God Bless The King [OOC/PG-16/Started/Accepting]

Techi☺

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not really a "double post", but I think it would be more fair if other people took their turns as well. Patience is a virtue, after all~

I feel like that post of his was multiple turns, one action after another which assumes my handles would idle all the while. I'm tempted to post a defensive response, but if they say I can't, I won't lol.

I'll probably post tonight if it's allowed. I know people are busy, but I don't think the idea of everyone waiting their turn is super awesome, unless it's combat or something. How do dialogue posts fall in this respect?

Oh no, I'm not disagreeing with you at all! In my RP history, when you interact with someone, it doesn't count as a turn, but yes, each action that you take, like moving (at least in a combat situation), charging up a fireball, or attempting an attack, does take up a turn. I tend to follow character and player interaction similarly to D&D, which I believe everyone is familiar with here. And even if you don't know all of the advanced mechanics, even the basics of taking a turn should be a given. Which is why I say the post is such a train wreck; there are multiple turns going on at once and they all haven't resolved properly.

Ah, just to clarify - I meant no double posting in THIS thread. Double posting in the roleplay itself is also a no-no, of course, but. (Though in general I find it an impossibility to double-post in a roleplay; typically by the time my post is done there's nothing left for my character to do.)

That said, I'll probably post tomorrow. And Kuriboh (or anyone else) should be fine to post now that Yami's made a proper action, I think.

right after mentioning about trying to get a post together a bit over a week ago my computer decided to Blue Screen, managed to fix it now, though somewhat busy with stuff for TAFE, will try to catch up and make a post where plausible if I can sometime soon.

I wouldn't worry too much about "people taking their turns" just yet, especially since people are in different groups. It doesn't matter whether the people in the shop take their turns or not for the people at the fight scene. Right now what we need is to keep the roleplay moving. That said, I think today, either Rosalina should enter the shop or Maia should leave to ask around. It'll take me a while to post no matter what, so if you want to post, Arin, you have plenty of time. If not, well, I'll be able to post anyway :v

I'd post, but I have literally no idea what's going on. I'm confused as to what exactly is going on, so if someone could give me like a chronological order of events from Kane's clone coming back to the shop I should be able to confidently make a post.

Alright, I think I should be able to collect some information, in Kane's POV anyway.

The clone of Kane, who shouldn't really have been in Gnorfiend accidently leaked through; Headed straight for the shop and caused trauma for everyone, especially his real self; The real Kane followed him back and subdued the clone, shot off again for a while and threw him back to where he came from (By then, the clone would have been euthanised) and now I believe Kane's back to the front of the shop.

Mind you, Kane's real job back at home is... Well, I haven't told any of you that yet. I'll tweak my app later in the week to explain it. He's a freelancer in Gnorfiend is all I can give you so yeah, it's possible for him to open portals and make contact back to his home world and throw foreign objects out. Again, I should probably tweak my stuff later. He's a more recent resident only living in Gnorfiend for four, maybe five weeks as opposed to everyone else who lived may be a bit longer.

I'd post, but I have literally no idea what's going on. I'm confused as to what exactly is going on, so if someone could give me like a chronological order of events from Kane's clone coming back to the shop I should be able to confidently make a post.

Hoooo boy. It's a bit tricky, since Kane is involved, but here goes.

1. Kane notices that everyone is staring at him weird and runs away, casting Chaos Aeroga for no reason whatsoever while he's at it.
  2. There are like a billion evil clones of Kane for no reason. (???)
  3. One of those clones came through the umpteenth portal Kane's opened up, then started going on a rampage.
  4. Kane went back to the shop and asked everyone for help containing the clone.
  5. Maia basically went "WTF," then started trying to calm down Daphne and Fayyad. They were presumably in the shop fortifying it for a while. (This is now. Everything until point 9 is a "meanwhile.")
  6. Meanwhile: Rosalina came and said she'd help Kane.
  7. But Kane OHKO'd the evil clone by himself anyway (just roll with it).
  8. Kane started running several miles before throwing the clone in the portal. Since that takes a while, at this time in game, he's still gone.
  9. Meanwhile: Luke killed some bears for no reason (???). He attacked Ian and Katrina for no reason (???), so they're all fighting. They're apparently quite close to the shop. Thus far, Luke is losing. (This is now. Since I think Luke and Daphne are both Royal Mages, might Daphne recognize Luke?)

NOTE: Luke said the people in the shop were "trapped," but I can't fathom what they could possibly be trapped by, so I'm electing to ignore that sentence. Does that help?

Venus Aphrodite

[spoiler=age]Venus is five thousand five hundred and tweevle.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=gender]female [/spoiler]

[spoiler=race]Human[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Appearance] She is five foot ten, with pale skin. Her hair is a mixture of white, silver, and gold. Her face is completely smooth expect for a few wrickles under eyes and a small scar on her cheek. She looks youthful minus the few wrinkles and white hair she has. She has cherry red cheeks and her eyes are a keen green that feel like they perce through your soul.
She wears gold and white dresses, she also wears a royal purple and scarlet red military uniform. Around her neck she wears a green beaded neckless and on her arms she wears a golden bracelet. She radiances a royal fell. She is well look after and if her hair isn't flowing down her shoulders, its tied up in a military style bun.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=personality]Venus is a lover and a queen. She is extremely loyal to Ian who she searches for so she may be at peace again. She is also commanding and extermly skilled at both magic and weapon play. She waste little time and doesn't care for nonsense. She is a compassionate person who cares for others safety. She is used to taking care of others and does not like others looking after her. She is wise and has been considered a teacher, she enjoyed teaching others and spreading her knowledge.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=bio]Venus is part of an advance civilization, that start its noble roots wandering the world and once Venus' path came across Ian, he was her first and last love. Ian was also her teacher in magic(she was twenty at this time). He taught her how to command the world without mana and in exchange she gave him, her inner light. It was a small portion of it. Her power was not even tamed yet, after some time she had to leave Ian. However, every day she practiced and unlocked her full power which in return made her imortial. Her people made her, their queen and they built a grand kingdom. She taught them the teachings of Ian and they to learned how to use magic without mana, during this time she ordered that two grand weapons be made for her so that she may challenge the wild with a grand power. A sword and a spear. However she was not content, after so long of being a queen she fled the kingdom, leaving power to a steawar .
She began to search for Ian, however his once great home was no more than ashes. She began to follow reports of him a cross the globe.Always it seemed she was either a day later or and hour short and she has been hot on his trail. She only recently came to the island kingdom and yet her search has not brought her to her love.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=weapons]Venus weilds a spear and a sword. Both weapons are made out of gold and are reinforced with light. The spears name is lynx and the swords name is link. Both names are engraved on the weapons. In the handle of the sworded is a blood red diamond. The weapons were hand crafted for Venus her self by expert craftsmen. The were then enchanted by herself with light. They were made in a great forge in the heart of a mountain. The sword is two feet long and the the spear is six feet long.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Magic]Venus magic is mainly light with a hint of nature and she calls in the sky for power rather than use mana. She cast her spells using a serious of hand gestures.
[spoiler=Orb of light] creates an orb of light that illuminates a small area an harms darkness that it touches.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=vanish] cause Venus to telaport and cause a bright light.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=ball of light] creates condense light that wounds darkness, can create a valley of beams of light[/spoiler]
[spoiler=earthshacker] cause a mini earthquake that knocks Venus' enemies off balance[/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Don't worry chaotic I will add a picture of what the weapons look like.

Hoooo boy. It's a bit tricky, since Kane is involved, but here goes.

1. Kane notices that everyone is staring at him weird and runs away, casting Chaos Aeroga for no reason whatsoever while he's at it.
  2. There are like a billion evil clones of Kane for no reason. (???)
  3. One of those clones came through the umpteenth portal Kane's opened up, then started going on a rampage.
  4. Kane went back to the shop and asked everyone for help containing the clone.
  5. Maia basically went "WTF," then started trying to calm down Daphne and Fayyad. They were presumably in the shop fortifying it for a while. (This is now. Everything until point 9 is a "meanwhile.")
  6. Meanwhile: Rosalina came and said she'd help Kane.
  7. But Kane OHKO'd the evil clone by himself anyway (just roll with it).
  8. Kane started running several miles before throwing the clone in the portal. Since that takes a while, at this time in game, he's still gone.
  9. Meanwhile: Luke killed some bears for no reason (???). He attacked Ian and Katrina for no reason (???), so they're all fighting. They're apparently quite close to the shop. Thus far, Luke is losing. (This is now. Since I think Luke and Daphne are both Royal Mages, might Daphne recognize Luke?)

NOTE: Luke said the people in the shop were "trapped," but I can't fathom what they could possibly be trapped by, so I'm electing to ignore that sentence. Does that help?

Ok. This clears things up a little bit, so I should be able to make a post by the end of the day today.

Ok. This clears things up a little bit, so I should be able to make a post by the end of the day today.

I kind of hope somebody is a healer in this group, Luke is about to die God of War style. And I don't exactly think less people is the best way to go, but in the name of consistency, Katrina has to do what she's gotta do. Maybe someone heard Vanilor's roar?

Regarding Kuriboh's app: Have what we taught you been thrown out the fucking window? Everything seems off from top to bottom. Venus' age seems to be a bit surreal for a human. Appearance and Personality are slightly off, better start this time but instead, the problems are now the other way round (Same questions as last time, though so this should be easy to fix). Bio needs more depth, we need to explore where Venus got her weapon from and herself in general.  Speaking of weapons though, it's WAY below par. What about the full details? Where did it derive from? What does it actually look like (Mind you, what you put there is a bit too vague)? Did the weapon have any elements bestowed to it? Did it have any other owners prior to Venus? That section should be about 4-8 lines minimum.

Sorry, but I'll have to reject this until it's fixed. I'm sure SG is with me on that one.

Looks like the spells are extremely similar to the first character? At any rate, I'm almost always on my phone lol. We make due. I didn't know we could have second handles!

Two spells are the same considering Ian was her teacher and she gave some of her power.

Sorry about the double posting don't know how to remove this one.):

I kind of hope somebody is a healer in this group, Luke is about to die God of War style. And I don't exactly think less people is the best way to go, but in the name of consistency, Katrina has to do what she's gotta do. Maybe someone heard Vanilor's roar?

Rosalina heard Luke's screaming in her last post, so now she's deciding if it would be better to stay with Maia and company, or go and attempt to find Luke and company. Rosalina is kind of a drifter right now; she doesn't particularly belong to any kind of group. ;_;

Maia is a cleric so I'd assume she can heal. If Rosalina can convince Maia to go with her then she can heal Luke and when Rosalina sees Katrina and Luke fighting, she's probably going to flip her shit.

@Kuriboh: At this time, I believe each player can only have one character.

@Arin: Maia will certainly go with Rosalina and propose to heal Luke, especially if Daphne wants to go investigate her co-worker's... odd, violent behaviour. I'll have to post later, though - it's the last week of classes and projects are sneaking up on me. ^^;;

Archived