Pokemon Gen 1

Flame Dragon

100 damage isn't the best though. It will take about 4 hits to knock out most pokemon since even base 60 HP can get over 300. Its good on some pokemon, but a lot of the time just using a basic attack like Body Slam will get you more damage.

I'm under the impression every Pokemon you can encounter in this game, even ones used by Gyms/E4/etc, won't have HP that hits 200. I mean, it honestly seems like it is.

But nice to know, regardless.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm under the impression every Pokemon you can encounter in this game, even ones used by Gyms/E4/etc, won't have HP that hits 200. I mean, it honestly seems like it is.

But nice to know, regardless.

Your only dealing 100 if your at level 100 and at that point I don't think you'll have any problems beating the trainers in game.

Your only dealing 100 if your at level 100 and at that point I don't think you'll have any problems beating the trainers in game.

I don't know. I'm clearly over-thinking it. I guess I just like the animation to that move.

Is the Missingno Glitch going to funk up my game or my DS? I've always wanted to try it, and I mean why not?

MissingNo doesn't do anything to your game. Hell, you can catch the funker and everything. M-Block is the only one that fucks up your E4 records.

Aside from that, no, those 2 Glitchmon are harmless.

Thats fair. I know my friend LOVES the animation for Rock Slide.

Rock Slide looks so derpy in this game.

Well....Answer me these two things. Can I do it more than once, and which slot does it have to be in?

You can find other Pokemon through this glitch, you know. They depend on the player name.

And it's the 6th slot in your backpack that gets duplicated, like, 256 times.

And yes, you can duplicate things like your Bicycle.

Makes the game stupid-easy, though, if you duplicate things like Rare Candy/Carbos/etc. I mean, R/B/Y are easy as funk to begin with, but still.

At Sylph Co. Team is

Barbie/Nidoqueen LV 38

Torch/Charizard LV 39

Wingdings/Blastoise LV 37

Pikachu LV 36

Hash Brown/Snorlax LV 34

Earth/Venusaur LV 34

So.....Who should get Earthquake?

Clearly you need to give it to Earth.

And to the above. Green isn't an option. Personally I say Yellow due to the all around superior version, but if you want more nostalgia, the others are the way to go.

So I'm now going through Silph Co.

Team:

Illuminati the Dodrio@33

Vortex the Raichu@40

Dai Gurren the Nidoking@40

Twi the Rapidash@41

Juggernaut the Rhydon@42

Kamina the Blastoise@41

:^)

Pretty sure if you duplicated your Bicycle, you'd be killed by the weight of the additional bikes. :Kappa:

It's also Prof Oak's nightmare

Ask to use Bike; Actually asking to use a Bike 256 times at once :Kappa:

Nah, son, they patched it out of Yellow. It can only be done in Red/Blue

I think you can still abuse Cinnabar, though.

Like, if you go into the Safari Zone and instantly leave, then fly to Cinnabar and surf along the right side of it, you should still be able to find all the Safari Pokemon that way.

Unless they fixed that, as well.

If I end up getting one of these...

Green, Red, us, or Yellow?

In order, Yellow, Blue, Red. Red has much worse Pokemon than Blue and Yellow fixes some issues the first two had.

So I'm now going through Silph Co.

I think you can still abuse Cinnabar, though.

Like, if you go into the Safari Zone and instantly leave, then fly to Cinnabar and surf along the right side of it, you should still be able to find all the Safari Pokemon that way.

Unless they fixed that, as well.

I had almost forgotten this was a thing. I need to not forget this is a thing.

In order, Yellow, Blue, Red. Red has much worse Pokemon than Blue and Yellow fixes some issues the first two had.

Red has Growlithe/Arcanine, who is always a really fuckin' cool Pokemon.

Until you realize it has no good Fire moves in This game.

Red has Growlithe/Arcanine, who is always a really fuckin' cool Pokemon.

Until you realize it has no good Fire moves in This game.

IMO its about as good as Ninetales. It learns Flamethrower WAY later and Ninetales has better Special and Speed, but having a good attack stat make a ton more moves viable on it.

Fire has no good moves other than the obvious. Its

Ember

Fire Punch

Flamethorwer

Fire Blast

which are all basically the same thing with various power. That just leaves Fire Spin which is poor acc and slow.

So I'm about 7 hrs into my downloaded Yellow.  Did the Mew Glitch for the first time ever so got that.  Just beat Misty.  Team is roughly level 20-23.

Yellow fixes some issues the first two had.

Like Charizard not able to learn Fly in Red/Blue.  That has always bugged me.  At least in Yellow I don't have to use Pidgeot/Fearow.

IMO its about as good as Ninetales. It learns Flamethrower WAY later and Ninetales has better Special and Speed, but having a good attack stat make a ton more moves viable on it.

Fire has no good moves other than the obvious. Its

Ember

Fire Punch

Flamethorwer

Fire Blast

which are all basically the same thing with various power. That just leaves Fire Spin which is poor acc and slow.

Thing is, if you have a Level 50 Growlithe, by that time you've pretty much beaten the game. So you get to enjoy it for all of 5 minutes. Vuplix learning it at 35 at least gives you, like, half of the game to use it with. Oh, you know what I mean.

Also moves like Fire Spin/Wrap/etc having the ability to trap Pokemon is cute, especially if you use it with Toxic; Toxic just eats away at them while they can't attack. Rapidash's high speed can let you set that sheet up fairly easily because it learns both Fire Spin and can be taught Toxic. I mean, it's not really gamebreaking, but it's an amusing combo that Rapidash can do in this game.

Like Charizard not able to learn Fly in Red/Blue.  That has always bugged me.  At least in Yellow I don't have to use Pidgeot/Fearow.

You also have the Nido family getting double kick at like 13 and Mankey catchable before Brock. He is VERY annoying if you start with Charmander in Red or Blue. 

Also moves like Fire Spin/Wrap/etc having the ability to trap Pokemon is cute, especially if you use it with Toxic; Toxic just eats away at them while they can't attack. Rapidash's high speed can let you set that sheet up fairly easily because it learns both Fire Spin and can be taught Toxic. I mean, it's not really gamebreaking, but it's an amusing combo that Rapidash can do in this game.

You know, I never though to use it with Toxic. Thats evil. Though they can just switch out.

I forgot to keep anything to get Mew...

Well I can't complete the whole dex in one go like I was stupid and intended to, anyway... so have a funny screw up:

w06yVZ0.png

Now watch, we get a Red/Blue remake later on and it contains Mega Raichu; And that guy gives you the leftover Raichuite :^)

That would be amazing.

Also just left Mt. Moon, where two-thirds of my underleveled team died via level 16 Raticate with Hyper Fang. Rip Zanda the Rattata, Spinda the Nidoran male, Mr. Spaz the Beedrill, and Sakura the Spearow. Thought for sure it'd be a whole team wipe which would suck, but Garland's Bite saved the day. I had leveled him to 15 by battling trainers and was going to do that with the rest of my Pokemon but you can see how well that turned out.

Also Nyx the Charmander is still alive because I saved him for last and he's now a Charmeleon. And I caught another Spearow (decided I'd use dupe clause when I have a living duplicate, but not if they're dead) which I named Ego (short for egotisticalghost). He's not a crit every other attack fiend like Sakura was, but he's pretty hardy, so I have hopes for him.

Archived