Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

I know about her name change; choosing to use the common form because that's what I know her as. 

[spoiler=side note]

That being said, I haven't seen her make any cards at all (least recently); last time she made a foray into CC was to have an argument over the Leaderboard policies with another member sometime in the middle of last year.

====

But yeah Draco, I added a new card and modified Charging Mane slightly. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, tell you guys what: my 2300 post milestone gets closer by the day. Should I make an archetype with 23 cards, or a monster with 2300 ATK?

I am tempted to do Neo AGM Avengers myself, but I need to get off this Fusion kick I'm on. So, please, someone handle that. Here's eight of the nine Main Deck monsters named for you: "Neo AGM Avenger - Dragon Lord", "Neo AGM Avenger - Flash Flyer", "Neo AGM Avenger - Shinigami", "Neo AGM Avenger - Dova", "Neo AGM Avenger - Chaotic Garland", "Neo AGM Avenger - Void Champion", "Neo AGM Avenger - Machine Spirit", and "Neo AGM Avenger - Landowning Engineer".

(In order: Me, Sakura, Nyx, Dova, GarlandChaos, Champion0 [Zero, Void, geddit?], MetalSonic [referencing his old name, egotisticalghost, and his new one], and Tinkerer [formerly known as Tythe, or a tract of land the king would permit a noble to own].)

Other relevant members to make into cards would be Tojin (who got a gift, and made the lovable Funereal Flowers) and Ecchitori (who made the only FLIP archetype in the AGM), but Yemachu (who made Puzzle Pieces) and Yuuji (who made Numerix-101) are also acceptable.

HOLY sheet GUYS I DID THE THING

So, tell you guys what: my 2300 post milestone gets closer by the day. Should I make an archetype with 23 cards, or a monster with 2300 ATK?

I am tempted to do Neo AGM Avengers myself, but I need to get off this Fusion kick I'm on. So, please, someone handle that. Here's eight of the nine Main Deck monsters named for you: "Neo AGM Avenger - Dragon Lord", "Neo AGM Avenger - Flash Flyer", "Neo AGM Avenger - Shinigami", "Neo AGM Avenger - Dova", "Neo AGM Avenger - Chaotic Garland", "Neo AGM Avenger - Void Champion", "Neo AGM Avenger - Machine Spirit", and "Neo AGM Avenger - Landowning Engineer".

(In order: Me, Sakura, Nyx, Dova, GarlandChaos, Champion0 [Zero, Void, geddit?], MetalSonic [referencing his old name, egotisticalghost, and his new one], and Tinkerer [formerly known as Tythe, or a tract of land the king would permit a noble to own].)

A monster with 2300 ATK, since it sounds like a lot less of a hassle to put together honestly.

Sounds cool mang. Can't wait to see the actual archetype. :3

(Ahh~! Senpai and Senpai noticed me~!)

EDIT: Gonna start working on one of the following, deciding over the weekend.

[spoiler=Istorya]Straight from the pages of an epic novel, these characters are based on a number of stereotypical story characters. They can Synchro 8 with their Fantasy-based monsters, Fusion with their Western novel, and Xyz 4 with their horror story. Istorya does not screw around, and guarantee a win if you have all three boss monsters out: Sheriff Longarm, Shining Knight, and IT. They only lack Pendulums, but they don't need them: they hold their own and can tell a beautiful, awesome, or terrifying story while they're at it.

[spoiler=Firefry]FIRE Fish-type and Insect-type monsters, this archetypes plays best in an xenophobic manner, as they hate having non-Firefry monsters on the field or spells in the grave, but they are cool with Traps. Despite these tough conditions, these guys can seriously pound the enemy with a plethora of direct attacks, burns and summoning each other from the hand when either occurs. All the Insect-types are level 1 while the Fish are level 4. They mix in a few tuners, and have an inarchetype Synchro as well as few Xyz. The Extra deck compensates for the lack of spells, offering OK burn and direct attack effects as well as being able to copy the effects of spells the opponent controls. Their biggest weakness after their xenophobia is they've no way to get back out of the grave without their extra deck monsters as well as having weak ways to slow down the opponent's plays.

[spoiler= Midnight Assassin]This archetype revolves around some DARK Warriors, level 4, who are unseen on their card pictures. They cannot be targeted by Spells or Traps. That's because these ladies of the night have pledged themselves to The Midnight Assassin, a Level 4 DARK Fiend Ritual monster who equips the monster tributed to summon him and can use its ability/atk , plus when your opponent activates a Spell or Trap card it costs them 800 life points. The Ritual Spell of the archetype is called Blood of an Assassin.

Make sure you put the AGM tag in thread title, but other than that, it's fine.

I know I posted some ideas over the past month on what I should do; won't get to them this week because I have dual midterms.

• YCM Heavenly Sovereign (Think Nekroz, but with the current YCM staff and some retired members + support)
  • Shísān Xīngzuò (Fusion Zoodiac with the western zodiac)
  • Barriamphithere (Stall Dragons)

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/339517-archetype-generator-meta/page-85?do=findComment&comment=6974345

Otherwise, look at stuff that's come up.

Okay, because nobody asked me, my two cents on the Link Summon:

For those who don't use pendulums, it sucks balls, because most of the decks would need to accommodate the Link Monsters to get in the fray. But for most of those who use pendulums, it doesn't alter much. The two S&T zones you lose are not used that much (I run Odd-Eyes and my main spell is a field spell, Sky Arena, I have no equips and no permanents and not that many traps; hell, I get better spell effects from the Pendulum Scales than anything else) and (GET THIS), the Main Monster Zne prohibition ONLY AFFECTS IN-CARD SPECIAL SUMMONS (Fusion is considered as such because some cards have the ability to contact fuse). This means that:

Pendulum Summons are not touched: Anything you Pendulum Summon will get into Main Monster Zone, no matters if it was sent to extra deck by its own effect.

Revivals are not touched: Anything you Special Summon from the graveyard can still be put in the Main Monster Zone (hell, the example used to state that was Monster Reborn, which now has people praying it gets unbanned)

Decks that focus in swarming Extra Deck monsters will need to play a LOT of revival cards: As I said before, it may make the unbanning of Monster Reborn, as well as increasing the use of other graveyard rising cards. As well as cards that bring those cards back after used (MAN, Pre-Pendulum players will have to play black a lot... reference you'll only get from Western magic).

Decks that focus on ONE Extra Deck monster and several other non-ED monsters may actually get empowered: If you play no pendulums, you still have five spell zones to use. And if you focus on having lost of monsters, you have one more zone to use if you have one ED Monster!

Decks that have no space for Link Monsters get screwed: nuff said

As far as I heard, the objective of Link Monsters was to solve a complaint that YGO duels and matches are too short because it was already pretty fast when they added Pendulum. I think they focused on the most played decks that could end a duel fast (Pendulums are all the thing you want with summoning a lot, but it's not THAT easy to win a duel using them), which mostly included ED Monsters. Despite I understand why and the fact it doesn't kill their newest rule set (Arc-V), I still think it's absolutely idiotic from their part. Even I could come out with a better answer, like limiting the Extra Deck to one movement per turn (that will slow don a lot of decks without just killing them and you don't need a new type of monsters) or create monsters with new game zones that make the game slower in any other significant way (I had the idea of making the player become a monster in a way of a life insurance; as in, to harm the player, you need to harm the monster first -or monsters, depending how much "level" you have- and that way its more difficult to end the duel by just aiming the points to 0, even with direct damage, as it will got to the monster's "life" instead). Anything anyone can come up with is better than Link, I believe.

As much as a lot of us don't like what Konami did, we'll eventually have to accept the fact that Links exist and the game is dramatically changed. This is partly the reason I'm thinking about a tag for "legacy cards", or stuff that functions with the field setup as-is.

That being said, you need to make a Deck for March before we can really process your application as a true member.

===

[spoiler=Tapu stuff I'll post later]

Kahu_Ali%27i_o_ka_Hakak%C4%81_Tapu_Koko.Kahu_Ali%27i_o_ke_Ola_Tapu_Lele.jpgKahu_Ali%27i_o_ka_Makahiki_Tapu_Bulu.jpgKahu_Ali%27i_o_ke_Papak%C5%AB_Tapu_Fini.

And yes, their names are literally full Hawaiian.

Because of character limitations, long vowels have the circumflex and the ʻokina is written with the apostrophe (which isn't exactly proper, but I do not want to be c/p'ing from character map or having to open the Hawaiian keyboard in another tab). I wanted to make cards based on the Hawaiian gods, but since no images exist for them (outside Pele), closest thing is Tapus (which are technically based on them).

Rep to whoever can figure out what's in background (and/or figure out what they translate into in English).

The problem with the Gold-Eyes Synchros is that they're technically the end result of non-targeting, non-destruction removal of Level/Rank 4 or lower monsters that can happen during either player's turn so long as Gold-Eyes Dowsing Dragon managed to battle.

Basically, think of the Gold-Eyes Synchro monsters not as monsters in their own right, but as a middle finger to R1-R4.

Why are GEAD and GERD so weak? They're removal tools against Rank 1 and Rank 2 Decks, which already struggle a bit.

Why is GEID so freaking powerful? It's an anti-Rank 4 weapon of mass destruction, and in order to sensibly punish them it needs to have power scaled to theirs.

Gold-Eyes Stellar Dragon only gets its mass removal if it's Summoned via GEDD, which means you'd need to be fighting another R3 Deck for it to really screw up your opponent- and those typically have the resources to take you on.

For my next archetype, I think I'll work on this one:

Trinketerror

An archetype of DARK Fairies. Their main deck monsters all have alright ATK (but garbage DEF) and can Special Summon themselves as long as you have an equip spell on the field, which makes them pretty similar to Guardians. Unlike the pile of unplayable garbage that was Guardians, most of the Trinketerrors do not need an equip spell out to summon themselves and can even search out more of their Equip Spells. The equip spells themselves are pretty good, being able to Special Summon Trinketerrors from the deck, increase their ATK or just grant some generic support to Fairies and equip spell. The one Extra Deck monster they do have (a Fusion monster) can be contact fusion summoned, but can be brought out by banishing 1 Trinketerror holding an Equip Spell. Basically just think of Vylons and Guardian but not trash.

The problem with the Gold-Eyes Synchros is that they're technically the end result of non-targeting, non-destruction removal of Level/Rank 4 or lower monsters that can happen during either player's turn so long as Gold-Eyes Dowsing Dragon managed to battle.

Basically, think of the Gold-Eyes Synchro monsters not as monsters in their own right, but as a middle finger to R1-R4.

Why are GEAD and GERD so weak? They're removal tools against Rank 1 and Rank 2 Decks, which already struggle a bit.

Why is GEID so freaking powerful? It's an anti-Rank 4 weapon of mass destruction, and in order to sensibly punish them it needs to have power scaled to theirs.

Gold-Eyes Stellar Dragon only gets its mass removal if it's Summoned via GEDD, which means you'd need to be fighting another R3 Deck for it to really screw up your opponent- and those typically have the resources to take you on.

Right right.  I didn't notice the pop effect was only when it used its effect to summon.  I thought it was just when it was used to summon the Synchro.

Oh right, I think I wrote the prompt for that one. 

(Wick is the name of the candle/flame if I remember correctly, or has something to do with it thereof)

Anyway, DARK Pyro-Type monsters that take a page from the Pokedex of a certain 'mon: It slowly drains the life forces of its enemies. True to this, Wicked Candles focus on constantly weakening your opponent's LP (and resources slowly but surely). The smaller monsters can only "drain" on the field, but as you get bigger, their powers expand to triggering in the Graveyard and even while banished, so the opponent has no recourse except to use Necroface or something to stop them. But in a similar vein, you too get affected with the "curse" unless you use the support cards to circumvent those effects and ultimately force the opponent to an untimely end. Just make sure you set up first. 

Yup, I did.

I like what you did with the whole draining concept. Like a dwindling flame, the enemy is not soon extinguished, but it is so much more satisfying to let a candle burn itself away than it is to simply snuff the flame yourself.

AAAND now I need to make a character for this archetype. Shiet.

Enjoy making the Archetype. 

As for those other cards I posted last page, may add them to the generics later (I later realized that I missed something very important on Koko and Fini's effects; as in making sure they either don't cause OTKs from direct attacks [Koko] or are a pain in the ass to remove [Fini]). They are posted in Advanced though; thankfully written exists. 

I'm going to avoid adding new Generics of my own (including Delta-Numerix) until I have Neo AGM Avengers completed. Who wants to be a Tuner, by the way? We need 3 of them, minimum. Also, a ninth name.

Also, I ask that everyone get on Delta-Numerix. Look at Numerix you've designed, ones that I've designed (aka most of them); figure out which D-N you can provide improvements on.

I'm going to avoid adding new Generics of my own (including Delta-Numerix) until I have Neo AGM Avengers completed. Who wants to be a Tuner, by the way? We need 3 of them, minimum. Also, a ninth name.

Also, I ask that everyone get on Delta-Numerix. Look at Numerix you've designed, ones that I've designed (aka most of them); figure out which D-N you can provide improvements on.

What are the Delta-Numerix again? Our Numerix's equivalents of Number C?

Cookie Kingdom is a LIGHT heal-based Synchro archetype that profits off bring sent to the Graveyard, and produces Tokens like crazy. As a trade-off for how fast they are, however, they can only make LIGHT Synchros.

Essentially, it gives them a way of going off faster for minimal effort, on top of its IR stun effect.

Archived