Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Fjanna Vaia Livrais

Team UST, Pride Rock Outskirts

"Denku, stop what you're doing right now or-"

Her words fall into flat ears as Denku used Earthquake to strike at the leopards around him, and while Fia was going to stubbornly moved towards the Pupitar's direction, one of the Pyroars threw her away to safety, though it mainly serve to irk her. What's more important was that Bea now was being attacked by one of the leopards however. Seeing her cubs being harmed like this of course wouldn't just have Fia standing there on the sidelines. She took her staff and ran towards the Beedrill and her attacker. While she was unable to generate enough fire to use as a move proper, she felt like it was enough to generate the fire she usually used for her Flame Body around her staff so she could start whacking it on the leopard so it let itself go from Bea. Although, it seemed to not be working as well as she hoped, so...

"Rest in peace, my dear~"

Grabbing the kitchen knife she was going to use to skin the other wrapped leopards earlier, with a short prayer Fia drove it towards the biting leopard's skull.

Alleria Ethera

Team Karaoke, Adarid Slums.

Get out of the way.

"Cease what you're doing, city monsters, how dare you try to assault a child like this. State your business or begone!"'

Get out of the way.

Alleria had stopped. She danced and danced earlier, and it was clear that her aura was slightly different than what it looked like before. Perhaps it was due to her dance, but it seemed that she was somehow overtaken by the rhythm of her own movements as she confronted the people before her. The one she was chasing was there, the Farfetch'd. Alleria faintly remembered that she was trying to get her because someone needed it. Though...for what? That shouldn't matter. There's bodies there. The pile looked like awfully low

"City monsters? We're just travelers.

Were we assaulting her? We just want something from her.

She belongs to me, I think? I can't be bothered to remember. Perhaps she's not, but..."

Gwen's here. Fiona's here too. And then there's Lok. It's her duty to show them a good show, right?

"Please, get out of the way." It was nothing but an order in actuality, though the Kadabra didn't seem to move, even if he was seemingly pretty intimidated by her.

"Not that I needed you to."

With that said, she lunged towards the Kadabra, not lowering her speed as she rushed forward as her mind was focused to get towards the little girl she was chasing and removing any obstacles to get to her.

It's a show, and shows are meant to bring smiles to people. Since she smiled, the show is a success.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
S.S. Showdown

Seeing that the first fireball had hit its mark and knowing that his prior training had been worthwhile, Cabrakan charged up two more Supreme Fireball Deluxes at the same time. He'd intended to fling both of them at the Avalugg Gijinka as well in an effort to finish him off but, seeing the Avalanche coming his way, he had to react quickly. So he brought the two fireballs in front of him, aiming to melt as much as the ice as possible before the avalanche itself came anywhere near him. Of course, Cabrakan was expecting to still have to tank some damage, but seeing as the avalanche was so weak, he managed to nullify any effect that it would ever have on him... aside from slushy water rushing past his feet and throughout the rest of the deck, that is. Realizing this, Cabrakan laughed it off.

"Nice try!" Cabrakan scoffed uncharacteristically, "But this is the point where your life is forfeit!"

The Avalugg had recovered off the damage, but Cabrakan had anticipated such a capability the whole time; hence what initially looked to be overkill with two fireballs at hand. He immediately fired the first one, throwing it off course last time, except here he even went the extra mile and slowed the fireball down with his telekinesis. If the Avalugg had learnt his lesson, his attention would be forced on this fireball since it was the one that landed on his back... and that's when Cabrakan would fire the second one straight for him at its normal speed. It was extremely unlikely that the Avalugg would see this second fireball coming assuming everything went exactly to plan, but even if he did, Cabrakan would bring the first one back round and hit him with it while he was still in mid-dodge. And only one of these fireballs would be enough to weaken him back down to the state that he was at before he recovered. He then turned to his original two companions in Scarlet and Taiga, who he'd noted were hatching a separate plan of their own.

"Whatever you two are devising, now would be the time to put it into motion," Cabrakan told the two of them.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Road to Pride Rock

It was safe to say that Beatrice had not been expecting a leopard to lunge straight onto her, effectively headbutt her in order save the other leopards from being pile-drove onto and manage to latch onto her shoulder using its claws and fangs to grapple her with... all in as near as made no difference the same time as well. No doubt the leopard had been trying to shred her arm off the entire time that she prepared the next dive bomb, but Beatrice counteracted that by picking up even more speed; even more than what terminal velocity would normally allow. This seemed enough to force the leopard to prioritize on hanging on for dear life.

Denku had caused an Earthquake as he landed, which had put out of commission all the leopards that were still on the ground. And Fjanna had propelled herself in the air and tried to stab the leopard still attached to Beatrice's shoulder with a knife. But Beatrice was having none of it; she wanted the honor of having the final kill, and Fjanna would be damned if she managed to steal it from under her nose. So she spun 90o to the left, ensuring the leopard would miss the knife, but gave Fjanna a reassuring smirk. This then transformed into a genuine smile as time seemed to slow down, before Beatrice gave Fjanna a small kiss on the nose, as if to thank her for everything she'd done, and shot straight past her again, keeping the attached leopard relatively unharmed... for now.

Beatrice continued to soar straight towards the ground as time seemed to speed back up again, but immediately changed her course and the last second. She swooped back up as she came underneath the bridge that the Pyroar Gijinka had been guarding, keeping her shoulder up so that the leopard would suffer the most​ of the impact that was to come. The yellow aura fully dissipated just as Beatrice finished her ascent, but she and the leopard were still careening for the bridge's underside nonetheless.

Kazo heard it as he dug. He didn't know how he did, but he could faintly hear Ari yelling... crying out in pain. That caused something inside Kazo to ignite. A flame of anger...? He wasn't exactly sure, but he knew he had to get back to where they were. Thankfully, Kah's temper was actually helping him, as her roar and her footsteps made her easy to track. He quickly followed the rampaging dragon's path of destruction, popping out of the ground just in time to see Kah leap at... wait, was that Ow the Edgelord? What was he doing here?

Denku grunted as he stood up. His chest was starting to hurt... that meant the good times were about to start. He began coughing into his mask, grateful that Fia and Bea was too distracted by the last leopard to notice his moment of weakness. As he coughed, he felt something warm and sticky being expelled from his mouth. Well... crap. He must have used more energy than he thought... he usually could last longer before he started coughing up blood.

Then again, he never really fought after a day's worth of journeying... it was either that or his suspicions were correct and his condition was worsening... He hoped that wasn't the case. He was on a time limit as it was. He straightened himself up and suppressed his coughing in time to see Bea flying straight for the bridge underside.

What a reckless girl. 

Team Mac, Edge of Forest to Southshore

Edgelord smiled as he heard the approaching Dragon. What a reckless, stupid, jabroni that one was. It suited his purposes just fine though. As he heard her emerge from the forest he turned dramatically, revealing the injured Mac in his arms, blade to her throat. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He said coldly, pressing the blade to the girl's throat, drawing a slight trickle of blood.

To ensure that Kah wouldn't reach him, he activated his special move, Null Blade. A dark blade formed from energy shot from the ground near Edgelord's feet, aiming to thrust through Kah's body.

"Now that you're here I've got a proposition. I won't kill the girl, if you can beat me in a fight. But I'm not letting her go except on one condition." His smile widened and a sadistic glint appeared in his eyes. "I know there's another Dragon somewhere around here. Fight him, whichever one wins can challenge me."

Team Sexual Tension, the Bridge to Pride Rock

The Pyroar didn't stop Fia as she attempted to go assist her friend. In fact, they seemed pleased by her action, and nodded approvingly. They didn't even take note of what was going on with the one male of the group.

However when Bea took off like that they braced themselves, ready to attack if she tried to force past them. But instead...she went under the bridge? The leopard didn't seem to have expected such a thing but continued to grip onto her shoulder. This time in pure panic. However as it hit the bridge, and its spine was shattered, it could hold on no longer. Both it, and Bea, fell into the water. A slow moving, five foot deep, river of water.

The Pyroar didn't know what to make of this, though they all agreed it was strange, as they called out to Fia. "If you want passage to Pride Rock, come with us. The other two may accompany you unless they do something to disrespect our King. But you must take responsibility for their actions, Fire Child. Be Prepared for any consequences."

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Road to Pride Rock

Just as she slammed into the underside of the bridge, Beatrice found herself falling into the river alongside the leopard that was previously latched onto her shoulder. The leopard would be doomed to drown and drift away in the current, but Beatrice, despite the dizzyness she was feeling this whole due the side effects of the aura diminishing, eventually managed to resurface somewhere in the middle of the river itself. However, it was only after she resurfaced that the confusing nature Beatrice's swimming pattern would be unveiled... and that would only be the case for those who were watching her since her resurface.

First she tried to swim against the current, but her strength failed her. Then she tried swimming with the current, though that was leading her nowhere. Beatrice then swam towards one edge, then doubled-back for no apparent reason, then started swimming in circles and even dived back down momentarily, continuing to swim in figure eights underwater before managing to resurface yet again. It was clear that her dizzyness was drastically affecting her judgment, cause otherwise she could've easily swam her way back to shore by now... and perhaps find out just how badly she was drenched. And all the while her body was being pushed along by the current. Eventually, realizing there was nothing she could do to keep herself close to the others, Beatrice finally sought help.

"GUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, "I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M SWIMMING!!"

She could only help her voice was loud enough for either Fjanna or Denku to see her current dilemma.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)

"Now that you're here I've got a proposition. I won't kill the girl, if you can beat me in a fight. But I'm not letting her go except on one condition. I know there's another Dragon somewhere around here. Fight him, whichever one wins can challenge me."

What a disgusting..."person" was too generous. What a disgusting, shameless, spineless insect, fit only to be crushed under the heels of somebody better than him (pretty low bar). Kah was practically breathing smoke at this point, but even in her blind rage, Kah could make a plan...sort of. It probably wasn't the best plan out there, but it would have to do. This wasn't exactly a situation where one would have time to stop and formulate a detailed plan of attack against the loathsome insect. Turning around and gripping Kazo by the neck, Kah muttered only six words before beginning her assault.

"Get the whelps out of here."

After that, she was swift and merciless. She slammed the other dragon to the ground, and picked him back up only to punch him right in the face, then finally throw him back into the trees with a powered-up throw. She didn't put her dragon power behind the attacks, however. She only wanted to rough Kazo up, not kill him. Besides, there was somebody here who deserved the full extent of the Hydreigon's power far more than he ever did.

"I wouldn't call that a fight," Kah growled, turning to face Edgelord once again. "Maybe you'll be more satisfying...maybe." This man was probably not somebody Kah had to use her full strength against. He was no doubt strong, but it was unlikely that it was to the extent of Regirock had been. For personal reasons, however, she'd be more than happy to fully indulge herself with this fight regardless. If glares could kill, she'd be a walking apocalypse with the look on her face.

Well, it seemed Whisper's panicked punch had worked out reasonably well all things considered. The Legend backed up about a step, and when he retaliated Easter had her back. Really, she wasn't sure how she would have done against this legend without him. In any case, there was still a battle to fight and she had to get back into it. Once more taking hold of her weapon in both hands, she sprung into action as those shock waves rushed out. She strafed away from their intended course, hoping to either outpace them completely or else simply force the Legend into a position where he could no longer strike at them both simultaneously. Whatever the case, as the third and final one of them rushed out across the land she readied herself to strike back. The change of position was also advantageous, in that it would let her avoid potentially striking Easter with this. With another muttered prayer to Darkrai, she knelt down and struck the ground with her fist, her blade coming to rest against her back with its edge up. The motion, while unnecessary in actually unleashing that rushing tide of darkness, was intended to hopefully drop her under the legend's arm as he threw his punch. She did not bother waiting to see if she stunned Entei or not, she simply raised her hand from the ground and grasped the hilt of her blade and brought it forward in a sweeping downward arc.

Okay, there was one thing Kazo had learned today. He was not a masochist, not by a long shot. Sure, he was still traveling with these people, which could be considered points towards masochism, but, hey, whatever. Kah had both choke slammed and punched Kazo across the face before throwing him into the trees, making him vanish between the trees. 

When he landed, he had to pause to calm his breathing. He honestly started to panic when Kah grabbed him... it gave him flashbacks to when he was bullied as a kid. It made him wonder why the hell he still followed this group. At this point, he was starting to believe the scary as hell but hot Sharpedo was a better choice to follow, and he thought she could eat him at any moment...

A minute later, he was calm enough to start digging again, going under the safe ground and burrowing towards Ari. He was farther from the fight, and more than likely to not be right next to Edgelord, which means there was less of a chance to mess this up. When he found where Ari was, he reached up, his hands breaking the soil as he grabbed Ari and swiftly pulling him under the ground, covering his mouth as he did, so a cry of fear wouldn't ruin this.

"Stay quiet and follow me," Kazo said, swiftly digging away, leaving a tunnel for Ari to crawl through.

"GUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, "I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M SWIMMING!!" Denku didn't hesitate to dive in the water. It wasn't like he was going to send the seventeen year old Fire/Bug to leap into water, no matter how mature she acted. Still, there was probably something he should admit...

He couldn't swim. Being part Rock didn't help, because he sunk like his type implied. Then again, being a Pupitar had a bit of a perk when it came to dealing with water. Using the pressurized gas his body naturally produce would propel him through the water like a speedboat. It didn't take long for Denku to get to get to Bea, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her in close before propelling himself towards the shore. 

He was able to pull himself and Bea to the solid ground before flopping over, the cold water and attack he had earlier sapping away the little strength he had left. Some water even got in his mask, but that washed away the blood, so that was okay.

"You... doing okay...?" Denku asked, fatigue laced in his voice. Dammit, he was caring. Why was he caring?! Caring made it hurt more, thinking of the day he would eventually leave... Son of a Mightyena, he needed to stop it.

Team Mac, Edge of Forest to Southshore

Edgelord cocked his head to the side as he watched Kah obliterate the other dragon. He shrugged as she turned around. "Guess I expected more from a Dragon. Looks like you guys aren't as tough as you always say, hmm? Suppose that's fine. I get to show you what a Bug can really do."

He removed the blade from Mac's throat, and slammed his elbow into the side of her head, knocking her out before she could even respond. As her body fell, Edgelord stepped forward, cracking his neck while approaching Kah. "Time to slay a Dragon. I've gotten stronger since we last met, you're nothing compared to me now." As he moved, a glow formed around his body, as he Focused his Energy. 

He shot towards Kah quickly, attacking with heightened speed. However he wasn't heading directly towards Kah at all, he missed her entirely and leaped up into a nearby tree. Once there he turned towards his foe and slashed the air in front of him, sending cutting winds towards Kah at high speed.

Ari seemed surprised, but groggy, as Kazo showed up. Not really realizing what he was doing he climbed, practically falling, into the hole. But...what about Mac?

Team Sexual Tension, Bridge to Pride Rock

The Pyroar seemed slightly impressed that the Gijinka had taken the risk for their ally. Though they were less than impressed with the Beedrill, and one made an off-hand comment about the ability to swim being important.

Two of them approached Fia, and told them if they wanted to cross the bridge they'd have to go now. And, without waiting, they headed over the bridge.

The other side was much the same as the one they came from. Savanna and tall grassland as far as the eye could see.
Off to the south-west was a strange sight. There seemed to be dark clouds above the land, which seemed broken and barren. Rocky craigs were all over the land, and it gave off a menacing impression.

The Pyroar said nothing about this place, but it could be noticed they avoided looking in that direction. They were heading north, where way off in the distance could be spotted some outcroppings of rocks.

They informed Fia, noticeably only focusing on her, that they should reach their destination in two days.

The trip was mostly uneventful. A few random animal attacks that were taken care of by the Pyroar soldiers, and occasionally coming across more Pyroar patrols. When this would happen the Pyroar would begin speaking in their strange language, talking about the strangers.

On the second evening after they crossed the bridge, they found themselves at Pride Rock.

It was the largest of all the rock outcroppings they've encountered. There was a long shelf of land that stuck out from near the top of what could be describes as a small mountain. There was a single, ten foot wide, entrance at the bottom of said mountain, where a dozen guards stood in two lines of six on either side.

"We have arrived." The Pyroar told the group.

Team WTF, Entei Fight

Easter hadn't been able to dodge out of the way of the shockwave and thus tumbled over and over, landing on his back with a groan. As he got to his feet, he noticed Whisper doing some maneuvers that had managed to get her into position to strike Entei....And the blade went through the Legends body.

Entei growled as he felt the cold grip of darkness course through his body. This was it, the girl had pushed him to that edge, finally she was showing him some actual strength. It could be possible that she would be useful against that one.

But he wasn't about to end it now. Not that he could at this point.

Entei dropped down to a knee, breath coming in raggedly as he started to laugh. He felt the poison burning away inside, and then he simply felt...burning.

Golden flames erupted around Entei as he let out an otherworldly roar. The air itself seemed to shimmer around him as he stood to his feet, seemingly recovered from his earlier wounds. However that wasn't the only change. His eyes were now a deep red and he seemed larger somehow.

Anyone who was looking who had any experience would be able to tell that the man was somehow stronger than before. And the Sacred Fire that erupted from the palm he raised moved even faster than any previously.

However a power this great surely couldn't last forever....right?

The Slums Team Karaoke

No matter how fast Lok tried to chase after, the Farfetch'd was simply too quick. He gave his best shot at chasing her, but he could see her slowly but surely getting farther and farther. At least Alleria seemed to be keeping up with her - whatever he weird running was, it was definitely working. Plus, they had seemed to run into a pile of something - maybe that would slow her down. Or at least he thought that, before the Farfetch'd vaulted over the pile of what seemed to be bodies.

Stopping them was a Kadabra. "Cease what you're doing, city monsters, how dare you try to assault a child like this. State your business or begone!" Lok had stopped, doubling over with his arms on his knees. Even though he had not actually ran, he was still exhausted. "M-Monsters? We're just,,," he took a minute to take a breath "...just trying to stop a thief, that's a-"

"Please, get out of the way." Lok turned his head to Alleria, whom seemed to not be exhausted at all. "Not that I needed you to." She sounded extremely menacingly, like as if she was threatening him. No, it sounded more like a fact. "I don't thi-" before he could get any other word in, she had already rushed at the Kadabra. "Wait!" He started to chase after her but stopped shortly, doubling over again to take a breather.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

ive5D0e.png?2

Everyone seemed to be tidying up the ship's deck.  Things were finally coming to a close.  With the Avalugg being pushed back by their assault, the end of this fight was certainly in sight.  

"Fufu...Looks like we can dial it down a notch!  Your girl's getting a little winded over here!"

As soon as he she had spoken, a crash of ice fell down along the entire topside of the ship.  

"Ahh bloody bugga-" was all she had time to utter before her whole body was pelted by tiny bits of icy shrapnel.  It was incredibly painful...probably the most powerful attack she had been hit by in quite a while.  There was no room to dodge the volley either...unless she was thinking about plunging head first into the arctic waters below.  She withstood the brunt of the attack, but blood could be seen pooling beneath her.  As soon as the avalanche let up, she looked to the Avalugg to see it glowing...and repairing its minor wounds.  

"Are you kidding me?!  Now we gotta work twice as hard to kill this giant ice cube!"  

"Taiga!  We need to finish this bastard off, and I have a plan!"

Taiga rushed over to Scarlet.

"What's the plan, red?" 

" Let me ride one of your waterfall with you! We'll finish it off - together!"

Taiga's eyes widened, and a huge toothy grin traced her lips.

"I like your style!  Just be sure to end it!  I'm getting bored fighting all these wanna be popsicles!"  

"Whatever you two are devising, now would be the time to put it into motion,"

"Shut it you old coot!  We'll bring this guy down in a jiffy!"  Taiga put the plan into motion, as a giant pillar of water appeared beneath her.   She had almost forgot to bring Scarlet up with her, and hooked Scarlet's arm with hers.  "Going up!"  She snickered as the tower of water climbed higher and higher.  It moved swiftly over to where the Avalugg stood, and was on a crash course with it.  

S.S. Showdown Team Showdown

Scarlet had a feeling that Taiga would go along with her plan - the insane stunt type of attack seemed to fit her style. "Whatever you two are devising, now would be the time to put it into motion." Scarlet turned to Cabrakan, and gave him a smile, before almost missing her waterfall express towards the hulking behemoth. "Going up!" The pillar of water accelerated, shooting the daring duo higher and higher, thrusting dangerously towards the Avalugg. Scarlet prepared herself to slam her Bullet Punch right into the Avalugg as soon as the tidal wave crashed. Hopefully this would finish him off.

Team Showdown, S.S. Showdown Deck

The Avalugg noticed the fireball. And noticed how slow it was going. It didn’t matter then. He decided to just focus its efforts on what was in front of him. Which is why he prepared to charge into the fray once more, and crush the puny Gijinka where they stood.

But then another fireball came at him, faster than the other, and he had to move to the side to avoid being hit by it. This meant that he was on the move when the other two came crashing towards him. They had been moving quite fast, and he wasn’t swift enough to do anything about it, being hit at the same time by two strong physical blows. He grunted at the impact and stumbled back, towards the edge of the ship. He flailed as he tried to keep his balance...

And then was struck in the chest by a powerful blast of water, and the same energy beam as before, and toppled over the deck. Letting loose a roar while he fell, the strange Avalugg crashed into the water far below them.

Leaning on Apanie for support, Captain glanced around at the three. “Looks like it’s all over. Bit sloppy I admit but those bastards won’t be trying that again any time soon. Damn I’m good.” He said with a tired laugh, flipping his hair out of his eyes. He glanced over at the group of injured Rotom and his gaze darkened. “Damn it...What were they even doing here?”
Apanie spoke, seemingly bored with the entire situation. “It seems some of them went below deck. There’s a missing Froslass too.”

Captain cursed again, several in succession, before calling out to Clyde. “We need to search the boat quick. If they’re after...that, we could be in some serious sheet. Apanie, stay here...with them.” He looked at the group and, eyes dangerously serious, spoke. “Stay. Here.”

Clyde and Captain went below deck, and Apanie shrugged at the other three and returned to the rest of the crew, where the injured were being administered aid.

Half an hour passed when Clyde came up to the deck and went straight for Apanie. “We couldn’t find anyone, but it ain’t looking good. It’s gone. Captain locked himself into his room. He was sayin’ how he funked up, like last time. Tried to tell him it’s nothing like that...no one died after all. But you know how he gets.”
Clyde seemed to only then remember that there were others on board. “Sorry bout all this, seems your trip got a wee bit more exciting than you expected, eh?” Though he tried to be friendly and chipper it was clear there was stress, and fear, in his voice.

Team Karaoke, Adarid Slums

Gwen put her hand on Lok’s back, trying to comfort the obviously uncomfortable ghost. He had tried to follow Alleria but seemed worn out. She reached into her bag to bring out an Energy Root. “It’s bitter but it will help you, well, get back your energy.” She said softly.

The Kadabra gave pause when he saw Lok. He seemed young, and innocent. Maybe...The thought was interrupted as Alleria came at him with obviously aggressive intent. “Fine, if that’s how it is, I...Wait, stop, don’t show yourselves it’s not safe!” He yelled out seemingly to no one, but then there was a sudden...change.

Alleria stopped moving, as a blue glow surrounded her body, and she was held in place by a Psychic power. She could move, slowly, but it was obvious something stronger than the Kadabra was behind this.
And then from inside of one of the make-shift houses came what appeared to be three young Gijinka. Though they all had a presence about them. Alleria would recognize them as the Gijinka that were depicted on the ceiling of the Opera Hall.

The group would find themselves with sudden knowledge of their names. Azelf, Mespirit, and Uxie. A trio of Legendary Gijinka.
The yellow one, Uxie, seemed to be injured and sickly, and was clinging onto Mespirit.
The blue Legend, Azelf, seemed to be the one holding Alleria in place. He forced her to stop moving entirely before breaking the hold. “What are you doing here? You don’t have reason to do this. That book is ours, the child was just bringing it back to us, to help our companion. If you want it back, so be it, we know its contents already. But do not harm the child, they only want to help. Effie, you were very brave, come out now...wait...no. Stay where you are. Everyone, leave us. Now!” Azelf glared at the group suddenly as the other Gijinka scattered suddenly. “What is your true intent here?” He asked each of the group. The words seemed odd coming from such a small Gijinka. However there was such forceful charisma, a strong willpower, behind the words that they all could tell he wasn’t one to take lightly.

Gwen shakily floated forward. “Mr. Legend, er, that is, it’s just... We don’t have any other intent. What you said is what I wanted. I just...wanted to talk to the Farfetch’d and return the book. Please, our group is innocent, I promise. We don’t want to cause any trouble. Alleria is just...overeager.”

Fianna Vaia Livrais

Team UST, Pride Rock

"We have arrived."

The pilgrimage was uneventful. Fia was at least able to get enough resource from skinning and cutting up the dead or captured leopards in preparation for the two days trek towards Pride Rock. Some wild animals still attacked the group, but it seemed that her faith had convinced the Pyroar soldiers to follow her lead so these obstacles could be handled efficiently. Denku and Bea was remarkably pretty quiet during the time of the trip, but perhaps it was just her not paying much attention to things as she was focusing on recovering herself.

Before her now was a narrow walkway towards a mountain, with soldiers standing on both of its sides. It was like a regal entrance, fitting for one with noble blood. It was quite something to be grateful of that these lions see the light she carried inside. They seemed to be aware of the true purpose of her holy journey, and now they would be leading her to the correct path. Keeping a pleasant, if not a bit hollow smile on her face, she walked through the walkway, towards what lie beyond it. Fate did not disappoint her this time, either. No matter what happened, it always know what's best for her.

"Here I am, Fjanna Vaia Livrais, a wanderer. I might be physically frail, but the destiny of the flames I carry is the flames that will illuminate an age.

I am now here, at behest of everyone. The turn of fate had led me and my two children here. She never acts meaninglessly, so I am sure that destiny has something in mind when she led us to this domain.

In that case, let the light of the dancing flames illuminate the truth."

Caelestia Terpsichora Aetheris

"Legends..."

Alleria muttered softly as she, in her suspended state, watched the three young Psychics appeared behind the Kadabra. While she was not entirely amused about the fact she was unable to move properly for a while, the fact that the legends appeared before her was something she was actually appreciated, with a glee unfitting of her normal self's persona.

“What are you doing here? You don’t have reason to do this. That book is ours, the child was just bringing it back to us, to help our companion. If you want it back, so be it, we know its contents already. But do not harm the child, they only want to help. Effie, you were very brave, come out now...wait...no. Stay where you are. Everyone, leave us. Now!”

Alleria could feel the hold the Psychic-type softened on her, allowing her to move again. Of course, she's not dumb enough to continue whatever she had in mind, and simply retreated a bit to be able to observe the situation more properly. She could feel the power emanating from the three legendary psychics, even if their corporeal body was that of young boys. Although...young boys...that would make it more fun in hindsight. While Alleria was not exactly on a properly passive mind when she entered the slums, there's just that one thing that prompted a small change in her attitude with the fleeing Farfetch'd, the pitiful Kadabra standing before pile of dead bodies, and especially these three young legendaries.

“What is your true intent here?”

Words are power. And a legend's words carried incomparable amount of weight behind them. A forceful kind of unnatural charisma granted to their status as legends, it could be said that it gave off a kind of pressure that would make it hard for people to resist them, even if the three did not use their psychic powers.

. “Mr. Legend, er, that is, it’s just... We don’t have any other intent. What you said is what I wanted. I just...wanted to talk to the Farfetch’d and return the book. Please, our group is innocent, I promise. We don’t want to cause any trouble. Alleria is just...overeager.”

Wait, no. No, that would just...

That would just make a boring story1 A boring show! As an entertainer, letting that happen before her eyes would mean that she's failing at the only thing she's supposed to do. No way would she let that happen.

"Well, she's right. We're here to retrieve the book. Stealing is bad, after all. What are you three doing here anyway? Divine beings mingling with the lowest denominator of people, isn't it a bit unfitting?

But that's not too important.

More important question. Any of you know about a certain dragon named Rayquaza? I believe both of us owed each other something and I've been searching for him for a while."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

ive5D0e.png?2

“Looks like it’s all over. Bit sloppy I admit but those bastards won’t be trying that again any time soon. Damn I’m good.”

Taiga looked to Captain with a smug look on her face.  

"Yeah...one beam chump...you really did the heavy lifting in that fight.  Fufufufu!  What a joke."

“We need to search the boat quick. If they’re after...that, we could be in some serious sheet. Apanie, stay here...with them.  Stay. Here.”

Taiga flinched...those last few words in his sentence seemed almost like death threats.  What could they be hiding on this ship that was worth a damn?  Now she was intrigued.  Taiga was a treasure hunter after all...if there was something she could get her hands on among all these injured Gijinka, she'd have no problem snatching it from under their noses.  However, she finally collapsed and fell onto her back.  Blood slowly leaked onto the ship's deck.  She must've taken more damage than she thought.  

"Fufu...no use.  Might as well just enjoy the rest of the trip."  

Clyde stepped out from under the ship's haul.  His face looked concerned.  

“We couldn’t find anyone, but it ain’t looking good. It’s gone. Captain locked himself into his room. He was sayin’ how he funked up, like last time. Tried to tell him it’s nothing like that...no one died after all. But you know how he gets.  Sorry bout all this, seems your trip got a wee bit more exciting than you expected, eh?” 

"We better get a damn refund!  Hell, we should get a reward for saving this sorry excuse of a ship!"  Taiga's words were cruel, but she had to admit that she was a little miffed.  Taking all this damage for people she barely even knew.  If Scarlet wasn't here, she would have surely jumped ship and made it to her destination by herself.  "And what the hell is IT eh?!  What was so special that ice gijinka would attack a vessel full of strong looking Gijinka!?"  Another thought crossed her mind.  "And if he didn't wanna lose IT so badly, maybe he should've started us off in the sky and not in hostile waters!"  

Whisper expected the fight to end once her blade sailed through the Legend's body. She expected him to admit defeat and get on to training her, so that she could go out and properly hunt down the Godslayer...but it was not to be. The moment she struck him down, he seemingly became stronger than he had been just moments ago. The golden flames that wreathed him forced her to step back in the hopes of avoiding being burned alive. The worst part was how much stronger he seemed, appearing now almost more like a demon than a god, and the swiftness with which he sent that blessed fire rushing towards her was unnerving to say the least.

It was all that she could do to twist out of the way of that strike, barely managing it even as the flames singed the end of her scarf. This was bad for a great many reasons. So it was that she found herself praying again to Darkrai, or perhaps pleading for his help was a better way of putting it. She begged her lord to watch over her, to see her through this fight so that she could correct the insult that had been done to him by the order's destruction, and to deliver her safely to her final resting place if she should fall. As if in answer to her prayer, the darkness once more wreathed around her and exploded out in a crashing wave that she hoped could buy her some time against the legend. Even as it did, she poured more of her power into her mighty blade until it was so dark that it seemed light was being sucked into it. Prepared as she was, she lashed out at the legend's legs in the hopes of cleaving one of them off to stop his pursuit of her, or to at least slow him down enough that she had a chance.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)

"Time to slay a Dragon. I've gotten stronger since we last met, you're nothing compared to me now."

Somebody sounds full of himself. Guess the best way to fix that is to--

Before Kah even had the chance to finish that thought, Edgelord was on the move! He clearly wanted this fight wrapped up quickly, and while Kah could definitely agree with him on that much, that was where the agreement ended. She wanted him incapacitated quickly, but then she'd want to teach this honorless bug just who he was dealing with, and she'd be sure to savor the lesson. Kah reached out to grab the bug mid-flight...but missed. Okay, he was faster than she'd given credit for. Turning around to face Edgelord, Kah was met by cutting gales of wind. Pressing her feet down against the ground and leaning slightly forward to hold her footing, and squinting her eyes to keep dirt out, Kah looked toward her target. She wanted to just end this by exhaling a blast of flames on the bug, but that didn't seem like the best idea with the wind blowing at her.

Plan B. Power welled up in front of Kah, creating a glowing violet sphere. A sphere she gripped and aimed at Edgelord, before firing a Pulse of Dragon power at the wretched creature. This wasn't the fire she'd have preferred, but that didn't mean it couldn't pack a nasty punch regardless.

The Slums Team Karaoke

“It’s bitter but it will help you, well, get back your energy.” Lok looked up at Gwen before taking the strange plant that she had given him. He nearly spat out the fist that he had bitten from the it. Muscling through the bitterness, he consumed the rest of the root. “Fine, if that’s how it is, I...Wait, stop, don’t show yourselves it’s not safe!” The Kadabra seemed to shout at the crowd randomly. Before the knew it, however, Alleria was suspended in the air - a blue glow surrounded her body. The group of 3 young looking Gijinka that emerged from the crowd were clearly holding her with some sort of Psychic power. Lok didn't recognize them at first, until words seemed to just blossom inside his mind - Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie. 

“What are you doing here? You don’t have reason to do this. That book is ours, the child was just bringing it back to us, to help our companion. If you want it back, so be it, we know its contents already. But do not harm the child, they only want to help. Effie, you were very brave, come out now...wait...no. Stay where you are. Everyone, leave us. Now!” Despite his unformidable form, it was clear that Azelf was not one to mess with. “What is your true intent here?”

"W-We just wanted to return the book to the library...." Lok said, hiding behind Gwen. He couldn't understand why, but this little Legendary was outright terrifying to him. 

S.S. Showdown Team Showdown

There plan had worked like a charm - the Avalugg had not seen it coming. Before they knew it the big hulking monster had fallen off the ship. “Looks like it’s all over. Bit sloppy I admit but those bastards won’t be trying that again any time soon. Damn I’m good.” While his words and grin tried to radiate confidence, the tiredness of his voice could not be ignored. He also looked much more drained than he was when they first arrived. “Damn it...What were they even doing here?”He was clearly troubled. Before Scarlet could try and console the captain, however, Apaine spoke in a bored monotone. “It seems some of them went below deck. There’s a missing Froslass too.”

“We need to search the boat quick. If they’re after...that, we could be in some serious s***. Apanie, stay here...with them." The captain seemed to leer at the group with deathy seriousness that Scarlet had not seen nor expected from the usually upbeat catpain. "Stay. Here.” Before Scarlet could question the captain, however, Taiga had collapsed. "Taiga!" She rushed towards her, holding Taiga in her arms. She was bleeding from seemingly everywhere. Before she could check on her pulse, however, Taiga spoke. "Fufu...no use.  Might as well just enjoy the rest of the trip." Scarlet let out a sigh of relief. "Yeah...let's just relax now..." She looked up at the sky. She could feel that their adventures had merely started. They might as well take one of their few chances to relax.

. . .

After half an hour, Clyde emerged from the deck. “We couldn’t find anyone, but it ain’t looking good. It’s gone. Captain locked himself into his room. He was sayin’ how he f***ed up, like last time. Tried to tell him it’s nothing like that...no one died after all. But you know how he gets.  Sorry bout all this, seems your trip got a wee bit more exciting than you expected, eh?” 

"We better get a damn refund!  Hell, we should get a reward for saving this sorry excuse of a ship!" Taiga erupted. She was clearly upset about the whole situation, and who could blame her. Out of the whole group, she seemed to be the one that had taken the most damage. "Taiga, p-!" Before Scarlet could finished, Taiga continued on. "And what the hell is IT eh?!  What was so special that ice gijinka would attack a vessel full of strong looking Gijinka!? And if he didn't wanna lose IT so badly, maybe he should've started us off in the sky and not in hostile waters!" As much as she wanted to scold Taiga, she had a point. What was so important that a gang of Ice-type would attack them. Still, just arguing wasn't going to solve anything. "Taiga, look!" She grabbed her by the shoulder "I know you're upset - and rightfully so - but arguing right now isn't going to solve anything!" She turned to Clyde. "I think, after risking our lives for you guys, we at least deserve an explanation" She started walking towards him. "Let's start with what 'it' is, and why those icey bastards attacked the ship for it." She had a very stern look on her face.

Team Sexual Tension, Pride Rock

The guards at the entrance murmured at Fia's words, seemingly impressed. They regarded her with some sort of interest and a hint of respect, especially when the escorts announced her as the guest they had sent word about. None of the group had seen any sort of message being sent, but evidently it had been.

They were let past the guards and into the small mountain itself.

The inside was massive, a wide hallway stretching for hundreds of feet. Torches covered the walls enough to light the path the entire way. On either side the walls were peppered here and there with holes that stretched into tunnels. The guards escorting them, one in front and one in back, explained that these led to various homes and rooms used for cooking, making goods, and other such things. There were vendors who set up shop in Pride Rock, most of whom were always happy for new customers. Though the guards seemed to not want to explain where anything was. Evidently there were no maps of the area and if they wanted to find anything they'd have to guess. They shared some joke with each other about visitors being lost for an entire day trying to find a food shop.

As they neared the end of the hallway they heard a faint singing, that suddenly swelled into a loud

that was being sung by a large group of Gijinka. Members of the Pyroar line, as well as some from the Luxray and Zebstrika line, were doing some kind of tribal dance while singing, seemingly in high spirits.

The two escorts nodded to a pair of more Pyroar, and explained who they were. They waited for the song to finish, and the people involved to break off from their circle and separate into smaller groups.

The cavern they entered now was large, able to fit dozens of Gijinka easily, with a huge bonfire in the middle of the room. At the far end of the cavern was a stairway that led to a raised platform on which several Gijinka stood, or sat in two cases.

There was four more Pyroar guards, a pompous looking Chatot, a single Zebstrika, a beautiful and kind looking female Pyroar, who sat on a cushion next to the throne in the middle.

On that throne sat a Pyroar, sitting tall and proud, regal. With a Luxray standing at his left. These two Gijinka seemed to resemble each other, despite their different species.

As the group were ushered towards them, the Luxray said something to the man on the throne, who waved him off with a smile. The Luxray didn't seem happy about this but didn't speak farther.

One of the Pyroar guards on the platform stepped forward. "You now stand before The King of Pride Rock, kneel and show your respect." He glared at the group until they knelt, unnerving each of them with his gaze. "You, young Larvesta, have been brought here by request. If your companions have anything to say, they must wait until you answer our King."

With that, he backed away. The king gazed at each of them. They could sense a great aura of power about him, but also a hint of sadness that seemed to stem from something unrelated to their arrival. "Welcome, honored guests." He had a deep, rumbling, and powerful voice. And as he spoke everyone in the room stood just a bit taller.  "There is much to say, and much to ask, I am sure. However you were brought here because of the power this one displayed." He was gazing directly at Fia, seemingly trying to look into her very soul. "You have some connection with the great Flame of Rebirth. We of Pride Rock have much respect for the beings known to most of the world as Legendaries, and she is one of the greatest. If you are willing, I would like to give you tests, to see if you have in you the ability to commune with the Flame of Rebirth. As for your companions..." He smiled warmly at the other two. "I apologize for the coldness my soldiers must have shown you. We have had many troubles with outsiders in the past. But be assured you are very welcome in my home. And to prove that, we shall now have a feast to honor your arrival!"

After giving time for response, the Chatot clapped his hands. "Servants! Bring out the food!" At his words Zebstrika Gijinka came from the hallway, carrying large amounts of food, mostly fruit and meat, out towards the platform. It seemed that there were no tables, nor utensils. After the king, and everyone on the platform, began eating, so did everyone else, tearing into the food, and telling stories and jokes between one another.

There were several that came up to speak with the group, all addressing them as "Honored guest" and many asking to hear of their exploits. Several young females approached Denku nervously, didn't say much, and left with embarrassed giggles. And even more young males approached Bea, all telling her of their feats of strength and courage. Strangely none seemed to approach Fia, all of them regarding her with a kind of awe and curiosity.

The king himself spoke with them whenever addressed, and he seemed to go out of the way to speak with as many of his people as possible. The man beside him even came down to directly speak with them after a while. His voice was almost as commanding, and powerful, as the king's. However it was not as deep, not as warm. "Hello, honored guests. It's such a delight to speak with you. I am James, brother of the king, and tactician. Though without any wars my position is more a formality." He chuckled darkly at this, then continued. "I must say you are much different than I expected. But I'm sure we'll be able to have many interesting talks before you leave."

The only one that didn't seem to speak much was the Zebstrika that stood on the platform. Where even the Pyroar guards interacted with the others, he stood unmoving and sullen, staring at the group obviously and without any attempts to hide it.

"Well, she's right. We're here to retrieve the book. Stealing is bad, after all. What are you three doing here anyway? Divine beings mingling with the lowest denominator of people, isn't it a bit unfitting?

But that's not too important.

More important question. Any of you know about a certain dragon named Rayquaza? I believe both of us owed each other something and I've been searching for him for a while."

The Legends were quiet, listening to Alleria's response, until the end. Then suddenly Mespirit spoke up. "You know Lord Rayquaza?" 

They seemed to be surprised, and a little concerned, by Alleria's words. However Azelf shut him up. "Mespirit I asked you to leave the talking to me." There was a hint of childish tone in his voice as he addressed his fellow legend, but it cleared up soon enough. "The idea Rayquaza owes you anything is doubtful. But I will tell you that finding him is not going to be so simple. But let's hear from your companion, shall we?"

He turned to Lok, who replied with a simple "W-We just wanted to return the book to the library...."

Mespirit seemed pleased by this answer, though Azelf scoffed at the reaction. "So it seems you are all in agreement. It seems you speak the truth, however..." He looked towards Gwen, and seemed to speak to her directly. "Why would you bring that one. She has clearly dark intentions. Explain yourselves now!"

Gwen's eyes widened, as she struggled to find the words. She didn't know what Azelf was talking about, she had no dark intentions at all!

However as she decided on what to say, laughter could be heard behind them. Gwen turned to see that Fiona had caught up. Only...something was wrong.

She was standing taller, more confidently, and had a wicked gleam in her eyes.

"Hehe, haha, ooooh that was good. I guess I shouldn't be surprised Azelf found out so quickly. I thought I might be able to fool him with how gullible you three were." Gwen stared in shock, which seemed to amuse Fiona. "Oh, you idiots. It was so very easy to pretend to be the scared little girl." She began to pace back and forth, clearly delighting in explaining this to them all. "Yeah, that's definitely not me. Sorry, but not really, I'm no good girl. Though it was certainly worth it to have some fun with you, Alleria~. And now you've all brought me exactly what I wanted. I could tell you were Chasers different from the others, I was certain you'd find one, it was only a matter of time. I already called for my master, they'll be here soon. But first..." Her eyes suddenly flashed, and a pair of large, mean looking, eyes appeared for a moment above her head. The group, as well as the Legends, would find themselves unable to go far from this spot. She tilted her head and stared at them. "I'm waaaaiting."

The Legends reacted suddenly to this. Mespirit dragged Uxie backwards, trying to get to the edge of the trap. Azelf followed them reluctantly, and they all began to glow. A sort of barrier formed around Uxie and Mespirit, as well as stretching around the group. "Chasers, we must protect our own, and the people of the slums. You asked why we're here, Altaria, and the reason is simple. We must defend those who others would toss aside. Please help us do this, stop that vile creature. I will not endanger Uxie if I do not have to."

Team Showdown, S.S. Showdown Deck

"We better get a damn refund!  Hell, we should get a reward for saving this sorry excuse of a ship! And what the hell is IT eh?!  What was so special that ice gijinka would attack a vessel full of strong looking Gijinka!? And if he didn't wanna lose IT so badly, maybe he should've started us off in the sky and not in hostile waters!" 

Clyde seemed to be a bit put off by the sudden assault of words, but also looked like he had expected it.

"Hey if you want you can always" Edna suddenly said, shaking angrily. "Leave. I won't stop you"

Apanie spoke up then, interrupting Edna.  "We can't go into the sky often. Being attacked by Fryst soldiers is...annoying." Before she said more, Scarlet spoke up as well.

"Taiga, look! I know you're upset - and rightfully so - but arguing right now isn't going to solve anything! I think, after risking our lives for you guys, we at least deserve an explanation. Let's start with what 'it' is, and why those icey bastards attacked the ship for it."

Clyde looked at Apanie, who shrugged, before turning back to the Rotom. Clyde scratched the back of his head. "It's...a strange story. We never had any problems before cause we figured no one but those in Fryst knew we had it. And they tend to ignore us unless we spend too much time in the sky. It is a...rod. It was meant to be a gift from Skulldafn to Fryst, a sign of peace, to keep Fryst from invading or somethin' stupid like that. On its way here though, we, well. Me, Captain, and the former S.S. Showdown crew, ambushed it. We thought they were carrying treasure, but found just that thing. When we discovered what it was I wanted to toss it.. Captain thought it was too dangerous to let anyone have it." Clyde sighed deeply, before looking at each of them. "It's a way to find and control the Legendary Gijinka, Kyurem."

Team WTF, Entei Fight

Entei roared out as he took the Dark Pulse easily, seemingly not to even notice as he continued his advance on Whisper. He shot a Fire Blast at her as she stuck out at him. The flames seemed to be larger than before, glowing with a blue flame instead of the usual red, and even being near it risked a burn. However her blade did connect with the Legends leg. Whisper could feel the flames almost as though it was a solid object, preventing her from making more than a superficial wound on his actual leg. However it did seem to temporarily interupt the Legend. Though he still was able to act enough to headbutt Whisper. The force behind it was great, and the flames surrounding him seemed to give off a dizzying heat.

Easter watched the fight, and narrowed his eyes. This was intense, and there was no way he was going to risk his skin diving into that mess. He glanced over at Rei. After all, she still needed protecting. He sidled over to the Jolteon, and prepared another Wish, aiming to keep himself alive more than anything else. "Sorry Whisper." He spoke softly. "That's a risk I'm not willing to take for a stranger."

Team Mac, Edgelord Fight

Edgelord snarled as the Hydreigon counter attacked. He didn't expect his attack to do much, he was much stronger physically after all. But he didn't expect her to recover so quickly from it. Oh well. She had telegraphed her attack clearly so it wasn't too difficult for Edgelord to dodge. He dropped down from the branch he stood on and, as he did, slashed the branch into pieces. As he fell he kicked one large chunk of branch at Kah, sending a wooden projectile hurtling towards her. Then Edgelord rushed forward and leaped, forming an X with the blades that now formed on both arms, glowing a dark green, and prepared to slash with them both across the Hydreigon's chest.

Ari continued to follow Kazo, though seemed to be out of sorts, and disoriented. Eventually Kazo's digging would lead them into a small alcove, where a confused Diglett was resting in a pile of dirt in the corner. It seemed Kazo had accidentally dug right into someone's home, whoops.

Back on the surface, Mac was groggily getting up to a sitting position. She noticed the hole, and noticed Ari was gone, but was more focused on the fight in front of her. As she slowly came to she realized she had to do something to help, but was still somewhat unclear as to where she even was at the moment.

Caelestia Terpsichora Aetheris

"Hey you."

The Altaria stared at Fiona, her expression neutral. Her urge to deal with the three psychic legendary was disrupted when the usually quiet Fiona showed her true colors. Fitting for a dark type, perhaps. She was now all confident and smug, acting as if she was far from the easily manipulable girl that Alleria forced her way through the previous night. It's quite a pity, but seeing such a face having that scowl was a waste. Of course, the audience would definitely love a plot twist as sudden as this, so as an entertainer, the Altaria simply had to play along with whatever show Fiona had.

"Don't do this in front of the kids. They might pick up your bad habits. But eh, you already did it." The blue-haired young woman clenched her fists, feeling that she still had the energizing surge from tapping her draconian blood with her dance earlier. It had dissipated somewhat, but it is enough for her to do whatever she wanted to do here. "I did say last night that no way someone as shy and meek as "Fiona" would wear an outfit that constantly exposes their panties and one pull away from exposing themselves fully. But eh, I don't care.

I don't care that much that you'd try capturing or killing these three legends. I'd probably even help you, just for kicks or a chance at getting to them deeper. But see, there's this thing. You're my property now. I don't know nor care about your supposed master, but you're in my show now ever since you entered this group. Act smug all you want now. it'll make how you'd end up being all the more sweeter. 

Gwen, Lok, look closely. I'll show you how to break a mind without psychic abilities."

The Altaria was calm, almost unnaturally calm as she said all of that. The malevolent rage that usually consumed her at similar points was nowhere to be seen. She showed no anger, nor joy at her words or her thoughts of dealing with Fiona's sudden betrayal. Whispering something to herself, her hands were soon engulfed in blue flames, shaped as talons of a dragon. The Mean Look from earlier made no one on the vicinity able to escape, but for her, it only made things easier. No one's going to run away from this fight. However, she was aware that the others were naturally disadvantaged in this fight, so she wasn't expecting them to be of much use this time.

"Let's dance, shall we?"

The flames then consumed the Altaria whole...and then she just disappeared. She soon appeared behind Fiona, and started her relentless Outrage there, locking her focus to the Drapion using the speed and power she gained from the dragon dance earlier and the destructive power of her attack to push her. She had no intent on killing Fiona. No, that would be a waste. She would simply strip her from any shred of pride or dignity, then crush any light from her one by one. She would not be given any rooms to feel like she had any powers to resist, and afterwards, the proper demolishment of the traitor's mind could be started. The Altaria prefers if her trophies couldn't talk back to her, after all.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

ive5D0e.png?2

S.S. Showdown

Before she had an answer, one of the Rotoms spoke up.  

"Hey if you want you can always leave. I won't stop you"

Taiga's teeth grinded against each other.  

"Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?  You got a lot of nerve speaking to a customer like that.  Not only a customer, but one that saved this stinking ship, and your own life!  If it were up to me, I would've sure as hell jumped ship long ago."  She pointed to Scarlet.  "Too bad for me I got a shiny crimson anchor tied around my ankle.  I'd end up sinking to the bottom of this frosty abyss!"  After her outburst, Scarlet jumped on the wagon and managed to calm Taiga down...for the time being.

Clyde explained himself and the situation.  Although Taiga almost fell asleep before it even started, she did catch some important things that Clyde talked about.

"It's a way to find and control the Legendary Gijinka, Kyurem."

Great...it was a way to find a Gijinka she didn't even care about.  Kyurem's legends didn't speak anything about bountiful treasures, or it guarding immeasurable wealth.  

"I don't care about that stinkin' icy shell of a legend!  It's probably as broke as the day is long!"  Another thing crossed her mind.  Her expression suddenly became lighter, and less intense.  "You're right about one thing Clyde...the Cap shoulda made that rod walk the plank.  It wasn't worth losing another set of crew mates now is it?"  Taiga smirked as she looked back at all the injured rotom.  "As a matter of fact...If we weren't here...I bet the Captain would have a whole 'nother crew's blood on his hands."  Taiga walked towards the stairs that led to the bottom of the ship.  

"Wake me up when we hit land." 

While unsurprised that the pulse hadn't stopped this berserk legend, Whisper was somewhat disappointed as she was forced to twist out of the way of that fire blast before taking her strike. Just being near the heat of it singed her hair and robes, but she wasn't intent on giving up. Though there was a great deal of resistance to the strike, and the wound left behind in its wake seemed superficial, she could tell that there was some effect had on him. For instance, his retaliation didn't come quite as quickly as she had expected it to. Still, the dizzying force behind the blow had her realizing that she was not in quite so much a better situation as she had thought. 

Still, the fact that the legend had reared down to strike her gave her an idea. Reaching up, she grabbed onto Entei's head by his hair and pulled herself up while kicking off the ground. Shortly thereafter, she delivered both feet squarely down onto the back of his head in the hopes of shoving his face into the ground, and potentially stunning him. Of course she wasn't going to stick around very long after that, dashing away and taking advantage of what she hoped was a few spare moments earned to gather herself and prepare for whatever was going to come next. If by some miracle the legend took so long to recover from this as to give her the option, she would gather up her power about her sword and set one of those impossibly sharp blades of light rocketing across the space between them towards the legend's uninjured leg.

Kazo blinked as he dug into an alcove, where in the corner, there was a Diglett. Whoops... in his panic, he wasn't really paying attention, but still, this was a good thing, maybe. He turned, grabbing Ari and placing him inside the alcove, talking fast as he did.

"Hey,I'msosorryfordoingthis,butthereisaguytryingtokillthesekidsandI'mtryingtosavethem,doyoumindlettinghimstayhereforafewminutesasIgosavetheotherone?K,thanksbye!" And with that, Kazo dug off, trying to locate Mac. It wasn't easy, considering how much movement there was above him, making it hard to locate her. Still, he couldn't leave her behind, no matter how much easier that was... he was sure she was going to complain to him the moment she found out what he was doing.

He dug under her... he thought, he wasn't sure, and reached up, grabbing an ankle on... someone, and attempting to drag them into the ground.

Denku wasn't sure what to think of this whole... situation. For the past two days, they have traveled, and during those past two days, the Pyroar had made it a point to ignore him and Bea. He didn't really mind, per say, but they had such an air of arrogance, it just made him angry. He had managed to keep his cool though, and just suck it up. He didn't want to cause his little group to have all of the Pride Rock's guards after them.

Still, it wasn't all bad. Well, it wasn't until Fia made her little speech at the entrance. 

"Here I am, Fjanna Vaia Livrais, a wanderer. I might be physically frail, but the destiny of the flames I carry is the flames that will illuminate an age.

I am now here, at behest of everyone. The turn of fate had led me and my two children here. She never acts meaninglessly, so I am sure that destiny has something in mind when she led us to this domain.

In that case, let the light of the dancing flames illuminate the truth."

She was really serious about this 'her children' thing, wasn't she? She wasn't like this before they got here, so either Albrecht's departure affected her than she let on, or she was letting all this attention the Pyroars were giving her go to her head. Either way, it was starting to rub him the wrong way. 

"Just stay calm," He thought to himself. The last thing he needed to do was risk an attack or blowing up all the goodwill that Fia had earned to tiny smithereens. They were soon lead inside of the mountain, which was hollow on the inside, the hallway formed stretching on for quite a while. There was mostly those of the Pyroar line around here. It'd make it easy to spot a... was Kazo a Gabite or a Garchomp by this point...? He had no idea, but either one of those would stick out like a sore thumb. That made his job... somewhat easier. 

They were lead into a cavern. Denku knew right away this must be their leader's quarters... the throne was a dead giveaway, honestly. A guard stepped towards the group, attempting to intimidate them as he spoke.

"You now stand before The King of Pride Rock, kneel and show your respect." He glared at the group. Denku simply got to a knee and bowed. It didn't matter what they said, he was not getting any lower. "You, young Larvesta, have been brought here by request. If your companions have anything to say, they must wait until you answer our King." Denku did his best to keep calm, but it was officially becoming more than he could handle. A flicker of a Dark Pulse formed around a hand, which he quickly hid under his cloak, taking deep breaths. This was not healthy for him, and he needed to be alive for as long as possible.

"Welcome, honored guests." The king had a deep, rumbling, and powerful voice, one that made Denku pause. There was sadness in his voice... what would a king be sad about? He stood back to his feet as the king continued.  "There is much to say, and much to ask, I am sure. However you were brought here because of the power this one displayed." He was gazing directly at Fia. Denku shook his head a bit. Her power, huh? She exploded into fire once and suddenly she was the second coming of Pidgeot Jesus... "You have some connection with the great Flame of Rebirth. We of Pride Rock have much respect for the beings known to most of the world as Legendaries, and she is one of the greatest. If you are willing, I would like to give you tests, to see if you have in you the ability to commune with the Flame of Rebirth. As for your companions..." He smiled warmly at Denku and Bea. "I apologize for the coldness my soldiers must have shown you. We have had many troubles with outsiders in the past. But be assured you are very welcome in my home. And to prove that, we shall now have a feast to honor your arrival!" 

Troubles with outsiders, eh? Well... actually no, that didn't mean jack to Denku. It was taking everything Denku had to just not run around and spam Earthquake. These people were conceited, and it was getting to him. Well, the king was okay though. He supposed his patience was being rewarded with food. Not too bad of a trade, he supposed... except one thing...

As the food was brought out to him, Denku placed a hand on his mask. He didn't want to take it off. He felt... vulnerable... naked... without it. It took him a bit to take it off as he debated if he should just take some food and find somewhere private to eat. People approached them during this time, noticeably a lot of males came to basically hit on Bea.

"Someone's popular," Denku teased the Beedrill. "You're going to have to start carrying around a stick to beat them off of you," Some females approached him, said next to nothing, and just left. That was weird. With a sigh, he decided to take off his mask, revealing a large scar across his nose. He didn't like that scar... it reminded him of his own weakness... He took a bite of fruit, before speaking to Fia. They weren't approaching her, so he might as well ask her. "What do you think of... all this?" he asked before taking another bite. He wasn't going into the children thing until they left Pride Rock. He didn't really speak to the king. What would he do, ask about why he was sad? That seemed like a bad idea...

He ate his fill, which admittedly didn't take too long. He slipped on his mask again just as the Luxray came over to them. "Hello, honored guests. It's such a delight to speak with you. I am James, brother of the king, and tactician. Though without any wars my position is more a formality." He chuckled darkly at this, then continued. "I must say you are much different than I expected. But I'm sure we'll be able to have many interesting talks before you leave." Denku nodded as James finished up.

"Tactician is still something to be proud of, war or not," He mentioned. "I hope we do have interesting talks, but allow me to ask, what exactly were you expecting? Just out of curiosty... it's not often you get to hear what another region expects of the others. You don't have to answer if you don't want to," Denku usually wasn't a talkative one, but... he felt like he should speak to this man. He wasn't sure why, but he knew he didn't want to be on this man's bad side. 

As he waited for whatever answer he would receive, he felt someone staring at the group. It was a Zebstrika on the platform... well, that was rude. He wanted to stare? Let's see how long he lasted when it was directed back at him. He stared at the Zebstrika, unblinking and with a scowl. If only he had Scary Face... that would totally be a help right now.

yCrzb88.png
Team Sexual Tension
Pride Rock

Eventually, Beatrice recovered from the dizziness that prevented her from being able to swim to safety, though she had not yet managed to thank Denku for saving her life... mostly because she'd passed out at the time she was retrieved from the river, and kinda forgot about the incident the moment she woke back up. But in any case, Beatrice found herself right in the heart of Pride Rock, along with the other two of course, and she'd stood right before the king. Of course, Fjanna and Denku had bowed first, whilst Beatrice tried to insist that she could stand... only to be shamed into bowing with glares of pure venom.

"Welcome, honored guests. There is much to say, and much to ask, I am sure. However you were brought here because of the power this one displayed," No doubt the King was talking about Fjanna; that damned special snowflake, "You have some connection with the great Flame of Rebirth. We of Pride Rock have much respect for the beings known to most of the world as Legendaries, and she is one of the greatest. If you are willing, I would like to give you tests, to see if you have in you the ability to commune with the Flame of Rebirth. As for your companions... I apologize for the coldness my soldiers must have shown you. We have had many troubles with outsiders in the past. But be assured you are very welcome in my home. And to prove that, we shall now have a feast to honor your arrival!"

A feast huh? About time. Beatrice had eaten most of the groups rations during the journey to Pride Rock, but that wasn't really enough food for her to sustain the journey. It was probably the reason why she was doing so poorly against those damn leopards. So, naturally, Beatrice was eager to get some food in her stomach. Buuuut then she got swamped by men, who were trying to tell her all sorts of stories and getting in her way. Of course, only one of them had her attention.

"A Pinsir, you say?" she queried, giving a young Carbink Gijinka the benefit of the doubt, "My old man was a Pinsir. Tell me more about this guy."

Incidentally, Beatrice wound up returning to Denku and Fjanna, bringing back the three plates that she burrowed from Fjanna, all full of food. Though it'd be more correct to say that the three plates were overfilled, especially the one that she intended to keep for herself. It was a miracle that Beatrice was able to keep the three plates steady and not spill most of the contents. She set the two smaller plates of food in front of her companions first, before setting the last one near a vacant seat.

"There we go, that should be enough food for everyone... I'm hoping," Beatrice said as she took her seat; though one would have no idea why she used the word 'hope', as she had more than enough there, "This big one's mine, but knock yourselves out with the other two. Mmmmm, this meat's really good; you should try this."

So she started scoffing down all this meat she saved especially for herself, not really paying much mind to James the tactician... or the Zebstrika Gijinka that was staring at them and making no attempt to hide in. Though in hindsight, Beatrice probably should've asked the Zebstrika what he wanted with the three of them.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
S.S. Showdown

Cabrakan was still recovering from the prior two battles when suddenly, Clyde dropped a bombshell.

"It's...a strange story. We never had any problems before cause we figured no one but those in Fryst knew we had it. And they tend to ignore us unless we spend too much time in the sky. It is a...rod. It was meant to be a gift from Skulldafn to Fryst, a sign of peace, to keep Fryst from invading or somethin' stupid like that. On its way here though, we, well. Me, Captain, and the former S.S. Showdown crew, ambushed it. We thought they were carrying treasure, but found just that thing. When we discovered what it was I wanted to toss it.. Captain thought it was too dangerous to let anyone have it. It's a way to find and control the Legendary Gijinka, Kyurem."

'...Kyurem?' Now Cabrakan's interests were peaked. Although it wasn't the one he was particularly after, he always wondered about the Legendary Gijinka in particular. Could it be found at the summit of Mount Icecrown? If so, that would explain why the king of Fryst wanted this rod so badly, considering he'd have a mighty Kyurem situated not too far away to keep intruders outside for good. However, it was all the more reason why this king could not be trusted with the thing. And the people of Skulldafn wanted to plant it right in their hands? What in Yveltal's name were they thinking? Cabrakan spent considerable time furrowing his brow over this...

... and then Taiga acted up, predictably.

"I don't care about that stinkin' icy shell of a legend! It's probably as broke as the day is long! You're right about one thing Clyde...the Cap shoulda made that rod walk the plank. It wasn't worth losing another set of crew mates now is it? As a matter of fact...If we weren't here...I bet the Captain would have a whole 'nother crew's blood on his hands.

Wake me up when we hit land."

Cabrakan shook his head in vast disapproval, before turning to Scarlet.

"You really need to teach that Taiga a lesson in respect," he told her, before turning to Clyde, "Now that I think about, it was probably a good thing for you to have kept that rod away from Fryst so that the king cannot hope to touch it. It sounds exactly like the kind of... weapon, he may be after, and it explains why the ship was under attack. Though if what you said was true in that you already lost a crew over it, maintaining possession of that device would not be wise..."

He would offer to take the rod himself but, since he and the two girls were going to Fryst themselves, such an offer would probably be a worse suggestion. On top of that, it sounded like Captain could not, or at the very least would not, trust anyone by a degree that he believed necessary to handle such a thing safely. The reasoning was understandable enough, though was there really no-one Captain could place that much trust in, aside from Clyde and the Rotom crew?

"That's all I'll say on that matter," he decided, "Though do you have anything on technique magic? I may need to learn something new."

Fjanna Vaia Livrais

Team UST, Pride Rock

The king welcomed them warmly, albeit with a cautious note, and Fjanna, Bea, and Denku was then invited into a welcomed feast. Fia only barely ate however, as she was more focused with the people around her, and more importantly, the fact that the king was aware of what she seek. The Flame of Rebirth was seemingly an important symbol here, and as the one connected to it, she had come at the right time as the salvation for this nation. It was definitely a hard burden to carry, but Fia was fine with it. That was what she's born to do.

"Hello, honored guests. It's such a delight to speak with you. I am James, brother of the king, and tactician. Though without any wars my position is more a formality." A Luxray approached the group and introduced himself. It's probably the first person since the banquet started that actually talked to her, albeit indirectly. Denku was swarmed by girls, while young boys seemingly tried their luck on Bea, oh poor Bea, but this man, James, was the first one that talked to her. Although, he was more talking to the three of them at once, instead of just her. Granted, Fia didn't think about it much and focuses more on the fact that he seemingly managed to land at his position due to his blood. She was not in a position to judge, but the thought of someone being chosen for an important position due to their proximity to the leader instead of their capability was repulsing.

"I must say you are much different than I expected. But I'm sure we'll be able to have many interesting talks before you leave."

"Tactician is still something to be proud of, war or not," Surprisingly, Denku decided to talk. Quite odd for the quiet one from her children. "I hope we do have interesting talks, but allow me to ask, what exactly were you expecting? Just out of curiosty... it's not often you get to hear what another region expects of the others. You don't have to answer if you don't want to,"

"The king, your brother, mentioned the Flame of Rebirth. In which case, I reckon that she was quite revered here. So, tell me. Tell me how the people of this land viewed her."

Saying the question, her mind then drifted off as the festivities started to lull her. She could only wonder about what kind of tests would the King gave her later.

Archived