Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

The team had finally gotten to Coldharbour.  After all their hardships on the showdown, Taiga was glad to be off the ship.  At least now the frozen water that clung to her feet was a much better feeling than that of the possible splinters she'd get traversing the wooden docks.  The city was really drab though...not buzzing at all like that desert village.  It must've been just a distraction for people on their way to different parts of the continent.  

"So. This is Coldharbour."

"You must be some kinda genius kid..." Taiga said coldly.  

"Welcome to Coldharbour. We are under the protection of the Lord of Fryst and we expect visitors to follow the law. Please keep things civil and enjoy your shopping." A city guard droned on.  Taiga was about to open her mouth and chew this guy a new one before Isole and Scarlet interrupted her.  It was probably for the better.  Taiga would've gotten all four of them kicked out for good...and probably not in the direction they were headed.  Still, she crossed her arms and pouted.  

"Ahem. So. What do you want to do? We could just keep going but it's getting dark already...."  The rotom was right...travelling between these dinky villages was pretty dangerous.  Who knew what ambush would surprise them on the tundra.  If she had to fight another Ice-Type, she was going to blow a gasket.  They tasted like water for petalil's sake!  "Which of you three are the leader, anyway?...Are you even in a group?"

"Fufufu..."

Taiga couldn't help it, and a slight laugh escaped her.

"Leader?  Who would want to lead a group of losers like us eh?!  I don't see anyone really capable of taking the reigns besides me.  In all honesty, I'd probably be too harsh on these wimps if I were leader, and hell, I'm too lazy to do it anyways!"  Taiga brought her hand up to her mouth and laughed again.  "Fufufu!  I'm not even sure if I'd call us a group anyways.  Sure Scarlet's my....uh....hmm....accomplice and you just wanted some protection on your spirit journey.  That weird chandelure just keeps following us around...not really sure what he's up to, but he keeps ending up in the places we're at."  She leaned in closer to Isole.  "To be honest, I think he's stalking this cool piece of fin....if you catch my drift."  She backed up and laughed again.  "FUFUFUFU!  As if he'd get a piece!  FUFUFUFUFUFU!  I'd probably knock his lights out!  LITERALLY!  FUFUFUFU!"  Taiga couldn't help but crack up at the absurd notion.  Wiping a tear from her eye, she picked out her trusty itemfinder from her pocket.  She rubbed the screen, as it seemed it had gathered some residue.  Probably since it hadn't been used for a while.  She walked down the single road, looking for a trusty inn, whilst holding the itemfinder in front of her.  Small villages like this were easy game for a casual pickup. 

"I'm going to that inn over there....anyone that's on the 'team' be sure to follow.  It's about time I get a comfortable night of sleep with all that wave malarkey out of the way!"  Taiga did as she said and headed straight for one of the inns on the left side of the village.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M54v8vA.png?1

As Nine continued to tap on the barrier, a voice went off in his head that he had never once heard before. Stopping what he was doing, due to a sudden surprise brought about by the voice, the houndoom listened to what the voice had to tell him. It wasn't much, but it was telling enough. Given that it was worried about "ill will" it was most definitely in some kind of trouble, and given that it was speaking into his head to tell him to come towards it, it was probably what made this barrier in the first place. Well, who was Nine to turn down such a request from someone that was definitely some kind of strong? Realizing this matter was definitely urgent, rather than doing his usual kind of walk, Nine picked traveled through the slums at a running pace. 

Despite having been here quite a few times, Nine had never really explored the labyrinth that was the slums of Adarid. His prime target was always the library in this city, and given that always took the time away from the day, exploring the poor area at night never seemed like a good idea to the worldly houndoom. As such, it would have been very easy for him to get lost within the slums and given he didn't actually know where the, most likely, psychic gijinka was that called out to him was in the first place, it would have appeared as though he were just running in random directions. However, as if by some force brought about by the voice, Nine never hesitated in the directions that he picked. He simply felt that he was going in the right direction and kept following that feeling. 

Eventually, this feeling drew Nine all the way to a group of houses that had a singular gijinka standing there. The gijinka was one that didn't seem all that recognizable compared to other species he had met and had a presence that was unmistakably powerful. Nevertheless, the seemed to be unhappy, most likely with whatever it was they were dealing with, and so Nine continued to walk towards them as he called out, "hey there." As he walked towards the small blue psychic, he started to notice several other features of the creature that started to lead him to one very shocking conclusion as to why this gijinka's species seemed so difficult to place. Once the realization came to him as to what it was, his face instantly lit up with a combination of joy, excitement and a bit of disbelief. 

"Oh my- holy ar- your th- ," Nine continued to barely finish any thoughts as he couldn't quite believe that what he had been searching for for seven years, was not only before him, but actually called out to him. However, as this sort of starstruck state started to wain, he continued to press on."Man, to think you've been here this whole time and I never- man life is something else, let me tell you. Certainly less ceremonious than I was expecting, and you aren't exactly one of the big wigs, but hot damn! Even being a small timer like the three beasts is huge, and someone like you? Just great, amazing, captivating even. There's definitely a lot of questions I need to ask you and a lot more thing I need to find out that I think you can help me with. So many- so much-" while he seemed to be speaking at a mile a minute to the legend before him, Nine eventually managed to calm himself down. Taking in a deep breath he let out a long exhale. 

Looking back to the legend, his face had returned to its usual state of calm, and his voice had become far more steady. "But sadly I don't think you'll be able to help me out with that right now. But once this is done with, you can tell just how determined I am to get my questions answered, can't you Azelf?" Despite facing the legend he had been practically fawning over moments ago, Nine had an almost unwavering sense of confidence in his expression and words directed at the legend. "So, oh mighty being of willpower, what, pray tell, would you ask of a humble everyman such as myself?"

[spoiler=Finishing Up]

"Mmm? Oh, she passed out." In the middle of getting a taste of the Drapion's bleeding mound, Caelestia noticed that the girl was now unconscious, probably due to all the blood loss she suffered, or from the pain. Celia sighed in disappointment, before  biting on the tip of the mound she was focusing hard enough to make it bleed, and standing up, looking at the result of her deed. Her eyes closed, the small wounds opening, bleeding all over, Fiona looked quite beautiful in her disgraced state like this. Alleria smiled, and licked what remained of Fiona's blood from her lips. Ah, if only she could immortalize such a moment!

"It's the reward a traitor deserves~ Gee, if I know you're here to clean up those cute legendary boys, then I'll happily oblige to help you. Too bad you're too stubborn for your own good. So stay still here lying beautifully like that while I go clean up your master from the face of this world, alright? Use this time to start getting used to the fact that you're now my slave~!

But damn, you staying in that pose really making me tingly all over. You're making me drenched! Ah well, ah well, I can handle this myself."

Celia took some steps forward, and bowed to take the icicle from the unconscious Fiona's crotch. Pretty sure that there was no one that was watching her, she took steps to open up her underside, and slid the bloodied rough edge inside of her this time before covering it again. It hurts, of course, but the pain kept her awake enough to maintain the weather. She could feel her own blood trickling down, but at this point it only turned her on even more. That done and with her getting properly dressed once more, she turned and faced the battlefield, feeling refreshed after that the thorn she needed to deal with had been satisfyingly removed from the equation for now.

"Sleep tight, young princess~"

With that said, she disappeared in a gust of wind, leaving Fiona alone, still unconscious.

uxwDnhl.png?1

"Gee, I really think my guesses don't even work earlier." Celia mumbled as she attempted to locate a Xatu in the middle of the hailstorm. Technically speaking, she was still capable of utilizing her Cloud Nine ability, although the Dance of Dissonant Weather, the secret art she managed to utilize, required her to remove the effect of her ability so that it would only affect a very short area around her. So, while she was in no danger of freezing over, her sight was still obstructed by the hailstorm, sadly.

"That's definitely not the way she'd deny my guesses if she's just denying for the sake of denying. Maybe I should learn more on how to make better guesses for future sessions. Can't let myself be seen as terrible when it comes to this, nope."

But then, she noticed several presences on her sight. More than what she remembered to be inside of the barrier that ended up encircling them. Did the little boys end up letting more people inside? But these appeared way too fast and too sudden. Clones, perhaps? Did the Xatu make other clones, or did it come from one of her teammates? Celia was unsure, although she then remembered Lok was capable of doing so. One of the figures lunged forward apparently, a bigger one from the other. Was it Gwen? The hailstorm and blizzards were really inconvenient, and thus, Celia initiated another series of movements.

"Thunder!"

The hailstorm subsided, replaced with the everpresence of dark clouds hovering above the barrier, and from it, a powerful blast of lightning came crashing down, with Celia aiming towards one of the Xatus, Or were there only one remaining? Truthfully Celia didn't pay much of attention to the location of the Xatus, and thus she only fired the attack immediately on the first greenhead idiotic bird she saw. Riding on the tailwind, she disappeared from her position and reappeared before Lok, still facing the Xatu she had just attempted to zap.

"She's really powerful, isn't she?

It makes things more interesting if you ask me. I'd say, it makes her inevitable defeat be more satisfying to watch. But that comes for later. Any plans to deal with her now, Lok?"

At the edge of her sight, she could seem to notice the presence of someone talking with Azelf at the edge of the gap. Who was he? Perhaps an ally. Seems like a fire type looking at how he looked. For the potential that he's an ally, Celia decided that she should hold back the drizzle from coming down, but the moment he proved to be a nuisance...well, the sun would never shine for him ever again.

But now she needed to fight off this Xatu first. The all-important, all-annoying stupid bird with something wrong in its head.

yUaDQKQ.png?1

"I refuse."

Hearing James' explanation, Fiona spoke up before the others. Her tone was flat, indifferent. At least at first.

"I am not here to betray the trust of the host that welcomed us three here. And I have no reason to trust you either, one who tried to lead us to betrayal. You're the king's brother, yet you dared to even propose to us that betraying him is a necessity to save this land. Forget about legends, forget about the Flame of Rebirth. I am unfit to face her if I have to stain my hand in such a cowardly, unsavory act.

What kind of curse would you bring to this land if treachery became its foundation? And what would happen next? You became king, and geared the people of this land to fight off the invasion, or connect with the people of Adarid to do so. Would they even follow you? As long as the king is alive, there would always be the possibility of him seeing your betrayal, and once word is out, which it definitely will, no one will listen to a traitor's plea. And then, what would happen if it managed to resolved with the survival of this land? You might become drunk with power, a very real possibility that you have failed to convince us to not be the case. You might keep your word and step down, but what would happen? You'll be cast as an exile at best, executed at worst. There would be no way the king would not be aware of your plotting with how you planned it to be. But, ignoring you, would the king even stay the same? Would he rule this land as justly and wisely as he did before your betrayal? Experiences like what you asked us to do would affect him to the core. At best he would just be a self-doubting ruler, with how much he realized that you were right all this time regarding this invasion, if it does even exist as a possibility, and thus he would become a weak ruler, unsure of his moves. At worst, he wouldn't be able to trust anyone. He could end up ruling as a paranoid, or a tyrant, or both.

Is that what you want this land to face, Strategist of the King? Would you cast off the pride from these rocks just like that in your tunnel vision of this being the only way to save this land? Authority doesn't only come from the fanciful position you might have. Doesn't matter if you're the king or not, if you've been reduced into begging to strangers to beat some sense to your king from all the years after you've been injured to protect him, then no one will bother to follow your words. Have some pride! You're a lion, aren't you? Prove to your brother of the importance of having allies! Leave this place on your own, stage negotiations between this land and others, and if your claim of this threat is really a thing, then show it. Show the fact to everyone that it is important to stay connected with the outside world. Cast off this land's arrogance by riding to their salvation with the allies you have gathered! At the nick of time to make it an even more dramatic moment!"

Fjanna tried to catch up with her breathing the moment her speech was done. She tried her best to keep it short and her tone indifferent, but something about the request ticked her on the wrong way, causing her to give the Luxray a verbal lashing, although she managed to keep her expression calm enough. And moreover, she was still tired. Surprisingly so. Perhaps the stress she had been gathering inside of her mind had piled up to a critical mass and took its toll on her, physically. With a softer voice, she continued her words.

"Not to mention, I believe it is quite a mistake to ask two bug-types to weaken a fire type. Denku would be the only one of use for you here if you are still willing to do anything to the king.

I refuse to partake in this in any way. Foolish as it is, that is my pride."

Without saying anything else and without turning around to see the Luxray even once more, Fia descended from the place, humming a tune to herself as she headed back to her chamber, aiming to get more sleep in preparation of tomorrow's ritual.

The Slums Team Karaoke

"G-Gwen!" Lok thought to his head. He had watched the entirety of the events that unfolded between the Xatu and Gwen - both of them seem to be suffering from some sort of poison. He grit his teeth...or, well, he "grit his teeth" while inside the stone he was possessing. "She's really powerful, isn't she?" He looked up at Celia...and immediately look down, blushing as hard as a stone would allow. He wasn't sure if she was aware of his presence or not, but he was almost directly beneath her. As he started rolling forward to get out of that position, she spoke. "It makes things more interesting if you ask me. I'd say, it makes her inevitable defeat be more satisfying to watch. But that comes for later. Any plans to deal with her now, Lok?" Well, she definitely knew he was somewhere. He emerged from the rock and landed in front of her. "I have a plan alright..." Despite how embarrassed he was a couple of seconds ago, he was still filled to the brim with rage. He clenched both his hands into fists, before viciously releasing them, revealing a group of light blue and fiery orbs. "...if she's still up, finished her off for me, k?" He wasn't sure if it was because of his anger or because he knew this was his opportunity, but his legs seemed to move on their own despite his body aching from everywhere, as he dashed towards the weakened Xatu. He leaped onto the Xatu, making sure that his hands landed directly on the Xatu's body. "Leave us alone!" As his hands touched the Xatu, he unleashed the Hex fire that he had used before dashing, firing it off directly onto the Xatu's body.

Coldharbour Team Showdown

Isole was very visibly uncomfortable with Scarlet's sudden hand on her shoulder. Slipping away, she spoke to the group. "Ahem. So. What do you want to do? We could just keep going but it's getting dark already....Which of you three are the leader, anyway?...Are you even in a group?" Scarlet hadn't really thought of that - Taiga and her just kind of starter going on a journey together, and Cabrakan had technically tagged along during their trip on the S.S. Showdown. Before she could answer, though, she heard what sounded like a little giggle emerge from Taiga.

"Leader?  Who would want to lead a group of losers like us eh?!  I don't see anyone really capable of taking the reigns besides me.  In all honesty, I'd probably be too harsh on these wimps if I were leader, and hell, I'm too lazy to do it anyways! Fufufu!  I'm not even sure if I'd call us a group anyways.  Sure Scarlet's my....uh....hmm....accomplice" Scarlet couldn't help but let out a little giggle herself. "and you just wanted some protection on your spirit journey.  That weird chandelure just keeps following us around...not really sure what he's up to, but he keeps ending up in the places we're at." She leaned over to Isole. "To be honest, I think he's stalking this cool piece of fin....if you catch my drift. FUFUFUFU!  As if he'd get a piece!  FUFUFUFUFUFU!  I'd probably knock his lights out!  LITERALLY!  FUFUFUFU!" Scarlet could just feel the heat from Cabrakan's anger behind her. Before any of them could replay, however, Taiga had already started going forwards, a strange object in her hands. "I'm going to that inn over there....anyone that's on the 'team' be sure to follow.  It's about time I get a comfortable night of sleep with all that wave malarkey out of the way!"

Scarlet sighed, although she couldn't help but smile at her fishy friend. She turned to the rest of the group. "Well, to answer your question properly...well, we haven't really thought of that." She shrugged. "Me and Taiga grouped up at Oasis, and we just happen to cross paths with both of you in the S.S. Showdown..." She turned around to see where Taiga had wondered off to. "We can choose a leader after we choose an Inn to stay." She said, motioning the group to follow her and she slowly followed Taiga to the inn.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Pride Rock

"...Orgen, huh," Beatrice began to muse as she was resting, 'Is that where Mom said he was staying? Hmm... I better wait before I bring that up,'

However, the possibility of her father being in Orgen had been heavily weighing on Beatrice's mind, ever since Denku brought the name of the city up. She lay on her stomach with her eyes open this whole time. She was slowly beginning to fall asleep when suddenly the messenger came, telling all three to meet James.

Beatrice groggily walked her way over to the King's Lookout, and by the time she managed it, James had already began speaking to Fjanna and Denku, and with a grim look on his face as well. Beatrice heard enough. She already gathered that a gang of Mightyena wanted to attack Pride Rock, and according to James, the only way that could be stopped was if the king was overthrown. Judging by the gravity of the situation at hand, Beatrice couldn't imagine any of the three able to...

"I refuse."

Fjanna followed this up with a massive speech about pride and betrayal or whatever, but she was missing the point entirely. The whole point was that James would be saving these people. From Dark-types that had no respect for human life. True, overthrowing a king was a moral issue, which may or may not have been thought through, but a sacrifice had to be made. Could Fjanna not see that? Or was she too busy being a pretentious...? It sickened Beatrice to even think of it, but maybe that's the whole reason Fjanna suggested the trio even come her in the first place, as if she needed to flaunt her ego. With her wings fluttering in rage, Beatrice trudged angrily towards the girl that she thought was her friend and, without warning, slammed an open palm into her face with all her might.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR funking MIND??!!" Beatrice screamed, "This man is trying to save his kingdom from all damnation, and he's fresh out of options here! And he's a tactician too(!); you'd think he'd have thought of everything under the Arceus-damned sun! Can you not funking see that?! Or is this place being overrun by these "Mightyena of the Shadow Land" actually what you want?! I'm talking land being taken over! Crops being burned down! Houses being robbed of their sheet! Men being killed off! Women being raped! funking RAPED, FIA!! How in Yveltal's name could you stand for any of that?!"

Tears now streaming down her eyes, Beatrice turned away, and walked right past Fjanna. It was clear that she didn't want to talk to the Larvesta Gijinka any more, and she instead turned her attention to James, the tactician. Her knees were trembling all this time as she cried, giving out just as she bowed to the tactician.

"F-f-forgive me. I c-can't c-control my tongue wh-wh-when I... get... str-ressed l-like this, and I've n-nev-ver been able to," it was at this time that Beatrice finally made an effort to rise, pushing herself up so that she no longer required her hands for support, but remaining on her knees for now, "I... I-I don't know all th-that much, but... I d-do kn-know what it f-feels like to be p-p-powerl-less. Where I c-come f-from, I g-get t-t-target-ted by violence... all th-the time, and... ev-very time I-I do, I... I w-wond-der how I s-s-surv-vive. Day in a-and d-day out, I... I f-feel w-w-weak... u-usel-less... I... can't... g-grow... stro-o-o-o-ong..."

Once again, Beatrice found herself burying her face in her hands. But after she was done, she finally sought to fully rise to her feet. Her whole body was shaking. Her lips were drying up. Her eyes burned with pain from her sorrow. But she rose... although she had to lean on one of her lances for support.

"P-please... I d-don't know if I-I'm t-too weak, b-but... I want to help," she stuttered heavily as before, but gradually found her strength in her voice again, "I-I want you to keep the kingd-dom in one piece. I want to kill those th-that would want to attack it. And I'd be honored to protect your people if that's w-what I'm at all capable of. I... just have one question. You said that you needed the king to be weakened, so you could... best him in a duel, and... take his place as king. Are you 100% certain that such a drastic action needs to be made? Because I swear to Arceus, if you end up punishing your own brother in vain, I'll kick your ass so hard you'll my entire leg in your digestive system. And that's not just a threat; it's a guarantee. Do I make myself with any clarity at all?"

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Coldharbour

The moment Taiga opened her idiot mouth, Cabrakan immediately forced his open palm right into his face. He heard everything, and it took every ounce of his strength to resist the temptation of turning Taiga into Sharpedo fin soup. He was already beginning to rue the day they met.

"Hold up," Cabrakan called to Scarlet and Isole as they were beginning to follow Taiga, before turning to Isole specifically, "Please ignore everything that Sharpedo had said to you; she has no idea what she's talking about. Trust me; you'd be surprised at the sheer amount of crap she spouts out."

Cabrakan sighed in his pause, turning back to the both of them.

"Personally I don't see the necessity for a leader between the three of us, but if you insist there be one, I suppose I can take the reigns," he stated, "But we'll need to leave earlier rather than later, whilst she is not with us at present. If that's not possible, then I fear my sanity will be worn thin. I'm aware we'll need 3 days worth of supplies before we go, however. There should be stores still open at this time of night if I recall correctly, so I'll have a look around."

Kazo grunted as he fought Mac, trying to pull her underneath the ground. Why was she kicking so much?! Just get down here already!! Suddenly, Kazo heard it... It was a roar... A terrible roar from Kah.

This one was different though... It was a cry of pain. Wait... Edgelord was a bug... Kah was dark. Oh crap. Edgelord must have landed a powerful attack. That meant... The strongest was in danger. How strong was this Sycther?! Panicked, he pulled on Mac with all his might, finally getting her underground. He endured her kicks as he dragged her away, taking her back to the spot he left Ari. Without a word, he tossed her in before digging into his pocket. He rolled 100 Poké at the Diglett and quickly closed the holes behind him so Mac couldn't follow. God, that Diglett deserved much more.

He 'surfaced', his hair looking like blue grass as he peeked out, trying to see what was going on. All he saw was Kah laying on the ground, knocked out, and Edgelord looking over one of his holes. Thank Arcues he dug in an erratic pattern. If he wanted to follow,he would have a hard time doing so.

He quietly dug to Kah, wrapping an arm around her waist. His face started to turn a bright red, heating up as he accidentally felt her skin. It was so soft! How was the toughest and scariest member of the group so soft...? With a gulp, he slowly pulled her underground. His heart was pounding as he carried her away back to alcove.

That Diglett deserved a lot of money right now.

Denku had a major headache right now. Like... An extremely bad one. First, he was woken up to come out here to meet James. Now, he didn't have anything against the man, but he hated to be woken up. Then, he wanted them to weaken the king, Arcues only knows how, so he could defeat him in combat. Yes, the cause sounded noble, but the method was... Less so.

Fia had disagreed, but Bea strongly disagreed with Fia, slapping her across the face. Denku's headache was now at maximum power. Goddamn, he needed to sleep now...

And then Bea broke down. She started to sob a bit, and he felt his heart breaking slightly at the sound of it. And here he thought his heart couldn't break anymore. However, despite her flaws, Fia was still an innocent girl. Yeah, she had... A bit of an inflated ego at the moment, but it was nothing the real world wouldn't beat out of her eventually. He had no idea who to side with. So, he decided not to.

"Look," He said to James. "She's right," he said, pointing at Fia. "We have no reason to trust you. This sounds like an elaborate ruse to get you crowned king and pin the blame on us. However," he then pointed to Bea. "She's also right. If this is a real threat, we can't stand idly by, our thumbs up our asses," he shook his head. "You can't expect me to have an answer for you tonight," he stated quietly. "Let me ponder it tonight, and I will give you an answer in the morning," with that, he walked off, passing Fia and vanishing into the shadows of the Rock, making sure he was the first back into the room.

When he got there, instead of sleeping, he found a large and tall rock. He moved it to the corner, taking off his mask and strapping it to the rock. He then wrapped his cloak around it. It wasn't the best job in the world, but it did look like him while he was sleeping. Denku then quickly slipped out of the room, running off before Fia or Bea could come back.

Sticking to the shadows, he headed towards the way they entered this damn rock in the first place. He needed answers, and he was not going to find them here. He managed to get outside and head in the general direction of the shadowy place he saw earlier. The best way to see if there was a threat was to go where the threat was apparently located.

Was this a bad idea? Oh hell yes. But a dead man didn't care about that. Only what worked. And this would work.

yUaDQKQ.png?1

"How in Yveltal's name could you stand for any of that?!"

The slap mark still felt as if it burned on her skin. Fjanna was silent as Bea broke down before her, and she didn't say anything as Bea went crawling towards James and accepted his plea, musing on how weak she was. Fia stood there, still. Denku gave off his answer of indecisiveness, before leaving the premise, perhaps to think for a more proper answer.

"Are you done?"

For someone that had been the subject of a verbal lashing and a hard slap, Fia tried her best to sound calm.

"If that is all you have to say, then I shall take my leave.

My stance on this will not change. Lay one hand on the king, and I shall pass justice in his place to either of you, even if that would be the last thing I do.

Good night."

There was no use to argue to either of them. They're too stuck to their own mindset that Fia could not be bothered to help save the kingdom from the Mightyenas. Even Denku inferred that about her. To think he was supposed to be the most rational of the three. There was nothing in her speech that had any implication that she wouldn't do anything in response to the looming threat. That would be stupid. This land was misguided with its pride blinding it, and fate had dictated that she should do something about it to the best of her ability.

And, if she didn't care about what will happen, then why would she talk about alternatives?

Knowing them, they probably didn't actually listen to what she said. As usual.

She couldn't care less anymore. Even if they're her children, if they would taint their hand in a treacherous act, then it would be by her mercy that they would get their just dessert. Thinking about nothing else, Fianna went towards her bed, and started sleeping. There was way too many things happening today.

Tomorrow could probably be worse.

Team Showdown, Coldharbour

Isole stared at Taiga for a good while. The shark was eager to put herself forward as leader. Though apparently Cabrakan was some kind of stalker. "I got that vibe from him." Isole stated flatly.

It seemed the shark intended to stay the night in an inn. Which made sense, especially as it was probably, to the water type, pretty cold out here.

Though the snow did protect from the wind, there was an undeniable chill in the air, and now that Isole glanced around she realized the residents seemed somewhat on edge about something. Not that she cared.

Scarlet answered next, which seemed to indicate there wasn't a leader. "How indecisive." Isole stated. This one, too, seemed to want to go to the inn.

And then there was Cabrakan. Who sounded as though he wanted to leave the group entirely. This was annoying. She had to keep her eye out for the one who took the rod. And now she had to decide who to go with?

"I'm going somewhere else. Come get me when you've figured this out." She said, clearly annoyed.

As she left she felt as though she was being watched. Wondering if Cabrakan had followed her, as she headed in the opposite direction as the rest, she turned to look. Nothing. Of course, were he a stalker like Taiga said she wouldn't notice anyway right?

Cabrakan would learn it's very easy to find an open shop at any hour of the day. There were several shops that were currently running, and vying for his attention. He also would feel as though someone was following him. As would Taiga and Scarlet, even as they step inside of the inn where the inn-keep told them a room was a mere 50 Poke a night.

Team Karaoke, vs Xatu God Slayer

"Your praise doesn't mean much. Mespirit would like your flowery speech I'm sure. Right now what I need from you is to go in there" Azelf nodded at the barrier. "And stop the God Slayer. They are fighting against several Chasers like yourself. Target the Xatu, defend the rest. However, if you get a chance...knock out the Altaria afterwards."

If Nine agreed, Azelf would lower a small part of the barrier and let him through, into the raging battlefield.

Unable to see much, the Xatu clone was struck by the thunderbolt, not destroying it like a normal clone would, but instead stunning them and dropping them to the ground. Focused on the assault on their clone, and the ghost girl at their feet, the original Xatu didn't notice the smaller ghost sneaking up on them.

They did very clearly notice the pain from the Hex. They cried out in more rage than anything else and whirled on the Rotom. As soon as they did two of their three clones swarmed him, each of them surrounding the young boy and attacking him with an Air Slash.

Gwen shouted out and moved into the way of the one sent by the original, and was struck with it. Before she could try and stop the rest, however, she felt a psychic blast inside of her mind. The Xatu's previous attack coming to fruition now. Gwendoline's body was strong against such attacks, but so many, from such a strong force, proved too much for her as she collapsed, still levitating slightly off the ground.

Team Sexual Tension, Pride Rock

The first to respond to James' plea was none other than the potential prophet. He wasn't all too surprised by the refusal, however the force behind her words was quite something to behold. He had heard the Flame of Rebirth had a temper beyond their calm demeanor but he hadn't expected this girl to be so similar. Perhaps...she truly is...But that didn't matter right now. What mattered was the other's response. He needed their help, even if their supposed leader was against it. The one called Denku seemed to be considering it, which was much better than some alternatives, but time was running short.

Luckily the Beedrill girl seemed extremely willing to help. James gave her a sympathetic smile when she had her break down, silently waiting for her to get it out of her system. Once she finished, and the others left, he spoke. "You are lucky, young one, our traditions would have you imprisoned for laying hands on a potential prophet. However I am much more lenient. I am sure of your strength, else I would not ask you to do such a...dire task. I know this seems...terrible but it is the only way. I came to this conclusion after much trial, and effort, and planning...alas it's the only option left. If you truly will help, then I shall send you a message with instructions tomorrow, when the time is right. Try and stay close. And sleep well, tomorrow will have much risk."

As she left, James turned back to the lands beyond. He let out a sigh. Just one. Not what he had hoped but not as bad as he had feared. They could do this, if they were careful. Fia would be a problem but it was possible she would make a mistake if she tried anything. It was all coming together.

Denku's leaving was not missed. A Luxray followed him out. Whether to keep an eye on him, or keep him safe, it was hard to tell. But he kept a safe distance from the man as he traveled across the Pride Lands. He continued on for hours, and was still going when the sun rose. He didn't get as far as he'd expect, maybe half a day of travel, before discovering something unusual.
There was a large cave, with noises coming from within. The voices were somewhat hushed, but clearly making some sort of plan. It was suspicious, though potentially just a group of warriors of the Pride Lands. The Luxray couldn't hear yet from the distance they were, but they continued to watch Denku.

Bea would find that several of the warriors of Pride Rock would be gazing at her with something akin to respect, and camaraderie. These were the soldiers loyal to James, though they seemed small in number. She and Fia would be offered breakfast in the same cavern that they had their feast, and if Denku's absence was noticed they would tell the pair they'd try and find where he went for them.

Fia was asked to approach the king, who would greet her warmly, seemingly without a worry. "Young one, tonight we shall be able to perform the test to see if you can commune with the Flame of Rebirth. An old sage from the wood to the east is on his way to this place, and he will give you the test. I eagerly await to see what will come of it. While we wait, if you'd like to learn anything more, or want something for entertainment, feel free to ask. The same goes to you, Beatrice." Richard said with a warm smile. "And Denku too when he comes around."

James was silent, next to the king, not betraying any emotions as he watched the two.

Team Mac, Inside Diglett's Home

Mac cursed, though without actual curses and more childish insults, as she kicked at who she now realized was Kazo. As soon as she let him go she was about to give him a piece of his mind, but he closed the hole behind him and she was forced to settle for blasting it with a thundershock. "Daaaaang iiiiit! I wanted to fight! I could've beaten him!"

Ari tilted his head. "Hello." he said simply.

"Oh, you're here, uhhh. Hi?" Mac said, now realizing there was someone else here.

"I'm going to go back to bed. And pretend nothing happened here. Just don't eat me." The Diglett said.

"I won't eat you, you're probably too chewy or something!" Ari said. The Diglett seemed less than relieved but cowered under its makeshift bed again.

"Hey Mac, wanna play eye-spy?" Ari said awkwardly, remembering their earlier argument.

Before she could respond, Kazo had returned with Kah, who seemed to be in serious condition. Ari dropped everything, literally as he was holding onto some dirt balls for some reason, and went to her side to try and help what he could.

Mac glared daggers at Kazo and said. "You. Are. The. WORST. Lackey. EVER." She puffed out her cheek, turned away, and sat, muttering darkly.

Above ground Edgelord was furious. He couldn't follow them underground or he'd be at a major disadvantage. And he had no way of knowing where they'd come out. "I'll tear them apart next time I see them, I won't bother with theatrics, I'll just rip their god damn heads off right from the start!" He stormed into the woods. When he came across the Butterfree and Metapod, he sliced them in two, and moved on, cutting down several trees in his angered exit from the area.

M54v8vA.png?1

After his brief moment of fawning over Azelf was over, the legend had responded to him rather bluntly and concisely. Fitting. The task from the legend was plain and simple. Stop the Godslayer, Xatu, who was in the middle of a scuffle with others at the moment. Protect the others who were there fighting it as well. And then simply knock out an altaria that was around as well, if the chance presented itself. Well, fighting a single Xatu, who was already fighting others, seemed pretty easy and right up the houndoom's alle- wait a second. 

His train of thought backpedaled for a bit, as he went over one of the important parts of Azelf's request. "Godslayer?" he said flatly. "The Godslayer?The man seemed to be in a state of momentary shock as the realization dawned on him. He was going to fight, the godslayer. The modern Chaser that put all others to shame. The person who started this whole Chaser boom a year ago. Someone who had single handedly killed a legend, and not just any of them. One of the stronger, definitely stronger than most, legends. And that godslayer was here?! Nine was at a simple loss for words as this revelation came to him. Could this day have gotten any better?! In less than a few minutes time he had not only managed to meet a legend, speak with them no less, and now he was going to meet with the being that was practically a legend amongst regular gijijnka. Nine looked straight at Azelf, a fire almost literally in his eyes as he said,"isn't doing a legend's challenge every Chaser's dream?"

With his determination and answer fairly obvious to the legend of willpower, Nine quickly rushed off through the barrier to go after the fight against Godslayer. Now, Nine was no moron, nor was he all powerful. Under any other circumstance, he most likely would've stuck as far away from Godslayer as possible. That gijinka had to be a monster in strength, far beyond Nine's league and one he would have no hope in beating. Even personality wise they seemed awful, as killing a legend was completely unnecessary to go through the trials of a Chaser and the ramifications behind killing certain ones seemed to be absolutely disastrous. But this was no ordinary circumstance. Nine had no reason to believe that Azelf was stupid, wasn't Uxie level smart, but not stupid. They most likely wouldn't just send a random passerby to their death, especially if they were keeping a barrier around the whole area to keep others safe. And so, Nine had no reason to believe that he couldn't fight with this Godslayer person, and continued his sprint to the area where the Xatu was quite clearly in view.

The situation was pretty apparent to him. A mismagius was going head to head with one of the xatus, and converging on a rotom who seemed a bit in over his head. Obviously, they were the ones in need of defending, and so that's just what Nine had planned to do. Like a hero out of some sort of work of fiction, Nine jumped into the fray and took what appeared to a blade of air for the poor rotom, taking the attack in full force. While he put his arms in front of him to brace for the attack, he winced in pain, his foot sliding back from the force of the air that had just struck him. He had been hit only once, and already this Godslayer person was showcasing how much of a more formidable force they were over him. As Nine put his arms down to then go on the offensive, he finally got his first good look at the face belonging to the Xatu. His eyes went wide for a brief moment, at the realization of who his opponent was, but his movements faltered none. 

As a strange dark aura coated him, Nine went to palm thrust the Xatu, as a sudden realization dawned upon him. This was a move that he had used countless times before, one that used the strength of the opponent against them. He had fought all manner of foe before using this move, but never once did he get a feeling quite like this. The sudden surge of strength that went through him was absolutely incredible, the raw difference in strength between him and this Godslayer only becoming more and more apparent by the second. He was right in suspecting that this would not be a fight he would ever do on his own, but here he was now, and no matter how strong this chaser's strength was, it mattered little. For in this instant, this overwhelming power between the two wasn't just the Xatu's. It was his. 

With a sudden movement, his body still coated in the dark aura, Nine brought around his other hand to smash it into the side of the Xatu he was fighting. From there, he used the force of both of his hands to shove the Xatu he was fighting into the one that stood before the, now unconscious, Mismagius. After his attack was over, Nine looked straight towards the Xatu, a slight glare in his eyes and mischievous smirk now on his face. "Well well well, lookie here. Now what is my favorite librarian on this whole continent doing fighting some poor defenseless kid like this?"

"You. Are. The. WORST. Lackey. EVER." Kazo heard Mac pouting. He growled as he took off his jacket, ripping it up so he could wrap up Kah's wounds. He just needed to work fast. It took a few minutes, but he ripped away the shreds of her blue clothes so he could wrap up her chest. All his instinctual fear of women, of the consequences, of Kah were being suppressed so he could finish tending to her wounds.

After a few minutes, he finished wrapping her up, sighing in relief. He then blushed red as he realized what he just did and he sprung away from her like she was made of ice. He really hated ice... He calmed down, listening to see if he could track Edgelord. The sound and vibrations told him that Edgelord was leaving... and maybe cutting down trees. Damn, how sharp where those things? With a sigh, he went to a wall and started to dig. 

"I'm a horrible lackey for saving another lackey who may have died if you stayed and fought?" Kazo wasn't even going to bring up the fact that Mac couldn't do a thing. "If you care more about your ego than her life, that makes you a horrible leader," He grabbed Kah and dug out, headed to the surface.

Denku had been walking for a long time now... the sun had risen, and he still couldn't find this place he was headed to. He was alone out here, and the silence let him think. Sometimes he wondered why he was traveling with these people. They were either far too emotional, or far too emotionaless. That last one was saying something sense he seemed to have only two emotional responses: anger and sadness. He shook his head. He needed to focus. 

Denku then heard voices coming from a cave. That seemed suspicious enough. He better investigate. Still, he should try not to raise suspicions... he decided a disguise was best. Forcing his breath to sound ragged as he began to stumble like he was drunk, he went to the entrance and leaned against it.

"H-Hello? I-Is someone here?" He called out, sounding exhausted. "I-I'm lost... n-need help...," He mumbled. Hopefully, he didn't run into more bastards.

yUaDQKQ.png?1

"Long may the sun shine." Fia offered a short sentence of prayer as a favor to the eternally blazing sun before she started to eat her breakfast. Her stomach was growling louder than a lion already, and despite her pride, right now she was not in a position to refuse the offer of food anymore, with how drained and stressed out she was. She needed all the energy she could amass if she was to do her best before the king later.

Of course, as much as she wished to focus on that, she was unable to pay that event enough attention. As she tried to enjoy the buffet before her, her eyes always trailed towards Bea who was not really too far away from her. She noticed the difference in how some of the guards saw the Beedrill, and that made her worry about James' threat being serious. Despite all the obvious flaws in his plan, he was in a completely favorable position right now. Fia could not just say it to the king that her brother was trying to imprison him (temporarily, maybe), and it would also be out of her capability to say that the threat of the Shadowland Mightyena is real. For one, she hadn't even have the knowledge of whether those actually existed, and second, talking about that would make it seem she had more knowledge than she let on.

Nevertheless, if any of them made a move towards the king, then she would guard him with all her might. Perhaps, it would even be for the best if the king got attacked, so she could slowly tell him the truth. No, let's not talk about something like that. Wishing something like that to someone would be a bad thing. Fia was quite disappointed in how Bea ended up acting on her impulse again in a time like this. It's the worst time for her to do so, and had she just stopped for a bit before lashing out at her, Fia could explain her position further until she understood the entire issue with following the Luxray's plans. Granted, it was quite understandable for Bea to do so, and Fia didn't have any personal grudge against her due to it, but in the event she dared to attack the person that had kindly acted as their host, then Fia...

Could she even bring herself to do that?

Her thought was interrupted when the king asked her to come closer, and not wishing to disobey him, she went towards him, ready to accept whatever time slot he proposed for her trial.

"Young one, tonight we shall be able to perform the test to see if you can commune with the Flame of Rebirth. An old sage from the wood to the east is on his way to this place, and he will give you the test. I eagerly await to see what will come of it. While we wait, if you'd like to learn anything more, or want something for entertainment, feel free to ask. The same goes to you, Beatrice. And Denku too when he comes around."

"Tonight would be a good time. I shall prepare myself accordingly."

Fia was not really that worried about Denku. Nay, actually she was really worried about him, or would be, but there was just way too many things on her mind for her to even pay attention to Denku's disappearance. With her not being in any position to accompany her son going throughout this entire mess, Fia could only wish for him the best, hoping that he could finally have some peace of mind by going around alone. Away from her.

Perhaps she wasn't as good as a mother as she thought. Otherwise, her children wouldn't go through this kind of issues to deal with.

iU8EggM.png

The breakfast event was done not long afterwards, and as everyone went to their own places, Fia asked the guards that were stationed nearby her to accompany her when she's sightseeing around the cave complex. For a while, she looked around as if she was a tourist looking for something of interest, but when she noticed a crowd, she went inside of the crowd and slipped away from the guards' sight. No doubt they would try to look for her, but right now there was somewhere that she needed to go. Returning to the cave complex, she asked a kid she came across on where would the king's residence be, and he pointed it out to her, probably out of the general awe the people here saw her in. Thanking him with a smile, she rushed towards the place, while trying to hide herself whenever she noticed a Luxray, perhaps out of worry that they would be James' underling.

On a broad daylight like this, there was no way the king would be threatened by James' attempt of coup, but it would be imperative for her to dig more information regarding the situation she was in still. Standing before the cavern that would lead to the King's residence, Fia took a deep breath. If someone saw her here, she could just say she was lost and wandered around. She was aware that James had the power to smear her name with libel if she took a drastic action though, so she still need to stay under the radar.

"Ah, hello there." She noticed a Zebstrika approaching her direction, and said hello to him. "I'm a bit lost right now, but I think I'll take this time to sightsee a bit more...walking around aimlessly can ease your mind regarding issues you're facing, so I've heard.

But...that aside, there is some thing I wanted to ask you about. This kingdom, how is its condition now? Does it have enemies from neighboring lands? Does it maintain a good relation with others? I happen to be interested in such a topic, being a traveler myself, so I'd like to inquire about those if you do not mind."

Nothing too suspicious as a question. The question about the Shadowlands could be asked later directly to the King, since if the Zebstrika mentioned any of it, she could have an actual motive in asking about it. As she was waiting for the Zebstrika to answer, she put her staff behind her, and silently fired a String Shot to the ceiling. She was on a corner so it would not be really noticeable, and if the situation necessitated for it to happen, she would simply disappear into the ceiling until she's on the clear.

Good golly, thinking about it, James should've tried to prepare an actual assassination plot to depose the king instead of hiring the bunch of traveler in a desperate attempt. That would've been better for his image, although Fia would still flat out refuse to have any hands in that.

uxwDnhl.png?1

"Mmmh- Ah, damn it."

The icicle rubbing her insides as she moved around almost made her moan, but with how there's Lok around, Celia decided to keep it low for now. It's too bad already that his innocence's been tarnished by Fiona's dastardly actions earlier, so she shouldn't try to make him lose even more of that. Didn't he take a small peek on her panties earlier though? He might've noticed the blood or the unusual bulge there, although hopefully he didn't. It'd be hard to explain to him and Gwen when this is all over.

"...if she's still up, finished her off for me, k?" 

"...Hey hey, don't act hastily like-"

But Lok didn't listen. This was his plan, and he seemingly was determined to carry it off to completion. His palms were covered in lights of different colors, and as if his body willed itself to move, he rushed towards the Xatu, and hit her with the force of his Hex.

"Leave us alone!"

"Damn it, no!"

The Xatu was clearly hurt by the attack, but all that it did was making her focus her clones into ganging up on the poor Rotom. Not far away from them, Gwen was unconscious, however her power allowed her to still levitate as she did so. One of the clones was also struck down by her misaimed Thunder earlier. Celia was already on the brink of changing the weather once more until something happened.

More like, until someone suddenly appeared.

"Well well well, lookie here. Now what is my favorite librarian on this whole continent doing fighting some poor defenseless kid like this?"

It was the Houndoom Celia noticed earlier, talking with Azelf. It seemed that he was really an ally after all, although it kind of meant that she had one more person she might need to dispose of later. He used a kind of dark energy to somehow smash one of the Xatu flat, and pushed that Xatu into the unconscious one that had been struck with Thunder earlier.

"For doom the bell tolls, huh? For once, finally a dark-type that ends up on our side.

Let's continue this dance then! Thunder!"

As she was talking, she started her dance movements again to summon a wind that moved Lok slightly away from the remaining Xatu before she fired off yet another Thunder from the sky. The weather would definitely not stay like this for too long, but Celia felt that she could get in another Thunder hit before it started to get shuffled again. Although, with the Houndoom fighting on her side, perhaps even heavy sunlight would not be a bad weather here.

"You're actually pretty cute. Maybe I should play around with you or entertain you once this battle's over, perhaps?"

Well, she had to mention that the Houndoom looked as hot as his type. That still felt weird. Perhaps the icicle didn't really help her think that straight right now.

The Slums Team Karaoke

Regret is all Lok could feel as the Xatu clones swarmed around him. He had no where to run - all the young rotom could do is brace himself for impact. While he was expecting to be attacked from all directions, only two of them seemed to have hit him from the back, causing him to fall on his knees. In front of him was...someone. Lok was having a hard time recognizing who this person was - in fact, he was having troubles identifying his surroundings. The pain that he managed to suppress from the Knock Off resurfaced again, this time hurting much more than previously. He could feel the small trickles of blood dripping from his back - luckily, he had a natural resistance to wind based attack, otherwise a move of that strength would of probably cut him in half. He collapsed, fainting from both exhaustion and the excruciating pain from all of his wounds. His body simply drifted with the wind that Alleria had summoned, landing away from the battlefield.

"Hold up," Scarlet turned back to Cabrakan "Personally I don't see the necessity for a leader between the three of us, but if you insist there be one, I suppose I can take the reigns. But we'll need to leave earlier rather than later, whilst she is not with us at present. If that's not possible, then I fear my sanity will be worn thin. I'm aware we'll need 3 days worth of supplies before we go, however. There should be stores still open at this time of night if I recall correctly, so I'll have a look around." Scarlet sighed. She was worried something like this would happen - Cabrakan and Taiga had basically been at each other's throats since they met at the S.S. Showdown. Before Scarlet could say anything, Isole interjected. "I'm going somewhere else. Come get me when you've figured this out." The girl was clearly annoyed - whether it was due to the lack of a real leader or because of what Cabrakan said Scarlet wasn't sure. "If you want to leave the group, that's fine - I completely understand. Taiga can be very aggressive with the way she is." She started "However, I have no intentions of leaving Taiga. No offense to you - it's been a pleasure riding the boat with you - but me and Taiga had originally started the journey together. Plus, she's my friend." She said those last words with a smile, before turning around, looking at the night sky. "...I'll be at the inn. Make sure you find Isole before making any decisions, please." She headed back towards the inn to where Taiga was at.

. . .

As she walked towards the inn, she felt like someone was watching her. Turning around, there was nothing but other gijinkas whom seemed to be...worried, about something. Something felt off about the whole situation. This persistent feeling of being watched continued even as she entered the inn where Taiga was. "Sorry I'm late - got caught up talking with Cabrakan and Isole." She shrugged "Have you asked about getting a room yet?"

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Coldharbour

"I'm going somewhere else. Come get me when you've figured this out," with that, Isole left the trio to their individual devices. Cabrakan could only sigh; he had a feeling that their inability to come to a consensus would bite them in the ass sooner or later. He was about to start his shop when Scarlet addressed him.

"If you want to leave the group, that's fine - I completely understand," where did she get that idea(?); Cabrakan never said anything about outright leaving, "Taiga can be very aggressive with the way she is. However, I have no intentions of leaving Taiga. No offense to you - it's been a pleasure riding the boat with you - but me and Taiga had originally started the journey together. Plus, she's my friend. ...I'll be at the inn. Make sure you find Isole before making any decisions, please."

"Yeah... sure," he told her, "I best be going. Supplies aren't going to buy themselves."

Sure enough, Cabrakan too had parted ways, and made for the first shop that he found. However, as he was browsing through some things, he felt as though something was off, with someone being nearby who wasn't supposed to be. His first thought was to check on Isole immediately and ignore what he was doing, but that was exactly what the Rotom would expect him to do, if she were to believe that blatant lie from Taiga. The fact that she showed signs of it to begin with had infuriated Cabrakan to no end as well. In any case, he left the store, this seeming enough to dim down the uncomfortable air around him for the time being. Unfortunately, this air was quick to pipe back up again a short while later, although this time he was out in the open, away from any other prying eyes... or so Cabrakan hoped.

"And you say I'm the stalker!" a frustrated Cabrakan said as he turned around and raised an arm, half-expecting the culprit to have been Taiga all along. In truth, a part of him was hoping this was Taiga... if only so he'd have an excuse to wail on the foolish Sharpedo in front of the whole town.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Pride Rock

Beatrice was not hungry this morning. There was so much on her mind considering what happened the previous night, and she had to figure out a plan to make James the king of this land... and one that wouldn't bite Beatrice in the ass later. For now, she only knew two things. One, if the two were ever going to make a move, it would have to be during that Flames of Rebirth ritual, or else Fjanna would be more than capable of making good on her threat to attack the both of them, probably killing Beatrice herself in the process. And two, it wouldn't be wise for Beatrice to try and duel Richard herself; not only did she have a type disadvantage, but even in the unlikely event that she could win despite that, there was still a very real possibility of James imprisoning her for treason after she was done. And she did not want to be stabbed in the back like that after all that hard work. There was only one thing Beatrice could do; find Denku before Fjanna could warp his mind into denying James the throne, and ask him what he would do in her position considering he was supposed to be the most rational of the three. But that would be her second order of business. The first was to actually find him.

"I... I can't eat right now," Beatrice pushed her plate to one side as she said this, concern evident in her voice, "I need to find Denku right away. So... if you'll excuse me,"

She got up and started to walk, before suddenly breaking into a run for no apparent reason. She looked all over Pride Rock for any sign of Denku, but he was nowhere to be seen. However, she did find another Luxray Gijinka, and if she remembered correctly, this one was supposed to be the guard that had been following Denku around and ensuring he didn't get into any trouble. Right now though, this so-called "guard" wasn't doing very well in the fine art of "guarding".

"You there!" Beatrice called out, before approaching the other Luxray, "I believe you were the one that was meant to keep an eye on Denku, right? Where did he go?"

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"Heeey what's wroooong?"

Dora leaning in with her question and Sam asking about where their "mother" was snapped Fawkes out of her train of thought. She'd been thinking about what could happen to Brooke, then it became how awesome she was by taking out those two on her own, and it was just getting around to what Fawkes could do if she had that kind of confidence when she'd been interrupted. Fawkes didn't have the heart to tell Dora how she felt about this whole ordeal; that she was afraid Brooke might not make it back okay. Dora probably wouldn't believe her anyway. It seemed easy enough to lie to her though.

Sam, on the other hand...he was a sharp one.

"Brooke's not my mom, and she's, uh...dealing with some bad people," Fawkes said, turning to face to chef himself. "She'll be fine, though! I don't know why I'm getting worried over it! Those guys don't stand a chance against Brooke, right Dora?"

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Coldharbour

As Taiga made her way towards the inn, she couldn't help keep looking over her shoulder.  Something was bothering her about this place...was she getting nasty stares at her because she wasn't an ice type?  Or maybe she was being targeted for the same reason.  She hadn't noticed before on account of her being so mad about the whole showdown situation, but she was shivering.  She clasped herself as she rushed towards the inn.  If she was outside for more than another second, she might as well have turned into an ice type.  Upon entering the inn, she noticed it was slightly warmer...but not by much.  Her shivering had ceased.

"So many inn's in a cold little town....you guys plan on having tourists often?"  She said as she approached the front desk.  "Those guards out front don't make it seem like that now do they?"  She was notarized that a room would cost 50 poke.  The pricing was fair...luckily it wasn't too expensive.  They'd need the money for more supplies after they set off.  

Again Taiga looked over her shoulder...someone was watching.  However, she couldn't catch them in the act this time.  She turned to put her 50 poke on the desk, and received a key.  With eyes feeling like they were burning a hole in the back of her head, she whipped around.  

"LISTEN PUN-"  She shut her trap immediately when she realized it was Scarlet.   

"Sorry I'm late - got caught up talking with Cabrakan and Isole.  Have you asked about getting a room yet?"

"Heh...I guess those two aren't happy about what I said.  Well it was the damn truth!"  Taiga wagged the key in front of Scarlet's face, dangerously close.  She raised her eyebrows as she talked.  "And yeah, I already got the key!  So let's head in already...I'm getting a creepy vibe being out here."  They weren't safe from watchful eyes, even in the safe enclosure of an inn.  She headed towards the room with the number that was designated on the key, motioning for Scarlet to follow.  

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke stood triumphantly over the two would-be-kidnappers, bruised and beaten, but satisfied that she given the two of them a lesson in respect they wouldn’t soon forget. “If I ever see you anywhere near Dora, or Fawkes, or me again, those burns are going to be the leasts of your concerns. Got it memoriz--agh!” She stumbled and dropped to one knee, barely managing to hold herself up by planting a fist firmly on the ground to hold her weight. With all the adrenaline leaving her system, it was all catching up to her, and fast. Her vision faded in and out, and she felt far too cold and mind numbingly hot at the same time, patches of her skin blistered by scuffs and burns from the recoil her attacks came with.

But she was used to that. The poison invading her system was foreign, and it made it hard for her to concentrate on anything for more than a moment before another cold chill left her shivering and suffering from phantom aches she dreaded worse than anything else. “Gotta… Gotta get back… Make sure…” Brooke struggled back to her feet, driven by a mixture of willpower and bullheadedness, but even that was not enough to stop her from shaking. She hugged herself with one arm, reaching out for the wall with the other to prop herself up, and began to limp in the direction of the Sushi Shop that they had started all of this at.

d2akEes.png

The bell attached to the door rang loudly when Brooke pushed the door with her shoulder, both arms tugged under her armpits to generate as much heat as possible. She was obviously feverish, with a pink tint coloring the bridge of her nose, and her entire body had broken out in a cold sweat. Her eyes scanned the room, and she zeroed in on the people she was looking for.

Dora and Fawkes, sitting at a table with the owner of the shop close by. She struggled to put one foot in front of the other as she moved towards them, scrutinizing Dora. “H-hey. Sorry that took so long. Are you two okay?” Her voice was jittery, but determined, and she all but slumped over into the nearest seat at the table. “I made sure the two of them won’t be bothering anyone anymore… If you’re hurt, we can go see about a doctor, or…” Her voice softened a little bit more each time she spoke, until she eventually trailed off, unable to force out any more words. She looked at both of them as apologetically as she could.

This had been a horrible first day for Fawkes return to her home, and not for the first time, Brooke wondered why it was that anyone would choose to stay in the damned city of Deku. Why did she…?

Team Karaoke, vs Xatu Godslayer

Xatu was completely confident in their ability to bring this young Rotom down. However as they unleashed their triple assault, intent on killing the boy, not only the Mismagius but someone new came to stop them. A Houndoom, vaguely familiar, stopped one of their attacks and used some trickery to throw one of the clones towards them. Before the body collided with them they dismissed the clone and was unharmed.

"Well well well, lookie here. Now what is my favorite librarian on this whole continent doing fighting some poor defenseless kid like this?"

[glow-Yellow]"No one is defenseless in this world. Your travels should have shown you that. All are just a different form of threat. But some are weak. Like you all. Weak. Now shut up and die.[/glow]

Her other clone was struck by a bolt of thunder, wounding them. However they had been able to finish off the fool that had dared attack them first.

The Houndoom had attacked them. Or rather, attempted to attack. They couldn't be allowed to get away with that.

The clone was hurt, stunned from the blast, and unable to do much. And so instead they placed themselves between the original and Alleria. They spread their arms as a reflective barrier formed around them and and the rest of the Xatu.

The other clone Alleria had attacked before moved almost automatically towards Nine, sending an Air Slash at him.

Before it reached him the original's eyes glowed purple and Nine would feel an intense pain as the Night Shade struck him.

Meanwhile Gwen struggled to her knees, floating barely an inch above the ground. She had...to stop this....

Team Mac, Hole In The Forest

"I'm a horrible lackey for saving another lackey who may have died if you stayed and fought? If you care more about your ego than her life, that makes you a horrible leader,"

"So not true I could've won a-hey don't walk away like that, er, dig away!" Mac let out a frustrated groan and followed Kazo into the hole clumsily. She didn't know what his problem was. It wasn't her fault Kah had been beaten by that freak show...Before she exited the small room they were in she turned to Ari. "Well, you coming or what?"

Once Kazo reached the surface he would find that Edgelord was indeed gone. He might be able to hear the sounds of blade on tree in the distance, as well as cursing. Beyond that the area was even more silent than before, without any sign of life besides themselves and the Diglett they had left behind.

After a while Mac would pop out of the ground, covered in dirt. "Ugh he's gone. I bet he'll be back..." She looked around. "I don't think staying here would be a good idea anyway." She said with an almost sad tone. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Kah stirring, possibly about to recover consciousness. "I guess...technically we won since that guy ran away."

"H-Hello? I-Is someone here? I-I'm lost... n-need help...,"

As Denku called out he would hear the voices suddenly quiet down. Looking into the cave would show there was a low roof, just large enough to stand in, and that it stretched a fairly large distance. There was several small fires across the expanse. However it wasn't the cave itself that was most noticable.

It was the two dozen Mightyena that were hunkered down in the cave. A large number of Mightyena, only a half days travel, if that, away from the king's very doorstep. And they had taken notice of the Pupitar that stumbled into their hideout. "Well now, what do we have here?" The largest said with a wicked grin.

"I'm a bit lost right now, but I think I'll take this time to sightsee a bit more...walking around aimlessly can ease your mind regarding issues you're facing, so I've heard.

But...that aside, there is some thing I wanted to ask you about. This kingdom, how is its condition now? Does it have enemies from neighboring lands? Does it maintain a good relation with others? I happen to be interested in such a topic, being a traveler myself, so I'd like to inquire about those if you do not mind."

Jabari gazed down at Fia, looking almost shocked for all but a moment before his face was free from emotion. He looked around, as if hoping someone else could answer for him. When he realized he was on his own he started speaking. His voice was quiet, soft, but firm. "Our only enemies are ourselves." He said. "We are all we have. No one will help us. We are alone. This is what makes us strong...so they say." His voice had gotten darker, and a sadness crept into his expression for a time. "If you want to know of the Shadow Lands, which all outsiders seem to, then I can't tell you more than you probably know. I've spent too much time here, I must be gone." He nodded stiffly at the girl and left her there shortly after.

"I believe you were the one that was meant to keep an eye on Denku, right? Where did he go?"

The Luxray gave the girl a strange look, seemingly confused by her statement. "Je, unafikiri sisi wote kuangalia huo ?" He sounded more annoyed than angry, but when he thrust the note he had in his hand towards Bea it was with slightly more aggression than needed.

The note was a simple one. "Be there when your friend begins her test. While she's in the middle of it, you know what to do." It wasn't signed, but it seemed obvious who sent it. There was nothing else on the note, and the Luxray went to leave as soon as making sure she read it.

It would be the afternoon before anyone saw the king again, and he'd inform any who asked that the shaman who would give Fia her test would be arriving at any moment. He seemed to be actually excited, more than anything, at what was to come.

Taiga and Scarlet would have some time to themselves in the room they got at the inn. Which turned out to be barely less cold than the rest of the place, with windows covered in frost and a small pile of not cleaned up snow by the window. If they looked at the window they'd find that it seemed to have been recently opened. The room had a single bed, though it was fairly large, and a large dresser that had a lock on it.

The feeling of being watched didn't go away as they entered the room. In fact it seemed only to grow. It was as though there were eyes boring into them at all times, despite the seeming lack of anyone else in the room.

When Cabrakan whipped around it was to see a small Snowrunt boy grinning up at him with gap teeth. "Hey, you came from that ship didn't cha? What's it like, can it really fly as fast as they say, did you meet the Captain? What's he like? Who are you? Why do you have a balloon can I see it? Where are you going?" The boy suddenly let forth a torrent of question after question after question. Though the one they seemed most insistent on was finding out where Cabrakan was going, and if he was by himself. If asked he would say how cool adventuring was. It almost seemed he wanted to go with.

Meanwhile Isole had entered her own, small, room at a fairly run down looking inn on the other side of the city. She sighed as she sat on the bed. "I suppose I'll have to find out more in the morning..."

She paused. That feeling of being watched had intensified. She turned and found herself face to face with a Froslass she had never seen, though her team members would have recognized.
Isole jumped to her feet as the Froslass smiled. There was something very, very, familiar in the Gijinka's hand. "You're..."

The Froslass spoke. "It seems this one was followed. But it's no use. This one knows where to go, what to do, and will do it regardless of what you do. This one is going to prove this one is a god by using a god to destroy this city. Why would this one tell you this? Because you can't do anything about it. This one wanted to see the shock and despair in your face. Now take a nap, little Rotom." The Frolass shot out a blobby ball of shadow at Isole, striking her in the chest and throwing her against the wall, knocking her out in a moment.

Team Neo Not Dark, Deku

"Well ma-" Dora began, until Fawkes spoke her piece. "Y-yeah, Brooke's not mamma, not at all. And of course she's the best she can take them out one two one two! Wait they were fighting?" Dora seemed somehow shocked with this information.

"Mmm I see I see! Well if that's the case then no worry, no worry at all. Now eat, eat! Finish up your food, is good, won't kill you, hahaha!" Sam slapped his thigh as though he had told the best joke in the world.

Soon after Brooke came in, looking quite beaten up. She asked Dora something, but the girl was staring at Brooke with her mouth wide, seemingly astonished at how hurt the girl seemed.

Sam sprung into action. "Not good, not good at all! Why you let self be hurt, hmm? Got little girls to look after, yes? Come come, I can help. Free of charge even! Generous, yes?" Sam, with the help of the girl that Fawkes had imitated earlier, gathered up some medicine to treat Brooke's wounds. "Back in homeland this medicine was rare. But here it is everywhere, is that not the grand? There you go, there you go! All of the better, yes? You should be getting home now, young ones seem tired. Please be careful again! Come back for good food, yes?"

He waved them out with a smile, which Dora returned, alongside giving the man a surprised nudge-hug, and skipped all the way back.

M54v8vA.png?1

After having tossed the Xatu towards the other one, they seemed none too happy with his appearance. Or his attempt at idle conversation. Then again, this librarian never really was much of a talker, and much to his chagrin, neither was she responsive to his compliments. Ah well, that mattered little at the moment. Nine was most certainly annoyed with this Xatu. She was the Godslayer, the only real chaser of this time period. Which meant she knew where to find the legends. Or at the very least, had found one and defeated it. Which meant that after all of his traveling, studying, persistent questioning, she had deliberately neglected to tell him. No matter how much of a looker she might have been and no matter how large the difference in power between them might have been, this was a transgression that he couldn't overlook. His attack was overall ineffective, or at least appeared that way, but between its next actions it made it very obvious which one was the target that should actually be getting harmed.

However, before he began his own attack, however, his attention was drawn to the last of the party he was supposedly defending. While the altaria was quite the looker, she said something that made Nine immediately understand something."Ah, to dance with a dragon such as yourself is the dream of all bachelors, and I would be delighted to take you up on that offer," he responded to her rather open flirting with him. Nine was a flirt by nature, and that was more or less just an instinctual response to the girl's own attempt at doing so to him. However, she initiated it. In the middle of a life and death battle, one against one of the most powerful beings that they had probably ever encountered, their immediate response was to openly flirt with the houndoom. Nine was starting to see why Azelf wanted this girl knocked out because boy did she to be some brand of crazy. But an ally was an ally, no matter how disturbed in the head they were. 

Nevertheless, he had a fight to do here and now and wasn't going to let those idle thoughts distract him. The real Xatu that he needed to target had become readily apparent, as one of them had quite deliberately put itself between the altaria and the Xatu, even setting up defenses in the process. Then there was the one that he hadn't bothered to take note of before. Seeing it get ready to attack at them, Nine was getting ready to dodge, when suddenly an intense pain had shot through his head. Wincing in pain, his dodge roll forward had become more of a stumble turned into a tumble. While he managed to avoid the brunt of the next attack, he felt a large stinging feel go across his back, causing him to wince once again. However, he wasn't going to give up this fight just because it hurt a little. Practically his whole life was leading up to this fight, and to abandon it now would simply invalidate all he had done to get here. And so he pressed forward. 

Standing back up, he somewhat stumbled as he then broke out into a run towards whom he believed to be the real Xatu. As he ran, he didn't seem to have any kind of hesitation or fear in his expression. Simply a smirk with raw determination behind it. "Just because we're weak," Nine had started. He jumped forward at the Xatu, with one of his legs running practically parallel to his body at the apex of his height. However, Nine sacrificed distance for height in this approach, and it was quite clear to everyone around that his leg wouldn't make it. At that moment his palms, facing opposite of the houndoom, shot out of jets of flame propelling him forward and closing the gap between him and the Xatu. "Doesn't mean we can't fight!"With that, a dark aura surrounded Nine's body once again as he brought his leg down, foot on course to collide with the Xatu's head in order to strike with an axe kick. If his own strength alone wasn't enough to defeat this Xatu, then perhaps its strength was. 

uxwDnhl.png?1

"Ah, to dance with a dragon such as yourself is the dream of all bachelors, and I would be delighted to take you up on that offer,"

"Then show me your best moves, alright? Let's knock this greenhead out with our combo-"

"No one is defenseless in this world. Your travels should have shown you that. All are just a different form of threat. But some are weak. Like you all. Weak. Now shut up and die.

"Some people are also boring. Like you. Now shut up and die, your beautiful body is wasted on a boring person like you."

Quite annoyed that the Xatu ruined her fun time flirting with the Houndoom, Celia tried to get herself ready with another round of Thunder...but that was when her attention was distracted by the fact that the Xatu went between her and another clone, and erected a barrier, trapping her between it, away from the Houndoom and the other Xatus. And with that minute moment of distraction, she was unable to capitalize on the last several seconds of the storm, and the weather abruptly ended. The storm dissipated revealing the sunlight it was covering, but more importantly, Celia watched as the Houndoom was struck by a Night Shade and another Air Slash.

"Tch...damn you..."

Lok was still unconscious, and so did Gwen, although Celia noticed a little bit of movement from her. The barrier around her was seemingly tangible enough to render her physical effort nulled to some degrees, and with the weather entering its cooldown, she wouldn't be able to use Tailwind to forcefully move herself out of the barrier, and nor Hurricane to scatter away the Xatus and nullify their Air Slashes. She couldn't just dash towards the bunch of Xatus either, as the reflective barrier impeded her enough to make it a non-option.

"Just because we're weak,"

Even so, the sun was still shining really brightly.

"Doesn't mean we can't fight!"

Realizing that the Houndoom was still up to fight, Celia decided to focus her mind to intensify the sunlight on the battlefield as much as she could. By each seconds, she could feel the heat was rising, and even the icicle inside of her started to melt (much to her annoyance). This ought to help the Houndoom to even the playing field further, but she herself had her own idea on what to do. She rose up to the sky, higher and higher, and started to charge herself with the energy from the intense sunlight. With how much the sunlight had been intensified inside of the barrier Azelf made, the process that should've took quite a while ended up being done relatively quickly. And then, Celia started to aim.

"O sun, listen to my prayer. Gather the light of the world into my palm and weave it into a beautiful scarlet rhapsody!

Solarbeam!"

And that was it. A powerful, intense beam of compressed sunlight was fired straight towards the group of Xatu that was now on the other end of the Houndoom's counterattack, going through the Reflect barrier that was set up as if it wasn't there. Celia was aware that it's not supposed to be satisfyingly effective to any of them, but that wasn't really her intent. The beam should have enough force to knock everything on its path away, and even if it didn't do any meaningful damage, it would lead the Xatus into momentary disarray so the Houndoom could deal with them while the scorching sun was still up. Once the duration ended...that would be when she took the helm once more.

And besides, the beam being not very effective saved the Houndoom from further injuries had he ended up getting caught inside the beam's radius. With the attack done, Celia focused her mind to retain her altitude. The Xatu that was setting up the barrier would probably attack her soon, and she needed to know about whether she was being protected by the Reflect first before Celia could properly respond to her threat. Granted, with the weather being just intense sunlight, it would be hard for her to retaliate with anything other than Outrage. That'd make her head hurt too much to be something to rely.

yUaDQKQ.png?1

"Our only enemies are ourselves."

As the sun continued to move around the horizon and hours had passed, what Jabari said to Fia continued to occupy her head, enough for her to not pursue the king further for the time being. First of all, he's aware of the Shadow Lands and how she was expecting him to answer with it, despite her not mentioning it directly. Something about this "Shadow Lands" sounded quite fishy already, especially with how he dodged the chance to explain about it to her. And then, the very first line. Could he be aware of the coup planned by James? That would strangely not be surprising, but something about all of this...really felt like something that painted Pride Lands as a place quite different than how she first thought about it.

Something was clearly not right. And whatever that was not right, the King would actually have the answer to all of it.

She had to figure out on how to get this answer before everything went to hell for her, the king, and everyone else. Her children had suffered enough, and if pursuing this truth could save them, then she'd do her best in doing so, as long as fate allowed her to. Right now, she was properly dressed, and had readied herself to start the ritual to see whether she could commune with the Flames of Rebirth. Walking on her lonesome (although she was aware of the guards tailing her), she seek the king's location.

"Fjanna Vaia Livrais, now at your service, King Richard." She bowed. "I am ready to perform this test you have devised. However, am I allowed to make one simple request?"

It was mainly to ease her mind, but she was aware that during the rite, she would be unable to watch over the king properly. Whether he would need her help was something else entirely, but then again, if he's unaware of what kind of threat he was facing, then even his strength wouldn't be able to save him.

"I am aware that this might sound quite selfish of me to ask a nobility like you, but...could you accompany me closely during the rite? Keep talking to me...I just want to continuously feel your presence, hear your warm voice.

I've seen incidents where channelers lost their grip on reality, and...just this once, I need someone to tie me down to this earth. I wished it so...I wanted so I can return to my children once this is all over.

That would be it. I'm sorry if it 's something you find outrageous or impudent. I'm just...not really feeling like myself the last few days."

Herself unaware to the fact as she mentioned her reasoning (that wasn't really a made-up one), a crack further opened on Fia's otherwise facade on being the perfect prophet. She failed to show herself as someone carrying the heavenly will for once, and showed her humane side to the king.

Had she was aware, perhaps she would regard it as one of her biggest mistakes.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"Y-yeah, Brooke's not mamma, not at all. And of course she's the best she can take them out one two one two! Wait they were fighting?"

"Mmm I see I see! Well if that's the case then no worry, no worry at all. Now eat, eat! Finish up your food, is good, won't kill you, hahaha!"

Sam seemed to get a kick out of that joke of his. In most other cities Fawkes would probably laugh along, but joking that your cooking wouldn't kill anybody in Deku of all places...it unnerved Fawkes a bit, even though she knew Sam didn't mean any harm. And then Brooke entered, looking far from her best. “H-hey. Sorry that took so long. Are you two okay? I made sure the two of them won’t be bothering anyone anymore… If you’re hurt, we can go see about a doctor, or…” Fawkes was too busy staring to formulate a proper answer. Fawkes wasn't injured, and Dora seemed fine as well. It was Brooke who looked like she needed to see a doctor.

"Not good, not good at all! Why you let self be hurt, hmm? Got little girls to look after, yes? Come come, I can help. Free of charge even! Generous, yes?" Sam, with the help of the girl that Fawkes had imitated earlier, gathered up some medicine to treat Brooke's wounds. "Back in homeland this medicine was rare. But here it is everywhere, is that not the grand? There you go, there you go! All of the better, yes? You should be getting home now, young ones seem tired. Please be careful again! Come back for good food, yes?"

Now that Sam had mentioned it, between being dropped off at a stranger's house by Wes first thing, meeting Brooke and Dora, eating here and meeting Sam,  Dora getting kidnapped and Fawkes helping save her, then Brooke coming back looking in bad shape, the Zorua was beat. It was just hard to tell earlier behind her adrenaline and her heart threatening to rip itself out of her chest if it beat any faster or harder. Fawkes tagged along behind Brooke & Dora, heading home. In Deku.

This was an awful first day, but she didn't expect a "best day ever" kind of deal to begin with.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)

From atop the spires of her native Skuldafn, Kah could see all the way out to the ocean. Even there, many gijinkas of lesser types swam about in the endless waters, and others soared in the skies above them. However, in the grand spectacle of a view, there were no dragons to be seen beyond the wall around the city; a mighty barrier that separated the dragons from the lesser beings.

"Beautiful, isn't it? We can see so much from up here, like it's our own little kingdom." Sitting next to the growing young Zweilous was a small Hydreigon, who could have easily been mistaken for being Kah's child were it not for the current difference in species. "Did you know there's a city out there where all they do is fight? That's where I met your father, actually."

"And that city is part of our little kingdom too," Kah added. "Everything is, mom."

"...Kah, sweetie. I used to think just like you, believe it or not. Dragons are way stronger than the other types, so why aren't we in control of everything, right?"

"Exactly! And father says it's supposed the other way around! What an idiot!"

"Now now, let's not call people names. The thing is, you'll grow up and explore the world, and realize it's a beautiful place. Everything works together and combines into one big whole, like all the different colors and strokes coming together to make a painting." The Hydreigon was silent for a moment, before an idea seemed to appear in her head suddenly. She asked, "This view is nice, isn't it?"

"What about it?"

"Imagine if instead of the city, the ocean, the sky, all of that, if instead we only had one big blob of one color. That's not a very nice view at all. It's the same with people. If dragons ruled over everything, civilization would just be one big blob of a single color."

"Not you too!" There was little Kah could do about it with fighting though. She was just a small fry even compared to her father, and supposedly her mother was far stronger than even he was. Fed up with being told she was wrong when everybody except her parents clearly agreed with her, Kah stood up and boldly declared "You'll both see! I'm gonna become a Chaser and find Reshiram! When I do, they'll show everybody the truth, that we're better! That we deserve to be in charge, instead of wasting away hidden from everybody else like this!"

"Go for it," Kah's mother smiled. It wasn't devious or a false smile at all. Her facial expression and her tone, both were very encouraging of Kah's goal. Wrapping one arm around her child and gesturing out to the grand world around them with the other, she said "Go explore the world, and become strong. You'll figure it all out after a while. When you do, come back home and I'll make your favorite roseli pie. We can sit down, eat pie, and you can tell me all about the things you learn and the friends you make."

"I'll do it," Kah grinned.

d2akEes.png

Kah was slipping back into consciousness. She could hear voices...no, just one. Kah could have sworn she heard her mother, but...that was just a dream, wasn't it? Right. That was why she was halfway across Adarid in the first place. She was out here to find the truth and prove she was right the whole time. The other voice, however, was definitely somebody in the waking world. Mac?

"...since that guy ran away."

Mac. "That guy" must have been Edgelord. Slowly opening her eyes to glance around, Kah confirmed that Edgelord was indeed gone. Good. The last thing she wanted to deal with right now was more of that miserable creautre. Kah tried to stand up, but found that her legs were not on the ground. Nor were her arms. That was odd. Kah checked to see where she was that this was happening...and found that she was on Kazo's back.

"Put me down," Kah wearily growled. Powerful though she may have been compared to Kazo, her physical state and the worn-out sound of her voice were clear giveaways that she probably couldn't even beat Mac or Ari in a fight right now, let alone Kazo. She didn't have the strength in her to struggle off of Kazo's back, and if Kazo did comply with her command, he'd see her sort of just flop down onto the ground helplessly.

Right now she was just amazed that she wasn't dead. Or at least, as amazed as she could be, barely being awake at all.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Coldharbour

Cabrakan was more than prepared to hold the perpetrator down with his telekinesis so he or she couldn't escape... only to realize that he was facing a child, specifically a young Snorunt Gijinka that asked a full torrent of questions in quick succession. Typically, the child had asked these questions too quickly for Cabrakan to be able to answer them all in a realistic manner. Lowering his arm again so it was no longer threatening, the Ghost-type gazed solemnly into the boy's eyes, almost being reminded of his daughter at the age she was at when he left her. But then immediately he shook his head for one reason or another. 

"It seems I had you confused for someone else for a moment," he said, "You should go back to your home, child. It's not safe at this time of night."

...now that he said it, Cabrakan certainly felt far from safe right now. His mind suddenly drifted to his concerns with Isole, and he wanted to return to her location right away. But first he had to make sure the Snorunt wasn't following him any more. And if he was, he needed someone to keep an eye on him.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Pride Rock

"Je, unafikiri sisi wote kuangalia huo?" in truth, the Luxray had asked Beatrice if they all looked the same to her, though judging by the confused expression she gave, there was no way in Yveltal's name she'd know something like that. In any case, the Luxray shoved a hand-written note into Beatrice's chest. Not the most delicate method, and the Beedrill never liked to be touched to begin with, but she was used to it. She instinctively gave the Luxray a look of pure venom nonetheless, before opening the note that she now had in hand and glossing over it as she walked away.

'Be there when your friend begins her test. While she's in the middle of it, you know what to do.'

"Tch, no I don't," Beatrice scoffed as she stuffed the note into her bra, that being the safest place she could think of. If there was an open bonfire, she'd toss it there to get burned. But the truth remained that Beatrice didn't know what to exactly do with this king at all. She knew what James wanted her to do, but didn't want to fall into any traps, literal or otherwise. Sighing, Beatrice supposed she should probably pay the current king a visit.

It was here that she found that Fjanna beat her to the punch, pretending to voice concerns about the trial ahead and ask if the king could accompany her during her rite of passage. Beatrice kept her mouth shut for now, casually leaning on the entrance-way to the king's quarters as she continued to eavesdrop on the conversation at hand. She wanted the king to say no to Fjanna's request, as she knew damn well that she only said that to try and convince the king to put himself out of reach. However, now that she thought of it, perhaps Beatrice could use Fjanna's insistence to keep the king close to her advantage.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Coldharbour

As Taiga and Scarlet entered their little room for the night, she clasped herself again and shivered.  The window was open, and the Coldharbour air was being let in.  Housekeeping must have visited the room recently in order to get it ready...so Taiga wasn't too worried.  

Upon seeing the one bed, she blushed slightly, but made sure Scarlet wouldn't be able to see.  Of course it was big enough for the two of them...but they'd be so close...she'd feel Scarlet's smooth, steel-like skin rubbing up against her sharp scales.  The thought made her shiver again...or was it just the breeze?  She walked over to the window and slammed it as hard as she could.  She breathed on the glass to fog it up some, and wrote '0/10' in the condensation moisture.

"I'm surprised this place even has windows....who would wanna let in any air into this room!"  Taiga walked to the dresser, and used the room key on the lock.  It opened and she stuffed the pie from before inside.  "We'll get that creepy little chandelier to heat this up before it's delivered...no one wants a frozen pie!  Fufufufu!"  She finally marched over to the bed, a bit stiffly as well.  She sat on the other end, near the window, with her eyes facing the wall.  

"Say...Scarlet.."  She said, her eyes still planted on the wood, "You think we're being followed?  I've had the sneaking suspicion that some eyes have been watching us...but I can't place a fin on it."  She scratched her head and crossed her arms.  "Ever since we got in this place....do you think that the people here think we're the enemy or something?"  She sighed as she planted her back onto the bed, eyes closed.  She gave a sigh.  

"When I find those bastards that have been ogling us all day, I'll tear 'em to shreds real good!"  She said it loud enough so anyone watching could hear.  

As the two girls entered the room, Scarlet let out a visible sigh - it wasn't any warmer in the room. Maybe it was because the window was wide open, letting in the chilling winds from outside. She noticed the single large bed - more importantly, she noticed how wimpy the blanket looked. There was no way that alone would keep them warm; they were more than likely going to have to snuggle for warmth. Taiga had gone ahead and shut the window. "I'm surprised this place even has windows....who would wanna let in any air into this room!" Taiga said, heading towards the closet. "Maybe Ice-type just really like the cold?" She suggested, although she also thought it was pretty dumb. "We'll get that creepy little chandelier to heat this up before it's delivered...no one wants a frozen pie!  Fufufufu!"
"He could of helped warm up the place, too..." she remarked. Taiga was seated on the bed, facing the wall near the window. Scarlet sat down on the other side of the bed, noting its stiffness. No wonder it only cost 50 Poke. "Say...Scarlet..You think we're being followed?  I've had the sneaking suspicion that some eyes have been watching us...but I can't place a fin on it." Scarlet nodded "Ever since we landed here, I've also had this feeling of being watched." 
"Ever since we got in this place....do you think that the people here think we're the enemy or something?" Well, everyone had been on edge around her. Maybe that was it. They both sighed in unison as Taiga laid down on the bed. "When I find those bastards that have been ogling us all day, I'll tear 'em to shreds real good!" Scarlet smiled, before laying down next to her. "We can tear them to shreds tomorrow. Right now, well..." She tossed her arm around Taiga "...we should probably huddle for warmth. These blankets are a bit on the light side" Despite saying this in a nonchalant way, she couldn't help but blush a little. The shark girl was a lot warmer than she had thought.

"Put me down," Kazo heard Kah wearily growl. He turned his head slightly to see Kah was awake... and barely moving. He could probably dump her off here and run off, and she would never find him again... yeah right. With his luck, he could go to outer space and she would find him. He instead opted to keep walking.

"Maybe when you don't sound as pathetic as I actually am," Kazo commented as he continued to walk. "For now, let's just get to a town. Kah's gonna to need medical help, and I still owe her a Dragon Gem," Could he afford one with only 400 pokes? He was going to hope so. He did not want to be around when she was healed. Probably be like a giant ball of angry. "I hope there's a hot spring or something there...," he added. "Could go for a dip...,"

Denku looked on at the group. Well, Mightyena were a thing. It didn't explain what was going on here though. What should he do... after much thinking, he only had one idea. Pull a Kazo. "I'm sorry, d-did I interrupt something? Were you all... havin' an orgy...? S-sorry! I'll leave, didn't mean to interrupt!" Yup, he sounded exactly like Kazo. "I was just dumped in this place after some guy I was dueling called in someone from behind to knock me out... Again, s-sorry...," With that, he made a move to leave, only to notice that a Luxray had followed him. So someone saw him leave the blasted rock after all. Before he could react, the Luxray had grabbed him and pushed him behind him.

"Go to my king. Warn them. I will stay here and do my duty," The Luxray commented. Denku shook his head. No, he was not running away answer-less and letting another die so a dead man could live. With a swift and forceful chop, he hit the back of the Luxray's neck, knocking him out. Tossing the limp body to the side, he walked back into the cave, the Mightyena looking very confused.

"What are you here for?" One asked before narrowing his eyes. "What are you really here for?" Denku sighed. There was no point for lying now.

"I'm looking for answers. Someone wants me to do something horrible... but I did not have all the facts, so I went looking for them. And that lead me here," He stated simply, watching the group.

"Well you found us, what do you want to do about it?" the one he figured was their leader said while the others started to get on their feet and form a semi-circle. Denku didn't show any signs of fear as they did, opting to continue instead.

"Get those answers," He said simply as he sat down, hoping he didn't look hostile. He could still do an Earthquake if need be, so he wasn't defenseless. "I want to know exactly why the Pyroar 'banished' you, why one is willing to ask strangers to overthrow a king to 'stop' you... if that's even the plan," He paused. Perhaps he should clear this up. "I believe someone is just trying to pin the blame on both your tribe and myself so he can become king and wipe you out," They just began to laugh in response and about half of them would get closer.

"We want more land, there's only one way to do that here. That's what we're going to do." Denku raised an eyebrow. So it seems that they needed to defeat the Pyroars and others in order to get more land. Now where would they get the idea to fight this losing battle...? Only one idea came to him... Denku was beginning to piece this together... he thought.

"I see," He stood up slowly. "So, you want more land, so you allied yourself with the brother of the king. He promised you a lot, didn't he? Land, food, the whole shabang... it sounded perfect... a little too perfect, don't you think?"

"If you want to get anything in this world you're expected to take certain duties on board," Half of them at this point began to surround Denku. This wasn't looking good. The only chance he really had right now was to talk them down.

"He's going to betray you, you know," He says as looks at them all. "That was his plan, after all. To get other gijinka to wipe you out after he became king," He kept an eye on them all as he formulated a plan. "... It doesn't have to end this way,"

"Some stranger comes in here and tells us these threats, and you think it's gonna make us give up after how far we've come?" They seemed to be getting agitated by now. Denku really didn't have a choice. He just have to hope the Luxray woke up and went to warn everyone.

"No... I only didn't want you all to suffer. That was my own foolishness. I suppose I'll have to stop you here then," He took his stance, accepting his fate. "I'm sorry brother... I suppose we won't meet in this life again after all," Accepting his fate, he took his stance. The moment he took his stance, around a dozen Mightyena jumped in to bite him. In response. Denku gathered the clear energy into his hand and slammed it into the ground for an Earthquake, hoping to at least seal the entrance. 

The entrance isn't entirely blocked up, though the Mightena did get staggered, which was a small comfort as the other dozen leap over them to once more go in to Bite Denku. The Pupitar's eyes glowed as he held out his hand, levitating rocks and creating new ones to drop on top on the Mightyena using Rock Slide. The Mightyena were hurt, but some shrugged it off, and the others that had been staggered were now on the move again, closing in on their prey, and one managed to latch on with a Bite.

Denku grunted in pain, doing his best to ignore it. "Kinky foreplay to the orgy," He muttered as he goes to perform another Earthquake. Some were thrown back, but more and more got closer, biting into Denku and dragging him down. Despite his best efforts, Denku couldn't fight the overwhelming tide of Mightyena.  "Guess I'm gonna have to...," His eyes turned red as he gritted his teeth. A black aura surrounded him as he began to fight back, the aura taking the form of a dragon. Ignoring the pain, he rammed himself into the wall of the cave, managing to scatter them, and even break a few bones, but he was chased anyway by a large press of bodies who start beating on him anew.

He kicked off the wall to ram the new wave against another wall. Outrage would let him fight on, despite his pain or increasingly worsening condition. However, he was going to get exhausted soon. If he couldn't win or even live through this, he was going to try to put a dent in their numbers. He managed to make a few more fall, but... the exhausted caught up to him. His chest suddenly exploded with pain as he spat out blood, the bodies of the Mightyena being to overwhelm him. The world went black as his consciousness slipped away...

He woke up much later, the pain subsided, but feeling exhausted. He sat up to see the sun was setting, painting the skies beautiful colors as he realized... he was out for a long time. He stumbled outside, groaning. They left him alive... but why? He shook his head. That didn't matter! He barely did a thing! He couldn't stop them or even really slow them down! He was a failure... he didn't deserve to live... but he had to press on... hope beyond hope that he could make it back in time. He headed back to the giant rock...

They would never accept him now. He had broken trust and hurt his teammates... he was a fool.

Team Karaoke, vs Xatu Godslayer

The Xatu's eyes flashed as the flames, strengthened by the unnatural sunlight, crashed against them. The flames licked at their clothing, and they were forced to spend a moment to prevent the flames from causing more harm. Though it wasn't too distracted to miss the Houndoom's very obvious physical attack. There was a small smile on the Xatu's face as they watched the Houndoom. They caught Nine's foot and forced it to the side, as his foot sailed past Xatu, the assault almost too easily blocked. "We are not fools, child." They taunted.

As Nine attacked, the two clones turned to attack him, without hesitation. However the original Xatu noticed Alleria's beam racing towards them, and, without looking, the clone that had put up the Reflect moved into the path of the beam. The strike seemed to be enough, coupled with the rest of the damage, to force the clone to be dispersed.

The other clone lashed out at Nine with another Air Slash, and also tried to rush in to grapple after sending the attack.

The original Xatu, meanwhile, flew upwards into the sky, several feet above their heads, and began creating two new clones.

Gwen was on one knee, looking up at the Xatu. An idea was forming, and a realization. She just needed the strength to stand now.

The Snowrunt continued to follow Cabrakan for a while, obviously tailing him and not bothering to hide it anymore. Until suddenly, he stopped, wandered off, and never returned. People had started to watch Carbakan curiously, watching him walking around, but none seemed to come up besides merchants trying to sell him a wide assortment of things.

Meanwhile....

The teenage Frogadier had followed the dangerous folk to this run down place, hoping to find a time to catch them off guard and expose their evil intentions. However they were clever, and kept themselves out of trouble the entire time. But he couldn't stop. As soon as he heard where they would be heading he unlocked the window and slipped inside. Looking around in a panic as he heard someone coming towards them, he hid inside the dresser, using the skills he picked up from his father to get inside without disturbing the lock.

And there he waited, nervously, as the Sharpedo who was clearly a serial killer walked towards the dresser. He pressed himself against the side to avoid her gaze as she put a pie, probably poisoned, into the dresser.

Did she know he was there? Was the pie bait? He wouldn't fall for it!

He watched, growing uncomfortable, as the two female Gijinka got into bed. Narrowing his eyes he wondered if this was a tactic to distract him...

After they started to get a bit...close, he found he couldn't take it anymore. He burst out of the dresser.
"Stop fiends! I know not what treachery you wanted to employ on me but it has failed! I know where you came from, you're pirates, here to steal our stuff!"

He pointed at the two dramatically, a blush forming on his face as he looked upon them.

The king smiled fatherly down upon Fia as she made her request. "I understand." He rumbled. "It is certainly a daunting task. When I had my test I was quite nervous as well. Thoughts of my child were all that kept me from backing down. But if you pass this test, the feeling is...well, I'm sure you'll find out." He laid a hand on Fia's shoulder. "I will watch over you as you do this."

A Pyroar suddenly charged into the room, with a panicked look upon his face. He began talking in the native tongue, tripping over his words. As he listened the king looked shocked, then concerned, then outraged. "Bring James to me. Now!" He shouted. Richard turned to Fia. "The sage has come, but he had found an injured soldier on the road here. He spoke of a group of Mightyena from the Shadow Lands in a nearby cave. They must be on the way here."

James walked in, in a confused rush, then. "Did I hear you right? That cannot be, my defenses couldn't have been penetrated! My king, my brother, how did this happen?"

"I know not, brother, but I need something from you. Send out troops to stop these Gijinka from stepping one more foot into our land. Drive them off."

James bowed. "Of course, I will, I will hand-pick the soldiers to stop them. With your permission I want Jabari to lead this group. I believe it is time to see if he is worthy or not."

Richard seemed to consider this for a moment, then nodded. "Very well. Send whichever soldiers you deem necessary. Fia. Come with me. We must administer the test. The sage will not wait long. Do not fret, we will protect our land no matter the enemy." His voice brokered no arguments, and Fia was led out of the room. Spotting the Beedrill nearby, Richard called out. "Young one, if you wish to observe, you have that right. As long as you don't disturb the ritual."

With that he headed into the main chamber.

There was a fire burning in a pit in the middle of the room, and behind it were two figures. In the middle was a hunched over, extremely old, Ambipom Gijinka clutching some kind of staff with nuts dangling from it, which clacked as he gently swayed side to side. On the right was a rather imposing, if not all that tall, warrior who seemed to be some kind of guardian for the Ambipom. The king took place beside the Ambipom and spoke. "This is the shaman, Rafiq, and his apprentice. He has no name, nor will he respond to one, but he is trustworthy. If you have any final questions, say them now, and then we can begin the test."

"Hoo hoo, this is the girl, eh?" Rafiq suddenly spoke up. "My my she looks awfully...Unimpressive, hoo hoo! But we can't judge by covers, can we? She has fire but how hot does it burn, hmm? I wonder."

Archived