[Finished]Mystery Archetype Challenge Contest

Windfang

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 2nd, and I'm ripping my hair out. A factory restore claimed my Ritual Monster and I no longer remember the effect I gave...

EDIT: Brilliance strikes and I have my Scion rewritten. Now, to get the last mon done, then get images made...there's a chance I may post them up here as written first while working on getting the images done so that I don't lose them...again...

Alright, I'm having difficulty getting back my art program of choice, so I'm putting this up as text first, just incase sh!t happens to me. I'm also including their intended card images, so that if I get my art program back, I can use them without having to search for them again.

[spoiler=ELEA-023: Mute Angel of Melody]suFa1ry.png

Attribute: DARK
Level: 12
Number: ELEA-023
Type: Fairy/XYZ/Effect
Effect/Lore: 2 Level 12 monsters
This monster has no Attribute and no Type while face-up on the field. If "Voice of the Elemental Army" and "Conductor of Senera's Silence" were both used as Xyz Material to Xyz Summon this card; you win the Duel.
ATK: 4500
DEF: 4000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Explaination: Alright, before anyone gets on my ass about this card's effect, look at this XYZ's requirements for triggering the effect and look carefully at both of the mentioned monsters. Notice how neither of them are actually Level 12? This is done on-purpose, just like the fact that this particular card is not truly part of the archetype. The Mute Angel is supposed to represent the careful balance between the Silence and the Call on the planet of Senera, since both have their purposes upon this unique world. In order to summon this girl, one must include level-manipulating cards in ones deck, which represents the constant push and pull between the two forces. The moment that both sides finally meet their balance is when peace will reign over Senera, which is what is indicated by the auto-victory. And before anyone thinks it, Scion below will not work for this effect, because once it's used as an XYZ Material Monster, it is no longer treated as "Voice of the Elemental Army". But yes, for almost every game, this girl will be purposely unsummonable, and that's absolutely okay and expected.

[spoiler=ELEA-024: Scion of the Elemental Army]5OeBW6c.png

Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 10
Number: ELEA-024
Type: Psychic/Ritual/Effect
Effect: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Call of the Elemental Army". This card's name is also treated as "Voice of the Elemental Army" while face-up on the field. If four "Elemental Army" Normal monsters with different names are Tributed for this monster's Ritual Summon, this card gains the following effects: (1) This card increases its ATK by 1000 and its DEF by 500. (2) Once per turn, during your Draw Phase: You may draw 1 additional card; Return 1 card in your hand to the bottom of your deck. (3) You may Banish this monster from the field face-down: Banish every card on your opponent's side of the field. (4) This card cannot be destroyed by card effects or by battle.
ATK: 3000
DEF: 3000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Explaination: I should probably explain that the effects gained is assuming that you tributed all of the Normals of the archetype, minus Voice, to this girl. While I feel effects 1 and 4 are self-explanatory (those are the Fire and Earth effects respectively), the effects I feel need explaining are 2 (Wind) and 3 (Water). Effect 2 mirrors how easily it is to lose knowledge as it is to gain it. Effect 3, however...well, I was admittedly thinking of the pitch-black depths of the oceans and how near-impossible it was too recover anything from that depth. While the Scion would really be absorbed back into the world, I figure that coming back from such a potential mass-banishment would wind up making her broken in that regard, so I decided against that.

[spoiler=ELEA-025: Avatar of the Sun]OYFBTSb.png

Attribute: Fire
Level: 10
Number: ELEA-025
Type: Psychic/Fusion/Effect
Effect/Lore: "Voice of the Elemental Army" + "Elemental Army Fuoco"
This card is also treated as a Pyro-type while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Whenever a card(s) leaves the field, the card's owner(s) loses 500 LP for each card sent from the field to the Graveyard.
ATK: 3850
DEF: 3200
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Explaination: Let's get dangerous. (Yes, I just had to use a Darkwing Duck line.) By the way, this even includes when a card is activated for its own effects, such as normal Spells/Traps, whom leave the field as soon as their done. The Sun's presence makes every action a dangerous one to make. This, plus all of the other Avatars, have their ATK and DEF determined by adding together the Voice's ATK/DEF with the target monster's ATK/DEF. For the Synchros, this also includes the tuner's stats as well, which is the cause for the massive DEF spike the Sky and Land Avatars have.

[spoiler=ELEA-026: Avatar of the Oceans]8SCJO0K.png

Attribute: Water
Level: 9
Number: ELEA-026
Type: Psychic/Fusion/Effect
Effect/Lore: "Voice of the Elemental Army" + "Elemental Army Acqua"
This card is also treated as an Aqua-type while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn, you may select one monster you control other than this one. The selected monster can attack your opponent directly, but when it uses this effect, any Battle Damage it inflicts to your opponent is halved (rounded down).
ATK: 3550
DEF: 2900
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Explaination: Two words, underwater strikes. Hard to avoid an attack you can't see coming, now can you?

[spoiler=ELEA-027: Avatar of the Land]hApkMdA.png

Attribute: EARTH
Level: 9
Number: ELEA-027
Type: Psychic/Synchro/Effect
Effect/Lore: "Elemental Army - The Waking Altar" + "Voice of the Elemental Army" + "Elemental Army Terreno"
This card is also treated as a Plant-type while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn, and only once per turn, you may banish 1 card face-down. If you do, banish 1 monster from your hand. If this monster is still face-up on the field during your next Standby Phase: Special Summon the banished monster, ignoring all summoning conditions.
ATK: 3250
DEF: 4500
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Explaination: For this effect, I was thinking of how plants grow, and one of the things that crossed my mind was the fact that plants, like anything else, need nutrients to grow strong. The banished face-down is the nutrients for the monster that is banished by the Land Avatar, which can be seen as the 'seed' to grow into a full plant later on.

[spoiler=ELEA-028: Avatar of the Skies]2vftCss.png

Attribute: WIND
Level: 8
Number: ELEA-028
Type: Psychic/Synchro/Effect
Effect/Lore: "Elemental Army - The Waking Altar" + "Voice of the Elemental Army" + "Elemental Army Fiato"
This card is also treated as an Winged Beast-type while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. When this monster is Synchro Summoned: Flip all monsters into face-down Defense Position and flip all Spells/Traps face-down. Face-down monsters cannot change their battle positions and face-down Spells/Traps cannot be activated.
ATK: 2950
DEF: 4200
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Explaination: Alright, here's what I was thinking here. When the winds blow hard enough, it can be difficult, almost impossible to move at times, and that's what I was trying to represent. However, the wind itself is neutral in regards to whom it effects, so all sides are effected by this monster's gusts. The same effect can happen when you entrance many with one's music.

EDIT: AND ART IS UP, everyone.

OK, i'm not sticking to "post last" idea. Here is the last batch of "Beast Shifters":

[spoiler=Beast Shifter - Hibagon]

108ipg2.jpg

[ Beast-Warrior/ Xyz / Effect ]

2 Level 2 Monsters

If "Beast Shifter - Yeren" was used as Xyz Material to Xyz Summon this card, this card gains the following effect:

Monsters you control whose combined value of original ATK and DEF equals 2400 gain 600 ATK and DEF.

ATK/1700 DEF/700

[spoiler=Beast Shifter - Tepegöz]

654y7a.jpg

[ Beast-Warrior / Xyz / Effect ]

2 Level 2 Monsters

Your opponent cannot target other "Beast Shift" monsters you control for attacks. If "Beast Shifter - Balor" was used as Xyz Material to Xyz Summon this card; Negate the effects of monsters destroyed by battle with this card.

ATK/1900 DEF/500

[spoiler=Beast Shifter - Kalioptera]

2vlp1rk.jpg

Level: 4 / WIND

[ Beast-Warrior / Synchro / Effect ]

1 Tuner + 1"Beast Shifter" monster

If a "Beast Shifter" monster attacks; your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. If "Beast Shifter - Ahool" was used as Material to Synchro Summon this card; this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. 

ATK: 2000  DEF:400

[spoiler=Beast Shifter - Upuaut]

zv1tz8.jpg

[ Beast-Warrior / Synchro / Effect ] 

1 "Beast Shift" Tuner + 1 "Beast Shifter" non-Tuner monster

When this card declares an attack; you can switch the Battle Position of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. If "Beast Shifter - Garou" was used as Material to Synchro Summon this card; when this card battles a Defense Position monster; this card inflicts a doubled ammount of piercing damage to your opponent's LP.

ATK: 2000  DEF:400

Level: 4 / FIRE

[spoiler=Beast Shifters - Justiceguides]

mtm1ae.jpg

Level: 6 / LIGHT

[ Beast-Warrior / Fusion / Effect ]

"Beast Shifter - Zmay" + 1 "Beast Shifter" Synchro Monster

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be done with the above Fusion Material Monsters. Up to twice per turn, if a "Beast Shift" card is sent to the Graveyard; You can pay 600 LP; This card gains 1200 ATK until the End Phase.

ATK/ 2400 DEF/1200

This is an upgraded form of both Kalioptera (left) and Upuaut (right), which... oppose the evil Beast Shifters (the Xyz - Tepegöz and Hibagon) and obtained a dragon's heart from Zmay, with the strength of Light and Justice to oppose the Dark Lustrous Mage. 

[spoiler=Dark Lustrous Mage]

k0rfd0.jpg

Level 10 / DARK

[spellcaster / Ritual / Effect ]

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Beast Shift - Lautir". This card's effects can only be applied/resolved if this card is Ritual Summoned. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy a face-up "Beast Shift" monster you control instead. When this card battles a non-LIGHT monster, negate that monster's effect(s) until the End Phase (even if the monster leaves the field).

ATK/ 3600 DEF/2400

After obtaining all his soul shards and meticulously reassembling them with the Mirror, he once again rises at full power. Cruel and malicios, he sacrifices his late comrades with no remorse. 

The Mirror, however, stripped of all its darkness, now needs to balance the world and shines with brilliant light towards those with pure heart amongs the beast shifters - Zmay, Kalioptera and Upuaut stand to oppose the evil wizard and stop him once and for all. 

*Yawn...* Ok, just got mine finished up.

[spoiler=Call of the Forest Bosses]Call of the Forest – Mass Shadow
DARK ******
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
You can Ritual Summon this card with “Mass Possession Ritual”. When this card is Summoned; Special Summon 1 “Dark Heart of the Wayward Forest” from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard. While you control a “Call of the Forest” tuner monster, this card cannot be targeted or destroyed. Once per turn, you can tribute all monsters you control, except “Call of the Forest – Mass Shadow” and discard all cards in your Hand (min. 2) to take control of all monsters your opponent controls.
2500/1800

Call of the Forest – Glorious Captain
LIGHT **********
Warrior/Synchro/Effect
“Call of the Forest – Clear Heart” + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
Both players must reveal their Hands during their respective Standby Phase. If you control no other monsters, your opponent cannot target this card for attacks or card effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 non-DARK “Call of the Forest” monster from your Graveyard.
3400/2600

Call of the Forest – Shadow Invader
DARK **********
Fiend/Synchro/Effect
“Dark Heart of Wayward Forest” + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
Control of this card cannot switch. During the End Phase, the turn player must give control of one of their monsters to their opponent. This card cannot be destroyed by a card effect that does not target it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 DARK “Call of the Forest” monster from your Graveyard.
3200/2800

Call of the Forest – Wandering Savior
LIGHT ******
Reptile/Fusion/Effect
“Call of the Forest – Clear Heart” + 1 non-DARK monster
You can Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above cards you control. This card is treated as a Normal monster while in the Graveyard. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can reveal 1 card in your Hand and banish the top card of your Deck; switch this card’s original ATK and DEF until the opponent’s next End Phase. If this card is removed from the field, you can add 1 card banished by this card’s effect to your Hand.
1200/2600

Call of the Forest – Possessed One
DARK ******
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
“Dark Heart of Wayward Forest” + 1 DARK monster
You can Fusion Summon this card by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard. This card is treated as a Normal monster while in the Graveyard. This card cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. Once per turn, you can give control of one monster you control to your opponent; draw 1 card. If this card is removed from the field, you can return 1 card to its owner’s Hand.
2300/1200

Light and Darkness of the Wayward Forest
EARTH ®******
Plant/XYZ/Effect
2 level 6 “Call of the Forest” monsters
Once per Chain, during either player’s turn, when a Spell, Trap, or Monster effect on the field is activated (except “Light and Darkness of the Wayward Forest”); this card loses exactly 500 DEF and that activation is negated. If this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 Normal monster from your Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, you can detach 1 XYZ material to activate 1 of the following effects:
-Reveal 1 card in your Hand; Special Summon 1 Normal monster from your Graveyard.
-Special Summon 1 Normal monster from your Graveyard to your opponent’s side of the field; this card gains 3000 ATK until your next Standby Phase.
0/3500

I don't mind waiting. I still need to do Round 5 Judgement since I finally have my normal schedule at work back

Speaking of Round 5, I probably won't put a summery for them just cause I'm still feeling the effects of not enough sleep. I will say one thing though. Dramatic: DX WHY DID YOU MAKE THEM PENDULUMS?!

[spoiler=Heavenly Constellation (WITH LORE EXPLANATION!)]

Heavenly Constellation Hercules Legend

Ritual, Level 8, LIGHT Warrior

Can be Ritual Summoned with "Ritual of Celestial Celebration". Once during either player's turn, you can send 1 other "Heavenly Constellation" monster in your hand to the Graveyard: This card gains half the ATK of the discarded monster. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: This card gains 200 ATK.

2600/2300

The champion of the stars, Hercules is the most brutal of the constellations. He is strongest and he will remain that way, ever the best to defeat any enemy, at the expense of all around him.

Heaenly Constellation Scarlet Emperor Orion

Fusion, Level 10, LIGHT Warrior

"Heavenly Constellation King Orion" + 2 "Heavenly Constellation" monsters

Cannot be targeted by card effects. When this card is Fusion Summoned, return any number of "Heavenly Constellation" monsters from your Graveyard to your Deck: This card gains 300 ATK for every monster returned this way, until the End Phase. When this card attacks an opponent's monster, excavate the top 10 cards of your Deck, and if you do: Monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK for every "Heavenly Constellation" monster revealed this way.

3000\3000

The put-upon king of the rowdy constellations has had enough. Putting on his red belt of war, he has called the constellations to his side. They will join him and live in peace, or he will enforce peace. This card is whats going to be the endgame, since the deck draws and sends monsters so much, allowing a buildup into OTK potential with the combined strength of the constellations banding together for the first time, all back in the deck. Orion's renewed resolve is represented here with his DEF of 0 raised to match his ATK of 3000.

Heavenly Constellation Andromeda Arbiter

Fusion, Level 8, LIGHT Fairy

2 "Heavenly Constellation" monsters

Once per turn, you can return 1 "Heavenly Constellation" monster from your Graveyard to your Deck: Draw 1 card.

2500/1000

What better to help keep peace then an arbiter at the king's side? Sacrificing parts of tye OTK for advantage, she is a slower version of Orion's mass return, and gives us the ever-important consistency.

Heavenly Constellation Delphinus Steed

Synchro, Level 6, LIGHT Aqua

1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can return 1 "Heavenly Constellation" monster from your Graveyard to your Deck. When 1 or more "Heavenly Constellation" monsters is returned to your Deck, you can target 1 other monster you control: If that monster would be destroyed, you can destroy this card, instead.

2200/2000

Because who doesn't want to ride a majestic celestial dolphin across the cosmos. Acts as a noble steed that will sacrifice itself to save those whoride upon it, adds some extra security for your Fusions, which are the ones you REALLY want to protect in this deck,

Heavenly Constellation Centaurus Knight

Synchro, Level 7, LIGHT Beast-Warrior

"Heavenly Constellation Gemini Scion" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, when a "Heavenly Constellation" monster is returned from your Graveyard to your Deck: Target monster your opponent controls has it's effects negated, until the End Phase. When a "Heavenly Constellation" monster, other than this card, is Special Summoned: Return 1 "Heavenly Constellation" monster from your Graveyard to your Deck.

2400/1900

Surely you've noticed the bosses (bar Hercules, cause he wants to keep the status quo, being top dog and all) are all about unifying and reclaiming the Constellations lost to them. This centaur knight uses the inspiration of his reclaimed enemies made allies to fight back against the true enemy.

Heavenly Constellation Scorpius Herald

Rank 5, LIGHT Fiend

2 Level 5 "Heavenly Constellation" monsters

Can also be Xyz Summoned by using the top card of your Deck as Xyz Material when a "Heavenly Constellation" monster is returned from your Graveyard to your Deck during your Main Phase. Once during either player's turn, you can detach an Xyz Material from this card: Send 3 cards fropm the top of your Deck to the Graveyard, and inflict 400 damage for every "Heavenly Constellation" monster sent to the Graveyard this way. When this card you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Heavenly Constellation" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except this card.

2450/1100

Not really agreeing with the King's way of doing things, the Herald sticks a bit to the mindset of the cosmos at war, and using that chaos to suceed, even though he attains power through the methods of the king. This will eventually lead to his destruction, buit on his deathbed he will realize the King's way is indeed just and right, and will strive to reunite the cosmos with his final breath.

(Mario voice) 'ere we go!

[spoiler: Mirror World Extra Monsters]

Space Mage of Mirror World
DARK Level 8
Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect
2500/3000
"Space Warrior of Mirror World" + "Spell Master of Mirror World"
Discard 1 Spell or Trap card: You may Special Summon a monster from your opponent's Graveyard. As long as "Space Mage of Mirror World" remains face-up on the Field, any cards Special Summoned by this effect cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. When "Space Mage of Mirror World" is removed from the Field: Destroy all monsters Special Summoned by the effect of "Space Mage of Mirror World", then flip a coin. If heads, gain Life Points equal to half the DEF of the monster with the highest DEF that was destroyed by this effect. If tails, lose Life Points equal to half the ATK of the monster with the highest DEF that was destroyed by this effect.
If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect: Discard 1 Spell or Trap from your Hand or destroy 1 Spell or Trap you control; this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. You may not Set or activate Spells or Traps until your next End Phase.

Shattered Beast of Mirror World's Destruction
FIRE Level 12
Machine-Fiend-Pyro/Ritual/Effect
500/0
This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of 'Shatter the Mirror'. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each 'Mirror World' monster in your Graveyard. Once per Duel: Banish all cards both players control that are not 'Mirror World' cards; destroy this card at the end of your Turn; you lose life points equal to the ATK of this card.

Gem Wizard of Mirror World
EARTH Level 6
Spellcaster/Synchro
2000/2800
"Gem Synchron of Mirror World" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Refracting Entity of Mirror World
LIGHT Rank 3
Rock/Xyz/Effect
1800/2800
1 Level 3 "Mirror World" monster + 2 Level 3 monsters
When your opponent declares an attack: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Divide the battle damage among the face-up monsters you control (except this card).
When you declare an attack with a monster except this card: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Divide the battle damage among the face-up monsters your opponent controls. If more than one monsters is destroyed as a result of the effect(s) of this card: Attach 1 Xyz Material to this card.

Frost-Space Fighter of Mirror World
WATER Level 8
Warrior/Fusion/Effect
2500/1800
"Ice Archer of Mirror World" + "Space Warrior of Mirror World"
While face-up on the field, this card is also DARK-Attribute. When this card is destroyed by battle: The card that destroyed this card cannot attack or change its battle position until either player controls a face-up FIRE monster.

Gem Guardian of Mirror World
FIRE Level 9
Machine/Synchro/Effect
1000/3500
"Gem Synchro of Mirror World" + "Mirror World Guardian"
During your Battle Phase, before you declare an attack(s): Discard 1 card; Add this card to your hand, facing your opponent; This card gains the following effect: "When your opponent would inflict damage upon you: This card is treated as the target of the damage."; it becomes your End Phase.

Fuse the Broken Mirrors
Spell
Pay 500 Life Points: You can use "Mirror World" monsters from your Graveyard as Materials to Fusion Summon, Synchro Summon or Xyz Summon monsters from your Extra Deck that use them as Materials, or use "Mirror World" monsters as Materials. Pay 500 Life Points for each monster you summon.

I know the phrasing is a little funny on "Gem Guardian of Mirror World" and "Fuse the Broken Mirrors" (which Windfang gave me permission to make), but I couldn't find a card I could base the grammar off of due to the fact that these are effects that I've never seem before. I might lose points on grammar, but I'm willing to take that risk to make (as far as I know) a completely original effect in the case of GGoMW.

Seeing as this seems to be wrapping up, unless Windfang throws something crazy in the next few rounds, I just want to say that it's been really fun doing this with everybody. I learned a lot from you guys (and girls?) about card making and world building. Awesome lore from everybody, the story you can piece together from just a few cards is amazing. It's my first card contest, and I have to say that it's motivated me to enter more when I get the chance to!

Archived