Splatoon

Lonk

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, nice that they're getting the updates out quickly, I surely wasn't expecting anything by day 2. What was their time frame they gave for releasing everything they had planned? Like, 3 months or something?

new content each week until we get everything in august

Some people over on the Miiverse. But I'm beyond that, now.

...and I like how you can only get more serious with your gear, once you hit 20. Or at least, I think so...

Do you know when you unlock the Aerograph? I want it ;-;

And also in Port Mackerel, if you use the roller set with the Kraken, you'll easily dominate. The corridors are perfect for the roller and if someone targets you, just kraken them

And also in Port Mackerel, if you use the roller set with the Kraken, you'll easily dominate. The corridors are perfect for the roller and if someone targets you, just kraken them

That map is just good for Rollers in general. Both the Wail and the Kraken are quite powerful on that area, given the fact that the small corridors just let you go and paint over everything easily.

EDIT: Saw this on KYM:
4ff.jpg

I think the best teams are those with just 1 roller. Roller Covers ground, but the majority of the time, if you keep track of opponent's rollers, you're going to win the 1v1's using jr's.

Port Mackeral is a map that I feel a coordinated team could dominate easily. The moving forklift-things offer a good vantage point for a gunner, and the only outlets for the alternate routes are on each team's side of the map. The main areas on either side of those forklifts are essentially chokepoints.If 3 gunners lock down that area, using the forklift as high ground, a roller can just go in and cause havoc.

I think my favorite set right now is the aerospray mg. The gun itself is amazing and creates an easy killzone. The seeker is amazing. Like far and away my favorite sub weapon besides the wall thing I forgot the name of. On Port Mackeral it is basically the giant rolling stone ball from indiana jones in the middle of the lanes. I'm not as big a fan of the special weapon in the cannon but it's fine. If I could get the other two with either Killer Wail, the strike, or kraken, I'd be pretty peachy.

I was playing a Ranked Match on Walleye Warehouse.  At the very beginning, some dude DC'd from us and left us as a team of 3, giving the other team a huge advantage.  I don't know how, but we managed to utterly destroy them 0-100, with me being the noscoping-Squiffer user getting 5 kills and 0 deaths.

You need to beat the 3rd boss in single-player, get the scroll it drops when you beat it, bring it to the weapons dealer, and be at level 7. I think.

And I'm not playing in ranked until all of my equipment has 3 extra ability slots with the exact perks I want.

I was unable to bring my WiiU with me back to campus for the summer, so while I beat Hero Mode in the couple days I was home I won't be able to play anymore until the Fall Quarter starts and my friend comes back with his WiiU. TT.TT

EDIT: Based Huke.

CGjl5ljUQAEbnG1.jpg

And I'm not playing in ranked until all of my equipment has 3 extra ability slots with the exact perks I want.

According to some guy's post, or whatever, that I saw on the Miiverse the other day...
The main ability has a 9% effect, while the 1-3 secondary abilities only have a 3% effect.
So like... If you had a hat or whatever that has this for it's primary one:
Defenseup.png
With secondaries of:
Runspeedup.pngDamageup.pngRecon.png

Which means only that defense boost will truly matter, while in your secondary abilities, only the Recon one will actually do anything because the others are only supplying a very minimal difference.
IE, you don't need to go insane trying to get "perfect" things, because that dogma is merely in your head. You only want to pay attention to the main stat it gives, really. Not saying you should stick to gear with minimal abilities, but like... I'm just saying you shouldn't stress over it.
Though... It is nice if you have a piece of gear with this for it's main:
Runspeedup.png
And then randomly you get this for a secondary:
Runspeedup.png
Cuz' 12% run increase >>> 9% Increse.
Especially if you are using something like a roller.

Archived