God Bless The King [OOC/PG-16/Started/Accepting]

Techi☺

Ah, yes, sorry. Thanks for reminding me. ^^;;

Well, you're looking much better! You're close enough to the length requirements that I don't really care to quibble over that. I do want to quibble over a few things, though:

1. Elves, as far as I'm aware, are short. If he "towers over most humans," he doesn't look like an elf anymore. Though I have to say, again - six feet doesn't "tower over" anyone. The average male height in 'Murrica is 5' 9 1/2"; I see no reason to believe Gnorfiend doesn't work by similar standards. I don't know where people are getting this conception that six feet is super incredibly tall... (I know six feet was tall in actual Medieval times, but looking at the heights of the people we've recruited so far, I don't think we're going by medieval standards.)
  2. What, specifically, is his attitude towards "the darkness?" Is it that he'll grit his teeth and do what has to be done if evil arises in his path? Does he take pleasure in justly smiting the wicked? Is he a crusader of sorts, dedicating his life to seeking and destroying "the darkness?" As it is it seems like he's kind of drifting his way through life, enjoying emotion, not really looking for much of anything... so how has his attitude towards "the darkness" changed over time? And  how do you think it might change when the Shadow Walkers attack? (since the Shadow Walkers are the actual plot of this, that's a fairly important thing to cover, I think.)
  3. On that note, what is "the darkness," exactly? "Dark and evil force enshrouded in darkness" is rather vague. I'd like to know exactly what forces attacked his forest, if they were the Shadow Walkers (because if he's a nature spirit he presumably IS old enough to have encountered them), whether they still exist, and how he opposes them.
  4. Does he know any martial arts, or does he purely stick with his magic? Either is acceptable, of course.
  5. Ont he topic of magic: We have three healers already. My character's a dedicated healer, Fayyad's an off-healer, and Kane can basically do everything. So be aware that as it stands, Orb of Light won't get much use. It doesn't really fit his personality or goals, either - wouldn't it be better if Orb of Light were an anti-Darkness weapon? He seems to be a fairly solitary person, romantic flings aside, so it seems a bit odd that he'd be able to heal human beings.
  6. And while you're at it, what procedure does he have to go through to cast his magic? Maia prays; Daphne uses incantations; Fayyad uses complex alchemical brews; Kane does little dances - what does Ian do? It's something that will come up in the game, and it's a cute little bit of flavour that adds a lot to an app. Even if he just thinks and instantly materializes his magic, you should probably mention that.

This isn't exactly a super advanced RP, so if you fix that stuff I thiiiink you should be good to go. Again, just look at what everyone else is doing for cues and you should be fine. Ah, and do be aware you prooobably won't be getting up to too much action at first, since we seem to be convening on a duel between two other players. Let me know when you've edited your app and I'll take another look at it.

Thanks for working with us, and I look forward to playing with you :3

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It needs confirmation from SG now, but I think you're good to go...

Consider everything we told you a valuable lesson for when you host a RP of your own, or join another original RP that is a lot stricter than this one, GCRP especially. I shit myself looking at their IC posts.. T_T

I don't thiiiink one already exists. I think you should probably move closer, though - I didn't think the shop was suuuuper close to the outskirts of the city, though I'm sure given events that it's closer to the edge than the centre, and it kind of informed my descriptions of the city in my earlier posts, I think. But in the end it's honestly up to you. :u

I can make one. I have a neat little program that allows world map creation in Photoshop~

Aah, Inheritance Cycle elves would have been tall, wouldn't they. All I remember about the elves in that is that they were practically perfect in every way. >_>;

I went and checked the apps we have, and it seems like elves are literally just humans with pointy ears in this universe. Balok is 6' 1", which is about where you'd expect a reasonably tall human male to stand, and Vellan is rather slight. Unless dark elves are more than just elves with the colour palette reversed in this world, I think that should stand?

Aah, Inheritance Cycle elves would have been tall, wouldn't they. All I remember about the elves in that is that they were practically perfect in every way. >_>;

Basically. ^.^ But because in the inheritance world, elves are beings that were, a long time ago, intertwined with the essence of dragons. They are more like dragon human hybrids in a strict sense. And though it wasn't always that way, it certainly is at present for the ancestors if those elves. Also, they had a strong relationship with magic/mana.

Nah, he ain't calling it quits.

He's just trying to gather stuff together. Give him time, I'd say.

Rest in peace, dear Fayyad... :P

There's a residential street with several houses. Kane lives in one of them at the moment, there might be more living down there, but we don't know who yet.

A shop run by Fayyad. You could put that there.

Then there's a castle where Vellan resides.

Those are the three vital areas of Gnorfiend at the moment. You'll have to collect information from other RPers.

Oh, that one. I would definitely encourage creativity, so be as imaginative as you want with that. Gnorfiend's Mainland would be big I would say though, but only Techi knows everything around here and he basically legged it somewhere. I don't even know where he went either, haven't seen him in my RP for just over a fortnight.

For now, it's probably best to look up some existing Fantasy world maps and get inspiration.

Well SG chaotic said it need to be confirmed by you now. What do you say ?

1. Just to make sure - he can't use dark magic, right? It'd be totally OOC for him to actually use it, surely...
  2. Uh, again, what's the dark force that destroyed the forest, exactly?
  3. You're gonna want to nerf Orb of Light; my understanding is that Shadow Walkers are kind of a big deal. If it only damages Shadow Walkers instead of obliterating them, that should be fine.
  4. Again - does he tower over humans or is he only six feet tall? Personally I prefer the latter, though I admit I'm surprised a nature spirit is so tall to begin with. Either way works; just be consistent.

Getting there :3

Re: Kuriboh - Well no but why would he want to use dark magic? If he wants to exterminate all dark magic I can't think of a single reason he'd go to the trouble of learning how to use it. I mean, it doesn't exactly mesh with his light/nature stick, does it? I think you'd be fine just dropping the dark magic altogether and sticking with nature and (sun)light magic.

Re: Arin - That sounds oddly fun :v Maybe if Elly hasn't posted by tomorrow just go ahead, to keep things moving along?

Archived