Pokemon Gen 1

Flame Dragon

I recently found out there was a second way to do the Mew glitch before getting to Route 8/getting Fly. It requires getting an Abra and using the guy in Cerulean's Gym that has a Shellder and it sounds like that's the way BS did it, if he only just got to Vermillion. So I was just wondering, does anyone happen to know if you can do it both ways (Slowpoke & Shellder) in the same run? Not that there's any reason to, but it would be interesting to know.

Funny you mentioned that, because I actually did it both ways just today (before beating Misty, too), and both ways do yield a Mew. (also caught a Nidoqueen and a Cubone using the Mew Glitch, which should be helpful for the fight against Lt. Surge's Gym)

Also, my current Team, for those curious:

Basil the Bulbasaur, Lv 20

Denzil the Nidorino, Lv 16

Akira the Pikachu, Lv 17

Courtney the Butterfree, Lv 18

Javelin the Spearow, Lv 16

Alba the Kadabra, Lv 16

On another note, I'm kinda hoping that Nintendo would release Pokemon Stadium for the Virtual Console, preferably on the 3DS.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else find it silly how you can duplicate the Coin Case, but any coins in it don't get duplicated?

Regardless-

Part of me wants to be weird and add Articuno to my team. Mostly because I'm lazy to level up my Fearow/thinking about swapping it for another Flying-Type that can actually learn Fly. Pidgeot is another choice, but it's moveset is rather sub-par. At least Articuno learns some decent moves.

I recently found out there was a second way to do the Mew glitch before getting to Route 8/getting Fly. It requires getting an Abra and using the guy in Cerulean's Gym that has a Shellder and it sounds like that's the way BS did it, if he only just got to Vermillion.

That is correct, except I used the trainer on Route 25 because that works as well.

Part of me wants to be weird and add Articuno to my team. Mostly because I'm lazy to level up my Fearow/thinking about swapping it for another Flying-Type that can actually learn Fly. Pidgeot is another choice, but it's moveset is rather sub-par. At least Articuno learns some decent moves.

Fear should get fly.....Hell, Dodrio gets fly. Speaking of, Dodrio is likely the best non-legendary flying type in the game. If you want to use a legendary use Zapdos because that can make use of its flying type thanks to drill peck.

Fear should get fly.....Hell, Dodrio gets fly. Speaking of, Dodrio is likely the best non-legendary flying type in the game. If you want to use a legendary use Zapdos because that can make use of its flying type thanks to drill peck.

I went and looked up Doddio's moveset-

Has cooler stuff going for it. Dunno' why Doduo/Dodrio slipped my mind.

I went and looked up Doddio's moveset-

Has cooler stuff going for it. Dunno' why Doduo/Dodrio slipped my mind.

They are pretty forgettable imo. However in Gen 1 they are solid Pokemon. IMO best flying type that isn't legendary. Even in Gen 6 they are one of only small handful that gets Drill Peck.

Not gonna lie, I never would've considered Dodrio looking at its stats nowadays, but looking at its Gen 1 moveset, I can see why it would've been solid.

Just having a good Flying attack is huge. Wing Attack in Gen 1 was only 35 power for some ungodly reason so you either use Fly or have NO flying move unless your Dodrio or Fearow (or Zapdos).

The funny thing is though, since Gen 1 only 1 Pokemon has gotten Drill Peck via level up, Empoleon. The other 3 get it via breeding, so in game its Brace Bird or bust for physical attackers. Honestly, Flying is the most in need of generic good attacks (like Dragon Claw/Pulse). Drill Peck is good, but its SUPER uncommon and the best special move for Flying is either Air Slash or Hurricane neither of which you REALLY want. You do at least get Brave Bird, but when your forced into a recoil move as your only real option I think you need a little help.

At least Bite not being Dark makes sense. Sand Attack being a status move makes it less important imo. It's the stock flying move not even being flying that's super weird.

Yeah, Gust not being a flying move is a bit silly. Fun fact about Bite though, it's the only move to be both Physical and Special before the split is implemented in Gen 4.

They are pretty forgettable imo. However in Gen 1 they are solid Pokemon. IMO best flying type that isn't legendary. Even in Gen 6 they are one of only small handful that gets Drill Peck.

Well, Fearow also gets Drill Peck, but I like how Dodrio gets moves like Tri-Attack; Seems fun, cuz' it hits pretty hard. I mean, it's not Hyper Beam, but still.

You regret not duplicating the TM for Seismic Toss?

Aside from Earthquake, Seismic Toss is like the best move in the game- IGNORING HYPER BEAM, SINCE THAT MOVE IS ONLY A FINISHER

While both can do 100 damage(Assuming Toss is used by a Level 100 Pokemon), Toss' only real advantage is that it can hit Flying Types. Quake has everything else going for it, since every Pokemon is either half Poison or is weak to Ground in some way.

Aside from Earthquake, Seismic Toss is like the best move in the game- IGNORING HYPER BEAM, SINCE THAT MOVE IS ONLY A FINISHER

While both can do 100 damage(Assuming Toss is used by a Level 100 Pokemon), Toss' only real advantage is that it can hit Flying Types. Quake has everything else going for it, since every Pokemon is either half Poison or is weak to Ground in some way.

100 damage isn't the best though. It will take about 4 hits to knock out most pokemon since even base 60 HP can get over 300. Its good on some pokemon, but a lot of the time just using a basic attack like Body Slam will get you more damage.

Aside from Earthquake, Seismic Toss is like the best move in the game- IGNORING HYPER BEAM, SINCE THAT MOVE IS A FINISHER While both can do 100 damage(assuming this is used on a level 100 Pokémon), Toss' real advantage is that it can hit Flying Types. Quake has everything else going for it, since every Pokmemon is like half Poison or weak to ground in some way.

To be fair, the only time I used Seismic Toss in Gen 1 was in Stadium when I fought Mewtwo.

Archived