Digimon Tri: 90's kids... y'all ready for some nostalgia?

Definitely no chance.  

They'll give charizard his Mega-Evo...but of course it's going to be X cause cool dragon typing.  

and If Greymon gets to wargreymon, and wargreymon being a dramon slayer...

Dramon = Dragon-Type?  

It's not even a match tbh.  Greymon is the superman this time around.  

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that its Greymon. It feels like an intentional handicap since not giving it access to it TWO high forms makes the fight so hollow.

And yea, I hadn't even considered the dramon slayers. I mean, even without them I don't think Charizard X would have a chance since the power level in Digimon is higher imo.

Well after finally finishing the first 4 episodes I have a few things I wanna mention

- Things seem promising but nothing Tamers level great

- Meicoomon is adorable

- I love Meicoomon

- I NEED more Meicoomon

- Alphamon was pretty cool but im really unhappy that they threw Omegamon this early at us

- Love the way the new evolution animations look

- Meicoomon is funking high waifu material

- The new girl seems really bland but ill hold back on criticizing her since its the first few episodes still

- MEICOOMON

- Am I too obsessed with Meicoomon?

Also to hell with this whole Greymon Vs. Charizard sheet, its a fight that makes no sense except for the fact that theyre both orange and have scales.

Finally done with the first...series of episodes...I guess. Can we all just appreciate how Izzy/Koushiro gives NEGATIVE f***s about group conflict when it's reading time and only stop when Joe revealed he has a girlfriend.

A lot of backlash with Taichi's characterization but come on, he's a lot older and more matured now. I think it was natural character development for Taichi. We've seen him go through similar realizations -- along the lines of, "s***, this could be REALLY bad." But I don't think even during the fight with Myotismon they realized the collateral damage that THEY could do, not just the bad guys. I think that goes down to childhood naivety. And honestly, it mirrors the original shows pretty well. How often when you were a kid did you honestly think, "Oh, well, a bunch of people just died in that random Meteor Wing attack from Birdramon." You were worried about getting the bad guy! You assumed people could only get hurt by the bad guys, and if you could beat the bad guy... No collateral damage.

I'm ok with them showing Omegamon this early since they're fighting a legitimate opponent.

Also, even Mimi ships Taichi and Yamato

12342773_10208394119350244_2192802389149

Finally done with the first...series of episodes...I guess. Can we all just appreciate how Izzy/Koushiro gives NEGATIVE f***s about group conflict when it's reading time and only stop when Joe revealed he has a girlfriend.

A lot of backlash with Taichi's characterization but come on, he's a lot older and more matured now. I think it was natural character development for Taichi. We've seen him go through similar realizations -- along the lines of, "s***, this could be REALLY bad." But I don't think even during the fight with Myotismon they realized the collateral damage that THEY could do, not just the bad guys. I think that goes down to childhood naivety. And honestly, it mirrors the original shows pretty well. How often when you were a kid did you honestly think, "Oh, well, a bunch of people just died in that random Meteor Wing attack from Birdramon." You were worried about getting the bad guy! You assumed people could only get hurt by the bad guys, and if you could beat the bad guy... No collateral damage.

I'm ok with them showing Omegamon this early since they're fighting a legitimate opponent.

Also, even Mimi ships Taichi and Yamato

12342773_10208394119350244_2192802389149

I never got why Izzy didnt stop reading and theres a few other minor nitpicky things like that but those are extremely minor and forgettable.

Definitely agree with Tais more mature personality its much more fitting and makes more sense.

I think my main issue with them bringing up Omegamon this early is just how hes supposed to be a more grand character and there should have been more of a build up to his first reveal, I know you can argue that hes against a fitting opponent which is true but I just think it would have been better if they didnt really think of using Omegamon and maybe sometime in the aftermath bring up the idea of using him if Alphamon were to comeback or something.

I never got why Izzy didnt stop reading and theres a few other minor nitpicky things like that but those are extremely minor and forgettable.

He probably got used to all the drama from their adventures as kids. Still found it funny and was one of the highlight for me.

I think my main issue with them bringing up Omegamon this early is just how hes supposed to be a more grand character and there should have been more of a build up to his first reveal, I know you can argue that hes against a fitting opponent which is true but I just think it would have been better if they didnt really think of using Omegamon and maybe sometime in the aftermath bring up the idea of using him if Alphamon were to comeback or something.

I rather have Omegamon than the writers to go around it then wrote a lame/lazy/bullshit reason why they didn't jagroon evolve and using the failure of beating Alphamon to go to the "I've made this happen because I wasn't game" route when they could've easily avoid that with Omegamon in the first place. There's no dark tower/evil rings and the other digidestine are getting their megas anyway.

I rather have Omegamon than the writers to go around it then wrote a lame/lazy/bullshit reason why they didn't jagroon evolve and using the failure of beating Alphamon to go to the "I've made this happen because I wasn't game" route when they could've easily avoid that with Omegamon in the first place. There's no dark tower/evil rings and the other digidestine are getting their megas anyway.

I get what you mean though I feel that it was safe to sacrifice it in this case because it would help make a more stronger reveal.

I just felt it sucked that the ultimate and mega forms appeared without the digivolution animations for them. It's such a tease that we'll have to wait until the next quartet to see them. Also Mimi best character and shipper. Also also, Meicoomon is now my head canon rookie for Mikemon.

I just felt it sucked that the ultimate and mega forms appeared without the digivolution animations for them. It's such a tease that we'll have to wait until the next quartet to see them. Also Mimi best character and shipper. Also also, Meicoomon is now my head canon rookie for Mikemon.

Eh I think it might be unlikely that Meicoomon is related to Mikemon. It just would seem weird for a Main Coon to evolve to a Calico. That and I prefer the idea of Meicoomon being separate.

• 2 months later...

Oy vey, why's my boy Digimon Kaiser back? Ken was great and he deserves less suffering than that...whas goin' on with the 02 crew damnit

Trailer looked really nice and already we got a slight tidbit about the third episode at the end there. One of the texts there said "Goodbye Takeru" and that sounds ominous, reminds me of early 01.

Really nice to see Ogremon too, hope he's not evil for long.

From the way the 02 Kids were displayed in the First ep, I figured they died lol. But seriously, glad to see they're okay... kinda...? I'm guessing from the trailer they're possessed/controlled or something along those lines?

Huckmon was in the last chunk of the last episode, so I'm not surprised, just curious as to how he fits in. Also looks like the others finally get Megas, or at least for now Mimi and Joe. Not much else to say, assuming its been discussed already.

• 2 weeks later...

Trailer was interesting, but seeing as I don't speak Japanese nor read Kanji, I have no idea what to make of it o.o Kinda seems like Joe is gonna be getting more focus which is good. Joe's probably the most well rounded character. And of course New Girl needs some screen time. Otherwise all I got was that Mimi's like a super hotty now or something and there's going to be more Digimon fighting. Still excited, just not really sure what to expect.

Based on the promo images and such, Mimi and Joe look to be the focal characters for the next batch of episodes. This is good since they were to least used of the original 8

Agreed. Which I'm happy about because Joe was always one of my favorite characters. I do hope they give more screen time to Meiko though. As it is, it seems like her role is simply to be a possible love interest for Tai and exist.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeennn <3

Looks like the Digimon Emperor's going to make a comeback - I really do wonder what happened to the 02 kids. Also, seeing Leomon and Ogremon again was lovely. And some extra focus on Joe and Mimi would be absolutely wonderful, I have to say.

Okay, I need to say it, there is no way this is getting dubbed, unless by Funimation.

There was a reason I say this: With a few exceptions, Funimation managed to reunite the cast of Slayers a decade after Slayers Try, and Hyperdimension Neptunia for the anime. Bottom Line, unless Funimation can pull a miracle and reunite the original cast from Digimon Season 1 for Tri, there is no way this is gonna be dubbed in English.

not that i care for english dubs but there's nothing preventing them from just replacing VAs.

The whole point of Tri (well a major one) is to play into the nostalgia of the original series. Not having the original VAs would dampen that a lot. Don't get me wrong, there is something to be said about all the American fans watching it in Japanese, voice a lot likely never heard, but if they were actually in English it would be weird for a lot of people to hear different voices come out of the characters' mouthes.

Archived