Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

"Where are we going next?"

"Don't know.  Probably should scram before the sheriff finds us.  Where to now...killer?"

Wesley sighed at Sid's obvious disgust. Though it would be stretch to say she felt guilty about of the two causalities she was more of less directly responsible for today, the fact that Sid was mad at her made her feel terrible regardless. "Lets..." Her tone was weighed down buy a mix of exhaustion and embarrassment, and even her expression had shifted to that of someone who had had a shitty day. "Let's just head back to the inn." With another sigh the young Weavile began walking towards the mouth off the alleyway, not even bothering to motion for her two accomplices to follow... 

iU8EggM.png

The next day Wesely awoke at the crack of dawn to find another person in her bed. Without a word she used her training in the art of stealth to slip from the sheets without disturbing the small black figure that she knew to be Fawkes. Though it wasn't like it was necessary, seeing as the tiny thief somehow managed to snore like an Exploud and still remain in a deep slumber as if she were a Snorlax in a past life... But who could blame her after the day she had yesterday? Taking a moment to peer down at the younger girl, Wesley could't help but wonder when the last time the Zorua was able to sleep so peacefully. Living alone in their line of work could be pretty rough after all...

Turning to Sid's bed, Wesley watched the figure that sat unnaturally still under the blankets for quite some time. Though she had explained everything that had happened yesterday to both Sid and Fawkes, the ghost's demeanor was still cold when the trio turned in for the night... Instinctively, Wesley opened her mouth to sigh at the thought of going through another day with Sid mad at her, but stopped herself from releasing the air upon remembering that Obsidian was an extraordinarily light sleeper. Being sure to use not to make a single sound, Wesley leaped out of the inn's window into the still sleeping city.

The sun was high in the sky when she returned, and as she stuck her landing with a loud thud in the center of the room, Wesley announced her presence with a beaming grin. "Mornin, guys!"  As she spoke, the young Weavile produced a ghost gem, and a bag of breakfast pastries form her sleeve and tossed them at Sid and Fawkes respectively. "Eat up. You guys do know time is poke, right?" 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Himiko leaned down and  collected her prize for the battle, taking some also for Alleria. She then noticed that Alleria was waking up,before she fell unconscious like the first time she went on that crazy rampage.

"A-ah...can I ask you a favor?

Please...go to Adarid with me. I don't want to be alone..."

"Uh, yeah, sure! But let's get you out of here now. The wound from before doesn't look well, it's better if i try to fix it up before we go adventuring." Himiko said as she started guiding Alleria back to her aunt's house. 

They got home, Crescente was inside. "Hey auntie!" Himiko said. "Oh, dear, is that girl fine?" said Crescente, completely ignoring Himiko. "Let's hope so. She's Alleria, a friend of mine. Sometimes it happens that, during battles she goes a bit crazy, and after that she falls unconscious. I'm still trying to find a reason for that. But that doesn't matter right now, she got hurt right now and a Seviper bit her leg using poison. If we don't heal it quick it's gonna infect." Himiko said as her aunt was already at work. "Okay, lay her on your bed, i'll prepare some medications. I think you can find some bandages in the bathroom." Himiko followed her aunt's instructions and waited for her. Crescente came into the room with a pot of hot green-ish water. A balsamic smell of herbs invaded the room. Himiko helped her aunt with the wound: they first cleaned the blood, then using the special water Crescente prepared they made the poison come out and then bandaged it. "The wound looks better already!" Himiko said "I don't know what i would've done without your help!" She said as she gave her aunt a kiss on the cheek. "Now, she needs to rest." Crescente said as she got Himiko out of the room.

MwhMjJD.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x2, Pecha Berry Sandwich

"Don't know.  Probably should scram before the sheriff finds us.  Where to now...killer?"

"Lets...Let's just head back to the inn."

With that, Wes just moved on out the alleyway.  Naturally, Fawkes followed.  To the inn, then!

...where was it anyway?  Fawkes had only just met these people today, so she had no idea where they were staying for the night.

d2akEes.png

The sun rose over Juyu, and curled up comfortably in one of two beds was the young Zorua, Fawkes.  It had been a long time since she was able to sleep this well; being both a small thief and a solo one was not easy at all.  Now, however, she was sleeping on a soft bed, in a room with two other thieves who would watch her back.  This was nice.  The little liar dreamt of scenery and actions only possible in the world of dreams.  In her dream, she sailed across an ocean of chocolate cream in a boat made of Dark Gems and gold nuggets.  Little fish that were made of various types of berries would frequently hop out of the delicious sea surrounding her, giving the Zorua a chance to catch them and eat them.  She was just about to chow down on an Oran Fish she caught, when Fawkes was suddenly returned to reality.

A loud thud on the floor startled the girl out of her sleep and up into a sitting position.  Looking at the source, she saw Wes...who was no longer in the bed.  So Wes woke up before her.  Not surprising; Fawkes wouldn't have minded sleeping for another hour or two...or seven, with how comfortable this had been compared to countless nights before.

"Mornin, guys!"

"Mornin'," Fawkes yawned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.  Next thing she knew, a bag of breakfast pastries had been tossed her way, with Wes saying "Eat up. You guys do know time is poke, right?"  "Time is poke".  Now that was a phrase Fawkes was familiar with; she couldn't count the number of times she'd heard the cheats and scoundrels of Deku say it before she ultimately left town because they were better cheats and scoundrels than she was.  Picking one of the pastries from the bag - a toasted bun with berry paste inside - Fawkes took a bite.  Oran paste.  Yummy, and brimming with the energy to help Fawkes kick her day off.

"So we're leaving town today right?  We could go to the capitol, maybe," Fawkes suggested between bites of pastry, either not noticing or simply not paying any attention to a speck of Oran paste on her cheek.  "I hear there's this huuuuge library there with all kinds of books about everything."

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

Last night had been uneventful.

Today, however...wasn't actually much better.  Kah was still wandering across the desert with two runts and a weak dragon, simply to make sure the electric runt didn't get herself killed with her overconfidence when she tried facing off with a legendary gijinka.  Dealing with them was Kah's job, not Mac's.  However, Mac at least had knowledge on them.  That was valuable in its own way.  Now if only she could fight as well...

"Sheesh I forgot how far anything was from home, why can't the world be smaller?"

"Try growing bigger," Kah flatly suggested.  "Then the world will seem smaller to you."  And sure enough, Mac had more to say afterwards.

"So time to decide what to do. We push to the cave? It's gonna be nightfall by the time we get there, but we totally can do it. This is so exciting, we might be the first people in like, a long time, to see a Legend!"

That one was a no-brainer.  It shouldn't have even been a question.  "We'll push to the cave.  If it's nightfall when we arrive, we can just sleep there."

Juyu

"Oh, you're very welcome, Lok. A fine name. You may call me...Easter. Equally fine, wouldn't you say?" The Sylveon continued to eat berries "Very fine name! Nice to meet you, Easter!" Before Lok could continue to pester the Sylveon, a familiar voice interrupted him. "Excuse me." The voice was quite, and seemed familiar. Turning around, he noticed that it was the Accelgor that had helped him the other day. "You are to come with me, to the sheriff office..." Lok panicked. "Does that mean we're-"  before he could finish that sentence, she replied to the group, almost as if reading his mind "...you're not under arrest." He let out a sigh of relief, before following her to their destination.

. . .

Before reaching the sheriff's office, they passed through the jail cells, which held many familiar faces - the gang members from the other day were here, all of them unconscious. Passing that, they reached the actual office, where the sheriff from yesterday was. "I want an explanation of what happened." She paused, while giving the group a stare. She probably recognized them from said day. "And it's in your best interest to be honest." Gwen was the first one to speak up about the events. For the most part, she explained most of what happened - or, at least, most of what Lok knew had happened. However, when she got to the point where she was knocked out by the Camerupt, there was a short pause. "Could one of you fill in the blanks?" She turned to the group. "I can try...although..." He paused for a bit, remembering the horrible events that had happened. Now that he thought about it, he actually didn't remember much - it all happened so fast. Still, he needed to say something. "...my memory is kind of blurry - everything happened so fast. The only thing I can remember specifically that hasn't been mentioned is when I attacked the Camerupt and..." he paused again, coughing a bit. "...well, the point is the Kirlia saved me from his attack, and in turn Easter helped and saved her from the attack..." Starting to get nervous, he looked out the window and noticed how dark it was outside. "...uh, I'll try and remember more. I'm sorry I'm not that helpful...it all happened so fast" He nervously laughed.

Juyu

Azriel looked at the Absol for a long while. Not idle staring, but contemplative. “There is strength and passion inside you. I wonder, is this passion the flame that can mold you into a great person? Or the passion that will burn you to ash? I suppose only time will tell. I know not of this Lucario or gods but the enemy you have given yourself seems to be strong in ways that go beyond the normal. You will need something greater than yourself to combat such a thing. Is it possible? Perhaps.”

He looked towards the heavens. “Be it I could guide you away from such a life. The world used to be one of peace, did you know that? Many, many, years ago. But something has changed in the heart of Gijinka. Adarid is a shadow of its former self, and shadows breed more shadows.” He looked back at Whisper. “I tell you this, Whisper, not to mentor, not to guide. No one can force anyone down a road, all roads are always open for whoever wants to take the first step.”

He paused, expecting a reaction towards him knowing her name. However he provided no explanation. “I can help you remember that which was forgotten. Come to me in the morrow and I shall do this for you.” He then gave directions to his home, as well as a time he’d be there.
The old man waited for a response. Then waited longer. Looking into the woman’s eyes. He seemed distressed, concerned, but there was an acceptance there as well. He left.

Heather listened to both of the Gijinka before her, starting to understand what had happened. She turned to the Sylveon next. “You, I remember now. Phinehas was shouting when I dragged him in here about revenge against you, for whatever reason. I’d be careful if I were you. He’s not...entirely dangerous but he’s persistent.” She paused and gestured Kayla forward, after a short exchange Kayla left, and Heather turned back to the three. “So the Camerupt is dead. The last thing I want to know, who killed him, and do you believe lethal force was necessary?" It seemed they were talking specifically to Easter at this point. "Once you tell me that you’re free to go. It’s clear to me that you three were just in a bad situation. Just be sure not to cause more trouble for Juyu.”

After this was cleared up, and they were allowed to leave, Gwen said to the pair with her. “Hey I was wondering if...maybe you wanted to travel with me? It’s dangerous out there, and I would quite like the company. I was planning on asking my friend Wally, if I see them before leaving, but the more the merrier! And of course I don't know if she'll want to anyway. Just don't want to...Mismagius my chance to have teammates, hehe.”

The next morning, Kayla was going about her regular patrol, when she decided to check on the place she knew that Weavile was staying. Heather hadn’t given her any new orders about that one, and plus Azriel had come to her and asked to deliever her and her partner’s part of the prize for the singing competition.
Usually she didn’t do such things but for him, she would.
She found herself standing outside of the room. She had determined to check in and then leave. But she couldn’t bring herself to knock. That was usually Heather’s job, not hers. Though often there was more than just knocking And so she just hovered in the doorway, fist in the air, nervously shifting her weight back and forth.

Azriel smiled as Kayla left, nearly vanishing on the spot. That one was a good girl, pure of soul. If only she could make more friends...He shook his head and stood. He had something to take care of before Whisper came here.

And so he found himself at the home of a beautiful Meowstic lady. She seemed surprised by his visit, but got the Altaria girl as he asked. “Hello there Alleria, it’s nice to see you. Seems you’re doing well, despite your little run in last night. Though, I wonder if you remember...ah, that’s neither here nor there.” he handed her the 250 prize. “You may not have gotten a chance to perform but I heard your singing, it was lovely. Reminded me of someone I met long ago...And that you could perform it in such circumstances, you have a gift young lady, I hope very much you continue to use it. Now if you’ll excuse me I have something to take care of...If you’d like to drop by the festival ground and help with cleaning the mess that would be much appreciated. Himiko too, of course. Good day.”

The man then left to return to his house, and await Whisper's arrival.

The Cave, East of Oasis.

Dorian laughed as he saw the group come up, looking ragged and full of dirt. This group was a much needed change from that other woman and her unpleasant partner. “Well hello there travelers, looks like you brought half the desert with you.” Another, louder and full-bodied, laugh rippled through him. “I take it you want to get into this cave dontcha? I ain’t gonna fool with you that’s not gonna happen...at least not with you like that.” He looked at Kah. “You there, taking these kids somewhere like this and letting them get into this state, for shame. I’d whoop you right now to teach you a lesson but these kids gotta get some rest. Come to my place, the wife’s got stew cooking and I’m sure you’re hungry.”

“Hey I’m not just some kid! I’m gonna be the best, like no one ever was, and I’m not gonna take any handouts from anyone!” At this Mac's belly rumbled, echoed by Ari’s. “Er, but maybe Ari wants some food I guess...Fine! But only because Ari needs food! Come on guys let’s go.”

The Snorlax’s house wasn’t far from the cave. It was a simple looking building, but one that looked more durable than those in Oasis. As soon as Dorian approached the door burst open and a squat Munchlax child of indeterminate gender came waddling out. “Dada, dada!” they cried and Dorian picked them up and swung them around. “Hey there little one, have you been a good boy?” The child nodded. “I suppose mom would be the judge of that one, eh? Now, we have guests today so remember to treat them nicely, okay?”

He ushered the group into the house, where a Lopunny was ladling out stew into a trio of bowls. Without looking up she said “I hear you’ve brought guests. You know Dorian you really need to ask before...” She looked up, saw Ari and Mac, and stopped talking. She rushed over to them and hugged both of them tightly. “Oh you two are so PRECIOUS! Dorian aren’t they adorable? Come come you two let’s get you some food.” She half-dragged them to the table, and set out a couple more bowls, and chairs.
She looked up at Dorian. “Well hurry up and introduce them, ya big lug.”
“Heh, well funny thing is, I don’t actually know their names...”
The woman’s eye twitched but she glanced at the children and relaxed herself. “My name is Debbie, I’m this dumby’s, Dorian’s, wife. Though I swear sometimes I wonder why I said yes.”
“It’s cause I’m so damn good looking, ain’t that right buddy?” He said, nudging Kazo and laughing.

Mac was already digging into the food. “It’s so good! Oh, er. Um sorry...” She looked at the woman, who was smiling fondly at her. Mac was suddenly reminded of her mother. “My name’s Mackenzie.” She paused, eyes widened when she realized what she said. “Mac, my name’s Mac!”

Alleria woke up the next morning in what she soon learned to be the Chimencho girl's residence. She later introduced herself again to the girl, who was apparently named Himiko, though it was something that came off as a surprise - apparently she's supposed to already know her, and she had been with her the day before, apparently. The fact that her belongings were on the residence was a solid proof of that, so Alleria decided to relent somewhat. Apparently she was in a singing competition yesterday and was supposed to be dueting with the Chimencho, but a riot happened, and she hit herself hard on the head or something. Perhaps that's a reason why she forgot about it.

Nevertheless, not long after she finished her breakfast, the bell of the house rang, and Alleria rushed to open the door. The guest was a elderly Medicham apparently, and in fact, he was searching for her. She brought him to the living room, and once both of them sat comfortably, she expected him to talk anytime soon. However, Alleria couldn't help but feel somewhat worried. What if he's here for something related to yesterday's supposed mess? What if she did something really bad yesterday without being able to remember it?

However, her doubts was put to rest once the man started talking.

“Hello there Alleria, it’s nice to see you. Seems you’re doing well, despite your little run in last night. Though, I wonder if you remember...ah, that’s neither here nor there.”

Alleria raised her eyebrows, giving the man a questioning look regarding what he was going to say, but he moved the topic into another thing immediately and handed her 250 poke. Being really short on money and not really feeling on asking her current hostesses for money, she grabbed the given money immediately, though she still retained the questioning look on her.

“You may not have gotten a chance to perform but I heard your singing, it was lovely. Reminded me of someone I met long ago...And that you could perform it in such circumstances, you have a gift young lady, I hope very much you continue to use it.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have something to take care of...If you’d like to drop by the festival ground and help with cleaning the mess that would be much appreciated. Himiko too, of course. Good day.”

"Wait, who are-"

But he had left through the front door. Although...he did mention that she and Himiko were supposed to return to the festival grounds. Perhaps he would be there? Not to mention...maybe she could actually see what happened yesterday if she went there. Those thoughts flooding her mind, she went towards Himiko and decided to tell her about what had just happened.

"Ah...Himiko. Earlier there was this old Medicham that came here, and he mentioned that we probably should help in the festival grounds regarding what had happened yesterday.

And I think I would need to get some more potential information regarding the trip to Juyu too, so I'll be going first. Meet me there, ok?"

Alleria then bowed politely to her and her aunt, before getting herself properly dressed as fast as she could and left the house. Having no actual knowledge on the location of the festival grounds, Alleria had to rely on asking people for directions while spending the other times getting lost. Thankfully, the town's layout was not too confusing, which allowed Alleria to arrive on the supposed festival grounds without spending one or more hours being lost. Entering the place, she noticed an Empoleon was there, which gave her the urge to go forward and ask about what happened...and something else.

"Hello there, looking around this place? i heard that there was a riot here yesterday, but I don't know about what exactly happened. Were you here for that?"

Cave

At the mention of food, Ari rubbed his stomach dolefully.

“Hey I’m not just some kid! I’m gonna be the best, like no one ever was, and I’m not gonna take any handouts from anyone!” The sudden rumble of bellies made her pause. “Er, but maybe Ari wants some food I guess...Fine! But only because Ari needs food! Come on guys let’s go.”

Ari rolled his eyes. "You're hungry too, you know. I heard your stomach earlier."

When they were introduced to a mother Lopunny and a baby Munchlax, Ari couldn't help feeling a bit homesick. "I'm Ari," he said when they asked him his name. He didn't comment on Mac's slip-up. If it was anything like his situation, he could understand why she didn't want her full name known.

That done, he started to chow down.

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

"You, I remember now. Phinehas was shouting when I dragged him in here about revenge against you, for whatever reason. I’d be careful if I were you. He’s not...entirely dangerous but he’s persistent."

Great. Just great. Easter sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Another annoyance..." he muttered. Poison types were a pain. Not as much as steel types, but still annoying to deal with.

At this time, an Accelgor gijinka came forward and put in her two cents. After leaving, the Escavalier girl turned to them. "So the Camerupt is dead. The last thing I want to know, who killed him, and do you believe lethal force was necessary? Once you tell me that you’re free to go. It’s clear to me that you three were just in a bad situation. Just be sure not to cause more trouble for Juyu."

The Sylveon blinked. Did she think he had killed the Camerupt or something? Was she trying one of those, "does he have the heart of a killer?" scenarios. "It was someone in a mask," he shrugged. "I couldn't catch any details." And that was true. He couldn't. Maybe the mask had dropped in the final scuffle, but he had been focusing on the Kirlia at the time. So he didn't have much to tell her. "As for the lethal force, if somebody gets out of control, you have to put them down however you can." His words were surprisingly serious. He had seen some gijinka lose all reason in the arena, and the consequences were never pretty. Sure, it was best to avoid killing, but that wasn't always the way things went.

After they were released, the Mismagius from earlier turned to the both of them. "Hey I was wondering if...maybe you wanted to travel with me? It’s dangerous out there, and I would quite like the company. I was planning on asking my friend Wally, if I see them before leaving, but the more the merrier! And of course I don't know if she'll want to anyway. Just don't want to...Mismagius my chance to have teammates, hehe."

Easter shrugged. "If you want me along, then I have no qualms with that." They weren't as fascinating as those others he had seen, but he had no clue how to get in contact with them. The Weavile girl had disappeared, he hadn't seen that Altaria in a while, and as for the mysterious masked girl...well, again, he had no clue where she went. He had nothing against these two, however, and he didn't really have a set destination in mind, anyway. He was just on a journey to get stronger, and any road could lead to that.

Juyu

C.C. Wallenstein

"Hello there, looking around this place? i heard that there was a riot here yesterday, but I don't know about what exactly happened. Were you here for that?" A Gijinka walked up to Wallenstein while she was looking around the ruined competition area. She turned towards the voice and found an Altaria. Not just an Altaria. That Altaria.

"Oh! It's you!" Surprised to see someone she recognized, Wallenstein let out a loud voice. "I've been looking everywhere for you! The Altaria who helped fight off some goons a few days ago!" Or rather, two days ago. "You seem kinda alright now huh. Sorry I hit you with a water bullet that time. No, no, no, don't worry about it, it was in the past. Let us forgive and forget."

Then she remembered the question she was asked.

"Ah, well, yesterday, while the singing competition was going on some of the Zangeese and Sevipers from the other day interrupted again. I tried helping out but well, I...got knocked out. I was about to leave town then it occurred to me I should take a look here again. In case I dropped something or met someone along the way. Guess I was right after all, my intuition's never failed me yet, unless you count the time I jumped in and got knocked out yesterday. Damnit, that was bad, I'm still annoyed about that.

It then occurred to her, without pausing her speech, to end it with a question. "So what are you doing here?"

Kazo looked at the giant of a man guarding the cave. He was even bigger than he was, and he was pretty tall. Man, that was intimidating. Would they have to fight him in order to get inside of the cave, just to fight a Legendary?! Dear Arcues, this was going to be a trying day...

“Well hello there travelers, looks like you brought half the desert with you.” As the Snorlax laughed, Kazo looked over himself. Yeah, he was covered in sand and in dirt, but honestly, he liked it. It was comforting to him, for whatever odd reason. He was sure this was going beyond 'being part ground-type'. “I take it you want to get into this cave dontcha? I ain’t gonna fool with you. That’s not gonna happen...at least not with you like that.” He looked at Kah, his massive frame towering over her. “You there, taking these kids somewhere like this and letting them get into this state, for shame. I’d whoop you right now to teach you a lesson, but these kids gotta get some rest," Kids? Was he implying that he was a kid? But he wasn't! He was a Chaser, dammit, and there was no way anyone could confuse him for a kid with his height and all. Calming down, he realized he probably meant Ari and Mac. That was fine... but what did that make him? The older brother? The father? ... Wait, what? No! No! Then that would make Kah the mom, and honestly, he didn't want that to happen even if she was the last gijinka on Earth! He really couldn't stand her condescending attitude... "Come to my place, the wife’s got stew cooking, and I’m sure you’re hungry.” Stew sounded really good to him, to be honest...

“Hey I’m not just some kid!" Please Mac, do not mess this up for them! Please!!! "I’m gonna be the best, like no one ever was, and I’m not gonna take any handouts from anyone!” At this Mac's belly rumbled, echoed by Ari’s. “Er, but maybe Ari wants some food I guess...Fine! But only because Ari needs food! Come on guys let’s go.” Kazo shook his head, but said nothing. One day, she wasn't going to be able to blame Ari...

"You're hungry too, you know. I heard your stomach earlier." Ari commented as he rolled his eyes. Kazo chuckled to himself. He was liking this kid more each day. Kazo then took notice for the first time... Ari was dressed a little too fancy to be on a journey like this. Probably his mother dressed him up this way or something... they would have to get him new threads when they got to a town. Well, he was gonna be broke...

They followed the Snorlax to his home, where a small Munchlax come out, wanting to be held by their father. It was a cute scene, honestly. Then they meet the wife, a rather attractive Lopunny. The Snorlax was pretty lucky, having a family like this... Kazo could feel his heart ache a bit. He desperately wanted something like this to... but with his low self-esteem and fear of women... he sort of knew it would never happen... The husband and wife got into a little exchange before the Lopunny introduced herself as Debbie and the Snorlax as Dorian. She then made a joke, asking why she even married the Snorlax, to which Dorian nudged Kazo and responded.

“It’s cause I’m so damn good looking, ain’t that right buddy?” He laughed afterwards, which cause Kazo to chuckle. Man... he was actually enjoying himself now...

S.S. Showdown

The Captain grinned at Taiga after she asked for his name. "Well you've already got it, my lovely shark, the name's Captain. It's like I was born for this job, eh?" He winked at her and gave a hearty laugh. The Rotoms were all watching him closely, looking between him and the two female guests with what seemed to be concern. But none of them stepped forward to say or do anything, just continuing in their tasks. Captain seemed to be waiting for a response from the others, but when nothing more was said, he clapped his hands together. "Well I suppose if that's all you need then we'll get back to work. Sleep well lovely ladies...and you too I suppose." He glanced at Cabrakan for a moment, then took wing, flying back to the crow's nest.

The ship continued on its course, the days passed with every day battles being held. The only one not to get into the action was the Captain himself. Throughout it, there was a variety of winners and losers, though Apanie never lost a single match. Meals were held three times, 5 AM, noon, and 6 PM, every day. All cooked by Jane, though the second night Edna attempted to cook and made the spiciest food ever seen by Gijinka. Isole was convinced to make some desert on the third day and it was surprisingly delicious. Solana and Trava often had eating competitions to see who could eat the most, and Trava won each time.

The fourth day was approaching, the day they'd start entering the semi-frozen water near the tundra. Clyde informed the guests that they'd have to take it slowly, carefully, from here on out, just to be sure they didn't crash into anything.

Dorian's house

Mac kept giving Ari somewhat angry looks, remembering the sass he had shown earlier. "Don't get mad, Mac, he's just a kid." She thought to herself, ignoring the fact that she was also a kid. "This stuff is really good, c'mon Kazo, Kah, pull up a chair! Uhhh" She looked at Debbie. "That's okay, right?"

"Well...yeah I suppose it's fine. I won't deny your guardians food. That's what you two are, yes? You're not related, I can tell, are you two sorta...taking care of them?"

Mac laughed. "No way! If anything I'm the one taking care of them!" She grinned wide at Debbie which caused both her and Dorian to laugh.

"Well you heard the boss." Dorian said to the two Dragons. "Dig in!"

While the meal was underway, Dorian paused suddenly. "Hey Deb if you could tuck the lil one in, I need a moment with them." Debbie heard the serious tone in his voice and decided to agree, giving the youngsters a fond smile before ushering her falling asleep son into the other room.

"Now, I know where you're heading. I don't know why you're going in. But whatever the case...It's dangerous in there. Not only that, but it's...sacred. Give me a reason to think I should allow you inside."

Juyu

Heather nodded through Easter's explanation. Someone in a mask. She remembered the woman who had sung on stage, the one with the mask. She would have to find them somehow...But not tonight, tonight was making sure things were settled here. She let the group go without a fuss. They were clearly innocent.

Gwen pondered Easter's words. "If you want me along, then I have no qualms with that."

"Hmm, that's very kind of you. However...It feels as though you would rather not. I do not want to force anyone, so think it over. I won't be leaving until tomorrow anyway. Same to you, Lok. If you'd like, meet me back at the festival grounds in the morning, I'd like to help clean up if I can."

True to her word, Gwen was at the festival ground early in the morning, before even the city's workers had arrived. They found her picking up garbage while wearing some gloves, and she greeted them warmly, with a batch of muffins. "The early bird gets the Wurmple!" She said with a titter before taking off the gloves and distributing the muffins.

She waited to see if either Lok or Easter showed up. Though, she instead saw two other familiar faces.

They were in conversation so she didn't want to disturb them, so she waited for a brief lull in the talking before hovering towards them. "Good day good day, Alleria, Wally, it's so nice to see you! I'm glad you both are unharmed. I had wanted to talk with you earlier but I had to explain things to the sheriff....Would you like a muffin?" She held out the bag, which somehow still had some muffins in them, and smiled gently.

[spoiler=OOC]I figured this would be fine, despite some not having responded.

The S.S. Showdown is moving ahead several days. However if you'd like to add any details of what occurred in the days leading to the fourth day feel free. Either by writing it out by the day, or by just mentioning things. Whatever you choose. I just didn't want to get hung up too much.

And if you want a fight, say so and we can work something out.

Mac's group, everyone can say things/respond before the question Dorian poses if they want. As it's near the end of the meal.

Moving Gwen to next day, but if Lok wants to respond before the next day he can. Same for Easter.

Juyu

When the trio headed back to the hotel, Sid didn't make a single noise.  His anger had simmered down quite a bit, but he was still disappointed in his partner.  That night, he fell asleep almost immediately.  

The next morning, he had been awake for quite some time when he heard rustling from Wes' side of the room.  He chose to ignore her, as he tossed over to the other side of the bed to look at Fawkes.  What a strange trio they made up.  Dark types had to stick together after all.  Sid felt himself drift back to sleep.  A little nap right before the start of their new adventure wouldn't hurt anyone.  Too bad it seemed like only a couple of seconds went by before he was startled by a large thud.

"Mornin, guys!"  There she was, standing in the middle of their room.  A smile on her face, as if nothing had happened yesterday.  The mark of a true cold-blooded killer.  When would he be able to change her?  Would he ever be able to?  

"Mornin'," Fawkes said sleepily.  

"Morning..."

"Eat up. You guys do know time is poke, right?"   Instinctively, Sid caught the thing hurled at his face.  He turned his hand around to look at the bleak shine of a ghost gem.  He reluctantly put it in his mouth, and chomped down with force, shattering the gem with ease.  

"So we're leaving town today right?  We could go to the capitol, maybe.  I hear there's this huuuuge library there with all kinds of books about everything."  Books?  What interest did he have in books?  Wait...maybe the books would contain some hint as to where Diancie was.  He almost started to drool.

"Better leave soon....who knows who's after Wes for stealing all that stuff."  He flashed her a smile, the remnants of ghastly flames lingering on his teeth.  

d2akEes.png

S.S. Showdown

These past few days were pretty boring on her end.  She knew that she wouldn't win with those uppity rotom's hogging up the stage.  She knew she wouldn't be able to beat them without getting the snot electrocuted out of her.  Now Cabrakan on the other hand, she'd take him down to the ground if he ever stepped up to the challenge.  Maybe he was smart enough not to after all.  

She had also asked Edna to keep a vigilant eye on her pies.  She begged her to keep them warm for their recipient on the other side of the ocean.  After all, who would like a stale cold pie arriving after such a long wait!

Taiga was on the topside.  Her eyes couldn't keep off the frigid waters.  It made her shiver just looking at it.  Even though she said she could've swam it, maybe her speed wouldn't be able to outrun a cold watery grave this far out.  Ice was crushing against the bow.  Was it her imagination, or was the ice getting thicker.  

"Hey Captain," She called up to the crow's nest, "You worried about this at all?  Ice is getting pretty crazy!  Better cover the front of this thing with some Aspear Berry Juice!"

There was just so much about this old man that disarmed her. Every time she spoke to him she was left with a new surprise, and now he was even doubling up on the surprises. She had come to him seeking knowledge of where she could go to train, and here he was deciding that he would train her directly instead. Moreover, he was once more demonstrating that incredible insight of his.

"I do certainly hope I never find myself taking a contract on you, Master." She said, smiling behind that garish mask of hers. "As for guiding me away from a path of violence, I would prefer you not bring it up again. It is the life I was born to, and I am more than happy to live it. The shadows suit me fine." There was little point in asking how he knew her name, there would be time for that later when she didn't need to worry about dodging the sheriff. When he gave his instructions on meeting him in the morning, she only nodded her head and set about getting away from the stage. She would, after all, most likely be wanted in regards to the incident with the Camerupt. In but a few moments she had vanished into the shadows, and returned to her little hideaway in the city. It was just a nondescript room behind a hidden door in a wall, like the many that existed throughout the region for use by the Order's assassins. A few prayers to Darkrai, asking for protection and success on future hunts, and she went to bed.

She stood behind a polished counter, light streaming in through windows framed with frosted glass and dying the front of the shop a brilliant yellow. Her dress, a bright pink garment streaked with blue, was bunched under a bleached white apron, and contrasted with the black bow tied up in her white hair. All throughout the front of the store were tables, covered with huge baskets of flowers in every color imaginable. She was confused for a moment, as it seemed that everything around her was larger than it should be by quite a bit, though a quick look down at her hands explained things. They were much smaller, so she guessed that she was quite young here.

She was brought back to the present as she heard the sound of a door opening behind her. A woman stepped out who she didn't recognize, and yet looking at her she felt...safe. It was strange, and stranger still when this odd woman embraced her... but it wasn't bad. In fact everything felt strangely right about this. Her attention was brought to the front of the shop as she heard it opening, and though she was certain she and the woman gave a greeting she could not make out what was said. Walking in was a young Lucario, only a bit taller than her, with a Kirlia hanging off his arm as he walked in. For a moment she and he locked eyes, and somehow she felt that she had seen him before.

In a flash things changed. The shop burned away, smoke, ash, and sparks pushing away all that was around her as a darkness enveloped the woman beside her. She was larger now, larger than she should be in fact, and her blade was at the ready. Such a profound black that its shape was difficult to pick out, and how she stood across a scorched field. Broken bodies lay all around her and one other, a now much older Lucario whose eyes were covered by several bands of cloth. The Kirlia was now a Gardevoir, laying bloody on the ground but she could not tell if she lived or died. 

The death that surrounded her was unsettling... no, that wasn't strong enough. Revolting? Horrifying? All of those things and yet something more, a strange sorrow pervading her thoughts as she looked at the one before her. Was she crying, or had it somehow begun to rain since they had come here? All the same, the Lucario turned away from the fallen Gardevoir and faced her dead on. A rush of power washed out from him, and was followed by one from her as well. She leveled her blade on him, he lifted his fist, and they charged.

Whisper sat up from her bed with a jolt, a pair of knives finding their way into her hands. Her heart was racing, and it took her several moments to realise that she was once more in that cramped room where she was hiding out in Juyu. For quite some time she sat there, calming herself and assuring that she could continue on. Strangely, she could recall the dream with perfect clarity even after she had risen and taken the time to prepare herself for the day.

"Was it more than a dream?" She wondered aloud, looking into a small mirror as she made certain her hair was presentable. Noticing something strange, she looked closer and saw that her eyes and cheeks were wet. Shaking off the feeling, she went through the rest of her routine. She brushed her teeth, dressed herself, and thoroughly regretted that she did not have any foodstuffs packed. She'd been meaning to restock in the town before leaving again, but that could be done later in the day.

Thus it was that she left with a grumbling belly she set out, dressed in her usual attire and carrying only her knives and her coin pouch, for Azriel's home. It was not hard to find, she simply thought of the old man and filled herself with the desire to kill him. Her sixth sense for disasters allowed her to zero in on him quickly, and having been trained in stealth extensively she was able to reach his home without worry about the Sheriff or the Deputy. So, as she came to stand before his door, she took a moment to breath deeply and attempt to conceal that she was troubled before she reached out to knock upon the frame.

"I've been looking everywhere for you! The Altaria who helped fight off some goons a few days ago!

You seem kinda alright now huh. Sorry I hit you with a water bullet that time. No, no, no, don't worry about it, it was in the past. Let us forgive and forget."

"Uh...pardon me, but who are you again?"

Alleria was quite confused at how the Empoleon blabbered like she had met her before. Although, thinking about it, perhaps the hard hit to the head due to the riot Himiko mentioned yesterday could be a cause she didn't recall anything about the water-type. Nevertheless, she still felt a bit weirded out by it. Although, the Empoleon seemingly realized she had been going on and on a bit too much, and finally answered her question.

"Ah, well, yesterday, while the singing competition was going on some of the Zangeese and Sevipers from the other day interrupted again. I tried helping out but well, I...got knocked out. I was about to leave town then it occurred to me I should take a look here again. In case I dropped something or met someone along the way. Guess I was right after all, my intuition's never failed me yet, unless you count the time I jumped in and got knocked out yesterday. Damnit, that was bad, I'm still annoyed about that.

And the Empoleon went on and on again...although she did mention how yesterday's supposed riot seem to happen. Sadly the Empoleon was knocked out of commission pretty fast, so she couldn't shed more light to the event. Just before Alleria reminded her that she's been going on and on and on too far however, she seemingly realized losing track on her words, and asked Alleria back instead.

"So what are you doing here?"

"I'm...not sure, to be honest. There's this random old man that came to me earlier, and he recognized me somehow (just like you), and he mentioned that I should help around here with tidying up the place after yesterday's supposed riot.

That aside..."

"Good day good day, Alleria, Wally, it's so nice to see you! I'm glad you both are unharmed. I had wanted to talk with you earlier but I had to explain things to the sheriff....Would you like a muffin?"

"Ooh, muffins!" Alleria reflex made her take some of the muffins from the Mismargius' bag. At first, she ignored the fact that the Mismargius knew about her name as she munched on the treat, but soon she realized that sudden weird detail. What's with random people and recognizing her? Did she manage to achieve stardom and be the idol of this city before she hit her head yesterday?

"Thank you for the muffins but...who are you?" Alleria asked curiously at the Mismargius. But, before she answered, she remembered what she was going to say to the Empoleon earlier.

"Ah! Right, I remember now. So...I'm planning to go to the Adarid City since I need to deliver something there, but I don't think I know about where I should go to reach there. I can follow the main route there...but I'm somewhat worried about ruffians and such, and thus I think some companions would be nice to have.

And I mean...well, I'm also a Legend Hunter aside from an idol, and I think tracking down legends with information from a city that big, then tailing that legend and overcoming it with friends sounds like tons of fun.

So...any of you two are interested with this offer? I don't think I can offer much aside from myse...my voice to cheer you up and the thrill of adventure, but trust me, I think it'll be fun!"

wA0yiK8.png
It had been four days since SS Showdown had traversed the waters that lead everyone on-board to Fryst. And Cabrakan learned a fair bit from travelling with Taiga and Scarlet. Specifically on that second night, where Edna had served something extraordinarily spicy... and unnecessary so, too. Even so, the flavor of the dish itself was OK, and it would've been weird for a Fire-type to be unable to handle any extra spice... even if said Fire-type was old. However, the dish wasn't entirely filling, so Cabrakan had asked for a pie. In response, Edna said that while they did have some, she couldn't serve them because reasons. He began to consider the whole motion that the pie delivery thing wasn't entirely a lie, but more of a rouse that the two had planned to get past the guards.

In any case, they weren't quite there at Fryst yet; Cabrakan could tell since he couldn't see the city in question from the horizon. Truth be told, progress was as slow as ever, though for an understandable reason; after all, there was no way in Yveltal's domain that Captain would want to bust the whole ship on an iceberg after coming this far. As Cabrakan was out on the deck reminiscing about his former life there, a cold breeze zoomed past his hair, it sweeping to one side. This seemed to remind him of the reason he left in the first place; Cabrakan never did like the cold. So he went inside and into Taiga and Scarlet's room, thankfully managing to catch the latter alone. It was much easier to talk to Scarlet about things that crossed Cabrakan's mind, as Scarlet was easily the more sane of the two.

"There's something you should know," Cabrakan began, "There'll be guards stationed at Fryst, and access to the city itself will be highly restricted. That much you may have been told already, but I highly doubt that you've been told the reason why that is. So I'll tell you. There's talk of a fear that outsiders will overrun the city. I know this sounds ridiculous to the both of us, but it's something that the guards in particular have taken very seriously; hence the severe restriction of access. In any case, there's also talk that the leader has been searching for... a weapon of sorts, that will help him prevent Fryst from being overrun by anyone. I haven't been to Fryst in quite some time, so I'd be the last person to confirm or deny whether he's procured such a thing by now. But take it as you will nonetheless."

Cabrakan paused for a brief moment. He imagined that Scarlet would have questions for him, which he'd have to answer in due time. Before that though, he figured he should say something about Mount Icecrown, in case the true purpose for Taiga and Scarlet's venture to Fryst involved said mountain.

"Oh, and if anyone tells you not to go to Mount Icecrown, you should heed their warning," added Cabrakan, before he looked away, "I should know; I saw someone die there,"

Kazo was flustered a little bit. Debbie seem to have believed what he was afraid of.... Kah and him were taking care of the kids... Like... They were parents. Nope, not what he wanted. He could see it now... Kah henpecking him to do anything and everything, and then their child was just a mini-clone of Kah that did the same and...

Did we mention he had a weird imagination?

After getting over it slightly, he sat down to eat. It was strange, honestly... He felt more at home with complete strangers than he was at home. That could not be a good thing. Dinner went well, but then Dorian sent his child to bed and informed the group that the area they wanted to go in was sacred... He didn't want to defile a holy place... But... Let's be honest. Kah didn't give a Tauros crap about it, and neither did Mac. The two would barrel on through like drunken Rhyhorns... Ari would probably go along because peer pressure, and he, Kazo, would be dragged along because he was too much of a coward to stand up for himself...

Still... He knew, deep down inside, he wanted to go in to.

"I... U-understand it's a sacred place, and honestly, if you don't let us in, it's not the e-end of the world...," he was rambling, why was he rambling? "We could always go find another place where a Legend is...," this was true... But... "But now... Y-you got me really curious what's I-inside the cave...," he looked at his hand before making a fist. "C-call it the Chaser inside of me... But now I wanna know what secrets the cave holds...," And now he made no sense.

Why was he doing this?!

Dorian's House
Ari was enjoying the food immensely. It wasn't anything fancy like back home, but it had a hearty, satisfying flavor anyway. "What did you make this with?" he asked. "It's really good!"

Later during the meal, the big man, Dorian, asked his wife and child to leave the room. Ari wondered at the seriousness of his tone. What was it he needed to discuss? "Now, I know where you're heading. I don't know why you're going in. But whatever the case...It's dangerous in there. Not only that, but it's...sacred. Give me a reason to think I should allow you inside."

Kazo answered with a stutter. "I... U-understand it's a sacred place, and honestly, if you don't let us in, it's not the e-end of the world... We could always go find another place where a Legend is... But now... Y-you got me really curious what's I-inside the cave... C-call it the Chaser inside of me... But now I wanna know what secrets the cave holds..."

Ari set down his spoon. He knew why he was going. To prove himself worthy for his family. True, he could do that with any legendary. But this one...this was the one that man had tried to reach. Maybe...if he won in his place, it would be like reaching his dream for him? Or something like that. "If this is the right place," he said. "I'm going in to prove my strength. To show my family I'm good enough. And...for a man who shouldn't have had to become grass yet."

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu
"Hmm, that's very kind of you. However...It feels as though you would rather not. I do not want to force anyone, so think it over. I won't be leaving until tomorrow anyway. Same to you, Lok. If you'd like, meet me back at the festival grounds in the morning, I'd like to help clean up if I can."

Easter wasn't sure what to say to that. True, he didn't really have any reason to travel with them, but he didn't have a reason not to travel with them. "We'll see."

By the next morning, he had made up his mind. He would accompany them. Walking through the streets toward the festival grounds from the inn where he was staying, he paused at seeing a flash of movement. Few moved with such grace. This was certainly no common gijinka. Flashbacking to the masked woman, he ran off, attempting to trail the person. However, they had lost him before he could even start. Frustrated, he wandered around some more, eventually making his way to a random house. There was another person nearby, in front of the neighboring house, but he paid them no mind, frustrated and hungry.

It was only then that he remembered about the ghosts' offer. He could still join them, but...he was completely lost now.

[spoiler=OOC]Easter is at the house right beside Azriel's, but because Whisper's not moving, he hasn't noticed her since her movements and her attacks are what drew his attention in the first place. He's also tired, frustrated, and hungry from looking for her so he's being a bit careless and unobservant.

Juyu

C.C. Wallenstein

"Gwen! I'm glad you're alright too. Yesterday was a mess, wasn't it? I'll take one of that." In the midst of their conversation, Gwen seemed to have spotted the two and approached. Truly, spontaneously visiting the square was one of the best decisions Wallenstein's made in the past twenty-four hours. By some sheer luck she might meet the Weavile woman again too. That aside, apparently Gwen was acquainted the Altaria girl, strangely enough.

"Ooh, muffins!" Wallenstein watched the dancer accept a muffin.

"Is the Kirlia alright?" She whispered to Gwen then continued listening to the Altaria.

"...so...any of you two are interested with this offer? I don't think I can offer much aside from myse...my voice to cheer you up and the thrill of adventure, but trust me, I think it'll be fun!"

"...Well, my method of traveling just involves me randomly wandering around until I reach a town. I wouldn't mind going with ya, would be nice not to get lost for once." Wallenstein scratched her head. For some reason she tried not to act too eager about the offer, but she truly was glad for it. "Oh I'll take another muffin."

"Hm...Yep, yep. It's been a while since I've visited Adarid, no harm in a revisit." She said to herself after finishing her muffin, then turned around. "I'm going with ya, Altaria! Anything for a chance to get some legendary info."

Juyu

Lok had his gaze locked outside, letting out a yawn while Heather and Easter were talking. Not to be rude, of course - Lok was extremely exhausted. After they were released, Gwen had started talking about teaming up with both him and the Sylveon. Lok simply nodded a "yes" to her while the Sylveon responded. He also had a giggle at the "Hmm, that's very kind of you. However...It feels as though you would rather not. I do not want to force anyone, so think it over. I won't be leaving until tomorrow anyway. Same to you, Lok. If you'd like, meet me back at the festival grounds in the morning, I'd like to help clean up if I can." And on that note, the trio had disbanded, if only for the night. 

. . .

Lok was floating around town, trying to find his way to where the festival ground. Luckily, since he had already done this the first day he entered Juyu it wasn't very difficult. After looking around, he finally saw Gwen from afar. "Gwen!" he shouted, waving at her while rushing towards her direction. Only after stopping next to her did he notice that the Altaria and the Empoleon from the other day were also there "Oh, hey!" he waved at them "Good to see you guys are ok too!" He shot a wide grin. He had not heard any part of the conversation that the three were having. Looking around, he noticed that Easter wasn't here yet. "Wonder when Easter is getting here..." he thought out loud.

S.S. Showdown

It would seem that it would take a bit longer for them to arrive at Fryst. It had been four days since they gotten on the boat and they had met the captain. It was definitely an odd crew - they would have battles all the time upstairs. Scarlet thought about joining them once in a while, but had never gotten around doing so. The food was also ok - except that one time they made one of the spiciest dishes Scarlet had ever had the misfortune of trying. She absolutely hated anything spicy. 

It was also apparent that getting to Fryst would take even longer, as from what she understood they were going to go slower due to the semi-frozen water. Scarlet sighed as she looked out of the window of her room. Taiga had, from what she understood, gone to the topside of the boat - probably to pester the Captain, knowing her. She chuckled a bit, thinking about Taiga. Suddenly, Cabrakan had entered the room, probably to get away from the cold outside. She waved at him as he walking into the room. "There's something you should know," he began, "There'll be guards stationed at Fryst, and access to the city itself will be highly restricted. That much you may have been told already, but I highly doubt that you've been told the reason why that is. So I'll tell you. There's talk of a fear that outsiders will overrun the city. I know this sounds ridiculous to the both of us, but it's something that the guards in particular have taken very seriously; hence the severe restriction of access. In any case, there's also talk that the leader has been searching for... a weapon of sorts, that will help him prevent Fryst from being overrun by anyone. I haven't been to Fryst in quite some time, so I'd be the last person to confirm or deny whether he's procured such a thing by now. But take it as you will nonetheless." 

Scarlet took a second to take all of that in. "A fear of being overrun huh? A bit irrational...do you know why? Like, is it a prophecy or something like that?" She said out loud a bit, thinking about what he had just told her. "Oh, and if anyone tells you not to go to Mount Icecrown, you should heed their warning. I should know; I saw someone die there." She looked at him  "I appreciate all this information. I hope you don't mind, but..." she stood up from the bed "...how do you know all of this?" The answer was fairly obvious, but she didn't want to assume anything. "Also, bout the person who died. Was it the people that killed the person in question? Or was it the mountain itself."

S.S. Showdown

The Captain heard Taiga’s voice and promptly swooped down dramatically. “Your concern is noted my lovely shark. This ship is sturdy, and built to handle the ice. I appreciate the tip though, I’ve got it all handled. Don’t you worry your pretty little head.” He winked...and then stumbled as the ship suddenly stopped. Everyone standing on the deck was suddenly and violently pushed to the side. “Well...that’s unusual. Solana what’s going on up there?”
The Rotom was stationed at the bow of the ship, and she took to the air, levitating a foot off the deck, and checked over the edge. “We’ve got a problem Captain!”

Meanwhile Trava had been staring at Scarlet and Cabrakan for a while, though they hadn’t noticed her presence until the ship suddenly came to a stop. That‘s when they realized she was standing there, with a blank look on her face, looking at them while holding a pile of blankets “Oh hey! Jane told me to bring down blankets, cause, you know, cold and stuff.” She looked around and stage-whispered. “But I think there’s something more important going on top-side....Let’s go look!” She dragged them with her, up to the deck.

BGM

Where it seemed the ship was under assault. A swarm of Water and Ice types were continuously landing on the deck, as well as some hardy Flying types. The Rotom were hard at work fighting off the intruders, while Clyde attempted to keep the ship from listing and the Captain appeared to be preventing even more Gijinka from boarding, and keeping them from attacking the ship itself.
When he noticed Trava and the rest, he called out to them. “Trava get into the fray, Taiga, Scarlet, Cabrakan, get your asses back down below. This is my ship, my fight, I’m not letting my guests come to harm. And that’s not a request damn it!” He spiraled out of the way of a pair of ice attacks, and then continued. “Jane, get down to the rooms, it’s time to pull the red rope.”

Jane nodded as Trava took her place in the battle. She looked worse for wear as she hurried past the guests and down the stairs. She didn’t motion for them to follow but the intent was for them to come with.
She knew she had to reach the rope soon, and things would get easier, but there was a problem.
In the hallway that led to the rooms, there were more Gijinka. She hadn’t noticed the Spikes along the floor, since she was currently using levitation, but that didn’t stop her from being surprised.
Two rotund Glalie, and one Froslass. They seemed unsurprised by Jane’s entrance. The Froslass took the opportunity to fire a Shadow Ball at the girl, and she let out a cry as the attack brought her down. She struggled to stand, knowing she had to get to the rope....she had to....Jane fell into unconsciousness.

Asriel’s House

The door opened before Whisper had been able to knock. Asriel was standing on the other side with a relaxed and expectant look. “Welcome Whisper, come inside please.” As Whisper entered he looked out into the city, eyes finding one pink haired individual in particular. An amused smile came to his lips but he said nothing, as he closed the door.

The inside of the house was...extraordinarily basic. There was a cot to one side. A small chest where one might store clothes, and a painting on the wall. One that depicted Asriel with four young Gijinka. Several candles were spread throughout the room, all alight. A smell of lavender filled the air. There was a strange feeling to this room. A relaxing feeling. There was a sense of sacredness as well, though it seemed to come more from Asriel than the room. Asriel let Whisper wander the room as she wanted, for a while, before getting her attention.

He smiled warmly at her, seeming to know what feeling she was getting. “It’s really quite simple, child. To bring out one’s memories. However I must let you know, this can be a painful experience. Not of the body, but of the spirit. Delving into memories can bring up feelings, experiences, that you have forgotten. Or those that you do not realize the importance of until you experience again. This is all needed, however, to relearn that which was forgotten.”

Asriel took a pair of cushions out from the chest, and set them several feet across from each other in the center of the room. He kneeled on one and motioned for Whisper to do the same.
“Close your eyes, close your eyes and think of nothing. Don’t use your head, but your heart, feel the connection to the past. Feel it, grasp it, and let it grasp you as well. You’ll feel a pulling, do not resist, let your memories take you....”

The room faded, Asriel faded, the room faded. Whisper slipped into a memory, several memories, overlapping and changing, going through years and months in moments. Until settling on the memory that was being sought...

Outside the house, there was a ripple of some sort, and those near the house could feel a similar pull, and a weaker sort of flashback.

Juyu Festival Ground

Gwen was happy to see they accepted the muffins eagerly. Clearly she had gotten something right. When Wally asked about the Kirlia, she gasped. She had almost forgotten there would be people curious about that. “Yes, she’s quite alright. She was hurt but...A nice young man saved her, I think. And the attacker...” She paused, uncomfortable. “Is...gone.” Before she could delve any farther, Alleria, who seemed confused, mentioned her destination.

Wally seemed to accept quickly, which made Gwen more willing to accept as well. She had wanted to travel with a friend, she’s never been able to do that before, and Wally seemed like a great choice in companions. She felt close to the Empoleon already, at least to some level, and she wanted to travel with her. Gwen had to consider it, however, for many reasons. She didn’t want to say for sure just yet...

Lok came then, and Gwen gave him a fond look as he spoke. “I do not know where he is, but it’s possible he doesn’t plan on coming. Now that you’re here, Alleria has offered for me to travel with her to the capital.” She looked at Alleria. “I don’t want to make any assumptions, is this invitation open for Lok as well?” She waited for an answer. “And as to myself...I come from Alpha, and took the path from Adarid to come here. Though, I am not opposed to returning. I had only stopped there for but a day before continuing. I...think I’d like to know what Lok wants, first. I do not want to abandon him.” She looked to Lok then, head tilted slightly. “What do you want to do, dear, anything is fine. I’m not picky. I’m a Mismagius, not a Quilfish.” She said with a laugh. “Get it? Cause, picky....quills...nevermind.” Gwen tried to cover her blush with a hand, and waited for Lok’s reply.

"I'm going with ya, Altaria! Anything for a chance to get some legendary info."

"Huh...you're seeking a legend too? I wonder, who do you aim for? Maybe if we seek the same legend we can work it out with each other, right?"

Alright, that's one new teammate gets. It would help her get things done better. Although she probably would be better off learning and writing down their names soon - she seemed to have a bad tendency to hit her head hard as of late. Alleria was going to ask about the Mismargius' reply to her when someone came towards the three. Alleria turned around, expecting the person to be Himiko. She's eager to introduce the two of them to the Chimencho girl that had the kindness to take care of her after yesterday. However, the person that came was actually a Rotom boy.

"Good to see you guys are ok too!"

"...Alright, all these strangers knowing about me is getting pretty creepy." Alleria mumbled to herself as the Rotom greeted her and the Empoleon. She waved at him with a smile, still. Although, she still felt somewhat dejected that the person that came wasn't Himiko. Wonder whe she was now...?

The Mismargius however, seemingly was close to the Rotom, and the two proceeded to talk about this someone named like a certain kind of foreign festivity. It seemed that he was missing during yesterday's ruckus? But Alleria didn't hear much else from the two's conversation. Soon however, the Mismargius shifted the topic back into Alleria's offer as she told the boy about it.

“I don’t want to make any assumptions, is this invitation open for Lok as well?”

"Of course! The more, the merrier after all. It will definitely be fun, trust me." She shifted her gaze towards the Rotom.

“And as to myself...I come from Alpha, and took the path from Adarid to come here. Though, I am not opposed to returning. I had only stopped there for but a day before continuing. I...think I’d like to know what Lok wants, first. I do not want to abandon him.” That was the Mismargius' own reply for Alleria's offer. She then turned her attention back towards the boy. “What do you want to do, dear, anything is fine. I’m not picky. I’m a Mismagius, not a Quilfish.” 

A beat.

“Get it? Cause, picky....quills...nevermind.”

That joke hurts more than being prickled by a Qwilfish.

Juyu

“I do not know where he is, but it’s possible he doesn’t plan on coming." Lok nodded, frowning a bit. He was hoping that Easter would tag along, but there was no way to force him to go. "Now that you’re here, Alleria has offered for me to travel with her to the capital.” "Alleria?" He assumed that she was referring to the Altaria, seeing as she followed this statement with a glance towards her. “I don’t want to make any assumptions, is this invitation open for Lok as well?” Lok turned to Alleria to see her response. "Of course! The more, the merrier after all. It will definitely be fun, trust me." She turned to him, as Lok returned her gaze with a grin. “And as to myself...I come from Alpha, and took the path from Adarid to come here. Though, I am not opposed to returning. I had only stopped there for but a day before continuing. I...think I’d like to know what Lok wants, first. I do not want to abandon him.” Gwen shifted her attention to him. “What do you want to do, dear, anything is fine. I’m not picky. I’m a Mismagius, not a Quilfish.” There was a brief pause from everyone. Lok tilted his head in confusion. “Get it? Cause, picky....quills...nevermind.” 

"Ooohhhhh..." Lok said when he finally understood her joke. He giggled - not so much to the joke, but more so due to her reaction. "Sure, I'll tag along! Being in a group sounds like a lot of fun." He smiled at the group. 

S.S. Showdown

It would seem that Scarlet wasn't going to get her answers yet. Suddenly, the boat stopped. Turning around to see what had happened, she had noticed the Rotom in the room. How long has she been there? “Oh hey! Jane told me to bring down blankets, cause, you know, cold and stuff.” In her hands were said blankets. "Oh, thank you..." Before Scarlet could reach out and grab one of the blankets, however, the Rotom girl let out whispered loudly “But I think there’s something more important going on top-side....Let’s go look!” Before she could reply, the girl had ran out of the door, dragging Scarlet and Cabrakan up to the deck.

Chaos had ensued on the deck. The boat was being swarmed by groups of Water- and Ice-typed Pokemon. “Trava get into the fray, Taiga, Scarlet, Cabrakan, get your asses back down below. This is my ship, my fight, I’m not letting my guests come to harm. And that’s not a request damn it!” He was interrupted by a barrage of Ice-type moves, but continued. “Jane, get down to the rooms, it’s time to pull the red rope.”The two rotoms seemed to switch places with each other - Trava looking worn down from the fighting on the Deck. Scarlet decided it would be best to accompany her, in case the hostiles had gotten inside the ship.

As they reached the hallway, it would seem that Scarlet's concerns were not out of place. The hallways themselves were layers in spikes, and behind the trap was a Froslass and two Glalies. Before they knew it, the Froslass had blasted the Rotom with a Shadow Ball - it was clear that they were expecting someone to come down here. Scarlet grit her teeth as the Rotom fell unconscious. She started doing a Swords Dance, ending it with her pincers aimed at the three, one in front of the other. "En garde!" she let out, preparing herself to attack.

Juyu

BGM

"Well that pretty much settles it then!" Gwen said, clapping her hands together. "Guess that makes us a team, right? Oh this is so exciting, I've never been part of a team before! I'm sure this will be a splendid adventure, don't you think?" She looked around at her new friends fondly, before pausing. "Alleria you seem to be worried about something, is there perhaps someone you're waiting for? Would you like to go look for them? The rest of us can gather some supplies for the trip, you can meet us at the start of the road to Adarid." Gwen realized what she was doing and laughed awkwardly. "Didn't mean to be so bossy, sorry about that, it's a bit of a habit."

After things were settled, Gwen set out to make sure they had enough food for the trip, and some extra just in case. Then she headed to the exit, floating back and forth, back and forth, nervously waiting. She wasn't sure how this all worked but she was certainly excited to find out how well she did at being in a group of this sort.

The memory of the masked woman from before sprung to her mind as she waited. She felt a strange familiarity. And a foreboding, but also....something good, too. She contemplated this strangeness as she waited and her hand wandered into her pack to brush against the pillow inside.

Wes cringed a little at Sid's words, thinking he was making another jab at her. Then he smiled and, despite its creepiness, she relaxed a bit. "Yeah you're right, gotta get going. I wanted to try and get some information before that but better to be out there without info than in jail with it. Adarid could be a good place to start." Wes sounded unsure about that. She was determined to track down the Zangoose jabroni and she had a feeling Sada wouldn't have gone that way.

She had just opened the door to find an Accelgor girl standing there, hand raised. As Wes appeared, the girl quickly brought her hand down. "Hey uh...wait, you look familiar...You're that deputy, aren't you?" Wes' eyes narrowed, and she got ready to knock the girl to the ground. She wasn't going to let herself be arrested without a fight...

The girl thrust a pouch towards Wes. "For the singing competition." She said quietly. Wes paused, confused, before taking the bag.

"There's Poke in this...ya mean we won?" Kayla shrugged and handed another, nodding at Sid. Wes took it and tossed it back towards him. "Looks like we're stars, eh?" Wes said with a twinkle in her eyes. This had been quite the lucrative morning.

"Wanted to make sure you don't get into more trouble..." Kayla said, bringing Wes' attention back to the girl. "Trouble is...bad." Kayla finished awkwardly.

"Don't worry we'll be outta your hair soon...actually, while you're here. Do ya know where that Zangoose, Sada, went? Or got anything that could help me find her. She owes me Poke..."

Kayla hesitated, looking at the other two. "Come here, alone." she said, moving silently down the hall. Wes shrugged at the other two and followed Kayla until they were out of earshot of the others.

"She's not here. Left." Kayla said. She hesitated, a sad look crossed her face. "I don't know where she went. But...Remember bringing her to justice is our job. Um. She wasn't born in Juyu, came from Deku, maybe...who knows." Kayla started to walk away, then paused. She seemed to contemplate saying more, then sighed. "Back then she called herself The White Fury...That's all. Don't harm her, and you won't want to ask Heather about this...Goodbye."

Wes waved lazily, "Thanks, and don't worry, not gonna bother with that one." Kayla left and Wes chuckled. "Can't promise I won't harm the Zangoose though..."

Wes returned to the room, and informed them of her decision. "Sorry squirt, if you wanted to go to Adarid. Seems Deku is our best bet. We're on a hunt for The White Fury." Wes laughed at the last bit, thinking about how ridiculous of a name that was. "Anyway split up and gather some supplies, it'll be a few days trip to Deku and not a lot in between. We'll meet up and head off as soon as possible. If the deputy made a house call probably means we're being watched. Hop to it, Sada gets farther away the longer we wait."

[spoiler=OOC]Okay so yeah, Gwen and Lok have joined Team Karaoke, and things are getting set to move out. Once y'all are gathered, you can even start down the road, I'll add more stuff.

And Team Dark is about ready to move out as well. The road to Deku will be strangely devoid of animals and Gijinka, but a couple days down the road you'll stumble across a group of dead bandits. Once you all are posted and such I can introduce the city. I still have a little bit to work out with how it looks and such (Yay more crappy Paint maps!).

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

The walk through the desert hadn't been anything worth noting.  The legends about Reshiram said it was fire-type, so it would probably feel right at home around here. Kah, while quite able to tolerate the heat, wouldn't like to spend the rest of her life in it. She was more fond of the slightly cooler climate of her native Skuldafn. But this was no time to be getting homesick, especially since Kah had no plans of going home anytime soon. Especially with a big Snorlax up ahead, with a big hearty laugh. “Well hello there travelers, looks like you brought half the desert with you. I take it you want to get into this cave dontcha? I ain’t gonna fool with you that’s not gonna happen...at least not with you like that.” Another laugh, even bigger and louder than the one before. This man must have had quite the sense of humor. Then he looked straight at Kah.

“You there, taking these kids somewhere like this and letting them get into this state, for shame. I’d whoop you right now to teach you a lesson but these kids gotta get some rest. Come to my place, the wife’s got stew cooking and I’m sure you’re hungry.”

"I'm no happier about the runts tagging along than you are," Kah said, partly exasperated from the long trip and partly from the fact that she found herself in some way agreeing with the big guy. If anything, she was even less happy about her petite party than this guy since she had to watch their backs all this way. Food, however, sounded nice. Not to mention it would be betraying her nature as a Hydreigon to turn down a meal. Hopefully this guy knew just what kind of person he was offering to.

d2akEes.png

The trip to the house wasn't a long one, and the big and rather literal Snorlax of a man was met with a child before entering. Once in, Kah could already smell the food. And then there was the wife, a lovely Lopunny lady. They were a very warm family; it was easy to tell. In its own way, it was a bittersweet feeling to Kah to see them like that. In Skuldafn, this kind of affection had to be earned by proving your strength; it wasn't something that was just freely given like with these three. Though she'd rather not admit it, she was quite the runt herself for a long time. This runt here with the Snorlax father and Lopunny mother had it easy. Not long later, the wife introduced herself as Debbie, and her husband as Dorian.

Then the runts introduced themselves in turn, Ari and...Mackenzie? Kah had to make an active effort to not laugh at that one. Nodding towards the wife - even if they were of lesser types, anyone was due some respect, at least in their own home - Kah introduced herself with "I'm Kah, and over here we have Kazo," punctuating her statement with a gesture toward the other dragon in the room, who seemed to be enjoying himself with Dorian's company. Good; he'd seemed tense or nervous pretty much this entire time, and that wouldn't do him any good when it came time to fight whatever was in that cave.

"So why are the three of you living all the way out here, so far from civilization, to begin with?" As she asked this, Kah approached the table and pulled up a chair for herself. The stew looked good, and she could go for a light snack.

MwhMjJD.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x2, Pecha Berry Sandwich

Seemed Fawkes's idea of heading to the capitol wasn't going far. That was okay; it was just a suggestion, and she was sort of tagging along on the goodwill of Wes and Sid anyway. If they had wanted to ditch her, they probably could have left her in the dust before she even knew they were packing their bags. But they weren't doing that! Wes seemed to speak with someone at the door for a short while before tossing Sid what looked like a small bag of cash, then left the room for a short moment before returning. She had a look on her that said she knew where she was going. Munching on a Haban Berry pastry from within the bag given to her not long ago, Fawkes listened intently.

"Sorry squirt, if you wanted to go to Adarid. Seems Deku is our best bet. We're on a hunt for The White Fury."

Fawkes nearly choked on her food at the mention of The White Fury. "She exists!?" the little Zorua couldn't help but exclaim. This was going to be an adventure and a half; Fawkes could already tell. When Fawkes woke up this morning - or any morning for that matter - "We're on a hunt for The White Fury" wasn't exactly on the list of sentences she'd expected to hear that day.

"Anyway split up and gather some supplies, it'll be a few days trip to Deku and not a lot in between. We'll meet up and head off as soon as possible. If the deputy made a house call probably means we're being watched. Hop to it, Sada gets farther away the longer we wait."

So not only did she exist, but she had a name. Wes and Sid - with the addition of Fawkes herself, of course - were on a mission to hunt her down too. This was really something. If the food didn't wake her up, the prospect of meeting The White Fury for herself sure did, and the look on her face spoke miles of it.

"She exists!?" 

Wes arched an eyebrow at the little thief as she began packing her-eh, the belongings into a bag. So Sada was pretty famous, huh? "Yep." She responded with a smirk before spinning around and swinging the overstuffed backpack on to her tiny shoulders. "And you're going to tell me all about her on the way." She turned and flashed her two accomplices a grin before moving towards the door. "Com'on, let's grab some supplies and get this show road!" And just like that, Team Dark was off on their next adventure. 

iU8EggM.png

A few days later...

"Hm, this one is in pretty bad shape too..." Wesley voice called down to Fawkes and Sid from atop wicked looking tree as she poked and prodded at a corps that was left hanging amongst it's branches. The last couple days and been eerily peaceful for the trio of dark types. With not a single living thing crossing their path since they made it a mile out of Juyu. Though of course that couldn't last. What kind of adventure would it be if they didn't stumble across a large amassment of fallen bandits cluttering the path to Deku?

Vanishing from atop the tree and reappearing at Sid's side, Wes yawned rater loudly before lazily nudging another one of the corpses with her foot. "They were bandits that's for sure." She turned to Fawkes and spoke in an informative tone. This was a good opportunity to teach the kid what happened to people who didn't follow the code. "Must have tried to to rob the wrong person, cus every bone in this one's body is broken..."  She took a moment to inspect the scene a final time, then yawned again. "Oh well. Com'on, Rascal let's check the bodies for loot then keep it pushing... These guys are going to start stinking soon."

Juyu

All Easter knew was that one moment, he was standing outside a house, and the next, there was a ripple, and he was sent reeling to the floor. Dazed, he attempted to stand, but fell down again, and the world went black for a second.

--

BGM

The next moment, he was back on a very familiar ship, sorting out a scuffle between a Jolteon and an Espeon. "No, Rei, you can't challenge Fi to a race. No, Fi, just because you see yourself accepting in the future doesn't give you the excuse to humor her. Oh, wait a second," he paused to look at a newcomer, a Leafeon with droopy posture. "What is it, Laura?"

"Uh, um...John is asking for you," she poked two fingers together and blushed, lowering her eyes.

"Oh, all right," Easter relaxed at those words. "Now, when I get back, there better not be any marks on this deck, or so help me, I'll use the two of you to wipe it off."

As he walked toward the stairs leading belowdecks, he was stopped by a Swampert. "Tough time handling them, eh?"

"You don't know the half of it," Easter ground out. "Sometimes they just make me want to explode. Do they realize who has to clean up after their shenanigans? Jet went on strike after the last mess, and we're still fixing that up."

"Good luck," the Swampert winked. "Glad I don't have to deal with that."

The Sylveon grumbled to himself as he descended the stairs. "Lucky bastard. Wish I were first mate so I wouldn't have to either..." Ignoring the Swampert's laughter from behind, he approached the galley door, and knocked.

"Come in," a voice answered, and he opened it, savoring the scent of baked goods. "'Sup, East. Look here. This is high-class grub," The owner, a Flareon in an apron, gestured at a tray of freshly-baked muffins. "I wanted you to be the first to try them."

"You really do know how to charm a man, don't you, John?" the Sylveon winked. "I'm going to get fat from all the goodies you've given me."

"You? Fat?" the fire type scoffed. "No, you spend too much time cleaning up after Rei's messes for that."

"Don't even remind me," Easter groaned.

"Yeah, let's not think about that. Here, try this," John shoved the muffin into the Sylveon's mouth. "Good, isn't it? Chocolate chip is the best flavor."

"I have to disagree," the pinkette mumbled between bites. "Blueberry."

"You and your blueberries," the redhead rolled his eyes. "Sorry, princess, but we ran out of fresh blueberries a while back."

"You'll just have to buy more when we reach land, then."

"What do you think I am, made of money?" the two laughed. Easter felt a rare moment of peace. Ship life was hectic, but times like these made it all worth it.

--

And then he was back in the present, choking back tears. "That...was a trip," the Sylveon muttered. Looking up, he noticed the person in front of the house had disappeared, probably inside the house. By now, it was useless to go after those ghosts. "But maybe I can still find that person from before..." he mumbled. The one who reminded him of the masked lady. They could even be the same person.

Archived