Splatoon

Lonk

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this image has been going around, wonder if it's real:

CGqDAwRVAAE3sP7.jpg

Splatoon logo is US. Super Mario Amiibo and Sunshine logo are Japanese.

Also it's following the usual "take a picture in a dark room" approach and no one actually knows where the source is.

It's really, REALLY well done tho.

So this image has been going around, wonder if it's real:
CGqDAwRVAAE3sP7.jpg

Ya'know, if this actually existed, then it contradicts all forms of the game itself.
I mean... For all intensive purposes, This is Splatoon:
WxcFfio.jpg
So it wouldn't make any sense.

Though.... Here's a thought... Assuming you get a Fludd weapon, it would be pretty cool if it did what it always does, and erases ink. Since this way, it would basically be a weapon that exists to boosts the special abilities of your partners, by giving them more space to repaint over.
Or something like that.

I have no idea why it was delayed, but hey we got it! i also love the italian name (first weapon pun!) "Calamaravaggio" Which is the fusion of "calamaro" (= squid) and the painter "Caravaggio"

The set will also come with the sprinkler and the Inkstrike. Looks like a very interesting set! In the USA it will be available tonight at 7 PM.

Definitely can't wait

Ranked Battle favored weapons are much different from Turf Wars favored weapons.  Chargers and Squelchers are amazing in Ranked Battle due to their range, power and control ability.

Yeah the inkbrush is really good in Ranked too. While in Turf Wars it sucks...

Roller is pretty silly in competetve for its ability to easily capture bases. It's just a sitting duck until it gets there.
And be fair.... Turf War is pretty friendly towards all weapons, which is the point because Turf Wars has a sort of 'anything goes' mindset. Competetive, though, it's more about from getting from point A to point B faster then your opponent, while also keeping the enemies away.

Played 5 games with the brush; We lost 1 game, but in the other 4, I had gotten top scores in 2 of them/we won them.
Ok so...
293384-h1.jpg

It's basically an offensive version of the Paint Roller. So as such, here is a comparison:
Paint Roller is slow, bulky/easily runs over other Inklings, and has a Special that helps it move forward.
Paint Brush is really fast, vulnerable, can't reliably Splat anyone, can fill it's Special Gauge much easier/has Ink Strike, but unlike the Roller... This one is capable of spreading Ink out in a much wider area.

So the idea for this weapon, from what I gather, is that it's intended for a form of sabotage; Rush over to the enemy area, and then spread ink everywhere in a quick manner. Works even better if the map you are at is very open. You mess them up and they don't even realize what just happened.
Or at least... For Turf War. I've yet to try it in the competitive area, because it's a very chaotic weapon in Turf War, and I fuckin' love it.

So I have a love hate relationship with it; It wins games very easily because it throws the other team off their guard quite easily, but it sucks if your team is randomly in a loosing position and/or the map you are at restricts your movement. It also lacks the Roller's ability to quickly Splat people.
However, it's speed can easily make up for it, because you are going to cause a lot of chaos with this weapon, and it's very fun. Especially because you are also a massive distraction for the opposing team, and it greatly helps the rest of your team cover all the area you went through, because your opponents are forced to focus on you.

'Course, that's just the way I'm seeing it.

Risa: if what you said is true
Risa: Splatoon is actually TF3 confirmed
Risa: shot
Risa: splatted
Armz: ....they still seem hostile towards MLP, which is the irony of it
Armz: And it's what disproves the status
Armz: I mean.. I've seen Inkling/Splatoon art for.....
Armz: Let's see......
Risa: https://derpicdn.net/img/2014/6/11/650214/thumb.png
Armz: King of the Hill, Bizarre Advdnture, Homestuck, Avengers, Sailor Moon, Touhou, Breaking Bad, Fairly Odd Parents, Gurren Lagann, Pepe Frog, Dr.Octogonapus, Transformers, uhh.... What else....
Risa: pokemon
Armz: Better question is...
Risa: what doesn't have a splatoon crossover
Armz: What HASNT had a pic/miiverse post/etc
Armz: Of it yet, yes
Armz: ....wait
Armz: I just got it
Armz: Risa, don't you see what this is?
Armz: Multicolored non-human characters that have strong humanoid characteristics
Armz: They confront each other doing what they do best
Armz: It's a team based game
Armz: Fashion is a big part of it
Armz: Being 'yourself'(so to say) is a key part
Armz: Everyone basically knows eachother
Armz: Etc
Armz: Risa....
Armz: It's fucking MLP.... But with squids and guns
Risa: It's also TF2 and Touhou at the same time
Risa: oh god
Armz: Dude.. It's even taking MLP's route for dominance; [subject]-ify everything
Armz: THATS why its hostile towards MLP...it's competeing with it, without anyone actually knowing
Armz: Like.... It's such a weird parallel

At least I know I'm not the only one who moves in circles around the central plaza just flopping between kid and squid.

You actually, kinda' sorta' move faster then normal while doing it.
It's impractical in Turf War/etc, though, because you can't really use your weapon while doing it.

Ok, so....
I've given it some more thought:
splatoon-paintbrush-weapon.png

Paintbrush is arguably the most fucked up weapon in the game, if given to the right player.
I played about 12 games just now; Lost 2 of them. Had the top score of like 1200-1300 in the other 10. Player in 2nd on my teams were at like 800-900; Oh my gosh it was insane.
Gear I was using:
Headgear_Takoroka_Mesh.jpgTop_Sunny_Day_Tee.jpg, and Gold Hi-Horses, but the wiki lacks an image
Hat's abilities: Defenseup.pngDefenseup.png
Shirt's abilities: Specialchargeup.pngSpecialchargeup.png
Shoes's abilities: Runspeedup.pngRunspeedup.pngInksaversub.png

So what I was doing.... Was starting off by throwing ink in my general direction -> Quickly getting in it and then jumping back out -> Repeat
I'd also typically use the Sprinkler right off the bat(Thrown in some other direction, mind you), because it would give me the Ink Strike fairly quickly as a follow up.
As both teams are making their ways to the center of the stage, I'm already there, with my Special, and at about 200-300 points -> Ink Strike boosts me to like 400-500
From that point on, I'd just use Sprinklers to cover areas ahead that I might be unable to get to and/or just use the brush to throw ink everywhere else.
Enemy teams were thrown off their guard all over the place because the round starts and they already have Ink Strikes in their area, My teams kept getting easy wins. Etc. Etc.... I really wish I had recorded some of those games. They were glorious.

And yet... Literally all I was doing, was using the brush like you are supposed to; Mad-dash to the other side, and cause a big mess. And it worked perfectly.

Basically it was like I had mentioned earlier; If you establish a winning position with a Brush, then your going to win, and the rest is just free EXP from that point on. If you can't get the lead, then just get what you can. It's a win-win, regardless, but you really need to get that lead going right away, which I did every time.
The 2 games my team lost, were games that had the whole enemy team only out to get me, which was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

So the Paint Brush is a highly rewarding weapon, but it requires you to be THAT dedicated to it's Sanic-like playstyle, and I love it.

I'd also advise you guys to give this weapon a try, because it can win games very easily.

Archived