Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

Thought this was rather amusing:
543.jpg

Also this is pretty accurate of this topic/everyone in general, at the moment:
9a1.gif

Oh, and that pic with the Rayquaza on it is fake. /obvious
Or at least, if I remember correctly.

Still, Megas of Sceptile/Swampert would be nice.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But in all seriousness

I cannot WAIT for the new Hoenn soundtrack. The mere thought of it gives me the chills.

I always look forward to Pokemon music. Just hope they ditch those Trumpets lol. R/S/E were full of Trumpets XD

It'll be nice being able to defeat Drake again in AS/OR (Alpha Sapphire / Omega Ruby). Out of the Hoenn Elite 4, he's the one I like the most.

Like I mentioned earlier, better go get a subscription to Pokebank again (assuming I can use that instead of being forced to buy another 3DS for transferring like Gen 4/5 were)

@Yin: I'd like to see XD/Colosseum remakes also (though if they do come out, they're probably for the Wii U [think they stopped doing stuff for the old Wii at this point]). Sigh, another $300 for the console...

First things first. SO EXCITED. Gen III was my first proper Generation, where I just did everything you could, like many other people here.

For my actual constructive input, I wouldn't be that surprised if the new Groudon and Kyogre forms weren't Mega Evolutions but 'Alpha' and 'Omega' forms, given that you can actually see these symbols on their bodies and the games' names. Similar to Kyurem's forms in B/W 2, my guess is that these are another new type of form that pokemon can take (at least the weather trio), but that other hoenn 'mon will just get megas.

(also, new 3D trick house puzzles?! A proper tropical rainforest Route 119?! new Fortree and Sootopolis City look! So much to look forward to!)

Sableye and Banette are in Sapphire
Mawile and Dusclops are in Ruby

Mawile and Banette got Megas.
So what of Sableye and Dusclops?

It'd be cool if Dusknoir and Sableye got mega evos, but I'm not holding my breath at all.

damn tempting, but the 3ds is so pricey...

Then why not get a 2DS. It's cheaper and you can play 3DS games on it.

Oh yeah, I remember DL mentioning Dusclops was better than Dusknoir once.
But wouldn't it be weird for a 2nd stage evo to have a Mega? The only one I could ever see doing that is Pikachu, and even that was a stretch for me.
Also news from Serebii

Following its reveal yesterday, there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll bring more on these games as it comes
Edit @ 15:38: The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes

So they aren't sequels, but just remakes. Which is fine for me, I liked Emerald's story.

And the latter piece of news confirms what we've all speculated, these are either Megas or alternate forms on the covers.

Okay. This means we'll probably have some new Mega Evo's the return of the Battle Frontier, high quality artwork of the Gym Leaders, E4, Champ and other characters. Heck maybe we'll have ACTUAL OFFICIAL ART OF COURTNEY along with Tabitha, Mat and Shelly.

Sooooo happy about this, 3rd gen is my favourite. 

I think it's a given that Sceptile and Swampert are getting megas.

And probably Kyogre and Groudon too.

I hope they make an Emerald version, but I doubt it since SS and HG didn't have a Crystal remake. 

Then again HGSS had some elements of Crystal in it, like Eusine chasing Suicune, so I rekcon ORAS will have some elements from Emerald in it like the Battle Frontier for example.

I'll be happy as long as they don't let you catch Rayquaza before the elite 4.

Letting people get a free pass on the E4 always rubbed me the wrong way.

Funny you should mention that.

Well first off Ruby was the first Pokemon game I ever played, so I didnt even know Rayquaza existed until I stumbled upon him like everything else. But when I did find him, long after the E4 was defeated first...

I filled my party with eggs and just took on the E4 over and over again because Rayquaza was so gud. :P it was the most entertaining method I could think of to walk my eggs. XD

Then again HGSS had some elements of Crystal in it, like Eusine chasing Suicune, so I rekcon ORAS will have some elements from Emerald in it like the Battle Frontier for example.

But you are over looking an important fact friend. HG and SS had elements from Crystal. Odds are a lot of Emerald elements will be in OR and AS.

True, I hope you're both right. Battle Frontier is probably my favourite post pokemon league location out of all the games. 

I hope that the story gets an improvement to compensate for the fact it's a remake.

The main reason I enjoyed this Gen, was because Emerald was actually a game which made a lot of sense. Both Teams were evil, as they should be by rights, both of them actually had the Legendary housed in a logical place for once (Which is a big difference), and it was just more rounded than either of the origonal two. 

And the problem is that this is going to get lost because of them being remakes. And I don't want that due to the love I have for the generation. 

That and I really enjoyed like B/W because it had a decent story attached to it. 

So I do want the story improved as my primary desire for this more than anything. Again why I'd have preferred sequels. 

Archived