Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

Does Ghostrick Vanish prevent Ghostrick Scare from being used in a different chain? In some sense it sounds like it, but it also could not be from the way Vanish is worded, in that they can't be targeted by effects, but the targeting for Scare is a cost, not an effect.

They cannot.

When a card says cannot be targeted for an effect, like Hazy-Flames, it means the targeting at declaration.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so this just happened in devpro and I wanna know if it's a bug or the truth:

If I tribute 2 monsters for Neo Tachyon's attack effect, then I detach 107 to use Time Tyrant, can I no longer attack 3 times?

I'm thinking it might be a bug, as the "attack 3 monsters" effect had resolved. Although, if it's not a bug, the reasoning would be that since C107 says "If it has 107 attached, it gains this effect", so detaching 107 would remove the effect. But most Number Cs that detach their required Number as a cost still successfully resolve the effect, so either it's a bug, or C107 is an oddity because of how its second effect works.

I'm honestly not sure, and can't find any ruling that even references the situation.

Making sure I understand correctly. I have Imperial Iron Wall activated. I have 3x Quillbolt in my Graveyard and Plaguespreader Zombie on the field. I also have 6 cards in my hand. Theoretically, if I were to use the four monsters to SS Stardust Dragon. Would I be able to keep on special summoning Plaguespreader as long as I have a card in my hand? 

Making sure I understand correctly. I have Imperial Iron Wall activated. I have 3x Quillbolt in my Graveyard and Plaguespreader Zombie on the field. I also have 6 cards in my hand. Theoretically, if I were to use the four monsters to SS Stardust Dragon. Would I be able to keep on special summoning Plaguespreader as long as I have a card in my hand?

You can. Each time Plaguespreader is used for Synchro Material, its drawback will fail to apply and it will go to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Gonzo]The scenario you're describing is colossally more difficult to set up than it's worth because Wall is unsearchable. Also, it's very hard to dump multiple Quillbolts without blowing your whole hand unless you draw 3 Mathematicians and your opponent attacks over each one without killing you.

Archived