Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

I also found it weird that Dragonite and Tyranitar is banned from the tourney. In all seriousness though, if I get screwed out of the entry prize like the previous gift, I'll probs end up having to train a Garchomp up to level 66 and replicate the moveset.

Well if it helps, I have a Hydregion I could lend you. Not sure how good it is, but its something if you can't get what you need.

On a side note, does ANYONE have a Shiny Koffing/Weeing or Shiny Hoothoot/Noctowl. I'm sick of trying to Matsuda breed a Shiny Koffing. I quit counting at 250 eggs.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

RANT INC;

That's just great, we get details of the Shiny Yveltal event in the UK, and it's a serial code event distributed at.... Smyths Toys Stores. Can't even get that event either as I live like 60-odd miles away from the nearest store. It just pisses me off tbph, I mean why couldn't we have have gotten that (and Xerneas for that matter) over WIFI like in the US, ugh. *sigh* Oh well.

I can only ask why they decide to make it a serial code thing for you guys as opposed to Wi-Fi, or really, would it kill Gamefreak to distribute it in locations that are better spread out if they insist on serial codes?

Already got my Shaymin though (had to remember where the Gracidea NPC was on Route 123 in Sapphire); more/less got it the day it came on.

Just saw this announcement on Serebii

Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Global Link

It has been confirmed that the Generation 6 Global Link will end its service as of late October 2016 to make adjustments ahead of the release of the Global Link in Sun & Moon. When this happens, all features using the Global Link such as Logging in, Game Sync, Returning items into the game and Rating Battle will go offline, though the GTS, Wonder Trade and Free Battle will remain online. As part of a Thank You campaign, from July 26th everything on the PokéMileage Club will be 50% and Ability Capsules will be re-added for 5,000 PokéMiles a piece.

Well, this is a bit of a jabroni.

The Shiny Xerneas event in Smyths Toys stores in the UK (that I cannot get) is also a bit of a jabroni.

On the topic of Global Link: It really isn't much of a surprise tbph given we're transitioning into Gen 7. A month without Global Link isn't gonna be that bad.

On another note, it won't be long before emails will be sent out to get Shiny HA Mewtwo, for those who entered competitions like the Internation Challenge for example.

Yeah, losing the Global Link will be a pain. Though, not sure if I can transfer all of the PokeMiles I've already gotten since 2013 moved over to Sun/Moon or I should spend them; haven't played Gen 5 when it was up, so yeah.

I rarely use Global Link anyway, or look at it sporadically to check my actual stuff.

> Never used Global Link in Gen 6

> Only XYORAS connection interests are in the GTS, Wonder Trade, Free Battle, & Pokémon Bank

> Always took the Battle Points over the PokéMiles

Wait what is the Global Link again?

After a few trades, I'll be almost done with my living dex. I just need some BW legendaries that I never picked up. Tornadus, Landorus, and for some reason funking Reshiram. (also Meloetta and Genesect but I'm pretty sure I have them somewhere.)

> Never used Global Link in Gen 6

> Only XYORAS connection interests are in the GTS, Wonder Trade, Free Battle, & Pokémon Bank

> Always took the Battle Points over the PokéMiles

Wait what is the Global Link again?

After a few trades, I'll be almost done with my living dex. I just need some BW legendaries that I never picked up. Tornadus, Landorus, and for some reason funking Reshiram. (also Meloetta and Genesect but I'm pretty sure I have them somewhere.)

It lets you turn the PokeMiles you get from playing into Rare Candies. At least, that is what I ended up using it for. That and maybe a couple Heart Scales.

I haven't been using my PokeMiles lately; usually just converting them into Battle Points or something. Going to assume that they will not transfer over to Gen 7, and I'd better use them all quickly. But yeah, I'm mostly using Wonder Trades and GTS for things; lately for self-trade stuff. 

(Still need Magmortar and Slurpuff for my Sapphire dex, then I'll have the whole thing completed and get the diploma)

As for Agro, if you have Omega Ruby, Tornadus and Reshiram should be available to you. Otherwise, you'll have to transfer Reshiram from Gen 5 if you have Sapphire (which I had to do). 

It lets you turn the PokeMiles you get from playing into Rare Candies. At least, that is what I ended up using it for. That and maybe a couple Heart Scales.

Yeah but you can do that in ORAS without Global Link. For that matter, I was under the impression that you could do it in XY in-game, but again, I never used them there.

As for Agro, if you have Omega Ruby, Tornadus and Reshiram should be available to you. Otherwise, you'll have to transfer Reshiram from Gen 5 if you have Sapphire (which I had to do). 

Yeah but only if I just happen to stumble upon their respective mirage thingies.

why am i only learning that i have control over this now?

The point of transferring miles to the Global Link is so that you can play mini games, thereby earning yourself useful things like Macho Braces and the like to send back to your game. The shop available on the global link is exactly the same as the one found in a pokecenter in the big round city whose name I forget.

Yeah but only if I just happen to stumble upon their respective mirage thingies.

why am i only learning that i have control over this now?

And half an hour later, my living dex is only missing the final 7 mons that I just have to do a cycle of trading to evolve (as soon as I find my old 3DS...)

Oh also Meloetta and Genesect. I'd say I can't wait, but unless the GTS is nice (or unless they both magically show up in one of my boxes), I literally have to wait until December to finish this living dex lol

From Serebii:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Battle Competition
The next Battle Competition has been announced. This is the Unova Classic competition. This competition is a Triple Battle competition and runs unique rules. These rules allow for you to use Pokémon in the National Pokédex from 001-649 aside from Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta & Genesect. No Mega Stones are allowed. Registration runs from August 18th to August 28th while battles run from August 26th through August 28th.
All entrants get a Level 35 Darmanitan based on N's Darmanitan. It has the ability Zen Mode and the moves Thrash, Belly Drum, Flare Blitz & Hammer Arm

----

Going to assume regular battle rules apply; no duplicate items, Soul Dew is barred and the usual clauses.

Not sure if I'm going to participate, especially since college will be starting up again during the week of competition (and I am busy on weekends); answer is probably no. That, and I don't usually do Triple Battles; Singles/Doubles, I'm more/less good with.

Archived