[Finished]Mystery Archetype Challenge Contest

Windfang

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As always - i have a few questions:

• We don't have to explicitly state what archetype we're making the anti-support for, right, we just need to mess up their play OR we have to include the archetypes' we're ruining by including the name in card name/effect?

That's all... i know i said questions, but this actually sums it up. 

I think you have to specify the archetype in question. Doesn't mean you can't be an ass and target more than those two archetypes, though...in fact, I may just do that...hm...scheming time...

FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY A$$HOLE. I'M TRIPPING FIVE OF YOU UP!

[spoiler=ELEA-016: Vocal Disarm]m4KeJN9.png

Type: Normal Trap
Effect: (This card is always treated as an "Elemental Army" card and as a "Silence" card.)
Activate only when an "Iggear" Ritual monster is Special Summoned: All Ritual monsters cannot activate their effects for the rest of the turn and are treated as Normal monsters instead of as Ritual monsters until the next End Phase.
~~~
Explanation: Part of my archetype hates anything that creates sound, which is often required in actual real-world rituals. Iggears focus on Rituals. I don't think I have to say much else...other than to complain that finding an image for this card was an utter pain...

[spoiler=ELEA-017: Blow Away]HyzKQWw.png

Type: Counter Trap
Effect: (This card is always treated as an "Elemental Army" .)
Activate only when a "Mirror World" monster is summoned while you control an "Elemental Army Fiato": Banish face-up all monsters on your opponent's side of the field. Monsters banished by this effect return to the field face-up during the Turn Player's next End Phase.
~~~
Explanation: I said before that, since Fiato got short-sticked early on, I'd be doing something with at least him. Well, here's one something! And it looks like the bird got full-thunderstorm p!ssed at the otherworldly invaders!

[spoiler=ELEA-018: Temporal Defense]n3qC3n6.png

Effect: (This card is always treated as an "Elemental Army" card.)
Activate only when a "Time Walker" card changes the current phase to the End Phase of the current turn while you control an "Elemental Army Acqua": It is now the Standby Phase of the current turn.
~~~
Explanation: What's the best way to short-change a time-warping archetype? Do a wee bit of it yourself. :) In regards to linking the anti-warp effect to the Normal monster mentioned here, water is often just as fluid as time itself, is it not? What better element to handle countering such a fickle element. After I did Blow Away, I wound up asking myself one question: "Why not let the others of the Army join in?" I'm just sad there was no way to include the elemental in the picture in any real way...

[spoiler=ELEA-019: Watchful Vigil]TIgvwEA.png

Activate only when a card effect removes a "Heavenly Constellation" card from the opponent's deck while you control an "Elemental Army Terreno": Your opponent sends all "Heavenly Constellation" cards in their hand and Graveyard and from the field to the bottom of their Deck.
~~~
Explanation: Constellations are made of stars, so why not have someone watching for them to fall and return them to where they should be? Far away from all so they can be observed, but not touched? ;) In regards to the dragon quite clearly not looking like Terreno on the Normal monster card, I never said that they always looked like that. Sometimes appearance changes are needed to do what's needed. And when one deals with stars, one needs a pair of wings.

[spoiler=ELEA-020: Overzealous Blaze]AsLGtQz.png

Activate only when a "Call of the Forest" monster is Summoned while you control an "Elemental Army Fuoco": Banish all "Call of the Forest" monsters in the opponent's Graveyard and destroy all "Call of the Forest" monsters on the Field. You take damage equal to 300x the number of monsters Banished by this effect.
~~~
Explanation: Welp, someone's a little too into clearing forests...to the point that it ends up hurting itself. I wound up remembering how farmers would sometimes use flames to clear areas before tilling the soil, using the ashes to create more nutrients for the future generation. The shift of cards in the graveyard was to mirror that.

Here they are (i will post an elaborate explanation on the archetype storyline below)

[spoiler=Beast Shifter - Quizzebub]

348nhg2.jpg

Normal Trap:

Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Fiend-Type / FIRE / Level 4 / ATK 1600 / DEF 800 ) (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) with the following monster effect:

•  While your opponent controls a face-up "Call of the Forest" monster or/and you control a "Beast Shifter" monster Special Summoned from your Extra Deck; Your opponent must play with their hand revealed. Each time your opponent Special Summons a monster; this card gains 600 ATK or DEF until the End Phase (your choice).

[spoiler=Beast Shift - Reverberance]

1113v3m.jpg

Counter Trap:

Activate only when your opponent Summons exactly 1 monster with the same Attribute as a "Beast Shifter" monster you control. Negate the Summon, destroy the monster and if you do, send 1 "Beast Shifter" monster you control with the same Attribute as your opponent's monster to the Graveyard and draw 1 card. 

(Translation: "Flame War", the monster should have aluded to Elemental Army Fuoco, which is FIRE, so is Enzyme, both on the card art)

[spoiler=Beast Shift - Xpire Time]

nzg490.jpg

Continuous Trap:

Each time you take 500 or less damage during your opponent's turn, place 1 Spell Counter on this card. Apply the following effects, according to the number of Spell Counters on this card:
  •  2 or more: Non-monster cards cannot be banished.
  •  4 or more: "Time Walker" monsters lose 100 ATK and DEF for each Spell Counter on this card.
  •  6 or more: Cards and effects that would modify the phases of a player's turn cannot be activated and/or are negated. 

(I know the art isn't great, but my intention is to be a twist on Pseudocall (call was reminscent from The Call in other contestants' lores) from my prev. round, the arts overlay and follow the lineword of the BS crest, and they are "spells" stolen from the world of the heavenly constellations).

[spoiler=Shiftransformosis]

dmf90l.jpg

Normal Trap:

Activate only when 2 or more "Beast Shifter" monsters you control were destroyed during this turn and you control no monsters. Special Summon to your side of the field 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your opponent's Graveyard. That monster is treated as a "Beast Shifter" monster while face-up on the field.

(The monster transformed is from the house of horrors)

[spoiler=Warmongering of the Beast Shifters]

244y80w.jpg

Continuous Trap:

If your opponent controls a Level 3 or lower monster: You can discard up to 3 cards from your hand; Special Summon Level 4 or lower or/and Rank 2 "Beast Shifter" monsters from your Graveyard with different names equal to the number of cards discarded. When this card is removed from the field; destroy those monsters. You can control only 1 "Warmongering of the Beast Shifters".

(The art of Beast shifters bullying Happy Lover should hint at their darker deliquent side. They ARE intended to be antiheroes.)

[spoiler=the beast shifters' story and place in the universe]

It all started long ago in a distant (cartoonish) kingdom. There was a great wizard who was born there and he discovered the power to travel into distant and mysterios worlds. He brought magic and wisdom from these land, but after one of his travels time his personality got reversed, he got egotistic, greedy, and his pride turned into vanity, he sought to have the kingdom and the world to himself. The self-proclaimed mage of darkness used the spells and the crafts he gathered from the different dimensions, trying to replicate an elemental army of his own, but that backfired and his soul was shattered across and his magic was diminished. The mage hid in obscurity for a good hundred years only to return as a dark and powerful black knight with his mysterious 'gang' - the beast shifters. They were incredibly strong, but had a wild side too...

The bunch travels to save from monsters that pleague the world since the age of the second magical war as the black knight wanders around the kindgom collecting his shattered soul into the magical mirror he brought from the mirror world in hope he can revive his glory and finish what he once started... unbeknowns to him however the mirror holds another power.

As Wildfang noted after round 1, i've "stolen" (i love to say borrowed) my arts from Dragon Quest sprite sheets, BUT

i still try to heavily edit them for my own purposes. Some of the pictures i've made on my own, completely, from scratch, like most of my other cards.

Thank you for noticing :) (offers handshakes), it's pretty impressed how much thought you invest in your cards as well, not everyone will bother and make a planning sheet for that purpose. 

BTW, i have 1 more shenanigan in the archetype, like Worms, they have alphabetical numbers (im running out of letters atm, used most).

the mirror world in hope he can revive his glory and finish what he once started... unbeknowns to him however the mirror holds another power.

Are you talking about my mirror world archetype, or another generic one? Because if you are, I might add some of your lore to mine, if I still can without messing my current lore up. And yes, there is indeed another power... *grins ominously*

EDIT: Also... Windfang, why you no have round three scores up? Not to rush you or anything, but...

Not much I know how to fit other archetypes into mine... here goes nothing.

"How about no" anti-archetypes

[spoiler: Celestial Stasis]

Trap: Continuous

"Time Walker" and "Heavenly Constellation" monsters that would be sent to the Graveyard are banished instead. You can Tribute a monster: Banish this card and Special Summon one of your banished "Time Walker" monsters. When this card is destroyed, return all banished "Heavenly Constellation" monsters to the Graveyard.

Story: The Time Walkers travel the timelines of different possibilities and worlds, causing and preventing conflict according to mysterious and seemingly whimsical rules. They have deemed the fight between the Heavenly Constellations to be undesirable, and decided to interfere.

[spoiler: Right Place, Wrong Time]

Trap: Normal

When a monster is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Call of the Forest" card: Tribute a "Time Walker" monster you control; negate the Summon and return the monster to its owner's hand, then your opponent shuffles all Normal Monsters in his hand into the Deck and draws cards equal to the number of cards shuffled into the Deck.

Story: Is the Forest getting corrupted, or is it evolving? Are the Time Walkers aiding its descent into darkness, or preventing it? Their random appearances and encounters with the creatures that inhabit the Forest give away no purpose. What is clear is their hostile attitude towards all who enter.

More normal traps

[spoiler: Time Walk - Distortion]

When your opponent draws a card(s) due to a card effect: Your opponent places 2 random cards from his hand to the top of his Deck. While this card is in your Graveyard, you may banish it to return a "Time Walk" card from your Graveyard to your hand.

[spoiler: Time Walk - Intervention]

When an opponent's monster is destroyed as a result of battle: Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position on your opponent's side of the field, then you may Special Summon a "Time Walk" monster from your hand or Graveyard.

[spoiler: Time Walk - Standstill]

Trap: Continuous

Place 2 Time Counters on this card when it enters the field. Each Standby Phase, place a Time Counter on this card. Each End Phase, remove 2 Time Counters from this card. Destroy this card when it has no Time Counters on it. While this card remains face-up on the field, neither player can declare an attack, except with a "Time Walker" monster.

Are you talking about my mirror world archetype, or another generic one? Because if you are, I might add some of your lore to mine, if I still can without messing my current lore up. And yes, there is indeed another power... *grins ominously*

Ever since round 3 i've tried to create a co-relation to the archetypes (Iggear-related equip spell, PseudoCall, and my ritual spell "Lautir", which is Ritual spelled backwards.) It's your archetype, do what you can and want with it, i'm only trying to reference as much as possible to add a rich Duel-Terminal feel like this is one universe :D 

Sorry for the delay in the round 3 scores. I got hit by the hurricane over the weekend and my power was cutting on and off and my laptop, being the douche it is, decided it wanted to update and reset itself before I can save my work, I have to finish retyping all the summeries I did. I'll have them up tonight

EDIT: ROUND 3 JUDGEMENT POSTED AND REPS GIVEN OUT

Archived