Digimon Tri: 90's kids... y'all ready for some nostalgia?

Yea, that was an April fools joke. From what I can still its still starting some time this month, we just have NO idea when

Yet, even though it should be this month, we're already at mid-April but haven't gotten a single PV or airdate yet. Isn't that a little weird?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard this was being delayed to July. Which is a shame, but this does give me a bit more incentive to go back and watch Digimon S1 to see what the deal was and maybe watch this if it's good.

well damn, that really sucks, was looking forward to this

Yea, that was an April fools joke. From what I can still its still starting some time this month, we just have NO idea when

good then

No matter how good it will be, we all know that Sora end up with Matt in the end and that sucks.

Not necessarily. They could retcon season 2 and make Sora and Matt apart. Tai clearly had feelings for her too, so it would be interesting to maybe see another WarGreymon vs MetalGarurumon battle to win Sora's hand. They could also just pretend that 02 never happened. I mean it's been quite a while since it aired, so people might have forgotten SoraxMatt. I would have had I no seen it recently anyways.

Not necessarily. They could retcon season 2 and make Sora and Matt apart. Tai clearly had feelings for her too, so it would be interesting to maybe see another WarGreymon vs MetalGarurumon battle to win Sora's hand. They could also just pretend that 02 never happened. I mean it's been quite a while since it aired, so people might have forgotten SoraxMatt. I would have had I no seen it recently anyways.

WarGreymon vs MetalGarurumon would be awesome. Taichi and Matt using their digimon to fight over a girl though...not so much. They should be bros before hoes bffs by then.

Yet, even though it should be this month, we're already at mid-April but haven't gotten a single PV or airdate yet. Isn't that a little weird?

No, it is very weird. Which is why I believed it when I saw it. ATM we have no idea whats happening with the show. It is very likely to have been pushed back, but it could still air this month.

I do find it very odd that they haven't shown ANYTHING involving the 02 characters, but calling it Tri means they aren't ignoring the season.

WarGreymon vs MetalGarurumon would be awesome. Taichi and Matt using their digimon to fight over a girl though...not so much. They should be bros before hoes bffs by then.

Yea, them fighting overr the girl, especially when Tai accepted it and they seemed cool during the 02 post series movie makes me not like the idea.

It's times like that I wish that I had taken more Japanese lessons than none at all.

I took Japanese for 2 years. Unless you keep with it, your going to lose it fast. Same is true of any language really. Lucky for us the internet is helpful in aiding with translation.

But anyway, its nice to know we'll be getting some news soon.

I know its a bit random but I hope they take inspiration from the PSP game of Digimon Adventure and add Warp Digivolution's for the rest of the 01 Digidestined. Always irked me that only Matt and Tai got them....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3AoqinpX4

Also the whole Power Level thing has always confused me. I only know up to Tamers so sorry for anyone who watched further then that. I always thought the order was

Baby - In Training - Rookie - Armor - Champion - Ultimate - Mega/Warp/Biomerge.

Am I missing anything? I always thought Armor was a Level between Rookie and Champion becaquse of the Black Spires.

Am I missing anything? I always thought Armor was a Level between Rookie and Champion becaquse of the Black Spires.

You missed DNA which is usually either Ultimate or Mega depending on the Digimon who fused. I think Armor is on the same level as Champion and sometimes it's Ultimate too. 

I know its a bit random but I hope they take inspiration from the PSP game of Digimon Adventure and add Warp Digivolution's for the rest of the 01 Digidestined. Always irked me that only Matt and Tai got them....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3AoqinpX4

Also the whole Power Level thing has always confused me. I only know up to Tamers so sorry for anyone who watched further then that. I always thought the order was

I'm not sure about season 6, but in the first 5 digimon seasons the bulk of the main cast wasn't able to reach Mega. It was normally done to spot light the leads, though hopefully they will let the others be more useful. I mean Tai and Matt do have DNA Digivolve.

As for power level Armor about as strong as champion, maybe a tad weaker since once the kids get normal evolution they more or less stop using armor.

I think it's because only WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon were already created back then.

I feel like the other kids could have gotten Megas, but again they wanted to spot light Tai and Matt which is why only they got them.

Finally, AIR DATES! Hype train is reaching a critical level.

i never would of thought for a second that youd be into Digimon, and my hype train was already at a critical level when it was first announced, though now my hype train has pretty much gone off the rails and gone rampaging through the town

[spoiler=pretty poster]U3DQ4hv.jpg[/spoiler]

On Wednesday May 6th at roughly 22:45, after the marathon completes, we'll have major news about "tri."! The PV for Part 1, chosen children and cast info, medium info, schedule... and other surprises!

So....5/6 is NOT the airdate.

Yeah, this ain't airing this season, is it...

• 2 weeks later...

I still remember my days as a kid watching the first season of pokemon on TV abd being enticed by it every morning,  I remember Watching The Original Digimon, and always smiling. I remember watching the original Yu-Gi-OH! And became super intrested in it. I remember better days of the 90's. I miss the old cartoons, and everything of it,  I will FOREVER be a 90's Kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived