[Finished]Mystery Archetype Challenge Contest

Windfang

It should be similar to Rainbow Ruins where they stack

While you all are working on this I want to get your opinion on my contest idea. It's gonna be another mystery archetype but team battle style. 4/5 teams with 3 members. Same rounds as this one but for each a champion from each team is chosen to do the challenge while the other two have a mini challenge to complete that will effect their champion score.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And...believe it or not, I'm already done.

[spoiler="ELEA-021: Tree of Echoes]EF1O3xr.png

Type: Field Spell
Effect: (This card is always treated as an "Elemental Army" card.)
Once per turn, during either player's turn; whenever a monster is Summoned: Place a number of Echo Counters equal to the Level/Rank of the summoned monster. At the end of each player's End Phase, remove 3 Echo Counter from this card. If there 2 or fewer Echo Counters on this card, destroy it.
004+: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.
008+: Monsters in every player's hand needs 1 less Tribute to be Tribute Summoned.
012+: During each player's Standby Phase; the Turn Player may add 1 monster from their Graveyard to their hand.
016+: Each player draws 2 cards during their Draw Phase instead of 1.

~~~~~~~

Explanation: I was looking for jeweled locations and this reminded me vaguely of the Tree of Beginning from the Pokemon series. The familiarity had me want to use it for the image. It was named the Tree of Echoes due to the fact that the location was an 'echo' of a past location (even if it is mythical), and musical notes can create 'echoes' in cavernous places, which this looks like this is located within. The numbers are high because Level/Rank 12 monsters are indeed a thing.

[spoiler="ELEA-022: Chasm of Silence]D9KEiLy.png

Type: Field Spell
Effect: (This card is always treated as an "Elemental Army" card.)
As long as a "Silence" monster is face-up on the field, face-down cards cannot be activated. If a face-down monster is attacked, it is automatically sent to the Graveyard face-down without damage calculation.

~~~~~~~

Explanation: I had to create one location for the vocal half of the archetype, so now I make one for the silent half. And sometimes, in a location that's dead-silence, it can feel overwhelming and heavy. Ruling-wise, a card sent to the Graveyard by this stays face-down while in the Graveyard.

So do i, that's why i have the cards ready (i really overdid it this time, effectwise).

[spoiler=Beast Shifters' Blue Tower]

nq3hfk.jpg

When a "Beast Shifter" monster is attacked, the attacking monster loses 600 ATK and DEF during damage calculation only.
When this face-up card in your Field Zone is destroyed, you can destroy the card in your left Pendulum Zone and place this card in that zone with Scales 1(Blue) 1(Red) and the following Pendulum Effect: - You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Beast Shift" monsters (this effect cannot be negated).

With this pseudo-boost in stats, It pays homage to "Shien's Castle of Mist", "Wattcastle" and "Otherworld - The A Zone". 

[spoiler=Beast Shifters' Red Tower]

vhf8k2.jpg

Apply the following effect(s) according to the number of monsters on the field:
  • 1 or less: Damage to players is halved.
  • 2 or more: "Beast Shifter" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.
  • 3 or more: Monsters cannot be Set.
  • 5 or more: Your opponent cannot Set Spell/Trap Cards nor activate Spell/Trap Cards that are Set on their field.
When this face-up card in your Field Zone is destroyed, you can destroy the card in your right Pendulum Zone and place this card in that zone with Scales 3(Blue) 3(Red) and no Pendulum Effect. 

Here they are! I'm actually not the last one for a change ^^

Anyway, here are my two Field Spells, hopefully I do the card type justice:

[spoiler: Ruins of Righteous Reflection]

Ruins of Righteous Reflection
Field Spell
When a monster your opponent controls deals Battle Damage to a 'Mirror World' monster: inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If the 'Mirror World' monster is destroyed, switch the battling monster to Defense Position; halve the ATK of all adjacent monsters until your next End Phase.

[spoiler: Hall of Ancient Mirrors]

Hall of Ancient Mirrors
Field Spell
You must have this many cards in your Hand to activate and resolve these effects. • 1+: When you would take damage from your opponent's monsters and card effects: You take no damage; deal damage to your opponent equal to the damage you would have received; discard 1 card. • 2+: Select 1 Main Deck monster your opponent controls. You may treat one 'Mirror World' monster you control with the same Level as the selected monster as if it was the selected monster until it is removed from the Field. • 3+: Select cards in your opponent's hand up to the number of cards in your hand. Your opponent selects the same number of cards in your hand. Both players must reveal the selected cards. • 4+: Special Summon 1 'Mirror World' monster from your Hand. • 5+: Banish all 'Mirror World' cards from your, Field, Hand, and Graveyard; inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each banished 'Mirror World' card. (Cards that include 'Mirror World' in their effect are treated as 'Mirror World' cards.) • 0: Pay 1000 Life Points. You may Special Summon 1 'Mirror World' monster from your Extra Deck. This effect cannot be negated.

If these cards were added to the anime (hypothetically of course, just to add a bit of life to the cards), they would do the following things: RoRR would turn all Mirror World monsters into glass, and they would shatter upon being destroyed, spraying the adjacent monsters, friend and foe, with glass. HoAM would turn the cards in your Hand into mirrors, with each of the effects using the mirrors somehow. Here's the full breakdown:
[spoiler: HoAM effects]
1 card would reflect the attack, but 'shatter' the card that reflected the attack.
2 cards would put a mirror in front each of them and the Mirror World monster would change into the selected monster.
3 cards would reflect your opponent's cards into the mirrors
4 cards would have the mirrors face each other and reflect blinding light, then a Mirror World monster would appear.
5 cards would make the mirrors and all Mirror World cards shatter, then barrage the opponent with the shards.
0 cards would make all of the mirror shards reform into the monster. It technically uses the banished monsters as Summon Materials, doesn't it?

Branching away from the revealing effects for a bit with these two.  It was kinda difficult with my card being dependent on the types (considering the Call of the Forest monsters have 3-5 types I think?), but I think I subverted that decently.  Anyway, here are my field spells!

[spoiler=The Wayward Forest]The Wayward Forest

Field Spell

If this card is in your Graveyard and you control a Normal tuner monster and a field spell, you can destroy both to add this card to your Hand.  When this card is activated, you can add 1 Non-pendulum Normal monster from your Deck to your Hand.  Twice per turn, you can target 1 monster you control, banish it; "Call of the Forest" monsters then gain ATK and DEF equal to half the ATK of the banished monster until the End Phase.  You can only use one effect of "The Wayward Forest" per turn.

[spoiler=Wayward Forest of Possession]Wayward Forest of Possession

Field Spell

You can only activate this card by banishing all copies of "The Wayward Forest" from your Deck, Hand, and Graveyard (min. 1).  This card gains effects equal to the number of "Call of the Forest" monsters you control with the same type: *1+: This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. *2+: Twice per turn, you can declare a Type, Level or Attribute.  All "Call of the Forest" monsters become that Type, Level, or Attribute.  You cannot activate any other "Wayward Forest of Possession" effects the turn you use this effect. *3+: Once per turn, you can tribute a "Call of the Forest" monster you control.  Take control of 1 monster your opponent controls whose Type and Attribute match the tributed monster's (on the field). *5: Destroy this card and all monsters you control.  Take control of all monsters your opponent controls.

All "Call of the Forest" monsters become that Type, Level, or Attribute. 

So could you use them as tributes/ritual summons or something similar as their new level? Probably a stupid question, but I'm wondering if you could to something like have a Level 1 CotF monster be used to summon something that requires a Level 8 monster or something.

People probably expecting me to use DARK attribute, so how shall I do this?

[spoiler: The Butterfly Effect]

ik3CIwS.jpg

Spell: Field

This card gets the following effect(s) according to the number of monsters with different Attributes on the field:
1: During each Standby Phase, you may change the Attribute of one face-up monster on the field.
2: Once per turn: Discard a card; carry out a Standby Phase before returning to the current Phase.
3: "Once per turn" effects can now be activated up to twice per turn.
4: Once per turn: You can return a card that would be banished from the Graveyard to your hand.
5: During your End Phase: Shuffle all cards on the field into their owner's Decks, then return to your Draw Phase.

And here's the one before the weird condition came up.
[spoiler: Infinity Loop]
ynyE2Gf.jpg
Spell: Field
Each player conducts another Standby Phase immediately after their first Standby Phase. During each Standby Phase, inflict 100 damage to your opponent. All "Time Walker" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

[spoiler=Field Spellz]

Cosmic Battleground

Field Spell

When the number of "Heavenly Constellation" monsters in your Graveyard changes, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: It loses 100 ATK for every "Heavenly Constellation" monster in your Graveyard, until the End Phase.

Nebula Fortress

Field Spell

Once during either player's turn, when a "Heavenly Constellation" monster you control is sent to the Graveyard: You can return 1 "Heavenly Constellation" monster in your Graveyard to your Deck and your opponent takes damage equal to half the ATK of the returned monster.

[spoiler= Fear the Bloody Assassins - Field Spells]

[spoiler= Pillars of the Bloody Assassins]

5tFASl1.jpg

You must have this many Spell/Trap cards in your Spell & Trap Card Zone to activate and resolve these effects. • 1+: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. • 2+: Once per turn, you can shuffle 2 "Bloody Assassin" monsters that are banished or are in your Graveyard into the Deck. • 3+: Once per turn, if a "Bloody Assassin" monster you control (whose original ATK is less than 2000) destroys an opponent's monster, you can double the Battle Damage that your opponent would take. • 4+: If a "Bloody Assassin" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle whose original ATK was more than the ATK of that "Bloody Assassin" monster and sends it to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field in Defense Position. • 5+: Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: Target 1 face-up "Bloody Assassin" monster that you control. That card's maximum number of attacks during the current turn's Battle Phase is equal to the number of monsters that your opponent controls + 1. Your opponent takes no Battle Damage from battles involving a "Bloody Assassin" monster you control and a monster that they control, until the End Phase.

[spoiler= Crypt of the Bloody Assassins]

7ARUsQb.jpg

If a "Bloody Assassin" monster is destroyed by battle or card effect during your turn and is sent to the Graveyard: Shuffle it into the Deck. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 LP; Take any number of "Bloody Assassin" monsters that are banished or are in your Graveyard and shuffle them into your Deck, then excavate a card from the top of your Deck. If it is a "Bloody Assassin" monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field, ignoring Summoning conditions. Until the End Phase of the current turn, its effect is negated and it cannot attack. Once per turn, if a "Bloody Assassin" monster you control would be destroyed by battle during your opponent's turn; You can banish it until your next Standby Phase, then end the Battle Phase. Reduce your LP by double the ATK of that "Bloody Assassin" monster during your next Standby Phase. 

Everyone got their reps but if I had to pick my favorite. It would be dramatic crossroad.

Also I was mostly right on my schedule. Sunday and Monday are 6am to 2pm and Tuesday through Thursday are 2pm to 10pm.

ALSO LATER TODAY I WILL POST THE MOST POWERFUL ROUND OF THIS CONTEST!!!!! SO GET YOUR PLANNING PAPERS READY

Archived