Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

When using Machina Fortress, its effect says sendd machine type monsters to the graveyard and ss from the grave or hand. but since you can from the grave, could u just use it and another card to bring it back from the grave?

Yes. This is why it's so good. BECAUSE it can be SSed from hand or Graveyard, it can fulfill part of its own Summoning Condition.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question on an hypothetical effect:

Let's say there is a monster with the following effect:

Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard and activate 1 or both of these effects (simultaneously);
- If the activation requirement of that target is met, activate its effect as this card's effect.
- This card gains the effects of that target.

The question is: If Tenki was targeted with said effect, the monster would effectively get both the continuous ATK boost on Beast-Warriors AND search for a Beast Warrior from the Deck? Or how should it be written to copy both effects? I'm not sure if the "If the activation requirement of that target is met" condition would somehow clash with Tenki's "When this card is activated" condition.

Question on an hypothetical effect:

Let's say there is a monster with the following effect:

Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard and activate 1 or both of these effects (simultaneously);

- If the activation requirement of that target is met, activate its effect as this card's effect.

- This card gains the effects of that target.

The question is: If Tenki was targeted with said effect, the monster would effectively get both the continuous ATK boost on Beast-Warriors AND search for a Beast Warrior from the Deck? Or how should it be written to copy both effects? I'm not sure if the "If the activation requirement of that target is met" condition would somehow clash with Tenki's "When this card is activated" condition.

Tenki's search is only "When this card is activated". As you're talking about a monster, that requirement will never be met, as you can't "activate" a monster. You'd have to go the Diamond Dude route if you wanted to do that kind of thing.

-You can activate that card's effect as this card's effect

^would be the only real way I can say you'd be able to do it properly.

I set 3 Moralltach in S/T Zone, my opponent then activate EEV in their turn choosing Spells, are those Artifacts destroyed by EEV?

From what I understand, as Moralltach specifies it is treated as a Spell Card, yes, EEV would destroy them. Then, as they are destroyed while Set in the S/T Zone (being revealed does not change their status as being Set), they would Special Summon themselves.

Feel free to correct me, higher ups. Not fully certain here because OCG cards and such.

Tenki's search is only "When this card is activated". As you're talking about a monster, that requirement will never be met, as you can't "activate" a monster. You'd have to go the Diamond Dude route if you wanted to do that kind of thing.

-You can activate that card's effect as this card's effect

^would be the only real way I can say you'd be able to do it properly.

I see. But the problem with going for that effect is that it would allow the use of broken S/Ts that are only held back by their activation requirements (e.g. Inferno Tempest), and I wouldn't want the card to be abused that way. I would rather keep the "If the activation requirement of that target is met" condition and simply avoid using the effect on Tenki.

By the way, just to be sure: The effects of cards like ROTA and other Spell/Traps that lack of an activation condition would be copied properly?

I see. But the problem with going for that effect is that it would allow the use of broken S/Ts that are only held back by their activation requirements (e.g. Inferno Tempest), and I wouldn't want the card to be abused that way. I would rather keep the "If the activation requirement of that target is met" condition and simply avoid using the effect on Tenki.

By the way, just to be sure: The effects of cards like ROTA and other Spell/Traps that lack of an activation condition would be copied properly?

yes, those should work fine unless spell speed becomes an issue

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_C107

If you activate and resolve the effect that prevents the activation of effects on the field, does it also prevent the actiavtion of spell/trap cards on the field? (mirror force for example since anything else would have been chained already...)

its hard to know with just a translation

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_C107

If you activate and resolve the effect that prevents the activation of effects on the field, does it also prevent the actiavtion of spell/trap cards on the field? (mirror force for example since anything else would have been chained already...)

its hard to know with just a translation

Is a Trap CARD a card?

Is a Spell CARD a card?

It's easy enough.

(Also note, activating a Spell Card is still activating it's effect.)

No. Sending is not destroying.

To be more precise

Destroying = Sending

Sending =/= Destroying

If something says destroy, it /needs/ to be destroyed. If it reaches the graveyard through any other means that isnt "Destroy", it won't activate.

Similarly, this goes with the hand as well.

Discarding = Sending

Sending =/= Discarding

Pay attention to wording, and evaluate it likewise.

Thank you for answering my first question, I have a couple more:

The effects of Ojama Knight and Ojama King are very unclear, and I was wondering:

When do you activate them? (On summon, or whenever I like?)

How long does it last?

Can you use it more than once per turn, to simply stop my opponent summoning?

Also, can I activate Heart of the Underdog in my Draw Phase?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for answering my first question, I have a couple more:

The effects of Ojama Knight and Ojama King are very unclear, and I was wondering:

When do you activate them? (On summon, or whenever I like?)

How long does it last?

Can you use it more than once per turn, to simply stop my opponent summoning?

The effects of Ojamas King and Knight activate on summon, and last as long as they are face-up on the field. It prevents the zones you selected from being used by anything. You cannot reactivate/reselect with their effects without resummoning them (This does however include Flip Summons and Special Summons from the graveyard)

Also, can I activate Heart of the Underdog in my Draw Phase?

No. Heart of the Underdog is a continuous spell, and must be activated during your Main Phase. You will need to wait until your next draw phase to take advantage of its effects.

Thanks in advance!

Does Honest target? Specifically, can I Forbidden Dress their LIGHT monster that they're trying to boost with Honest?

If it says "Once per turn" and I flip it down, then flip it back up: can I use it again?

Do I need to use "Ghostrick Vanish" before they target the monster, or can I chain it to something like Veiler and it'll protect the Ghostrick?

If I activate ARK and they book it, I can no longer absorb it right?

Can DARK absorb face-down special summons?

Which one wins: Zombie World or DNA Surgery? Or does the last one to be activated get it's effects?

Thank you to whoever answers all of these.

Does Honest target? Specifically, can I Forbidden Dress their LIGHT monster that they're trying to boost with Honest?

If it says "Once per turn" and I flip it down, then flip it back up: can I use it again?

Do I need to use "Ghostrick Vanish" before they target the monster, or can I chain it to something like Veiler and it'll protect the Ghostrick?

If I activate ARK and they book it, I can no longer absorb it right?

Can DARK absorb face-down special summons?

Which one wins: Zombie World or DNA Surgery? Or does the last one to be activated get it's effects?

Thank you to whoever answers all of these.

1) Honest does not target.

2) Yes, unless the card's name is specifically named (such as Rescue Rabbit), flipping it down and back up in the same turn treats it as a different instance of that monster.

3) Vanish must be used before the monster is targeted in order to prevent it from being targeted. It will not stop an already-targeting effect from resolving. (But if the targeting effect will destroy, Vanish will protect from destruction).

4) If ARK or the targeted monster is flipped down or removed from the Field before it resolves, it will not be absorbed.

5) Yes, DARK can absorb facedown SSed monsters.

6) The most recently-resolved effect will take precedence.

Oh yeah, one more for now.

When "Archlord Kristya" is face-up, neither player can attempt to special summon either right? So no overlaying it or trying to activate a card that can SS or w/e?

Correct. Cards that prevent an action will not allow you to take any steps towards performing that action, even if doing so would remove the source of the restriction. So you can't Tribute Kristya for Lava Golem or try to Overlay Kristya, because you're not allowed to even try to SS.

Archived