Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flamethrower on Clefable is pretty standard because otherwise any generic Steel can come in and ruin your day, especially some stuff like SD Scizor that can just win off of that.
+6 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 165-194 (48.1 - 56.5%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
Standard bulky SD Scizor doesn't even come close to dying against a +6 Clefable.

Ferrothorn would also have a field day setting hazards against it and threatening it with Iron Head, so yeah, Flamethrower is a pretty important move, and mostly not that surprising unless you expect a cleric set.

Sorry, Pinky (btw gonna call you Pinky now), I didn't notice. ^^;

Anyway. See this member group thingy I got? Well it can be yours too! This is how.

If you had participated in a ranked tournament (are on the Ranking list) then you can buy membership to this for 1000 points a month (not 100% how it works, think you ask a mod). And if you're, at the end of this tournament (come on guys battle please), in the top 5. Then I will pay for your membership myself. :)

This will be taken into account at the end of this tournament.

Also guys. Guess what? The SSS is almost a year old!

Lol that was funny. Didn't know Monotype Randoms was even a thing. 

What other pokemon were on your team? Just being curious...

Monotype Randoms is only available when challenging another user. There isn't a ladder for it.

If I remember correctly, I had Scarf Rotom-Wash, Specs Jolteon, Mega Ampharos, Zapdos, and something else.

At that random battle. Plusle is actually pretty fun to get in Random XD And he failed that when he stayed in after Encore and let you set up, I think.

Wow Reptilious is a big threat apparently, Hyde lost!

Going into Torn instead of Swampert probably was the biggest mistake Hyde made there imo. Pert threatened the entire team. While Torn only did well against two of them. Unless you have a super slow Pert and was worried about Scarf?

Close one though, damn.

http://challonge.com/2j30trup

Still need Yuhi vs phil

and

Rai vs Yemachu

Archived