Pokemon Gen 1

Flame Dragon

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just curious on how they translate gen 1's "Stat Experience" into "EVs".  It would be amazing if it was a direct translation and you could max out the EVs of the pokemon (252 in all stats).  It would give Gen 1 'mon a unique power advantage at the cost of losing out on some later gen moves.

I think, for a team, Ima be super casual-

So...

Blastoise

Raichu

Arcanine

Rhydon

Nidoking

Pidgeot

:^)

Thats a totally respectable team.

Anyway, took me two tries, but I beat Brock with just Charmander. Real fun us going to be the next two trainers though.

Gary was shockingly easy. Geodude rolled over most his team and I punched his starter to death. Mega Punch was SUPER helpful. As was his starter not having evolved. Calling it there for now. Two hours in thanks to all the battling in Mt. Moon. In the mean time, got any cool names for Golem?

This is probably a stupid question, but I just want to make sure: R/B/Y is permanently available on the eShop and just not for the day, correct?

I'm almost certain I'll get Yellow when I can since I had the game when I was a kid (I still have the cartridge) and I may also pick up Red one day if I have some money to spare.

Not sure on teams though, haven't really thought about it. Maybe I'll play through Yellow without using any of the original starters that are given to you, or possibly only limiting myself to using one and not all three of them. I also don't know anyone that I could trade with, so pokemon like Alakazam and Gengar are probably out as well. Other than that, I have no idea.

This is probably a stupid question, but I just want to make sure: R/B/Y is permanently available on the eShop and just not for the day, correct?

I'm almost certain I'll get Yellow when I can since I had the game when I was a kid (I still have the cartridge) and I may also pick up Red one day if I have some money to spare.

Not sure on teams though, haven't really thought about it. Maybe I'll play through Yellow without using any of the original starters that are given to you, or possibly only limiting myself to using one and not all three of them. I also don't know anyone that I could trade with, so pokemon like Alakazam and Gengar are probably out as well. Other than that, I have no idea.

Yep. Party like its 96'/98' forever.

Fair, I'm only using Dugtrio for the nostalgia factor, even though its base HP is sheet.

Trio is actually a solid pokemon because of his insane speed. 100% Crit on Slash is pretty nice.

On that note, all the high Crit moves are VERY good since all you need is a base speed of 64 to have a 100% Crit rate.

I'm just curious on how they translate gen 1's "Stat Experience" into "EVs". It would be amazing if it was a direct translation and you could max out the EVs of the pokemon (252 in all stats). It would give Gen 1 'mon a unique power advantage at the cost of losing out on some later gen moves.

I don't think Sun & Moon won't have move tutors and the relearner? Unless I'm just being stupid, I don't think anything they can learn in those games would be off the table once you transfer.

I don't think Sun & Moon won't have move tutors and the relearner? Unless I'm just being stupid, I don't think anything they can learn in those games would be off the table once you transfer.

True. I guess bred moves would be the main thing (I kinda realized that after I said it, but was too lazy to change it).

True. I guess bred moves would be the main thing (I kinda realized that after I said it, but was too lazy to change it).

You also lose out on the hidden ability.

To be fair, when I played it back in the day, I was unaware of base stats 'n junk

I feel like most of us were. Hell, I never beat Red on my own as a kid. I needed a friend to give me his level 100 Hitmonchan. Thats part of the excitement for me, I'll get to be the game on my terms now.

I remember watching a friend of mine beating the E4 with a Level 100 Mewtwo, and asking how it was 100- he informed me of the MissingNo trick, and I was never the same again.

Basically before I went up against the E4, my whole team was 100.

Anyway....

I'm at the entrance of Mt.Moon/playing Farming Simulator '98(w/e)

Team:

Dai Gurren/NidoranM/Lv15

Kamina/Wartortle/Lv16

Monsoon/Spearow/Lv10

Vortex/Pikachu/Lv12

About to get my 3rd badge. 3rd rival fight was actually super easy. Being many levels higher then him certainly helped.

I do have a funny story though. I was going coming back after getting Flash (I luckily remembered I needed 10 Pokemon for it) and with a repel up got attacked by a Dugtrio. I decide to increase my defense with Graveler since I didn't want to risk getting hit by Dig without a little increase. Naturally it gets a crit and I'm terrified since if Charmeleon goes down all I have are two HM slaves (one for Cut and one for Flash). Luckily 2 Mega Punches were enough to take it out and it was high enough level that I was able to get out of the cave and heal up. So yea, if you want a Dugtrio, use Repel with a level 26 odd Pokemon. Only thing you'll find then will be that.

That aside, going to try and save trainers going forward this way my Jolteon will have some fodder to grind against.

Archived