Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Well, I found a Japanese Litten on GTS so suppose that's one thing out of the way for now. Just have to figure out an appropriate nature for it when I breed (thinking about Adamant b/c it's going to be slow). I can wait on Rowlet for a while.

Then again, I still have a few places that I haven't gotten to catching Pokes in yet on 'Ula'ula. Team is still same for now.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone been messing around with Poke Pelago? It's actually pretty darn neat.

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokepelago.shtml

Also I'm glad Serebii has so much info on everything already. Been very useful these past few days, particularly for hunting down Zygarde Cells. I just need my game to become day so I can grab the last one I'm missing.

Well, I found a Japanese Litten on GTS so suppose that's one thing out of the way for now. Just have to figure out an appropriate nature for it when I breed (thinking about Adamant b/c it's going to be slow). I can wait on Rowlet for a while.

Then again, I still have a few places that I haven't gotten to catching Pokes in yet on 'Ula'ula. Team is still same for now.

I think you should hold off on breeding until you can get it with its HA. Intimidate seems really good on it. As for the nature, Adamant is the safe bet, but maybe Impish could work if it is possible for it to run a bulky set.

Anyway, just cleared trial number 4. Just missed the OHKO on the boss with Z-Fire and then it healed and Castform forced me to switch out Salandit. Dartrix was able to finish it thanks to a Quick Claw activation (it triggers a decent amount for me) and then Castform became a fire type so I switched to Mudbray who took a ton from Weather Ball. I considered waiting out the move with Super Potions, but realized Mudbray should be able to outspeed it and it did so I got the kill. It was the most interesting Totom fight so far.

Anyway, team

Cocytus, the Jollu Wimpod level 24

Gila, the Rash Salandit level 26

Agro, the Lax Mudbray level 28

Hanzo, the Lonely Dartix level 31

I realized Wimpod is going to SUCK to train since all his good level up moves when he evolves come either late or from before he evolves. Still, going to see how it goes.

I mean, that is why we have the Exp Share, makes training weak mons easier.

Also, protip for anyone getting all the Zygarde cells: You can disassemble and reassemble it as much as you want to get the right nature (note that doing so will reset its level, EVs, moves, etc., though Core Enforcer, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Extreme Speed, and Dragon Dance can berelearned from the Zygarde Cube as much as you want), until you get all 100, in which case Aura Break is replaced with Power Construct and you can no longer disassemble it. Also, once its ability becomes Power Construct, you can freely change it between its 10% and 50% forme. The 10% forme does have 20 higher base speed, but lower base stats in most everything else, though that could be useful for triggering Complete Forme faster.

Complete Forme is an absolute monster, btw. 216/121/95 in HP/Def/SpDef base stats, and it can learn Coil. WTF is with that bulk.

I think you should hold off on breeding until you can get it with its HA. Intimidate seems really good on it. As for the nature, Adamant is the safe bet, but maybe Impish could work if it is possible for it to run a bulky set.

Anyway, just cleared trial number 4. Just missed the OHKO on the boss with Z-Fire and then it healed and Castform forced me to switch out Salandit. Dartrix was able to finish it thanks to a Quick Claw activation (it triggers a decent amount for me) and then Castform became a fire type so I switched to Mudbray who took a ton from Weather Ball. I considered waiting out the move with Super Potions, but realized Mudbray should be able to outspeed it and it did so I got the kill. It was the most interesting Totom fight so far.

Anyway, team

Cocytus, the Jollu Wimpod level 24

Gila, the Rash Salandit level 26

Agro, the Lax Mudbray level 28

Hanzo, the Lonely Dartix level 31

I realized Wimpod is going to SUCK to train since all his good level up moves when he evolves come either late or from before he evolves. Still, going to see how it goes.

Did you teach him Scald/Did you find Scald? It's before you get him, and it's not that tedious. I ground Goliath to evolve before I even fought Lurantis.

Speaking of, level 30 Salandit vs Totem Lurantis. funking HILARIOUS. No really, the thing constantly wasted turns using Synthesis even though Toxic just kept hurting it more and more. Then Castform's Sunny Day just made the Fire Z-Move hurt even more. Right now with my team all in the early 30s I've turned the Exp.Share off just to avoid overlevelling.

Also, aside from missing a Pikachu and (currently) a Shelgon, your team is the exact same as mine. I also grabbed the Eviolite in the city Olivia lives in, making my Shelgon even bulkier. And funk me are male Swimmers handsome as hell.

As I was saying, I don't know. I think Golisopod more than makes up for the abomination that was Masquerain. Plus you can teach it Ice moves. Is it able to learn rock type moves?

>Masquerain

>Abomination

Anyway, holy hell Hau's Raichu is ridiculous. I'm stumbling badly in my Nuzlocke atm, and nearly wiping for the nth time makes me realize the importance of grinding.

Soooooo, probably gonna spend tomorrow grinding my Alolan Persian, Wimpod, and a male Salandit that I'll use as filler for the time being. Man, I really shouldn't have underestimated the difficulty, would've had a better roster this time if I didn't let my guards down.

Alolan Persian is amazing tho. Technician utterly wrecks things early game and it's faster than most things in the game so far. Might peter out late game but hopefully I can build a better team by then.

Anyone know where to make Zygarde? Didn't want to do this at first but considering on using Zygarde 10% as a backup.

I was thinking something long the lines of samurai. It looks like it has armor on so I was thinking O-Yoroi (literally means great armor) but its too much of a mouthful.

French name is a play on Samurai, Japanese name contains Musha.

You're not wrong.

Did you teach him Scald/Did you find Scald? It's before you get him, and it's not that tedious. I ground Goliath to evolve before I even fought Lurantis.

Speaking of, level 30 Salandit vs Totem Lurantis. funking HILARIOUS. No really, the thing constantly wasted turns using Synthesis even though Toxic just kept hurting it more and more. Then Castform's Sunny Day just made the Fire Z-Move hurt even more. Right now with my team all in the early 30s I've turned the Exp.Share off just to avoid overlevelling.

Also, aside from missing a Pikachu and (currently) a Shelgon, your team is the exact same as mine. I also grabbed the Eviolite in the city Olivia lives in, making my Shelgon even bulkier. And funk me are male Swimmers handsome as hell.

I did not find Scald. I will do that later. The Jolly nature is likely to limit how good it will be, it is something.

I try to only use that generations Pokemon when I play the games (Gen 6 was the only time I broke it since I started doing it). I might considering Alolan forms for later play throughs since they are like new Pokemon in a ton of ways.

Pokemon games are good at making good looking characters.

French name is a play on Samurai, Japanese name contains Musha.

You're not wrong.

The French name is how I got the idea in the first place. If I can think of something clever to play into this I'll likely change it to that.

Males and Genderless Pokemon is correct as confirmed by Serebii. Also, while I know Salazzle will be a handy addition to my team now that Jezebel evolved, I can't help but wonder how the high holy hell Pokemon got away with such a clearly sexy design. She has her legs spread and everything.

I can't wait to get my Zygarde high enough leveled to learn Coil, this thing's bulk is just flat out incomparable to so much. I don't usually use Legendaries a lot but I love its design so much and tanks are my favorite kind of character. Dragon Dance, Coil, and Thousand Arrows are literally all it needs to be an unkillable sweep monster.

EDIT: So if anyone wants any level 1 Wimpods, Miniors, or Dhelmises of various natures, I got you covered.

[spoiler=Nice thing you can do post-game.]If you go to Guzma's house on Route 2, Guzma'll be there with something you can do, also in the room in the back Guzma's mom will give you the TM for Swagger.

Dragon Dance, Coil, and Thousand Arrows are literally all it needs to be an unkillable sweep monster.

Funny because this alone is the reason smogon just banned it LOL. I truly underestimated it, I can tell you that much.

Also does anyone know a good way to SOS for HAs? Would entrainment (if any of the mons available have it) be good for checking abilities?

Yeah, I made a status about it earlier and brought up it getting banned to Ubers, though now that status is gone because I posted another one on top of it. 216 base HP is just utterly ridiculous with any sort of reasonable defenses, I love it.

Saw something funny.

MY17QYn.jpg?1

EDIT: UB-02's name is actually Buzzwole, that's hilarious. He also flexes a lot, even in his fainting animation, that's fantastic.

Yeah, I made a status about it earlier and brought up it getting banned to Ubers, though now that status is gone because I posted another one on top of it. 216 base HP is just utterly ridiculous with any sort of reasonable defenses, I love it.

Saw something funny.

MY17QYn.jpg?1

EDIT: UB-02's name is actually Buzzwole, that's hilarious. He also flexes a lot, even in his fainting animation, that's fantastic.

He definitely lifts, something I don't do : ^)

He doesn't skip leg day, either, which is admirable considering he's got 4 of them.

Also, heads up, there's a Nugget Bridge set up in Malie Garden, I don't know when it happened but it's certainly not a post-game thing because I'm doing it right now and all my Pokemon are ~50 levels higher than theirs.

[spoiler=lol]It's actually a veteran Team Rocket member at the end, asking us to join. It's the same dialogue as in the original games, too. He says he was just messing around and having fun acting like the original Nugget Bridge, but he reminisces about Team Rocket and wonders how "old Mr. Giovanni" is doing, so I'm guessing it's actually the same guy.

EDIT: Araquanid, you're sending me mixed signals here.

Sun: It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.
Moon: Despite what its appearance suggests, it cares for others. If it finds vulnerable, weak Pokémon, it protectively brings them into its water bubble.

'NOTHER EDIT: So shiny Pokemon can show up in the Poke Pelago. Better hope they decide to stay the next day.

Question... How does the festival plaza work? I can't but anything. Lel

The game outright TELLS you how it works dude.

I figured it out. Turns out they're kinda strict on time traveling. When I adjusted my date and time to the correct date, they locked my FC for 48 hours. Funny stuff.

So I am stalled at the route where you first find Fomantis because I have decided, crazily enough, that I won't settle for anything less than a Fomantis with a hidden ability and is also shiny, because I really like the coloring there. So after a full day of ally chaining to find a shiny Fomantis or at least one with a hidden ability, and failing for both, I spent a half day on the GTS and Wonder Trading and again, failing to find either.

So I give up and turn to you guys. Anybody have a Fomantis with a hidden ability? Doesn't have to be shiny or even have a good nature. I can try and breed a shiny myself once I get a hidden ability Fomantis. If you do have an extra Everstone, if you could attach it to it, that would be great as I managed to find an Adamant Fomantis and want to pass that nature down.

And no, it doesn't matter to me that there are objectively better grass types this gen, because I just really like the design and mantises are one of my favorite bugs.

[spoiler=Post-game stuff.]I'm really enjoying the Looker stuff in this game. I'd never played Emerald so I didn't immediately realize that it was the same Anabel who was the Frontier Brain from the Battle Tower, but it's all really interesting. Nanu being involved is really cool as well. I'm enjoying the backstory.

That aside, it's also fun going out and having to catch all these UBs. I like their music a lot, and I can finally get a Gluttony.

EDIT: [spoiler=OH MY GOD]You get Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png1,000,000 when you finish the 5th one! Damn! Buying all the TMs put me at under 200k, so I was running a bit low, that was very useful.

HEY GUESS WHO FINALLY BEAT THE GAME AND CAN FINALLY LOOK AT THIS THREAD AGAIN!!

The real MVP of my playthrough was Golisopod. His stats matched with First Impression + Sucker Punch funking plowed through most major challenge in the game. I cannot stress enough how good First Impression has been. A base 90 attack power priority bug move is legit and great for revenge killing.

Also noticed that Electric types were very good, as despite not wanting to really use Raichu, it ended up my highest level mon because of how often I was forced to use it. (though that might have been because Nuzzle was great for catching mons)

Salazzal and Lycanroc were both excellent and figure to be good competitive mons. Shame Talonflame won't be as prevalent for Lycanroc to really shine.

Kind of underwhelmed by the starter but it played its role, and I figure I'd feel the same about any of them because usually its problem was just that it was too slow.

Kommo-o had a real hard time pulling its weight by the time I got it. Even when I dropped an entire game's worth of rare candies on it, the fact that its strongest physical fighting move is Sky Uppercut basically meant that its access to dragon dance and swords dance went to waste. It's probably best as a special attacker with access to Focus Blast, Clanging Scales, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, and Flash Cannon among others– and its SpA is only 10 less than it's Atk, but it's still a little disappointing. Wonder why they didn't give it something like Close Combat.

[spoiler=Also realized that I can do a playthrough of only cats and dogs and name them along the same lines as Rockruff]

Litten - Flameow

Meowth - Shamewow

Growlithe - Fireruff

Smeargle - Paintruff

Rockruff - Rockruff

Lycanroc - Dayruff/Nightruff

Lillipup - Furruff

Eevee - Multiruff

Vaporeon - Merruff

Jolteon - Spikeruff

Flareon - Fluffruff

Espeon - Psyruff