Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Kazo was having trouble getting to top speed. The increased Gravity and the falling rocks made it really hard for him. Suddenly though... The gravity went back to normal. He could feel himself becoming lighter on his feet, and the effects were immediately apparent. He stopping being a fast runner and became a blur, rushing around the room, going faster and faster, until just a blue streak was seen around the room.

He already wasted two minutes getting up to this speed. Using the last three not attacking would be a crime. He slowly, relatively speaking, started to run along the walls, spiraling up to the ceiling. When he got to the top, right directly above Regirock, he kicked off, speeding off like a rocket while hardening his head into an Iron Head.

"Iron... Missile... HEAD!!!"

"The rumor seems to be right." As the group gathered outside of the city, Fia said it. They're still deciding on where should they go next, but Fia already had something in mind. "The one about whether there's something interesting in Pride Rock or not. I've asked around and such, and quite confident that it's the case. In fact, I'm sure that we'll find a Legend there. Granted...I think the locals can be a bit quite...troublesome if what I hear is correct, but that shouldn't be that bad of a problem with you guys here.

Denku listened to Fia, nodding at appropriate intervals. The others are after Legends, and honestly, he might find his brother there. It seemed liked a win-win. "I don't care either way. Still... Seeing a Legend would be something you only see once in a lifetime,"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yCrzb88.png
Team (TBD)
Juyu

"The rumor seems to be right," Fjanna stated as everyone met, "The one about whether there's something interesting in Pride Rock or not. I've asked around and such, and quite confident that it's the case. In fact, I'm sure that we'll find a Legend there. Granted...I think the locals can be a bit quite...troublesome if what I hear is correct, but that shouldn't be that bad of a problem with you guys here. Unless anyone had any other suggestions then well...let's go there. It's not like we need to go anywhere else right now, no?"

"I don't care either way. Still... Seeing a Legend would be something you only see once in a lifetime," Denku replied.

Beatrice, meanwhile, had been frowning for quite some time. She'd liked to have some input on where the group should go, but for the life of her, she couldn't come up with a suggestion that hadn't already been taking. Eventually though, she gave up on the idea of furrowing her brow.

"OhHHHHHhhhh, fine! We'll all go to this dumb rock!" Beatrice blurted out in a tone of obvious frustration, "But I still think we should eat before we leave. Al's the only one that got to have anything since we got here and I'm staaaaaarviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!"

She stamped her feet multiple times as she stretched this last word, as if that would convince the others to chuck something edible her way just to shut her up.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
S.S. Showdown

“We already have what we want. While you’re stuck here the ship is swarmed with our allies. More and more will come, we have many to throw at you all! Just die already...” this enraged the Soul-Drain-infused Cabrakan to end. He had already withdrawn the flames of his aura all the way down to a 1 meter radius so Scarlet could give the Glalie a piece of her Bullet Punch, but immediately after recovering from the blow, the Glalie would find himself telekinetically pulled back into the wicked flame aura and right within close range of Cabrakan himself. And if there was ever a safe range to be around a Soul-Drain-infused Chandelure, close range was not it at all.

"Enough... of your arrogance!" Cabrakan's warped voice boomed, "You can send all the men you wish in our direction; I alone could destroy them all if it came down to it! Perhaps then they'll learn their place beneath my feet. As for you... you've just made your final mistake."

Cabrakan wrung his hands around the Glalie's thick neck and, just like the other one, slowly but surely drained his soul. This time though, he only managed to hang on for 20 seconds before a huge chunk of ice fell on top of him, interrupting his channeling. Thankfully, his left shoulder had taken the brunt of impact, and between this chunk of ice falling and the multitude of icicles he tanked that had come from all directions... now that he thought about it, that one he felt. The Glalie would've fallen into a deep sleep by now, albeit still alive, so he was no longer a concern at this very moment. But as he observed where the ice had fallen from, as well as the state of the wall that he'd been attacking before he was distracted, Cabrakan smirked as he knew just how to destroy the wall once and for all.

He starting by igniting both Glalies' bodies and lifting them high into the air. Cabrakan launched the one whose soul he already fully drained first, and between the fire contacting the ice and the extra weight of the Glalie's body, it should've been more than enough to finish off the wall and allow Cabrakan and the two girls to escape the infernal frozen prison. The second Glalie he kept right there, partly in the unlikely event that the first one being shot wasn't enough, and partly as a meat shield for the inevitable reappearance of the Froslass Cabrakan combated earlier. If he were to awaken now, this Glalie would be in for a devastating shock...

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x2

Dora seemed to really like that Illusion trick of Fawkes's. So much so that the Wooper squealed in excitement and ran up to Fawkes, tackling her to the ground and pulling her tiny Wooper arms out of those little pockets to give the dark-type a hug. The squeal and tackle were quite a surprise, honestly, to the point of snapping her concentration, causing the illusion to distort and quickly vanish.

"That was so cooool! You looked just like me! My name's Dora, sorry I didn't say it earlier. Now that's settled we should go somewhere! The house is cool but the outside is cooler don't you think?"

The outside was...well, in most places absolutely. Her time in Juyu had been really enjoyable and there was a wonderful feeling to the outside air though. Here, on the other hand...it wasn't quite as appealing. Run-down shacks, everyone out to get you, a funny smell hanging in the air, and depending on the presence of severe weather, the risk of a random piece of house (or the whole thing, conditions permitting) flying at you out of nowhere. Not exactly an ideal outdoors experience. Dora's enthusiasm was a nice relief though. It was good to want to see new things, right? Even if the new things had to be here of all places. That said, it didn't seem like the Wooper would be going anywhere anytime soon.

"I might be stuck."

She most certainly was; she was stuck kinda sitting but not quite, because of her tiny frail arms being unable to help her up most likely. Fawkes was about to help her back up to her feet, but it seemed that Brooke had arrived just in time to do it instead. So Dora was back on her feet, and judging by the next words Fawkes heard, it seemed Brooke had an idea. A rather tasty one.

“Why don’t we go into town and find some place to eat? Hey, don’t look so down, it’ll be fun. You’re from Deku aren’t you, Fawkes? Is there anywhere you’d like to eat at?”

Food from Deku she enjoyed? Fawkes thought about that one for a short moment. There were a few places to eat in Deku, but a lot of them charged high prices for awful food. However, she did know of one place that served pretty good food. "There's a sushi bar near the south end of town," Fawkes suggested. "The food's really nice for Deku, and the Bisharp that owns the place cooks the food right in front of you! He's really good." Still pricey, but what wasn't around here? Definitely the best food she'd had here though, and Fawkes had "sampled" her fair share of Deku cuisine.

Alleria and Fiona, Melody Hall, Adarid

"Ah, a date? My apologies, mio caro, I didn't mean to disturb."

"Actually, I think I'm interested. But...if I may, can I ask a few request beforehand? First of all, as this is going to be a big decision, I need some time to decide about it. So, I'll be in the Voile tomorrow at sunset to give you my answer. And secondly, something more pressing...

Can I ask whether you can provide me and my girl a place to rest for tonight? We...really need some privacy, for reasons. So...yeah, maybe a lodging, or perhaps, can you leave us alone here for tonight?"

"Ah, Voile, yes, that would be perfect. Take your time, take your time, I'm not going anywhere." He gave a laugh, and, moments later, the two others with him joined in. "I don't think you would get the privacy you want anywhere I send you, but this place..." He looked off into the seats above them, seemed to lock eyes onto something or someone, nodded, and smiled at Alleria. "It should be perfectly fine. Do be gone before the workers come tomorrow, though, that could be...difficult to explain." He snapped his fingers and left, being followed by the others, though not before the Skarmory glared at Fiona, who tried hiding behind Alleria.

After they left, Fiona collapsed to the ground and let out a sigh of relief. "T-That was scary...who were those men? Are you really going to work for him..?" She looked nervously at Alleria, then began to fidget. "And...and, did you mean it? When you said...d-date?" Fiona's entire face was red by now. "Not that I mind it it's just sudden and I, uh, don't know what I'm supposed to do or say and oh I'm so flustered I'm sorry..." She buried her face in her hands and finished, in a muffled voice. "W-what now?"

Team TBD, Two Days from Juyu, on the road to Pride Rock

The group had finally began their journey towards Pride Rock, and had traveled two days already. Darkness was falling but they pressed on, as they could see the large river that cut across the land and separated them from the savanna where Pride Rock was located. They had to go through brush that was several feet high to reach their destination, which grew only more thick as they continued.

Luckily the road cut a swath through it, but it was only wide enough for two people to walk side-by-side. Two large Pyroar guards stood at both ends of the simple, but sturdy, stone bridge that spanned across the river. They didn't move an inch, except to lock their eyes on the travelers.

As they neared these four sentinels, something stirred in the brush.

16 large and hungry-looking leopards leaped from the brush, in a sudden ambush of the travelers. The Pyroar at the bridge stirred slightly but did nothing to help as the group was set upon by the fierce beasts.

Team Neo Not Dark, Deku

“Upsy-Daisy, Dora. Why don’t we go into town and find some place to eat? Hey, don’t look so down, it’ll be fun. You’re from Deku aren’t you, Fawkes? Is there anywhere you’d like to eat at?”

Dora giggled as Brooke helped her up to her feet, stumbled again, almost fell, but managed to keep herself upright. This victory seemed to please her as she broke into a toothy grin and looked up at Brooke proudly. "Thanks ma...Brooke!" She said, then her grin turned cheeky. "Didja burn the food again? Want me to make sure it's put out?" Before Brooke could respond, Dora's attention was taken by Fawkes speaking. "Oooh that sounds good, let's go let's go let's go!" Dora hurried towards Fawkes and prodded the girl with her hip, and gently pushed her towards the door.

The owner of Deku's one and only sushi bar grinned wide as the customers came in. "Ahhh welcome welcome, come come, Deku sushi very good sushi best in world, won't get you sick I promise, sit sit and enjoy!" Dora giggled, seemingly enthralled by the friendly Gijinka. They sat around and he set to work, the natural blades on his arms glowing with energy and cutting at such speed and precision that Dora could barely see the cuts being made.
Dora wiggled and bounced in her seat, giggling the entire time. "Look look, Brooke, Fawkes, look at em go!"

While they ate, there were a pair of surly looking Gijinka, a Toxicroak and Carnivine, complaining about something. "Damn man I told you not to try and gamble with him. He's not called the mythical Gambler for nothing." The Toxicroak said.
The Carnivine didn't seem to be in a mood for talking. "Yeah but he was offering triple, TRIPLE, if I won. But now we got nothing..."

The Bisharp paused in his work, slowly looking over at the pair. He smiled at Dora and then walked past. His face turned dark as he passed by the youngsters, and the two at the table seemed startled. "Hello hello I hear you have no money. No money is no good. Money needed for food." He leaned down and whipsered something to them, and they bolted from their chairs, hurrying out. But not before looking greedily at the food by Dora and her group.

As the Bisharp came back his face had turned friendly once more. "Careful careful friends, lowlives like that might want to take advantage of a nice family like you. But  no worry about that now, eat, eat!"

Team Showdown, S.S. Showdown

The Glalie crashed into the wall., beaten unconscious..and the wall came crumbling down. On all sides, all at once. Unfortunately this meant they now were caught in an avalanche of ice, which buffeted them, partially burying them all in ice.

But they were now free...from this. The Froslass was nowhere to be seen. Jane could be noticed near the closest stateroom, seemingly having been on her way inside before she collapsed.

Meanwhile the ship rocked as the battle above them raged on, seeming to have gotten even more intense than before. Shouts and the occasional scream could be heard, and the boat groaned in protest.

Team WTF, Two days from Juyu, on the road to Adarid

The race was on. Rei had an obvious lead, and seemed to be moving faster and faster as she went on. It was clear they wouldn't be able to catch up to her, however she left a very obvious trail. The Gijinka formerly known as a Flareon was barely keeping ahead, using bursts of Extreme Speed to keep ahead of the Jolteon. The race continued for the rest of the day, heading South. It seemed Entei was determined to reach the mountains. However Rei had been so persistent that she finally caught up to him, as the next day started. One would think that such a race would have worn her out, but she seemed to be running on some kind of inner energy.

However Entei, too, wasn't as worn as you'd expect. It was just past midnight as he turned to the girl, with a fierce pride in his eyes. He roared, a sound that could be heard far across the area, and the battle began...

If Whisper and Easter had continued to chase after, they would arrive just in time to see Entei toss Rei's beaten body to the ground. He would snarl as they approached. "More? Do not interrupt me, mortals, or I will be forced to destroy you!" Flames flared up around his body, and the ground itself rumbled beneath their feet. The Legendary Beast of Fire was ready for battle.

Team Mac, Regirock's Cave

Regirock had ignored the young Dragon, deeming him unworthy of notice. The only strong one here was the other Dragon, who was unconscious at his feet. The children were only noticeable in their braveness at such a young age. But that one, he was weak, and cowardly. At least that was what Regirock had thought.

But the strength that was behind this recent attack was...something to notice.

Regirock dropped Ari as the Dragon slammed into him, and he felt...pain. Actual pain. He was nearly brought to a knee, and wavered slightly. His rock hard defenses was almost broken through, and Regirock was shocked.

"Child. Your strength, the shadow of a Chaser. Grow strong." He righted himself, standing proud, with blood trickling down his head. He couldn't allow himself to be defeated, no matter how surprisingly impressed he was with his opponents. He lifted his arms and a huge mass of stones raised and formed up in a giant shield before the Legend...which he then launched at Kazo, a storm of rock and stone, rushing towards the young Dragon.

"There's a sushi bar near the south end of town. The food's really nice for Deku, and the Bisharp that owns the place cooks the food right in front of you! He's really good."

"Oooh that sounds good, let's go let's go let's go!"

“If you two are fine with it, I am. Just let me get my purse and we can go.” Brooke told the younger Gijinka, laughing at Dora and her happy little dance. She had been a lot happier in general since the little girl had wormed her way in and given her a new perspective on Deku and the world in general.

Had she been like that once? Untainted and full of innocence? Brooke knew that the answer was a resounding N-O. She had been on the streets of Deku as long as she could remember, struggling to survive and last long enough that she could find her next meal before she ran out of energy.

She wouldn’t let that happen to Dora. Or Fawkes, for that matter. The Zorua Gijinka had already experienced what a person had to do to survive out there, but Brooke had no intention of making her live it again. Not while she had an escape to offer them.

iU8EggM.png

"Look look, Brooke, Fawkes, look at em go!"

Brooke came to the conclusion that she was going to take them out to eat more often. It would save her a whole lot of time and effort that she could spend doing more productive things, and Dora’s adorable reaction made it worth a whole lot more poke than she had paid.

Admittedly, this Bisharp Chef was pretty cool. Maybe I can get him to show me a trick or two? She mused, watching the sushi come together flawlessly as the Gijinka’s blades flashed in and out routinely. She drifted off into a daydream where she cooked a dinner twice as good as the one the Bisharp was making, and Dora and Fawkes clapped and cheered while the Bisharp cried in the corner and handed her the title to his business, ashamed.

Yeah. That would be the day.

"Damn man I told you not to try and gamble with him. He's not called the mythical Gambler for nothing."

"Yeah but he was offering triple, TRIPLE, if I won. But now we got nothing..."

The Emboar Gijinka’s ears perked up at the sound of the Carnivine and Toxicroak grumbling a few tables behind her. Her hand wandered to her coin purse, to tuck it inside the hem of her pants, and she shifted a bit closer to her two charges. This was going to lead to trouble…

It seemed the Bisharp Gijinka had been thinking the same thing, because he hurried by with an expression that any sane Gijinka would balk at. Brooke smiled a bit as he chased off the Carnivine and Toxicroak, noting that she would take the two here more often. Could it be that she had found the mythical morally outstanding citizen of Deku?

"Careful careful friends, lowlives like that might want to take advantage of a nice family like you. But no worry about that now, eat, eat!"

Brooke nodded at the Bisharp in thanks, taking a bite out of her food. It was delicious, but she couldn't fully enjoy it. She just had a bad feeling about it all. Something told her the two idiots from before weren’t going to just leave well enough alone; no one in Deku ever did.

Still, she didn’t want to upset the kids, so she did her best to act like she was enjoying the sushi as much as the rest of them. “Mmmhmm, compliments to the chef!” She smacked her lips. “You two take your time and really enjoy it. You don’t find food this good often!”

Alleria Ethera, Team Karaoke

Adarid Concert Hall

"It should be perfectly fine. Do be gone before the workers come tomorrow, though, that could be...difficult to explain."

"Don't worry about that."

The three flying-types soon left the scene, though the Skarmory gave a glare that made Fiona hid behind Alleria. Alleria kept her gaze at the three until they properly left, looking around to make sure that no one else was around this time, before turning around to see Fiona. The Drapion was...cuter than expected when she's shy and flustered like this, and Alleria thought that bringing her here was the right choice after all. With no one else in sight, Alleria started smiling as she looked at the girl before her.

"T-That was scary...who were those men? Are you really going to work for him..?" Fiona collapsed to the ground as she said it, finally letting out a relief after being intimidated by the three fliers earlier.

"Maybe yes, maybe no. I think I just remembered that I need to talk to someone first here, and I can't just decide about that without talking to the others in our group. Though, the prospect itself is quite fun...even though I know the guy's quite slimy and I'd probably end up in a very unfavorable condition by working with him." Alleria said flatly. As much as she considered the man's offer, she knew the risks, and any of her decision about it would be final. But then, the thought about that topic left her mind as she saw that Fiona started to fidget nervously.

"And...and, did you mean it? When you said...d-date?"

"Of course! I was going to get both of us a small treat and watch a show here, but the place's shut down so I had to fill in to not ruin everything. Seeing your flustered reaction earlier, it's pretty exhilarating, no? That moment when the show reached its climax and you stand in between life and death itself, you felt the beautiful rush within yourself, right?

I want to show my best to you, my biggest fan. The date's not romantic at all I think, but as an entertainer, I have to please my audience. I have to bring smiles upon you, and I have to say, yours are quite beautiful."

Fiona's face was all red now after hearing Alleria's attempt to praise her. Alleria's smile turned into a proud smirk as she went closer to the girl, taking her hands to the nearby seats in the meantime.

"Not that I mind it it's just sudden and I, uh, don't know what I'm supposed to do or say and oh I'm so flustered I'm sorry..."

"It's alright, it's alright." As she got Fiona to the seat, the Altaria patted the shy girl on her hair, combing it with her fingers not long afterwards. "You're pretty cute. I know you can be quite the singer with some more effort; you just need to play your strengths more rather than worrying about what you don't possess. And clumsiness is a charm in itself, you know?"

The last sentence was whispered directly to the Drapion's ears. Looking at her reaction, it seemed that Alleria managed to hit the right spot with that. The girl, couldn't handle her embarrassment anymore, buried her face with her hands. Quite a shrinking violet, and Alleria was determined to open her up.

"W-what now?" She said, in a muffled voice. It should be the right time, Alleria thought. She pushed the young girl to lie face-up on the seat, and Fiona let off of her hands from her face and looked at Alleria with a questioning, yet surprised look. Alleria didn't pay it any mind however, and she went ahead and pinned the young girl down.

"Sshh." Alleria gestured so that Fiona didn't ask something else. The Altaria took a good look at the girl before her. The fact that Fiona chose to wear a low-cut dress with that dangerously short skirt made her wonder. With how clumsy she was, it was as if Fiona was just asking for a wardrobe malfunction to happen...which meant that she was really just asking for people to watch her being like that. "Quite a tease, aren't you?"

"W-wha-!" The Altaria put her finger on Fiona's lips before she could finish saying what she was saying. The young girl was still blushing madly, and from her gesture, it was clear that she wanted to get away from what Alleria was going to do, but both of them knew that the girl actually wanted to stay there. It was the same as when Alleria showed her dance that almost hurt Fiona earlier - she could've left any time, but chose to stay to see what would the Altaria do towards her. The perfect reaction that Alleria was aiming for. Like a predator eyeing over its prey, Alleria's smirk turned into a lustful grin as she brought herself closer to the Drapion.

"Just close your eyes and stay quiet. Now, I'll show you how else I can entertain you, my dear. Just surrender yourself to me, and you'll find a joy you won't find anywhere else."

Fiona did not have a chance to say anything else as Alleria immediately went for a kiss. She could feel an urge to resist, she could feel that some part of her was trying to push Alleria back, but her mind was already consumed by the act to do anything else other than enjoying it. She could feel her tongue dancing with Alleria's, she could feel a tingly sensation from her body, and she could feel Alleria's hands starting to explore her body and pulled her dress down. She had no idea about what kind of thing was she going to dive into, but at this point, she couldn't care.

This would be quite the long night.

iU8EggM.png

"Thanks for the ride, sir!" Alleria waved at the wagon that carried them back to the Voile Library after both her and Fiona came off of it. After last night, Fiona was seemingly even more flustered around her, and hadn't tried to say any words to her since the morning. Perhaps it's just because she's not used to it yet, which would mean that it'd be Alleria's responsibility as her idol to help her go past that awkwardness. Regardless, a success was definitely quite welcome, and it seemed that the entire side trip was a right choice after all. Alleria definitely found herself to be quite in a better mood today than she was yesterday. Those annoying thoughts and doubts still persisted, but it was sufficiently repressed for now that it wouldn't make much issue anymore.

The sun was still not far from the horizon at the moment. It would still be several hours before it hit midday, and even longer before she had to pick her decision regarding about Salvatore's offer. But first, she still need to talk to the others regarding this (and she need to explain herself regarding why she even left with a sleeping Fiona during the night), and then she also need to talk to the Xatu as she promised yesterday. Perhaps, the librarian would know about the person she was looking for. Or maybe, she could find her old friend here somewhere. That Xatu should know about her, probably.

She definitely should know about Alleria Ethera.

"Huh...?

Oh anyway, let's come inside, Fiona. Hopefully the others spent the night inside."

After making sure that the Drapion was following her, Alleria went inside of the building and started to scour the place for the one Xatu that talked to her last night, with Fiona worriedly following her. It's best not to keep someone waiting for you during an appointment, after all.

Team Karaoke, Voile Library

"Whew good job everyone!" Gwen said cheerfully. "Though I didn't do much, heh."  It had been a relatively brief, but tense, chase. Gwen had taken to the second floor as soon as possible, knowing if they thief had free reign of that area they'd be done for. She had to put a lot of trust in her teammates but that was something Gwen could do easily.

And now they had caught her, a young Farfetch'd Gijinka, surprisingly, who was clutching a thick and old looking book. The librarian had made their clones vanish and met the trio at the northern doorway. "Indeed, we didn't expect such a result, we apologize for doubting you."

The Xatu leaned closer to the Farfetch'd, who was shivering, her eyes flicking to the left and right, clearly wanting to bolt. "Stealing is...very wrong, child." The Xatu said blankly. She put her hand out in front of her, seemingly asking for the book.

The thief looked like they were going to refuse, but then a blue glow surrounded them and their arm was forced upwards towards the librarian, and the book with it.

The Xatu took the book. "Hmm, interesting. A medical book. An ancient one, I wonder why you needed such a thing..." The Xatu's eyes glowed. Gwen realized what was happening, the librarian was attempting to scan the girl's mind.

The Farfetch'd seemed to realize this too, for she shouted out "No!" And suddenly kicked the Xatu, then ran towards the door. Gwen went to stop her, but paused. There was such fear in the girl's eyes, she couldn't bring herself to.

The thief ran out of the door and Gwen turned to Xatu sheepishly. "Sorry ma'am, I should have stopped her..."

For a brief moment, the librarian looked angry, but that settled. "We do not mind. We are just happy the book is ret...." She glanced down at her hands. The Farfetch'd had stolen the book once more. "...We...Do not like this." There was an uncomfortable silence as the librarian seemed to be brooding. "We will do as we said, you may choose a TM from our collection. However, if possible, we would like you to, if not tonight, find our lost book."

"I'd be happy to help, if my group agree, but where would we begin to look?" Gwen asked.

The Xatu tilted their head. "We know where they came from. The Slums. How you would find your way there, I do not know. But if you can find our book, we will reward you greatly."

Gwen had decided not to take a TM, and instead managed to set it up so the group could use the library as a resting place while they stayed in the city. The next morning, Wally had decided to go out on her own to check out the market, and Gwen woke Lok up with a plate of breakfast and a smile. "I wonder where Alleria and Fiona went, maybe we should look for them today, what do you think?"

"That is unnecessary" The librarian, no, one of the librarian's clones, said. "We are speaking with them at this moment. They have arrived safely."

Meanwhile, the real Xatu was greeting the pair. "You are lucky the one called Gwen convinced me to let them stay. Separating from your group in Adarid can be...dangerous. I see your date went...well." Fiona blushed at the implication that the Xatu somehow knew what had happened. She seemed very conflicted. Trying to stay close to Alleria, and avoiding her. Seemingly torn between happiness and awkwardness, regret and satisfaction. 

"Your friends are this way. If you have any questions, please ask, otherwise they can fill you in on the previous night's events."

[spoiler=OOC]Okay so Rep, Nai, here's the deal. You may decide to help the Xatu get the book back, or not. Completely up to you. And how you do it is also up to you. Just let me know what you want to do and ask anything you need to. Also Rep, you may have Lok learn a new TM move! Just make sure it's nothing super powerful, run it by me and I can OK it or not.

Kazo had put all he had into that Iron Missile Head. His energy was spent, and he could barely move. He panted hard as he saw Regirock stand. Wait... did he make the Legend bleed? How... how did he do that?

"Child. Your strength, the shadow of a Chaser. Grow strong." Kazo barely registered those words. He was only a shadow of a Chaser? ... It made sense. He was nowhere near as strong as he wanted to be. Regirock lifted his arms, raising a huge mass of stones which formed a massive shield before the Legend, which he then launched at Kazo. Kazo barely had the strength to cross his arms to barely reduce the damage that the attack would do. The storm of stones crashed into his body, sending the young Dragon flying across the cave and crashing into the wall. He coughed up some blood before losing consciousness. This couldn't be healthy...

They had been traveling for almost two days. At first, nothing seemed off... but halfway through the first day, Denku noticed something. Albrecht was missing. They had looked around, but she just... vanished. Huh, so that's what it felt like... Wishing her luck, hoping the wind would carry their wishes, they kept on to Pride Rock. Was this still a good idea? Denku didn't know any more. 

Eventually, the group came to a bridge, one guarded by Pyroars. Didn't seem to bad... except for the fact a pack of leopards came out of the bushes, looking like they wanted a meal. Sure, they were only wild animals, but there were around 16 of them. That was not good odds.

"Alright, I don't think we should try fighting...," Denku said as he raised his hand. "You two make a break for the bridge. I'll distract them and catch up,"

The extended chase was soothing for Whisper. For most of her and Easter's journey out this far, she had been left with long periods of time to ruminate on the encounter she expected was coming in the not-so-distant future. It would be a lie to say that she was unafraid, anyone would be if they were soon to be matched up against a gijinka who had earned the title of Godslayer in spite of his blindness. For all her speed, agility, and skill in combat she was far from certain of victory against him. With all the time she'd had, her mind was able to come up with what felt like innumerable scenarios in which someone who had killed a legend could easily do the same to her. Perhaps the most unsettling thing was the thought that she would not be able to strike from the shadows as she'd been trained to. She had the horrible feeling that this fight would be decided in the open, in the light of day where such an enemy would have the advantage.

For all these reasons, the chase was soothing. The sense of purpose it gave her calmed her thoughts, and even though she would likely end up fighting a legend she was certain that he was much weaker than who she would inevitably have to face. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't a fresh foe she would face, as she fully expected that Jolteon to engage him as soon as she caught up. The constant knowledge of her presence just a ways ahead of them, however far away it became, assured her that at least now she wouldn't be fighting alone. Then there was Easter, who she assumed was following behind her, and had not bothered looking back for.

So it was that Whisper found herself in something approaching a good mood as she closed with Rei's location. The shortening distance could mean only one thing, that the Jolteon had gotten herself stuck into the fight. The fact that she didn't lose her sense for the girl's location was strangely heartening. It was almost like being on the hunt with one of her companions from the order, and that thought brought a sense of rightness with it. As if in spite of everything that was wrong with the world, things were exactly as they should be in the here and now.

Things didn't really stay like that though. The moment she came within range to potentially interfere in the fight, Rei was bodily thrown across the ground and left lying in a bloody heap. The Absol came to a stop, and looked over the scene before her with an outward expression of calm that belied what she was feeling inside. She barely even registered it as Entei roared a challenge at them and set himself ablaze. She considered her options, and part of her mind realized that a fight could possibly be avoided if she just asked the legend before her to teach her what she wanted to know...but that wouldn't work, now would it? She hadn't come out here just to learn a move that would give her an edge up on the Godslayer, though that was certainly part of it.

"Entei," she said as she stepped forward, pulling her backpack off of her shoulders and shrugging out of her coat, "have you heard of the Godslayer? Is he the reason you were so intent on fighting the Jolteon so far away from anyone else?" She came to a stop about four meters away from where the legend stood, backpack in hand. "Well, I aim to kill him." It felt strange saying that out loud, and to answer the question she felt was certainly coming she pulled that black robe with its white hood from within. It took her only a few moments to completely don the garment, and so now she stood before the legend as a representative of the order. "That said, you present me with a unique opportunity," she paused to finish wrapping the scarf around her face and neck, never taking her eyes off the legend in front of her. "I came to ask you to teach me a technique that would give me an advantage against my prey, but now I would also like to test myself against you. If I am going to kill someone who killed a god, then I ought to make myself able to stand against them as well." She made no further moves and said nothing else after that. From here on out, it was in Entei's hands to decide how their encounter ended.

FxSKOUs.png

"Look look, Brooke, Fawkes, look at em go!"

Who could possibly blame Dora for being so excited? Fawkes had snuck into this place once before, but just remembering this Bisharp going at it as his arms and blades moved so quickly and skillfully was an entirely different experience from actually being there, and it wasn't any less awesome the second time! However, he eventually just stopped, and passed by the group as he approached a table not far from the three. Then he spoke to the folks over there.

"Hello hello I hear you have no money. No money is no good. Money needed for food."

Then he did something, Fawkes wasn't sure what, that caused the guys at the table to get up and make a beeline for the door. Luckily, judging by his next statement, that...whatever he did, wouldn't be put to practice on the trio Fawkes was now a part of.

"Careful careful friends, lowlives like that might want to take advantage of a nice family like you. But no worry about that now, eat, eat!"

“Mmmhmm, compliments to the chef! You two take your time and really enjoy it. You don’t find food this good often!”

Fawkes, meanwhile, was finally getting more familiar with chopsticks. Picking up a piece of what was a fish before the chef got his hands on it with the chopsticks, Fawkes brought the food to her mouth, and...wow! It was really good stuff! Brooke was right; it wasn't every day somebody stumbled upon food this good! "Where did you learn to do this!?" Fawkes asked excitedly.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
S.S. Showdown

Suddenly, the aura that previously surrounded Cabrakan had dissipated, as did the flames around his eyes. He had felt dizzy, his vision blurred and his head was pounding, but he had to fight through it. The trio had only just got out of the ice prison that they were previously encased in, and as far as Cabrakan was aware, the Froslass that he was previously battling was still out there somewhere. On top of that, the battle was raging above deck, and the boat groaned as though it would break apart and capsize at any moment. This wasn't a good sign. As much as he wanted to hurry and help the crew, Cabrakan could only take one step at a time.

Incidentally, he found Jane a fair distance away from his position... or rather, what looked to be Jane. Unfortunately, Cabrakan couldn't make sense of what he was seeing right now. So he erred on the side of caution and kept his distance, assuming that either his mind was playing tricks on him or this was a trap that the Froslass had set just in case Cabrakan, Taiga and Scarlet managed to get out of the ice prison in one piece.

"Are you alright, Jane?" Cabrakan asked regardless, "Can you stand?"

yCrzb88.png
Team (TBD)
Road to Pride Rock

Meanwhile, Beatrice, Fjanna and Denku were on the way to Pride Rock as they believed that there was a legendary Pokemon to be found there... well, the latter two did; Beatrice only tagged along because she couldn't decided on an alternative destination, and she was the most reluctant about actually going there. Of course, travel was a bore and it always would be. However, Denku was the first to notice that Albrecht was no longer with them, followed by Beatrice.

"Hey, guys?" Beatrice asked Fjanna and Denku hesitantly, "You don't think Al left because of... m-me, right? I mean... I know I said something horrible, but..."

Unfortunately, neither of them would be able to answer before a pack of leopards surrounded the trio, having ambushed them from among the bushes. There were a total of sixteen of the bastard things, and that was too high a number for one to encounter if they wanted to come out alive. Denku seemed calm, though.

"Alright, I don't think we should try fighting. You two make a break for the..." incidentally, Beatrice had made her move before Denku could finish saying this.

"DATTE-funking-BAIYO, YA SKITTY-ASS funkers!!" Beatrice lunged as many needles as she could throw in a cone formation ahead of her, before deciding to barking orders of her own, "Denku, keep an eye on my six! Fia, go do what Denku said and get that damn Pyroar's attention! We got this!"

The Glalie twins had fallen before their combined efforts.  Seeing them fall, Taiga smirked.

"Hah!  You guys weren't so tough!"  She spat out a chunk of ice she had previously obtained from the wall, her arm hanging at her side.  "Aw hell...I think it may be busted.  You guys tasted funky anyway!  Looks like we won this one ay?"  She looked at Scarlet, and Cabrakan, who were on opposite ends of the hallway.  The Chandelure had gone to aid the rotom girl who had been out of their reach beforehand.  "Easy peasy!"  She spoke too soon, as the ice walls around her started to collapse in on themselves.  

She was pelted by a massive chunks of ice, and she tried to shield herself from the brunt of the damage.  It scraped her skin, and it was heavy, but luckily, she wasn't buried alive.  She dug her way out of the icy tomb, only to realize that the froslass had gotten away.

"That ghost jabroni!  I'll take a chunk out of her if it's the last thing I do!"  Breaking herself completely free, she headed for the stairs to the topside.  From what she could hear, it seemed like the others were having just as bad a time as they had just experienced.  

S.S. Showdown Team Showdown

As soon as Scarlet slammed her pinsirs into the Glalie's jaw, Carbinka had pulled the Glalie towards him. Quickly, he quickly finished off the barely conscious Glalies. Suddenly, the icy walls that had formed started caving into the group. Quickly, she started to Bullet Punch the ice chunks coming towards her, and while her claws were definitely bruised from punching said ice, she was more or less ok. Looking around, it seemed that the other two made it out alive, although Carbinka was visibly worn down. Whether it was because of the ice or due to his terrifying show of power before, she couldn't tell. What she could notice, however, was a lack of a certain Froslass. There was also a lot of ruckus from above, and the boat was rocking wildly. Whatever was going on outside didn't sound pretty. Noting that Cabrakan was taking care of the rotom girl, she decided that it was probably for the best to see what was happening on deck. "When I get my claws on that..." she muttered and cursed under her breath, before dashing behind Taiga.

Voile Library Team Karaoke

"Put that book down!" Lok shouted, pointing his finger at the cornered Farfetch'd. "Whew good job everyone!" Lok heard as Gwen and the Xatu joined him and "Indeed, we didn't expect such a result, we apologize for doubting you." He gave both of them a thumbs up, before turning back to the Farfetch'd. 

. . . 

As the Xatu attempted to do...something...Lok wasn't quite sure what was going on, but it was probably something related to Psychic abilities...The Farfetch'd had kicked the Xatu. Caught off guard, Lok prepared to fire a Thunderbolt at the Farfetch'd, but stopped half way. There was no way he was going to aim at her in time - she was too close to the door - and he didn't want to burn any of the books in the library.  He let out a sigh as the thief made her escape. "Damn..." He sighed. "...well, at least we got the bo-" turning to the Xatu, he noticed that the book was missing. "...We...Do not like this." There was a long and uncomfortable pause. Finally, the silence was broken when the Xatu spoke. "We will do as we said, you may choose a TM from our collection. However, if possible, we would like you to, if not tonight, find our lost book."

"I'd be happy to help, if my group agree, but where would we begin to look?" Lok nodded in agreement. He was determined to catch the thief and return the book. 

. . .

The next day, Lok had been awoken by a familiar and warm smile. It was Gwen, who had set it up so that they could rest in the library. He smiled back at her. "I wonder where Alleria and Fiona went, maybe we should look for them today, what do you think?" Stretching him arms up in the air. Next to him was the TM that he had chosen - a TM for Will-o-Wisp. Before he could respond to Gwen's question, however, the Xatu - or one of the clones? Lok wasn't good at telling them apart - intervened. "That is unnecessary. We are speaking with them at this moment. They have arrived safely."

"Well, they're safe. I think we should probably wait for them to get here." He got up "After all, it will be much easier to find them if we have more people, right?" 

Fjanna Vaia Livrais

Road to Pride Rock, Team TBD

It was sad that Albrecht had chosen to leave the group. Nevertheless, as the mother of these lost children, Fianna must persevere for their sake. Taking care of them would be her job, so she shouldn't let sadness cloud her heart. Perhaps she could even find another lost child to guide later as a way fate made up for Albrecht's departure? No one would know, but that was an interesting thought to entertain. But with or without, Fiona and the others would still need to continue. Their journey was far from over.

"Hey, guys?" Beatrice asked Fjanna and Denku hesitantly out of nowhere, disturbing Fiona's thoughts. "You don't think Al left because of... m-me, right? I mean... I know I said something horrible, but..."

"That's just plain stupid to think about it like th-"

However, before she could finish her blunt reply, a pack of leopards suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Was this a test from fate? A sudden shift on the wheel of fortune to be ambushed by these wild beasts? Fianna pondered the meaning of the encounter while readying her staff. Everyone else seemingly was preparing themselves too.

"Alright, I don't think we should try fighting...," Denku said as he raised his hand. "You two make a break for the bridge. I'll distract them and catch up,"

"No, I'll-"

"DATTE-funking-BAIYO, YA SKITTY-ASS funkers!!" Beatrice lunged as many needles as she could throw in a cone formation ahead of her as she interrupted Fianna, a second for the day. With such rude words too. Perhaps her soaps could do more good than just washing their dirty skins. "Denku, keep an eye on my six! Fia, go do what Denku said and get that damn Pyroar's attention! We got this!"

"...Hey hey, get out of here for a bit." Fia said, her tone completely changed from her usual, cheerful or stern tone. Of course, it's her job to protect them too, right? It had been a while since she used this. She probably wouldn't be able to battle for the rest of the day after this, but it seemed that it'd be necessary. Coating herself with fire using her Flame Body, Fianna calmly walked forward, seemingly not heeding what Bea and Denku said towards her. She had faith on herself.

To let it waver would mean to let herself die.

O, multitude of spirits, who soar through the sky…

Purify my soul! Cleanse my soul! This body, this heart – purify them!

Her flames were the proof of her unyielding, unconquered belief. It was a result of her faith. This Fianna Vaia Livrais wouldn't be her if she did not have that unwavering iron will. As she started to chant, the flames around her body burned brighter and brighter, starting to consume her instead of just surrounding her as she still calmly walked towards the sixteen attacking leopards. Beautiful creatures as they were, they're on her way.

With the divine mana flowing throughout all of creation,

My prayers become flames, and race through the mountain.

She could feel it. The pain of being burned alive. Ah, how long since she had felt it. She could feel her skin wasting away and turning to ash, she could feel her eyeballs melting, or her hairs being burned to nothingness. It was a pity to have the others see her burning herself to death like this, but she had faith that they would stay strong. As she was literally falling apart from the flames that consumed her, her voice remained calm, and proceeded with the next lines.

Taking everything in - set my spirit ablaze!

My wishes lie beyond the horizon, at the rainbow's nadir

As the one that would conquer fate

I declare my last word!

Ash to Ash: The Original Flame!

And then, as if an explosion happened, the fire that consumed Fianna engulfed everything around her with its embrace. It did not last long. Just like a flickering candle that was blown by the wind, the fire soon faded into nothingness, leaving Fianna in its wake. She looked completely healthy again, even if she looked like she was completely exhausted by what she just did. The backlash would probably be worse than expected since she hadn't used it for quite a while, and she was unsure whether she dealt with the leopards enough or not. But that shouldn't matter. With a weary smile, she continued her calm trek towards the Pyroar that guarded the bridge.

"Hiya there sir! We're a group of travelers that plans to go to Pride Rock. Can we please pass this bridge? Or should we pay any fee to pass?"

She really didn't sound like someone who had just been burned to death moments ago.

Artoria Pendragon, Team Karaoke

Voile Library, Adarid

"Your friends are this way. If you have any questions, please ask, otherwise they can fill you in on the previous night's events."

"Right right, I think I have some questions.

First...uhh...this might be a bit weird, but do you know about a librarian that used to work here? Or used to frequent this place, I couldn't really remember much. Her name....uh...I think...yeah, I think it was Alleria Ethera? I forgot what kind of person she was though.

Do you recall that person, perhaps?"

While the Xatu led her towards the rest of the group, Alleria decided to ask the question that she was going to ask after the little bits of memory she probably resurfaced at the opera hall. She didn't really realize that she was saying her own name, but even if she realized it, she knew that she was talking about someone else.

"Aside from that...

Hey!

Gwen, Lok, it's nice to see you two!" Her thought was diverted when she met her other two teammates. "Where's Wally? Oh, and...man, I can't wait to tell you what we both did on our date last night, but first, can you fill up what did I miss here?"

Team Mac, Regirock’s Cave

The Regirock heaved a sigh as his opponent fell. They had put up a fight, more than he expected, but they had lost. And now what? It was his right, some would say his duty, to finish his fallen foes off. But what a waste that would be...
His back stung, and burned, and he remembered there was one last opponent. He turned slowly to face the battered young Litleo, who was huffing and staring with both fear and determination. “It is over.”
The youngling didn’t want to accept that, and tried to Tackle Regirock, who stopped him with a swat of his hand.
“Stop now. Or all die. Leave here with companions, live another day, return stronger.” Ari barely managed to get to his feet, and part of him wanted to fight more. But one look at his friends who had been knocked unconscious convinced him otherwise.

With a sigh Ari agreed, slowly and painstakingly dragged his companions out of the cave. Dorian was awaiting them, and seemed somber as he saw the damage done to each of them. But not surprised. He also wasn’t surprised to see Ari standing. “That one sure does have a soft spot for kids, you all are lucky that he isn’t like some Legends...”
Ari spent a moment to speak to Regirock one last time before turning back and joining his group. Dorian told him to get his wife, and together they brought the group back to his home, to rest for the night.

Meanwhile, near the cave, two figures watched. “Should we do it now?” the sharp voice of Edgelord cut through the air. His companion, the Gardevoir that had introduced herself as God Slayer, put a hand on his shoulder and shook her head.
“Patience. It is nearly nighttime. We do not want to deal with the one that lurks this place at night. But soon. I read the little one’s mind, I know the secret of how to get inside. Regirock better rest well, he has one day left to live...”

The next day, the members of Team Mac would wake to a hot breakfast and a kind greeting. Though Mac, having taken much more damage than she was used to, was the last to wake. Before he headed out to guard the cave again, Dorian took a moment to make sure everyone was alright, and to ask them not to reveal the location of Regirock. He had a grim and serious tone when he spoke, and he didn’t leave until each had promised.

"Now, remember this fight, alright? Legends are serious business, and many of them would have killed you. Please...don't throw your lives away. I've grown a bit fond of you knuckleheads, so don't go dying on me, a'ight?"
Afterwards, Lola asked them all what they planned to do next. To which Mac stared in complete bafflement, having not thought that far.
Ari seemed to want to travel East, but didn’t want to force the idea on his companions. He had been oddly silent, somber even, throughout the morning.

Team TBD, The Bridge to Pride Rock

The Pyroar watched as the battle started. They had known the leopards were near, but did nothing to stop the attack. It was not their place, this was the way of the land. The outsiders would have to find that out fast.

They seemed...disorganized. One tried to get them to work together, but the other looked intent on doing her own things. The Pyroar guards almost laughed as she unleashed her attack.
The leopards leapt out of the way, except for one that was struck in the side by the needles. They were preparing to retaliate when something...strange happened.
The other girl seemed to light herself on fire and began walking towards the bridge.
Three of the leopards tried their luck with attacking anyway, and were instead burned heavily. The others stayed away from the flames after that. Thus the explosion only managed to bring down the three burned leopards, and three others who had been too slow to move out of the way, including the one injured by the Beedrill.

As Fia reached the guards, and spoke, they stared at her in wonder. They began muttering in a strange language, before the one closest to Fia, on the right, spoke. “You have strange powers. Our king would want to meet you, come with us.” He nodded at the others in her group. “They may accompany...if they make it here alive. That is our way, we shall not get involved. But if they prove their worth, we will not keep them out.”

The last ten leopards decided that the other two would be much better prey. Three of them attacked Denku outright, rushing him suddenly and fiercely, while the other seven surrounded Bea, who had injured one of their own. They would wait for her to move, at which point they’d launch themselves at her.

The battle above deck raged on, and it seemed to be going badly for the defenders. For, while there were dozens of unconscious attackers, there were even more still on board, and with more coming in every few minutes. The sheer numbers made up for the fact that most were likely less than twenty levels, and had a type disadvantage against the Electric types.

Solana was down, with an injured Isole and Trava guarding her unconscious body, near the middle of the ship. Near the stern, Apanie stood, blasting hordes of attackers with a strangely passive expression. However she was on her own and at risk of being overwhelmed at any moment.

Captain and Edna were working together to try and prevent more attackers from boarding the ship, though Edna was just barely avoiding being hit by water attacks, and Captain seemed to be focused on keeping something large from getting closer to the deck.

Clyde was in a two on one match at the bow of the ship, with a pair of large Beartic Gijinka.

Overall the battle seemed to be going badly, and meanwhile the ship continued to groan in protest. It seemed like it wasn’t going to be able to take such a beating for much longer.

Down below, Jane fought to regain consciousness. She had a job to do, and she couldn’t fail her Captain. If she didn’t, she wasn’t sure any of them would live to see the next day...But...she just...felt so cold...she didn’t know if she could open her eyes and respond to Cabrakan, let alone stand. Hopefully someone would be able to...

Team Neo Not Dark, Slicing Sam’s Sushi

“Oooh glad you like glad you like.” The sushi chef said to Brooke at her praise. “Eat up eat up...but make sure you have money. You make me so so sad if you not have money!” The Bisharp gave them all a comically sad expression, before answering Fawkes’ question. “Ahhh back in motherland, errr, homeland, this is food not known at all! So when Sam moves, Sam thinks. ‘Hey Sam, if you move to new home, why not learn new food?’ and then came here, was starving, had no where to go. No food, no nothing, couldn’t start fire. Was almost block of ice. Then found fish. But no fire to cook. So ate it raw and thought ‘wowie this is good food!’ and got strength to reach city. Once reach city found books for making of the food. And then taught self to make sushi, is good, yes? Eat more!” He grinned and piled an extra helping for Fawkes. “Mmm, where other one?”

Dora hadn’t heard Sam’s story. For she was feeling bad for the two that left. They were just down on their luck, without any money. So she wanted to go find out if they needed some help. She slipped away as Brooke and Fawkes were focused on eating, and waddled her way out the door. She found the pair quickly, who seemed surprised to see her. Once she asked them if they needed help, they broke out into laughter. She tilted her head, curious what was so funny, and found herself being covered by a net. “Heh, I bet that chick in there will pay a ton to get this kid back. Let’s leave a note.”
“I don’t know how to write though!”
“Oh fine, I’LL leave it then.”

And so he whipped up a quick note and left it in sight of the door to the sushi restaurant. It read “Dear jabronitits, you want your little fish girl back, you bring 100 1000 2000 Poke to the Northern end of town.”

First...uhh...this might be a bit weird, but do you know about a librarian that used to work here? Or used to frequent this place, I couldn't really remember much. Her name....uh...I think...yeah, I think it was Alleria Ethera? I forgot what kind of person she was though.

Do you recall that person, perhaps?"

The Xatu paused, seemingly holding back a smile before speaking. “We don’t know what you mean. We have always been here. Maybe you are thinking of another Grand Library?” There was a hint of teasing in the librarian’s voice, though it was difficult to tell if it was mean-spirited or joking, with the monotone they spoke in.

However the appearance of Gwen and Lok seemed to divert the attention. Except for Fiona, who seemed to have a question of her own for the librarian, and took the time that Alleria was off greeting the others to ask it.

Gwen smiled widely at the sight of the two. “Well looks like we don’t have to look, hey Lok?” She started to laugh as the Altaria rambled on. “Well now someone MISSmagiusED us I see...is it awkward using your own species name for these? Ah, anyway. Wally is gone shopping, she...I don’t know when she’ll be back, she seemed a bit unsure herself...I hope she’s not leaving, ha..haha...A-anyway, a date? Wow that’s so bold of you! But um...” She blushed, clearly awkward at the implications. “I don’t know if I can handle...er, that is...oh right, Lok, Lok is too young for that kind of talk, so maybe...not?” She was relieved that Alleria wanted to know what had happened, so she explained the experience with the thief, and the missing book. Plus the fact that they promised to try and find the thief, and that it was possible, given the looks of the thief, they came from the slums. “We don’t know exactly how we’d find them but if we can get into the slums somehow, that’s a good start. But, enough of that, are you okay? Did anything happen, besides...you know.”

Team WTF, In between Adarid and Juyu

Easter struggled not to show how much the race had worn him out. He wasn’t really one for running, and they had been running for a long time. But when they reached their goal, and saw how Entei tossed Rei aside, he had to hold himself back from rushing into battle right then and there. It annoyed him that he had this reaction, but he couldn’t help but be reminded of...that night.
Luckily Whisper distracted the Sylveon before he did anything rash.

"Entei, have you heard of the Godslayer? Is he the reason you were so intent on fighting the Jolteon so far away from anyone else?" Entei was silent, watching the young woman warily. "Well, I aim to kill him."Entei grinned. "That said, you present me with a unique opportunity, I came to ask you to teach me a technique that would give me an advantage against my prey, but now I would also like to test myself against you. If I am going to kill someone who killed a god, then I ought to make myself able to stand against them as well."

“Godslayer. That is a name that has been popping up often lately. A worm who thinks themselves a hawk. They will die soon enough. But if you want to try and do it for us...heh, what am I saying. A mortal strong enough to kill one of us cannot possibly be stopped by anyone but another Legend. If you want to try it, fine. I might be able to give you a little help.” He reached into a pouch and brought out a small stone slab with writing etched onto it. “A rune of Technique Magic should be suitable for one such as you. But I won’t just give it away, no matter how useless it is to me. Show me what you can do, it might be a fun distraction, especially if there’s two of you.”

Easter smiled widely, he could tell how strong this Entei was. And, while it wasn’t a Dragon or Dark type, it would be...intense, fighting something so strong. Plus he had to make sure that idiot Rei was alright. He was so in.

“It seems we have ourselves a battle.” Entei said, then scoffed. “At least, you do, but I won’t turn down a bit of a warm up.”

The fire around him increased in size and intensity, the ground he stood on rumbled, and cracked. The air itself began to heat up, distorting with the intense temperature. A wave of Pressure crashed upon the two opponents, and they found it harder to breath and focus.
Without any more warning, Entei moved, getting within several feet of Whisper and thrusting his palm forward with great force. The Sacred Flames surrounding him launched out and slammed into her. As they surrounded her she could feel intense heat, as well as great physical force crashing against her. He immediately turned towards Easter and breathed fire, a large Blast of Fire rushing towards the feminine man. Having worn himself out, Easter wasn’t sure he would be able to dodge, but the adrenaline from the start of the battle gave him the burst he needed to avoid being caught by the brunt of the attack. However the flames still struck him and he could feel intense pain, as his arm was singed. He winced, realizing he had been burned by the attack.

Entei's words had a galvanizing effect on the young Assassin, her uncertainty bleeding away then and there in that very moment. The offer to teach her exactly what she was looking to learn, combined with the challenge that she would have to prove herself to earn it, put a sense of certainty in her that she had been lacking the past few days. Perhaps later she would reminisce upon how it was strange that in order to overcome the Godslayer, she would have to imitate him, but there was no room for such thoughts now. Now, all she could do was wait and prepare for battle. Even as that crushing force pressed down on top of her and forced the air from her lungs, she imposed her own Pressure onto the field of battle. Entei would find his ears filled with an incessant buzz, his vision blurred, and a strange weight overcome his limbs while he was near her. She raised her hands in preparation for the fight that was to soon be joined, and readied herself.

It came in a flash to her. A storm of fire wrapping around the Legend before her, and surging forth even as he rushed to strike her with it. A burning sensation across her whole body, and lingering flames that touched at the edge of her vision even as she retaliated. This was not the only thing that came to her, as she felt herself raise her arm without moving it, and the very same storm of fire surround her to act as an answer. Without fully understanding how she managed it, she did as the vision coming to her convinced her she should. Flames erupted about her body, but they did not burn her. She thrust her palm out meet Entei even as he charged her, the charcoal ring upon her hand gleaming with light as it boosted the power of her own inferno. The flames collided and swirled about them, growing in intensity by the second as it seemed the firestorms struggled for control before that coalescence of blessed flames exploded under its own force.

Whisper was understandably sent flying, and thoroughly singed across the whole of her body, by the mix of Entei's own physical strength and the curious interaction of those flames. Even as she was rolling across the ground in an effort to avoid being vulnerable before she got to her feet, she withdrew a pair of throwing knives and held them in her left hand. When she finally got to her feet, she noticed that Entei had since recovered from their curious engagement and she had little time to act. Tracking his movements, she pulled her scarf down and expunged that caustic substance onto her knives. Waiting only a moment for it to properly adhere to them, she hurled the poisoned knives at where the legend's current motion was set to take him in the hopes of afflicting him with that potion. Between that, this strange evolution of her Disaster Sense, and Easter's aid, she felt that it might well be possible to beat this overwhelming figure. If worse truly came to worst, and she felt their power would be insufficient, she still had a surprise which she hoped could tip the balance.

yCrzb88.png
Team (TBD)
Road to Pride Rock

As Beatrice continued to fling needles, Fjanna's body ignited into flames as she somewhat casually walked past the leopards. Some tried to attack and got burned as a result, and then all of a sudden... did Fjanna just explode? Beatrice could've sworn that was the case, and now all of a sudden there were only ten leopards left. Three had gone straight for Denku, whereas every single remaining one had surrounded Beatrice, who was flabbergasted by such an act.

"Butshejust...! Ididn't...! Idon'teven...!" Beatrice was lost for words, but found them again the moment she turned to Denku, "Are you seeing this?! These cats are sexist!"

Well... it was more likely she got more of them as karma for injuring one of their kind, but that was the excuse that she'd stuck with nonetheless. In any case, knowing now that the needles weren't working, Beatrice had armed her twin lances, holding one in front and one off to the side that was most populated with leopards. If they'd jump after her, she'd most likely start spinning and give as many a good whack as she possibly could.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
S.S. Showdown

Meanwhile, Jane had not responded to Cabrakan's question... which could only mean that something had gone horribly wrong on her part. Taiga and Scarlet were both long gone by now, most likely having gone on ahead to deal with the battle above deck. Just as they were leaving though, Cabrakan had seen a vision of the Froslass, which seemed to be just... staring at the two of them. He knew for a fact that that couldn't be right.

'Am I hallucinating?' Cabrakan wondered. Sure enough, the vision had just... vanished, right out of thin air.

He wanted to shrug it off as nothing and help Jane up like he otherwise would've. But something about this Froslass was completely amiss...

Juyu, the 8th day

The city of Juyu was in flames. The attack had been sudden and ferocious. Everyone had been happily making their way to, or exploring, the festival grounds for the weekly festival. It wasn’t as large as last time, and there were certainly many less big names, but it was still an exciting event.

No one could be sure how it started. It seemed to be out of nowhere that Gijinka, both from inside and outside the city, began to launch attacks at the civilians and buildings.

Heather and Kayla scrambled to fight off this massive wave of attackers. Unusually, all of the attackers seemed to have similar looks to them. Panicked, regretful, and some of them even seemed to apologize to those who they attacked.

But in the midst of it, one lone Gijinka made his way from the west entrance towards the center of the festival ground, where the main stage was located. He moved with a slow purpose, seemingly unaware of the mayhem around him. That is, until anyone got near him. He would then let loose an Aura Sphere, break their neck with his bare hands, or otherwise dispose of the distractions. He cut down dozens of civilians, seemingly without a thought. A Zangoose, a member of Sada’s gang, yelled at him in rage. Saying this wasn’t part of the deal. The Lucario simply sneered and the Zangoose grasped at his chest as their aura was ripped out of them.

Continuing on, the Lucario found himself face to face with a young Kirlia. The one who had sung last in the singing competition last week. She was standing on the stage, as if frozen in place. Her eyes took in the tragedy around her but she seemed unable to move. “I knew you would be coming soon. But this...why? What is the point?”

Lucario strode forward, not answering at first. “It was high time to show our strength. Plus I had hoped you would feel obligated to help these people and would stay to protect them. I was half right. Here you are. Not out of duty, but fear. You’re pathetic. And they dare to call you a legend, Meloetta.”

As the Lucario spoke, the Kirlia’s form changed as a soft melody suddenly sounded. Where once a Kirlia stood, was now Meloetta, the Legendary Melody Gijinka. She seemed afraid, as she looked into the Lucario’s eyes. But she also had a hint of determination about her.

“I am afraid, yes. I know who, what, you are. You’ve come to kill me. I had hoped to stay in hiding to avoid facing you. I was mistaken, I shouldn’t have hid and caused all this.” She gestured around her. “But that will end now. You will leave, or I will make you leave.”

Lucario laughed. “I can sense your fear. You can feign courage all you want, it won’t help you in the end.”

Meloetta extended her arms to either side and opened her mouth, letting out a sonic blast with her voice. Lucario rushed right through it, seemingly unaffected by the attack. The Legend was shocked by her attack being so ineffective, and thus was unable to prevent them from landing a punch. She was hit across the cheek with the Lucario’s fist, a blow that felt like being hit with a steel bar, and she was knocked to the ground.

Not ready to give up, Meloetta thrust her arm towards the Lucario and launched a Psybeam at the Fighting type. He easily dodged out of the way and came at her once more. She quickly got to her feet and raised both hands, halting him in his track with a powerful Psychic attack. The smile of relief this gave her quickly faded as the Lucario, growling, pushed forward and broke from her hold.

Once more he was directly before her, and unleashed a flurry of kicks and punches, ending in a powerful kick to the chest, which sent Meloetta flying into the stage, crashing through the wall and collapsing it.

Lucario frowned, seemingly upset. “How is one such as you a Legend? You are weak. I met a true Legend many years ago, near Fryst. The Legend that cost me my vision.” He lifted his hand to the bandaging around his eyes. “I nearly died during that fight. But I am stronger now, and you, you are so much weaker than them.”

A song started up from the wreckage of the stage. Ancient, powerful, and beautiful. An aura began to form around it, as Meloetta got to her feet. However, her form had once more changed. She let out a battle cry and launched herself at the Lucario.

Her arms and legs glowed with a bright aura as she lashed out with kicks and punches in close combat. Lucario knocked her first punch to the side, and dodged the second. He wasn’t able to block the kick that came after, and he grunted as Meloetta’s leg made contact with his side. He counterattacked even more fiercely, though no aura accompanied these blows. Meloetta was forced into retreat, stepping gracefully to avoid the quick jabs and leg sweeps Lucario was employing. He managed to make contact with a triple combo of two jabs and a powerful right hook to the side of her head. Meloetta, disoriented, tried to lash out with a kick Lucario grabbed her leg. Her attack stuttered to a halt as she realized the mistake she had made.

Lucario hit Meloetta's stomach with an open palm, blasting her with a strong kinetic force. She barely managed to stay standing, however Lucario wasn't done. He had followed her as she was knocked back, and stood right next to her. His hand glowed as he launched an Aura Sphere at her, close range. It struck her in the chest and passed through her body. She cried out in agony before collapsing to the ground.
He stood over her, triumphant, seemingly unharmed.

bgm

“Cease!” A strong voice spoke from nearby. Lucario paused, and tilted his head to look. The sheriff of Juyu, Heather, stood there. Similar to the Lucario there was signs she had fought, but also no indications she was injured. A wry grin crossed the Lucario’s face. “You are not my target. But I admit I hoped I could test your strength. You, who is called one of the strongest Gijinka. I will discover if there is any truth to this.”

And once more battle began. The Lucario wasted no time in closing in on Heather, who seemed content waiting for him to advance. Once he got near, she suddenly thrust forward, her arm forming a massive green lance and striking the Lucario in the left shoulder.
It nearly pierced through him, and it was clear the attack had hurt. But he shrugged it off and raised his right hand to the appendage. With a flash of Aura, he blasted it to the side. Heather cried out in pain but, instead of balking, moved forward, delivering a headbutt to the Lucario’s skull. He stumbled back, before giving a wild grin and rushing forward again.
His blows came swift and strong, and Heather was beginning to visibly weaken. Heather managed to block each attack, keeping her defense up, despite the increasingly rapid rate they came at her. She attempted to use her Megahorn attack again, realizing she had to go to the offense before she was worn down entirely. The Lucario ducked to the side and let it soar past his ear. He reached forward and grasped Heather by the throat, gripping tightly and lifting her. He punched her once, twice, three times in the stomach before ending it with yet another Aura Sphere to the chest, directly over the heart, letting go just as it landed, which sent the woman flying through the air, and crashing to the ground.

Two powerful Gijinka lay on the ground around him, both beaten within an inch of their lives. And the Lucario simply looked bored. He raised his hand, and the energy for an Aura Sphere began to form.

Before it launched, however, a separate Aura Sphere slammed into the Lucario’s back, first. He turned to see the small Accelgor deputy, Kayla, standing next to the fallen Meloetta, her hands outstretched. She was panting, and covered in wounds, but glaring defiantly at the powerful Gijinka.

“No more interruptions.” The Lucario said.

Kayla didn’t respond, and swiped her arm across. A trio of watery shuriken shot out at the Lucario, who dodged them quickly. They both ran towards each other right after, however Kayla ducked underneath the larger Gijinka and rolled behind him. She hit him with a Signal Beam, before slamming her shoulder into the small of his back. The Lucario seemed barely fazed by this but Kayla didn’t let up.
As he turned to face her again she leapt up, hitting him with a pair of Water Shuriken and then sending a kick to the side of his head.

His head snapped to the side, and a small trickle of blood leaked from his mouth. He paused, wiping at it in surprise. Before he said or did anything more in response Kayla was once more on the attack. She knew she couldn’t afford to let up. The young deputy was on him in moments, striking him in the stomach, back of the knee, and shoulder, attempting to find a weak point.

As yet another kick was about to land, the Lucario moved with Extreme Speed and Kayla’s attack hit nothing but air. The suddenness of the movement gave the girl pause, which was all Lucario needed to slam his open palm into the girl’s back, and hit her with a concussive blast.

She tumbled head over heels across the ground for several feet, before stopping and getting shakily to her knees. She was spent, her breath was ragged, and the Lucario only seemed to have slight injuries for all her trouble.

“You put up a good fight, for one such as you. But I am unbeatable. Perhaps if you decided to join...me. Hmmm. Fascinating.”

Kayla hadn’t moved from her spot on one knee. However she had formed an unusual symbol with her hands. Her eyes had an angry glint, but also a composed determination.

“This aura, I recognize it. A dangerous power indeed. The Final Gambit technique. Would you truly give your life simply for a chance to stop me? Your friend is already dead, as is Meloetta. Their wounds cannot be healed, they will die soon enough. And yet...what a strange creature you are.” The Lucario shrugged. “I cannot risk being injured here. My job is done, and there’s more missions I must undertake. I will return to finish this fight another time, child.”

In a blink of the eye, the Lucario was leaving the city, rushing at such speed that Kayla couldn’t hope to catch up. As he left the city, each of the attackers would feel an intense pain in their chest moments before dying.

As for Kayla, she struggled not to fall unconcious. She had to hide Heather and Meloetta somewhere safe. If word got out that the sheriff was injured, who knows what could happen to the city.

As Kayla looked around, tears welled up in her eyes. Because, even without the knowledge of Heather’s defeat, it looked like the city was doomed already. Half of it was still on fire, and many were dead. Potentially one-fifth of the population had been killed in this single vicious attack. Why had this happened, would there be more to come? Kayla shook her head and wiped away her tears. She had a job to do.

[spoiler=TLDR and Info]
-God Slayer Lucario came to Juyu
-He and his minions attacked, devastating the city.
-Heather and Meloetta fought him, lost, in critical condition
-Kayla managed to just barely drive him off, but nearly gave her life, and only because he did not want to risk injury

So yes, on Day 8 this all occurs. The news isn't out yet, and it will take a bit of time to reach the different cities. I will inform you when this point is.
And as a fun fact, besides those Aura Spheres, Lucario was just using generic attacks.

Kazo groaned as he opened his eyes. Oh no... oh no.... he was back in that black void. No, no, no, no!! Last time he was here, he nearly died! No, he could haven't died fighting Regirock!!

"Sorry, buddy," That familiar voice called out. "But you are dead...,"

Welcome to Heaven.

Kazo gulped and turned around, before being completely baffled by the sight his eyes beheld. He saw his friend Sai again... this time in a hot tub with scantily clad women surrounding him. What... the... actual... hell? 

"Sai, what the hell... is... all this?" Kazo asked, his face turning a bright red.

"Kazo, mai boi, this is heaven," Sai explained. "Welcome to it!"

"H-how the hell is this heaven?!" Kazo retorted. "I-I mean---," Sai rolled his eyes. 

"Okay, to most guys, this is heaven," Sai corrected. "To you, this might be hell, you gynophobe," Kazo blinked and then shook his head.

"Is my delusion trying to scare me back to life?" He muttered. "Okay, no, I'm done," He sat on the floor, pouting. "Imma just gonna sit here until I wake up!!" The two males stared at each other for a good awkward minute.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH!!!" With a mighty battle cry, Sai took a leap out of the tub and punched Kazo across the jaw, causing him to black out.

With a startled cry, Kazo shot away, rubbing his cheek. What the hell was wrong with him...? Thankfully, they were back in Dorian's house, and a hot breakfast was waiting for them. As Kazo ate with gusto, he faintly registered Dorian telling them not to challenge Legends just yet. Well, he could have told them that.

Kazo looked at Ari. He had been so quiet. Had something happened? 

"Hey, Ari, you okay?" he asked. 

Denku was frustrated beyond all reason right now. He told them to get to safety, he told them he would hold them off, but noooooo. Instead, he got to hear the cry of, 

"DATTE-f***ing-BAIYO, YA SKITTY-ASS f***ers!!" As Bea suddenly charged at the beasts, firing needles. And then Fia went off and exploded... he would have to ask about that some other time... but at least she did want he said. He turned his head and raised his hand at the three that were coming at him, gathering dark energy into his hand. 

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! My pain, my rage, and ALL MY SORROW! ABYSSAL FINGER!" Denku chanted as he grabbed the face of a leopard and swung, slamming it into the leopard next to it. With a grin from under his mask, Denku released all the energy, it exploding into a Dark Pulse. 

"Butshejust...! Ididn't...! Idon'teven...!" Denku heard Bea call out. Oh yeah, she was surrounded. "Are you seeing this?! These cats are sexist!" Denku didn't respond, instead throwing a hand outwards. A pile of rocks formed above the leopards behind Bea, and promptly fell. That should get their attention.

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke finished off the last of her sushi with large bites that left the plate clean within a few moments. She had not been all that hungry after the encounter with the thugs from earlier, a feeling in the pit of her stomach telling her it wasn’t going to be the last she saw of them, but her life on the street had taught her never to let good food go to a waste bin if she could help it and old habits died hard. She listened to the Bisharp Gijinka courteously as he told the tale of how he had started his business, and assured him they had poke when he asked. Brooke was reaching to get the poke out of her purse when Sam asked where Dora had gone, and she froze, whipping her head around to stare at the now empty chair the little Wooper had occupied.

Brooke stood up, looking around and calling out, “Dora?” She tried several more times, her voice rising in volume a bit for each time she didn’t receive a response. She turned away from the table and headed for the door, hoping that Dora had managed to wander off into the street and couldn’t hear her, but she knew that wasn’t the case just by sniffing the air. Her scent was a few minutes old, but it was obvious she had been outside of the restaurant.

The Emboar Gijinka’s eyes fell upon the note.

She scooped it off the wall, glancing over it. Brooke struggled to control herself as she read the contents of the note and what had happened to Dora, the air around her growing palpably hotter with each passing second. “... I knew it was going to happen,” she growled to herself, balling both her hands into fists and crumpling up the paper, before it burned to ash in her grip and was blown away with the wind. Brooke was unfamiliar with the warmth that bloomed in her chest at the thought of Dora being held for ransom, a sense of anger, but also a desire to find and punish the people responsible for each hair that had been touched on the little girl’s head. It was different from the violent kind of anger that she was used to, almost… maternal.

She blushed at the thought, but she was already moving back into the sushi restaurant as she did. Brooke pulled an overly generous handful of poke out of her purse and slammed it on the table, completely ignoring Sam in favor of focusing intently on Fawkes. “Something happened that I need to take care of. You remember how to get to my house from here, right? Good. Go home, and wait for me. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” Brooke’s tone brooked little room for argument, and she turned on her heel and exited the restaurant quickly before anything else could be asked, the door swinging wildly behind her.

If one were to try and follow her path, it would not prove to be difficult in the slightest. Brooke stomped toward the Northern edge of the town with a fierce determination, leaving a trail of flaming footsteps and seared cobblestones wherever she dared to tread, too focused on the task at hand to control her own strength.

S.S. Showdown

11"When I get my claws on that..."

Taiga grinned back at Scarlet.  

"Yeah, we'll really let that ghost broad have it once we get our hands on her!"  Not one single bite was laid upon that Froslass that entire battle.  Although Taiga's blood lust had since settled since the fight with the Glalie, she still wanted to tear into that ghost...see if the dead ones have a flavor!  

Once the two reached the top deck, Taiga was surprised to see the ship being overtaken by more Ice types.  

"What in the icy hell is going on on this boat!"  Taiga stomped her foot on the stairs in frustration.  They'd never get to their destination if the crew was knocked unconscious...or dead for that matter.  With their sheer numbers, Taiga hated to admit that the two wouldn't prove to be much help.  They had barely survived their ordeal just a few moments ago...taking on a whole glacier worth of Ice Types was not going to be an easy..or pretty much doable task.  "Hm...welp...guess we'll have to light the ship on fire!  That'll deter these dumb-sicles!"  Now...how would she go about setting this whole ship ablaze.

The only thing that came remotely close to suggesting it would do such a thing was....

"Oh yeaaaaa!....Fufufufufu..."  Taiga dashed back down the stairs and towards their cabin.  As she ran back, she noticed Cabrakan was still on the floor, comforting the rotom girl.  "Hey, get a hold of yourself fool and snap out of it!"  

As she opened the door to their cabin, which had slight traces of ice layered over it, she noticed the dangling ropes that had been shown to them when they arrived.  Taiga darted over to the red one...the one that she had been intrigued with from the beginning.

She placed her hands around it...gently...giggling with delight.

She tugged ever so gently...she didn't want it to be over too quick.  

"Fufufu..."

Then suddenly, with all her might, she pulled on the sucker as hard as she could.   

Fianna

Team UST, Road to Pride Rock

“You have strange powers. Our king would want to meet you, come with us.”

"Okay."

“They may accompany...if they make it here alive. That is our way, we shall not get involved. But if they prove their worth, we will not keep them out.”

"I'll wait for them. They're my children after all. I can't be a good mother if I leave my children to die."

Answering the guardians' statements, Fia turned around to see the leopards were still continuing to attack Denku and Bea. It seemed that her fire was not controlled well enough to burn all of them to cinder. Was it just because she had rarely used it? Or was her conviction- No, that's nonsense. Doubting her own conviction is stupid. It meant that her conviction had wavered. Of course it hadn't - she'd be burned to ash already otherwise. Either way, she couldn't use Flame Wheel or Will'o Wisp anymore for the rest of the day due to that attack. But...well, something else could still work.

Fia walked forward with her staff on the ready. With the leopards attacking her two beloved children, she then shot a barrage of sticky strings towards the remaining leopards. It wouldn't do much to damage them, but with the continuous stream of sticky strings, perhaps she could trap them in place? If she could do that, then she should try skinning them. Even without Albrecht, their food supply's getting short, and not to mention leopard pelt would sell for quite the nice amount.

"You two, would you like to eat leopard soup for tonight's dinner?"

Altera the Good Civilization

Team Karaoke, Voile

“We don’t know exactly how we’d find them but if we can get into the slums somehow, that’s a good start. But, enough of that, are you okay? Did anything happen, besides...you know.”

"Well, I almost killed Fiona, but she's fine with it so it's not a big problem, and there's this Honch pimp with his entourage of hitmen offering me a job at dancing and not killing people. He sounds pretty fishy and someone screamed like they're getting murdered when he's around, but the job sounded pretty promising. He'd probably chase us down this afternoon or so. Might need to prepare for that.

Other than that, Fiona had seen heaven with my assistance. And that's pretty much it.

So, anyway. We'll need to go to the slums, huh? Apparently it's also the base for this Honch dude, so we might run into him faster than necessary. But it sounds pretty nice.

Let's prepare to go there, then."

Was her words sensible? Alleria was not really paying that much attention when she answered Fiona's questions, so whatever the answer was, she was not in the position to care much about it. She was still confused by the Xatu's answer. Was she lying? The words were words of teasing, but her tone made it impossible for Alleria to know whether she's lying or not. Perhaps she should really try asking her once more before they leave.

FxSKOUs.png

“Something happened that I need to take care of. You remember how to get to my house from here, right? Good. Go home, and wait for me. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

"B, But..." There was no point in arguing. She was still young, but Fawkes knew how things worked here in Deku; she at least had a general idea as to what was going on. And if she knew anything about what was going on, Dora was in trouble. From how little she knew Brooke, she could already tell the Emboar wouldn't want one child to put herself in danger to save another child from some big troublemaker types. Even if she was confident in Brooke's strength, somebody like Fawkes couldn't help but worry. What if Brooke got in over her head? What if the kidnappers were smarter than she gave credit for? What if she couldn't handle it by herself, wound up kidnapped as well, and everything fell on Fawkes to save them both? That was too much pressure to be just thrown onto her small shoulders.

Fawkes reached into the bag at her side and pulled forth a bottle of Moo Moo Milk. In Deku, one line used to advertise this stuff was "Approved by the White Fury", to appeal to the children of the city. Of course, most kids never learned that the White Fury was actually a real person. If it was good enough for her, it was definitely good enough for Fawkes, she figured, and maybe drinking it could make her more like her idol. Swallowing down her fear of the situation at hand first, Fawkes pulled hte cork off the bottle, set it to her mouth, and started chugging. Physically, the milk wasn't helping her feel any different. In her head though, the idea of being like the White Fury made her braver and more willing to set out to help, despite what Brooke had told her to do.

She couldn't well do it as-is though; Brooke would spot her and then she'd be in trouble. This was where Fawkes shined, however. A disguise, a disguise...an idea hatched. Turning her attention to the Bisharp in charge of the place, Fawkes asked "People work for you here, right sir? What do they look like?"

ITEM LOST: Moo Moo Milk x1

d2akEes.png

Her disguise was foolproof. She took whatever she could learn about Pawniards plus some traits she thought of herself, and was now taking to the streets with a new face. All that was left was finding Brooke...which wasn't that hard. There was a path of searing footsteps, no doubt left by the Emboar herself. Fawkes swiftly followed them, catching up to where she could see Brooke in very little time. This was the part that would make or break her disguise. Fawkes took a deep breath, and made her way over to Brooke before unleashing a tiny speech she'd worked on while putting together her disguise.

"Hello hello, boss saw you look very angry, very angry. He worries about your little friend and sends me to help, help you find her. If lowlives who don't have money for food steal children, we don't like that, no no. So I help you!"

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, unequipped)

"Why do we live isolated away in Skuldafn like this, father?"

"Hmm..." The towering dragon of a man standing beside a small Kah, looking at the towering spires of Skuldafn, seemed to think about that question for a fair bit before answering. His was a deep and powerful voice; not the kind one would go about forgetting easily. "I suppose...because we must."

"I don't get it."

"Listen carefully, my daughter. We, as dragons, have great power. But we also have responsibility; we are the ones who find the people of other types who abuse their power, and put them to justice. However...we've grown arrogant. Many dragons don't want to even the playing field for other types anymore, and want to skew it in their own favor instead."

"But we deserve to! We're the master race! Other types belong under our feet, don't they!?" Kah didn't seem to take what she was being told very well. This was the first time somebody had told her the exact opposite of what she'd beleived her entire life, and it simply wasn't registering properly.

"That is precisely the attitude I was speaking of. We are no masters, my child; we are the servants of a fair world, and must acknowledge our position as such. You are a powerful young Deino, and someday you will grow to become a Hydreigon of immense power. However, until you learn that this power cannot be used for yourself alone, you will never harness it to its fullest extent."

"That's not right! We're..."

d2akEes.png

Kah's eyes opened to find this wasn't the cave where she'd fought Regirock. It wasn't her hometown where she'd discussed the position of dragon-types with her father when she was still a whelp herself. This was a house she only came to know yesterday. The home of that happy family; the Snorlax father and his Lopunny wife. They had a kid too, right? Did they come into the cave and get everyone out? There were bandages on many places of her body. Her leg still hurt like a jabroni where it had been impaled, but she could at least walk on it. She had quite a limp going, but she was standing. Once she was able to walk, Kah left the room she was in. Perhaps because she was too busy trying to walk on her bad leg, she didn't notice the chest padding sitting beside where she woke up, or the lack thereof on her person.

What kind of a stupid dream was that anyway? Of course we're the master race...I can't do anything about that old lizard being so stupid.

She was met with a hot breakfast and a warm greeting. Excellent; her stomach felt like a roaring abyss at the time, and she sat down and consumed her share of food. Dorian had made them promise not to reveal the location of Regirock. That was fine by Kah; if somebody beat her to the punch of downing the mighty legend - the first worthy opponent she could not defeat - she would never forgive them.

"Now, remember this fight, alright? Legends are serious business, and many of them would have killed you. Please...don't throw your lives away. I've grown a bit fond of you knuckleheads, so don't go dying on me, a'ight?"

And then Lola asked what they planned to do next. Mac had no idea what to do. Ari wanted to travel east, but was being unusually quiet. Kazo...seemed to ignore the question completely. As for Kah...

"I can't have a bunch of runts spreading rumors about how I lost a fight. I'll go wherever the rest of you go."

S.S. Showdown Team Showdown

"Yeah, we'll really let that ghost broad have it once we get our hands on her!" Taiga was also anxious to teach that Froslass a lesson. Scarlet nodded, grinning alongside her shark friend. However, that grin faded as soon as they headed towards the deck. It was a battlefield. "Damn, this doesn't look good..." she muttered under her breath at the sight. She look around. It was going to be a hard task to save the ship - in fact, it looked nigh impossible. That wasn't going to stop Scarlet from trying, however. As Scarlet was pondering on what the two could do, Taiga spoke. "Hm...welp...guess we'll have to light the ship on fire!  That'll deter these dumb-sicles!" 
"What? No! That's a terrible-" before Scarlet could stop her, however, Taiga was gone. Scarlet let out an audible curse, before focusing on the subject at hand. She saw in the distance Clyde being in a 2v1 against two Beartic. Wasting no time, she rushed into battle, aiming a Bullet Punch right into the side of a Beartic's head.

Voile Library Team Karaoke

"Hey!" Lok turned to the familiar voice of Alleria. He waved at her. "Where's Wally? Oh, and...man, I can't wait to tell you what we both did on our date last night, but first, can you fill up what did I miss here?" 

"D-Date?" He blurted out. Lok started to blush a little, and then blushed even more when Gwen said “...oh right, Lok, Lok is too young for that kind of talk, so maybe...not?”  

"H-H-Hey! I'm n-not that young!" he pulled down on his hood a little, clearly flustered about the whole situation. 

. . . 

"So, anyway. We'll need to go to the slums, huh? Apparently it's also the base for this Honch dude, so we might run into him faster than necessary. But it sounds pretty nice. Let's prepare to go there, then." Lok stood up, stretching his limbs. He was determined to capture the thief and return the book. And, while he wasn't much of a fighter, he couldn't help but feel excited to try out his new move. "Yeah!" He shouted, pumping his fist.

Team Sexual Tension, the Bridge to Pride Rock

The Leopards intended to wait for Bea to attack first, but it was clear she wasn’t going to rush in like previously. Five of them leapt at her from different sides, three near the front, two near the back. The other two had been pummeled with rocks and couldn’t move just then.
However the leopards hadn’t expected the String Shot, and two of them aiming for Bea’s front were dragged down entirely by the weight of the string.

Those near Denku, however, weren’t as affected. But they WERE affected by his sudden and violent counter attack. The first leopard, the one that took the brunt of the Dark Pulse, ended up with their skull crushed, while the other let out a yelp as their leg broke from the impact.

The Gijinka hadn’t done anything to the other leopard, and they bit down hard on the Pupitar’s leg, managing to bite into even the Rock type’s skin, drawing blood and trying to tear into his flesh.

Near Fia, the Pyroar had begun speaking again. Mostly they talked in that strange language from before, but enough of it was in the common-speak. If Fia payed attention she would notice they were talking about her companions. Mostly how they are lucky it’s only leopards, and joking about how badly they had planned their defense. It was clear the arrogance of these warriors was great.

The Beartic hadn’t expected the sudden attack from Scarlet, and his Ice Punch was thusly interrupted. Clyde let out a shout as he noticed the Scisor helping. “Thanks lady, this is a wild one, ain’t it?” He rushed the injured Beartic, using Take Down, and bringing the Gijinka to the ground, where he then finished off with a simple punch to the face.
Before the other Beartic could retaliate, the boat suddenly lurched...Clyde laughed. ”Finally pulled it, hold on lady, this is gonna be rough.”

The boat rumbled, and a klaxon sounded, as deep inside mechanisms, relics of a time long gone, started to move. Openings appeared on the sides of the ship, and out of them, strange wing-like protrusions came out and locked into place. The arena lowered itself into the ship, and in its place was a bulky, rectangular metal box. A loud noise sounded, as something inside the box whirled to life...And the ship was surrounded by a green aura, and began to rise. Higher and higher it went, taking to the sky suddenly and swiftly. Many of the attackers near the ends of the ship simply fell off the side, though some managed to hang on as the ship leveled itself off, several dozen feet above the water level.

Theme

And finally, a different sail unraveled to take the place of the white one. A black sail with an emblem across it of a skull with two saber-like feathers crossing it. Captain and his crew let out cheers, as the Captain himself swooped back onto the deck. He grinned and flipped his hair back, then sent an Air Slash at a foolish Staryu that tried to ambush him. ”Welcome aboard the REAL S.S. Showdown, how you like our new look?"

As he said this, the ship let out a loud groan of protest, and from the bow of the ship came a massive and ice-covered Gijinka. Something that somewhat resembled an Avalugg, though one much more savage, monstrous looking, and large than one you’d commonly see in any civilized area. ”Hey, one of you managed to hang on, impressive. Sorry though, can’t let you harm my ship. Crew, deal with the small fries, I’ve got the big one." He took the the sky, and launched another Air Slash at the Gijinka, who took the hit with a grunt, before unleashing an attack of his own. An Avalanche of ice fell from above Captain, who just barely managed to spiral out of the way. He was laughing wildly, but it was clear he was worn out.
“He’s gonna hate I asked ya, but could you help the Captain out?” Clyde asked Scarlet, before turning his attention back to the Beartic who was getting back to his feet.

Team Neo Not Dark

Sam had pointed the young Zorua towards his only employee, who was a strangely silent young Pawniard that was literally just standing in the corner watching, wearing an apron. Sam waved the youngster off as she left, wishing her “Much luck, good things, come again!”

The two Gijinka Toxicroak and Carnivine Were waiting in the shadows of a half-crumbled building near the end of town. A pair of curious Hoothoot had wandered too close and gotten knocked out, and were now laying against the wall next to the net-covered Dora. The girl had started singing so she had been gagged and was now rocking back and forth and trying to hum through the gag.
“You sure this is a good idea?” The Carnivine asked. “That girl looked kinda strong.”
“What? This was your idea, idiot!” The Toxicroak replied.
“No, it was yours. Don’t call me an idiot, idiot!”
Dora, by now, had worked the gag off. She saw the two were about to fight, but then noticed Brooke approaching. “Oh hello! I think I’ve been kidnapped, isn’t that exciting!?”

The two other Gijinka took notice, and scrambled to position themselves, Carnivine near Dora, Toxicroak off to the side. “Hey, you got the Poke? We’ll let the girl go if ya hand it over now!”

The Carnivine called out in response. “What? I thought we were gonna take the money and the girl and run! Weren’t that the plan, we were gonna milk more Poke, what are you doing, idiot!?”

“Of course that’s the plan, idiot, but don’t tell HER that! Arceus...” The Toxicroak gave Brooke the meanest look he could muster, and said. “Anyway, you gonna give the Poke now...or you gonna try and fight?!”
Battle? Theme
The Toxicroak got into what evidently was supposed to be a battle pose, but looked like a ridiculous ballet pose instead. Clearly he thought it was intimidating, for his next line was. “I’m an expert battler, I’ll have you know!”
He began to chuckle under his breath, glancing down at the Toxic Spikes he had laid out in front of them. Usually his kind wouldn’t be able to use them, but he had managed to create a substitute. The spikes were actually just kitchen utensils coated in his saliva, which was mildly poisonous.

Gwen took a deep breath. Alleria’s explanation was quite...unusual. “Well I’m sure it was, um, an adventure? But anyway, yes, we should head to the slums. Though, I’m told it’s kept blocked off from people entering. I asked the librarian but they just...shrugged, and smiled, and said they had no clue....” Gwen waited around for the others to gather what they needed, then set out for the slums.

Luckily the slums were not very far from the library, so they were able to reach it about noon-time. Unfortunately, when they arrived, they saw why people said it was blocked off. A huge metal wall, about ten feet high, stretched all the way across the area designated as slums. And a multitude of soldiers patrolled the area. When they caught sight of the group, several of them approached and warned them off. When Gwen tried to politely explain what they were doing, one of them backhanded her, and warmed them away again. Their tone, and eyes, showed savage seriousness, so Gwen decided to not speak up.
After the others reacted, Gwen silently spoke. “I don’t want any trouble...let’s just go, we’ll figure something out...” When they were a safe distance away, the others would notice a tear falling from her face. She wiped at it and spoke up louder. “Well, that was r-rude. I forgot...how some people could be around here. We really do need to find a way inside, though." She looked incredibly uncomfortable and awkward, and didn’t seem to know how to continue.

However, she didn’t have to, as at that moment an unknown Gijinka strode towards them.
BGM
He stepped with a swagger in his step, and supreme confidence on his face. “Well well well, isn’t this just perfect. I was looking for you.” He was staring at Aleria as he approached. “I heard from some...associates. That a young lady looking just like you was talking to my...business rival. Now, usually I don’t get involved in his personal affairs. If he wants to pick up some pretty bird, fine. But problem being, see, he’s been making some...moves I don’t like. So I thought, I’d come down here and see if I could get to you first. You know, piss him off, make him do something stupid. And now I find you and your little friends are in need of some assistance. I can certainly help with that, if you are willing to do me a small favor first. Oh, and you can call me Al.”

Archived