Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that I post a fair amount in that thread, I might as well jump in on things.

Might be good for me to actually put those ideas into practice.

Ah yes, the usual form.

Strengths: Design within competitive standards (metagame) to an extent, OCG, creativity and interaction. (Helps that I have some degree of knowledge regarding the metagame)

Also with helping people with design stuff (well, it is partly my job to do that anyway)

I can draw images when I need to, although mine tend to have a rather simplistic theme.

Weaknesses: I am not 100% up-to-date with the meta, which consequently either turn cards I make too powerful or too weak with regards to that.

This also means that certain Decks, I have minimal knowledge on how they actually function.

That, and lack of pictures at time; I mentioned that I CAN draw, but whether or not I have time/can be motivated to is another story.

(I'd prefer to stay away from dA images, because there are some artists who can be rather jabroniy if their art is used without permission.)

Also motivation on doing cards, since I have other things I like doing and also attending to mod duties / offline matters.

(Definitely going to be busy this semester, just as a fair warning.)

Trivia: Not really a fan of stall Decks, nor do I really care for certain meta things.

Partly a HERO fan, although interest expands into other Decks (i.e. Ice Barrier, Majespecter and some other stuff).

Also wish Konami made Level 4s for U.A. (they REALLY need those)

-----

I'll look into a project once Draconus gets through the member applications and stuff.

Might start off with one I suggested ideas for, but we'll see what else suits my fancy.

(Most cards will likely be Written, but that should not be a problem)

All apps have been added.

I'm still working on the Cosmos, and no one has done a Cyber Revamp of anyone else's Set yet. The Fungal Serpents, AntiHERO cards, and Buster Blader Platoon are all sets that are viable, but not exactly . . . well . . . competitive as of yet.

And if anyone gets cracking on a specific Set (read my posts, hint hint) I am a man of my word.

Strengths: Very good with the design of archetypes and cards, particularly with an eye and ability for capturing a certain flavor. Additionally, I've got a lot of experience in card making.

Weakness: VERY out of touch with the metagame. 

Trivia: Hates Pendulum Monsters.

Haven't decided on a current project.

Guess I'll get in on this.  Could be fun.

Weaknesses: Poor motivation, balance can be wonky sometimes, occasional trouble with card art

Strengths: Always has an idea, likes thinking of weird approaches to things

Trivia: Favorite type is Zombie; favorite attribute is WIND

Weaknesses: Terrible at thinking up names for archtype members. Takes a long time to create cards.

Strengths: Creates own card-art (though by no means good). Supports argumentation well with facts.

Trivia: Uses an "Evil HERO" Deck in real life. Favourite Attribute is WATER, and Dragon is my favourite type... Quite a mixed bag I'd say. 

Currently working on "Puzzle Piece". Here is 1 of the cards I came up with as an example:

[spoiler=Example]

2ldgin4.png

As I have stated, I am bad with thinking up names (though considering the nature of puzzles, this one might be acceptable). My other statement also holds true; this card's artwork is created by no other than me.

Create the archetype you agree to work on, and eventually everyone in our group should provide some sort of critique on it.

Optionally, you can help provide art, repair OCG mistakes, or even suggest new archetype members (which will be listed separately, and will be treated as "newer" members of the archetype (a la Cyber Dragon Zwei or Elemental HERO Shadow Mist)).

Create the archetype you agree to work on, and eventually everyone in our group should provide some sort of critique on it.

Optionally, you can help provide art, repair OCG mistakes, or even suggest new archetype members (which will be listed separately, and will be treated as "newer" members of the archetype (a la Cyber Dragon Zwei or Elemental HERO Shadow Mist)).

That doesn't tell me a whole lot. Where do I get the archetypes to work on? How should I make them? How do I submit my name and archetype?

I had said in the opening post that our archetypes all come from the Archetype Game down in Misc, subfolder Games.

Make them as per the prompt suggests, and submit them in Advanced (and I recommend you put "AGM" in brackets in the thread title, so we can find it easier).

You'll see submitted names and requests for archetypes all over the place, so follow those rules.

Archived