Pokemon Gen 1

Flame Dragon

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhh that's a bit unfair to say, considering I didn't want anybody to die. I have my battle style on Set, and I have a three-item limit so when I ran out of items, I just ended up having to throw Pokemon at it and hope they could take it out without getting Fanged. Suffice to say, it Fanged multiple times in a row, and all but one (Garland, who I was training at the time) were level 12-13.

One thing I liked about the trainers on Route 11 is... no not the Gamblers, it's the fact that there's an Engineer with a level 18 Magneton.

Gotta love illegally obtained trainer 'mons.

THAT explains it...

Trainers must've released these "illegally obtained trainer 'mons" to the wild which is why you can find level 6 Ratticates and level 10 Dragonaires in the wild in GSC!

THAT explains it...

Trainer's must've released these "illegally obtained trainer 'mons" to the wild which is why you can find level 6 Raticates and level 10 Dragonairs in the wild in GSC

Then there's the In-game trades like the one in RB who wants Raichu for Electrode, meaning you can get a level 3 Electrode.

... I just realized that Gen I might've introduced a new region by name. A Scientist (I believe in the Silph Co. building) mentions that he's being transferred to the "Tiski Branch", which is "in Russian no-man's land". What if, in a later game, the Pokemon World's equivalent of Russia is called the Tiski region?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get yellow and no I mean name my characters as such: Red in Red and Ash in Blue. But Ash in Yellow works as well. Besides, I got my battle teams all figured out: As in my games of old, I will teach...

hmm... each game is 84 blocks so...

When I get the cash I'll download all three games in my older 3ds, so I can trade with myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm incredibly funking lazy-

Finally got around to beating my Rival in Red.

Vortex(Raichu) and Juggernaut(Rhydon) did like all the work.

Illuminati(Dodrio) beat his Alakazam, after the later beat Vortex.

Twi(Rapidash) proceeds to Fire Spin + Fire Blast his Venusaur after it did charged SolarBeam; It went down without Twi taking any damage- he used a Full Restore on his Venusaur, and I proceed to get s Crit-Fire Blast, but whatever.

Kamina(Blastoise) and Dai Gurren(Nidoking) just stand on the sidelines cheering everyone on.

My whole team is like 50 and 51; I forgot they give the player's team priority all the way to the end.

So the question now is....

Play through Blue and end up with a 6x Mewtwo team, OR play through Yellow?

So the question now is....

Play through Blue and end up with a 6x Mewtwo team, OR play through Yellow?

Yellow seems like the best version of Gen 1.

Anyway, I haven't made any progress. I wanted to have Golem before I went for my 7th badge, but haven't met my friend to make the trade (not even sure he has it either). Since Golem would still be useless getting to the 7th Gym I might just ignore him while I travel and train my other guys.

Yellow seems like the best version of Gen 1.

Anyway, I haven't made any progress. I wanted to have Golem before I went for my 7th badge, but haven't met my friend to make the trade (not even sure he has it either). Since Golem would still be useless getting to the 7th Gym I might just ignore him while I travel and train my other guys.

Technically, now is the part of the game in Red in which I'm duplicating my Master Ball/Rare Candies, and going on a completionist mission and trying to get everything available in Red.

I just need Blue's exclusives and Omanyte/Omastar and I'd have everything.

Technically, now is the part of the game in Red in which I'm duplicating my Master Ball/Rare Candies, and going on a completionist mission and trying to get everything available in Red.

I just need Blue's exclusives and Omanyte/Omastar and I'd have everything.

I did thing about Missingno as I reached the Island. Not doing it since that wouldn't be as fun. Gonna do it the old fashion way.

One of the things that sucks about not having breeding it finding people willing to give you 1 of pokemon. Your basically locked into someone that just started a new game or trading with yourself.

I mentioned this a few times earlier in the topic- You actually can get all 3 starters in Red/Blue by yourself, if you use the Old Man Glitch/have a specific name. It's only the opposite game's exclusives and whatever fossil you didn't pick, is all you need.

Archived