Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Taiga grinned as her teeth made contact with the Glalie's cold flesh.  The contrast of the warm blood was quite pleasing.  She decided to start jerking her head around, trying to rip into this wound some more, but was interrupted when an icicle struck her body.  Looking up without letting go of the Glalie's leg, she noticed a gaping bloody hole had been made by the icicle that crashed into her.  A twisted smile showed on her face as she started to giggle.  

"Fufufu...lucky that icicle's fall was softer...thanks to your body being in the way.  If not...I probably would've been a shark-kabo-" her smart alack remark had landed her a couple of blows to the head.  However, each time the Glalie had stomped on her body, the grip of her bite became stronger.

Behind her, something was becoming hotter...draining too.  Flashing her eyes back quickly, Cabrakan was in the middle of an expanding blue fire.

"Idiot!  Don't get me caught up in your attacks, or you'll be sorry!"  Her speech was muffled by the Glalie leg she was holding onto.  Using every ounce of strenght she had, she tossed the Glalie into the path of the blue flame.  

"Fufu...you weren't even that tasty!  Melt for all I care!"  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regirock's Cave
Ari had spat fireballs multiple times by now. He couldn't help but feel a bit sad that they didn't seem to be working. In fact, he hadn't been able to do much this whole trip. Still, he wouldn't let that bring him down. Otherwise, how could he face his family back home? Ever since that fiasco with the Mightyena at the Donphan graveyard, he had felt a bit out of sorts. But then his uncle, Prince John, had suggested he could prove himself a brave lion just like his father. He couldn't back down just yet!

Right then, Kah punched the legend with tremendous force, and then Kazo, who had disappeared, shot up from the earth, slamming his head into the legend multiple times. Ari paused his attacks then, not wanting to accidentally hit his friends. That would only make things worse! Instead, he scrunched his eyes closed and focused on getting stronger. Gotta get stronger, gotta get stronger...

tRCh4Z6.png

On the road
Sweets...so sweet. So delicious. Bonbons, lollipops, saltwater taffy, macaroons, gummy bears...they all sounded delicious at the moment. It hadn't taken long for the gluttonous Sylveon to eat most of the sweets he had brought with him, and he was currently saving the rest for a rainy day...or an hour from now.

He was drooling over the image of a truffle drizzled in frosting when a strong-looking Flareon nearly ran him over. "Oi there, out of the way whelps!" he growled. "Bah I can’t bother with you lot." Before Easter could react, or even reprimand him on his lack of manners, he bounded past them.

Easter shook his head. "Well, that was...sudden."

And then another gijinka appeared, but one that was, unfortunately enough, very familiar to the pink-haired boy. A Jolteon wearing a large fur-trimmed coat, her expression was the total opposite of his. Excited and friendly.

"Heeeeey, Easter my man, what’s up! Looks like you found yourself a partner, lot more...female than I would’ve expected, how’s it been!"

Oh, gods, not her again. "Oh, I'm doing...fine," he trailed off awkwardly before cursing himself at his own lack of manners. Still, he hardly had pleasant memories of this gijinka. Mostly he remembered her causing more work for him to clean up after. And then there was...but no, that was...in the past. "How are you, Rei? Oh! Excuse me," he shook his head and turned to his dark companion. "Rei, this is Whisper. Whisper, this is Rei. She used to work with me on the S.S. Showdown." Much as he winced at the very mention of that name, it was only polite to explain just how he knew this person.

Two days of travel had, so far, been fairly uneventful. Between being the only two Gijinkas on the road and a surprising lack of any theives or robbers, the most Whisper had in terms of entertainment were the conversations she and Easter shared at night. Not that she was ungrateful, it was quite nice to actually have someone to travel with, she was just very bored. Well, it wasn't like she could expect every day to be as eventful as the two she had spent in Juyu now was it? 

"Oi there, out of the way whelps!" The sound of a voice other than hers or the Sylveon's shocked her, and brought her attention right to the...Flareon?...that was rushing past. "Bah I can't bother with you lot." Why was he dressed so strangely? Why was he running like a mad man? Really, there were more questions to be had than answers at this point.

"Did he just call us whelps?" She asked, not bothering to look back at Easter as she followed the course of the running man. Mainly so that she could work out where he was going, and then pay him a visit to teach him not to insult her. By the time another voice rang out, one which was slightly grating to her ears, she'd since developed a twitch in her left eye and had made the decision to hunt that fool down.

"Heeeeey, Easter my man, what's up! Looks like you found yourself a partner, a lot more...female than I would've expected, how's it been?" Something about this Jolteon just made Whisper want to hate her. Thankfully she wasn't quite so petty as to just hate someone without any further knowledge of them than the sound of their voice. So, with no small amount of confusion, she turned her attention towards her 'partner' as it were with a questioning look on her face.

"Oh, I'm doing...fine." Well, it seemed he didn't want to be around this one any more than Whisper did. That certainly did not bode well for her opinion of the Jolteon, but Easter did seem to come around. "How are you, Rei? Oh! Excuse me. Rei, this is Whisper. Whisper, this is Rei. She used to work with me on the S.S. Showdown." At least she had some context into who this person was now. As was polite, she greeted the Jolteon with a bow of her head and managed a sweet smile on her face before she spoke.

"A pleasure to meet you, Rei," even her tone of voice was sweet now, much sweeter than Easter had heard it before at least. "Before you ask, Easter and I met back in Juyu. We ended up in a group performance at the music festival." It certainly wasn't a lie, if you considered what they did to that Camerupt a performance. With her interest now piqued, she gestured off in the direction the apparent Flareon had run. "Having some trouble keeping your man around, are we?"

Fjanna Vaia Livrais

Team TBD

"How are you? What can I do to help?"

"Ah, so you're mute? I guess that means no one will be able to hear you scream when...

Just kidding~"

Well, at least she could hear, Fia thought. And it's a convenience store for reals this time. No vitamin deals, just solid daily needs. Too bad she wasn't a singer though. That 20% discount sounds sweet. Being tone deaf at a time like this sucked real bad. But didn't matter, she should have some money or something to buy what she needed in full. Fia just hoped the deal here aren't as rough as the skin of the shop's owner.

"Pardon me for my joke earlier. I think I need some uh...general food supply for two weeks, oil, sugar, seasonings, and I guess that's all-

Oh! And several bars of the best, sweetest-smelling soap you have! The smell of nighttime sports can be pretty bad at times.

Also...can I sell things here?"

“An entertainer, like us, will find true happiness within others’ smile. The fact they enjoys our performance is the greatest reward.

Put up your best smile to them, even if it’s a lie. If you’re sad, smile. If you’re angry, smile. Hide your emotions behind that smile to be an entertainer. That mask you wear, in the end will turn into the real thing as long as they’re happy.”

“…Is it really true, Mom?” The young girl stared with curiosity towards her mother, as they traversed the paved countryside road on a carriage. It was somewhat late at night, and the two of them couldn’t sleep well with the shaking from the carriage – and the fear of potential bandit attacks. Of course, that fear would be unfounded. As far as both of them aware of, the path there was the safest one possible. After all it's under constant protection from the King's men since he used it a lot. They're not too far from the capital city too. If anything, perhaps their lack of ability to sleep was more caused by the anxiety of what would be in store for them in the new city.

“Of course!  Being an entertainer, like what I am doing, and what you wanted to do when you grow up, is a tiring and hard job. You must understand what the crowd before you wanted, and you must be able to give your best in fulfilling their expectation, and more. Thus, a true entertainer is one that can bring smiles and satisfaction to any kind of audiences.

It’s something others outside of the business won’t be able to appreciate. And the pressure from your audience will be, at times, pretty stressing. This is why, by choosing this path, you have chosen one path of feeling happiness. If you want a proof, you can try singing the song you found a while back to me. You liked that song a lot, right?

The Unfading One, wasn’t it? It is a nice song, so let’s hear you perform it for me and the good mister handling the carriage.”

“I’ll try my best then! Not going to disappoint you, mom!” With excitement, the young girl then started to sing the requested song. However, behind that excitement, a lingering doubt refused to leave her thought. Her mother kept telling her the same thing over and over again. Bring smiles with your performance. Entertain your audience, for that is how an entertainer would be happy. It's not like she's wrong, but even the young girl saw something behind those words. It was as if the one saying it didn't believe on those words herself.

Was it really the way for both of them to be happy?

Atelier Aretha

Team Karaoke, On way to Opera Hall

"....That was a weird dream."

She could barely remember what she dreamed of as the wagon continued its way towards one of the capital city's best landmarks. Only thing she could remember from it was something about smiles and happiness, and also her mother being there. Perhaps it's one of the times her mother told her to keep doing - an advice she upheld even now. Wherever she would be now, perhaps she noticed Alleria's faltering will as an entertainer? That's kinda scary. Either way, she knew that her unease would be solved by a good performance or two.

"Surely the stars will rise again.

Surely the sins I feel will weaken."

Alleria started to hum the lyrics to a song. That wasn't the beginning of the song, but it was for some reasons the first two lines she remembered now. In silence, she looked at the sleeping Fiona. She looked so peaceful in her sleep. The feeling she had for her ever since the Drapion joined the team had been weird. Was it love? That'd be just plain stupid. Was it contempt? Perhaps - the Drapion was clumsy and self-admittedly unable to do much, but she's pretty and could sing well, so Alleria wouldn't dislike her for being around. What was it though? It had to do with the peaceful expression she kept on showing when she's sleeping like this. That's must be it. But why did that expression had anything to do with the feeling she felt? The smile Fiona had didn't actually give the happiness her mother kept on saying after all.

Perhaps, it's not about the smile itself. Maybe it's something that could be done about the smile. Whatever that would be, Alleria had no idea about it just now. But that shouldn't matter. She's here to find out after all. Fiona would definitely happy to help.

"Ah, there's nothing I can do to resist!"

Adarid
C.C. Wallenstein/Team Karaoke

In the contents of the book she held, Wallenstein found a section titled 'Arceus: An Anthology', that contained bits of information on 'Arceus'. It was impossible to verify these 'facts' as they came from old records here and there, but nevertheless the excerpts in the section were invaluable.

Even for a legendary as mysterious as Arceus, there were some things most people knew, like how it was believed to be the Creator, or that it was with very little doubt the strongest being in the world. But due to the ambiguous nature of its existence, it was hard for many to believe in Arceus as anything more than a myth or a story. No one's seen it recently, and those amongst which it lived with were long gone. The section then, dealt with things known about Arceus that didn't attract the curiosity of the general masses. Wallenstein skimmed through the contents, her mind's eye careful to notice any mention of words such as 'location' or 'whereabouts' or, as unlikely as it is, 'how to find Arceus'.

What she found most interesting about the anthology was a footnote at the end.

For those who are guided by great curiosity, know this: There is an individual known to have witnessed the Lord. This individual is, just like the legend he sought to discover, shrouded in much mystery. But it was certainly true that this individual, through another legendary, encountered the Creator. Should you seek Arceus for any reason, may this trivial knowledge guide you on your journey.

Her eyes went through the lines several times, before she pulled out a notebook from her coat and copied the words down. Those words, they were certainly meant for people like her, people who wanted to meet the Creator. The author was a true scholar, she felt. Unable to ever meet God himself, he decided to dedicate his work to helping others reach that near-impossible goal. She whispered a word of thanks.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty tired. Let's get out and find a place to sleep."

Juyu
Albrecht/Team TBD

"I don't mind answering but do you interrogate every single traveler that comes by? That seems tedious." They were promptly seated at a restaurant. Albrecht, the sheriff, and presumably her assistant.

"Well, it is fine. I'm a Chaser, I became one to find an individual who is also a Chaser. Wallenstein Claud, Empoleon. She goes by the title Cold Crown Wallenstein. The reason I search for her is personal and should not be something a sheriff would find relevant. She is to my knowledge not a criminal, although I am obligated to say my awareness of her status regarding crime is lacking. Naturally, my intentions for seeking her is for something that is harmless and lawful." She fiddled with her hair a little.

"She apparently is a person that stands out wherever she goes." 'Apparently' was a weird way to put it, she felt, but it was appropriate. She has only second-hand impressions of 'Wally'."Perhaps as sheriff, you may have noticed an impressionable Empoleon appearing lately? Tell what you can."

X-X-X

Afterwards, Albrecht made her way out of the restaurant, taking heed of the warnings the sheriff gave her. She was at quite lost on what to do now.

"...Well, it is fine. I shall ask the three their plans first."

Team Mac, Regirock’s Cave

Ugh the dumbies! Mac groaned as the two Gijinka attacked Regirock, totally getting in the way and preventing her from being able to fight effectively. She glanced over at Ari and grinned. That was a plan, indeed. She began to Charge her energy while watching as the fight continued.

Regirock seemed to be taking the blows well, for how powerful they were. But even his solid defenses seemed to be getting slowly worn down. That is until he used his previous ability to move the rocks to form a wall between him and the two combatants. There were mere inches separating them and Regirock found himself between a rock and another rock. But not for long. The wall shot outwards, in a Stone Edge attack even more dense than the first, at close range, aiming separately at both Kah and Kazo.

He glanced over to the side, where he saw the young Helioptile storing energy. He headed towards it, bearing down on the tiny Gijinka. He was holding his fists to the ground, preparing to Bulldoze into the child. Then he hesitated, and his arms stopped glowing with the aura it had. he swatted the Gijinka instead, sending her flying.

Mac tumbled across the ground, head over heels, before landing with her back on the ground. “Ow.” She managed. That had hurt, a lot...but she had survived and attack from a legend! That was more than the people at home had told her she’d be able to do if she met one!
Her small victory was cut short as she suddenly had to try and avoid a rain of stalactites that fell from the ceiling. Regirock’s motions seemed to have triggered some sort of seismic activity and the stalactites were now falling in several places. One of which being above the Litleo, who was concentrating on something else. “Ari, look out, above you!” Mac called out in the hopes the kid would know how to react.

Team Showdown, S.S. Showdown

The Glalie didn’t realize he was biting off more than he could chew until it was too late. By then he had been sucked into the horrible and strange flames the Chandelure exuded. Several icicles crashed into Cabrakan while he held fast to the Glalie, but he didn’t loosen his grip. Though it was clear that eventually the damage he was taking would affect him eventually.

At least that was the hope of the last Glalie who was still standing. Well, not so much standing as laying on the ground, after the stubborn shark had thrown him. He saw the flames coming and put up a layer of Protection, while focusing on strengthening the Hail. The icicles had started slowing, and the walls seemed to have weakened somewhat as well. He knew his mistress must be farther away now, and he began to laugh.

Team WTF, Two Days From Juyu

Rei’s smile slipped slightly at the mention of the S.S. Showdown, but it was back again within moments as the stranger, Whisper, spoke of a performance. “Easter singing? Damn wish I had seen that.” She cast him a sidelong glance. “Getting soft are we?” Then she poked the boy’s stomach. “All those sweets getting to you, haha!”
Whisper’s other question made her ears perk up. “So you saw him? Good, getting close getting close. But he ain’t my man, gonna take more than that to get in my pants.” She seemed to be bouncing with energy as she posed dramatically. “That, believe it or not, was none other than the Legendary Entei! That’s right Easter, Rei’s become a Chaser! I’ve been going after Entei ever since I took down his brother, Suicune. That was super exciting and I gotta admit I kinda got addicted to the feeling.” She grinned at the pair, excited for their reactions.

Team WTF (Fia), Juyu

The Carvanna shopkeep balked at the strange Bug’s threat, but, somewhat, calmed down once it was explained as a joke. But she still shyed away from her a bit, keeping one eye on the door just in case she had to run.
She nodded eagerly when it turned out this was a relatively normal customer, relative to the previous thing she said at least, and rushed around to gather up the supplies.

When asked if they were able to sell, however, the girl crossed her arms in front of her in an X shape. Then paused and scribbled on her board. “Sell what?”
When the sweaters were revealed, the Carvanna at first seemed unimpressed as Fia showed them off. Then she noticed one that the girl had been keeping towards the back, seemingly not being as proud of.

It was a sweater with large red lettering, “WELCOME
She started to use her fingers, doing some calculations while mouthing wordlessly. She made her offer. “The Sweater plus 200 for supplies”. However Fia proved herself to be good at the art of the haggle, maybe because she noticed how excited the girl was, and managed to lower it to a whopping 120 Poke plus the sweater.
The shopkeep girl seemed to be embarrassed to have folded so easily but she was cradling the sweater lovingly. “Have a nice day!

Team Karaoke (Alleria), Adarid Opera Hall

The Adarid Opera Hall, otherwise called the Melody Hall, was a large building. It was one of the first buildings the Emperor created after the Arena, having had a soft spot for the particular form of music. It was nearly three times larger than most other buildings in the city. Sadly, it had been under repair for a while now, after a fire.
It remained a remarkable building, and it was mostly in repair, but when they tried to make it open for public a week ago part of the roof caved in and almost crushed a rich merchant, and did crush his mistress. Interestingly, the merchant was more concerned with the fact his affair was made public than the fact that the woman died.
In either case, the place was still under construction. All the workers have gone for the night, but it was still illegal to enter. That didn’t seem to bother the young Altaria singer, however, as she continued into the building that was strangely easy to enter.
The inside was even more grand than the outside already appeared. The ceiling had art that depicted a trio of strange Gijinka, one blue, one yellow, and one pink, playing in a lake.

The building seemed empty, and every step sounded louder than normal. Thus, Fiona finally stirred awake.
She let out a “meep” and fell to the floor, looking around in a daze before settling on Alleria. “Uh, where are we?” She looked around more, and seemed to recognize the building. “What are we doing here?” She got up to a crouch, hand resting on one of the seats. “Are you....going to...do something to me?” The way she spoke, and her fidgeting, made it unclear if she was frightened, or excited, by this thought.

Team Karaoke (Wally, Lok, and Gwen), Voile

As Wally began to leave, the Xatu held up a hand. Each copy would do the same, so everyone would hear what came next. “There appears to be an intruder in the library. Someone with the intent to steal a book...But why...ah. I see. They are taking it from a section we do not allow people to go. This is most unfortunate.” The Xatu would look at each of the remaining Gijinka. “We would like if you helped us in capturing this thief. Do not harm them, but please, they must not escape. We can give you payment, in the form of TMs, if you do.”

Gwen immediately accepted, before even considering the reward. “Just tell me what to do.”
The Xatu explained they would guard the exits, but wouldn’t be able to stop the thief for long if they reached them. Gwen nodded. As soon as she stepped out of the book corner, the Xatu vanished from its place and took position at the nearest door. Gwen could hear shuffling from the upstairs, and realized that’s where the thief was. The hunt was on.

[spoiler=OOC]Alright Mitcher, Rep, this is where things get...tricky. Hopefully I did this right but here. Let me know about any confusion.
http://i.imgur.com/VanII7d.png?1
[spoiler=Once you see that]First. On the left square is the first floor, the right is the second.
Key: Blue circle. You. On the left is Wally, the right, Gwen and Lok.
Brown: Doors.
Green oval: Xatu.
Black: Bookshelves (Impassible)
Yellow arrow: Stairs. The up leads up, the down leads down.
Green 4-points Star: Thief

Here’s how it works. Every “turn” Gwen, Lok, and Wally can move one square. (Wally and Lok can separate)Then the thief moves two. If the thief reaches a door, and moves to exit, the oval vanishes. This means if they are one square away, they can move one next to the door, move again and get rid of the oval. After that they can leave next turn.
You can pass through any space not entirely blocked by bookshelves.
The thief can cross shelves. However, it takes one turn to go onto the shelf tile, and then two turns to get off.
Once you step on an arrow tile you can choose to automatically move to the corresponding arrow on the other floor.
If the thief passes your tile on their turn, you cannot move next turn, but they can only move one space the next two turns.
The goal is to end the turn on the same tile as the thief.

How we'll do this, I'm thinking. Is via PM. You must make your moves and I'll update the map accordingly. It might take a bit of time, and if either of you think you won't be able to, you have the option of giving control of the next turn to the other person.

Deku, Neo Not Team Dark (Dora)

Dora hadn’t been at the door when her new guardian’s friend came to visit. She was taking a nap in her room, and didn’t find out until an hour later.
She discovered it when her guardian went to wake her up. She smiled up with wide eyes at the announcement that they’d have a new person living with them, someone her own age. She wanted to go meet them right away! But her guardian convinced her to dress properly first. She came, skipping, out of her room and heading to where the young girl, Fawkes, was. While she was getting dressed and on her way out she began to hum a

And then she saw her, a Zorua! She’d heard about them but never saw one before. They seemed a bit down, for some reason, she noted as she ran over. During this she almost tripped and fell on her face three times. She ended up with her face inches away from Fawkes. “Hi! You’re Fawkes? We’re gonna be living together, I hope we can be best friends! Oh, but, if you don’t wanna that’s fine too. I understand.” She tilted her head to the side and grinned ear to ear. “Ooooh but could I see you do that Illusion thing, I heard that Zorua can do really cool stuff! Please please please show me! Then we can explore the city together! I hear you come from here but it’s so much cooler with another person! At least, I assume it is...So what do ya say?”

[spoiler=OOC, To New Peeps]Here we go. Basically what I want from you both is to IN A PM send me a post. The post will basically be your character responding to Wes dropping off Fawkes, explaining to Dora, and responding to the above. Plus any other thing you want to add about the character’s thoughts, actions through the day, etc. Don’t limit yourself to just thoughts about the current situation. If you need help, of have any questions, feel free to ask. Remember, the post I find is the best will be the one to get in. Please try your best. Also I am not going to be accepting script format. (For instance Bob: Hey how’s it going? Would be better as “Hey how’s it going?” Bob asked. Or similar.)

Fjanna Vaia Livrais

Team TBD, Juyu

"People's taste are scary." Fia mumbled to herself as she walked through the streets after finishing her business with the Carvanha shopkeeper. She didn't expect the sweater she sewed out of sheer boredom to mock herself actually would be able to get sold, with a decent price to boot. Though, the shopkeeper seemed to be awfully susceptible to haggling if Fia's own effort could shift the profit gained to one side by that much. She considered returning to tell the shopkeeper that, but since she only thought about it after being quite a distance away from the shop.

For now, the most important thing would be to get back at the group. Bea would definitely try to stick around to Denku, while Alby would be busy on her own. It's going to be hard for her, but Fia had faith that Fate would surely guide her steps. Everytime she moved forward, it would definitely be there to prevent her from getting lost. Just need to close her eyes, and trust wherever her feet brought her to.

Worst case, she would just get lost anyway.

Almiria Telethia
Team Karaoke, Melody Hall

"It's still ruined, huh? I guess that means no one's performing now."

Having read the sign outside of the door about the state of the building, Alleria hesitated for a bit. There wouldn't be much incentive for her to be here if the place's at such state, and it definitely wouldn't make a good place for her to perform before Fiona. All it would do now...well, if anything it'd just make her mood even worse now. But they're already there, and it'd be a waste if she couldn't at least take some walk around. With Fiona carried on her back, Alleria walked through the front door, and entered the half-renovated grand hall. If she's lucky, perhaps that person, Atelier Reletha, could be here somewhere. The sooner she could deliver the nuggets, the sooner she could focus back on getting to Rayquaza again.

iU8EggM.png

"Ah, look! That's your parents over there - their performance is going to start soon. Watch closely for your own benefit. We are aware that you are planning to follow your parents' footsteps. "

The girl silently watched the figures down below on the main stage. She and the kind librarian she had befriended managed to get a ticket for this performance, though she couldn't manage to get them both a good seat. However, the king and his attendants was there. It's a miracle in itself that she could manage to still get a ticket without her parents' help or knowledge with how fast the tickets ran out of stock.

She had seen her parents' recital before, but the people that had seen their actual shows had said that it was a lot different than the recital. Of course, that made the girl really excited about the performance, but some part of her felt some sort of a bad feeling from it. That feeling would be nonsensical, why would she worry about her parents performing live before her? Her parents wouldn't even be mad if they found out she watched it without their knowledge. Nevertheless, the feeling persisted even minutes before the show started.

"From this height perhaps..."

"It is not the time to hum a song. It is best to prepare yourself to enjoy and observe the upcoming dance."

It seemed that she unconsciously started humming the lyrics of that song again. It was just happenstance that she ended up stumbling upon it, but it's hard to get the lyrics out of her mind. Perhaps it resonated with her, or something? She might need to seriously attempt to sing it as best as she could in that case.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Her father's voice broke the girl's wandering thoughts and returned it back to the hall. It seemed the show would be starting soon.

"This is the first time our troupe performed in this majestic hall..." the girl barely paid attention to what was said next. Her father always tried to sound as humble as possible whenever he could. It's clearly an act from the girl's perspective, who had seen him trying to do that to her mom and failing miserably,  but it seemed to always work with everyone else. Her father was a weird person. She never interacted with him much, and all that he gave to her was vague advice at best. Her mom, standing not far away from her father, looked perfectly calm in her outfit. She kept telling the girl about the importance of finding happiness behind the smiles and satisfaction of others, but being the person that's closest towards her, the girl knew that that really wasn't what her mom actually felt.

"I thought that I might understand you."

Another verse was hummed, and the librarian beside her glared towards the girl, telling her to keep quiet. That was unintentional anyway, and she was intending to stay quiet throughout the performance. She was going to be an entertainer too like them. She needed to find out the tricks of the trade, the way to be successful as it. Then, if her mother's right, she could then find what people say as true happiness.

But how would she find that behind people's smiles if the one suggesting the idea didn't even believe her own words?

"At least...let me embrace this dream that I might."

"The title for today's divine dance is..."

iU8EggM.png

"This place looks messy. Did the workers actually do anything to fix it?"

Seeing a place this beautiful being in such ruins was sad. It wasn't that clear whether she was sadder about the fact that the place was in ruins now or whether the place used to be really beautiful, but both felt quite upsetting. It wasn't that bad, admittedly. It looked like somewhat usable enough for a performance, but with what one of the people around said earlier, it wouldn't be worth the risk. It's been like this for some years. The recovery effort had been really slow, which was disappointing, to say the least. A beautiful building like that didn't deserve this undignified fate.

“meep”

While busy on her thought, Alleria didn't feel Fiona slipping from her back, ad the next thing she noticed was the sound the clumsy Drapion made upon falling.

“Uh, where are we?” She looked around more, and seemed to recognize the building. “What are we doing here?” She got up to a crouch, hand resting on one of the seats. “Are you....going to...do something to me?”

"...You seem to be a bit too eager for that. Relax, I'm not going to do anything to you. I think I have told the others about us leaving first, since I kinda failed to find what I seek on the library, and they might come soon. I was thinking there's a performance going here, so I think I'd give you a surprise so we can enjoy the sight together so you can feel more at ease in our group.

But the place's still ruined, sadly. But don't worry, I have an exclusive performance ready to be shown off to you. Hopefully it can ease up your disappointment and confusion.

It's been a long time, but I think it's the dance I just invented on our way to this place,  based on things I've seen before . Haven't performed it at all before though, so pardon me if I mess things up."

Alleria took a deep breath. It's going to be bad if she messed things up. If she wished to truly feel happy, then she would need to entertain Fiona with her show.

"Alright! The title of my performance this time is...

Outrage!"

Fianna Again Livrais

Team TBD, Juyu Somewhere

"Hey, Bea!" Fia, who noticed the Beedrill coming out of a crossroad, yelled towards the woman. She waved her hands to make sure she noticed her, while she kept on repeating her name again and again. Her bag's getting tiring to carry. She couldn't wait to just get it shared across the group. Seemed like fate's being quite kind with her. It seems that it's the right decision for her to trust fate to carry her through this hardship. Unbreakable faith will be rewarded well.

"Did you see Denku or Alby? Let's just continue to Pride Rock, I've finished shopping!"

Alleria and Fiona, Melody Hall, Adarid

Fiona blushed a bit at Aleria's words. Though she was still concerned. She had heard Alleria sing before, and it was amazing, but that didn't require all this, did it? Fiona briefly wondered if this was supposed to be a date. She pushed the thought aside before it could cause her to react badly, and gave a small smile. "I'm sure it will be wonderful." Fiona said softly, after an awkward pause. She had to glance away from Alleria's eyes once she said this.

"Alright! The title of my performance this time is...

Outrage!"

What kind of performance would this be? With that kind of name, Fiona couldn't help but be nervous. She had seen what Alleria could do earlier, she didn't intend to hurt her, did she? Fiona didn't want to move, for fear of upsetting Alleria, but she didn't feel safe being that close. So she, tried to, casually slide to the seats in the row behind her. This resulted in her tripping and faceplanting. She got up hurriedly and apologized profusely, then gripped the back of the seat and gave a nervous laugh. "I-I can't wait!"

She kept her gaze on Alleria, though, she still couldn't look her in the eyes. So she ended up partially staring at her chest. She hadn't felt more nervous than now. She even had a crazy feeling SHE was the one being watched.

yCrzb88.png
Team (TBD)
Juyu

Beatrice continued to scour the entirety of Juyu for any trace of Albretch. For a city that was this flat, one would think this would allow her to easily find whatever and whoever she wanted, but there wasn't any female Venasaur Gijinka for Beatrice to see anywhere. Even one for Beatrice to initially mistake as Albretch would be nice, but there was no such luck to be had in that department. Beatrice crossed one of the many crossroads that were there when suddenly...

"Hey, Bea! Did you see Denku or Alby?" ...well that was a dumb question for Fjanna to ask; something that Beatrice had made perfectly clear.

"Denku's where he's always been, ya dunce!" Beatrice had meant to say this in a more playful tone, but her usual attitude had made any iota of such an intention impossible to detect, "As for Al I'm looking for her right now, but never mind that, did you bring anything to eat?"

Without asking for permission, Beatrice dived straight into one of the shopping bags that Fjanna had been carrying with her... finding nothing that looked edible on the spot. Frustrated by this, Beatrice immediately stopped and looked around for a restaurant, only to witness Al coming straight out of one. Unaware of how long the Venusaur could've possibly spent in there, alone she was assuming, an infuriated Beatrice stormed up to her with wings ablaze.

"Arceus, damn it Al!" Beatrice scowled, "You should have waited for all of us before you went in and stuffed your face in that restaurant! Or at least brought one of use with you(!); me... Fia... Denku even... your friends?! Ugh... now we're all gonna be late and Denku's gonna be mad at the three of us!"

Cave

Ari was busy working himself up into a fit. Strong strong strong strong like Dad Dad Dad Dad... It was while doing that that he heard Mac's voice. "Ari, look out, above you!"

Above him? He looked up. Oh. That was...a big rock. And...it was headed right for him. He froze for a second, eyes wide, before scrambling out of the way, barely avoiding being skewered by the falling stalactite. "Th-that was close," he panted. "Heheheh..." he scratched his head. "That...could have been bad."

In his distraction, he didn't notice he had rolled right in the way of another stalactite. However, by the grace of his ancestors, this one missed him by an inch.

tRCh4Z6.png

On the road

Soon after Easter finished, Whisper spoke up in the sweetest tone of voice he had ever heard her use. "A pleasure to meet you, Rei. Before you ask, Easter and I met back in Juyu. We ended up in a group performance at the music festival."

Well, it wasn't really a performance, but it was a spectacle, for sure, the Sylveon thought with a hint of amusement. However, Rei's following words made him wish the Absol had described it a bit differently.

"Easter singing? Damn wish I had seen that." You might wish it, but you'll never see it if I have anything to say about it. He wasn't terrible, but he was far better with instruments than vocals. Plus, it was...embarrassing. "Getting soft are we?" She poked his stomach, a move which made him wince. She didn't know her own strength. "All those sweets getting to you, haha!"

Easter gave her a flat look. "I am perfectly fit, thank you very much." True, he had been eating more than fighting lately, and he had started to get a bit squishy in the stomach, but that was nothing he couldn't burn off at the arena. Which they would soon be nearing, what with it being in Adarid and all.

Whisper gestured to the north. "Having some trouble keeping your man around, are we?"

The Jolteon's ears shot up. "So you saw him? Good, getting close getting close. But he ain’t my man, gonna take more than that to get in my pants." Easter almost choked on air at that. "That, believe it or not, was none other than the Legendary Entei! That’s right Easter, Rei’s become a Chaser! I’ve been going after Entei ever since I took down his brother, Suicune. That was super exciting and I gotta admit I kinda got addicted to the feeling."

The Sylveon's first reaction? "You, a Chaser?" This was Rei, the girl who gave everybody heart attacks with her reckless, daring-do attitude. He couldn't imagine her lasting five minutes against a legendary, let alone beating one. Still, people change, he thought. Hell, he had changed a lot himself. From uptight boatswain to carefree stray. Though his restless feet had stayed the same.

His second reaction? "Wait, that was Entei?" And I just let him slip away like that?

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

Regirock was tough! However, the group was gradually starting to wear him down; Kah could tell. The fight had started out rough, but things were quickly improving now. If they kept this up, Kah had a good feeling about this fight. The runts were having a bit of a rough time, but Kah had her own issues right now. Next thing she knew, Regirock set up a rock wall once again, putting just mere inches between her and her target. Then, the rock wall shattered in an attack once again; seemed he wanted to get both her and Kazo. Hopefully he was fast enough to make some moves out of the way.

Kah for one was able to evade all but one of the rocks, which pegged her square in the shoulder. Damn, that was her good arm too. She could still move the arm around, but it wasn't quite what it was just moments ago. So now Kah was barely hanging in there, with a bad arm, against a legendary gijinka. This got better by the second! Regirock was still moving around in his high-speed manner, and appeared to have targeted Mac with his next attack...even if it was just simply swatting her away, that looked like it hurt. Rushing toward Regirock's location and charging up as much dragon power as possible in her other arm, Kah shouted "I'm not finished with you yet!" as she moved in for a second full-power attack.

This time, she knew precisely where she wanted to aim. The gravity he'd set up made reaching the face a task out of her reach, but if she were to smash up, say, his legs, the face would become an easier target. And so, Kah's second attack was aimed at Regirock's legs.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x2

“Hi! You’re Fawkes? We’re gonna be living together, I hope we can be best friends! Oh, but, if you don’t wanna that’s fine too. I understand.”

And seemingly just as Fawkes got into the building, she was quickly approached by another young gijinka. One who was very eager to meet Fawkes it seemed, and didn't have much knowledge on personal space; this Wooper's face was just inches away from her own. Well, she seemed friendly at least. It was much better to have a smiling face at this distance than any other kind of face. In addition, this Wooper seemed very eager to learn more about Fawkes, and/or her species.

“Ooooh but could I see you do that Illusion thing, I heard that Zorua can do really cool stuff! Please please please show me! Then we can explore the city together! I hear you come from here but it’s so much cooler with another person! At least, I assume it is...So what do ya say?”

"Sure," Fawkes responded. Then, taking a few steps back from the Wooper to help focus, Fawkes took a deep breath and put her hands together in front of her face. For a brief moment, her entire figure went pitch black, but then it started changing; becoming something else. She was getting taller, and her hair was shortening a bit. When her new figure regained its color to reveal itself at last, Fawkes looked like the spitting image of the very Wooper in front of her. "It's still just an illusion though. You're seeing you, but I'll still see me."

Maybe this wouldn't be too bad after all. This Mightyena friend of Wes's had another youngster here the whole time, who knew? Then an important fact crossed Fawkes's mind. This Wooper seemed to know a bit about Fawkes, but the opposite couldn't really be said. Fawkes planned to fix that.

"Speaking of you, what's your name?"

"...I've been going after Entei ever since I took down his brother, Suicune." Now that was an interesting thing to hear indeed. This... excitable woman before them was claiming to have taken down a Legend, and her tone of voice suggested that she meant alone. That was hard to believe, and Whisper's expression turned to something more appraising. She looked the woman before her up and down, trying to get a feel for her and anything that might give away how strong she was. Aside, of course, from the fact that she had gotten a Legend to run away from her in what looked like a panic. Still, there wasn't much that she could see which would have explained her being able to take on a Legend.

"By any chance did you have help when you brought him down?" She asked, keeping the sweetness in her voice for the time being. Best keep the illusion going for as long as she could, after all. "I can't exactly believe that you took on a Legend on your own." True, if there was a Legend that a Jolteon would have the best chance against it would probably be him, but the power gap between Legends and normal Gijinka was just a bit too great for her to think it had worked out that way.

"Wait, that was Entei?" Easter's reaction was something not entirely expected. Of course it only took her a moment to remember that he was a Chaser, in spite of not having talked about it before. Well, she had an idea of where this was going now. Most chasers did have a Legend they would prefer to take down over the others, and given the way her companion reacted to hearing which one that was...

"I take it you want to chase him. Am I right, Easter?" She looked down at the man beside her with a cocked eyebrow. "Well, I suppose I'll follow if you decide to do that." This did offer a curious opportunity for her after all. Perhaps she could convince Entei to teach her the technique that she'd been going to Adarid to learn. Of course she would have to make certain he was alive after that.

Team Mac, Cave, (insert Sonic Adventure 2 reference here)

Kazo panted as he he stared at Regirock creating the rock wall of defense.. Dear Arcues, he didn't know just how much longer he could go. He felt like he was barely chipping away at the legends impeccable defense. His eyes widened as he saw a Stone Edge coming at him, so he dashed to the right to dodge the attack, only to be blindsided by a one of the pillars of rock, sending him flying across the cave, bouncing off the floor. Dammit, that hurt! Why was he taking all the hits?!

The young dragon stood up slowly, his vision swirling. This was not good, nor was it working. Still, Kah was just charging in. Maybe he should do the same... but... slightly different. Kazo bent down, placing his hand on the ground and taking a sprinter's stance. He took a deep breath, focusing his mind. Things began to slow down just slightly for him as he stared at Regirock. Finally, a silent signal went off for him, and he dashed off, nothing but a blue blur as he ran... right past the legend.

"Not fast enough yet," he thought to himself as he he took a sharp left and kept running, doing his best to dodge the rock formations and anything he could trip over. He had to go as fast as he possibly could!

Denku leaned against a wall, watching Beatrice leave. He had to admit, her hips and butt really did look hot, with the way they swayed and all--- no, bad thoughts, not the time for those! He sighed to himself. It was probably better if he did just focus on things like that though. It would let him stop being so depressed. He shook his head. It didn't matter, not really.

Time passed, and he was bored. So, he did what any cool looking, grumpy man would do. He closed his eyes and dozed off, still leaning against the wall.

Deku, Neo Not Team Dark

Dora's mouth opened agape as Fawkes created the illusion...of herself! Did she always look like that? Hehe her hair was sticking up! Dora let out a squeal of excitement and ran at Fawkes, tackling her and pulling her frail arms out of their pockets to give the girl a hug. "That was so cooool! You looked just like me!" She giggled and rolled off Fawkes, laying on the ground.
"My name's Dora, sorry I didn't say it earlier. Now that's settled we should go somewhere! The house is cool but the outside is cooler don't you think?"

Dora tried to get up. And tried. And tried again. But failed. She couldn't get past a semi-sitting position. "I might be stuck."

Team Mac, Cave

Mac let out a deep sigh. Ari somehow managed to save his fiery butt. She didn’t have to worry about him. No, instead all she had to worry about was the giant Rock Legend. Perfectly okay.
Kazo was running around, and Mac was worried for a moment he had gone insane. But there had to be some reason...right? Hopefully they’ll find out soon.

But this meant that Mac was free to finally get back into the fray.

As Kah’s fists slammed into Regirock’s legs, he grunted in surprise as the force of the blow, combined with his own Gravity, brought him down to one knee. The Dragon seemed ready to follow up the attack. She was a brave one. And there was certainly strength inside of her relatively small body.
Maybe she could become a real Chaser in a few years.
Regirock grabbed Kah’s arm as she prepared to continue the assault. “Enough.” He said. The Gravity was starting to fade away, and he was able to fling her into the air, with great force. Once she was there, he fired off another volley of Stone Edge, striking the dragon with multiple shards of rock.

He let out another grunt as he felt a pain in his side. Glancing down he noticed the little Electric type, who had unleashed some sort of electrical punch. She was grinning wildly, clearly happy with her attack.
Regirock slammed his fist down on her, and she let out a short “eep” sound before being brought face down into the ground. Regirock stood and howled. A deep, resonating, sound. The air throbbed and the cavern shook as more stalactites rained from the ceiling.

Team WTF, Two days from Juyu

“Help?” Rei spun to face Whisper, “Oh, haha, yeah!” She looked towards Easter. “Noshi was with me. Kinda lost him somewhere back there though, he’s waaay too slow know what I mean? He’ll catch up, eventually, or not.” Rei shrugged. “He always tends to show up somehow. And as for me being a chaser, Mister doubty, hell yeah I am. I mean think about it. Chaaaase-r. Chase, race, same difference right? Just ends in a fight most of the time. Speaking of which, I should probably get going soon. If ya wanna go after Entei...”
Rei grinned and crouched down a bit. There was a surge of energy around her legs and her entire body began to vibrate with Agility. “You’d have to race me for it.”

S.S. Showdown

Team Showdown

Taking the time to observe her surroundings, Scarlet noticed that the walls seemed to be less dense than they were before. She also felt the hail starting to pick up again after waning for a bit. She turned to the direction of the Glalie as he started laughing, laying down on the floor. Feeling that her injury was better, she stood up and walked towards him, carefully avoiding slipping on the ice and to not get caught by Cabrakan's wicked flames. She slammer her foot onto his chest "You better share with us what so funny..." she said, looking down at him with a serious expression. "...before I break that jaw of yours." She pulled up her right fist, the fist itself glistering in a bright light. She prepared herself to Bullet Punch the smug bastard right in his jaw.

"I-I can't wait!"

"...You're staring at the wrong thing."

Alleria berated Fiona slightly, though that was mainly just to make the situation less tense. Fiona was clearly uncomfortable and unprepared with how she's going to enjoy all of Alleria on her own, so perhaps that could help her ease up a bit to enjoy the show. As said, it's not a dance that Alleria had been practicing much, if at all, so she was getting somewhat nervous too. But...an entertainer shouldn't be nervous at a time like this. That's what her mother said. What she said must be true. So of course, Alleria shouldn't be nervous, and just do her performance now.

Her audience's waiting, no way she would let Fiona be disappointed in her.

iU8EggM.png

Fianna Vaia Livrais

Juyu

"Denku's where he's always been, ya dunce!"

"In you?"

"As for Al I'm looking for her right now, but never mind that, did you bring anything to eat?"

"How ravenous." Fianna barely tried to defend her shopping bags from Bea's greedy hands, though thankfully she didn't end up taking anything. That got her thinking on how if she's not around, who would've taken care of these poor kids? Being a mother really is a hard thing. But at least, Bea's attention was now focused on something else, which would be Albrecht. Good thing she appeared at the nick of time. Now Bea's focused on her. Fianna was tempted to go over there to greet Alby too, or to go out and drag Deku here too, but decided to not do that for now. Too much moving would get her small muscles sore.

Cave

Ari kept rolling out of the way of falling stalactites. Still, he knew he couldn't keep this up forever. So he decided to...Tackle the big guy! Smart plan, best plan.

tRCh4Z6.png

Road

"Noshi was with me. Kinda lost him somewhere back there though, he’s waaay too slow know what I mean? He’ll catch up, eventually, or not. He always tends to show up somehow. And as for me being a chaser, Mister doubty, hell yeah I am. I mean think about it. Chaaaase-r. Chase, race, same difference right? Just ends in a fight most of the time."

Easter nodded. Noshi had always been...well, Noshi. He felt like that described enough. It was interesting to hear he was traveling with Rei, but not too surprising. And even less surprising that he was trailing behind.

"I take it you want to chase him. Am I right, Easter? Well, I suppose I'll follow if you decide to do that."

The Sylveon smiled. "Of course I want to chase after him. Strong opponents put up the best fight, and legendaries are by far the strongest."

"Speaking of which, I should probably get going soon. If ya wanna go after Entei... You'd have to race me for it."

He rolled his eyes. Not this again. "Fine. I'll have you know I haven't slowed down that much." Even if I have put on a little weight. He looked at Whisper. "Are you ready? We can still continue to Adarid if you want." Adarid had its array of strong fighters, so either way was fine with him.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

She got him down to one knee! If Kah kept up this kind of powerful assault, defeating him would be--

“Enough.”

Despite the lightening up of the gravity, Kah found it much harder to move around as Regirock's massive hand wrapped around the Dragon's arm. She was then thrown up into the air with great force, and before getting a firm enough grip on her aerial state to take control again, several more shards of rock shot up and collided with her, a few of them nailing her left wings, making her usual psuedo-flight impossible. Kah clumsily fell to the dirt floor once again, to the sound of Regirock's deep roar. Stalactites were falling down from the ceiling. This old trick again? Talk about being dumb as a rock.

Kah would be taking those words back soon enough. She barely had time to roll out of the way of the stalactites directly above her, before being impacted by one she'd failed to notice, falling straight into the floor and through her leg in the process. She roared, she howled, and she wasted no time in using any possible reserve of strength to pull the stalactite out of her leg as quickly as possible. Now she looked pissed. Kah got back up to her feet, only to fall back down again.

"We're not finished yet!"

I can still fight... Kah tried a second time. Between having already been pretty injured, and now there being a small hole in her leg that was letting out a decent quantity of blood, weakening the leg even further, staying on her feet was proving to be an exercise in futility to all but the most stubborn of sorts. Sorts that included Kah, as she tried a third time to get up, only to fall back down again. This time, she was staying down.

I can...still...

The Glalie had found its footing, and put up a stance to protect itself from the oncoming flames.  The hail started coming down like bullets now, and they started to irritate her to no end.  She started snapping at the larger pieces that were headed straight for her face, and crushed them with her teeth.  Looking at the Glalie, it was almost like foreshadowing.  The next ice cube that she would bite down on would be his head!

However, the Glalie started to laugh.  Taiga's brow furrowed with intensity.  

"What's so funny pal!  You think that your death is gonna be some sorta comedy show!"  With that, Taiga looked around their icy prison.  The walls seemed to be shooting less ice from the surface...was the box weaker?  "Where's that other Froslass gal at anyway!  I haven't gotten a taste of her yet!"  She looked beyond the Glalie...that wall seemed to have taken a beating from Cabrakan earlier.  Maybe that was their only chance of escaping this frigid box.  

She dashed over to the wall, past the blue flames and the laughing Glalie.  

"Geez...you think your flames would be a little hotter to melt some simple ice.  You sure must be some kind of weak huh?"  She bared her teeth and started gnawing away at the wall, hoping to break the ice.  

Outskirts of Juyu, Team TDB

The group had finally all gathered, with their supplies, near the edge of the city, prepared to leave and continue on their adventure. What choices await them? Only time will tell. Whichever direction they traveled, they would find their first day to be uneventful. Occasionally seeing other travelers, but nothing more.

S.S. Showdown, Team Showdown

The Glalie coughed, while laughing, and blood came up on his lips. They wanted to know what was funny, did they? “We already have what we want. While you’re stuck here the ship is swarmed with our allies. More and more will come, we have many to throw at you all! Just die already...” His eyes flickered, barely able to stay conscious. The hail slowed, but not totally stopped.
Meanwhile the wall was still holding, but it was beginning to crack. From the top of the wall a large chunk fell off, and crashed directly on top of Cabrakan, who was unknowingly standing in the way.

Regirock’s Cave, Team Mac

Mac tried to stand. She really, really, did. She had heard the sounds of Kah going down as well, and knew she had to keep trying. She had to! Mac struggled, and managed to get her face out of the dirt, looking up just in time to see Ari Tackling the legend!
She felt a strange warmth at the sight of his bravery. Mac grinned and grunted as she forced herself to her feet.

Kah was down, Kazo was...busy? It was up to them! “Way to go Ari!” Mac called out, shooting forth another light thundershock at Regirock.

The Rock Legend looked down at the Hydreigon. She had been a determined foe. One day she might be a Chaser. He felt a nudge as the smallest opponent ran into him. He hardly felt it, but the fact that he felt it at all was surprising.
Glancing down he spoke once more. “Cease. Killing a child, waste of life.” As he said this he picked up the little boy by the shirt collar, staring into his eyes, seemingly searching for something. “Child of kings, touched by the God of Life, you have purpose. I shall not slay you.”

Regirock flinched as he felt a second electrical punch to his side. This one. He had put much force behind that blow, and she still stood? Albeit barely.
“A warrior spirit, with the Lightning King’s approval, you have much growing to do. Death would be tragic. Waste not the life given.” Upon saying this he shot out a singular shard of stone, which Mac dodged, barely.

Her eyes gleaming she spoke, “I’m gonna be the greatest, just you...just wait...wait and...see.” She collapsed.

Kah and Mac were down. Ari was in the clutches of the Legend. One remained safe, for now. Regirock turned his gaze towards Kazo.  

Two days from Juyu, Team WTF

“Haha, didn’t expect you to accept, Easter. That’s the spirit! Finally stopped being a spoilsport! But you know you can’t outrun me!” She did a two-finger wave and took off in the direction the Not-Flareon had headed, going at nearly Extreme speed, leaping over obstacles and laughing with glee.
Whether or not they followed, Rei was determined to catch up with Entei as soon as possible.

Adarid Library, Team Karaoke (3/5)

As the chase progressed, finally Lok and Wally were able to see who they were trying to stop. A young Farfetch’d who was clutching a large and old book in their hands and looking panicked. It seemed clear they weren’t expecting this and weren’t thinking entirely straight.

Gwen marveled once more at the size of the library collection, as she traveled across the second floor, hoping they could trap the thief between them. She couldn’t see the others, so she had to put her faith in them.

Brooke answered the door quickly when Wes knocked. She had closed down the shop for today, so that she could be at home when the younger Gijinka arrived with her mysterious Zorua companion. Dora was asleep in her room a few feet down the hallway, napping after a morning of running in circles with energy only a kid could muster up to do nothing with, so that hopefully would make the adjustment easier.

She hadn’t been told too much about what Wes was getting herself into this time. She was headed off to search at Mount Icecrown for one thing or another, and didn’t feel comfortable taking a child along with them. Brooke easily understood why she had come to that decision, but personally, she didn’t think it was safe for Wes to go either. All that she knew of the freezing mountain was of the tales of danger that surrounded it, and she didn’t wish a climate like that on anyone.

Wes was a Weavile Gijinka, however, and could sweat off the cold. A Dark-type on the other hand…

Brooke conjured up her best smile as she pushed open the door, adjusting her hat to contain a bit more of her hair and prevent it from falling in her eyes. Wes looked exactly as she remembered her, still a bit too underweight in her opinion, but overall healthy; the Zorua on the other hand… well, she looked exactly like the kind of kid Brooke had seen from the streets of Deku. Dirty, ragged, and a glint in her eye that hid a distrust of the world.

Brooke exchanged a short greeting with Wes, and then directed her attention to Fawkes. “Hey there. Wes might’ve told you already, but my name’s Brooke. It’s nice to meet ya, kiddo.” She extended a hand to greet the Zorua properly.

Introductions were finished quickly after that, and with one final goodbye, Wes set off on her next adventure, with Fawkes in the doorway with Brooke. Brooke watched the Weavile disappear into the streets, a tinge of envy pulling at her. She hadn’t left Deku in a long time… What was it like to have that much freedom?

It didn’t matter. The people here needed her; Dora needed her. She couldn’t afford to up and leave. Not like… She shook her head and closed the door, pushing back the thoughts. “Go ahead and make yourself at home. It’s not all that much, but it’s home. I’ll go see about whipping up something to eat, how about that?”

~~~~~~~~

Brooke tiptoed into the room, cursing the old wooden door and its creaky hinges. She was getting Dora up from a nap, yes, but she didn’t want her to wake up to such a harsh noise. Brooke looked over at the makeshift bed she’d managed to scrounge together for Dora when she first moved in, and sure enough, the little Wooper Gijinka hadn’t even stirred from her rest.

Brooke allowed herself a sigh of relief and a small smile. The kid was adorable when she was asleep, wrapped up in a ball with her arms secured tightly in her strange little dress. One would never be able to guess that she was a ball of rambunctious and uncontrollable energy when she was like this, but Brooke wouldn’t have it any other way. She liked the child because of that natural curiosity, the innocence she possessed, something so rare in a city like Deku where only the fastest hand and the sharpest claw survived.

Brooke gently shook her awake, saying, “Hey. Wake up, sleepyhead. There’s someone new, waiting to meet you.” Only a brief second later Dora nearly sprung up from her bed, stumbling around and already smiling, and Brooke had to struggle with the little girl to convince her to make sure she was presentable before she ran out to see the mysterious Fawkes.

Once she had managed it, however, she let Dora bolt out of the room and into the living area where Fawkes chose to wait while Brooke made them some food. Speaking of which…

~~~~~~~~

“Why is this so hard?! I followed the recipe word for word!”

The kitchen was in disarray. Singed marks covered the walls, and all manners of food had been spilt all over in one of the most amateur displays of chefmanship ever to be seen in fiction. Brooke hastily laid the pot down, fanning a ladle at the smoke and trying to get it to clear out.

Maybe she had chosen to try and speed cook it using her own fire, but it should have gone better! Brooke stomped her foot and threw her hands up. “I give up! We’ll just go out to eat!”

At that exact moment there was a commotion in the other room, and Brooke took a second to dust off her hat and then hurried in to see what the children were up. Dora had tackled Fawkes in a hug, and both of them were on the ground. Brooke smiled, chuckling under her breath at the younger girl doing her best to stand up. Dora was a very interesting little girl, but she didn’t want Fawkes to feel overwhelmed so quickly.

“Upsy-Daisy, Dora,” Brooke said, pulling the little girl back up to her feet and holding her still. She always had the energy of an army of children. Thinking quickly, and wanting to keep them both entertained, she suggested, “Why don’t we go into town and find some place to eat? Hey, don’t look so down, it’ll be fun. You’re from Deku aren’t you, Fawkes? Is there anywhere you’d like to eat at?”

Translation: what’s the best food you’ve ever stolen?

Fjanna Vaia Livrais, team TBD
Juyu Outskirts

"The rumor seems to be right." As the group gathered outside of the city, Fia said it. They're still deciding on where should they go next, but Fia already had something in mind. "The one about whether there's something interesting in Pride Rock or not. I've asked around and such, and quite confident that it's the case. In fact, I'm sure that we'll find a Legend there. Granted...I think the locals can be a bit quite...troublesome if what I hear is correct, but that shouldn't be that bad of a problem with you guys here.

Unless anyone had any other suggestions then well...let's go there. It's not like we need to go anywhere else right now, no?"

Artoria Ethera, Team Karaoke

Concert Hall, Adarid

"Alright. It's showtime now."

Alleria was still anxious, but attempted to remain calm so she could show the best of her to Fiona. She's not sure whether that anxiety was caused by her not being confident about whether she could do the dance, or whether it was caused by something else actually. Like...maybe she just couldn't want to start it? Either way, that was a feeling that should be discarded for now. Flames gathered at the tip of Alleria's fingers. The girl closed her eyes. A dance that tapped into the origin of herself, her true feelings. It's time for her heart to sing the song of her true self.

As Alleria opened her eyes, the calm blue had been replaced by an empty-looking red.

iU8EggM.png

"Are those flames?" The young girl asked the older librarian as the dance started. Seeing the embers made the girl interested for some reasons. The show hadn't even started properly yet, but the fact that her mother was on fire took her attention. The librarian looked at the girl slightly worriedly, but decided to be silent right now.

Perhaps it's a bad idea to bring her here.

iU8EggM.png

The dance started out slowly. The young Altaria, despite being in a sort of trance and was consumed by her own movements, moved around the place with grace. Within the relative darkness of the hall, the blue flames on her hands had a kind of ethereal beauty with it, a weird analogy would be that of a ghastly pom-pom.

Then, Alleria started to infuse more energy towards her movements. As she picked up the pace, the flames on her hands started to grow and grow. It traveled throughout her body, danced through it, before meeting with the one on the other side, creating the figure of a dragon etched on her body that danced following the Altaria's rhythm.

As each seconds passed, Alleria's movements became faster and faster, and the dragon that were once etched on her body started to leave her and go upwards, yet it still was moving in accordance to the Altaria's own movement. The dragon's snake-like body slithered through the air wildly, and Alleria now moved like she was getting more and more berserk. There was a sort of elegance in her savage-like movements, but as she and her dragon continued to dance, it was clear why she named it Outrage.

If anything, this was the movement from the times she went into the rampages she had before. Her movements started to be more and more chaotic as she started to basically trash around and slash wildly like a rampaging dragon. She might be no longer aware about the fact that Fiona was around, watching her. She only followed the rhythm she had in her heart now, and that's what she cared about. The dragon above her grew and grew, and manifested its claws as its form became more definite.

For a moment, it was as if there was something divine existing momentarily inside of the hall.

The dragon let out a silent roar, and lunged straight at Fiona's direction. Perhaps the Drapion could see that the Altaria had stopped momentarily, and was pointing at her as the dancer's red eyes stared deep into her. Coming in closer and closer, the flaming dragon opened its mouth as if it was to devour Fiona whole. The Drapion might feel that the heat had dramatically increased as each second passed. But, just a moment before the dragon reached her, it dissipated completely.

"Huh...right. I think it shouldn't go that way. The transition might be awkward if it's like that. Damn! It should go in a better way! Now I'm just looking like a second-rate dancer. That's just plain unacceptable!

Sorry Fiona, I think I screwed up the movements. I think it looked like a mess, so once again, sorry for showing you a half-baked show."

Nonchalantly as if nothing big had happened, Alleria tapped the Drapion's shoulders before grabbing her hands so they leave the mess behind them. And, while Fiona might've not noticed it, for some reasons Alleria was clearly having a better mood at that time than the mood she had when she entered the hall a while ago.

iU8EggM.png

"...Bringing you here is a bad idea." The librarian mumbled as she and the young girl left the hall after the show was over. An accident happened during the show, and apparently, some of the troupe members was killed in the accident during the dance. But the dance itself was exceptional despite of that, which impressed the king. The fact that he had seen people die before him during the dance didn't seem to bother him at all. And neither one of the girl's parents too showed any concerns.

"You seem to be thinking a lot after the dance...anything's wrong?" The girl asked.

"You're kidding? People just...they're clearly dead and no one really batted an eye to it? Why wouldn't I be concerned about that?"

"Well...mom said...that as long as we can entertain everyone, we'll be happy. As long as they can get out of the place with a smile on their face, then anything's-"

"That's just conceited and dumb. In no way that it justifies this kind of event from happening."

"But mom said-"

"She's wrong. Even though she's your mother, it doesn't necessarily mean that she's right. So, stop taking everything she said for granted."

iU8EggM.png

"Thinking about it...I wonder if there's a Noctowl in the library. Xatu is creepy. Though...you've been asleep during the time we're in the library, so you wouldn't know.

Well...it's getting really late anyway to return there. Let's just sleep together here while we wait for the others to arrive. It's fine, I doubt anyone's looking."

Alleria and Fiona, Melody Hall, Adarid

Fiona took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself for the show she was about to witness. She had no idea what Alleria planned to do, but it got the Drapion’s heart thumping.
Upon seeing Alleria’s eyes change color, she realized something was different about this dance. The young girl quickly glanced towards the exit. But she had come this far, might as well keep watching, right?

She stared, wide eyed, as the performance grew more and more intense. She hadn’t realized such a thing was possible. Who was this girl she had decided to travel with? Fiona had thought her just a good singer, and surprisingly strong, but something like this? Her heart raced even faster as the dance continued. Something about it was utterly enthralling. The power, the ferocity, the danger even.

So enthralling that the usually meek Drapion didn’t run the moment it seemed like Alleria was attacking. No, instead, she let out a soft gasp, and clutched at her chest. Fiona hadn’t felt this excited in such a long time, and she was disappointed when Alleria stopped.

It took until Alleria spoke several sentences for Fiona to realize where she was, what she was doing, and how she was acting. She blushed heavily and shook her head. “It wasn’t...that is, that was...um...I liked it.” She said awkwardly, fidgeting with the hem of her skirt and looking at everywhere but the Altaria.

When Alleria brought up a Xatu, Fiona looked puzzled. Why’d she bring that up? Before Fiona could say anything to it, the last thing Alleria said sunk in. Sleep together? Them? What? Now?

Fiona opened her mouth and stammered for a while, before closing her eyes and taking several deep breaths. She opened her eyes, and then her mouth to speak, ready to answer.

But then was interrupted by clapping coming from the doorway to the left.

A tall Gijinka Stood in the doorway, walking up towards the pair. He had a large grin plastered on his face and was flanked by a Talonflame and Skarmory Gijinka. As the man approached them, Fiona seemed to shrink, backing away a few feet. “Impressive.” The man said to Alleria. “Most impressive my dear.” He gave a short bow. “My name is Salvatore. I am a...business man, who is always on the lookout for talent. I must say, we did not expect to find anyone here, especially at this time. I wouldn’t dare to assume such lovely ladies as yourselves are up to anything, so let’s just call it a happy accident, yes?”

There was  a scream that sounded from somewhere else in the building, which was cut off suddenly. “Ah, don’t worry about that. Just taking care of some a small bit of trouble. We usually have this place all to ourselves these days.”

He looked around the room briefly, and spoke again. “Such a shame. This place was really remarkable in the past. One day, perhaps, it will rise again. Ah, but that’s neither here nor there. We were talking about your performance. I must say, I would love to have someone of your talent. I’m quite influential in these parts. You would be certain to gain fame and fortune as long as you stuck with me. All I’d ask is you only perform in my establishments, and, perhaps, you do a favor for me, now and then. What do you say, would you like to make a deal?”

Arthuria Ethera, Team Karaoke

Concert Hall, Adarid

"Ah, it's nothing, really. Just got reminded about the Xatu librarians inside of the Voile, and they honestly somewhat creeped me out. And Noctowl's a more friendly-looking stereotypical librarian gijinka. Just that."

When she uttered the quip about the Xatu and Noctowl, Fiona understandably looked confused, so Alleria took the time to explain herself while she continued to try finding a comfortable position to spend the night with the Drapion. Although, before she could find a good enough place, much to her chagrin a Honchcrow flanked with a Talonflame and Skarmory suddenly appeared at her sight. He looked suspiciously like a pimp, and with how the ruined theater not even being that far from the slums...

“Impressive.”

He's watching my private show? How indecent.

“Most impressive my dear.”

At least he praised me.

“My name is Salvatore. I am a...business man, who is always on the lookout for talent. I must say, we did not expect to find anyone here, especially at this time. I wouldn’t dare to assume such lovely ladies as yourselves are up to anything, so let’s just call it a happy accident, yes?”

"Well, actually, we're on a date and trying to get a place we can share a quality time together for the night....but yeah, let's just say that it's a happy accident." It seemed that the man had watched her dance earlier, and was impressed with that half-baked effort. Well, having him smile like it was nice enough, but that nose pierced her harder than his shifty eyes would ever be. Alleria was going to answer further to ask about what the hell someone like him was doing in a deserted place like this, but she was cut by the voice of a scream in the distance, which took Alleria's attention immediately.

“Ah, don’t worry about that. Just taking care of some a small bit of trouble. We usually have this place all to ourselves these days.”

"Damn...so this place's always taken, huh? I thought both of us here could have it all for ourselves for tonight. Ah well." That was disappointing.

“Such a shame. This place was really remarkable in the past."

"As beautiful as it was, it's just a painful reminder of the greed of the privileged, who had fun at others' misery. Not saying that they're wrong, but perhaps that's why the place never actually regained its beauty." Thinking about it, Alleria felt that she had a certain urge since the time she entered the place, until the time she started her dance. Looking back, her dance earlier had wrecked parts of the seat and scorched parts of the stage, wall, and ceilings. Maybe that urge was just an urge to let off her steam after the stress of traveling, perhaps? But before she could dwell into it any longer, Salvatore continued his speech.

"One day, perhaps, maybe it will rise again.

Ah, but that’s neither here nor there. We were talking about your performance. I must say, I would love to have someone of your talent. I’m quite influential in these parts. You would be certain to gain fame and fortune as long as you stuck with me. All I’d ask is you only perform in my establishments, and, perhaps, you do a favor for me, now and then. What do you say, would you like to make a deal?”

"...Only perform in your establishment...?" That wasn't something she wished to hear. While Alleria was not actually a fan of having someone else help her in her way to be the ultimate entertainer in the region, she did realize that she needed the money to actually continue supporting her living AND to continue her pursuit of Rayquaza. And well, doing favors of any kind, as outrageous or sick as it could be, would also be a part of entertaining her audience, and it wouldn't really be the first time she fulfilled such requests.

However...having herself being stuck in this city...the city that gave her some bad moods to boot, didn't seem to be a good deal in itself. Though...maybe staying here for a while wouldn't be that bad. She could convince Fiona to stay here too temporarily, and she could provide some supports for the other, and take some occasional breaks to continue her search. Although, she had been hitting a dead end for ages anyway. Perhaps it's best to take it easy for a while and just try enjoying the thing she supposed to enjoy. But-

:"Actually, I think I'm interested. But...if I may, can I ask a few request beforehand? First of all, as this is going to be a big decision, I need some time to decide about it. So, I'll be in the Voile tomorrow at sunset to give you my answer. And secondly, something more pressing...

Can I ask whether you can provide me and my girl a place to rest for tonight? We...really need some privacy, for reasons. So...yeah, maybe a lodging, or perhaps, can you leave us alone here for tonight?"

"Easter, do you honestly think I'm going to pass on a chance to meet this legend?" Whisper questioned, an eyebrow raised as her expression took on a deathly serious appearance. The charcoal ring she'd been wearing since their fight with the Camerupt caught the light in its own peculiar way, and the assassin took a few moments to stretch herself out and relieve the strain of their walk. Especially since it seemed that they had been challenged to a race, it would be much simpler if she didn't have to worry about suddenly cramping up on their trek across the wastes around them.  Of course any hope of actually beating Rei to where they were going was dashed when she shot off with such speed, which had the Absol sighing as their gleeful competitor jumped about like this was some sort of game for her.

"Don't worry, I can follow her." She stated, and fixed the Jolteon in her mind. She'd been around the girl long enough to get a good idea of her appearance, and knowing her name would also make this simpler. All it took was to imagine that she had taken a contract on her life, and in mere moments she knew precisely where to go to follow the absurd girl. "Alright, let's go." She said matter-of-factly, before setting out with all the speed she could muster. Perhaps it was not quite so extreme as Rei's, but it was plenty to make certain that they wouldn't be left there on the road with their thumbs up their asses... at least so long as Easter could keep up. Not that she was worried about that, neither of them had trouble matching the other's pace so far.

Archived