Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Whisper was mostly silent for the day that it took them to reach the grove. Her thoughts were well ahead of them, on the battle with the Godslayer. Of course her silence should not have been taken as any sort of hesitance, oh no. She was ecstatic. It had been over a year since the Order had last taken a contract, and to be the one to herald their return to the region was no small honor. There was also the fact that she could find a certain amount of revenge in putting the Zebstrika in his place. Still, what she had learned from the "Kirlia" back in Juyu had her main goal set on another target. So, she was formulating a plan of action that would allow her to potentially interrogate Jabari before killing him.

Whisper was broken out of her revere by Rafiq telling them to stand back and opening the way. It was quite the thing to see the trees move of their own accord, but she did not allow it to distract her for long. They were close to their prey, and so she readied herself. In the hopes of being able to surprise their foe, and thus not needing the extra speed that her blade would give her in its split form, she called forth the larger variation of it and held it at the ready as they made their way deeper into the glade.

As they entered the large clearing, Whisper first turned her gaze towards the sky and found the moon shining down upon them. It would have been better if it were a waning crescent or a new moon: a more obvious sign that her lord was looking down upon them. Still, perhaps that was for the best. After all, the Lord of Life was not exactly a friend to Darkrai. Better to save him when her lord was not looking, and emphasize that she had been contracted to do so if she should ever need to justify her actions.

"So that is Xerneas...looks quite pretty." Fia's words brought her attention down from the moon and onto the fight in front of them, where Jabari and Xerneas were doing battle. Whisper had to admit...Xerneas was F'ing gorgeous. She might honestly have blushed just looking at them were it not for the fact that they were there to fight. Speaking of which, she set herself strafing around the side of the clearing immediately. Mainly because she was certain that the Larvesta would do something to immediately get Jabari's attention, and she could put that to her advantage. Lo and behold, Fia went and did just that by calling the Godslayer out and blasting him with little orbs of fire meant to cause lasting burns. Well, that would be a good thing for them. In the mean time, she lashed out twice with her blade and set a duo of those blindingly bright projectiles rushing out towards the Godslayer's knees. With any luck, she'd do enough harm with those to slow him down.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kazo blinked as he left a raindrop land on his nose... and then suddenly it was like the sky came crashing down. The rain was coming down so fast, and it felt... heavy. Sure, Kazo was a Gabite, which turned into sharks of the land, but he was only average in the water. And it wasn't like he could breath under it... They needed to get moving, before... 

"I-I'm slipping," Ari suddenly disappeared under the water. Well, it already happened. Crap.

"The rest of you get to higher ground!" Kah had called out. Kazo shook his head. Like hell he'd run for the hills... or the trees, while Ari was drowning. He saved that cub a lot already. Time to help do it again. He turned to Mac. 

"Don't climb a tree. There's no way you could do it," He stated, hoping she would take that was a challenge before realizing... the water was already up past his waist. He would need to get going. Taking in a large breath of air, he dived under the water and started to swim. Now, he wasn't the fastest or most graceful swimmer, but, his body was naturally streamlined enough to be a decent swimmer. He really was wishing he was a Sharpedo right now... He began to search for the young cub, hoping to find him before something bad happened.

It wasn't easy for Denku to follow the group, and he was sure that they didn't even know he was behind them. By some miracle, he managed not to lose track of them, even if he was following vague footprints and other clues. After what felt like forever, he saw the group, standing in front of... moving trees. Well, not the strangest thing he saw yet. The group walked in, and the trees began to close behind them. Denku broke out into a full sprint, praying to the gods he would make it in time. 

Surprisingly, he did make it before the trees closed, by diving headfirst into the dirt. Not the most graceful position, but it would do. He laid there for a few minutes, catching his breath. He had been pushing his body to his limit these last couple of days... This was would be all or nothing from here on out. Denku stood up, checking on Bea before moving further in. He could hear the sounds of battle further in. Seems he would have to drop off Bea. 

Thankfully, there was an old monkey watching over an injured girl. Denku walked over, untying his cloak and laying Bea next to the girl, covering both with his cloak. "Hey old man. Watch over her, would you?" He asked as he walked towards the battle, cracking his neck as he walked. This time, he wouldn't run away. He would fight until one stood, and one fell. 

Heading into the area, he could see an extremely beautiful Gijinka fighting off Jabari. Who was she? He had no idea, but seeing how majestic she was, she had to be a Legend... right? Was that how it worked? Throwing his thoughts to the side for now, he noticed Fia launching some fiery orbs from herself, while an Absol he never saw before launching some projectiles at Jabari. Seems Denku would have to throw his own lot in.

Ejecting some high pressure gas from his elbows, he launched himself into the air, channeling Dark Pulses into both of his hands. "Hey jabroni, remember me?!" He called out as he dived down at Jabari.

These Hands of Mine Shines with a Roar

"These hands of mine glow with a dark power! Their burning grip tell me to defeat you! TAKE THIS! My pain, my rage, and ALL MY SORROW! ABYSSAL FINGER SMASH!" With his chant finished, Denku went to smash both of his fists into Jabari's skull, the dark aura leaving a trail behind him. When they made contact with whatever they landed on, they released two large shockwaves of dark energy. Denku only hoped that it was enough to even stagger the man... if he had hit at all.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst Gate

It was such a weird site seeing a Scizor stand so close to a fire...but Taiga guessed it was only natural.  Small ice crystals started to form on the spots where she hadn't dried off, and she merely brushed them off.  

"Fufufufu...You couldn't make me get near that perv if he had a damn Relic Crown!"  Taiga stuck out her tongue and held the bottom of her eyelid down, all the while making a noise that sounded like 'nyeh'.  "Five minutes next to that dreary flame and my skin would surely dry out in a heartbeat."  She stopped her sneering when the ice below them started to give out.  Isole stopped the cracking, but something told her that it wouldn't hold for long.  

"Let's go."

"You don't gotta tell me twice!  Let's jet, chrome dome!"  Taiga grabbed the scizor by the hand and made a dash across the ice.  As her feet made contact with the ice, she could feel the water loosen it's grip on solidity, and water began to form under them.  Taiga seemed to glide across the ice like some sort of elegant ice skater, but her face made her look like the complete opposite.  She slipped halfway towards the gate, and had let go of Scarlet's hand.  Luckily, she was able to slide the rest of the way without breaking the ice's surface.  As she looked up to the guards, they stared at her.  "Suuuuure suuuuure...Let's help the lady up."  She got up and dusted herself off.  

"State your business outsider."  

"Tch..."  Taiga hated gijinka like this.  "I ain't gotta tell you squat, chum!"  She said, flashing her teeth quickly.  The guards seemed unfazed.  

"You will not move further unless you have business in Fryst."  

"You want business...I got business..."  Taiga rolled up some imaginary sleeves.  Halfway, she remembered she had some precious cargo.  The pie!  She reached around her back to get her bag, and from within, brought a rather stale looking pie to the guard's attention.  

"Pie delivery!"  She said with a somewhat uncharacteristic smile.  

The Slums Team Karaoke

Things hadn't quite gone according to plan at all, as it would seem Al was in no mood to talk. Not only did he summon his goons to surround the group, but he also fired off an icy beam that hit Lok right in the chest, sending him flying back. He gripped his chest, which was now covered in a coat of frost. He turned to Gwen, who had lifted him off of the ground. He let out a cough as he tried to brush off the frost that the beam had leftover. Luckily, it didn't seem like the beam had froze him, although it did hurt like hell. Still, it didn't hurt nearly as bad as anything he had to take the last night. Looking around them, he noticed the small army that had appeared before them. Somehow, he doubted that they would be able to take them all on and Al. It seemed that Gwen had the same idea, as she started to talk to the Aggron girl that had appeared before them about escaping.

"I think I can walk...well, float...on my own now." At some point after the conversation between the Aggron and Gwen, Lok had managed to hover on his own two feet, making sure to stay off the ground as the earth shook. While he was definitely still in pain, he was still able to put enough energy to levitate and move around freely. And so he did, following Gwen closely as they made a dash towards the guard station.

Outskirts of Fryst Team Showdown

"You don't gotta tell me twice!  Let's jet, chrome dome!" Before she knew it, Taiga had grabbed her arm and darted forwards. While she was still shivering, the short time she had spent next to Cab had warmed her a bit, enough for her to be able to use her wings to not slam into the ice. While Taiga managed to gracefully cross the rest of ice, Scarlet hung a lot less gracefully behind her. This transitioned even when Taiga slipped and started to slide towards the gate; Scarlet instead fell face-first into the ice and started to tumble and roll due to the momentum, cracking the ice as she hit it. Somehow, she managed to land on her knees in front of the guard. 

"State your business outsider." The Avalugg on the right seemed to give the group a cold stare as he said this while the one on the left talked to Cabrakan. Scarlet started to get up, her eyes darting everywhere on the surface of the ice and her body still shivering and now bruised. He mainly seemed to be talking to Taiga, whom explained their business in a rather brief manner. Meanwhile Scarlet was now basically clinging onto Taiga nervously staring at the ice below her and the results of her less than gracious tumble. Her body was shivering. "We...We're here to deliver...pies..." She had an uncharacteristically weak voice as she said this, shivering mid-sentence. She couldn't think of much to add, as she was much more concerned with not almost drowning again.

W2hGCSk.png

Adarid City

After her earthquake stunt, the others caught on to her momentum. A young Houndoom man took the opportunity and leapt towards the Nidoking to launch an attack of his own, and an Altaria girl quickly approached her direction. In a battlefield, every split second was crucial so she did not have the time to catch a decent glimpse of either but the girl quickly requested Clotilde accompany the Mismagius girl from earlier.

"I am slightly hesitant but I shall do so. Please be careful on your side as well." Clotilde gave the girl a little curtsy, her gloved fingers softly but firmly held the hem of her skirt for a moment, then broke her stance and rushed towards the Mismagius girl's direction. Her Earthquake should've done enough to turn the tides of the battle in these people's favor but it was still a shame. It would've been more practical to knock these unsightly hoodlums out, she felt.

As she ran, she saw from the corner of her eye flashes of light coming from behind, and strangely enough, she could hear music too. She felt tempted to turn her head behind but she knew better, that a single moment's distraction was fatal.

Right then again from behind, the same Houndoom from earlier burst from the air and landed on the ground a few meters in front of her, half-limping, half-stumbling, keeping his momentum towards the Mismagius girl and the Rotom boy she held. The half-injured Houndoom did seem to be an ally and all, so...

"I shall be of assistance. Please hold on." Clotilde closed the gap between the two, grabbed onto his arm, forcibly dragging him along while trying not too hard to keep both of their balances in check.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

Sure enough, the ordeal of trying to save Scarlet was over, but now the party still had the original ordeal of trying to get inside. Cabrakan was not confident that they'd all make it through Fryst's tight security; and even if he himself would be allowed in due to former residency, there was a good chance he'd be on his own from that point on. In any case, Cabrakan stepped forward towards the main gate, ready to face the music.

"HALT!!" called the leftmost Avalugg Gijinka as he looked the Chandelure up and down, seeming to size him up, "You must be Cabrakan, yes?"

"That would be correct," Cabrakan replied, fishing out the letter he'd written back in Coldharbour earlier as he did so, "I'm here to see my daughter for the duration of my stay, and I've a letter that needs to be sent to her as soon as possible."

Once he was given the letter, the Avalugg equipped a monocle so he could read it and, after muttering something about "an interesting name", pulled out what seemed to be a list of current Fryst residents from his pocket. Seeming happy with following through said list, he opened a door; one that was much smaller than the main gate for obvious reasons. Before making Cabrakan's entry official, however, the Avalugg handed the letter over to another Gijinka.

"You may enter," he then told Cabrakan, "But your companions are not to follow you inside until we've verified their intentions."

Nodding to signify that he understood, Cabrakan walked through the open door, and ventured inside. The other two Avalugg Gijinka loomed over Isole, Taiga and Scarlet, as though to intimidate them into not getting any bright ideas. It would likely be a while before Cabrakan saw any of the three again.

Wondering what had changed since he last lived here, Cabrakan looked around as though he was visiting Fryst for the first time in his life. Nothing seemed to change from the last time he set foot in this frosted settlement. But as he turned around a corner, he could see that a certain someone most definitely had. In the distance, a female Slugma Gijinka stood out from the crowd of mostly Ice-types, with dark skin, hazel eyes, long blood red hair that she'd partially tied into twin-tails, and a multitude of freckles across her face, shoulders, part way down her left arm and across the very top part of her torso.

That much was in line with what Cabrakan remembered his daughter to appear as. But not only was the young woman much taller than that, but her chest was significantly more pronounced, and her lower belly was even more so, appearing as though it had been severely swollen. The young woman looked to be confused at first, but as soon as she laid eyes on Cabrakan, her eyes lit up tremendously, and she grew the biggest smile as she rushed towards him.

"Dad!" the woman called out, giving Cabrakan a nice, big hug, "By Arceus, it's been too long since we've been together. How've you been?"

"I, er... I... survived..." Cabrakan said nervously, having difficulty processing the awkwardness of the situation he found himself in all of a sudden, before he decided he'd best address the elephant in the room, "So... what happened to you, Bubble? A-aside from you becoming... pregnant... that is."

"Well... I've grown taller, and... I have my own boobs now... and, um..." evidently, Bubble didn't know what else to say, so she fell silent momentarily. Cabrakan found himself rubbing the back of his neck, still unsure how he felt about reuniting with a now pregnant Bubble. However, there were still things that he needed to talk to her about; chief among which was concerning the doctor that had been taken from Coldharbour and planted into Fryst.

"Never mind trying to catch up; I have something I need to discuss with you," Cabrakan stated, "Is there somewhere we can talk in private?"

"OH!! Yeah yeah yeah yeah, we've still got that same house," Bubble replied enthusiastically, "Come along, Dad."

With that, she dragged Cabrakan along for the journey back home.

Team Mac, Lake, Day 10

Mac heard Kah's words, and didn't listen to them. It seemed neither did Kazo. She had asked them both to stay back and neither seemed to be listening. She did hesitate at Kazo's challenge, but decided she'd just have to show him up later. She could totally climb a tree and she could do it so well she deserved an audience for when she did it.

Ari was...what was Ari, anyway? A friend? She couldn't be sure of that. They haven't known each other that long but she did still feel like she should help him. Perhaps this was the true feeling of a leader towards her lackeys?

While pondering the nature of their relationship, Mac was swept into the trunk of a tree. The bark bit into her back and she cried out as she was slammed into it. The water level was rising and both Kah and Kazo seemed to be struggling with getting Ari. Which, of course, left it up to Mac.

She placed her feet against the tree behind her and inched her legs upwards, getting into a crouched position on the side of the tree.

Looking around, she noticed a splashing that wasn't coming from the dragons. Figuring it was Ari, Mac launched herself forward and into the water.

"Oh yeah. I can't swim." Mac's thought seemed almost secondhand, unimportant, despite the situation. "Well, gotta learn sometime." she started to pump her arms back and forth in the water, imitating what she had read about, and made some progress forward. She found the little Fire type and grabbed his hand, pulling him above the water. "S-sheesh, be more...careful." Mac said.

Then the two of them were struck by a tree trunk that had been carried away by the sudden rain, which had increased the water level to above Mac height, with no signs of stopping.

Team Neo Not Dark, Road to Fryst, Day 10

"I think we should go investigate,"

"We've already dealt with lots of danger getting out of Deku, so maybe we should just leave it alone and hope it doesn't come looking for us."

It looked like there was one vote for ignore, one for go. Not including Dora's opinion, which she would have changed anyway had the others not wanted to go. She looked up at Brooke, unable to keep the longing from her gaze.

The Emboar couldn't look at Dora's face for long before making up her mind. She reassured Fawkes that it would be alright, she wouldn't let anything happen to them, and that it probably was just a rock.

Dora let out a whoop of joy and tumbled over in her haste to head out. Brooke picked the girl up and they went on their way.
The tundra was cold, extremely so, but the blankets they were given were warm and they had thus far avoided the hail the tundra was known for. The object that had landed didn't seem to be all that far but they still had to rest for the night before they reached it.

But the next day, they came across the object.

It turned out to be a large hunk of rock. Though a rock that they had never seen before. It was large, dark grey, and seemed somewhat metallic in nature. There was a dim glow around the rock which caused an odd sensation of unease among most of the group. Except for Dora who made a beeline right for it before anyone could stop her.

As she got close to the edge of the broken ground, around the rock, she paused. The rock was moving, shaking back and forth, and it seemed a split was appearing along its edge.

It cracked open with a hiss, and a purple mist leaked out of the rock. Which seemed to be hollow, with something, or rather someone, inside.

Emerging from the open rock was a Gijinka none of them had ever seen before. It was only five and a half feet tall, with odd tentacle-like objects emerging from its arms and back. The Gijinka stepped out of the rock and the group would be struck by a sudden pressure in their chest.

It looked at each of them, and a blue glow shot from its eyes and moved over them all, causing no harm except a slight warmth. Once it was done it spoke, in a series of beeps and clicks. As it was clear they didn't understand, the Gijinka paused, then spoke again. This time in a language none of them recognized. This happened twice more before the Gijinka, frowning, tapped its chin with a hand that emerged from underneath the waving tentacles coming from her arm. It nodded once and spoke again, in a monotone. "I Deoxys. Who are you. Enemy?"

Team Karaoke, Streets of Adarid, Day 10

Gwen had been able to avoid the quaking ground due to her levitation. Fiona, however, was not so lucky. She was struck by one, then two, waves of attacks and was sent facefirst into the ground. She grumbled and pushed herself up, eyeing the Aggron with obvious animosity. "You think you're funny do ya?" She muttered.

Though it did seem to have the effect of disrupting the attack of the dozen Ground types surrounding them. At least for now. By the time Fiona got back up, wincing in pain, they were just about ready to launch an attack.

She noticed that Lok had taken a beating while she was down, and she was sure the Nidoking was the cause.

There was a cloud of what appeared to be dirt surrounding the area where the Nidoking stood, seemingly caused by the Houndoom nearby. Fiona huffed and blew a strand of hair away from her eyes. Just in time for a flash of light to enter them.

Alleria was doing her crazy singing thing again, though it seemed that Al's flunkies weren't exactly in the mood for song, or sleep for that matter, and FIona doubted that trick would be as effective as before. She shuddered at the thought of fighting alongside the psycho but...It seemed that the Aggron, as worthless as she was apparently, was going to help the others get out of there. She knew just what she had to do.

She swept her gaze around the ground types nearby and above her head formed a pair of large, purple, and mean looking eyes that flashed once. Upon doing so she knew the ground types wouldn't be able to leave this area for a short while at least.
Of course, she had to get herself out of there soon. Approaching Alleria she said. "Hey, uh, I don't plan on dying here. We shouldn't stay much longer."

Gwen hated the thought of leaving them, even for what was hopefully a brief time, but she saw no other way out of it. She had to take charge here or else.

It seemed that their new ally was going to come with them and help them through this mess. Al looked focused for the time being on Alleria and Fiona, and so she grabbed a hold of Lok's hand and headed to the opening towards the right, aiming for the guard station.

As she broke past Al, however, her turned to her. With a growl the Nidoking raised his hands. Aleria's flash caused him to instinctively close his eyes. A disgusting wave of poisonous liquid formed in front of him, seemingly emerging from his very skin, which he then sent towards the pair of Ghosts. Or at least that was the intent. It instead went just past the two of them, in the gap between Gwen and the rest of the group.

Team Sexual Tension, Xerneas' Sanctum, Day 9

"Powerful as you are....I won't let you kill Xerneas. Sorry for this. For the wishes of the Flames of Rebirth, I will not yield against you."

Jabari sighed. This fight hadn't been going as he had hoped it would have already and now this? These outsiders, who knew nothing of this place, were here to stop him. He looked towards the girl just in time to be struck by the flames. He didn't so much as flinch as the burning spread across his body, it was a minor issue, one he'd bear with honor.

And then he was struck in the back of the knees by a pair of projectiles. He stumbled, knees buckling, as he bit his tongue to keep from showing the pain the attack caused him.

Xerneas stood still, looking between the newcomers with great confusion and a hint of sadness. Their eyes settled on the nameless Whimiscott who seemed to be looking back at Xerneas with some sort of grim realization. Their gaze met and the two seemed to share some sort of unspoken conversation.

Which was broken by a sudden "ABYSSAL FINGER SMASH!"

Jabari was brought to his knees by the sudden assault, still keeping himself from making noise of pain. He paused for a brief moment before turning his head towards Denku. The Pupitar would see a mixture of regret, despair, and a wild, almost crazed, determination. Jabari stood suddenly, with such force as to knock Denku away a couple steps. "My fight is with the Bringer of Life, not you, however if you would interrupt then you are my enemies as well."

A crackling aura of electricity surrounded Jabari. He knew that his electric attacks wouldn't be as effective against the Pupitar, but that just meant that he'd have to fight that much harder.

He stepped forward and slammed his palm upward into Denku's chin, before lashing out with a vicious kick to his side. As he did so he brought his hands to either side of him and launched an electrical shockwave heading for both Whisper and Fia.

The nameless Whimsicott continued to watch Xerneas, who was watching the battle with unease. He shook his head, as if responding to something Xerneas had said, and raised his arms, bringing his hands together in front of him.

All the combatants, bar Jabari, would feel a sudden wind kick up behind them, which they would soon found increased their speed.

Team Showdown, Fryst, Day 11

"You want business...I got business..." 

The guards looked at each other and nodded, watching the girl and preparing to strike....Even Isole seemed unsure what was about to happen and took pains to keep a fair distance from the other two.

"Pie delivery!"

One of the Avalugg literally fell over in surprise, and the other two gaped at the Sharpedo, staring at the, what was undoubtedly, pie. Her companions weak follow up confirmed that, yes, they were there to deliver pie. One of the Avalugg helped his fallen comrade up while another leaned in towards the pie. "Smells familiar...must be hers." He looked up at Taiga. "If we find out you stole this, you're going to be in deep trouble. But...Our lord will want to inspect this pie himself." He seemed oddly grave, and serious, about the entire situation. "You will come with me."

The Avalugg led the pair towards the door way, as the others took back their original positions.

The door, it would turn out, actually led into a tunnel. This tunnel seemed to run alongside the gate, inwards towards the city, proving that the gate itself was dozens of feet thick. When they left this tunnel they would be greeted by the city itself

The city they entered was much less imposing than the outside would imply. Sure, there were clearly guards patrolling the grounds, and the walls above them, and it was a massive area of land. But the people were going about their business just like any other town. There were performers on the streets, and among the crowds, mostly instrumentalists, who gave the place a friendly atmosphere.

The group would be able to see the high walls around them, which seemed to be made up of several levels, where guards watched over the city dwellers.

The most obvious, and imposing, structure was the tower in the middle of the city. Even so far away it was clear for anyone to see, as it towered above them all, reaching even above the walls themselves.

It was roughly diamond shaped, though the walls seemed to spiral, and had a similar look to a massive icicle sticking from the ground. The top of the tower, which was barely visible, had some sort of structure on it.

Underneath the tower was the only part of the ground not covered with crunchy snow. Here there were buildings of uniform size, shape, and crafted from wood, each with signs indicating what was sold there.

Whereas the houses in the area they walked through now, clearly residential, were all dome-shaped and seemed to be made of snow and ice.

As they stepped into the city the cheerful inhabitants would pause and stare, whispering among themselves, at the outsiders. They didn't seem hostile but the looks they were giving made it clear they worried that the group themselves were dangerous.

Coming through the crowds was a new face. A female Gijinka with dark skin and a slight frown on her face. "What's the deal here?" She asked the Avalugg in a rough, scratchy, voice. As the guard explained her face broke out into a smile. She clapped her hands together. "Oh, perfect, milord was getting gru-er, well that is, a delivery will be nice for him. You three, come with me...oh, right. I am Sevda. One of the guard Captains of Fryst. I guess you might want to look around, no? Feel free to do so, I'll take you where you wanna go. Just...don't leave the lord waiting long. Seriously. Don't. You, go let him know there will be guests and then go back to your post."

The Avalugg bowed his head and then went on his way, heading straight for the tower.

Isole let out a slight scoff, and Sevda looked her up and down. "I've seen you before, I swear I have..." She put her hands on her hips and stared at Isole, who stared right on back.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Having been stumbling along from the shock of the earthquake, Nine was starting to regain his balance when suddenly he felt an incredibly strong grip press on to his arm and tug him forward with great force. Seeing that it was the aggron woman that had caused the earthquake in the first place, Nine realized why the grip was so strong, and was somewhat surprised at how fast the woman had been. Nevertheless, thankful that she was there to help him during his initial stumble, Nine picked up the pace and balance to the point that he was at regular speed and steadiness. As he did, he looked to the aggron and said, "thanks, but you can let go now."

Realizing that their repeated diversions would only last so long before the thirteen ground types had all charged after them, Nine realized that they probably needed another one. Of course, the only thing he could actually do, outside of actively trying to take down each and every one of them one at a time, was the same kind of diversion he had just done. Though needing to cover more than just one person this time, he would need to use a different attack other than his flames which, in this case, would take far more time an effort that he could manage while running away. Besides, if he gave them cover above ground, the ground types had proven that they were more than adept at just taking the underground route anyway. As such, Nine needed to simply just still hinder Al, easily the most threatening of the group.

Making sure to run out of the way of the sludge wave that had found itself on the ground infront of them, Nine had conjured a good deal of his empowered flame in his hand before taking a quick glance back. Seeing where the nidoking was, rather than shooting a jet of flame, he instead lobbed it in more of a fireball-esque fashion, though still carrying the same heat and intensity as the previous ones had. The main goal here was to either create another dirt explosion with his flames or just hit Al outright. Of course, even if the man had dodged it, it would still probably slow him down in some, if only slight, fashion. Nevertheless, after he threw the flames, Nine continued running alongside the rest of the group, keeping pace with them. 

Jjj76h5.png

Whisper was quite content to see those blades make contact with the Godslayer's legs, forcibly buckling his knees in the process. Of course she didn't have any intention of just sitting there and relaxing while the fight was getting going. No, she needed to stay mobile. To that end, she split her blade into its smaller forms with the intention of using the greater speed to cut Jabari apart before he had the faintest chance of retaliation. She didn't get very far, however, when an unexpected arrival on the scene attracted her attention. A Pupitar who sent himself rocketing straight into their foe, and put to use a particular technique in a way she had never seen before.

"These hands of mine glow with a dark power! Their burning grip tells me to defeat you! TAKE THIS! My pain, my rage, and ALL MY SORROW! ABYSSAL FINGER SMASH!" Though he could stand to work on his names, the way he wielded that power was at the very least intriguing. Perhaps he did not show the veneration that he should when using her Lord's power, but he was on the right path at the very least. She would have to speak with him, at least once the battle was done. Speaking of which.

"My fight is with the Bringer of Life, not you, however if you would interrupt you are my enemies as well." Well that was rich indeed. Whisper would have laughed, if she hadn't understood the level of strength that this Godslayer possessed. The Pupitar unfortunately received a painfully direct demonstration of that strength by way of the thrashing he had just received. As for herself, with the extra boost of speed she'd received she had little difficulty in evading the electricity sent her way. Then, while she was strafing about and planning her angle of attack, she felt the wind kicking up behind her. A cursory glance back towards the nameless Whimiscott's raised arms told her that he was likely responsible for it. Well, that would make things simpler. In any case, she ceased her strafing and bolted in towards Jabari whilst gathering darkness about the ethereal blades in her hands to make those edges impossibly sharp. She had already wounded his legs, so she targeted one of them again. The one that he had rested his weight on while kicking Denku. She slashed at his knee with both blades, bringing them across her body such that they mimicked a scissor. Her hope was that, with the wound already cut into his leg, she would not have much difficulty in severing that appendage this way.

rJpKuFs.png?1

"Hey, uh, I don't plan on dying here. We shouldn't stay much longer."

"But my concert has just...oh well, yeah. It's not like anyone's listening."

Bummed out that she was not able to perform to her fullest this time, nevertheless Alleria was ecstatic to follow Fiona after she used Mean Look to keep the group of ground-types grounded...now Alleria felt pretty awful for channeling Gwen's sense of humor on her mind. Speaking of her, Alleria noticed that Gwen was, as she had hoped, grabbing Lok and making a run to the exit, following the Aggron Maid's lead just as she asked her earlier. However though, Al turned his attention on them and fired what looked like a Sludge Wave towards them, but as Alleria's lightshow managed to disrupt his aim, the attack missed and the two were safe. She then saw Nine turning around a bit to attack Al in an attempt to disorient him, but after it was done he immediately turned around to run.

Alleria thought for a bit.

Al chased them like a madman, and he was clearly faster than most of the people on her group. Her Dazzling Gleam wouldn't be able to stop his aim forever, and if it managed to hit any of them except for the Aggron and Fiona, it'd be something very bad, and Alleria herself had no intention to get Fiona harmed if she could. And...to think about it, for the most part it was somewhat her fault too. Sighing a bit at the thought that crossed her mind, she rushed towards Nine while grabbing Fiona that was running beside her, and told the two of what she had in mind.

"...I don't think we can let Al continue chasing us like this. He's fast, his attacks are dangerous, and...well, most importantly, we need to find a way so he just don't stop us in our tracks.

Let's go deal with him, now that his lackeys are away. Either we deal with him fully now, or just find a way for him to shake off his chase on us in a more extended time period.

You two are up for this? Don't feel like involving strangers about this for the most part, and Gwen and Lok really feels like they're better off not dealing with this."

yUaDQKQ.png?1

"Denku, what are you doing?! And where is Bea? Don't tell me she's-"

As she was attempting to reach out to Denku the moment she saw him trying to attack Jabari, Fia was interrupted by a sudden shockwave of electricity that she was not able to dodge. Silently cursing as she tried her best to withstood the pain, she took her time to have her head settle down a bit after the daze. She was worried to death about Bea's fate, but realized that it was not the right time to focus her mind on it. She trusted the Flames of Rebirth that her daughter would be fine, and to keep her faith on her mother, she just need to continue battling Jabari. Thankfully, despite receiving some attacks from Jabari, Denku himself is mostly fine. During her time of assessing her situation, Fia felt a surge of wind coming around her, and she felt her body felt lighter. It seemed that someone had blessed her with the gift of speed.

She had little intention to let it go to waste.

Fia saw that the Dark-type assassin of earlier acted faster than her though, as she was already going forward to hit the Zebstrika again on his legs. Seeing that it'd be best for the actual heavy-hitter to deal with the heavy-hitting, Fia decided that she would now act as a way so the assassin could do her job well. Fia focused her mind on her staff, and charged it as she prepared for a large discharge of sticky strings that she immediately fired towards Jabari's limbs as soon as she got herself into position. She attempted to wrap him and disable him with the strong strings, and even if he used Flame Charge to eliminate the strings, it would be a good enough distraction.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

"Smells familiar...must be hers.  If we find out you stole this, you're going to be in deep trouble. But...Our lord will want to inspect this pie himself."

Taiga eyed the Avalugg with ferocity.  

"Steal?  I'm a treasure hunter...and this pie shore as hell ain't treasure."  She thought of what could be laying within the pie...she never checked...and even more surprisingly, she hadn't eaten it.  She shrugged, holding the pie delicately in one hand.  As they trekked further past the thick icy gate, Taiga noticed that this place was an absolutely impenetrable fortress...no signs of damage to the gates or anything...nobody must've tried.   "That old bag must whip up one special pie if it got us past security.  Fufufu.."  She followed the Avalugg until they were past the gate.  The town itself was...pretty bland.  Snow and ice huts..common fare from this barren tundra.  

However, despite this land being so cold, the atmosphere on the inside of the wall was relatively warm...that is until everyone started staring and whispering.  Taiga hated it when people talked behind her dorsal side...they were all cowards.  She bared her teeth and shouted.

"If you got somethin' to say to me, better make it good!  It'll be the last thing you ever sa-"  Then a chilling sensation came over her.  She looked over her shoulder to see an Abomasnow gijinka.  Her very presence sent shivers down Taiga's spine.  

"What's the deal here?" As soon as an Avalugg filled her in, she clapped with glee.  "Oh, perfect, milord was getting gru-er, well that is, a delivery will be nice for him. You three, come with me...oh, right. I am Sevda. One of the guard Captains of Fryst. I guess you might want to look around, no? Feel free to do so, I'll take you where you wanna go. Just...don't leave the lord waiting long. Seriously. Don't. You, go let him know there will be guests and then go back to your post."

Taiga rolled her eyes.  She couldn't care less.  However, the same couldn't be said for Isole.  Her stare was intense as she looked at Sevda.  

"Uh...you two got beef or somethin'?"  She shrugged.  "It ain't my problem...catch up with us later Isole..or keep staring at the captain of the ice cream brigade...your choice."  Taiga walked off towards the shopping district to see if she could find anything shiny, or important looking.  

Ari flailed in the water. His mouth would open and no air would come in, but water instead. He didn't think something as simple as not having air would be so scary, but it was. Because he could feel a building pressure in his head, like it was about to pop. Not only that, but he was starting to sink, only his hands remaining above the water. As he struggled, he knew with quiet certainty that he was going to die. He didn't know how to swim, and he didn't have the strength to keep himself above the water. The thought was scary, because he had never thought he would die so...alone

And then something grabbed one of his hands, and he surged upward through the water by strength not of his own. Soon he surfaced, and gasped for air automatically. His chest hurt, and so did his head. He couldn't see very well; the borders of his vision were edged in black. And not only that, but soon afterward, he was struck by a tree. He attempted to keep hold of the Helioptile's hand, though his grip was slipping, and his consciousness fading.

Meanwhile, Suiten seemed shaken out of his stupor. The water type was the only one not actually in the water. He had decided to stay that way, figuring having one person as lookout would be optimal, until he saw the log strike the two kids. At that point, regardless of what the others were doing, he shed his surcoat and dove into the water.

tRCh4Z6.png

"W-W-Wait, you just said it would be dangerous!" Fawkes interjected. "Besides, it fell out of the sky! Whatever that thing is, it can't be good news if that happened, right? We've already dealt with lots of danger getting out of Deku, so maybe we should just leave it alone and hope it doesn't come looking for us."

Easter paused. Fawkes made a good point, but avoiding a potential confrontation rather than running right for it left a bad taste in his mouth. Then again, he had these kids to think of. But then again, sweets...

"Besides, there's this huge mountain not far from Fryst. I've always wanted to get a look at it myself."

"I too want to see this mountain," he agreed. "But we should get there eventually. This doesn't take us too out of our way."

Eventually, Brooke made the decision for them (influenced by Dora), and they turned to travel that way.

The next day, they came upon the rock, faintly glowing. It gave Easter an eerie feeling, and that niggle in the back of his mind grew stronger. Like he should know...something about this. And then the rock cracked open, revealing a creature that made the niggle stronger. It spoke in several different languages, before eventually settling on theirs. "I Deoxys. Who are you. Enemy?"

A part of Easter told him it would be very bad to provoke this creature. Only a few gijinka had the ability to release pressure, and most of them were strong. He had felt that way with Whisper, and she had turned out to be strong. Entei as well. So he had to be careful here. And then the other part just wanted to pick a fight. Because fighting strong opponents was an appeal in itself.

He opened his mouth to say, "What if we were?" and then, looking down at Fawkes, closed it. Instead he introduced himself in a disgruntled tone, annoyed at acting nice to someone so strong. "I'm Easter." And then he remembered the more important reason he was here. "Do you have sweets?"

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke was, not for the first time in her life, glad that she was a Fire-type. Yes, there were negative aspects, like the irrational fear of large bodies of water that had plagued her since birth, or the fact that being out in the rain for too long physically pained her, but it helped out a lot when she was trudging through a tundra knee deep in snow. Most Gijinka would have likely contracted frostbite, but her internal temperature was much higher than the cold that was trying to seep into her bones. With some effort, she could even emit enough heat that her companions (at least the ones that stuck close to her) were comfortable enough as well.

Of course, doing so had left her tired, which was both a blessing and a curse. She was a natural worrier, at least, she was if children were involved, and so normally taking Dora and Fawkes along with her to investigate the crashsite of some mysterious “shooting star”—especially one that had managed to cause a sandstorm in a tundra—would have her fretting the entire journey. Fortunately, she had been too drained to think about it all that much. Unfortunately, it meant that when she first saw the strange alien rising from the wreckage of the meteor, she had taken a moment to fully register what was going on.

In that time, Easter grumbled out an introduction and asked about candy.

(S)he asked the Arceus damned alien about candy. Brooke gawked, wondering how it was she had forgotten how to formulate words in her horror.

Snapping out of her daze, Brooke surged forward, sweeping Easter behind her and obscuring the view of the young children as best as she could with her small frame. “What they meant to say was no,” she corrected. “We aren’t an enemy to you! In fact, if anything, we’re allies!” She smiled nervously and stuck out her hand for the alien to shake. “My name’s Brooke, and I’m a merchant from Deku. Err, well, I was a merchant from Deku. Not much left of it now,” she paused. “My shop or the town itself, actually. But that doesn’t mean we can’t help you, if you need it! Are you, are you hurt?” She stumbled over her words, looking them over once. If they were, they didn’t let it show. “We can give you some potions, if you are. It’s not much, but. . .”

Brooke trailed off mid-sentence. Something about just being in the presence of the alien made her mouth dry, and her throat constrict painfully. Whatever it was, her instincts screamed to run as fast and as far away as possible, but one glance behind her and she knew that wasn’t an option. She was sure Easter could take care of herself (himself?), but the other two were a different story.

No, if it came to it, she would fight.

She just hoped it didn’t come to that.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

To say the least, everything had gone more or less precisely in the direcition Fawkes was afraid it would go. As it turned out, the shooting star had hit the ground, and the group was now standing before it. However, it was no star; it was a rock, the likes of which Fawkes had never seen before. Especially odd, considering Fawkes had seen quite a few valuable rocks before. Even without the aura of unease emanating from the thing, Fawkes did not feel comfortable standing anywhere near this mystery rock. And then, it hissed and leaked out a strange mist as the thing cracked in half. Fawkes visibly jumped back from the thing, despite already keeping her distance. Was the rock some weird sort of egg, perhaps?

Egg seemed to be the more accurate term, as a gijinka soon climbed out from it. Whatever it was, Fawkes had never seen anything like it before, or even heard stories of anything even vaguely matching its appearance. More importantly, just being in its general area gave Fawkes a feeling of pressure on her chest that she was not okay with. It felt as though the entire gijinka was magically washing some sort of invisible force over the tiny Zorua's entire body. She almost fell to her knees on the spot, but she still stood. It was clear to tell that she was quite literally shaking in her boots, though. Suddenly, the gijinka spoke! Sort of. It said a few different things in languages Fawkes had never heard before, before saying something she could understand.

"I Deoxys. Who are you. Enemy?"

"I'm Easter. Do you have sweets?"

Sweets? Why? While the thought of getting to munch on something sweet did sound appealing, this was definitely not the time to think about that. What was that woman thinking, just asking this Deoxys straight to its face about sweets when they'd just met?

"What they meant to say was no, we aren’t an enemy to you! In fact, if anything, we’re allies! My name’s Brooke, and I’m a merchant from Deku. Err, well, I was a merchant from Deku. Not much left of it now. My shop or the town itself, actually. But that doesn’t mean we can’t help you, if you need it! Are you, are you hurt? We can give you some potions, if you are. It’s not much, but. . ."

"Y-Yeah, we c-c, we can help!" Fawkes repeated. She did not want to get on this thing's bad side. Other than her re-establishing what Brooke had already said, Fawkes was opting to keep her mouth shut on this one.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

Well, the water was growing deeper. This was bad; Kah was having trouble staying mobile at this point. The weight of the rain beating down on her made her wings more or less useless, and her own strength was slowly failing her against that of the rising water. However, she could see Ari and Mac struck by a tree trunk. At least she'd found the whelps. Now then, getting them to safety; that would be a different problem. The best method Kah could think of was scooping them up and climbing a tree, which was exactly what Kah planned to do.

The Hydreigon began wading/swimming in the direction of Mac and Ari, calling out "Keep him above the water!" What was causing this rain to begin with? When Kah found the source, she'd make sure to punch it in the face. Really hard.

Kazo was not having a good time under the water. He couldn't find Ari no matter where he looked. This was bad. Very bad. He was also running out of air. That was pretty important. He swam up, gasping for air, before realizing the water was even higher on him. It could potentially overtake Kah at this rate. Then again, she was 'a proud dragon'. What kind of dragon couldn't swim?

"Keep him above the water!" He heard Kah call out. Looking over, he saw Kah wading/swimming over to the two kids. She'd get there fast... but was it fast enough? He began to swim to them as well, his streamlined body allowing him to catch up to Kah quickly. He only hoped they could make it back to Mac and Ari on time.

"My fight is with the Bringer of Life, not you, however if you would interrupt then you are my enemies as well." Denku braced himself for what was to come. He took the blow to the chin, grunting from the force of the hit. Thank god he was ground type, otherwise it would have hurt a hell of a lot more. The kick to his side... well, that was a different story. 

The force of it caused him to skid back, his heels digging into the dirt as he did. That one hurt... but something suddenly changed. A wind blew at his back, and he felt like he could go faster. That, combine with his natural propulsion... yes, he could work with this. He then saw an Absol attacking Jabari's leg and Fia attempting to slow him down with strings. Yes, this would do nicely.

"I don't know why you're so desperate to kill this... person, but you can tell us after we maim you!" Denku shouted as a black aura surrounded him, taking the form of a dragon. "I still owe you for the Thrashing you gave me... allow me to return the favor!" He dashed at Jabari, throwing a punch aimed at his chest. He then began to throw a flurry of punches powered by expelling gas form his elbows, making them faster and stronger. He didn't know if he was hitting Jabari, or if the Zebstrika was blocking, but it didn't matter. He'd annoy and attack Jabari until he slipped up and they could capitalize on his mistake.

The Slums Team Karaoke

The two ghost marched on forwards, their allies close behind them. As they passed Al, he heard him growl. Turning, he saw a huge wave of sludge coming at them. Instinctively, he dove a bit to dodge it, letting out a small "eek". Looking up, he realized that such an evasive maneuver was unnecessary - Al had missed his shot, hitting the ground around them. Lok kept on dashing forward, tightening his grip on Gwen's hand. He knew that Al was not going to let up anytime soon. He could also feel the pain wain from his chest where Al had struck him, although it was still rather cold. He took a peak behind him to check up on his allies - they seemed safe for the most part, although they also seemed to be planning something. Whatever it was, he could only hope that it worked. He turned his head forward.

Outskirts of Fryst Team Showdown

"That old bag must whip up one special pie if it got us past security.  Fufufu.." Scarlet nodded her head, still shivering. She followed the group closely behind as they traveled through...a tunnel? "Just how deep is this wall!?" Scarlet thought to herself, before letting out a sneeze, still shivering. Behind the wall was a regular city, which was strange considering the whole situation outside. The townspeople were going about their daily business - at least, they were until they started to stop and stare. "G-Guess they're not used to outsiders, h-huh?" she whispered to Taiga, glancing at those around them. Before they could have a conversation, however, someone had approached them. "What's the deal here?" It was an Abomasnow, whom seemed to be wearing a scowl on her face. The Avalugg had explained the reasoning behind the visit, which seemed to change her mood. "Oh, perfect, milord was getting gru-er, well that is, a delivery will be nice for him. You three, come with me...oh, right. I am Sevda. One of the guard Captains of Fryst. I guess you might want to look around, no? Feel free to do so, I'll take you where you wanna go. Just...don't leave the lord waiting long. Seriously. Don't. You, go let him know there will be guests and then go back to your post." She let out a sigh of relief, before looking around the shops. Hopefully, she would be able to get herself a blanket to help with her cold. Before telling the group that they should head towards the shops, however, the Abomasnow said something else. "I've seen you before, I swear I have..." Scarlet turned around to Isole, whom seemed to give the other girl a stern look. "Uh...you two got beef or somethin'? It ain't my problem...catch up with us later Isole..or keep staring at the captain of the ice cream brigade...your choice." 

"Isole, we should go. S-Something tells me you don't have a good relation with her..." Scarlet cursed under her visible breath. She was starting to get a bit peeved at her shaky voice. It couldn't be helped - she needed to get something to keep her warm asap. "...whatever you decide to do, w-we'll be over there..." She pointed to where Taiga was walking towards - a shop that seemingly contained exactly what she was looking for.  She flashed Isole a weak smile before tagging behind Taiga.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Pride Rock

After what she had to assume was hours, Beatrice finally awoke from her comatosed slumber... only to see that she had been relocated entirely. She wasn't in the main portion of Pride Rock that the populace would call a home any more, and all she could see around her as she rose were trees. Thankfully, they weren't the only thing to keep her company. Nearby was a female Whimsicott that had also fallen unconscious, as well as an elderly Ambipom watching over the two of them.

"Oooohhhhwwwwwwww, my head. How long was I out. And WHERE THE FU-...??!!" Beatrice caught herself just in time, barely registering the fact that the Ambipom was still there; after all, it was rude to swear in front of a senior citizen of any kind, "Er... I mean, what is this place?"

The man would have plenty of time to answer this question before she'd have any recollection of who he was meant to be, but then all of a sudden it hit Beatrice.

"Hey, I think I know who you... Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah, you're that old guy that went to that cave to do the thing(!)... with the... thing..." try as she might to recall details, it was evident that Beatrice's memories were failing her, though there was still one memory in particular that was fresh on her mind, "JAMES!! He made a pact with those Mightyena from the Shadow Land; I think that's where they came from, and Jabari was leading them to take over the village! Where are they? Did anyone kill them? And if any of them are still alive, what are they doing right now? Please... tell me. I need to know so I can help put an end to this."

She remained determined to make up for her mistakes, and get vengeance for herself and her friends. But she wasn't going anywhere without those answers.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

Sure enough, Cabrakan was invited into Bubble's home. It was a nice, small two bedroom place with all the bare essentials. Nothing fancy, and yet Cabrakan remembered everything as Bubble said he would. Well... everything except a few framed photographs that happened to be on the fireplace shelf. He picked one of these foreign photographs up at random and studied it closely. It was a photo of a Grimer Gijinka who, according to the photo itself, would usually wear a purple hoodie with the hood up, black trousers, black and purple sneakers and a dark purple scarf around his neck. Evidently, he liked his blacks and his purples; Cabrakan could see that just by looking at the photo. He could be seen with a light smile across his face, vivid green eyes and what looked to be messy, charcoal grey hair that would fall down to the nape of his neck.

"This I don't remember so much," said Cabrakan, evidently catching Bubble's attention, "Who is he?"

"Who, Darwin? He's my new boyfriend," Bubble answered, but before Cabrakan could reply... "Annd the father of your new grandchildren, before you say anything."

Cabrakan was speechless for a second. It was one thing for him to realize that Bubble was pregnant to begin with, but the aspect of her birthing multiple children at once? That was not something the aged Chandelure could possibly expect. But wasn't the thing that concerned him. What concerned Cabrakan was the fact that Bubble would think to make love with a Grimer of all Gijinka, even one that appeared as handsome on the surface as Darwin did, while Cabrakan was out looking for a new home and having gotten distracted by Chaser things. Of course, he could only blame himself for not being there to guide the girl, but still...

"Ooh, here's a better one," Bubble picked up a different photograph as she said this, as if to lighten the mood. This one was of Darwin in a tuxedo of sorts, carrying Bubble in his arms. Here, Bubble could be seen beaming in a regal orange dress and high heels, with one arm around Darwin's neck for additional support and the other having produced a V for the camera. She wasn't quite as heavily pregnant in the photo as Cabrakan could see her now, but the evidence was still present.

"Hmm... that is a nice one," Cabrakan stated, before heaving a sigh. He missed too much of Bubble's life; it could be seen all over his face.

W2hGCSk.png

Adarid City

"Thanks, but you can let go now."

"Understood." Seeing the Houndoom regain his balance enough to properly run, she conceded and let go. The two kept running, at some point joined by the Altaria dancer and another girl. The big chase was becoming more and more ridiculous, she couldn't help but think.

From behind, the aggressive Nidoking spewed out poisonous sludge that landed on the ground between them and the Mismagius. It was an obstacle for the Houndoom man and the rest, but because she was Steel-typed, Clotilde merely ran through it, catching up to the ghost girl and her injured Rotom companion.

"Are you two alright?"

Team Karaoke, Adarid City Streets, Day 10

Al grunted as he saw yet another flame being launched at him by the complete...or was he a complete stranger? The Nidoking didn't have time to think about it as the fire nearly reached him. He stomped his foot on the ground and suddenly a plume of earth shot up in front of him and blocked the flames. As the dirt settled he realized that most of them were getting away. He wanted to chase after them but the closer they got to the guard station the harder and more dangerous it would be to follow them, especially without his crew.

He grinned when he noticed the three that seemed to be lagging behind the rest. If he kept them here then his crew would be able to move up to back him up soon enough. His eyes focused on the Dragon. She was the one that was supposed to help him, she was the reason the plans went wrong, and she was just standing there. He opened his mouth as frost began to form inside, and a beam was launched at the Dragon.

Fiona yanked free from Alleria's grip instinctively, yelping a little as the girl touched her. Then Alleria went into some speech about fighting the leader before leaving. Which Fiona, frankly, thought was a dumb idea. If the others got closer before they finished him off, assuming they could, they'd be in huge trouble. However she found she couldn't say this, her voice seemed to be escaping her as the one who had nearly killed her spoke.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the Nidoking attacking. Fiona, without giving it a thought, slide into the way of the attack meant for Alleria and got struck in the back by the Ice Beam. She gasped and stumbled forward, gritting her teeth at the painfully cold sensation. "Why." She thought. "Why would I do that..."

Gwen didn't feel tired. Floating sort of made this running away thing much easier. However ever since the other day she had been feeling fairly faint. It was an unusual feeling. She almost thought that there was something her own body and mind was holding back from her. Gwen glanced over at Alleria, then noticed Fiona's injury, and it almost made her turn right back around. But, she didn't want to drag Lok, or that strange new girl who was helping them, who seemed to be an extremely selfless Gijinka, into something they wouldn't make it out of. She had to buck up, and act like the older sister she knew she was.

"Are you two alright?"

"I am fine, fit as a Fennikin" Gwen said, looking about. "Lok, if you need to, here's some berries I picked up, they aren't much but..." She handed a pair of Oran berries to the boy, before gesturing towards the guard station. "We're right there, so let's get going."

As she reached the door, she, thankfully, found it unlocked. The inside was fairly bare. Usually there would be a guard at each of the two desks to the right and left, who would stop anyone traveling to the raised walkway, or from it, to check their business. However they were away, dealing with the sudden rioting. Gwen let out a sigh. "We can keep going this way, to get away from those people, or try and make our way towards the gate." She turned towards her two companions and smiled, trying not to think of those they left behind. "Any preferences?"

Team Sexual Tension, Xerneas' Sanctum, Day 9

As the assassin went to attack Jabari's leg, he tensed up and sent an energy throughout his body and focusing on his leg. A glow of Aura flared up around the attacked area and he managed to endure the attack. While the blades cut into his leg, spraying blood and causing intense pain throughout Jabari's body, they weren't able to sever his leg as was intended.

Then, while in the midst of fighting off the pain, he felt himself covered in string. String that would slow him down and make his movements harder to do.

These strings made him unable to do more than raise his arms to take the blows from the Pupitar. They weren't the most powerful of attacks but they battered his arms and, if he let too many land, might end up breaking his bones. Jabari moved his arms, ignoring the protective instincts, and took a blow right to the chest. He grabbed Denku's arm as it punched his chest and whipped him to the side, towards the assassin beside him.

He noticed Xerneas moving their arm over towards the statue on its left, and the glow surrounding it started to grow. "No!" Jabari shouted and flames began to cover his body, weakening the strings as he charged at Xerneas, crashing into them and knocking them a couple steps back, before starting to attack with an electrically charged Thrash. Even the Whimsicott's Moonblast didn't slow his assault.

Meanwhile Rafiq was laughing at Beatrice's words. "This one's so eager for one who was near death's door. But that's good, youth is supposed to be eager, yes? Get all that out of your system while you can still have a bounce in your step, oho..." His face grew grim as he looked down the path that her companions had taken. "You can find them that way. I should warn you that I cannot go with. If something happens, it's up to you, and your friends, to watch each other's backs."

Team Showdown, Fryst, Day 11

Sevda raised her eyebrows at the Sharpedo and Scizor's reactions. "You don't have a very close bond to them do ya?" She muttered towards Isole, who shrugged, still staring. "Whatever." Sevda sighed. She started following Taiga and Scarlet, who in turn was followed by Isole, who bore a somewhat relieved expression for a moment. "Wait up you two, I'm supposed to stick with you all. You don't want to be found wandering around without an escort on your first day here. Outsiders aren't something we tend to get in these parts, you're lucky our lord loves those pies so much."

As they entered the shopping area of the city, the people seemed to brighten up. The merchants looked more than happy to see the newcomers and they waited with bated breath to see where they would stop.

There was clothing, food, and medicine stores. As well as shops for tools, TMs, and antiques. A pawn shop in the corner sold random assorted goods that ranged from a bent, old, spoon, to an engagement ring. Sevda piped up as they looked around. "Where are all of you from anyway? And what brings you here. Surely you're not from Oasis, and have more in mind than delivering a pie." She said this in a friendly tone, though she did glance over at Isole with a curious expression, as she spoke.

Team Mac, Crystal Lake, Day 10

Mac gripped harder as the tree trunk slammed into her. She refused to let Ari go, even as water began to pour into her lungs, and her vision started to blur. She looked towards the smaller boy and pulled him closer, determined to keep hold and keep him above water. "You're *cough* going to *cough* alright *cough cough*" Mac barely could get this out before suddenly she was pulled under the water by the torrential waters. She, while still underwater, pushed Ari upwards, keeping him just barely above the water level, though her strength was fading.

As the others all raced towards them, they would find the water pulling down on them, stronger than they could have expected, even as the rain suddenly stopped, the water continued to pull, almost as if it was trying to drag them underneath the center of the lake.

Team Neo Not Dark, Deoxys, Day 11

"I'm Easter. Do you have sweets?"

Deoxys stared at the...creature. It was asking for sweets. "Your body position and mental waves indicate a desire to battle. But you ask for sweets. Several cultures in existence use the term to indicate a duel. However this is not one." The more it talked the more fluent in their language it seemed to be getting. Though it seemed to still not quite understand fully as it repeated itself. "This is not one of them, however, and all signs point to the meaning that is more common. I have no sugared confectioneries for you. However if your desire is to do battle I will acquiesce this request. Especially if you are determined to be one of the enemies I am here for."

“What they meant to say was no. We aren’t an enemy to you! In fact, if anything, we’re allies! My name’s Brooke, and I’m a merchant from Deku. Err, well, I was a merchant from Deku. Not much left of it now, My shop or the town itself, actually. But that doesn’t mean we can’t help you, if you need it! Are you, are you hurt? We can give you some potions, if you are. It’s not much, but. . .”

"Your answering for this lifeform indicates you are the head of this..." It stopped, looking for the word. "Family unit. In that case you are to be held accountable if any of your family are found to be a threat. Deku." It paused again, seemed to realize what she was talking about. "The city serving as the hideout for Thundurus. The indication of it being destroyed means that is no longer a secret. I will visit and enact discipline upon him after my mission is over. I am not injured. If I were, my body if fully capable of repairing itself. But...I believe the social indicators of this land means I should say 'thank you' for said offer." It looked at the hand offered. "Your actions would be considered a threat. But your words and tone imply a gesture of...friendship. Very well." Deoxys lifted its arm and a hand was seen underneath the mass of tentacles. Deoxys gripped Brooke's hand briefly and suddenly the Emboar would see a flash of visions. Ones she couldn't seem to understand, but they all gave her a sense of vastness, and space.

The smallest member spoke up. "Y-Yeah, we c-c, we can help!"

"You have nothing to fear. My scans indicate you are not a threat even if you meant to be. You are irrelevant." It said this to Fawkes with no hint of malice.

"You're weird. I like you!" Dora said, hopping closer. As it neared Deoxys crouched suddenly. "Stay back." Dora stopped, confused. "Please retain an acceptable distance."

Dora nodded. "You're shy! I get it! Fawkes is too, right?" Dora grabbed Fawkwes and pulled her in front of Dora. "You can be shy buddies, hehe."
"Your logic is flawed." Deoxys said, and suddenly scanned her again. "Your body has traces of DNA that are recognizable to me. However you are not a threat. This is an unusual situation. But I will not eliminate you at this time." The way they said it, it seemed clear that "at this time" could mean anything, and it depended on their actions.
They looked back at Brooke. "Head of household. I ask you. Where is Kyurem? Upon failure of knowledge on that location. Where is this Godslayer?"

EOlaaCE.png?1

As the houndoom continued to make a run for it alongside the others, he was slowed down by the tug of the Altaria. Slowing himself down to match the pace of the girl as she started to talk to him, she seemed to be under the assumption that they would need to run as a diversion for the trio that was ahead of them. While Nine was feeling as though they were closing in on a guard station, a place that the mobster would much rather not deliver himself to, he couldn't fault her for wanting to aid her companions here. The two of them, Gwendoline and Lok, seemed to be far less than keen on wanting to get involved in anything that involved any sort of violence and so, believing the girl was going to get herself killed if he didn't decide to stay with her regardless. As such, the trio started to slow down, only for Nine to look back and notice what it was Al was doing. 

Watching as the ground leader fired off his ice beam, Nine couldn't do much as the Drapion girl tossed herself in front of the dragon to save herself the pain. Seeing this, though, made Nine consider the situation they were in deeply. As it were, in order to fight Al, they would be on quite the time limit, beating him before the rest of his force arrived. Al himself was no slouch of an opponent, and in a sheer match of typing, there was not a one of them that wouldn't be incredibly vulnerable to something the nidoking could do. As such, the best course of action wasn't to pray here and hope they could defeat him. It was, instead, to continue doing what they had already been doing. Looking to the other two of his group, he said, "the library. We'll go there."

The library was the closest landmark to the group, one that they could easily get to if they simply changed which course they had been running so far. While it itself wasn't a guard house, it was one of the most important buildings in the city, being a place where more knowledge then anywhere else on the earth was preserved. Even if getting into the library wasn't enough to dissuade them, though, the build was still labyrinthine enough to cause the mobsters to lose track of them inside. "Alleria, slow him down a bit first," Nine had said to the Altaria, needing something to keep the Nidoking slower while they slowed down to change course. The houndoom, then gripped onto the hand of the stumbling and injured drappion, in an attempt to steady her. In order to make it easier on the girl, he then shortened the distance between them and gripped on just a bit tighter in order to make sure that she wouldn't have to exert as much effort to keep steady as she would have otherwise. With a smile he said,"I'd rather you not fight me on this madam," assuring her that this was for the best and fastest way for them to leave. With that, Nine had changed course, the drappion girl in tow as he decided to run towards the library. 

Alleria pouted. Looking at the other two's reactions, they seemed to think that she was suggesting to kill Al before moving, while the main intent of her suggestion was just to either figure out a way to slow him down, or failing that, for him to not chase the more vulnerable part of their group as the three split off from them. She tried to voice her complaint, but then she felt Fiona yanked off her hand from Alleria's hold. Alleria turned around to see the reason, and her gaze turned into horror as she realized that the Drapion had taken a direct Ice Beam hit from Al, definitely something meant for Alleria.

"Fiona! Are you alright? You...you don't have to do this..."

Fiona seemed to be mostly fine from a glance, only slowed down a little as she staggered from the cold and the direct hit. Alleria was definitely worried sick about her, but as she looked at how the Drapion took the hit, something inside of her stirred. She felt like she wanted to laugh at how Fiona chose to use her body to shield her from the would-be supereffective hit, but the terrible thought didn't escape her mind as it's drowned in Alleria's worries. She offered to carry the Drapion as she recovered, but it didn't seem to be-

"the library. We'll go there."

"Huh?"

Oh right, the city had a library. Without a librarian, no one would really complain if Al ended up thrashing the place...but more importantly, the structure of the place would allow them to shake off the chase with ease, while allowing any of them to rest for the time being. If overcoming Al ended up being the only way for them to continue, then the library's layout would be a great help for them. At least, if they could utilize it well.

"Alleria, slow him down a bit first,"

"Alright, alright, I got it."

Alleria summoned her flames, and figured out that while a proper Dragon Breath as a dance would take too long and slowed her down too much, and using it as a proper breath attack would be really under her (not to mention probably lacking the range to reach Al), she decided to channel the attack as several fireballs instead. Raining them down towards their pursuers, the fireballs probably lacked much of the potency of a proper Dragon Breath to make them able to paralyze anything, but at this point, anything would be fine for her.. She looked to her side as she continuously fired the attacks, and noticed Nine taking Fiona's hands as he attempted to assist her in continuing their escape.

A sliver of jealousy passed through Alleria's mind.

"He's gone off the rockers..."

With Jabari Thrashing around, Fia's strings would be useless in slowing him down now. Fia wished to have her knife at this point. Her knife would've solved this issue with ease. But fate sadly decided to get her away from her knife. Granted, perhaps it's fate's way of saying that she shouldn't run with knives in front of her child, to make her a better mother? Fia smiled as she thought about it. That would make some sense.

But, there was really no room for hesitation now. Jabari had to be stopped. And if it's too dangerous for her children, then of course, Fia as their mother would be the one that had to deal with this threat. With little regard towards her own wellbeing, Fia rushed forward towards the rampaging Zebstrika, and swung herself towards his back using her strings, and attempted to hold him. It was rough, his resistance as he kept continuing his rampage made her really sick, but she had to do this. As she tried her best in staying on Jabari's back, she then used her staff to summon as much strings as she could in an attempt to trap both Jabari and herself at that point, and while with Jabari's flames it would be temporary at best, it would buy the others enough time to continue their attack.

In the meantime, as the staff was doing its work and as she struggled to stay glued on his back, Fia took part of the strings, and after making sure that they're strong enough, looked at Jabari's neck, and smiled.

Deep breath. Deep breath.

it wouldn't be the first time she did this.

As long as she could maintain her position here...

Kazo saw Mac went under and his urgency rose. He did his best to swim against the current, but for some reason, it got much stronger. He could barely fight it, and he was tiring quickly just from trying it. That was it... time for a different approach.

"Save them!" He called out to Kah before going under, swimming towards the center of lake. If it wouldn't stop pulling, he would make it stop! ... Oh god, he sounded Kah right now. That was the last thing he wanted...

Denku smirked as his fist crashed into Jabari's chest, but that quickly faded as Jabari grabbed his arm and tossed him to the side. He felt himself crash into someone... He was pretty sure he felt two soft things against his back for a spilt second before he rolled off of the person. He didn't even stop to see if said person was okay... his vison was beginning to tunnel, and all he could see was Jabari Thrashing...

He stood up, expelling gas from his feet to propel him across the battlefield and right into Jabari's attack, showering him in electric charged blows. One individual blow didn't hurt too much, but an onslaught would be trouble. Denku wasn't planning on tanking all these body blows, however. After he landed and took several hits, he began to use Outrage, having one fist collide with Jabari's. He then threw another, once again colliding fists. He kept going, however, each fist colliding with Jabari's over and over again.

​It wasn't easy, however, and he could slip up at any moment. In fact, one little mistake could cause Denku to be showered in Jabari's Thrash...

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"You have nothing to fear. My scans indicate you are not a threat even if you meant to be. You are irrelevant."

Talk about being shot down. "Irrelevant". Of all the adjectives Fawkes had thrown at her in her life - including such terms as cowardly, weak, lousy, untrustworthy, and even just flat-out awful - "irrelevant" was never one she'd heard tossed in her direction. Was she really irrelevant? She'd done some good things for Dora & Brooke since meeting them, right? She helped save Dora from the thugs that kidnapped her just the other day! And she also survived the destruction of Deku! Even if she didn't do any of the heavy lifting herself...

Maybe I need to get stronger after all.

"You're weird. I like you!"

"Stay back. Please retain an acceptable distance."

That was a request Fawkes had no trouble obliging. She wanted to keep herself as distanced from this person as possible. However, it seemed that Dora had other plans.

"You're shy! I get it! Fawkes is too, right? You can be shy buddies, hehe."

"H-Hey wait, I'm fine back here!" Fawkes exclaimed as she was dragged along by Dora. This was extremely unnerving.

"Your logic is flawed. Your body has traces of DNA that are recognizable to me. However you are not a threat. This is an unusual situation. But I will not eliminate you at this time."

And then...

"Head of household. I ask you. Where is Kyurem? Upon failure of knowledge on that location. Where is this Godslayer?"

"Head of household" was Brooke. But who was this Godslayer? Now she had a frightening entity named Deoxys in front of her, and a mysterious Godslayer out there in the world, somewhere. Things sure have gotten tense these last couple of days. I don't like it.

Water. Water everywhere.

"Keep him above the water!"

Tired.

Drifting.

Dad? No...can't be. His mane is...different. Wait...grandpa?

"A king does not sleep in times of need. Awaken!"

"You're *cough* going to *cough* alright *cough cough*"

I'm...standing? But I'm in the water. Wait, maybe that's the ground? Finally, solid ground. Thank the Life Bringer, I'm saved!

Wait. Where's Mac?

...Mac?

--

Suiten swam with the skill of his type, somebody just as at home within the water as without it. He had almost reached the kids when Kazo shouted ​"Save them!" to Kah before going under, swimming directly toward the center of the lake. Seeing the proud Hydreigon seemed to be taking his words to heart, he glanced between the suicidal Gabite and the heart-stopping visage of a near-unconscious Litleo atop a flailing Helioptile before shaking his head and going under himself.

Is he a fool? he thought angrily. He's heading directly for death. Still, he couldn't just let the fool kill himself. At least not under his watch. Quickly catching up with the ground type, who was very much out of his element, he grabbed him from behind and kicked toward the surface, ignoring any angry thrashing on the dragon's part. I have no idea what he was thinking there. And then, a troubling thought hit him. Perhaps he's...really suicidal? Worrisome. He would have to talk to him about that later. Though he didn't really know what he would say. Ugh, I wish I were better at these sorts of things.

Eventually, he reached the surface, making sure Kazo's head lay above the water. He vaguely noted it stopped raining but his attention lay elsewhere. "What..." he spoke to the Gabite, interrupted by loud gasps for air, "in blue blazes...is wrong with you?"

tRCh4Z6.png

"Your body position and mental waves indicate a desire to battle. But you ask for sweets. Several cultures in existence use the term to indicate a duel. However this is not one."

So some sort of psychic type then. Damn, I should know of this person. But whatever knowledge he had fled from his grasp.

"This is not one of them, however, and all signs point to the meaning that is more common. I have no sugared confectioneries for you. However if your desire is to do battle I will acquiesce this request. Especially if you are determined to be one of the enemies I am here for."

Easter grinned. No sweets? That was reason enough to pick a fight.

And then Brooke, the stick-in-the-mud, decided to ruin his fun. "What they meant to say was no. We aren’t an enemy to you! In fact, if anything, we’re allies!" The Emboar stuck a nervous hand out to shake. "My name’s Brooke, and I’m a merchant from Deku. Err, well, I was a merchant from Deku. Not much left of it now." She paused. "My shop or the town itself, actually. But that doesn’t mean we can’t help you, if you need it! Are you, are you hurt? We can give you some potions, if you are. It’s not much, but. . ."

"Sissy," Easter muttered under his breath. He didn't care if this Deoxys heard, nor if Brooke heard. Right now all he could think about was how he was not only not going to get his fight, but this creature didn't even have the manners to give him the sweets he wished for. What was up with the world?! He threw his hands into the air in exasperation. "I need pie," he grumbled. "Preferably Custap berry, with a latticed crust."

And then Deoxys went on about how Brooke was apparently the head of the family, which made the Sylveon bristle for a second, before realizing that yes, she was older than him. Perhaps he should be treating her with a bit more respect. ...Nah. She hasn't shown me any indication of strength, though Emboar are fighting types. Fighting types were diligent, with a good work ethic. If she was anything like the fighting types he had come across, then it was only the kids holding her back from testing her skills against this obviously powerful creature.

And then Fawkes' voice broke him from his thoughts. Oh, yes. They were still talking, weren't they?

"Y-Yeah, we c-c, we can help!"

"You have nothing to fear. My scans indicate you are not a threat even if you meant to be. You are irrelevant."

...Ouch. Somehow, the fact the creature didn't intend any insult, that this was just pure unadulterated fact, made it even worse. Easter couldn't help but wince in sympathy, and resolved to try to teach the kit as much as he could when it came to fighting. Unfortunately, they were vastly different in type, so there was only so much he could do. He had evolved fairly early too, so he never did learn Bite like most other Eevee, the only dark type move he would've been able to learn. It would have been optimal for the Weavile or Sableye to have done this instead. Speaking of those two...where are they? He hadn't seen them in ages. Weren't they supposed to be with Fawkes?

And then an exchange between Deoxys, Dora, and Fawkes that confused him greatly. But he quickly moved on at the next words.  "Head of household. I ask you. Where is Kyurem? Upon failure of knowledge on that location. Where is this Godslayer?"

The Sylveon perked up at that. Godslayer? What was that? Slayer of the gods? Was there anybody in this world that could be called a god? No, everybody had the potential to become strong. That was the beauty of this world. Though he supposed the legendaries could be considered the closest, but even the thought of that left a bad taste in his mouth. They're nothing more than puffed-up imbeciles, he thought. Content with their power. They're just asking to be beaten, to be shown the truth of this world.

And then there was this Kyurem. Why would this Deoxys be looking for Kyurem? The ice dragon seemed an odd target for this alien, unless they were an alien themselves. Too many aliens, he thought. And not enough alien candy.

Jjj76h5.png

Whisper would have liked to be able to see what exactly it was that had Jabari going off, but the fact that she'd just been knocked on her back by way of that Pupitar being thrown at her meant she didn't have the best view of their clash. Thankfully, the youth who'd smashed into her was quick in getting off. She'd worry about whatever injuries it had caused later, though she suspected she had a broken rib. In any case, she took a moment just to observe the fight as those blades of hers faded away and the increase to speed went with them. Less than ideal, but the fact that her target was distracted by the Lord of Life, the Pupitar raining blows upon him, and the Larvesta tying herself to his back gave her enough of an opening. Not that she was going to risk getting in there just yet. Between Jabari's indiscriminate attacking and the Pupitar's berserk rage she would only risk further injury and possibly death. To that end, precision was called for.

"Well, let us hope that the third time is in fact the charm," she muttered as she mimicked the motion of throwing a knife with her right hand. An impossibly sharp, impossibly bright blade came into being just as the motion finished and rocketed out towards the Zebstrika. With any luck, between his previous injuries to it and his distraction, he would not be able to avoid his leg being severed. Once that was done, they could kill or interrogate him at their leisure. The only thing she was a bit disappointed about was that it seemed unlikely she would see whatever power allowed the Godslayers to kill a legend. In her mind, Xerneas would have been a worthwhile sacrifice in the name of learning about her prey.

Archived