Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

The new Aqua/Magma designs looks sweet as hell.

Also...Mega Diancie....Really?

...But Dragon-Type Sceptile is cool. Mega Swampy looks funny but at the same time, cool. Still gonna stick with him, sicne Swampert's my bro.

Also, will the Rival finally use their fully evolved Pokemon??? Please??????

Considering how much they toned down the diificulty of X and Y (From what I have heard, only the Champion has a full team of 6), I am honestly doubting it..... They really should bring back the Challenge mode from B/W2. Having even the first Gym Leader with 6 Pokes was pretty awesome;

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering how much they toned down the diificulty of X and Y (From what I have heard, only the Champion has a full team of 6), I am honestly doubting it..... They really should bring back the Challenge mode from B/W2. Having even the first Gym Leader with 6 Pokes was pretty awesome;

Actually;

In Gen IV, Gym Leaders has no more than 4, and Elite 4 had 5; before this, Gym leaders had up to 5.

In Gen V, Gym Leaders had no more than 3(iirc), and Elite 4 had 4. In Challenge mode, Everybody got another Pokemon, so it went back to Gen IV's Formula; Not every Leader had 6 Pokemon, in fact, none of them did.

Gen VI had the same thing as Gen V.

Actually;

In Gen IV, Gym Leaders has no more than 4, and Elite 4 had 5; before this, Gym leaders had up to 5.

In Gen V, Gym Leaders had no more than 3(iirc), and Elite 4 had 4. In Challenge mode, Everybody got another Pokemon, so it went back to Gen IV's Formula; Not every Leader had 6 Pokemon, in fact, none of them did.

Gen VI had the same thing as Gen V.

Aha. I see now (I have recently been playing Volt White 2 for my DS so there was the confusion) Apologies XD

... It is. Look at the paint scribble on Brendan

I don't know wether to be happy or sad by this. May was cute before but this redesign looks a lot like one of the characters from X and Y now. Not that I am complaining... I will always choose the female lead anyway (They have a lot to beat Hilda though.)

Looking at the MC redesigns; Brendan confirmed for hat (Like Ruby in the Manga)

Going back I can tell even from the RS artwork, even if it is barely noticeable. Blatantly obvious imo when it came to the back sprites, though. Though to be fair I would never have guessed if it wasn't for the manga.

Diancie Mega-Evo: Oh my God she looks to elegant gimme gimme gimme

Sceptile Mega: Dayuum son *fistbumps my bro*

Swampert Mega: Ehhh.... how about no.

Magma and Aqua designs: So cool~ 

Brendan and May: Oh God Brendan looks cross-eyed XD May ~<3

I have just realised that the Pokemon Emerald Manga (the manga has only just hit LGFR) won't come out until after these games, so my mind will be confused because it'll have the old style Maxie and Archie, who I don't know if I'm keen on the new art. The grunts don't look too bad though.

I do hope that it takes longer than 4 days to beat these games for me.

Ah finally, some worthy Omega Red/Alpha Sapphire information!

Once again, some considerable amounts of cool and still Mega Evolutations. Mega Diancie looks cool and elegant, but that ridiculous train of her dress....and Mega Sceptile is sexy. Not to ridiculous, but it's got a decent standing as a Mega Ampharos-esque power up. And Mega Swampert's got freaking Popeye arms. I mean, with that much amount of injected steroids, he'd barely raise his arms above his head to balance and he'd be going about like a gorilla.

Since they're really going to restart the whole alternate 3rd gen storyline, those Maxie/Archie redesigns look quite menacing. The other Admins and grunts afterwards look like they've picked up some fabulousness detail from Team Flare...I mean most of them especially from Magma look like they're doing a modeling shoot.

Overall, since of course they're gonna use the same mechanic as X/Y, I'm pretty much satisfied with most of the upcoming stuff.

...And Steven looks like a total pimp.

Friend and I were talking. Notice how Brendan is tan/brown? Might signal being able to change Brendan and May's skin color. Then again, that may not happen since Hoenn is Japan and they're not really heterogeneous in race. In fact, we're wondering about trainer customization in general, since changing hair is a thing, but May's hair is iconic, and changing clothes is a thing, but who could do away with Brendan's hat? Besides make his hair white and give him a headband... wait, that needs to be an option, it would be so trollish.

And if skin color can change, we were also wondering what it meant for Norman and the mother's skin color.

Also, he dared me to play the game with only a team of dragons since a lot of my favorites were in this game, and now with Mega Sceptile. Flygon. Kingdra. Flygon. Latis. Salamence. Flygon. Altaria. Rayquaza. Flygon. etc. Flygon. Screw multiple pokemon, I'll beat this game with 6 Flygon.

Because Serebii confirms it?

I actually didn't read the Serebii page and just guessed the Type, mostly basing it on the way Ampharos' Mega manifested itself.
I went back and saw the page now; Nice to know that it's half Dragon, which is rather amusing since Grass/Dragon is another new type; The 4x Ice Weakness is silly, though.

I actually didn't read the Serebii page and just guessed the Type, mostly basing it on the way Ampharos' Mega manifested itself.
I went back and saw the page now; Nice to know that it's half Dragon, which is rather amusing since Grass/Dragon is another new type; The 4x Ice Weakness is silly, though.

At the very least it's neutral to fire.  Unfortunately, it's still weak to flying, bug, poison, other dragons and now fairies.

Archived