Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was playing around with Refresh and made Dartrix get the boosted EXP. Not gonna lie, its nice to have that since it started when it was about to evolve.

Also, found Leech Life. Time to murder everything with Mr. Pod.

You can buy Hearts Scales 2 for 1040. YES this is SO nice.

Lol, the game just called out Rock types for being bad.

I like how I went to the Ruins of Life only to be told to go back. Sigh.....

Anyway, beat Olivia and went and evolved Wimpod. The stat up from getting Golisopod is insane. Anyway, team atm

Cocytus, the Jolly Golisopod: 30

Gila, the Rash Salandit: 30

Agro, the Lax Muddle: 32

Hanzo, the Lonely Decidueye: 34

Haven't got a chance to say my thoughts about the completion of the game, but now that I'm here I have some thoughts to put out. 

Final Dream Team stats (in order of when joined):

Purrgatoro (Incineroar) LV 63

Hyde (Lycanroc Midnight) LV 61

Scybele (Lurantis) LV 61

Lilith (Salazzle) LV 61

Anomalocaris (Golisopod) LV 61

Mimicutie (Mimikyu) LV 61

[spoiler=This game is just the best (WARNING: Long)]

The amount of detail, effort, and dedication placed into this game is just so unfathomable. There are just so many small things Gamefreak has implemented aside from the improved visual aesthetic, and you can tell they were actively fixing a lot of issues in the game as well as placing more efficiency (Balancing HP Super/Hyper Potions give, Egg Hatch Mechanics, HM Slave Abolition, PC Box shortcuts, etc). While there was still some tedious tutorial stuff, as a competitive player I've pretty much enjoyed the amount of little things that make my life easier when it comes to accessing these things when I'm battling, raising, or breeding.

Another take away was the Super Training and Horde battles, but exchanging it for Ally Chaining and IV Training I believe was a valid step. Super Training and Horde Battles just became so monotonous, but now we have Ally Chains, which can give you tons upon tons of EVs and rewards you with good chances of IVs and Shinies. Aside from that, there are a lot of fun things like Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza that makes getting EVs and other rewards more fun while making you interact with their other features, and it makes everything more worthwhile. I think I'll be enjoying this more in the future when I assemble my Ally Chain team and perfect IV Ditto.

I have been placed in so many corners moreso then ever in this game. I think out of a good chunk of people who played SM so far, at least everyone either blacked out or was near death in some way. Gamefreak did the right step to nerf the Exp Share, so leveling up was kind of hard, but it got easier once your main Pokes could evolve. Still, it was a pain getting there, and the game punishes you for a type disadvantage a lot. Notably, the Akala island trials and onward. With super annoying and bulky Totems, improved AI, and innovated NPC teams, it has never been more rewarding to win every battle. When I played, I felt that even though I was levels above a team, I still had to fight harder to beat them since they didn't die immediately. This kind of difficulty is the kind that I have been looking for, and make X/Y/ORAS a pushover.

The story was also on a new level. They didn't hold back as to introducing concepts of death, insanity, and child abuse, and boy did they go down on that. But the positive thing that came out of it was Lillie. Lillie is by the far the best side-character that does not battle. She's got a harsh backstory, but he does have good courage and determination to save Nebby and face against her mother when she went into the Beast World. It positively shows how children should stand up for themselves in the case of poor parenting and abuse. She was cute for the somewhat intended shipping, and was not annoying. I now know from the trailers, about how they show Lillie being a very mysterious character: that she's very integral to the plot, but more than I expected after I faced Lusamine the first time. Aside from Lillie, I really enjoyed every important character I have encountered. Gamefreak did the right step of introducing Island Trials, since not only it was good to be different for a bit, but inherently getting along with the Trial Captains and Kahunas made me value them more. Much more than meeting a gimmick Gym Leader, sweeping them and then never seeing them again until a possible rematch. It made the Elite Four a little more tense.

Back to the actual story criticism, the writing in this game was also very well thought out. From Team Skull's hilarious quirks and gangster signs to the insanity that is Lusamine, there are a number of memorable lines and ones that made you intimidated by the character before going into the battle. Examples include Guzma in Po Town about the machine metaphor and Lusamine creepily obsessing over her Pokemon obsession, collections, and "love". I just well a lot of chills before I had to battle them, even though I was like to sweep them with my Pokemon anyway. Still, they did not hesitate to make Lusamine more funked up than we thought. And I liked it. Only issues here are the plot holes; Lillie and Gladion tend to roam about and technically if Team Skull was working with the Aether Foundation before the events of the story, then Lillie could have possibly been caught earlier on. Only when we narrow down Guzma and meet Acerola again does Lillie get taken. I also felt Gladion could have done more for helping the protagonist and Lillie on the quest for the flutes, or rather how easy and simple it was to summon Solgaleo or Lunala, but I feel there are good reasons for that I don't feel like discussing now.

tl;dr Overall, with the exception of the nostalgic R/B/G games, this is arguably one of the best main Pokemon games at the moment, if not the best (Some might argue Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 and others have merits too and they're right). With mechanic and batting improvements, and a story full of feels to wtf, they did too many things correct from wrong, that I am astounded to see every new detail.

Also, found Leech Life. Time to murder everything with Mr. Pod.

If I get a Wimipod Imma name it Mr. Pod now.

Also I still haven't got to play the game much, only on Route two.

But I now have Empurress the Modest Alolan Meowth because I though the trainer school counted as the city for encounters whoops (Who saved me vs that damn Smeargle) and Gwendoline the Hasty Misdrevous.

I thought necrozma was a regular pokemon? I did easily catch is in a ultra ball after all!

It is, I had just originally wanted to catch it in a Beast Ball just for the sake of it.

Also, something I really like with this game; when you become Champion, you actually stay Champion. When you beat the E4 again (who actually have alternate dialogue since you're the Champion), you sit on your little throne and then the challenger shows up for you to defend your title. So far I've seen Hau, Hapu, and Gladion.

Though if you save before entering the final room it seems you can soft reset to change who you get. I made sure to fight Gladion so I could unlock his Pokeball throwing style.

I got my copy of Moon yesterday. Here's the deal, I only had enough money on me for one and I made my decision of which version to get on a coin flip. Heads I get Sun, tails I get moon, I got tails, so I got Moon. I'll save Sun for Christmas, but won't play it until the dub comes out. I picked the female trainer on the bottom right and have decided to call her Luna. Now, I'm off.

Edit, I'm starting to think I made a mistake with my trainer choice, Well, for my Sun Version, when I get it, I'll pick the trainer on the bottom left.

[spoiler Okay]

• So apparently, we are a trainer from Kanto.
  • Kukui took down Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine and Gary years ago, maybe in Gen 2.
  • Start off with 5k cash, man talk about generous.
  • Why does Kukui remind me of Wakka from Final Fantasy X? Oh yeah the speech pattern.

My god this would be an incredible crossover.

tumblr_oh134fiPe11r90zxco1_r1_1280.gif

[spoiler=Also, I've got a new favorite UB.]Celesteela's design is so cool, I love the reference to Princess Kaguya. I guess it makes sense that it's exclusive to Moon. I've got 4 Kartana's, I'm sure I can trade one for a Celesteela. Also, it looks like something out of Mega Man Battle Network.

797Celesteela.png

Also it weighs over 2200 lbs, Jesus Christ that Heavy Slam.

I wonder how much of an item you can hold in your bag. I'm currently at 300 Pokeballs because of all the Premier Balls I want to get.

My guess is 999. It sucks you can't buy Premier Balls, but at least if you want a Pokémon in one you can just catch one in XY and move it. You don't need a ton for the new mon.

My god this would be an incredible crossover.

tumblr_oh134fiPe11r90zxco1_r1_1280.gif

This is adorable.

Anyway, made it to the 3rd island. Going to be getting Minior soon, and man I wish I'd looked closer at his move set. It gets one flying move (Acrobatics). It feels like Flying types are the ones most often to get screwed out of a good STAB move if they aren't a bird. Either them or Ghosts, but the physical Ghosts in this Gen actually got a unique move to not be screwed over. Still, came up with a good name for it when I catch it, Luma. Pretty sure hat is gender neutral but it sounds more feminine in my head for some reason.

Speaking of my team, my last slot is going to be for Kommo-o and I'm curious just how late you get him? Like how much more game do I need to get through and how much game will I have left when I can finally get to them? Based on levels it feels like a fair bit and not a lot respectively. I honestly think Jangmo-o should have shown up earlier either way. Getting him with a real chance to go evolve, evolve seems dumb. Also sucks that Clanging Scales forces you to be mixed when you really don't want to drop any of your stats.

I've actually found you if you have the highest rank of Pokeball Store in Festival Plaza, you can buy Premier Balls there. Thing is, getting any given Festival Plaza facility is a crap shoot.

For Minior, Acrobatics is great on it because of Shell Smash + White Herb. Jangmo-o shows up on the final island, and if you're worried about Clanging Scales you can always go for a Special Attack one with other moves like Flamethrower, Focus Blast, and Flash Cannon.

Well, I got 100 percent Zygarde.

[spoiler=His true power!]

I don't know if it's been said, but when 100% Zygarde's health goes down to halfway, he transforms. When he transforms, he gains back a 1/4th of his health for free.

Also, he keeps all the speed 10% has and the bulk of 50%. 3 Moonblasts to kill him from Alakazam, and mine's Adamant, so his defenses aren't getting special treatment. Kinda insane.

So I forgot to save and had to re-catch Gwendoline the Misdrevous and it took a while to find a female one again for some reason. Hardy Nature now though.

Also caught a Drowsee for Route 2. Pudding. Freaking Rash Nature of all things. Why do I have such bad luck with natures?

Also really wonder how they decide on the mons for areas because Drowsee is a weird one.

Anyway hopefully will play more than I have been lately, tonight.

I'm actually recording my playthrough for the fanfic thing in the creative writing section, but my team as of beating Hau #2;

Shadow the Careful Litten

Batteryman A the Naughty Grubbin

Shockwave the Naughty Pichu

(and yes I still intend on finding a shiny Grubbin/Charjabug)

Ofc my progress will be slow due to work n' junk.

I'm going to admit that defeating Lusamine in the Ultra World was more of a pain than I had anticipated, even with EV trained stuff [well, I should only say that for Espeon and Jolteon for being PROPERLY trained; everything else was "screw it already"].

(Well, I didn't think all of them would have Totem boosts, but yeah, she's dealt with for now) 

Next step is to catch Solgaleo, but need to figure out the proper nature I want. Looking over the movepool, thinking of Adamant or something (though it has good enough speed otherwise). I'll just have to get a Synchronize user with that particular nature. (Only stuff I have right now is my Timid nature Espeon and maybe some random Abras I got from Wonder Trade with that ability). 

[spoiler=Team as of this point]

Espeon (* real name *) - lv53

Jolteon (Raigeki) - lv48

Primarina (Ashimaru) - lv48

Lycanroc (Cinnamon) -lv50

Mudsdale (Makani) -lv45 [translates to "wind" in Hawaiian; also the name of one of my fanfic characters]

Stoutland - lv45

Yeah, last two are underleveled, but what can I do about it at this point. (The last trial was easy though; spam Espeon/Primarina)

I'm going to admit that defeating Lusamine in the Ultra World was more of a pain than I had anticipated, even with EV trained stuff [well, I should only say that for Espeon and Jolteon for being PROPERLY trained; everything else was "screw it already"].

(Well, I didn't think all of them would have Totem boosts, but yeah, she's dealt with for now)

Next step is to catch Solgaleo, but need to figure out the proper nature I want. Looking over the movepool, thinking of Adamant or something (though it has good enough speed otherwise). I'll just have to get a Synchronize user with that particular nature. (Only stuff I have right now is my Timid nature Espeon and maybe some random Abras I got from Wonder Trade with that ability).

[spoiler=Team as of this point]

Espeon (* real name *) - lv53

Jolteon (Raigeki) - lv48

Primarina (Ashimaru) - lv48

Lycanroc (Cinnamon) -lv50

Mudsdale (Makani) -lv45 [translates to "wind" in Hawaiian; also the name of one of my fanfic characters]

Stoutland - lv45

Yeah, last two are underleveled, but what can I do about it at this point. (The last trial was easy though; spam Espeon/Primarina)

Where do you get the friggin eevee?! Pokebank isnt updated? Or are you in japan?

And lusamine WAS a little bit of a pain to beat, no bones about it. But my team was kinda low leveled, yet i managed to beat her on first try......

Where do you get the friggin eevee?! Pokebank isnt updated? Or are you in japan?

And lusamine WAS a little bit of a pain to beat, no bones about it. But my team was kinda low leveled, yet i managed to beat her on first try......

You get an Eevee egg at the Daycare center, or you can look around Routes 5 and 6 if you want the 5% chance. I was lucky enough to get a Female Eevee and then bred it with my starter to get the ideal nature (I already mentioned earlier that Primarina ended up with a Timid nature, despite its low speed otherwise). 

PokeBank will be updated January 2017; seriously, I considered importing stuff over from XY/ORAS but Bank wasn't modified. 

-----

To be fair, I beat her on the first shot in that one, but Clefable gave me a headache (well, Metronome into Tail Glow and a bunch of other stuff, plus Moonlight spam). Hell, I had very little issue defeating her at Aether Paradise. 

Archived