Digimon Tri: 90's kids... y'all ready for some nostalgia?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nuuuh its not until November, ah well seeing Omnimon will definitely be sweet

Hopefully it will follow the recent Pokemon Red Anime and feature key parts rather then just be filler. I don't want a 3 Hour Total Filler arc of Tai and Matt hitting on Sora.

ugh that would be annoying

Okay, so I've got until November to rewatch the first series, good. I've got a lot of anime on my plate right now.

yeah im probably going to spend the time rewatching the first series too, i barely remember it and ive only rewatched a bit out of Adventure 2 and Tamers

This is from Wikipedia, now I know I shouldn't copy and paste from Wikipedia, but this may help us out on what exactly we are in for
"Digimon tri. will be a 6-part theatrical film series, with the first film Saikai (roughly translated to Reunion), to be released on November 21, 2015."

Well, if they're calling it films then, we can expect at least an hour of content, I'm sure. Promising.

BUT

this does mean that, it will take around half a year for the blurays of the films to come out. meaning we won't get subs until then ;_; unless they stream the movie somehow

BUT

this does mean that, it will take around half a year for the blurays of the films to come out. meaning we won't get subs until then ;_; unless they stream the movie somehow

it will be torture if thats what will happen

Well this is a bunch of bull. I feel a bit let down really.

I guess I'll probably end up re-watching the original over the summer too, so I can enjoy the new episodes fully when they eventually come out.

Well, if they're calling it films then, we can expect at least an hour of content, I'm sure. Promising.

BUT

The first part of four Tamayura films came out on BD simultaneously with the theater release and was subbed within the month (although I haven't seen it yet). Let's not get our hopes up, but either way, it's still too early to know the BD release date. We may not have to wait half a year even if they don't stream. Or we might. Let's not get our hopes up; I'm just saying there's another possibility that probably won't happen-pri.

Character designs look nice and all (and Mat looks even more like me than he used to, awk), but im worried about that animation quality. Maybe i'm just seeing things, but there seems to be a distinct lack of frames in there. I know Toei likes to cut corners, but still.

Character designs look nice and all (and Mat looks even more like me than he used to, awk), but im worried about that animation quality. Maybe i'm just seeing things, but there seems to be a distinct lack of frames in there. I know Toei likes to cut corners, but still.

Toei have never really been good at animation. Pray with the rest of us that the fact that it's a 6 parter thing mean the quality will be high. W-We can hope right? 

So, the series isn't going to happen until November. And its a 6 part movie type thing. These are both...............unexpected turns. I mean, assuming the 6 parts are decently spaced out this will likely be going on until this time next year.

Agree with Akame, lets hope this taking so long to start and only being 6 parts means we'll have some higher quality stuff.

BUT

It depends on who gets the licensing rights to it. If Funimation picks it up then we might get it subbed within the month of not immediately. If Aniplex picks it up though..... Yeah you ain't getting it. Anyone who disagrees there, they just did the second P3 movie and the third has been out for a while now.

I honestly liked how it looked. Yeah it wasn't amazingly animated, but everything looks fine. Even if it's not Fate/Zero quality it's not like Digimon was brilliantly animated before, so I'm willing to let that part slide. If it is just shipping filler though then I'm going to be annoyed. That being said the appearance of Greymon fighting Kuwagamon and Omnimon vs Alphamon (I th that's what that was) is a pretty clear sign that it's probably not.

I honestly liked how it looked. Yeah it wasn't amazingly animated, but everything looks fine. Even if it's not Fate/Zero quality it's not like Digimon was brilliantly animated before, so I'm willing to let that part slide. If it is just shipping filler though then I'm going to be annoyed. That being said the appearance of Greymon fighting Kuwagamon and Omnimon vs Alphamon (I th that's what that was) is a pretty clear sign that it's probably not.

There's a difference between having no budget and cutting corners on something that should look good. Adventure was originally supposed to be like 12 episodes and existed to plug tamagotchi knock offs. The franchise frankly deserves better treatment these days with the pedigree it has now. Hence why I'm worried.

Oh I know but it was just a thought that crossed my mind

It would be interesting, especially since I wouldn't mind getting to see the Tamers and Frontier cast again. But like, they haven't even commented on the 02 cast who are in this continuity so won't hold my breath for anyone past that.

Archived