Splatoon

Lonk

Tbqh 81 is pretty good for what it is, especially with all the cut content. 

But we will get it later for free, while other companies cut stuff and make it DLC. So i think 90 should be a fair price from what i've seen so far

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the embargo up, Metacritic has Splatoon sitting at around 81, but it seems that most of the complaints are about things we knew about– i.e. a lot of maps, modes, etc. not being available until August and no voice chat. So I'd say we could expect a ~5 point increase come August, but voice chat would probably have gotten it more like ~10 point increase.

Either way, doesn't really affect my opinion. I'll be playing it.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/splatoon/critic-reviews

I read Jim Sterling's review and he more or less says the same thing. Only other thing he really criticized was the online lobby system can use some other. He really seems to like the game though and I'm just happy it was able to meet it potential, even if it was rushed out a little.

The only question left at this point is if it will have longer legs than Evolve or Titanfall.

It needs to last 2 months, then I think it'll be good, but neither of those other two games even lasted one.

The only question left at this point is if it will have longer legs than Evolve or Titanfall.

It needs to last 2 months, then I think it'll be good, but neither of those other two games even lasted one.

If the update is planned for August I can only assume they will be releasing free content between now and then so I'd assume it will last at least that long.

I think this one is gonna last at least 2 months. It had lots of hype and it's very original compared to the other two. Also in this period not many games that could overshadow it are coming out, so i think this is gonna shine. And with the promised free updates, Squidfests (or was it Splatfests?) and the later unlock of ranked battles. The interest will be kept quite high for a while.

I think I'd be giving it better chances if it let you party up with friends day 1.

I think this one is gonna last at least 2 months. It had lots of hype and it's very original compared to the other two. Also in this period not many games that could overshadow it are coming out, so i think this is gonna shine. And with the promised free updates, Squidfests (or was it Splatfests?) and the later unlock of ranked battles. The interest will be kept quite high for a while.

You could make easy arguments that both Evolve and especially Titanfall had a lot of hype and were both original in their own ways, though. They didn't have that much competition either. Titanfall more than Evolve.

That doesn't bother me, most of my friend or don't have online activated, or don't care about this game or don't own it yet.

But most of the community that will be playing this game does, especially the kinds of people that could really give this game legs.

But most of the community that will be playing this game does, especially the kinds of people that could really give this game legs.

yeah i understand it. I think the custom matchmaking from the start would've been very nice but i'm happy enough with what we got

I mean I'm happy with it, I'm just a little worried.

I understand you, but as long as the games has fans (and the hype proven and all the stuff proves it does have) it will stay well alive for a while. I wouldn't also care if it dies down, because we that enjoy it are still playing it, not being a massive hit doesn't instantly wipeout the game, so i'm pretty chill about it.

Voice chat is completely unnecessary. Most people usually use it to swear at each other. If you wanna chat with your friends use TeamSpeak or Skype

Avoiding bandwidth issues, and having in depth communication options in a team-based multiplayer game is usually considered necessary

Archived