Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2bsmm1.jpg

Is this card usable?

It is. You may need to have a non-misprint copy as well though' date=' I don't know.

[/quote']

But dood, datz liek fake! :O ... but I want it

Thats like saying that

fake-yu-gi-oh-mechanical-dragon.png

This is totally legal... which it is btw >_>

If you have Prime Material Dragon on the field and you use Wall of Revealing Light' date=' will it make you gain life points? Will the same happen with Self-Destruct Button?

[/quote']

Any effect that would inflict damage to a player instead increases their Life Points by the same amount. When a card's effect to destroy a monster(s) on the field is activated' date=' you can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate its activation and destroy the card.[/quote']

When you activate this card' date=' [i']pay [/i]any multiple of 1000 Life Points. None of your opponent's monsters with an ATK equal to or less than the Life Points you paid can attack.

You can only activate this card when your Life Points are lower than your opponent's Life Points and the difference is 7000 points or more. Both player's Life Points become 0.

Sorry, but there's no similarity between them, which means that they don't work together.

If you have Prime Material Dragon on the field and you use Wall of Revealing Light' date=' will it make you gain life points? Will the same happen with Self-Destruct Button?

[/quote']

Any effect that would inflict damage to a player instead increases their Life Points by the same amount. When a card's effect to destroy a monster(s) on the field is activated' date=' you can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate its activation and destroy the card.[/quote']

When you activate this card' date=' [i']pay [/i]any multiple of 1000 Life Points. None of your opponent's monsters with an ATK equal to or less than the Life Points you paid can attack.

You can only activate this card when your Life Points are lower than your opponent's Life Points and the difference is 7000 points or more. Both player's Life Points become 0.

Sorry, but there's no similarity between them, which means that they don't work together.

[/quote']

If a nomi/semi-nomi monster with the effect of special summon itself from the graveyard was summoned in a different way (like Cyberstein, Magical Scientist or Ritual Foregone); can it special summon itself from the graveyard by it's own effect?.

Let's suppose a hypotetical Synchrostein summons Stardust Dragon from the extra deck, then my opponent activates something destructive and i chain stardust. Stardust is sent to the graveyard, but is it special summoned at the end phase?.

If a nomi/semi-nomi monster with the effect of special summon itself from the graveyard was summoned in a different way (like Cyberstein' date=' Magical Scientist or Ritual Foregone); can it special summon itself from the graveyard by it's own effect?.

Let's suppose a hypotetical Synchrostein summons Stardust Dragon from the extra deck, then my opponent activates something destructive and i chain stardust. Stardust is sent to the graveyard, but is it special summoned at the end phase?.

[/quote']

Synchros are Semi-Nomi, so Synchrostein wouldn't work on Stardust Dragon in the first place.

And that counts for all other examples.

In other words: You can't Special Summon (Semi-)Nomis 'in a different way' and Cyberstein can't summon Fusions that say "This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon" or "This card can only be Special Summoned by [random summoning condition]".

Can you use Monster Reborn on Synchros?

Does Magical Hats work in the same way with Morphtronic Map as it does with Geartown?

Can Morphtronic Forcefield negate cards that would result in indirect destruction? (Book of Moon while Mystic Swordsman is out, Future Fusion selecting Chimeratech Overdragon, etc.) Probably no, right?

Can you use Monster Reborn on Synchros?

If the Synchro was properly summoned beforehand' date=' I.E. it's summon was not negated.

Does Magical Hats work in the same way with Morphtronic Map as it does with Geartown?

Yes.

Can Morphtronic Forcefield negate cards that would result in indirect destruction? (Book of Moon while Mystic Swordsman is out' date=' Future Fusion selecting Chimeratech Overdragon, etc.) Probably no, right?

[/quote']

No.

If you have two wicked avatars' date=' and change one of their names with Hero Mask, will an infinite ATK loop occur?

[/quote']

If you would activate Hero Mask, then yes. Even if you had 1 Wicked Avatar.

But that's also the reason why you can't activate Hero Mask when you control 1 or more Wicked Avatars.

"cannot be used" means that the declared card cannot be placed onto the field from your hand. A declared Monster Card cannot be Summoned or Set from your hand' date=' and any effect it activates while in your hand cannot be activated. A declared Spell or Trap Card cannot be activated or Set from your hand. Every player in the Duel cannot "use" the declared card.[/Quote']

How would this ever be verified without looking at every card they set ... ?

"cannot be used" means that the declared card cannot be placed onto the field from your hand. A declared Monster Card cannot be Summoned or Set from your hand' date=' and any effect it activates while in your hand cannot be activated. A declared Spell or Trap Card cannot be activated or Set from your hand. Every player in the Duel cannot "use" the declared card.[/Quote']

Well the way I figure is if they win with those cards never coming to be revealed, you'd look at them after the duel, and if they did have whatever was prohibited set that'd be cheating a lead to a loss. If they get destroeyd they get revealed and the same thign applies. The only other thing I could see happening is if they trunaded with the prohibited card set, in which case if it's something official I'd call in a 3rd party to verify what they'd set wasn't what's prohibited.

If I Set a Spell/Trap normally, you aren't allowed to take a peek to make sure it's not actually a Monster Card, is that not so? And if I Set a Monster normally, you aren't allowed to take a peek to make sure its level is low enough that I can afford to do so, and that it's not a Nomi/Semi-Nomi, and that it is indeed a Monster Card, is that not so? Well, in that case, the same principle surely applies here, is that not so?

well

wiki says that overload's removal occurs during its resolution, which leads me to believe that it still fusion summons normally.

this goes contrary to what id think, however, because it seems like the removal should be a cost, as it is with gardna and mezuki.

it its a cost, you cant activate it while imperial is up.

Archived