Pokemon Gen 1

Flame Dragon

I mentioned this a few times earlier in the topic- You actually can get all 3 starters in Red/Blue by yourself, if you use the Old Man Glitch/have a specific name. It's only the opposite game's exclusives and whatever fossil you didn't pick, is all you need.

Interesting. Shame it takes SO long to get a fossil since thats nearly the end of the game.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

After finally meeting with my friend and getting Golem I've not reached the E4. Team atm

Golem, Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Slowbro: 45

Jolteon: 47

Charizard: 49

I also have 11 rare candies if it should come to that. But, before I take on the E4, any recommendations for nicknames for the first 4?

After finally meeting with my friend and getting Golem I've not reached the E4. Team atm

I also have 11 rare candies if it should come to that. But, before I take on the E4, any recommendations for nicknames for the first 4?

I level'd my team up to 50 out of sheer paranoia. Was honestly easier then I expected.

As for nicknames, you could try...

Blocky the Golem

Buu the Snorlax

Kenshiro the Hitmonlee

Lowbrow the Slowbro

Cactus the Jolteon

If you were daring, Sonichu the Jolteon

AND JUST NAME THE CHARIZARD FLAMEDRAGON =D

You could go with Mr. Bro

I level'd my team up to 50 out of sheer paranoia. Was honestly easier then I expected.

As for nicknames, you could try...

Blocky the Golem

Buu the Snorlax

Kenshiro the Hitmonlee

Lowbrow the Slowbro

Cactus the Jolteon

If you were daring, Sonichu the Jolteon

AND JUST NAME THE CHARIZARD FLAMEDRAGON =D

Yea, I was looking at the movesets and they look terrible.

Yea, 50 seems like the place I'd want to be. I'm thinking of doing that and burning the rare candies to help get me there. Though I might not use that many on Jolteon, Slowbro, or Golem since they can basically solo the first 3 E4 members.

I actually have a nickname for Jolteon and Charizard. Blitz and Flame (FlameDragon is too long). Isn't Kenshiro known for this. Cool name, but not good for Lee I don't think.

After thinking about it, I'm thinking Sagat for Hitmonlee, Sazae for Slowbro, Acedia for Snorlax, and Lythos for Golem.

After using some rare candies because level grinding SUCKS (who the hell put level 22, 24, and 26 Pokemon in the final area?) team is.

Flame the Charizard: 50

Blitz the Jolteon: 49

Sagat the Hitmonlee: 48

Lathes the Golem: 48

Sazae the Slowbro: 47

Acedia the Snorlax: 47

In thinking over the E4 and their Pokemon Jolteon is going to be seeing a TON of use.

Dude, Slowbro can solo the WHOLE E4. At least, I've seen it done the day these were added to the 3DS with only 1 switch out (and he was actually pretty under leveled). It was glorious but Psychics were indeed broke. I wouldn't do it though, doesn't personally sound that satisfying to win with 1 Mon after training a whole team.

I got Chan mixed up with Lee. Guh.

Flame the Charizard: 50

Blitz the Jolteon: 49

Sagat the Hitmonlee: 48

Lathes the Golem: 48

Sazae the Slowbro: 47

Acedia the Snorlax: 47

You should be fine, Flame. They give you priority with your team anyway, so even if your lower Level'd by like 10 levels or so, you'd still be able to go first =D

The only one who might give you a run for your money is Lance. Gary's team is implied stronger, but they... Honestly lack good moves, except for his Alakazam, and his starter(to an extent). Lance just has the obvious 'I resist everything' that Dragons have, but they aren't really fighters outside of that.

Dude, Slowbro can solo the WHOLE E4. At least, I've seen it done the day these were added to the 3DS with only 1 switch out (and he was actually pretty under leveled). It was glorious but Psychics were indeed broke. I wouldn't do it though, doesn't personally sound that satisfying to win with 1 Mon after training a whole team.

I can buy it. Walls number 1, runs over 2 and 3, and has Ice Beam for 4.

I got Chan mixed up with Lee. Guh.

You should be fine, Flame. They give you priority with your team anyway, so even if your lower Level'd by like 10 levels or so, you'd still be able to go first =D

The only one who might give you a run for your money is Lance. Gary's team is implied stronger, but they... Honestly lack good moves, except for his Alakazam, and his starter(to an extent). Lance just has the obvious 'I resist everything' that Dragons have, but they aren't really fighters outside of that.

My nickname of choice for Chan is Little Mac.

I actually went over the full move sets for the E4 and Gary. Holy hell are they terrible. Like Gengar actively walls a bunch of Pokemon. Lance's Dragons for example at most can Dragon Rage him. Thats it.

So yea, the League was indeed a joke. I had one Pokemon faint (Slowbro to a crit Hyper Beam from Dragonite) and most hits were OHKO or 2HKO. The only one that weren't were Snorlax vs. Slowbro Hitmonlee vs. Rhydon. Neither of which I even needed to do.

Jolteon, Golem, and Slowbro were STUPID good vs. the league. Hitmonlee got used once, Snorlax got used twice, and Charizard got used 4 times.

Level after all was said and done.

Flame the Charizard: 51

Blitz the Jolteon: 50

Lathes the Golem: 50

Sagan the Hitmonlee: 48

Sazae the Slowbro: 48

Acedia the Snowlax: 47

So yea, game was exactly as weird and flawed as I thought it would be. Still had a ton of fun with it and totally get who this could become what it is today.

While on my way to cap things off with Mewtwo and found a trainer I somehow skipped WAY BACK. Level 14 Rattata vs. Level 51 Charizard. Poor kid never had a chance.

Mewtwo is very handily killing my team. I had abandoned using Amnesia vs. him because of his high crit rate, but do so since I'm almost out of Pokemon. Get him low on HP. Throw Ultra Ball. First ball catch. Skill game.

I mentioned this to Flame Dragon earlier.

So ORAS and FireRed LeafGreen happen at the same time.

There is an unnamed man on the S.S Anne who says he is an undercover World Police Agent.

S.S. Anne departs.

ORAS postgame.

We find Looker with no memory washed up on a beach at the Battle Resort.

Plus what does looker have on him in ORAS? Audinite. Audino is the Hearing Pokemon, or it has something to do with hearing. So it could make even further sense for why a cop to have something like that.

Archived