.92

I paid 35 quid for my Black 2 version.

That's nothing.

At the moment, 40 USD is roughly equivalent to 47 NZD. Yet here in New Zealand, you'll be lucky to get a "$40 game" for anything less than $80 on release. On top of that, "$60 games" are usually somewhere in the triple digits when first released.

Then again, I managed to get PKMN X on sale for $68 when it and Y were released world wide, so hopefully a better deal occurs when Omega and Alpha come out.

The 3Ds more or less has a 3 hour battery life, although I have gotten a little longer without the 3D on and the brightness down. Still really poor for a Handheld, when my 10 year old DS was still getting 7 hours until the point I had to get rid of it. So safe to say I will not be playing with the 3D on. (Shoulda waited for the 2DS to be honest).

I'd happily trade with anyone, I know I'm getting both anyhow. Not being a gamer has it it's pluses, means I have more money for the ones I want and to waste on Plushies and Lego

UK is usually £35, XY are still around the £30 mark after 8/9 months.

A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald. This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years including Pokémon Grey.

I hope you guys realise that ANYBODY can register a copyright online now and there have been MULTIPLE hoaxes over the years because of this.

And that's relevant when we know it's registered by Nintendo... how?

Making an actual Delta Emerald would be stepping over the line in my opinion.  There's a justifiable reason for the gen remakes, as they're really just standalone expansions for the base game. 

Delta Emerald would be an expansion of an expansion, and that's a bit much.  

If Delta Emerald were a Wii U game tho...

That's actually an interesting idea, but I don't know if that would work without the base game (Z or whatever) coming to Wii U first.

Maybe it'd work, but only (IMO) if it had cross-platform battling and trading.  

Making Delta Emerald is kinda pushing it; since Emerald was supposed to be an improvement over Ruby/Sapphire (though you did fight both teams, so not sure what to say about it). It would be nice though to be able to catch both Kyogre/Groudon without having to trade between DS systems (self/friends) or use GTS (assuming we are getting it here).

I'm pretty sure they fixed most, if not all of the glitches that were in the originals to begin with [i.e. Roaming glitch, Berry glitch, etc]. If that's the case, we can expect one of the Eon siblings to start roaming Hoenn again, but then again, we only had 1-2 of them in BW and from the sequels and X/Y, all have been stationary. We shall see though.

All I know is that I will be very disappoint if Regigigas is not available by normal means.

Assuming that all of the Regis will be available in whichever version you buy, it will suck if you don't get Gigas at some point in game. That being said, there aren't too many caves it can stay around in last time I checked (I remember Scorched Slab on Route 120 was empty, but don't think it's big enough to hold it).

As for post-game ideas, they could implement some days with normal Pokemon from the other regions being available (Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and to some extent, Kanto/Johto). Getting the other version legendary would be great though; much like with HGSS [though it can be assumed Rayquaza will be available anyway, regardless if you have both or not). They could throw in Mega Stones for any Pokes that get them, in a similar vein to what you do in X/Y after becoming Champion and beating rival. (That being said, they'll have to work getting said Mega Ring into game to begin with)

Mention of a full Battle Frontier is obvious though. They could add gym leader rematches like HeartGold did (we have a PokeNav to call them) and step up the challenge on the Pokemon League. And hopefully they make Brendan/May available for rematches as well post-game; unlike the case in the originals.

I honestly would like Gigas to be made to suck a bit less.  I mean, you could completely take away his ability and he still wouldn't be too OP.  He'd be Uber, but why shouldn't he be?

Seriously though, Slow Start could only effect the first turn and that would still be a huge disadvantage.  Five turns is an eternity. 

I agree.

Slow Start destroyed any viability that Regigigas would've had in battles.

Nerfing it so it last only 1-2 turns is manageable; five turns is hell, especially when it faces threats as Close Combat, status and whatever. Regigigas does have enough bulk to live through it and can retaliate back. Yeah, it'll make it Uber but heck we have White Kyurem, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, Deoxys-Attack running around; they have a lot more power than Gigas.

Between Slow Start and Truant (which Slaking has), I think Slow Start is worse. Other one isn't too bad, since you can at least kill something before having to wait.

Archived