Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Day 10 continued

Mac looked...angry for some reason. Then again, she was always getting worked up over something or the other. "Ari. Did you like...do something?"

"Nah not me. The Circle of Life did it," Ari shrugged.

"Of course you didn't you probably know less than me."

"Hey! I know more than you! I know that the Circle of Life is what causes all of us to be born and die. So there!" the cub stuck out his tongue. However, Mac either wasn't listening or was ignoring him. Typical Mac... he thought. The girl then grabbed one of his twins by the shoulder...and then it changed into her! And then the other twins changed into Mac twins and Kah twins.

"You've got to be kidding me!" the Helioptile shouted.

Ari however, scrunched his face up in thought. "I didn't know people could become different twins. Dad never told me about that. I didn't think that was how the Circle of Life worked..." He tapped his foot on the ground, "Hmm, then that must mean...uh...that must mean...that they're not really twins! Right? Cuz otherwise they'd be breaking the Circle of Life, and that's not allowed. So they must be...uh...magicians? Hey, are you a magician? Can you do magic? Is that why you can change how you look?" He directed the last line at one of the Macs that he had been talking to before.

"What are you talking about?" the Mac clone responded. "I'm Mac."

"But uh...no you're not," Ari sweatdropped.

"No I'm Mac," another Mac spoke up.

"Same here!"

"Wait, so am I!"

"No, you're a dragon."

"Oh, so I am."

"Actually, your name is Kah," Ari supplied helpfully.

"Oh yeah, I'm Kah."

"No I'm Kah!"

"We're all Kah."

"How can you all be Kah though?"

"Because we are."

"Are you really Ari?"

"Uhh...I think I am?"

"Well now I'm Ari."

"I'm Ari too!"

"I'm confused..."

"I'm still Mac."

"I'm still Kah."

"I'm that other dragon," another spoke up, who also happened to be holding Mac's pack for some reason.

"Hey Kazo why are you holding Mac's bag?"

"No, I'm Kazo."

"So am I."

Ari whipped his head back and forth before collapsing on the ground in confusion.

tRCh4Z6.png

Day 8 continued

As Easter ran, he couldn't help but feel a sense of déjà vu. Memories of another fox kit, around this one's age... No. He shook his head. Now's not the time for reminiscence.

The kit had been frozen for a long time, but suddenly she started to move. "Thank you..." She buried her face into his shoulder. "Thank you!"

Easter's face softened. "You're most welcome," he replied, a hint of his learned charm slipping through. Dark type though this girl may be, she lacked the sinister confidence that most of her brethren did. Plus, she was a child. He didn't discriminate between children.

The young Wooper the Emboar was currently carrying started to speak too. "Thanks pretty lady for saving my new sister!"

Oh yeah. I'm dressed like a girl. He had briefly forgotten in the fray, the chaos reminding him of when he fought alongside Whisper, who knew his gender. "Heehee, no problem."

"Whoooaaaaaa. Hey, hey Brooke, that man seems angry, maybe he needs some cheering up! Maybe not."

Easter gritted his teeth. He didn't dare look behind for fear of losing his footing while doing so, but he could hear the angry crackling of Thundurus' ire. Just stay right there... he thought. I'll come for you soon.

However, he found himself distracted by Dora's query. "Where are we gonna sleep tonight!?" It reminded him that these people were currently homeless. Hmm. Homeless people. Thundurus. Homeless people. Thundurus. No, Thundurus was the more immediate problem. There was always a chance he would go after the evacuees. Setting the Zorua kit down gently beside the Emboar, he tore back to the town with little more than a goodbye.

Only to find that the legend had...disappeared. He glanced around, before the familiar crackle of electricity caught his ears. Turning he noticed a dark cloud with lightning bolts zipping through it. No, it can't be... "Damn it!" he swore, punching the side of a nearby wall, the only part left of what was once a fine bar. "You coward! Using up all your energy like that. You think just because you're in this Forme I'll go easy on you?" He charged up a Moonblast, before sighing and swallowing the energy down. "Ugh, it's not even worth it. Mark my words though, you'll pay for what you've done here." The Sylveon kicked a rock at the cloud moodily before stomping away.

When he reached the evacuees, he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You guys don't have to worry about Thundurus for now. Looks like he's used up all his energy. He should stay in that Forme for a while."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Pride Rock

It looked as though Beatrice's needles had all missed their mark, as the leading Mightyena ducked the lot of them and dug his way underground. That would prove to be annoying later down the track, but right now, she needed to concentrate on beating the rest of these Dark-types so that she could save this kingdom. Speaking of which, two of them tried to flank her right then and there, but she was on it instantly, jumping backwards so that the two would collide into each other.

"Waaaaiiiit a minute," Beatrice blinked in confusion for a few seconds as she remembered the one on the right, "You were supposed to be dead, you funk!"

With that, Beatrice slammed the heel of a heavy combat boot right into the already injured Mightyena's spine, before he could even recover from the previous collision. Hopefully this would also stagger the one right next to him, in which case she'd be able to follow that up with a Mighty Corkscrew attack. However, there was still the case of the missing Denku, and the only way she'd know where he was was to keep one of these bastards alive and interrogate him.

'Why the hell did he have to do a disappearing act for?' Beatrice mused after a brief sigh.

Kazo's eye twitched as he looked at the village, there were... A bunch of Kahs and Macs. Nope, nope, nope! He could barely handle one of each, how was he going to handle a village?

I aaaaaiiiin't having none of that!" he yelled. The dragon stated as he began to open the door, get on the floor, and walk the dinosaur. He, however, then tripped, falling to his face. With a groan, he began to do the worm, wiggling his way out of the village and disappearing into the forest.

Denku could hear it. There was a battle up ahead. If they could stop the Mightyena here, then they could ruin James's plans. Right now, he couldn't focus on being calm and rational. He needed to get in and do as much damage as possible. So he needed to emulate the most reckless person he knew... Bea.

DATTE-funking-BAIYO!!" Denku cried as he leapt into the air, charging an Earthquake. He landed right behind most of the Mightyenas, unleashing his attack while staying as far from Bea as possible.

uxwDnhl.png?1

That worked better as expected. The Xatu didn’t actually manage to protect herself from the corpse battering, and supported by the Hurricane Celia summoned afterwards, the Xatu managed to crash into the ground. Yet, disappointingly Celia didn’t manage to capitalize on it as the clones, as expected decided to bumrush her as soon afterwards. Barraging her with their usual Air Slashes, Celia ended up having to run to the safety behind the corpse pile not too far away from her current position, but even then she still grazed some of the attacks, and it really did quite hurt.

However, something more pressing happened not long afterwards. The Xatu, probably finally realizing the fact that she probably would be going to die here, ended up deciding to go to the edge of the barrier as what seemingly looking like an attempt to escape, her mission failed. But of course, Celia couldn’t simply let her do that, could she? The clones weren’t really worth her time anyway, and as Celia thought about how should she try attacking the Xatu next, she also summoned a thundercloud to deal some shock waves to the Xatu clones.

It was then that she noticed the Houndoom was also charging at the Xatu with as much power as he could with his flames, and it now did remind her of the plan she had in mind. The last ditch that kind of would’ve made things not really going to be good for her, but eh, she couldn’t care less about her pride right now. She already gave the Xatu a lot of chances to die beautifully, but she didn’t take any of it, so an undignified death could probably work, even if it wouldn’t be her that would deal the finishing blow.

Without much time to spare, instead of doing her usual dance to use the attack, Celia simply belched dragon fire to engulf the pile of corpses she was using for cover right now. The next part would require some precise control on the weather, and while it was nothing that she’d be unfamiliar to, the extent of what she was going to do would require more than her usual tricks. Projecting a circular motion on the harsh winds in this storm by constantly shifting the desired direction of the winds, Celia attempted to create a sort of tornado going, although she would at best probably produce a wind funnel from doing it.

Nevertheless, it was to some extents successful, and she could manage to increase its angular velocity more and more now. With the funnel done, the next thing to do would be the hardest. Taking one of the burnt body in front of her, she focused her strength on her arms and then threw the body towards the funnel as she then immediately attempted to control the body’s movement so that it’d-

“Oh damn it.”

The body managed to enter the funnel, but it was soon thrown towards the wrong direction. Calculations weren’t really her strong point anyway, but still, seeing it fail like that was annoying. Trying once more by taking another corpse, she started to figure out a way to properly aim with the funnel as she now realized that she shouldn’t get it released on a straight line towards the Xatu. As the trajectory seemed to curve due to the spin, she should aim to have the funnel release the body around a quarter of a full revolution or something similar if she wished to hit the Xatu. The second attempt confirmed it, as it now didn’t miss the Xatu’s direction by much, but she needed to be more accurate.

It was the fourth attempt that had her finally succeeding in throwing the burning corpse javelin towards the Xatu’s direction, coming at her at full speed after gaining the momentum from the many spins it took on the funnel she created. For good measure, she threw another corpse to confirm that the route was clear. Of course, it exposed her fully to the Xatu’s clones, but at this point, it was not important. Celia had readied herself. Still managing to retain some of the now-disappearing buffs from the Dragon Dance, she readied her stance, and launched herself into the air assisted by the winds, going towards the funnel herself. The spin was dizzying so much that she was having a hard time focusing on staying conscious enough to maintain the funnel, but by clawing her own hands enough for it to drip blood, the pain was enough to let her stay conscious throughout the process, and not long afterwards, she released herself from the tornado funnel, going towards the Xatu’s direction at a ridiculous speed supported by the Spin and the tailwind that now carried her as she started to activate her Outrage stance again to coat herself in dragon fire.

“You’re not going anywhere now!”

Her plan was to smash right to the Xatu with the speed she was going with, right towards the barrier if she had to. If this hits, even with Reflect up this would do a lot of numbers to her that would probably be enough to drop her down for the Houndoom to handle. Failing that, the last resort would be Celia latching onto the Xatu, pinning her as she strikes her with a series of Thunders. That could perhaps screw herself up too, but as long as she could see that smug emotionless face of the stupid bird wiped off her face, Celia would be happy.

yUaDQKQ.png?1

“You are troubled, child. As are many children.”

“…Mother, is it really you?”

As the tears dried from her, Fjanna saw the figure of an…indescribably beautiful woman, someone that was foreign to her, yet she felt an immense sense of familiarity coming from her. Fia was driven into silence as the figure wrapped her hands around her, taking a while to actually comprehend what was happening before she answered the embrace of the loving flames.

“Finding one’s destiny is a noble pursuit, but I wonder…do you not have any hopes for your own future?” A question was what the woman said as Fia attempted to hold her close and feel more of this warmth she never felt before in her life.

“I…I don’t…I really don’t have any. Fate…you…destiny…something…I don’t know anymore. I shouldn’t have been here. I should’ve been dead many times over. I…I wish to seek you. I saw an image of you one day, and…that was when…me, who had no future ahead of me, decided to seek you out.

I…I thought that fate had decided the way for me in about everything in my life, and that the best way I could do was to follow it. I still do…but…at that time, I felt…I want to have my own wings one day. For once…I want to seek you, the one that I felt to be the one that tied my fate from that chance vision. I felt…you would be the one that held the key that could grant me the wings I wanted.”

Shifting between delirious, stuttering, aware, and confident, Fia told the figure her answer, still clutching to her as tight as she could. She didn’t want to let go.

“These children you speak of, do you believe you are leading them towards the right path? Or are you only pushing them towards the path you want from them? What will you do if your child defied you?” The figure continued to ask Fia questions.

“I…I don’t know. I…I just want them to be happy, I want to be a good mother for them, but I don’t know how. I…don’t even have any idea whether I am pushing them down any paths. I…think perhaps I had failed…failed in connecting to them.

They always defied me. Bea was constantly getting herself into trouble…but I couldn’t even guide her to the right way in all those times. Like this, from this child-like body of mine, my voice wouldn’t reach any of them. Denku…he was carrying a heavy burden. He was always suffering, always covered in dark clouds, and…perhaps he wasn’t long for this world. I just wished for him to smile just once, but…once again…I couldn’t understand my own child. And Albrecht…she disappeared. She left us…perhaps because I was a bad mother to her too. I just wish that I could understand them. I could read them…but at the same time…I couldn’t…I’m hopeless.

I’m really hopeless…am I?”

A pause.

Had it be any other time, Fia would’ve felt that something was wrong, but as she was still holding her mother figure close, feeling the warmth her body radiated, she couldn’t think of anything else now.

“Time is growing short. Even as I rest, I feel the world is changing. The world may die soon. And with the death it is heading towards there will be no rebirth.

What will you do?”

What would she do?

Fia couldn’t get herself to say anything. It was unexpected, and…even if it was not what fate had chosen her to shoulder alone, or even for her to shoulder at all, those words fell at her like a torrential rain of boulders, a mountainous responsibility too much for her little figure to even get close to. But she…the mother she never had…the glorious figure…her…her mother, she asked her on what she would do. Whether she was ready or not, Fia had to answer. Without thinking and simply by following her heart, words flowed from Fia.

“Perhaps…the world was fated to die one day. Everyone, everything was bound by fate, after all. But…I…I can’t let that happen. I don’t want to let it happen. I don’t…I don’t want the dark to envelop this world.

I…I’ll find a way to stop it. I’ll…I will rekindle the waning flames that held this world together. If there was anyone that tried to end this world…I’ll try to stop them. For my children’s future.For everyone’s future.

I will not die until I could present that to them. Even though the ideal  is high, I will never give in. Therefore, I will never die with regrets.

If the world needs it…then I’ll be the flames of rebirth that would herald the world’s future as its sun too. I…one day, even if I’ll die or worse…I’ll be the warmth that embraces everyone’s heart in this world…a loving mother’s embrace, just like…just like how you embraced me now.”

Her voice became more and more faint, and by the end, it was once again replaced with sobbing, but this time Fia was smiling as she cried and cried, letting out all the emotions she had buried for the sake of appearing as a “perfect” and infallible mother and saint to everyone. She wasn't even sure about what she was talking about anymore, but perhaps, even if what she said was incorrect, even if what she said was something impossible, despite of everything, that was what she chose as her answer.

“T…thank you…for…for not leaving me.Thank you…for being here…mother…”

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

"Well...if you're not pirates...why were you with them? T-they are! I-I remember, well, I was told, about a while back...They attacked a Fryst ship to steal something, something the lord REALLY REALLY wanted...Ever since then they had been sending less aid here and...Taking some of our people...It's all the pirates fault, they wouldn't have taken my dad away if the pirates didn't take the thing the lord wanted! I'm sure it would've worked out, whatever it was..."

No doubt the kid was talking about that damn flute thing that could be used to control Kyurem.  Taiga wanted to bop the kid one so hard, but it was understandable that he was upset.  Taiga wasn't good with family bonds, since carvanna's were on their own the day they were born.  This boy's strong connection to her father made her kinda jealous...and even more upset in the process.  Showing up in their room and accusing them of being pirates was totally uncalled for.  

"Look kid, I don't care about your damn pirate vendetta, alright?!  We ain't pirates, we didn't steal your treasure, and we sure as hell didn't take your damn stinkin' father from ya!"  She gritted her teeth as they grinded are wore down against each other.  "If you wanna have a grudge against anybody, you should hate the guts of that lord of yours, or whatever you wanna call 'em!  He'd probably use that treasure for some stinkin nefarious purpose or somethin'!"  This was textbook villain behavior.  Taiga pushed against the boy's forehead with a single digit.  "And lastly, ya little twerp, that treasure that they stole from you, got stolen from them."

There were no promises that they weren't going to steal it back however.  

PVLXe6V.png?1

The next few minutes were a blur of activity. Fawkes was almost struck by a bolt of lightning, and Brooke wasn’t the one able to save her. A blast of glowing energy intercepted the attack and the two abilities struggled for dominance for a moment, before exploding in a spectacular blast of light. Brooke exhaled a breath she hadn’t known that she’d been hold, nodding appreciatively at the girl(?) (she was only able to discern for certain that Fawkes’ savior was one of the rare Fairy-types, but something about their scent seemed off).  

She didn’t have time to dwell on that, though; they had to get going! With both of the much smaller Gijinka carried, they made quick time sprinting for the exit to the city. Brooke glanced back every so often to make sure the Sylveon Gijinka didn’t fall behind, but she (?) seemed to be just fine keeping pace with her. Fawkes still seemed to be in a bit of shock from her run-in with death, her head buried in her savior’s neck, small trembling, but otherwise intact.

"Whoooaaaaaa. Hey, hey Brooke, that man seems angry, maybe he needs some cheering up!" Dora squirmed like a worm, trying to roll herself toward the Thundurus.

Brooke wrapped her arms more firmly around her, casting a worried glance toward the sky. “Kiddo, sometimes you just have to let people burn themselves out. He’d hurt you if you got close to him right now, so best to stay with me and Fawkes, where it’s safe,” she said, but the last part was more to reassure herself. Could she really keep the kids safe from a legendary? When she was little, she had thought that all legends were myths. Why would anything with that much power let a horrible place like Deku exist? Why would they let so many people suffer? When the news of a legendary being slain had cropped up, she had been in as much shock as everybody else.

Not only did that mean they were real, but that meant there was Gijinka out there strong enough to kill them. Until now, she had told herself that the only way that was possible was that legends weren’t nearly as strong as the tales said they were, because nothing that strong could be defeated. Now… Brooke had seen firsthand what a Legendary could do, but that wasn’t what had caught her off guard. What caught her off guard was that she understood how a normal Gijinka could find the courage and the power to stand up to a legendary.

They finally reached the exit of the city, and Brooke looked back towards the sky toward the legend. She would be a liar if she claimed she wasn’t scared, but she had no doubt in her mind; she would bring the Distortion World itself down upon Thundurus before she let him hurt anyone else.

"Where are we gonna sleep tonight!?"

Brooke was broken from her ruminating by Dora, doe-eyed and innocent as always. “Outside. Have you ever hearda camping, Dora? It’s really fun. We can make a fire, and tell stories, and when you’re getting ready to go to sleep you can see the stars in the sky. It’s great, right, Fawkes?” She didn’t add that sleeping outside hadn’t been so fun when she had done it as a kid, in the streets, and she doubted it had been very great for Fawkes either. Dora really did not need the gritty details.

While she was talking, Brooke noticed that the girl (?) from before was missing, but she (?) returned right as it came to that Emboar gijinka’s mind.  "You guys don't have to worry about Thundurus for now. Looks like he's used up all his energy. He should stay in that Forme for a while."

Something was still off about the Sylveon, but Brooke owed them a lot. Even if they seemed to know a bit too much about Thundurus. She nodded, and placed Dora safely on the ground to offer the Sylveon her hand to shake. “I owe you a lot, but the best I can do right now is a name. I’m Brooke. What about you?”

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)

Mac reached out to touch one of the Ari clones...only for it to turn into another Mac. Then the rest of the clones began turning into Macs and Kahs. There were also a couple Kazos and Aris among the bunch. The fakes then began chatting amongst themselves, reassuring one another about their identities. Ari had collapsed on the ground in confusion, and Kazo was...being Kazo. This boy sure had a way with unconventional methods of movement. However, there was still the problem of...whatever was behind this, mimicking Kah. There could be only one!

Kah seriously wanted to knock one of the fakes into next week. She would have too, were it not for two very clear problems. First, with Ari and Kazo out of the picture, it would be just her and Mac versus everybody here. They'd also have no way to tell each other from the enemies. Second, Kah was still very hungry and very tired. She hated to admit it, but she wasn't in any condition to fight right now. That said, the village had no way of knowing the latter, did they? They were still seriously frustrating a starving dragon; not the best of ideas.

"How about you fakes show me what's really going on here?" Kah growled, baring a set of sharp dragon teeth. "I'm starving and pissed off, and...well, cowards who need to hide behind another person's face look awfully appetizing."

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"You're most welcome."

The epic reatreat continued as a short conversation between Dora and the mystery woman that seemed vaguely familiar went on. Fawkes wasn't really listening. She was too busy thinking about not dying here. Before she even knew it, everyone was out of the city safe and sound. And dry, at least in Fawkes's case. Arceus bless raincoats. Wet hair was the worst. Brooke didn't seem to fare so well though; she was soaked. Once on her feet and no longer in the mystery woman's arms, Fawkes opted to flop onto her back, facing upward with her arms spread out. And then, out of the blue, Dora brought up a very good question, catching Fawkes's attention.

"Where are we gonna sleep tonight!?"

“Outside. Have you ever hearda camping, Dora? It’s really fun. We can make a fire, and tell stories, and when you’re getting ready to go to sleep you can see the stars in the sky. It’s great, right, Fawkes?”

"Huh? Y-Yeah, it's really fun," Fawkes commented, directing her eyes away from Dora and up toward the sky. Not really because Fawkes felt like seeing what was up there, but primarily because she didn't have it in her to lie right to Dora's face. It wasn't that Fawkes thought camping wasn't great; just that she'd never experienced actual camping before. The closest she'd been to it was sleeping in the streets of Deku, making up stories on her own about the White Fury and how awesome they were. It was still blowing her mind a bit that they actually existed.

"You guys don't have to worry about Thundurus for now. Looks like he's used up all his energy. He should stay in that Forme for a while."

“I owe you a lot, but the best I can do right now is a name. I’m Brooke. What about you?”

Right, what was this mystery woman's name? Fawkes's eyes shifted over to the stranger, but the Zorua didn't move from her position on her back. Part of it was because she needed to take a breather after having been nearly killed, but also because her posture would be all wobbly if she tried standing up. She still felt weak at the knees.

"I'm Fawkes," she added. "Thank you again for back there."

Team Karaoke, vs Xatu

Gwen saw the Xatu heading for Alleria, and the original trying to escape. Part of her wanted to let them go, not wanting to fight any longer, but she knew how dangerous they were. Still, did that justify it? Gwen wasn't so sure.

However it seemed it wasn't up to her, as both Nine and Alleria attacked. Before Gwen could make up her mind, she suddenly lurched forward, the poison from earlier working through her body, and everything started to spin as she fell to the ground.

The Xatu was moving as swiftly as it could, focused entirely on its retreat, when they were enveloped by massive flames. They paused momentarily and tried batting away the flames, pushing their light screen outwards away from themselves to limit the amount of damage done. The clones once more took action and flung themselves at Nine.

However the Xatu would find themselves with a whole other issue. Alleria herself was hurtling towards them at a speed that they couldn't have anticipated. They slammed into the Xatu and both of them crashed into the barrier, both hitting the solid wall of Psychic energy. There was a crack as the Xatu's skull slammed against the wall, and they fell to the ground, darkness slowly overtaking their awareness as the clones faded from existence, mere feet from Nine.

A village. In the mountains. Worshipers of Arceus, the long lost God of Adarid. Danger approaching. One who intended to destroy their God. They would be the sacrifice that would bring Arceus' wrath upon this would be Godslayer. The village was weak, unprotected, relying on Arceus' will to keep them from the sight of enemies. But Arceus has vanished and this Godslayer was coming for them.

One fighter. A city of a thousand, yet only one who could fight. The scholar, the sage, the young Xatu teacher named Kiwidinok. They offered a plan, a strange and desperate plan. They would take upon themselves the combined spirit of the people of the city, in an attempt to grow strong enough to combat this threat.

The plan worked. However the pain and confusion was unpredictably intense and Kiwidinok lost themselves. When the Godslayer arrived they were in no condition to fight. "Join me and I will rid you of this curse". The Godslayer offered. They agreed readily.

A young Drapion, a girl who had hid instead of joining the city in this endeavor, watched on with horror. Believing it was their fault, that if she had been courageous enough to join the rest, perhaps things would have been different, young Fiona vowed to help Kiwidinok, the vassal for the city's soul, however she could.

Team Mac, Mysterious Village

It was getting worse and worse. Mac whipped her head back and forth, trying to decide who to look at and who was right and who was wrong and what by Arceus was this place even?

Then she saw Kazo running away, or...was he? She was starting to wonder if her lackey was broken somehow.

Ari, at least, she thought that was Ari...suddenly collapsed. Mac rushed over to the boy and knelt, grabbing him. "Hey, whoa, you okay? What did you guys do to him?" She shouted at the group nearby. It felt...odd yelling at herself.

They seemed guilty and uncomfortable, and started to apologize, in voices unlike those they were using before, not sounding like Mac and her group anymore.

Meanwhile the clones being threatened by Kah started shaking their head avidly. "We're not cowards! This is just what happens when we see new people, honest, it is! Uhh...h-here!" Suddenly they all started to change, into pink, strangely blobby, Gijinka. "We didn't mean to hurt the little boy! We just wanted to play is all!" Looking around the group would notice that none of the Gijinka seemed older than 16 years of age.

One of them, the smallest, approached holding Mac's bag. "u-u-u-uh s-s-s-s-s-s-sorry" they whispered.

The village then announced that they'd feed the travelers as much as they wanted in exchange for all the trouble they caused.

"Well...good then!" Mac said, before turning back to Ari. "C'mooon get uuuup." She said, somewhat worried sounding.

Far away from the village, Edgelord was finally winding down from his rage fit. He paused and looked around, paranoid, and a moment later the Gardevoir, Ankou, was before him. "Ah!" He shouted, before flushing red and clearing his throat in an awkward attempt to cover up his shout.

"You failed." She said, sadly.

"No! They ran, I would have had them!" Edgelord responded.

Ankou stepped forward and brought a hand to Edgelord's face. "You still failed. You're lucky it's me you're dealing with. But lose another fight and I might not be so lenient. Worry not, I will give you something to aid you next time your talents are needed."

She brought forth a metallic coat, which Edgelord recognized instantly. He took it reverently and whispered his thanks before putting it on. A glow surrounded him and his form started to shift slightly. When the glow disappeared there was a new, and improved Edgelord "Heh, fits like a glove." He said.

Team Neo Not Dark

"Camping camping camping yaaaaay!" Dora said, shaking with happiness. She looked over to the nearest Gijinka, some Aipom she didn't know. "We're gonna go camping!" She shouted at him, and he gave a strained smile in return. Dora starting spinning again and singing "C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G".

Meanwhile the rest of the Gijinka nearby debated what to do. Some of them decided to try and go back and salvage what they could, many wanted to just raid the place and leave, and others still just left right then and there. Not many stayed behind, but the group that did set up a basic campsite well away from the city.

Everyone kept glancing at the ominous Thunderus-cloud that crackled with energy still. It almost felt more dangerous now than before.

It had been the afternoon when this all started, but the storm clouds seemed to darken the area, and so they started a bonfire right there. Dora almost fell into it a grand total of 12 times while they were building it.

Some of the Gijinka had gotten food from the city before leaving and they were willing to share. It seemed that finally, after being destroyed, Deku was somewhat together as a people.

They told stories to try and lighten the mood. Like the one about the demi-legend who came from humble origins to challenge the Adarid Arena and won. And the one about a Politoed who only wanted to run a restaurant but was turned into a real frog by an evil Ghost type.

Throughout it all Dora listened with rapt attention, but something was bothering her. "I wonder where Sam is..."

Team Sexual Tension, the War of Pride Rock

The Mightyena that Bea brutalized wouldn't be getting up any time soon, and the other one attempted to move quickly to get out of her way. But that was when....

"DATTE-f***ing-BAIYO!!"

Suddenly a Pupitar that would be all too familiar to the Mightyena came crashing in and sent a quake throughout the battle. They seemed to have attempted to keep it towards the Mightyena, but many of the fighters were now mingled with each other, and they all, including Bea, would be affected. Though only several of them, including Mightyena and Pride Rock soldiers, would be brought down, they all would gain some injury, or at least be knocked off their feet. The Mightyena leader would be forced to the surface, having gotten his arm broken in the attack.

That was when a shockwave came rushing into the fray. Electricity raced along the ground until it stopped...underneath a staggered Pyroar. A bolt of lightning shot upwards and struck the man, sending pain throughout his body.

Jabari was suddenly in the fray, slamming into the Luxray beside the Pyroar he had attacked. Jabari's body was wreathed in flames and it seemed that after the strike he got even faster. He spun and struck the Pyroar, cracking his skull and dropping him with a single blow.

A Luxray attempted to attack Jabari with a Wild Charge but the Zebstrika stopped him by grabbing his throat mid-charge. He squeezed tightly, snapping the soldier's neck and crushing his throat. The Mightyena seemed encouraged by this, cheering on the Zebstrika, they set upon the Pride Rock soldiers with renewed vigor.

Tossing the body aside Jabari called out "Outsiders, this is not your fight. I give you a chance to leave. Take it now or you will die here along with these soldiers."

“T…thank you…for…for not leaving me.Thank you…for being here…mother…”

Fia's true feelings having broken out, the warmth around her became even more loving. The figure that was standing before her smiled and started to fade. Only from sight, however, as Fia could still feel the woman holding onto her. Her voice came, soft, as if whispering into her ear. "You are a wonderful child. You have flaws, as does everyone, but you must strive to be better than your flaws. Your determination and spirit warms my heart. I am blessed to have a child such as you. Now, Fia, you must return to the world. For there is much danger. I wish that I could help you, however I am still in my slumber. Come find me when you feel like you can, I will be waiting." Fia suddenly got a flash of an image. Mountains, towards the south, a small and humble temple in between two tall peaks. "I shall give unto you a gift. You may not have your full potential yet, child, but one day you will fully awaken. Just remember that everyone exists as one. Their flaws are your flaws and yours are theirs. Work together and overcome."

Fia would find herself back in the room with the king. The fire had vanished, yet Fia felt a warmth nonetheless.

The king, and Rafiq, smiled at the girl almost as warmly. But their smiles faded as noises suddenly could be heard from beyond the opening....

Two guards stood in the entrance to Pride Rock, one bored, one alert. The alert one noticed movement and turned to warn his comrade.

BGM

The second guard grinned at the first and grabbed him by the side of the head, slamming it into the wall. Moments later the movement that the now unconscious guard had noticed revealed itself...

Four dozen Mightyena swarmed across the plains, and the guard stepped aside to allow them to enter Pride Rock. The remaining guards that were loyal to the king began fighting back valiantly, however they would discover that many of their number would turn on them and join the Mightyena in this battle.

Richard heard the shouts and started forward, moving past Fia on the way to the opening. Then James came into view. "Brother, what is..." Behind James came two Pyroar, and two Mightyena. "What's the meaning of this?"
"Meaning? Don't you get it yet? No, you wouldn't. A fool king like you would never understand my genius. This is a coup, dear brother. The coup of a century! Your loyal soldiers are away, facing but a portion of the true threat, and you are here with but a girl to defend you. Surrender now and I might just lock you away."

Richard let out a low growl, and a fiery aura surrounded him. "You DARE threaten me? You dare betray me? You're my brother! We ate together, played together, and fought together, and now this!?"

"Oho, so this is the power of a Disciple, I see...No matter, you are outnumbered, and you WILL fall. We have done much together but you always were above me, but not anymore, now it's MY turn!" He looked to the soldiers beside him. "Kill him!"

As soon as James had entered, the silent Whimsicott and taken Rafiq by the arm and pulled him backwards. It was clear they would not interfere with this fight, though Rafiq looked outraged nonetheless.

uxwDnhl.png?1

Aand, she did it!

Like a ball hitting the bull's eye, Celia hit the Xatu right at her body, crashing her and herself into the barrier. The hard impact was enough to give Celia some concussions, but even as they fell, she still managed to retain some of her consciousness as the impact she had with the barrier was softened by the Xatu's body as a cushion, although Celia couldn't really say the same thing about her. The Xatu would probably had her skull and spine cracked, at the very least, and it would crack even more as they crashed into the ground, with Celia managing at the last moment getting on top of her prey.

"I..I win! Take that you stupid bird!"

She was yelling in a victorious trance, feeling the euphoria of managing to deal with a threat as strong as the green bird. Her consciousness fading as the bleeding on her forehead continued, and the poison from Fiona's attacks earlier were still eating her too, but none of those mattered for the bird that was deep in her victory celebration. Not minding the Houndoom and her comrades, the two that were now unconscious, she started looking at the Xatu with a resentful look as the flames from her Outrage started to pool in on her right palm.

"I don't care about any pleas you might have. I don't care about what kind of goals, noble or not that you had in your mind, chaotic as it is. Only one thing is important for me.

You've broken my heart, so it's time for me to break yours now."

The flaming talons that were raised came down with all the force Celia could muster at that moment, and it ripped right through the Xatu's broken ribs. Like taking a peach from a tree, Celia ripped the vital organ that was stored there, and showcased it to the bird as she laughed gleefully in front of her face.

"Look! Beautiful, isn't it? Such a fragile, yet wonderful thing. Beating still, full of life yet inches away from death...

I doubt you'll miss it."

She crushed the heart that she took from her, and still in her victorious trance, she started to munch on what remained from the heart, all while she laughed and laughed to her heart's content as her consciousness faded and faded.

It was like she's in the highest of all highs.

M54v8vA.png?1

After having launched the flamethrower, Nine had a slight bit of dismay run through him as he saw that the attack was mostly absorbed. While it did do damage, it wasn't nearly enough to bring down the God Slayer themselves, and Nine wasn't quite sure if he could muster anything more powerful than that up before the Xatu managed to get away. This was only accentuated by the fact that now the Xatu clones were going to be charging at him, seeming like they were primed to bring him down as well. Which left with him the slight dilemma of whether or not to focus on striking at the Xatu again, probably getting torn apart in the process, or dealing with the clones and letting the original escape. While Nine was unsure of what would be best here, he was suddenly reminded of the fact that he was not alone in this fight. He felt the force of the wind start to pick up, getting stronger as it seemed to localize around an area, one that was most likely where the Altaria was. As he looked at the wind tunnel that was formed by this weather dragon, he saw what appeared to be bodies flying straight towards the Xatu, until they all crashed into the God Slayer and smashed it against the barrier. 

As this happened, the clones that were advancing upon him seemed to vanish into thin air, thankfully as well as he had been more taken in by the sight of whatever it was that was going on in the air then his own safety at the moment. As the two bodies of the fliers fell to the ground, the weather seemed to calm down and return to normal, as Nine decided to go check out the state of the two fighters. As he saw that the Altaria was standing victoriously above the Xatu, Nine started to approach them...and then she started to revel in her victory. In a mix of shock, horror and confusion, Nine was completely taken aback by the sight of the Altaria tearing and crushing the heart of their fallen foe. Brutality like this wasn't foreign to the boy, though not common enough to make him not question what he was watching. Muttering a, "what?"in bewilderment as he saw her do this act, it became very clear to Nine that this Altaria wasn't entirely sane. He had figured she was just kind of a bit off in the head prior to this, due to her flirtatious greeting in the middle of an incredibly serious fight and her strategy of corpse flinging but...this was on a totally different level of insanity. 

Letting out a sigh, as there were no words that he could quite use to describe his feelings at the moment, Nine walked over to the Altaria. He was only more unnerved by her as he saw the most blissful grin on her face, only further driving in her insanity to him, and with a mix of sincerity and wariness he said, "yeah. Good job there..you. High five on that one."As he said this, he lifted his hand up to give the girl a congratulatory high five. As he went to go meet her with his hand, it swiftly closed into a fist as he struck the girl square in the face to knock her out. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"While the girl was clearly in no state, physically or mentally, to answer this question, Nine couldn't help but ask the dragon. 

Attempting to calm himself down, Nine let out a deep exhale once again as he looked around to assess the current situation. The fight was over, the slums were a mess, and there were bodies lying everywhere. "I guess I won?" Nine said only to himself. "Yeah, good going ,you certainly saved everyone and beat the bad guy. Way to go Nine," he sarcastically congratulated himself. With absolutely no idea how to fix this situation he said, "yo Azelf, you can hear me, right?"He had no evidence that the being could actually, but given that it had a good awareness of just about everything within the barrier, so it was worth a shot. "Yeah, the Xatu is," he looked at the desecrated body before swiftly turning away and saying, "well probably entirely dead. It's...not really sure what to do about the body but uh, yeah, it's over. The Altaria is also down an out, not dead though, I don't think anyone else is, so uh...yeah. Mission accomplished?"In order to make lugging these bodies around, as they certainly weren't moving from where they were now and definitely didn't want to be here when the barrier had finally lifted. As such, Nine simply picked up the body of the Altaria, lugging it with him to the other two who had been in this fight as well, before setting it down there. Looking at them, he was a tad unsure of how to proceed with these people. He was strong, sure, but plenty injured himself and carrying three bodies at once would be an incredibly tall order even if he weren't. Letting out one more sigh as he looked at the situation again, he simply said, "man fuck librarians."

yUaDQKQ.png?1

The fire, as an inevitability, started to fade. With the last words of encouragements and the vision of her next destination given by the Flames of Rebirth, she finally descended from her pyre, with a renewed confidence. There was still a raging conflict going inside of her mind but she was, for the most part, renewed in both resolve and physique. The flames inside of her had been rekindled, and as she watched the smile of approval given to her by Richard and the Ambipom sage, she only nodded.

However, it seemed that her previous worries soon took form, as chaos started to come to the kiln room. It didn't take her long to guess that the coup by James had started properly now, and Fia immediately took her staff and readied herself. It was just right at the moment that James and pairs of Pyroars and Mightyenas entered the picture.

"...As thought, your plan is crude at best." Fia mumbled to herself as the king reacted in an expected way to James' betrayal. She considered to tell him that she had anticipated his betrayal, but at the last moment Fia decided to keep it to herself at least until the coup attempt had been successfully foiled. But, that shouldn't matter too much. What was important now was to deal with the five menaces, and the rest of the coup supporters. 

"You DARE threaten me? You dare betray me? You're my brother! We ate together, played together, and fought together, and now this!?"

"Oho, so this is the power of a Disciple, I see...No matter, you are outnumbered, and you WILL fall. We have done much together but you always were above me, but not anymore, now it's MY turn!

Kill him!"

Fia was however, taken by surprise at how the King Richard managed to grant himself a fiery aura that seemingly impose his authority much further than before. The "Disciple" James mentioned perhaps had something to do with it, but she couldn't be sure yet. Nevertheless, she couldn't stay put either. The Flames of Rebirth restored her fire after Fia burnt herself to cinders so she could do something in times like this, and so...Fia connected the pile of strings she had set up nearby, and lit them on fire. The flames traveled rapidly throughout the path she had set before, and it led towards the big piles she had set near the entrance, lighting it into a big bonfire. It would be far from enough to deal with any of them, but turning the entire corridor into an over seemed to be an effective strategy on paper.

"My king, I shall stand by you. Even if I am still small, I will do my best in helping you. Do not worry about me even if you had to leave me, I will be able to cover your tracks. Although, I am sure that you'd rather stay here and fight instead of retreating. It is a choice that I will respect.

However...nevermind. It would be best to ask that later once we're done dealing with this."

Lighting her staff on fire while she started to weave her strings into something stronger, she gestured herself at her opponents, signifying that she was ready to take them on. Thoughts about Bea and Denku that would probably be dealing with this coup in another place crossed her mind, and while it did worry her, in the end she was relieved that at least they weren't here to face the culprit by themselves.

At the end of the days however, even Fia would need to get the answers she needed on why this coup get this much supporters in the first place.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"...and when I showed up the next day, there he was, with a tuba on his head!"

Sitting to the right of Fawkes at the campsite established around Deku was a towering Pangoro of a man. Even Brooke looked pretty small in comparison to this guy; easy for Fawkes to tell, since Brooke was sitting right next to the young Zorua to her left. Despite his intimidating appearance, however, the Pangoro told quite the funny story about the local casino, a lousy pickpocket, and a Musharna who was passing through from Juyu. The rather comedic end to his story seemed to get a good giggle out of the others set out around the fire. He seemed to be enjoying himself; most of the people here did. Fawkes, however, still didn't seem very comfortable. She wasn't used to this many people she didn't know all gathered around, with herself being part of the gathering. She wasn't used to sleeping outdoors with a sense of security.

And most of all, she wasn't used to Deku natives acting like this! She couldn't stop thinking about how each and every person gathered here - Dora and Brooke notwithstanding - were probably planning to rob everyone around them blind. Even the big friendly Pangoro at her side. Speaking of whom, Fawkes received a nudge on the shoulder from an elbow the approximate size of her head.

"You've been awful quiet, kid. And whaddya know, it's your turn to share a story!"

"...r, right." Fawkes thought about that one for a bit. There weren't any stories about her self worth telling that she'd be comfortable talking about. She'd only known Brooke and Dora for a day; a story about them wouldn't suffice. Fawkes ran down the mental list of people she knew before stopping on one she could talk about for days. Who else was better to talk about at a time like this?

"W-Well, um, everyone probably already knows all about them, but...I know a good story about the White Fury. There's one story that I really like, where they really put their life on the line for a total stranger. So, it all started behind the casino. The White Fury was keeping an eye on the streets, and..."

d2akEes.png

"...and then the last bad guy was down for the count!" Fawkes's recollection of a story about the White Fury seemed to do wonders for her spirits. While before telling it, she was hunched over and trying to hide herself as best she could, now she was up on her feet, enthusiastically telling the tale. And she was smiling on top of it! "The White Fury was injured, but returned to their hideout to treat the wounds and live to fight another day!" Fawkes had concluded her story at this point, and sat back down to show it. This camping thing wasn't so bad after all, once you got to the real deal. Fawkes nudged Brooke with a small elbow of her own, with a statement of "Your turn, Brooke. Know any neat stories?" She seemed to be enjoying herself. All it took was a near-death experience, paralyzing fear, and the complete destruction of the town she grew up in, too!

Coldharbour Team Showdown

"Well...if you're not pirates...why were you with them? T-they are! I-I remember, well, I was told, about a while back...They attacked a Fryst ship to steal something, something the lord REALLY REALLY wanted...Ever since then they had been sending less aid here and...Taking some of our people...It's all the pirates fault, they wouldn't have taken my dad away if the pirates didn't take the thing the lord wanted! I'm sure it would've worked out, whatever it was..." 

Suddenly, all the dots seemed to connect. The kid was clearly talking about the artifact that could control Kyurem; the one that the S.S. Showdown possesses. It also explained his hasty accusations of them being pirates, and him being here in general. Scarlet simply stood back as Taiga explain most of their situation. After she was done, Scarlet added to her speech. "As for why we're here, its pretty simple. We just wanted to deliver pies, and those pirates happen to give us a ride to our destination for a really good price" She shrugged "That said, Taiga is right about your lord, all things considered." She tried to avoid talking about what the rod could actually do, as the kid was scared as it is. Plus, it wouldn't be good for them if that information spread, especially if they trace that information back to them. 

Day 10 continued

Ari couldn't think. His mind kept going in circles. Too...many...twins...

"Hey, whoa, you okay? What did you guys do to him?"

Mac? No...it's the other Mac. "Hehe..." he grinned up at the Helioptile. "Your name is Mac, right?"

And then the other Macs and Kahs and Kazos and Aris started talking. Except they didn't sound like Mac or Kah or Kazo or himself anymore. "We're not cowards! This is just what happens when we see new people, honest, it is! Uhh...h-here!" then the twins were replaced by...pink things? Or did they change form? Or maybe he was just confused. "We didn't mean to hurt the little boy! We just wanted to play is all!"

"Heyyy, 'm not little," Ari slurred, stumbling to his feet shakily before falling over. "Oops," he giggled. "The ground moved."

Then everybody started talking, and little by little, Ari regained his bearings, so by the time Mac told him to get up--and she actually sounded worried--he was able to get up and stay up.

"I'm up, I'm up," he reassured, before stumbling into the village center. One of the pink blobby gijinka he had been talking to was by his side, and he noticed there were ones by each of his friends, each friendly and talkative. Though the ones around Kah seemed in awe as well. "So what's your name then? Not your, uh, name you told me before, but your...real one?"

"I'm Bonnibel!" she grinned. "Cute name, huh?"

"It is!" Ari nodded. "Though mine is much cooler," he couldn't resist adding, a bit proudly. After all, it was his name.

Bonnibel laughed. "Maybe. Anyway, you hungry?"

"Starving."

"Good, cuz we have food."

The food was served on long wooden tables. The meal itself was an assortment of berries, berries, and more berries. The star was an assortment of Starf berries in the center, but they were surrounded by a ring of Kee and Maranga berries. Then there were the berries piled together to create pictures or sculptures. The village seemed fond of making their food like art. They even made berry piles of the group. Mac was a mixture of Grepa and Pamtre berries. Kazo was Passho and Spelon berries. Kah was a mixture of Bluk and Chesto berries. And lastly, Ari was Petaya and Leppa.

Reminds me of back home, Ari thought wistfully, having seen many feasts, though a lot of them included meat as well. Are these guys vegetarians? Then again, he'd noticed that most gijinka didn't seem to eat as much meat as he had back home. Still, he was really enjoying the Passho berries. "Wow, Kazo's delicious!" he praised.

tRCh4Z6.png

Day 8 continued

"I owe you a lot, but the best I can do right now is a name. I’m Brooke. What about you?"

"I'm Fawkes. Thank you again for back there."

Oh yes. His name. The Sylveon gave a bow to the both of them. "I am Easter. And it was no problem. What knave would stand and watch as a young child got hurt?" the words caused him to wince internally. Ah. He had done that before, hadn't he? But then again, he hadn't meant to.

When the group started discussing settling down for the night, Easter decided to stay with them. After all, he had nowhere else to go for now. Images of a dark assassin flitted through his mind. Maybe, he'd try and see what had happened with Whisper at some point. But for now, this group seemed friendly enough. And more importantly, they needed him. Especially if they decided to stick around.

Though not many had. Most had left right away, many after raiding what remained of the city. Easter thought about going back himself, if only to keep an eye on Thundurus. Though there might have been survivors he had missed. Children like that Weedle...

When the campfire started, Easter ended up sitting next to a giant of a Pangoro. He felt a bit dwarfed in comparison, but he didn't mind it so much. Pangoro were interesting. Part fighting, which he respected, and part dark, which he...adored. In that special, special way of his. Still, the Pangoro seemed friendly enough, and Pancham were originally pure fighting, so it wasn't enough to set off his radars, just like that Bisharp didn't because of his humble demeanor. Though he would've loved to have challenged him to a fight. He could tell it would've been a good one.

The Pangoro's story was an amusing one, and Easter was one of those who laughed at the ending. Then Fawkes told a story about the White Fury, something he'd heard more than once after entering Deku. The description sounded a bit familiar, though he couldn't remember offhand what it reminded him of. Shrugging, he settled down to listen to Brooke tell the next tale.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Coldharbour

"DAMN IT ALL TO YVELTAL'S DOMAIN!!" Cabrakan cursed aloud, not even caring who was around at this point, never mind who was trying to sleep and who wasn't. Of course, this was just his luck. First the receptionist had mindlessly given him the key to Isole's room (she'd probably have done the very same to Isole's attacker for all Cabrakan knew), then the staff refused to accept responsibility for the attack having taken place, and then, just for the sake of adding insult to injury, it appeared as though Cabrakan had just missed the one doctor they had in this cursed place, and he was told said doctor would be in Fryst by name. Merchants were trying to sell him medicine though, but that was only starting to annoy him; that being the last thing he needed right now. He angrily swiped a vial from one of the merchants.

"Fine, I'll take your damned medicine! But I'm not paying a single Poke until I know it has the slightest effect," with that, Cabrakan vanished instantly, and in his place would be a certain something that looked akin to a stuffed doll. However, the next time he resurfaced, Cabrakan would be back inside the room that Isole had booked for herself. After setting Isole back down on the bed and applying the medicine... however it was supposed to be done, and making sure all the windows were closed and locked, Cabrakan stepped outside again and kept watch from outside. He didn't think he could sleep after all this Tauros sheet, so he made no attempt.

'I just hope this works, and everything goes back to normal,' he thought as he stared down at the vial in his hands.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Pride Rock

Although she still had Mightyena to kill, Beatrice took some time to at least try to find Denku when all of a sudden...

"DATTE-funking-BAIYO!!"

"That's my line! Ya thie- WHOA!!" the ground had shaken violently, affecting the entire field. Beatrice had jumped up, kicked herself off one of the Mightyena's shoulders to gain some height and fluttered her wings desperately in order to try and keep herself above ground. But she ended up dropping just as quickly as she would've if she'd jumped up normally, landing flat on her butt as Denku's Earthquake inflicted widespread damage.

"Ow...Beatrice slowly picked herself up and dusted herself off, before turning to the Denku that finally showed up, "We need to talk."

Unfortunately, that would have to wait. Soon after they had been softened up by the sudden quake, soldiers were being betrayed left right and center by their own leader. Beatrice had been wondering why Jabari was appointed leader of the Pyroar and Luxray squadron. Turned out he was working for James as well.

"Outsiders, this is not your fight. I give you a chance to leave. Take it now or you will die here along with these soldiers."

"Oh, no. Noooo no no no no, I'm making this my fight. And what this isn't was part of the funking PLAN!!" Beatrice pointed one of her lances straight at Jabari as she exclaimed this, "Siding with James is one thing, but these bastards?! Richard was supposed to be overthrown before they even came into the picture! Look, I get that he'd need the reinforcements, but these Mightyena... they'll probably stab you in the back the minute you've finished helping them kill the soldiers, and then they'll go straight for James and overpower him with sheer numbers alone. We would never do that! We wouldn't even dream of it!"

Suddenly, her head sank and she lowered her lance. Beatrice had no idea whether Jabari would listen to reason, but this was her one shot.

"And what's with everyone betraying everyone anyway? First Fia betrayed me, then James is going to betray Richard, and now you're... k-killing these poor s-s-soldiers that're j-just fight-t-ting for their l-lives. I-I don't underst-stand," she had been sulking for a while now, but slashed the tears away from her face in a dramatic manner, "But never mind that; let's just kill the bastard Mightyenas before they get the chance to back-stab you, and then we can overthrow Richard together. Heck, we can even kill Fia if we have to... which we probably will... I don't know how long that ritual takes. Point is, I'm on your side!"

A few more tears ran down Beatrice's face that she may've missed. Jabari may've taken what she was trying to say into consideration, and if he did, she'd be one step closer to turning this around. She'd just have to hope that Denku didn't say something that would ruin everything.

PVLXe6V.png?1

Within hours of the attack, the smoking ruins of what was once Deku was like a ghost town. Brooke could discern a few people rummaging through what was left from where she was sitting outside the city, but she’d expected that. What surprised her was how many people ― once they learned that their homes had been destroyed in the attack ― seemed relieved to have an excuse to start anew somewhere else. Had Deku really imprisoned so many people?

It made sense the more she thought about it. It was always easiest to just accept the bad with the good. It could be fun to dream of leaving, but to actually go through with it? It had always been a terrifying thought to Brooke. She’d never been happy with how everything had turned out, but risking everything she had ― her shop, the few friends, and financial security ― to pack up and move somewhere else just for the chance at being happy? Even if it staying in Deku made her an unhappy coward, it was better than being homeless and jobless in a place she didn’t know. A sentiment that was only reinforced when Dora had arrived, and someone else had been depending on her to make end’s meet.

She pushed those thoughts away, busying herself with helping those who remained start a bonfire that burned hot enough to fend off the cold that had soaked into her bones, and dragging logs and boards from the wreckage for a place to sit. It was a long, tiring process, but it was worth it to see the people of Deku working together for the first time in her entire life. There was no “what’s in it for me”, no one trying to hide anything; people helped as much as they could, and offered what they could spare. Thanks to donations from several restaurant owners in the city, the workers had even managed to gather and cook enough food for everyone to eat dinner that night.

Brooke bit into her portion of the food, staring at the bonfire, hypnotized by the crackling flames. Occasionally, she would break away to pull Dora back down onto the log beside her, but not a single person seemed angry at the girl and her childish antics. In fact, a few people laughed and smiled. Brooke returned the smile, tired as she was. She’d be unable to explain it if asked later, but something about the night was just… freeing.

Eventually, those who hadn’t retired to bed gathered around the fire and began to tell stories. Brooke listened to a majority of them, laughing along with the group at the funnier ones. She even remembered a few of them that had been told from when she was younger, and those were especially good. And then it was Fawkes’ turn, and listening to the story she told of the White Fury, Brooke’s smile slowly faded. When she noticed Fawkes sneaking a glance at her, she forced a fake one, but it was easy to see through.

"Your turn, Brooke. Know any neat stories?”

Brooke didn’t respond for a moment. She knew a story, alright. “Sure do. And you know what? My story’s all about the White Fury too, but it’s not like the ones you’re used to hearing.” Her voice was tight, but she was smiling like a good story teller. “It’s a story that most people don’t remember. In fact, I’d be surprised if anyone but the girl that I heard it from, the White Fury, and I even knew it.” She let the tension build before she continued. “The White Fury had a sidekick. It was girl, a few years younger than the White Fury, who she had saved before. The little girl looked up to her so much that she wanted to do what she did, and wanted to be just like her. The girl’s name was…” For a moment Brooke hesitated, almost slipping up and saying her actual name. “Nook. And Nook, thinking that she had to repay the White Fury for saving her life, begged and pleaded the White Fury to train her and help make her half as strong as she was, so she could save people too. At first, the White Fury sent her away, but after weeks of Nook begging her to teach her, she finally agreed.”

Well, accepted was a strong word. She finally got tired of listening to her whine all day and said “if it’ll shut you the hell up for a minute”, but there were children listening. “And with the White Fury training her, Nook grew strong a lot faster than anyone expected. She was weak when she first started, but her spirit was not, and she would do her best to get stronger every single day, and that was enough. And while she was training her, the White Fury slowly, very slowly, warmed up to Nook.” Okay, she was stretching the truth there too, it had been a lot worse than slow. But this story couldn’t take nine hours, and no one wanted to hear about the boring parts.

“And when Nook was finally strong enough, she started helping the White Fury. In fact, Nook was even there in the story you told, Fawkes. She helped the White Fury in that fight, and a lot of others, too. But nobody knows she was ever there, nobody remembers Nook, because Nook didn’t want to be remembered.” Brooke knew this next part a bit too well. She had relived it a thousand times in her head, wondering if it was wrong or right. “Do you know why she didn’t want to be remembered? … Because when the White Fury disappeared, she left Nook behind without so much as a goodbye, never to be seen again. And Nook cried, and cried, and when she was finally done crying, she’d been so angry she found everything that she could of the White Fury and she burned herself out of it. Every single bit that she could get her hands on, until not a single trace of her name or story was left.”

Brooke let it fade out on that note, and then shook her head and looked toward Dora. “Well, I think it’s about time we headed to bed, don’t you? A bit early, but today has me beat!” She really just wanted to go to sleep and act like the past day hadn’t happened. Her good mood from before had been ruined by the “White Fury”, and she wanted to get away as fast as possible.

Kazo was relieved. There wasn't a village of Kahs and Macs. It was only a village of young blobs that can turn into anyone they see. That was much more comforting. They even offered to feed them, which was great!

"Wow, Kazo's delicious!" Ari complemented. Kazo chuckled and shook his head. That was the strangest complement he ever received... He froze. Wait... That... Wasn't the first time he heard that 'complement'... He shivered, doing his best not to hyperventilate. He needed a distraction! He began to eat Kah... Not the actual Kah, her food statue.

Wait... is this...?" he took another bite. It was! He started laughing a bit. "Kah's made from Chesto berries!" It was too funny to him. He did cut his laughing short though. He didn't want Kah to kill him.

"Outsiders, this is not your fight. I give you a chance to leave. Take it now or you will die here along with these soldiers." Denku growled as he clenched his fist. He took a step, but then Bea started talking.

"Oh, no. Noooo no no no no, I'm making this my fight. And what this isn't was part of the f***ing PLAN!!"Beatrice pointed one of her lances straight at Jabari as she exclaimed this,"Siding with James is one thing, but these a******s?! Richard was supposed to be overthrown before they even came into the picture! Look, I get that he'd need the reinforcements, but these Mightyena... they'll probably stab you in the back the minute you've finished helping them kill the soldiers, and then they'll go straight for James and overpower him with sheer numbers alone. We would never do that! We wouldn't even dream of it!"

She was right, Denku would never dream of backstabbing. That would involve staying here, and Arcues knows that was the last thing he wanted. He remained quiet, letting her continue, until she said one thing he couldn't believe.

"But never mind that; let's just kill the bastard Mightyenas before they get the chance to back-stab you, and then we can overthrow Richard together. Heck, we can even kill Fia if we have to... which we probably will... I don't know how long that ritual takes. Point is, I'm on your side!"

No. She had no problems killing Fia? She was a child! Yes, she was making some mistakes, but nothing worth killing her over! He looked at Bea. It hurt him to do this... But he had no choice. He also had no idea if he could even handle this... He was still badly beaten up from earlier... Still, he couldn't stand idly by.

"Enough," Denku growled as he positioned himself so both Bea and Jabari was in his sight. "You're right, Jabari," he stated to the tall Zebstrika. "Any other time, I would agree with you and walk away. But one of our own is up there, and I don't believe James will let her live," He then turned his gaze to Bea.

Bea, are you so blinded by your hatred of Dark Types that you're intentionally ignoring what's going on?!" He pointed at the Mightyena. "James brought them here, promised them more land! You think he has the best interests of everyone in mind? They will hurt people, Bea, and so will James!" He clenched his fists, his eyes starting to glow. "You're willing to kill Fia, someone, while making mistakes and letting this go to her head, also helped you escape that hellhole Deku. You're just going to toss that all aside? Fine. If you want to side with them so badly...,"

The rocks began to tear from the ground, levitating into the air as new ones formed besides them. "Then you are now my enemy as well, Beatrice," with a snap of his fingers, he sent the floating rocks crashing down on the two. Time to find out just how much longer he would last.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)

"We're not cowards! This is just what happens when we see new people, honest, it is! Uhh...h-here! We didn't mean to hurt the little boy! We just wanted to play is all!"

They were...blob people. Very young blob people too; none of them could possibly be older than Kazo, or even at his age. The smallest one - the bag thief, by the looks of it - returned the bag, and the lot of them apologized. Thieving whelps...whether it was because Kah was still recovering by a long shot, or because they were still whelps in the end, she couldn't stay mad at them. The fact that they'd offered to feed the group probably helped quite a bit. Kah was starving.

d2akEes.png

"Wow, Kazo's delicious!"

Not the real Kazo of course. That would be weird. Ari was referring to an arrangement of Passho and Spelon berries that made Kazo instead. The Litleo himself was made from Petaya and Leppa berries, and there was also a Mac made from Grepa and Pamtre berries. Then there was Kah, who was made from an arrangement of Bluk and...

"Kah's made from Chesto berries!"

"Very funny," Kah sarcastically commented once a handful of Passho berries had slid down her throat, before lifting up her foot under the table and slamming it down toward Kazo's own feet. Every berry consumed made her feel a little bit more like the Hydreigon she knew she was, and she certainly had to agree with Ari on one thing. The choices of berries to make Kazo with were delicious. However, Kah's attention was drawn more to the berries that made herself up; she was just sampling the others for now. Bluk berries were a particular favorite of hers, and Chesto berries - setting aside Kazo's little comment - really helped speed up the process of getting her strength back.

As such, Kah turned her attention back to the Chesto berries and reached out to grab some more, before eyeing the Spelon berries for a moment. She was familiar with them. Even one berry on its own was super spicy. A plan was hatching in Kah's head. Re-directing her eyes to the nearest of the blobs, Kah asked "You wouldn't mind if I took a few of these Spelon berries for the road, would you?" The question would probably seem more like she had a particular fondness for Spelon berries if she wasn't scooping up Chesto berries to munch on as she asked it. Personal taste had nothing to do with this, though.

Team Karaoke, Adarid Slums

Azelf let out a gasp as he felt the Xatu's lifeforce suddenly vanish. The Godslayer was dead. He gritted his teeth as he lowered the barrier, and his brothers joined him. "I feel so useless brothers. We needed mortals to protect us...Dammit." Azelf slammed his fist into a nearby building and the wall crumbled.

Mespirit put a hand on his shoulder. "I understand how you feel brother. This was a terrible night. But there's still something to be done."

Uxie nodded. "This was the only logical conclusion. But now it is time to deal with those two."
Azelf sighed. "It's not right, we shouldn't tamper with their free will. Regardless of the danger."

"I know it's hard, Azelf." Mespirit said. "But the harm that could be caused is of a scope even we cannot foresee. They are hurting."

"Their free will is false, anyway. They are instead slaves to their insanity. This needs to happen." Uxie followed up.

Azelf nodded. "Very well."

The trio entered the former battlefield, and Uxie went first to Nine. "Thank you mortal for your help. You should rest. We may be able to share knowledge afterwards." With that Uxie let out a Yawn and Nine would find himself drifting off.

Once this was done, the trio gathered Alleria and Fiona's unconscious bodies. They stood in a triangle around them and held out their hands towards one another. All of them closed their eyes and a glow of energy surrounded Alleria, Fiona, and the trio.

The insides of their minds were a hellish landscape, one that any other than a legend would find it difficult to survive. As it was the trio had to expend a great deal of energy to do what they deemed necessary. A sort of physic block was placed upon them. While it wouldn't drastically change them, or completely nullify their more aggressive behaviors, it would serve to dampen them. Make them less of a threat to society. For now, at least...However they weren't finished yet. There was still more they must do to ensure these two wouldn't immediately revert. It was a good thing the others were asleep for this.

The next day the group would awaken to find themselves all in separate buildings, laying on makeshift beds. A bowl of what could barely be considered food was nearby each of them.

Alleria would awaken alone, with a foggy feeling in her mind, and a strange throbbing pain in her body. The Kadabra from earlier was watching her with anxiousness but alertness.

Nine would awaken to discover Uxie standing over him and examining his body with apparent interest, and taking notes. He acknowledged Nine was awake but continued on.

Lok would wake up to see Azelf leaning against the doorway. "Hey." He said, barely looking at him. "You did good out there. Someone as weak as you, fighting as hard as you did, against someone like that. Keep it up kid...Here." The strangeness of the seeming little boy calling Lok a kid was brushed off as the legend tossed Lok an item. It was a strange medallion. "If you get hit by a powerful attack while wearing that, break it open, it'll give you some juice. If you stick with this group you're sure as hell gonna need it."

Gwen woke to humming, and found Mespirit sitting beside her. "You were having nightmares, I had a feeling you wanted that pillow in your bag, turns out I was right. Hold onto it okay? I can't wait to see how you turn out." Mespirit didn't give any more information, and seemed to know how enigmatic he was being.

Gwen groaned. "Wait, the others, where...?" Mespirit smiled and gestured outside. Gwen floated out...and almost ran into Fiona.

The girl seemed once more different from before. Not as nervous as the original, not as cruel as the revealed self, somewhere in between. "Hey." She said awkwardly. "I doubt sorry cuts it but...I-I'm sorry."
Gwen just gave her a calm smile. "I don't hold Grudges....I don't even know that move!" She started to giggle. "Don't worry Fiona, I don't know what happened with you but...You regret it clearly. I'll vouch for you if you want to stick around."
"Yeah...thanks...I guess."

Team Sexual Tension, Pride Rock War

"My king, I shall stand by you. Even if I am still small, I will do my best in helping you. Do not worry about me even if you had to leave me, I will be able to cover your tracks. Although, I am sure that you'd rather stay here and fight instead of retreating. It is a choice that I will respect.

However...nevermind. It would be best to ask that later once we're done dealing with this."

"Well met child, let us fight together!"

Richard didn't question where the strings had come from but the flames certainly helped to prevent any more interference. The Mightyena seemed to have been startled by it and one was caught briefly on fire. James rolled his eyes at their reaction, he ordered the Pyroar forward. "Kill the girl first!"

The two Pyroar stepped forward and thrust their fists at Fia, launching two powerful flamethrowers at her.

Richard jumped forward and took one of the attacks head on, though the second would reach the young girl. Richard let out a forceful, savage, roar and the power of his Voice formed a sonic blast that cut through the flames and struck his attacker, sending the Pyroar into the wall.

"Tsk, useless." James grabbed the Mightyena and shoved them forward. Then he seemed to start to prepare. He spread his legs and an electrical aura crept along the ground, creating an Electric Terrain. Then he began to Charge his energy while his two Mightyena guarded him from attack. The other Pyroar launched a second Flamethrower at Fia.

Meanwhile Jabari was staring in some bafflement at the fact that this group seemed extremely willing to kill each other. First there was the Beedril who claimed to be on his side, then was the Pupitar who wanted to fight them both at once. Insanity.

Jabari grunted and crossed his arms over himself to take the rock attack. It had hurt but he had been through much worse over the years. He didn't know how the Beedrill would deal with it but that didn't matter. After all.

"I am...on my own side." He said. As Beatrice and Denku spoke, Jabari had silently directed the Mightyena to separate the soldiers from him and this duo. It had worked fairly well, except for one Pyroar who tried to attack Jabari only to be blasted away with a Shockwave.

"You will die here if you continue like this. You cannot help your friend in that state. But so be it, if you wish to fight, you will get a fight." Jabari's body was surrounded in flames as he charged towards Denku. However, before he made contact he jumped, leaping over the Pupitar, twisting mid-air, and bringing his leg down on Denku's shoulder with a powerful attack.

Team Neo Not Dark, Outside of Deku

Dora kept nodding off as the stories were told. During Fawkes' story she was only able to keep his head up because of how excited the girl was. "Hehehe you're so silly Fawkesyfawkesyfawkesy...." She shook her head and looked around, confused what she was doing sitting around there.

She heard, but didn't really hear, Brooke's story. However she did hear how sad and upset Brooke sounded and so Dora bounced herself over to the Emboar and leaned against her side, rubbing her head against Brooke in an awkward Dora-hug.

She looked over at the pretty lady, who was called Easter apparently, and yawned. "Whachu gonna do? You don't live here, do you?" Dora was unsure where this thought came from, but she thought it, and it made her a little sad. "You're gonna leave aren't you? That's sad..." This seemed to remind her of something and she tried to stand.

The Pangoro from before kept her from tumbling over. "Careful kid. Where you think you're going?"

"I wanna get sushi...er....Sam. He should be here too, he's nice...." Dora collapsed face-foward into the dirt and began to gently snore.

Team Showdown, Fryst

The Frogadier looked back and forth between the two not-pirates. His mouth slowly had been dropping as they spoke. He slowly, slowly, looked towards the dresser where the pie was being kept. "So that...it...you....OH ARCEUS I AM AN IDIOT!" He started babbling about being sorry and shaking his head back and forth wildly. Until suddenly he stopped. "So then...that Froslass..." He groaned. "She seemed so nice too...she promised me she'd get my dad back." He looked at the pair uncomfortably. "If...if you're going to Fryst could you...t-try and get my dad back? H-he's our only doctor and...well I miss him. Um. I'll give you a reward I promise!"

While this was going down, Isole had started to flail from the medicine, seemingly being extremely uncomfortable...until suddenly she stopped and a peaceful expression came over her face. It didn't seem as though she'd wake up until morning, however it seemed the medicine had kept her from suffering any kind of permanent harm. While Cabrakan waited outside, he'd get many, many, many people coming up to him and asking where he came from. Seemingly they were extremely concerned that he was going to bring pirates upon them. However beyond this his night passed remarkably quiet.

In the morning, Isole would wake up, step outside his room, and step onto Cabrakan. She paused, looked at him, and grimaced. "So Taiga was right." she said bluntly.

Team Mac, Ditto VIllage

While Mac appreciated the meal, and the diversity, she could only bring herself to eat the "Mac" berries. "After all I'm totally the best!" She declared, which seemed to cause some of the younger Ditto to giggle. She paused, glaring at the group. "You making fun of me?"

They didn't respond as Mac glared at them. "You wouldn't mind if I took a few of these Spelon berries for the road, would you?"

"Sure ya can take a couple, but dunno why you don't wanna just eat em."

"Good thinking Kah! What I'd expect from my top lackey." More laughing. Mac flushed red at this.

She jumped forward and tackled several of the Ditto. They, thinking it was all great fun, started to get into it and Mac ended up forming a rolling ball of Ditto. They knocked over a few tables, and people, with their ever growing ball of blob with a Mac center. Even Mac's companions weren't safe from the destructive path.

Suddenly there came a voice from nearby. "What's going on here!?"

The Slums Team Karaoke

Finally, Lok woke up with a loud gasp for air, his face and body covered in a cold sweat. Had anyone been listening while he was unconscious, they might of caught him mumbling about various things; Camerupts, blood fountains, dead bodies, and a red sky. Regardless, he was awake now, nervously looking around the room. He grasped his chest multiple times as if he couldn't believe it was there before slapping himself in the face, an audible clap noise could be heard. "Am...Am I..." This had been the longest Lok had ever been stuck in the vicious cycle of torture that was his nightmares. "Hey." Lok nearly jumped out of his makeshift bed, turning to the direction of the Azelf. "You did good out there. Someone as weak as you, fighting as hard as you did, against someone like that. Keep it up kid...Here." The Weakness Policy that the little legendary had tossed at Lok landed on his lap. "If you get hit by a powerful attack while wearing that, break it open, it'll give you some juice. If you stick with this group you're sure as hell gonna need it." Lok picked it up, taking a good look at it. "T...Thank you..." he said quietly, pocketing the Weakness Policy. "Where...Where are my friends?" It was pretty clear to anyone that heard him croak out those words that he was trying his hardest to fight back tears.

Coldharbour Team Showdown

The kid seemed to go on about how he had messed up or...something? It was quite hard to understand him while he was acting like this. However, before Scarlet could ask if he was ok, he continued with a coherent sentence. "So then...that Froslass...She seemed so nice too...she promised me she'd get my dad back. If...if you're going to Fryst could you...t-try and get my dad back? H-he's our only doctor and...well I miss him. Um. I'll give you a reward I promise!" Everything was adding up. "If this Froslass you speak of is who I think she is..." She turned to Taiga. "And here I was starting to think that we weren't going to get a back at her." Just the thought of Bullet Punching that b**** filled her with determination. "Sure, we'll keep an eye for your father." She put her arm around Taiga. "Er...I guess this is a bit awkward to ask, but..." she waved her other free hand "...what species is your father, exactly? You know, so we can actually see if we can bring him back., ya'know?" She gave a light shrug with her open arm. The rest of the night went on as expected. The kid told them about his father - a Delcatty - before heading out and leaving the dynamic duo to rest for the night.

. . .

The following day, Scarlet woke up on their bed and stretched her arms out. Or, at least she tried to do that before failing to move an inch. It was clear the reason why; Taiga was holding her with a rather firm bear hug; even her leg was toppled on top of her. Despite it being tight enough to not move much of anything, it felt kind of relaxing in its own strange way. Scarlet barely managed to shuffle herself in a way where she was facing her toothy friend. Taiga herself seemed to be enjoying taking a huge bite off of the poor excuse of a pillow the inn had. As nice as it all was, however, something had been bugging her the whole time. She waited for her shark friend to wake up before talking to her. "Hey, do you think the others are ok? We should probably go looking for them..."

M54v8vA.png?1

Nine had continued to stand around the bodies, wondering just what it was he was supposed to do here. It wasn't like he was quit experienced in this situation, nor did he imagine a lot of people were, and so continued to wait for something to happen. And so something happened. Nine was looked over to see that this time, not only was Azelf here, but the other two of the legendary lake trio was here. While his inital sighting of one had sent him into a fan crazed panic, this time he was far more calm and collected. Most likely due to fatigue and the sheer surreal nature of this day already, he looked over to them with a casual look on his face saying, "oh there you are."While Nine definitely had some questions for the legend, he was more concerned at the moment with the current situation that he was in. However, before anything could be done to solve this issue, the young houndoom let out a bit of a yawn. He started to wonder if he had exerted himself far more in the fight than he had originally thought, but before he could think anymore on it, his eyelids seemed to shut and the man fell to the ground, unconscious. 

The sleep was one that had gone without incident. He was in peaceful slumber, recovering from the days events that he had been through. The excitement, the fighting, the princess, the god slayer and the legends. All of it seemed to contribute to some amount of fatigue that took its toll on the houndoom, that and it had been quite awhile since the last time he had gotten a good night's sleep. While he did not dream, he was nevertheless at peace, and thus seemed to be rather calm upon waking up. Looking around, this calm was slightly broken as he saw just who was at his bed side, though not immediately startled due to still being a slight bit drowsy. Sitting up in his bed, letting out a yawn the man tried to get his senses back to him as looked at the legend, giving a slight nod to acknowledge to him that he was now awake and aware. 

As his senses came back to him, it was still a bit difficult for Nine to accept that there was a legend here to begin with. After all his searching, he had finally managed to find not one, but three of them. And in a location that was completely unassuming and unceremonious as the slums of this major city. However, he didn't seem to be waking up from any kind of strange dream, and the being before him still seemed very real. While Nine had a plethora of questions to ask this legend, there was one that was bugging him the most. "So. Is there a reason you're just, looking me all over or is that just something you do?"

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Coldharbour

As he thought would happen, Cabrakan had almost drifted off to sleep several times, only to be forced back awake again. Of course, people coming by and asking him all sorts of questions didn't help in the slightest, and neither did his overwhelming concern for Isole's safety. He'd hate to think that this so called "medicine" prove to actually be a vial of poison, for example, and he'd hate to think that, while he had his full concentration on the door, someone had managed to sneak through a window and finish the job.

In one instance, however, it looked as though Cabrakan was finally going to fall asleep and stay asleep... only for Isole of all people to step on his foot, which be the million-and-first thing to have woken him up. Thankfully it didn't hurt too badly; after all, it was only a step.

"So Taiga was right," Isole said bluntly. Cabrakan could only sigh in response to this...

"I thought I told you to ignore everything that she said. But, since I can see how an explanation is warranted, I'll give you one," he paused for a good duration before eventually managing to spit one out, "I'd been tailed while I was out looking for supplies, and while I made the culprit from several blocks back, I felt that he was making it way too easy for me. So I went looking for you, and found you here in this inn. I only asked what room you were staying in too; it was this stupid Psyduck woman that wound up outright giving me the key to it and even wanting to lead me right to your door! But I turned that down, and managed to find the room myself. I didn't want to use the key she mindlessly gave me either, but... the moment I knocked on your door, and not gotten any form of response... I knew something was wrong. I ended up spending the rest of the night informing the staff of the situation, and of course those imbeciles wouldn't accept responsibility, trying but failing to get a hold of the one doctor they have in this place... I did manage to procure a vial of medicine though. I've yet to pay for it however, but in my defense, I needed something that would help you recover right then and there..."

After the long and dreary expo dump on what happened to him the previous night, Cabrakan looked down again. He looked to be reading the label on the vial of medicine, but in reality, he could very well have been hanging his head in disgrace. On the one hand, he didn't think he was doing enough to save Isole, but on the other, he could've been trying to do too much on his own.

"I realize I have no business assuming you can't look after yourself under normal circumstances, but ever since we were attacked by a Froslass, I... my guard's been through the roof, and spending the night here's only made things for the worse," it was only after getting this off his chest that Cabrakan raised his head again and looked directly at Isole, "If I happened to cross the line with this case of over-protectiveness, then you have my apologies. But I'll have you know that, in contrast to whatever lies Taiga fed you, I am no stalker."

Team Mac, Ditto Village

Wait... is this...?" Kazo started to laugh. "Kah's made from Chesto berries!" He kept on laughing and then stopped suddenly, as if remembering who he was laughing at.

"What's so funny about that?" Ari questioned. "Does Kah like Chesto berries?"

"Very funny," Kah seemed to get the joke though, so she didn't seem as happy about it as Kazo was. Ari heard a thump right afterward. Meanwhile, Mac was stubbornly eating her own berries, seemingly ignoring their spiciness. Kah seemed to like them too, asking if she could take them for the road.

"Hmm, I wonder if I should take any berries for the road too. But, I do like meat..." Ari trailed off, thinking.

"Good thinking Kah! What I'd expect from my top lackey." Huh? Oh, Mac was talking again. She liked to do that. The blobby gijinka seemed to like it when she did that too, because they started laughing, and then Mac turned red, and she tackled them.

"Hey, can I join? Wait, uh...you're coming this way. No wait, I don't wanna be run oveeer!" Ari scrambled to get out of their way. And then he heard a voice.

"What's going on here!?" a gijinka who looked to be about Kah's age approached, glaring at the group.

It was a blue guy! With old-man hair! Was he an old man then? He even had an old man beard on his shirt, even though it wasn't on his face. Did that count? He thought so, anyway.

"Sweeswee!" The village gijinka immediately rushed at the man, clinging to him. Even some in the Mac ball detached themselves to throw themselves at the guy. Ari couldn't help but laugh at the sight, causing the old man to glare at him, though the effect was lessened by the pink gijinka hanging off his arms, legs, and torso.

"Hey, get off, you're making me look bad," he muttered before somehow straightening, cheeks a pale pink. "Who are you people and what do you want with this place?" he asked the group.

"Uhh...my name's Ari and I came to eat food!" the Litleo bounced on his toes.

tRCh4Z6.png

Team Neo Not Dark, Outside of Deku

As Easter listened to the story, he wondered just how close Brooke was with this "Nook" person, though a part of him suspected that the two were one and the same...

This "White Fury." Who exactly was she? She seemed a hero to the people of Deku, but at the same time, she sounded like a jerk, leaving her trusted friend behind. Then again, hadn't he done the same? Multiple times? Images of a Pidgeot, a Flareon, and an Absol flitted through his mind. But, that had always been his way. Transient, here today, gone tomorrow. Drifting like a leaf, he had never really found a place he could call home, except perhaps, the arena. And wasn't that sad?

Already, his feet itched to leave. To get up and just go, to wherever. Thundurus was harmless, so there was no reason to stay. It seemed like most of the residents had ended up leaving anyway.

"Well, I think it’s about time we headed to bed, don’t you? A bit early, but today has me beat!"

Yes, perfect timing. He could leave as everybody else was preparing for bed. Right as he was about to get up, Dora's voice interrupted him. "Whachu gonna do? You don't live here, do you? You're gonna leave aren't you? That's sad..."

"I..." Easter was at a loss for words. Wooper weren't supposed to be part-psychic.

Dora started to stand, but collapsed against the Pangoro right next to the Sylveon. "Careful kid. Where you think you're going?"

"I wanna get sushi...er....Sam. He should be here too, he's nice...." Dora trailed off, face-planting on the ground, and started to snore.

Sam? And then he remembered. A Bisharp with superb cutting skills and a strange accent. He had gotten along swimmingly with him before. Still, he was probably dead. Regardless, it was time to get going. Funny. He had originally decided to stay for the night, but Brooke's story of the White Fury had reawakened the wanderer in him. Rising, the Sylveon bowed to the group. "It was a pleasure meeting you all, but the wandering soul knows no rest. Farewell." Straightening, he walked away, choosing a random direction, though as he saw the smoking ruins of Deku in the distance, he decided to stop there and see if there were any survivors, now that the threat of Thundurus wasn't hanging over his head anymore.

When he reached the smoking city, he decided to start from the outside in. Shifting through the rubble, he managed to find a multitude of dead bodies. Ignoring the urge to gag at the smell of charred flesh, he continued. Eventually, he managed to uncover a Zubat, an Ekans, and a Foongus. Using Wish, he healed the major injuries, and then directed them to the camp.

Finally, he stopped to rest, wiping his brow. It was tiring work. If it weren't for the strength he'd gained from fighting and sailing, he doubted he'd have been able to do so much.

Creak.

Oh, shi-- hopping off the wooden beam he'd been sitting on, he scrambled out of the way, just in the nick of time. Turning around, he gulped when he realized he'd just narrowly avoided being crushed by a giant sign. "Well, guess I have to keep mo--" he paused, inspecting the sign. "Slicing...Sam's...Su--oh." He looked more closely at the building in front of him. It was currently collapsed on itself, and he doubted anybody could've survived that. "Still...well. I might be able to find some packaged sushi or something."

Let’s live, even if it means lying,
For our own sakes.

“It’s cold out here.”

“Ssh, you should have been asleep at this hour.”

The Noctowl tried to silence the Swablu girl sitting on the back seat of the carriage as they crossed the countryside road at a night. The Noctowl, grateful enough to find someone that was willing to replace her as the librarian of Voile, had realized for quite a while that she was in no position to turn back now with what she did. She knew what the girl had done, and she knew what that action had taken as its toll. Yet, the Noctowl still considered that she should save her from the fate that awaited her, even if she broke the laws she used to strictly uphold.

“Where are Mom and Dad?”

“They’re fine, and you should not worry about them for now. They would be very busy however…so they decided that I should take care of you for a while.

I mean I’m pretty much your full-time caretaker for a while already anyway, no?”

Should she say that her parents were dead? The Noctowl looked at the bandaged wound on the Swablu’s head. Perhaps she couldn’t recall what she had done after the debris from the collapsing building fell on her. Would it be for the better though? Living a life of lies, the one that she had lived just like before? The Noctowl was still unable to understand the reasoning behind the incident itself. She had been the Swablu’s tutor for ages, yet…never once she saw that she had that kind of spite within her. The girl was a bit weird and eccentric at times, yes. But…to actually-

“Wait but…who…who are you?”

“I am your tutor, remember? I am the librarian that you often visits and play around with, the one that accompanies you to travel around the city and to watch those shows you loved on the theater, don’t you remember about it?”

“…No, I don’t think so. I…don’t know, I can’t remember anything. Should I trust you?”

“Perhaps, it is up to you. However…” The Noctowl paused. The damage to her memory seemingly was a lot more severe than she expected. Thinking about what she should ask for a bit, she came with an answer some minutes later. “I…well, wouldn’t it be nice if you tell me more about yourself?”

“Uh…yeah. My name is…I’m…I’m…uhhhhh…”

Silence followed. The Swablu could not give a proper answer, and drowned in her thoughts. The Noctowl gave off a deep sigh while she watched, not sure on how else she would react. Perhaps it was really meant to be a new start for both of them. Yet…no matter she looked at her, no matter how she acted now, even after the Noctowl ran away from the city with her, she couldn’t see the young girl that befriended her in the shivering Swablu. No matter how she tried to look at her in a different way, all the Noctowl could see was a monster, waiting to engulf the world in its fire.

But, she had steeled her resolve. Monster or not, the Swablu was still someone important to her. If she could be happy with a dream of being a star like her parents, the ones that made people smile, then the Noctowl would help shape her to be happy like that, as much as it was a big lie. That shouldn’t matter.

As long as the girl she took the responsibility of could have a future to look forward to, then Alleria would be willing to do anything.

“Just rest for now, close your eyes. Everything will be alright. Smile a bit, that’s what your mother always said to you, remember? Even if you’re hurting, just smile. That is what your heart always desire to do after all.”

So show me your best smile.

…Even if it’s a lie.

rJpKuFs.png?1

“We have our tomorrow.

Joining our hands firmly together,

We’ll now walk forth softly.”

Alleria was humming a song in the front of the building she found herself awaken in. It was a love song she vaguely reminded, although she mainly was singing it simply to calm herself down as she was quite confused on her current predicament. She woke up alone, with terrible pain all over her body to the point that she was having a hard time walking, and she could feel like her mind was clouded by something. It’s perhaps the usual fare of her doing something stupid and went unconscious after her head hit something pretty hard. She had looked around earlier, and found out that she’s currently in Adarid City’s slums, for reasons unknown to her. Without any ideas on where she should go, she decided to sing for a bit so she could perhaps focus her mind enough on her next destination.

“In place of those words locked away,

May I never let go of your hand.”

Ah, right. The clouds in her memories had dissipated a little bit somehow, and she recalled that she was supposed to go to Adarid with her teammates…who were they…ah, they were a Mismargius, a Rotom, an Empoleon, and a cute Drapion that she remembered as her big fan. Ah, that was a shame! How could she, Alleria Ethera, the future star of Adarid could forget about the people she has worked a lot to bring smiles upon them? Without questioning the fact that she shouldn’t have been able to remember this if this was the usual round of her memory reset, Alleria stood up from her current place, and started to force herself to move to find her friends. Although, with her lower body still feeling sore and numb, she decided to float around instead.

Perhaps it had something to do with the Kadabra that kept on watching her in a creepy way. Though, that was not what Alleria wished to think now. Fully intent on finding her teammates again, she finished humming the love song, and went chasing for clues across the slums for where her friends would be now.

There’s nothing that doesn’t change,

Yet there’s also nothing that does.

Surely, from now and forever on!”

iU8EggM.png

“…I’ll vouch for you if you want to stick around.”

“Yeah…thanks…I guess.”

“…Wait, what did I miss?”

After going around the block to find her friends, perhaps by luck Alleria stumbled upon them, and while she was going to appear normally and silently at first, she was quite confused with the excerpt of the exchange she heard between the cute Drapion and the Mismargius…uh…who were they again…ah, right. Fiona and Gwen. Seemingly not seeing it as awkward as she had just barged in to the two’s conversation, she decided to greet them in a cheerful manner.

“Hey hey, Fiona, and hello too Gwen! What did I miss? My head’s hurting and I can’t feel my lower body, and I awake far from you two so I feel worried that you two ended up worse than me! I think…well, pardon my language, but I feel like I got funked up really badly last night, but I don’t know why. I’m glad to see that you two are quite healthy though. We’re in Adarid, right? There’s someone I need to meet here and-

Wait, holy- seriously? Is that a real legendary over there?!”

Gasping at the sight of Mesprit inside of the building, the once-talking nonstop Alleria paused and opened her mouth wide. Whatever happened last night, it seemed to be quite a wild thing if it involved legendaries. Though, somewhat later, she realized that she was in an awkward position with the three of the people there.

“Uh…sorry for barging in just like this. I’m confused at everything, and I’m really worried for you two. And that aside…any of you seen the rotom…uh…I mean…uh, Lok, and uh…the..Emboa..wait no, the Empoleon that was with us?”

yUaDQKQ.png?1

“Well met child, then let us fight together!”

Of course, it was no time to doubt alliances. No time to be prideful either. The two of them needed to fight if either would want to get out of this alive, and despite the king’s brother was clearly a lot more powerful than she was, Fia was fully determined to help King Richard survive. That would be the right thing to do, and it could be the only way she could reunite with her children at this point. The fire trap that she made managed to slow the attackers down, but soon she was faced with two flamethrowers, one that was tanked and blown away by Richard, but the other hit her and knocked her back to the pyre. She could feel the pain on her body, but it was not the time to care about something as minor as that.

“Kill the girl first!”

“Kill me first? Do you feel that this little me is a threat, or are you just ashamed that a little girl like me could see how obviously flawed your plan is?”

Calling some of her fire, Fia lit herself and her staff on fire, and avoided the Electric Terrain James had set up as she waltzed through the small enclosed space and towards the Pyroar that launched a Flamethrower to her. Following the rhythm that fate had provided for her, she sidestepped the attack at the right time, and closed the remaining gap between her and the Pyroar. Putting her focus on disabling the Pyroar as much as she could, she started attacking him using her burning staff. Starting at her attempt to poke his eyes, she then followed the beat of her fiery dance to strike at his neck, and then a hard thrust towards the heart before she moved back, anticipating a retaliation.

She might be still quite weak compared to everyone else inside of the room, but Fia didn’t survive the wild and hard world for seven years since she was a kid by running away from all her troubles. What she lacked in power, she had in utility. Even if she had to strangle every single one of the attacker here, even if she had to pull the kitchen knife she used for self-defense, no way she would let the people she protected fall as the prey of the treacherous black lion.

“I am Fjanna Vaia Livrais, the daughter of my mother, and the mother of my children. Knights of treachery, come and get me if you dare!”

Team Karaoke, Adarid Slums

"Where...Where are my friends?"

"Ugh, don't cry and make me regret giving you that. They're right out there, find them yourself." With that Azelf floated out of the house and went off on his way. He was feeling uncomfortable being around that Altaria and Drapion and, instead of starting something, decided he'd force himself to just go elsewhere while they were around.

"So. Is there a reason you're just, looking me all over or is that just something you do?"

Uxie smiled at Nine, looking up from his examination for the first time. "Every body is different, it's important to learn as much as possible. Yours seemed to have gone through much so far. And there's an unusually high sex drive that I'm detecting. You should probably fix that somehow." Uxie sighed. "I'd like to examine more but the group you fought with would probably want you to help them decide what to do. You're so lucky, getting a chance to travel with such an...interesting group..." Uxie seemed lost in thought. He'd likely be able to answer any questions Nine had, but he seemed to be barely paying any attention anymore.

“…Wait, what did I miss?”

Gwen turned to Alleria and gasped. "Oh, hello, you look...well." She was speaking in an obviously forced cheer. All the while her mind was racing. Did she forget what happened? It wouldn't be the first time. Gwen wondered if there was something extremely wrong in this girl's head. She hadn't seen the fight she had with Fiona but from the way that Fiona cringed away it was clear it had been something fierce. But, she was just protecting them right? Right. Gwen nodded and floated closer to Alleria, interrupting her constant speech with a surprise hug. "Alleria I'm not sure how to explain this but...it seems you've lost some memory of last night. There was a battle, a terrible battle, and...well we won but you see..." She glanced at Fiona who was purposefully staring at the sky. "Well let's just say it was a Gastly experience. As for Lok, he's nearby, resting probably. He's such a brave boy...Wally left us days ago, though, dear. I'll fill in the blanks best I can, though it might be best to wait for the others."

And so Gwen waited to make sure if Lok and possibly Nine, who she would wave shyly towards, arrived before going into a summary of the events starting from the library until now, leaving out Fiona's betrayal and giving Lok a stern look that clearly said "If you have something to say about that, save it for later, young man."

While She did this Fiona inched herself closer to Lok. She realized that he was the only other person besides Gwen who seemed to know what she did, and she was attempting to speak with him. However she kept avoiding actually saying anything directly. Finally she managed a weak. "H-hey so...t-that was just...please don't hate me." She groaned and smacked her face, muttering into her hand "I sound so pathetic."

"So...from what I know we have a bit of a problem. That Nidoking probably will be looking for us once we leave, and the Honchkrow as well. If we want to deal with them we'll have to decide now. Otherwise we might have to try and sneak out of the city. I...am not sure what we should do it's all been so much more...violent than I expected. So I guess what I'm asking is...what do you want to do?" If he were around she'd look towards Nine and blush, "Oh gosh I'm sorry I'm acting like you're with our group, I guess I never introduced myself. I'm Gwendoline, I hope we can get along, heh heh..."

The Temple in the Sky

"Magearna I thought I said no guests?" The green haired Gijinka said, looking up from his cushion at the Pidgeot before him.

"Sorry sir he...he said it was important. And I didn't know anyone could actually get up here so..."

"It's fine, it's fine." The Gijinka glared at Captain. "What are you doing here? I told you I didn't want to see you or that damned ship again."

"Well sorry oh mighty Lord Rayquaza, King of the Sky. Just thought you'd want to know that the Kyurem Rod was stolen an-"

Suddenly Rayquaza was standing, and in a moment his hand was around Captain's neck, lifting him high. "IT WHAT? I ALLOWED YOU TO BE ENTRUSTED WITH IT BECAUSE YOU PROMISED YOU COULD KEEP IT SAFE. AND YOU JUST LET IT GO LIKE THAT? I SHOULD KILL YOU NOW!"

Fear flashed in Captain's eyes and he struggled to respond. "I...tried...there were so many...I thought no one knew...just...l-let me go...."

Rayquaza glared at the man, not releasing his hold. Then a small voice spoke next to him. "Milord please, I-I know you're angry but..."

Rayquaza looked to her and sighed, dropping Captain. "Get out of my sight, and never return unless it's with the Rod."

Captain nodded, smiling shakily at Magearna in thanks before leaving.

Rayquaza started to pace. "This is bad. I cannot leave this place to retrieve the Rod and if she's let out...Damn it all, Arceus!" He grabbed a nearby vase and hurled it across the room, breathing heavily. "Godslayers, and now this...We need help. We can't do this on our own." He looked to the sky. "I hope this isn't a mistake. Magearna, I will be leaving but only for a moment. I shall return as swiftly as I can."

With that Rayquaza left the palace and took flight, soaring through the air and moving up, up, up beyond the clouds and farther, into the depths of space.

Where he came across a glowing meteorite, floating in place, and surrounded by an unusual red glow. "I know your master is Arceus, however I am ruling in her place. Heed my call. Read my memories and you will discover what is happening on the surface. The legends are in danger, and thus the world. Go down there, find those who would destroy us, and bring them down. I give you this task, Deoxys."

The meteorite throbbed and pulsed with energy, seeming to listen to his words, before speeding past him and racing towards the surface, aiming to crash land and begin their hunt.
Deoxys has arrived to the Adarid region.

[spoiler=OOC]Alright Karaoke team time to decide the next course of actions. Let me know anything you need.

And yes, Deoxys is coming. Where they'll land, who knows! More info will come later.

Also as a note, around evening of Day 10 (check the OOC for your day, and also, this would be soon for Team Mac) the weather for about 5 minutes will suddenly go out of control. Sandstorms, Hail, Rain, Intense Sun, all happening in places it shouldn't for a brief time.

Archived