[TCG] October 2014 Ban List

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>RoTA @ 3

I love it.

I mean I think it was a horrible idea, but I love it.

welcome to konami, you're hired

this is what we look for in employees

that kind of thinking is essential to our market

also people that are willing to design shitty support for a deck and say they like it because flavor

But honestly, who is as horrible of a human being to actually enjoy playing Infernity? The deck had it coming.

Now excuse me while I go play Gishkill

TBF I enjoyed playing it.

I just didn't enjoy it existing in the slightest.

It's like playing Meta Knight, but much more absurd, I guess.

Sorry. Can't quote right now but I don't appriciate the Sarcasm. Always thought that Raigeki was one of the Big 7 at the time. Mostly every Deck now is going to have Raigeki and Dark Hole. Also don't get me started on the Boost this gives to DDT Decks...

There's no sarcasm.

Raigeki these days sucks.

When it

A) Actually gives your opponent +s

B) Doesn't do anything

C) Is only a minor setback

It sucks.

I had a post but Chrome lost it so I'll cut out the generic comments

Raigeki: Whether the game is power creeped to hell or not doesn't justify the unbanning of random stupid s*** every list. Should have stayed dead.

Glow-Up Bulb: I'll have to see it.

Gorz: 1 Gorz isn't doing anything, Gorz to 2 won't do anything, and the decks that CAN use 2 Gorz won't do anything. But again, we'll have to see. For now, calm down.

RotA: As a Tellarknight player, I am amused. As a YGO player, this should have gone back to 1.

Raigeki: Given the current format, this to 1 isn't that bad tbh. People need to stop overreacting about it.

Except the whole point of a good format is where there's a great variety of playable decks and themes.

Raigeki doesn't hurt meta archetypes, since they can reassemble their field the next turn anyway. Instead, it hurts lower tier decks, which need all the boost they can get and that's not particularly helping.

God what are all you guys talking about Gorz is a very well designed card.  You have to wait in the Dark like a panther to drop Gorz... And it's been power creep'd to death...  At 3 puh-lease

Don't forget that with Pendulums, it's gonna be even harder to drop Gorz. That's actually why it is at 3 in the OCG, waiting for Gorz to be able to be triggered is like waiting for the bus when you're 15 minutes early with no music. It takes forever, and damn right you feel relieved when it finally arrives

Except the whole point of a good format is where there's a great variety of playable decks and themes.

Raigeki doesn't hurt meta archetypes, since they can reassemble their field the next turn anyway. Instead, it hurts lower tier decks, which need all the boost they can get and that's not particularly helping.

It also helps those decks get a one way out to Vanity's Emptiness. It might not have been the best way to get around that, but hey, they did it. Destruction cards are new way of saying "Forget about your dang lock, I got this". Playing a Non-Meta Deck that literally loses to Vanity's Emptiness, this means I can take out 1 MST and finally include a card that leaves for more options. I'm more relieved than ever

Sorry. Can't quote right now but I don't appriciate the Sarcasm. Always thought that Raigeki was one of the Big 7 at the time. Mostly every Deck now is going to have Raigeki and Dark Hole. Also don't get me started on the Boost this gives to DDT Decks...

Raigeki was one of the strongest Spells out there back in the day. It's even one of the pioneers that started up the list of limited cards long before cards were ever banned, and when the banlist was created it also pioneered in it as one of the first 7 Spell Cards in it. Reading wikia right now. Limited since lists started existing in May 2002, and officially banned in August 2004.

However, the game has gone way past those days. If you look at the format right now you'll see why it's not even a relevant move anymore. What do we have running around in the metagame right now?

-Shadolls: Its Fusion is often enough a +2 to make that thins the deck, which is already more than replacing itself. Raigeki would just about break even against a field of 3 monsters due to the nature of its combos. That is, if it wasn't because Shadoll Fusion Monsters give you back their Fusion Spell to do it again next turn, making you actually lose advantage when playing Raigeki against them (how messed up is that?).

-Burning Abyss: All 3 members (well, 4 with Dante) give you something else immediately after going to the Graveyard. Using Raigeki against their field when they have any Xyzs with Materials on them, which they will have, you'll probably translate the effect of Raigeki into:

"Destroy all monsters your opponent controls. Then your opponent Special Summons 1 Burning Abyss from their Deck, 1 from their Graveyard, searches 1 Tour Guide from the Underworld from their deck to their hand, and adds 1 Burning Abyss card from their Graveyard to their hand."

Pretty harmful huh?

-Wirms: They all search members of their Archetype when they are destroyed in any way, and one of them even revives itself when that happens. At worst they'll have the same number of monsters on the field after Raigeki goes to the Graveyard.

-Pendulums: You've probably seen how they go to the Extra Deck instead of the Graveyard, and how Pendulum Summon allows you to Special Summon as many monsters from your Extra Deck as you want to. You are not destroying them with Raigeki, you are just blasting them to next turn to no loss from their side whatsoever.

But it's not just about those, other decks and cards that are not topping right now are also able to laugh at Raigeki. Xyzs like Maestroke, Number 101, any Stardust Synchro, Beelze, HEROes have Shadow Mist, Hands are self explanatory, Supply Squad is plenty generic, even Madolches will go back to the hand if you were to just use Raigeki on them, just to name a few.

Raigeki can no longer become the momentary field wipe that blasted away the hard earned monsters from the opponent's field and let you connect a direct attack and consider it a decent push. There are no "hard earned monsters" anymore and the game is quick enough to safely assume it'll be as harmless as Dark Hole is, sharing more or less the same purposes, and maybe even less since Dark Hole destroying your own monsters is more of a combo starter than a drawback nowadays, if it makes anything at all to your own field that is.

Raigeki is not a bad move because of how powerful it is, but what's wrong is how insignificant it looks now, which is sad and tells a lot about what the game is like right now. You can see how little losing advantage like that actually matters against the game nowadays. It'd need to do something like banishing them or shuffling them back in the deck to be a thing nowadays.

Now with that said, Raigeki was not brought back as a measure to anything. It was probably just brought back after looking up what could theoretically be brought back with litte to no impact, which they do check ever once in a while. If they wanted to provide a tool for removal that did something at least disrupting, they would have moved Torrential at 2 over this.

If Raigeki does anything, is be debastating to rogue decks outside of the metagame's radar, which is something they'll only use among rogues vs rogues since I doubt said metagame will be really maining this commonly even against those.

• 2 months later...

Just commenting on the list, because I feel like I must.

Banned:

Absolutely nothing! Can't say I expected anything else.

Limited:

Glow-Up Bulb (from Forbidden) Okay... I guess.

Infernity Archfiend (new) Took you long enough, Konami.

Raigeki (from Forbidden) SANDAA BORUTO!!! I scream this everytime I use this card. It's awesome.

Soul Charge (new) Not banned? I is disappoint.

Super Polymerization (new) There are a LOT more problematic cards to hit in Shatrolls than S-Poly. Though I can't say it doesn't deserve the limit.

Semi-Limited:

Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind (from Limited) Finally.

Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (from Limited) Dangerous move. Gorz at 2 could cause chaos.

Ceasefire (from Limited) Bad move. Let's HIT Burn Decks, NOT boost them!

The Transmigration Prophecy (from Limited) What? This card exists?

Off the list:

Coach Soldier Wolfbark (from Limited) I don't like this card.

Magician of Faith (from Semi-Limited) No one uses it.

Formula Synchron (from Semi-Limited) With Fishborg Blaster gone, this card is useless.

Reinforcement of the Army (from Semi-Limited) Now, this is THE worst move since BLS was freed. This card means a Warrior Deck is three copies of this + 37 cards. Why did Konami do this?

Archived