Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Just fix it whenever you get time.

As for Tinkerer, I added another note for Sunbeasts, but just the naming thing (any new monster has to be named the Hawaiian word for the respective animal, and because Beast-Type, they're mammals). Just to make it easier for Show Jumper [colors] / Sunbeasts [animals], use this to find the corresponding word: http://wehewehe.org (should be the first entry).

Thanks, this should help.

Also, we are allowed to make Cyverse stuff as a type, correct? I'm thinking of making a couple generic Cyverse-type cards for the AGM pool.

Also like to request "Draconet" and "Link Slayer" to be added as well.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cybers/Cyverse-Type is a tentative, but the problem there is that they're a tiny Type that is starting from scratch again, and we all know how long it takes for new monster Types to get going (hi, Psychics and Wyrms), especially when they're primarily linked to one Summoning method in particular.

So, if we do allow Cybers/Cyverse-Type, we'd need to get everyone on board for diversified support, and that's hard to do for fun projects, let alone something as dull as generic Type support. So, it's up to you guys. Do you want to make a wide mix of generic Cybers/Cyverse stuff for Deck stuffing purposes, or shall we disbar them?

On a side note, if we did allow them in, I'd need to make a Cyverse/Cybers Spellbound, given their gimmick of one member of every monster Type.

Let's see what comes up in Code of the Duelist, then make a decision on it. Still don't think they NEEDED this Type (or rather, other stuff needed it more than Cyverse) nor did they have to invent Links. (Would building off the existing sheet already kill Konami?)

===

So, let's see who's actually active in CC (lately anyway):

• Me
  • Draconus
  • Nyx
  • Tinkerer
  • Thomas Zero
  • Zazu
  • ABC Gun guy who apparently doesn't read CnC
  • Dr. JollyGlot (I forgot his old name)
  • VCR (to some degree)
  • MUDKIPISAWESOME
  • Egmodeus
  • BatMed
  • Cyber-Stein
  • Black

So yeah, not a lot of people (well, this is a sizable list but only a third, maybe less of this list, will speak up about any proposed changes).

Cybers/Cyverse-Type is a tentative, but the problem there is that they're a tiny Type that is starting from scratch again, and we all know how long it takes for new monster Types to get going (hi, Psychics and Wyrms), especially when they're primarily linked to one Summoning method in particular.

Well, yeah, but at the same time it's not like all the generic type support in the game is in the AGM. The AGM doesn't have tons of that stuff so it's not like Cyverse would be too far behind.

So, if we do allow Cybers/Cyverse-Type, we'd need to get everyone on board for diversified support, and that's hard to do for fun projects, let alone something as dull as generic Type support. So, it's up to you guys. Do you want to make a wide mix of generic Cybers/Cyverse stuff for Deck stuffing purposes, or shall we disbar them?

On a side note, if we did allow them in, I'd need to make a Cyverse/Cybers Spellbound, given their gimmick of one member of every monster Type.

I mean, we can keep things as they are in terms of card making. No one has to make anything if they don't want to (I mean, how many Aqua-type support cards have been made in the AGM?), and besides Spellbound it's not like anything will directly change from incorporating another type.

Suffice it to say... I personally am for adding them. But that is just my stance.

Regarding Aqua, there's actually a lot of generic support for them in the AGM, including a Gear Gigant X-esque monster, some Yuki Onna cards that revive any Aqua, etc. The most-supported Types at this point are Reptile and Dragon, given the fact that Reptiles have some pretty solid options thanks to the loose support Fungal Serpents have offered to the entire Type, King of the Feral Imps, and even a removal card (Offering to the Snake Deity), and Dragon, well . . . I make a lot of Dragon-centric cards.

I think, in terms of support, the weakest Type at this point is likely Sea Serpent with like one card that helps them, because even Thunder, Pyro, and Dinosaur have two apiece.

I suppose you may have a point with Cybers/Cyverse, then, given how much we've stiffed a few existing Types.

Alright. After CotD comes out, we'll see about officially adding Link Slayer and Draconet, as well as the the Cybers-Type.

If and when we do, that will make 23 Spellbound monsters (24 counting Owl, that Xyz Nyx made that's technically in their archetype and able to be revived ad nauseam).

I just want Neo AGM Avengers to be a thing, given that I just realized "AGM Successor Draconus" searches any AGM monster on-Summon, not just other Successors. Plus, an archetype with 9 Main Deck members that are based on us, with a Synchron-meets-Elemental HERO style, can only be fun.

Finally found something to work on:

Heartless Horseman
A bundle of Fiend-Type monsters with quite a few awesome battle effects, running the gamut from SS a member from pretty much anywhere on successful attack, to Ancient Gear and Armades clauses, to multi-attack, to doubled piercing, all the way up to Flame Wingman and anime!Frightfur Bear level of abilities. There's only one problem: All of them have 0 base ATK! How do they compensate? A ridiculously searchable and recyclable Field Spell that gives them decently large ATK gain at the start of each Battle Phase. They take a little while to set up, but once they do you're kinda screwed.

Quick question though: What's Frightfur Bear's anime effect?

Dova already did that one; though perhaps you could do your own take on it.

Also:

Thread's not letting me edit.

w5sk45f.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Death the Horseman" once per turn. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Invocation of the Horsemen" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card, "Famine the Horseman", "Pestilence the Horseman", and "Death the Horseman" are face-up on the field, you win the Duel. This card's effect(s) cannot be negated.

2Spd1Do.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Famine the Horseman" once per turn. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Invocation of the Horsemen" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card, "War the Horseman", "Pestilence the Horseman", and "Death the Horseman" are face-up on the field, you win the Duel. This card's effect(s) cannot be negated.

xkZAV9S.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Pestilence the Horseman" once per turn. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Invocation of the Horsemen" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card, "War the Horseman", "Famine the Horseman", and "Death the Horseman" are face-up on the field, you win the Duel. This card's effect(s) cannot be negated.

G8vOC2q.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Death the Horseman" once per turn. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Invocation of the Horsemen" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card, "War the Horseman", "Famine the Horseman", and "Pestilence the Horseman" are face-up on the field, you win the Duel. This card's effect(s) cannot be negated.

7DdwARF.jpg

LORE:If this card would be removed from the field, you can remove 1 Horsemen Counter from this card instead. You can remove 10 Horsemen Counters from this card; Special Summon 1 "War the Horseman", "Famine the Horseman", "Pestilence the Horseman", and "Death the Horseman" from your Deck.

Dova already did that one; though perhaps you could do your own take on it.

Also:

Thread's not letting me edit.

w5sk45f.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Death the Horseman" once per turn. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Invocation of the Horsemen" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card, "Famine the Horseman", "Pestilence the Horseman", and "Death the Horseman" are face-up on the field, you win the Duel. This card's effect(s) cannot be negated.

2Spd1Do.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Famine the Horseman" once per turn. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Invocation of the Horsemen" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card, "War the Horseman", "Pestilence the Horseman", and "Death the Horseman" are face-up on the field, you win the Duel. This card's effect(s) cannot be negated.

xkZAV9S.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Pestilence the Horseman" once per turn. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Invocation of the Horsemen" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card, "War the Horseman", "Famine the Horseman", and "Death the Horseman" are face-up on the field, you win the Duel. This card's effect(s) cannot be negated.

G8vOC2q.jpg

LORE:During your Main Phase, you can reveal this card in your hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck; draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Death the Horseman" once per turn. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Invocation of the Horsemen" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card, "War the Horseman", "Famine the Horseman", and "Pestilence the Horseman" are face-up on the field, you win the Duel. This card's effect(s) cannot be negated.

7DdwARF.jpg

LORE:If this card would be removed from the field, you can remove 1 Horsemen Counter from this card instead. You can remove 10 Horsemen Counters from this card; Special Summon 1 "War the Horseman", "Famine the Horseman", "Pestilence the Horseman", and "Death the Horseman" from your Deck.

I remember when you first made those. :3

How are you supposed to put counters on Invocation, though?

Also dammit. I'll try finding something else then.

"Fluffal Bear " + "Edge Imp Sabres "

When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can equip the destroyed monster to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of the monsters equipped to it by this effect.

The later version. 

As for Garland, there's a lot more stuff you can do. 

I remember when you first made those. :3

How are you supposed to put counters on Invocation, though?

Also dammit. I'll try finding something else then.

The monsters place Counters on it:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/342303-agm-the-end-is-near-invoker-of-the-four-horsemen-archetype/

You can see for yourself for reference; just don't post in the thread. It's over a year old.

I'll try to edit on mobile version. Maybe it's my monitor.

@Sakura: Thanks.

Also, found something else I could do:

ICBM Cavalry
Level 5 FIRE Machine-Type sort of handtraps with a rather unique gimmick: "You can discard this card to target 1 monster your opponent controls: Banish that target, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference between this monster's ATK and that target's ATK." It's a mouthful, but essentially they attack from your hand. Not only that, but most also have another handtrap use, and they have Continuous Spells that get them out of the Graveyard for the frontrow presence you need. Of course, you're probably not going to use them as monsters in their own right- you're going to R5 with them, or use them as Tribute fodder. Which is good, because they Dark Hole at the end of the turn they're Summoned.

These sound really fun. Just please tell me they're not already done by someone else. ;w;

Now let's extend that GIF to the other members who haven't posted in who knows how long and still exist as members. Let's see, Talim Rave hasn't posted in who the hell knows how long (did she even submit an Archetype for this club?, I don't recall her doing so), Tojin's been gone for a while and so has Catman.

(Remind me if Champion has submitted anything lately; I know he exists)

Now let's extend that GIF to the other members who haven't posted in who knows how long and still exist as members. Let's see, Talim Rave hasn't posted in who the hell knows how long (did she even submit an Archetype for this club?, I don't recall her doing so), Tojin's been gone for a while and so has Catman.

(Remind me if Champion has submitted anything lately; I know he exists)

At least he's posted some sets. Talim, however, I recall submitting nothing.

Archived