Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post was taken from the SSS PM earlier last night:

to my fellow members,

I am leaving the Pokemon Showdown Club because of academic responsibilities. while this does sadden me, I will still be available to battle you guys whenever i get a break. I enjoyed my time in this club and i learned a lot of competitive knowledge from you guys. I guess this is farewell, but you'll still see me on the forum.

Um... yeah, about that...

I've gone on Showdown several times to see if Yemachu was online, and he hasn't been online since he sent me a PM. This leaves me wondering; if both players try to make their battle happen and neither one manages to do it before the set deadline, which one gets to advance?

Well for now keep trying, we'll figure things out soon if it doesn't work out. I'll send a PM to all the pairs shortly.

This post was taken from the SSS PM earlier last night:

to my fellow members,

I am leaving the Pokemon Showdown Club because of academic responsibilities. while this does sadden me, I will still be available to battle you guys whenever i get a break. I enjoyed my time in this club and i learned a lot of competitive knowledge from you guys. I guess this is farewell, but you'll still see me on the forum.

Sorry to see you go dude. You probably need to leave the PM yourself so it doesn't notify you. Should I take your name off the list entirely then? Good luck with life and stuffs.

Well for now keep trying, we'll figure things out soon if it doesn't work out. I'll send a PM to all the pairs shortly.

Sorry to see you go dude. You probably need to leave the PM yourself so it doesn't notify you. Should I take your name off the list entirely then? Good luck with life and stuffs.

That would be good. I'm still be available for battles whenever my schedule opens up though. And I'll still frequently check the thread

Well phil is one of  da best after all.

Darkness ya gotta think outside the box. The obvious plays don't work all the time. But I will say at least you've got a grasp on the basics.

But saving Zard-Y for a good revenge kill or for that Skarm might've been good.

What an evil Mew. XD gg guuuuys.

So now it's

Yuhi vs Spaz

Aman vs Giga

Stalfos vs Hyde

I guess I just have trouble deciding on if I should balance between Pokemon, meaning having Pokemon that compliment each other's weaknesses or to go all out and either have a heavy hitting or stalling team. I'm too indecisive. 

Well there's no real wrong answer. It all depends how you play, try each and see which feel better. Usually most go with balance though. At least one defensive, one specially defensive, covering weaknesses. For instance you have a Magnezone and a Tyranitar you're gonna want something that resists/is immune to Ground.

for starter and good cores i can recommend these :

Offensive : Gyardos + Gothitelle ( great offensive synergy, be careful since shadow tag is under suspect test now)

Defensive : Venusaur + Heatran (Great defensive cover-up and can go gamble with any offense)

Balance :Tyranitar + Excadrill ( smooth rock for setup then abuse with excadrill, simple yet effective synergy).

I guess I just have trouble deciding on if I should balance between Pokemon, meaning having Pokemon that compliment each other's weaknesses or to go all out and either have a heavy hitting or stalling team. I'm too indecisive. 

Dude,

2 tank, 2 Sweeper, 2 Utility/Coverage pokemon

make sure you have a big variation in types so 1 pokemon cant sweep an entire team. Lots of Coverage helps so you can counter a pokemon in the other team 1 of your sweepers will have difficulty with.

Look at my team for example:

Hawlucha: Main sweeper, very hard hitting and very fast, decent coverage

Serperior: Another sweeper, glare doubles as utility and Has dragon pulse for extra coverage

Ferrothorn: A good tank, it handles steel and poison types for the times where Clefable wont cut it

Clefable: SpD tank/stall

Altaria: Coverage, Fairy + Dragon + Fire moves for lots of coverage of different types.

Talonflame: extremely fast steel, fighting and grass coverage.

Speaking of Mega Sableye and Shadow Tag, opinions on the suspect test/possible ban from OU?

In other news. Tomorrow I work, and I will be working/sleeping from then to Saturday night. It's possible I won't be on until Sunday. So keep up the battles but know I won't be around until then.

Current battles, once more.

Yuhi vs Spaz

Stalfos vs Hyde

Aman vs Giga

Please respond to the PMs I sent/will send you. For if, by the time I am back, the battle hasn't happened I might have to move whichever one of you has proven to be actually trying to battle on to the next round.

We might have to wait a bit for the Sableye suspect, Zarel accidentally reset all the suspect ladders :/

I haven't played enough OU recently to decide whether Sableye's ban is justified but I've wanted Shadow Tag to be banned for well over a year now so I'm glad it's finally happening. I am pretty ban-happy in general so I'm sure no bad can come out of a Sableye ban.

I am pretty ban-happy in general

Of course you are why do you think you're a Showdown mod?

I won't really miss Shadow Tag because the only thing I ever used it on (M-Gengar) was banned ages ago.  M-Sableye I don't really use at all, so it won't do me any harm (in fact, it'll do me good by getting another wall out of the way for my sweepers to wreck house).  I have no actual right to be as irritated over its suspect test as I actually am, but I am for reasons I can't properly put into words.

Archived