Boss Monsters

Master of Blades, yo. Card was hype as sheet in ruler book formst.

Since when...Fate Didn't target and you just run it over with Blaster/REDMD/LaDD

Edit: Power'd Kykoo and Jowgen nuke too...forgot those two

It only got worse from there. OCG's unbanning of Trishula in September sealed Master's irrelevance

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when...Fate Didn't target and you just run it over with Blaster/REDMD/LaDD

Edit: Power'd Kykoo and Jowgen nuke too...forgot those two

It only got worse from there. OCG's unbanning of Trishula in September sealed Master's irrelevance

...because everything D-ruler had targeted?

It was a card for the mirror match, not for books. It was to discourage Number 11 and Dracossack

...because everything D-ruler had targeted?

It was a card for the mirror match, not for books. It was to discourage Number 11 and Dracossack

No it didn't, you just run it over in battle

Oblisk was the mirror cause you 1) couldn't target 2) could Nuke with sac 3) can't run it over (easily)

Did y'all even play March rulers?

http://yugiohtopdecks.com/most_used_cards_in_deck/Dragon+Ruler?start_date=09%2F01%2F2013&end_date=12%2F01%2F2013

After the babies got banned, it was a common extra deck staple in D-Rulers (because the card didn't exist in the March Format). And yes, it was used for the reasons I stated, because it discouraged Number 11 and Dracossack, and taking 100 damage was considered to be much better than getting a ruler/11/draco stolen by an opposing #11. 

It was a defensive and reactive play as opposed to to #11/Draco plays, and also why it was a 1-of as opposed to #11/Dracos 2-3 ofs. So yes, it was ran, and yes, it was common.

http://yugiohtopdecks.com/most_used_cards_in_deck/Dragon+Ruler?start_date=09%2F01%2F2013&end_date=12%2F01%2F2013

After the babies got banned, it was a common extra deck staple in D-Rulers (because the card didn't exist in the March Format). And yes, it was used for the reasons I stated, because it discouraged Number 11 and Dracossack, and taking 100 damage was considered to be much better than getting a ruler/11/draco stolen by an opposing #11. 

It was a defensive and reactive play as opposed to to #11/Draco plays, and also why it was a 1-of as opposed to #11/Dracos 2-3 ofs. So yes, it was ran, and yes, it was common.

Holy sheet, it it really that hard for you to understand that just because it was run does not necessarily make it good? There were clear and easy way to get around it and you also put yourself in the situation where you cannot summon anything else cause those are all fair game. 

The 4th most use rank 7 out of 4 rank 7's is meaningless. You're using a shitty stat from 1/2 of the game to justify a mediocre XYZ as a "boss" monster...if anything Dracosac was the bigger boss monster here anyway

Holy sheet, it it really that hard for you to understand that just because it was run does not necessarily make it good? There were clear and easy way to get around it and you also put yourself in the situation where you cannot summon anything else cause those are all fair game. 

The 4th most use rank 7 out of 4 rank 7's is meaningless. You're using a shitty stat from 1/2 of the game to justify a mediocre XYZ as a "boss" monster...if anything Dracosac was the bigger boss monster here anyway

Do you not understand the idea of context?

It was good. No, it wasn't some god tier card, but it was a good card to force your opponent down different avenues instead of just going for Dracossack/Big Eye, and depending on the stiuation, could seal a win. It was a 1-of that was worth running for those purposes, and that means it was good.

If you're arguing it's not a boss, you're using semantics to try and defeat a point when half the cards people listed aren't bosses, anyway, so you're being petty at best.

Do you not understand the idea of context?

It was good. No, it wasn't some god tier card, but it was a good card to force your opponent down different avenues instead of just going for Dracossack/Big Eye, and depending on the stiuation, could seal a win. It was a 1-of that was worth running for those purposes, and that means it was good.

If you're arguing it's not a boss, you're using semantics to try and defeat a point when half the cards people listed aren't bosses, anyway, so you're being petty at best.

No I'm arguing it's bad cause it doesn't stop Sac/Big Eyes plays

1) Master only protects itself, so you can't advance your gamestate

2) Summon Blaster, Run it over, then go into Sac or Big Eye

It's a staller at best and might buy you a turn

It's sheet in OCG, and it should have been sheet in TCG too

No I'm arguing it's bad cause it doesn't stop Sac/Big Eyes plays

1) Master only protects itself, so you can't advance your gamestate

2) Summon Blaster, Run it over, then go into Sac or Big Eye

It's a staller at best and might buy you a turn

It's sheet in OCG, and it should have been sheet in TCG too

Again, you seem to not understand context. Especially since you're arguing a passive card is objectively worse than a defensive one. Is Rafflesia objectively worse than CDI?

Oh no, you force them to go Big Eye in MP2 when... it doesn't matter. Dracossack is still there, but that's still worse than clearing and going for damage. And protecting itself is all it needs to do, especially if backed by Swift Scarecrow, which TCG took to a funk ton.

Buying you a turn is better than losing/playing into opponents, so again, I'm not sure why you're pickign a fight about somebody saying that they enjoy a card as a "boss", when the actual usage and impact shows it was a good card in some degree.

Of course, I have to mention my boys Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei and Superheavy Samurai Warlord Susuanowo. 

I'm beginning to love Enlightenment Paladin. And I can't forget my OG boss monster, Silent Magician. 

Arcanite Magician and her evos are fun bosses to. Other than being 100 below the usual ATK, she seems like protagonist card material. Why wasn't she in the anime? Like, at all.

Out of curiosity, what deck did you use Neptune in?

It was pretty bad, but I called it NEPTUNETown.

Basically, I would spam Geartown/Gadjitron Dragon or Barbaros for ATK and Instant Fusion Reaper on the Nightmare for its effect.

It was deadly when it worked, 4000+ direct attack/discard, but it was really vulnerable.

back when Geartown triggered on another field spell, with Tyrant I used Malefic Cyber End and Gadgjiltron to make a 7k beater that was immune to things like D-Prison and Mirror Force, then when coupled with things like Meklord Fortress, if they then try to kill it on their turn, you get to slap down a Wisel/Granel instead.

It was a super fun deck back in the day. I ultimately just stopped using it once D-rulers came out, because #11 ruined everything.

Of course, I have to mention my boys Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei and Superheavy Samurai Warlord Susuanowo. 

I'm beginning to love Enlightenment Paladin. And I can't forget my OG boss monster, Silent Magician. 

Arcanite Magician and her evos are fun bosses to. Other than being 100 below the usual ATK, she seems like protagonist card material. Why wasn't she in the anime? Like, at all.

Arcanite is female? I was never able to determine gender, because of the absurd robe.

Anyway, here we go:

Way back when I first started playing the game, I used Dark Magician as my primary boss.

When Rituals started becoming a thing, I started to use Magician of Black Chaos.

Then, more cards started coming out, and I got my hands on my dad's Dragon deck. My Spellcasters started focusing on Dark Paladin, and the dragons favored Dragon Master Knight.

This continued for quite a while, until the Spellcasters shifted to a burn Deck with Dark Eradicator Warlock, the Dragons switched to the easier-to-field Red-Eyes Darkness, and I put together the Sneaky Pebbles focusing on Megarock Dragon.

After quite a few rapid changes when I got back in the game somewhat recently, here's my current bosses:

Ra-Roma: Ra, obviously, usually flanked by an Aromage or two and Rafflesia/Gagaga Cowboy.

Demonic Mill: Pilgrim Reaper, flanked by Dark Highlander to prevent various Synchro outs.

The Sneaky Pebbles are mostly unchanged.

Due to how the Magician Magicians turned out, I often field multiple bosses simultaneously, usually Enlightenment and Dark Paladins, backed up by Performage Trapeze Magician and/or Big Eye.

The Dragon Boss Rush literally is designed to field different bosses per the situation, but usual suspects include REDMD, Clear Wing, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, Flare Metal, and First of the Dragons.

In order, kinda - 

Supersonic Skull Flame - Goofy boss for a goofy deck. Way more consistent in damage than Skull Flame proper, and it even multiplies if you can get out more than one. Hell, you can summon back the banished Skull Flames with DDR or something just to have a bunch of massive beaters on the field, too.

Traptrix Raflessia - It's exactly what Traptrix needed for them to be very good. Protecting everyone else is awesome, immunity to traps helps her (Or him, they are traps...), and being able to drop any Hole is amazing. So amazing that she is used as a generic card. Just wish I could get her...

Scrap Twin Dragon - Sets of Scrap Effects? Check. Gets rid of TWO cards at once, rather than 1? Check. Gets around anti-destruction? Check. Floats? Check. It's almost like they knew what bosses had to be 4 years early. Shame Scraps aren't fantastic, but they're definitely a fun pet deck, and this is one of the best cards in it

Genex Ally Axel - Limiter Removal and Reborn on legs? Yes, please. Helps extend plays, helps finish things off, and is generally a very fun hard to play around with. Worst part is that he's so hard to get out, even in his own deck...

The Dark Creator - funking amazing boss for Monster Mash. Banishes useless things, can Summon up more bosses or killed versions of himself, is a great level for Xyzing, has respectable stats, and is a joy to build a deck around.

Archived