Fire

Water

Grass

Electric

Dragon

Psychic

Dark

Ice

Fun fact: despite Ghost being a Physical Type and Dark being a Special Type, most Ghost Types were purely Special, and most Dark Types were physical attackers.

Its like, you can forgive them for screwing up Ghost since they didn't really know what they were doing. They have zero excuse for Dark since they added it a Gen later and REALLY should have known better then to make NEARLY ALL OF THE DARK TYPES PHYSICAL!!!!

Speaking off this issue, Dragon was in a similar position with two of the main dragons (Dragonite and Salamance) being physical. A surprising number of Water types also have this issue too:

Poliwrath, Kingler, Seaking, Gyarados, Kabutops, Feraligatr, Quagsire, Qwilfish, Azumarill in gen 3, Swampert, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Huntail, and Relicanth.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't think that list would be that long. I knew the first three types had this issue because you have so few pokemon of that type and its easy to look over. I knew and handful for water and when I just looked over the list to see who else, wow, a TON of them have it too.

As for Megas, I want them to finish the various pairs. So Butterfree, Frosslass, and Slowking. I wouldn't mind Machamp and Golem getting one this way the original trade evolutions from Gen 1 all had one. Also wouldn't mind the other pseudo legendaries getting one. Though only Dragonite has really good odds since Gen 5 and 6 pokemon REALY haven't gotten Megas.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hydreigon is another one that is popular but fallen a bit from grace and could maybe get a Mega.

Also falls in the pseudo legend camp. Again, the issue there is that Gen 5 Pokemon really haven't gotten Megas.

all i will say is:

"ZANGOOSE"

Would feel weird for him to get one and not his snake friend.

Well, Gen 1 and Gen 3 got a bunch. Maybe....5 is next?

I'm gonna say right now if there are gonna be more Megas my bet is

Volcarona

Hydreigon

Gen 5 starters

I figured Gen 5 wasn't getting them because Megas (for the most part) are given to popular pokemon to make them relevant again. Since Gen 5 and 6 is where a lot of the power setting is coming from, the pokemon from those gens don't need it as much.

I figured Gen 5 wasn't getting them because Megas (for the most part) are given to popular pokemon to make them relevant again. Since Gen 5 and 6 is where a lot of the power setting is coming from, the pokemon from those gens don't need it as much.

Well.

Volcarona has been really underpowered lately, and Hydreigon dropped to UU because of Fairies. Hydreigon dropped around the same time that Salamence did I believe.

Plus. Gen 1, then Gen 3, now Gen 5?

Well.

Volcarona has been really underpowered lately, and Hydreigon dropped to UU because of Fairies. Hydreigon dropped around the same time that Salamence did I believe.

Plus. Gen 1, then Gen 3, now Gen 5?

Volcarona is in BL, putting it RIGHT outside OU. Hydreigon is literally one of the best Pokemon in UU. Neither are hurting for a Mega. 

The VAST majority of Megas have gone to Gen 3 pokemon. Which makes sense. Gen 1 and 2 got a ton of REALLY good evos in Gen 4 making a lot of them closer to the power level of the current game then those in Gen 3. 

Vespiquen

That would be cool. Though I'd rather something to make Male Combee not totally worthless. 

Volcarona is in BL, putting it RIGHT outside OU. Hydreigon is literally one of the best Pokemon in UU. Neither are hurting for a Mega. 

The VAST majority of Megas have gone to Gen 3 pokemon. Which makes sense. Gen 1 and 2 got a ton of REALLY good evos in Gen 4 making a lot of them closer to the power level of the current game then those in Gen 3. 

Hydreigon can struggle a lot still in UU, honestly. And the thing with BL is that, while it's right outside OU, that means it's not quite strong enough to be a main OU Pokemon, but also is locked from UU. Basically it's a Pokemon that's stuck in a very small niche.

Plus, beyond the four you listed, there's more Megas that mess with the idea that "It's given to things to make them relevant." such as Sableye, which was at the time still used a lot, and Alakazam which was a threat for...ever. Also Slowbro, Scisor, and Heracross which the normal form is used often still in high tier.

Not saying you're wrong or anything but just putting out there that there's a chance. Especially given the popularity of the two and the fact that Gen five doesn't have many reps. :)

Despite already having a Mega, I would suggest Mega Lucario. Currently it is the only species (besides Smeargle) to learn all Pulse/Aura moves available. The ability "Mega Launcher", and a boost in its Special Attack (and maybe defenses?) would make it quite an interesting Pokémon. Also I don't quite like the design of its current Mega. On the point of it already having a Mega: Charizard and Mewtwo already have 2 Megas, so it is not unthinkable.

Aurorus has a decent selection of Electric type moves, which makes me think it could have been an Ice/Electric type before it became fossilized. Giving it a mega with that typing could somewhat patch-up its weaknesses, as well as giving it a great STAB combination. Though it would probably make more sense as a primal reversion of sorts.

In the legendary department, Regigigas could really use some love. Almost any other ability would be an improvement over what it currently has; all other things it gets from a Mega Evolution are icing on the cake. I get it is supposed to be some sort of ancient automaton which has just started up, but it is quite useless now.

Most others I'd lime to get a mega have already been mentioned.

Offhandedly, if I may theorycraft:

When Megas were coming out for X and Y, we notably got Gardevoir (a well-loved Gen 3 'mon) but visibly not Metagross (Gen 3's pseudo). When ORAS added more Megas, a lot of hype came for Mega Metagross.

I ask: what 2 generations are still missing Megas for their pseudo-Legendaries?

1 (Dragonite) and 5 (Hydreigon/Haxorus[?])

Gen 1 is getting re-releases of Red and Blue, but maybe they'll be packaged with (or actually be) remakes, including a new Mega for Dragonite. It would make sense, because letting us trade with the Kanto games is something that hasn't happened since Gen 3 anyway . . . and we all know what got remakes recently.

It's not usually in Gane Freak's nature to blindside us, but we can hope.

Archived