Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

I think we just happened to qualify a few things.  Your original rulings post wasn't actually super long.

Here are some basic ones:
●A monster not currently on the field when "Disasterman" attacks it is always treated as being in Attack Position. So, if your opponent tries to activate the effect of "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" to destroy a card you control, you can have "Disasterman" declare an attack on "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit", it will be destroyed by battle, and your opponent will take damage equal to the current ATK of "Disasterman". The effect of "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" does not resolve, as it was not sent to the Graveyard by its own effect.
●As Tribute Summoned monsters (or pseudo-Tribute-Summoned monsters, like "Lava Golem" and the like) must be identified before the Tributed monsters leave the field, if you choose to attack such a monster in the hand with "Disasterman", and that monster's ATK is less than that of "Disasterman", the monster(s) that would be Tributed remains on the field.
●Because the effect of "Disasterman" immediately declares an attack, it cannot be negated by an effect that negates effects, like "Solemn Strike". However, it is vulnerable to any cards that would activate in response to an attack, such as "Necro Gardna". In addition, if your opponent controls no monsters when "Disasterman" attacks a monster in their hand or Extra Deck, cards and effects that activate in response to a direct attack (like "Drowning Mirror Force") can be activated.

[spoiler Disasterman]
Disasterman
FIRE - Level 9 - Warrior/Fusion/Effect - 2200/1400
1 WIND monster + 1 FIRE monster + 1 EARTH monster
Cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a monster would be Summoned, or the effect of your opponent's monster activates, this monster can attack that monster (this effect can activate outside the Battle Phase). This monster gains the following effects if 1 or more monsters of the following Types was used as Fusion Material for this monster's Summon:
●Warrior: If this monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of the destroyed monster.
●Fiend: This monster gains 300 ATK and DEF for each card your opponent controls.
●Rock: If this monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon the destroyed monster to your side of the field with its effects negated at the end of the Damage Step.

I believe the biggest ruling addendum made in this thread was the clarification that it can only attack monsters that could be summoned on their own rather than monsters that would be summoned off a Spell/Trap effect.

However, reading through, I would say that you should note that Disasterman doesn't purely negate effects.  The way the rulings currently sound, it kinda seems like the attack target's effects would be negated even once the battle concludes.  What Disasterman seems like it should do is basically "negate" all effects that would move a monster from one place to another as its cost.  For example, something like "Volcanic Shell" wouldn't be negated if it activated its effect (then attacked by Disasterman) because it wouldn't actually be leaving the Graveyard upon resolution.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a monster would be Summoned...

Disasterman is the only monster in the game that can respond to another monster attempting to Tribute it

To be honest, I disagree with this ruling. Cards like Solemn Strike, which also hit "when a monster would be Summoned", do not prevent the Tributing of a monster for a Tribute Summon, an Solemn Striking a Kaiju only happens after the monster has been Tributed. Also, when a monster would be Summoned it is no longer in the Extra Deck/in the hand/GY etc. but I guess the attacking in the Extra Deck would still apply if a monster effect activated there.

But yeah, this is just my input.

EDIT: Also, expect progress on Xage soon! I've been very lax on my AGM work, but I finally have inspiration to work on that set. Phantom Code might take a bit longer, but it is coming too.

Tinkerer, the issue isn't that the "negation" only affects things that resolve by moving, it's that Volcanic Shell is unique in that regard- it's one of the few cards that activates an effect in the Graveyard, without a trigger based on when/how/from where it was sent (or that it was sent), or one that removes itself from the Graveyard. Also, thanks for the reminder regarding Drowning Mirror Force specifically.

I wasn't sure how to word it at the time (and, even knowing now, the effect text would be unnecessarily long word salad), but that was always the intent, Dova. Tribute Summons, and Special Summons that Tribute a monster as cost, that get interrupted by Disasterman's effect, leave the Tribute fodder on board. The exception, of course, is ED Summons, which overlay/send to grave before confirmation, but Kaijus and Tribute Summons confirm what's coming out before it shows up.

I wasn't sure how to word it at the time (and, even knowing now, the effect text would be unnecessarily long word salad), but that was always the intent, Dova. Tribute Summons, and Special Summons that Tribute a monster as cost, that get interrupted by Disasterman's effect, leave the Tribute fodder on board. The exception, of course, is ED Summons, which overlay/send to grave before confirmation, but Kaijus and Tribute Summons confirm what's coming out before it shows up.

What? It sounds like you're agreeing with me in the bolded section, but your point is exactly what I disagree with. True, they reveal the monster coming out first, but they Tribute before they would be Summoned as it were. What your rulings currently have at the moment in regards to the Kaiju/Tribute Summoning is "would be Tributed for a Summon" as the Summon hasn't actually started to occur yet.

Of course, I could just be misunderstanding you. Again.

The part you disagree with its what I intended, but Disasterman was made before I could clarify it in the card's text. Essentially, it was made when Monarch shenanigans were rampant, and I made something that could protect itself and the rest of your board from an incoming Stormforth with just a tiny ATK boost. It just so happened that Kaijus came out afterward, and Gameciel shared its ATK value exactly, making Disasterman inadvertently perfect for killing it.

Tinkerer, the issue isn't that the "negation" only affects things that resolve by moving, it's that Volcanic Shell is unique in that regard- it's one of the few cards that activates an effect in the Graveyard, without a trigger based on when/how/from where it was sent (or that it was sent), or one that removes itself from the Graveyard.

Kinda had Volcanics on the brain for the last week or so, so I it kinda immediately jumped to mind when I had a look at the rulings again.  For a bit of trivia: After seeing this, I had to look up how many of these graveyard effects there are in the game.  As far as I can tell, there's only 4 with wording that might classify it to duck under this kind of effect negation in the tcg: D-HERO Dasher, Helpoemer, Darklord Marie, and Volcanic Shell.

Expect Xage later today.

Lookin' forward to it!

I'm going to note that we're NOT affiliated with the YCM Wikia (even though Dan technically is a co-admin there iirc); quite literally, it runs its own community separate from us. I have no authority on that one, and to my knowledge, no YCM moderator has ever had it.

But honestly, you can either make our own variant or use the one I linked on the previous page. Either method works, though latter (my Wikia) already has templates set up so all you have to do is copy/paste stuff. All of the stuff I post in AGM are uploaded there too. I do not advise making a section on the YCM Wikia because none of the regulars there are aware of our format's workings and they will delete stuff if they think it's broken.

(I'm watering down the general card template there for AGM usage, so you can find stuff easier amongst the 2,000+ cards that are mine and another couple hundred to random users from over the years. Just boils down to removing Link-related stuff, the language fields and other things that aren't needed.)

=====

Project-wise, still looking through it but also working on legacy stuff at the moment, so...

I need help with the OCG on an effect.

Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with the least Disease Counters on it (min. 1) (Your choice, if tied); remove all Disease Counters from it, and if you do, add “Xage” Spell Cards with different names from your Deck to your hand, except “Xage Mutation”, equal to the number of Disease Counters removed from that target, also remove as many Disease Counters from face-up monsters your opponent controls as possible, up to the number initially removed.

The idea behind the card is:

• Target the face-up monster your opponent controls with the least amount of Disease Counters among monsters they control (your choice, if tied
  • remove Disease Counters from it
  • remove the same number of Diseas Counters from all monsters they control (if able)
  • If you removed Disease Counters from the target, you get to search equal to the number of Counters removed

Right now it looks ugly. Any ideas?

Well, anyway, Xage is up.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/371924-agmwritten-xage-swarming-debilitation-1414/

Time to finish Phantom Code.

Also of note, there's a hidden generic tucked away at the end of the Spells spoiler; Foolish Vaccination. Any potentially dangerous interactions within the AGM?

EDIT: Also, Draconus, would you mind updating the links for Gold Spear, Yollohcoatl, and Akkedis in the OP at some point? I don't intend to make a habit of updating old sets, but I feel these changes are big ones that benefit our format as a whole. I don't mind how long it takes, just as long as it's done at some point. Ty

"Tucked away at the end", he says. It's partway through the Normal Spells, close to the middle of the damned folder!

Ahem.

Anyway, yeah, that's a DPR card iirc. Looks like it's permanent, too, so you can stack them and make anybody into Towers. You'll need to talk to @Eshai to get it fixed, unless we just want to delete the thing.

"Tucked away at the end", he says. It's partway through the Normal Spells, close to the middle of the damned folder!

Ahem.

Anyway, yeah, that's a DPR card iirc. Looks like it's permanent, too, so you can stack them and make anybody into Towers. You'll need to talk to @Eshai to get it fixed, unless we just want to delete the thing.

[spoiler=but it looks like its at the end to me :(]f8928e0387.png

Make anybody into Towers? Sorry, I'm not following.

XD

@@Draconus297 - Dov's talkin' about Foolish Vaccination in his own Xage set.

@DoaHusando - Draco's talkin' about Monster Vaccine that I'd made in the Generics.

Foolish Vaccination seems perfectly fine (need to look through Xage as a whole to see how it fits in).  I don't think there's anything that can actively take advantage of it except by giving your opponent negative stuff which is pretty few and far between.  True, you could give your opponent a bunch of floaters, but that requires setting up those floaters in your grave and.. well, it just doesn't seem worthwhile.

Might even ask to lower the payment to 500-800 per monster.  I dunno.

In response to Monster Vaccine, yes it can stack, yes you can put three on one monster, but... that's a -6 over the likely course of multiple turns using a difficult-to-search spell card to set up a monster that could still be outed by battle/tributing over it.  Even if by some miracle you open up with 2 or 3, what's the likelihood of outputting a strong enough monster to take advantage of it with your 2-3 card opening hand?  Where are you getting the resources to discard to give that monster immunity?  In a vacuum, I can agree to the sentiment that Monster Vaccine is strong, but in practice, I really don't see it as viable unless the monster it is being used on already has some in-built protection.

"Turning anybody into Towers" is a best case scenario that (if you're still really uncomfortable with) I'll concede to letting go on the semi-limited list so that one monster cannot have full protection.

EDIT: Aaaaand it looks like @Mentioning your names doesn't work.  Guess I'll see ya later then. :D

. . . The power of reading, kids.

I got confused with "Monster Vaccine", which was a card that let you target 1 monster you control, discard a card, and the target becomes unaffected by the effects of cards of the same Type as the thing you discarded.

Foolish Vaccination can be an interesting tech. If you can build your Deck right, it could enable funky OTKs with Vigilizard Blade Captain, either through sheer damage or banish milling.

Also, the mention worked for me (I was just afk partway through typing my response), but Dova's new name has special characters, meaning that you can only mention him if you're using a mobile device or extended keyboard.

Two days left in March means that a new Deck Challenge starts soon! If you want to use your March Challenge Deck, you have to rush it out . . . the moment April 1st starts PST, your Decks for that challenge are null and void, and I don't mean the card (it was renamed "Muko" anyway).

The next challenge is probably going to be a bit difficult from a tech standpoint, because of how the AGM is set up- it was only when I looked for cards that fulfilled the requirements that I realized how narrow the options were, with (if I counted correctly) only about 4 or 5 archetypes that worked for the purpose, and a very short list of generics.

Yuya.dek made it in, we started a new group project, every Deck Challenge Deck from April onward is going to be worth 3000 Points instead of 1000, the banlist was revised, ABC got in . . . I think that's about it group-side.

Oh, yeah, Tinkerer and I made a thing called Intergaluster that no one has checked out yet.

I also put this spiffy cipher in my sig, but no one seems to care.

Queue:

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)

lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/4 - Nyx, Dova)

Elementsaber/Elemental Lord (2/3 - Sakura, Melon)

Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)

Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)

Galaxy, bar "Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy", "Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk", "Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon", "Number 83: Galaxy Queen", "Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord", "Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon", "Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon", and "Number 107: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon"(2/4 - Sakura, Draconus)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

Qli, bar Genius (1/3 - Dova)

Zefra, bar Metaltron (1/3 - Dova)

[spoiler=Forbidden]

Cyber Jar

Destiny HERO - Disk Commander

Fiber Jar

Solemn Judgement

[spoiler=Limited]

Dandylion

Dark Armed Dragon

Double Iris Magician

Envious Ogre

Lilliene, Apprentice of the Sclera Guild

Miracle Orb

Morphing Jar

Morphing Jar #2

Performapal Guitartle

Performapal Lizardraw

Performapal Monkeyboard

Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

Petrified Soldier

Speedroid Terrortop

Tuning Lightcap

El-Shaddoll Construct

Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom

Denglong, First of the Yang Zing

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Delta-Numerix-087: Merciless Reaper

Numerix-022: Hyacinth Queen

Numerix-023: Joyful Nihilist

Foolish Burial

Game of One

Infernity Launcher

Library of Sanctuary

Monster Reborn

Multiple Link Shooter

One for One

Pendulum Call

Rank-Up-Magic: Delta Force

Rank-Up-Magic: Mathematical Force

Rank-Up-Magic: Sandragon Force

Reasoning

Reinforcement of the Army

Secret Ambition

Super Polymerization

Synchroad Revival

The Mark of Lernaeus

Ring of Destruction

Macro Cosmos

Solemn Warning

Traitor's Trap Hole

[spoiler=Semi-Limited]

Blinding Shard

Fairy Tail - Snow

Flame Child

Infernity Archfiend

Inzektor Dragonfly

Inzektor Hornet

Maxx "C"

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

Ancient Fairy Dragon

Daigusto Emeral

Numerix-087: Merciless Soul Eater

Dark Hole

Automatic Deployment Ramp

Flocking

Foolish King's Sceptre

Fossil Dig

Fusion Supremacy

Gathering Coals

Gathering Dust

Gathering Feathers

Gathering Waves

Gravel Pit

Jumpstart

Negligence

Pity for the Mermaid

Raigeki

Rekindling

T-Rocks Discovery

Terraforming

Bottomless Trap Hole

Infernity Barrier

Retrieval of the Sacred Tome

Torrential Tribute

Looks like the only thing saving us from a flashback to late 2014/early 2015 is our lack of Performages.

Also we have nearly every combo piece used in competitive Pendulum Magician Decks. That's kinda scary. So scary, in fact, that I'm breaking my internal rule against floodgates.

Say hello to Anti-Spell Fragrance.

Now to unveil the April AGM Deck Challenge:

It's Genex.

It's-a me, Mario.

It's Morphin' time!

It's the final countdown!

IT'S THE REASON I FIGHT

It's a real gorilla!

It's the cyclops!

IT'S FISH!

It's actually not that bad.

It's none of your beeswax who I date.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

It's cool to think about, but would be a pretty bad idea.

It's like the Mounties. We always get our man.

It's 1999.

It's time to split!

It's evil. It's diabolical. It's lemon scented.

It's the single largest flop in cinema history.

It's honestly kinda intimidating how big it is.

It's the building that contains our animators.

It's a mistake I promise to never make again.

It's the longest joke in my repertoire.

It's going to save anime.

It's going to ruin anime.

It's funny how you think that.

It's so gay that rainbows are straighter.

It's almost like an Aristocrats joke dragged out along an entire TV series.

It's a rape whistle.

April Fool's Day is a holiday built around trolling your opponent- let's celebrate! This challenge is focused around stun and troll Decks to their logical conclusion- don't let your opponent play the game! In case you want to take the easy way out, here, Veldaion is our counterpart to Counter Fairies, but there's surely more options than that!

Also, for fun, try and guess where every last one of those quotes came from. They're all pretty easy, if it's not done by like noon either nobody cares or we're taking some small reference pools.

Archived