Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

EDIT: You know, I felt that it was kinda mean that you can't tell that Minior is shiny when it's shield is up, so if you miss the initial sparkle you have no idea you're up against a shiny one until you break the shell.

And then I saw Alola Vulpix/Ninetails.

A LOT of shiny Pokemon are hard to notice. Durant, Abra, Phanpy, its pretty bad honestly.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, funk the third Kahuna. The only reason the jabroni's Persian even gave me trouble was because the jabroni flinched me 3 times in a row off Dark Pulse alone, and once more from Fake Out. It funking flinched me for the first four turns. And even then the little sheet either kept KOing my mons with it, OR it flinched me some more.

Alright, just beaten the third Kahuna and now gonna go to Aether Paradise again. Po Town was really sweet and I love the atmosphere there, and damn, that Mimikyu totem surprised me with Gengar and hypnosis spam.

My current Team are:

LV40 Champ the Brave Golisopod 

LV38 Garfield the Hasty A-Persian

LV37 Grounded the Calm Haunter

LV36 Ameijin the Timid Baile Oricorio (Probably gonna grind until it gets Revelation Dance at 40)

Lv40 Z-Dog the Bold Zygarde-10% 

I suck at nicknames. Have a gumshoos at reserve but idk if I should include it or not. Am I funked for this stage of the game?

Right now, you should be okay level-wise as Aether Paradise (rescue Lillie) is level 35-39 'mons. Though, Poni Island is level 40 at minimum (and the fourth Kahuna is mid/upper 40s, so you should level grind a bit). You have time though. 

As for Nanu, I didn't have too many issues with his Persian to be honest; either I wasn't on the receiving end of multiple flinches (outside Fake Out) or I overleveled and just KO'd him with a Z-move or something. 

-----

Right, and Beast Balls make catching Kartana pretty much a guarantee, given catch rate (same as early route 'mons). So far, outside UB-01, all of the Ultra Beasts (bar Guzzlord b/c I haven't dealt with it yet) have the nature I wanted them [though attribute that to Synchronize users]. Only thing is just resetting for perfect IVs (or just high enough) where needed (b/c Bottle Caps appear to require BP, and getting them right now will not be easy). 

I've arrived on Poni Island now, and Lusamine was a piece of cake. Her Clefable easily let me set up 3 Nasty Plots on my Raichu, then I just cut my way through her first three mons, then let Decidueye take down Milotic with his shiny new Leaf Blade move (he REALLY should get this move earlier). Bewear was hilarious, since it couldn't touch Decidueye and thus could only use Baby-Doll Eyes.

Ghost trial finished. Forgot Mimi was super fast and had disguise making it interesting. Also a Lum berry. Mudsdale was MVP just taking attack after attack and taking less with each. Stamina is an insane ability.

Anyway, team

Polari, the Jolly Minior: 38

Gila, the Rash Salazzle: 39

Cocytus, the Jolly Golisopod: 39

Agro, the Lax Mudsdale: 39

Hanzo, the Lonely Decidueye: 41

Yea, having EXP Share off is slowing down leveling a fair bit. I'm already over leveled though so its not a big deal.

(b/c Bottle Caps appear to require BP, and getting them right now will not be easy). 

You can get them for BP? Didn't know that, I've been getting all mine through Festival Plaza lottery facilities and fishing. Got about a dozen of them so far.

Like most Pokemon this gen, I wish Vikvavolt was faster, but I guess you can't argue with 145 base special attack.

So after getting the game Wednesday and getting to the second island at the start of the 3rd island trial my team thus far is...

Harambee the Hardy Ribombee

Fish Tank the Bold Wishiwashi

Chip the Jolly Lycanroc (best poke for post game breeding)

Rai. the Quiet Alolan Raichu

in addition to that theirs my first try female Hardy Dartrix and my Careful Trumbeak (Dartrix for Flaseswipes and Trumbeak to change when it evolves.)

So, just arrived on the last island. That story stuff, wow. I was kind of spoiled on it/expected it, but actually seeing it play out is really cool. The characters this gen are just great.

[spoiler=Small Spoiler]

I was really surprised by Lillie having a character redesign. I think I like it as much as her starting design. I know the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw it was Korrina. Just Korrina has a much longer ponytail.

Anyway, team

Polari, the Jolly Minior: 44

Gila, the Rash Salazzle: 43

Cocytus, the Jolly Golisopod: 43

Agro, the Lax Mudsdale: 43

Hanzo, the Lonely Decidueye: 46

Its amazing how much the rest of the game caught up with me having the EXP Share off. I'm only a little above everyone now, and this is with me having Refresh increasing the amount of EXP I get. I can only imagine what my levels would be like if I wasn't also getting that.

I've not actually cared about using the Island Scan but I've been filling out the holes in my pokedex with it, yeah. Got only a few more, aside from legendaries/ultra beasts that I can't get.

You can get some pretty nice stuff. Caught a Chikorita's cause of it. My favorite of the 2nd Gen Starters. :)

After about 2 hours of searching finally caught a Bagon. :)

Has anyone been using the QR code feature?

I have, got a Chikorita with it. Also, team so far:

• Munchlax lv. 11 (special event)
  • Makuhita lv. 10
  • Butterfree lv. 11
  • Popplio lv. 14
  • Abra lv. 6
  • Pichu lv. 7

Working on caring enough for Munchlax and Pichu so they can evolve. Plus, I plan on sticking with Butterfree until it's not necessary. Also, I'll stay on Melemele until I get the island scan pokemon here. I know when they appear, but now where. I know Chikorita appears on Route 2  on Friday but what about the others?

To some extent (about the QR codes), yes, but haven't been using it actively. May start using it again for stuff I want; now that I have access to everywhere in Alola. 

Oh right, and about the Bottle Cap thing, I didn't see it listed in the BP item thing on Serebii so retracting that statement for now. May be wrong though.

In terms of UBs, I still need Pheromosa and Celesteela (can probably wait until I buy Moon and trade with self [well, over the GTS]; other guys who use it still are irrational for the most part [why am I surprised at this again]). Otherwise, I do know a kid IRL who got Moon, but question is whether/not he's up to that point. Oh right, and Lunala, but I just need to evolve Cosmog on my end, then have someone with Moon evolve it further.  

@Broke.N: I found it, but it was a pain in the ass to navigate the desert to where it was. 

TIL you can scan just any QR code and get something from it. Pulled up a random Animal Crossing design one and got a Lunatone. Before I was just using an Imgur album that had the Pokedex ones so I could fill up my slots.

EDIT: So what facilities does everyone have at their Festival Plaza? Right now I've got

4★ Stomp-Stomp House
3★ Treasure Hunt
3★ Gold Rush
3★ Big Dreams
3★ Battle Table
3★ Pharmacy
5★ Rare Kitchen

Also, don't need anyone to trade Celesteela anymore. Didn't realize you could just type in a Pokemon name you didn't already have in your Pokedex if you scrolled all the way to the bottom.

Yeah, that feature is so incredibly useful in the GTS. I used it when trading for Drampas and Sandshrew to add to my game. Thank god there are still some reasonable people on the GTS. News flash twerps, people aren't going to trade a fully-evolved starter or a UB for a funking Passimian.

Also my Shelgon finally evolved in Vast Poni Canyon, so now my team have all evolved.

[spoiler=Well that's cool.]So post game Team Skull breaks up, Plumeria and Guzma remove any insignias from their person (for example compare Plumeria at first to her post game) and alongside Gladion they're all "Pokemon Trainer [insert name here]." Just redid the E4 to evolve my Cosmog and this time I actually had Plumeria show up as the challenger. She said got talked into it by Molayne and Nanu and that she'd started over as a trainer, she even has a Z-Ring and everything. I really wasn't expecting her to show up, that's cool.

[spoiler=Stuff of note]

If you want to get Cosmog post-game (yeah, win the league), you need to go back to the altar where you got your box legendary [keep it on team]; have it open a portal and then you'll be moved to the alternate landscape. 

Sun: Transported to Altar of the Moone with Lake of the Sunne. Also gets the Moon timing (offset by 12 hours)

Moon: Transported to Altar of the Sunne with Lake of the Moone. Game works off your DS clock. 

In other words, keep box legendary around and you can jump between dimensions without having to reset the clock (for time-based captures / evolutions). I'm enjoying it for catching Midday Lycanroc in the evenings (for me). Yeah, this helps a bit. 

Archived